I'm thinking the big issue revolves around the idea that ones own race is superior and has a right to rule over the other. These are two positions separated in severity.
Many people think that their race/nationality/religion is better but dont believe they have a right to rule over others. Some dont see this to be a difference. A racist is a racist.
What is America trying to make us think of muslims?
I'm thinking the big issue revolves around the idea that ones own race is superior and has a right to rule over the other. These are two positions separated in severity.
Many people think that their race/nationality/religion is better but dont believe they have a right to rule over others. Some dont see this to be a difference. A racist is a racist.
What is America trying to make us think of muslims?
In our "enlightened" society... There are many who feel that any acknowledgement of differences between races as racist. So, to be politically correct and follow the sanctimonious crowd... Anyone who espouses that there are any differences, in any way, between races is racist.
This is a true case of sad but true...
In our "enlightened" society... There are many who feel that any acknowledgement of differences between races as racist. So, to be politically correct and follow the sanctimonious crowd... Anyone who espouses that there are any differences, in any way, between races is racist.
In our "enlightened" society... There are many who feel that any acknowledgement of differences between races as racist. So, to be politically correct and follow the sanctimonious crowd... Anyone who espouses that there are any differences, in any way, between races is racist.
Sadly I think this is exactly the case and the media/politicians have sold it.
Quote Originally Posted by Randisist:
This is a true case of sad but true...
In our "enlightened" society... There are many who feel that any acknowledgement of differences between races as racist. So, to be politically correct and follow the sanctimonious crowd... Anyone who espouses that there are any differences, in any way, between races is racist.
Sadly I think this is exactly the case and the media/politicians have sold it.
I don't have a good answer to the original question- What I do see is that there are a large number of people that seem to be waiting for or looking for a reason to be offended.... -for any number of reasons- race being one... Unfortunately- rarely do the "offensive" comments/issues actually provoke a meaningful discussion regarding race/racism- if fact they typically widen the divide-
I don't have a good answer to the original question- What I do see is that there are a large number of people that seem to be waiting for or looking for a reason to be offended.... -for any number of reasons- race being one... Unfortunately- rarely do the "offensive" comments/issues actually provoke a meaningful discussion regarding race/racism- if fact they typically widen the divide-
Wondering what defines a man or woman as a true racist.
i don't think the people in california will ever get a chance to see what a true racist person is because of the state that we live in.
we are talking about a democratic state with one of the highest numbers/percentages of minorities well represented .....so many people here are forced to deal with all the different types of racial backgrounds.
a true racist will refuse to deal with the hoopla in california and move to another state. I think having a couple of characteristics of what a true racist entails might not necessarily make you a racist but you still gotta watch your back and watch what you say even if it was just 1 thing or an isolated incident.
Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:
Wondering what defines a man or woman as a true racist.
i don't think the people in california will ever get a chance to see what a true racist person is because of the state that we live in.
we are talking about a democratic state with one of the highest numbers/percentages of minorities well represented .....so many people here are forced to deal with all the different types of racial backgrounds.
a true racist will refuse to deal with the hoopla in california and move to another state. I think having a couple of characteristics of what a true racist entails might not necessarily make you a racist but you still gotta watch your back and watch what you say even if it was just 1 thing or an isolated incident.
Know what how? That racism is an issue in this country and the world? That confuses you huh?
Nah. Just saying calling someone an idiot is a little desperate when you think someone doesn't agree with you. Usually means you cannot explain it well enough. It is our generation that keeps it going more than anything and perpetrating it. I know the younger generation is less so and would be even less so. But our generation keep seeing it to be such a big issue. Too many people seem to make money off of making sure it is stirred up over the littlest perceived slight.
Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:
Know what how? That racism is an issue in this country and the world? That confuses you huh?
Nah. Just saying calling someone an idiot is a little desperate when you think someone doesn't agree with you. Usually means you cannot explain it well enough. It is our generation that keeps it going more than anything and perpetrating it. I know the younger generation is less so and would be even less so. But our generation keep seeing it to be such a big issue. Too many people seem to make money off of making sure it is stirred up over the littlest perceived slight.
Never, in the history of humanity has the world seem so small as it does today. Technology, along with social media, among other factors has now brought to light every little story. And when it comes to stories involving race relations and sexuality in the United States, it has become increasingly sensitive to strong opinions of these subjects.
In my community, we have segregation. You can go to an affluent white suburb and adjacent is a 70% black area.
I'll expose my own prejudice right now, On Friday morning when I was at my son's elementary graduation assembly, I studied the other children and their races. Then looked around at the parents. It was nearly split 3 ways, with a few Asians sprinkled in. I looked back ant the kid's and smiled. Being an "A" rated school we we're all there to better our children.
That's where it starts. Generations before us had bigotry and intimidation, segregation, riots and marches and sitdowns and what not. Overall, we are or at least should be progressing as a society. Our children should not carry a burden or being a particular color. We need to prosper in order to make this country better.
We cannot let the immigrants bring their third world banana republic mentality here and make us accept that. We need to hold folks accountable and up to standard. So when I go to Wendy's and custom make my chicken sandwich I expect my perfectly clear English to be understood.
Never, in the history of humanity has the world seem so small as it does today. Technology, along with social media, among other factors has now brought to light every little story. And when it comes to stories involving race relations and sexuality in the United States, it has become increasingly sensitive to strong opinions of these subjects.
