More viruses
My brother said to stop using IE, so I am using chrome now. what a differance. Much faster and so far no attacks on here. are you using chrome or firefox? maybe that is why nothing set off your norton.
My brother said to stop using IE, so I am using chrome now. what a differance. Much faster and so far no attacks on here. are you using chrome or firefox? maybe that is why nothing set off your norton.
Exploit:Java/CVE-2011-3544.E was detected by MME and successfully deleted last night. My computer only browsed few web sites, CBS Sportline, Yahoo news, Covers.com and my local book. One way to find it out is, i will NOT go to Covers.com for a couple of days and have Microsoft Security Essentials (MME) scanning everday when my PC is off from Covers.com, and see MME still pick ups viruses in the days without browsing Covers.com.
Thanks for your attention, Lou! ![]()
Ok, after i have stopped browsing Covers.com since 12-22-11, my computer picked up NO virus by scanning Microsoft Security Essentials everyday. i suspect that Covers' ads have carried or inbedded with malwares. ![]()
Exploit:Java/CVE-2011-3544.E was detected by MME and successfully deleted last night. My computer only browsed few web sites, CBS Sportline, Yahoo news, Covers.com and my local book. One way to