In my community, we have segregation. You can go to an affluent white suburb and adjacent is a 70% black area.
I'll expose my own prejudice right now, On Friday morning when I was at my son's elementary graduation assembly, I studied the other children and their races. Then looked around at the parents. It was nearly split 3 ways, with a few Asians sprinkled in. I looked back ant the kid's and smiled. Being an "A" rated school we we're all there to better our children.
That's where it starts. Generations before us had bigotry and intimidation, segregation, riots and marches and sitdowns and what not. Overall, we are or at least should be progressing as a society. Our children should not carry a burden or being a particular color. We need to prosper in order to make this country better.
We cannot let the immigrants bring their third world banana republic mentality here and make us accept that. We need to hold folks accountable and up to standard. So when I go to Wendy's and custom make my chicken sandwich I expect my perfectly clear English to be understood.
If you're a white male and you think racism isn't an issue you're an idiot. I stand by my statement. I'll accept an immigrant and their banana republic mentality before I accept a white guy that thinks he's better than other people.
If you're a white male and you think racism isn't an issue you're an idiot. I stand by my statement. I'll accept an immigrant and their banana republic mentality before I accept a white guy that thinks he's better than other people.
Never, in the history of humanity has the world seem so small as it does today. Technology, along with social media, among other factors has now brought to light every little story. And when it comes to stories involving race relations and sexuality in the United States, it has become increasingly sensitive to strong opinions of these subjects.
In my community, we have segregation. You can go to an affluent white suburb and adjacent is a 70% black area.
I'll expose my own prejudice right now, On Friday morning when I was at my son's elementary graduation assembly, I studied the other children and their races. Then looked around at the parents. It was nearly split 3 ways, with a few Asians sprinkled in. I looked back ant the kid's and smiled. Being an "A" rated school we we're all there to better our children.
That's where it starts. Generations before us had bigotry and intimidation, segregation, riots and marches and sitdowns and what not. Overall, we are or at least should be progressing as a society. Our children should not carry a burden or being a particular color. We need to prosper in order to make this country better.
We cannot let the immigrants bring their third world banana republic mentality here and make us accept that. We need to hold folks accountable and up to standard. So when I go to Wendy's and custom make my chicken sandwich I expect my perfectly clear English to be understood.
Everything was fine until this. People who walk into a Wendy's/McD's/ or BK and "customize" their unhealthful selection and get pissed when the minimum wage workers get it wrong...are asking too much...and probably need to reassess what their expectations and priorities should be.
Quote Originally Posted by bizkilla:
Never, in the history of humanity has the world seem so small as it does today. Technology, along with social media, among other factors has now brought to light every little story. And when it comes to stories involving race relations and sexuality in the United States, it has become increasingly sensitive to strong opinions of these subjects.
In my community, we have segregation. You can go to an affluent white suburb and adjacent is a 70% black area.
I'll expose my own prejudice right now, On Friday morning when I was at my son's elementary graduation assembly, I studied the other children and their races. Then looked around at the parents. It was nearly split 3 ways, with a few Asians sprinkled in. I looked back ant the kid's and smiled. Being an "A" rated school we we're all there to better our children.
That's where it starts. Generations before us had bigotry and intimidation, segregation, riots and marches and sitdowns and what not. Overall, we are or at least should be progressing as a society. Our children should not carry a burden or being a particular color. We need to prosper in order to make this country better.
We cannot let the immigrants bring their third world banana republic mentality here and make us accept that. We need to hold folks accountable and up to standard. So when I go to Wendy's and custom make my chicken sandwich I expect my perfectly clear English to be understood.
Everything was fine until this. People who walk into a Wendy's/McD's/ or BK and "customize" their unhealthful selection and get pissed when the minimum wage workers get it wrong...are asking too much...and probably need to reassess what their expectations and priorities should be.
If you're a white male and you think racism isn't an issue you're an idiot. I stand by my statement. I'll accept an immigrant and their banana republic mentality before I accept a white guy that thinks he's better than other people.
What is there to stand by? People that don't agree with you are idiots? Just because you see racism everywhere. Keep perpetrating it to the youth. I am pretty sure all white guys don't think they are better than other people. Just as racism is a problem but nowhere the problem people think it is. Sure it used to be. But look at how the generations after you have progressed. It is not the issue older people want it to be any longer. The way you sound not many white guys for you to hang out with.
Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:
If you're a white male and you think racism isn't an issue you're an idiot. I stand by my statement. I'll accept an immigrant and their banana republic mentality before I accept a white guy that thinks he's better than other people.
What is there to stand by? People that don't agree with you are idiots? Just because you see racism everywhere. Keep perpetrating it to the youth. I am pretty sure all white guys don't think they are better than other people. Just as racism is a problem but nowhere the problem people think it is. Sure it used to be. But look at how the generations after you have progressed. It is not the issue older people want it to be any longer. The way you sound not many white guys for you to hang out with.
If you're a white male and you think racism isn't an issue you're an idiot. I stand by my statement. I'll accept an immigrant and their banana republic mentality before I accept a white guy that thinks he's better than other people.
What are you thinking should be done to rectify it that isn't it hasn't been done?
Quote Originally Posted by I_Need_A_Detox:
If you're a white male and you think racism isn't an issue you're an idiot. I stand by my statement. I'll accept an immigrant and their banana republic mentality before I accept a white guy that thinks he's better than other people.
What are you thinking should be done to rectify it that isn't it hasn't been done?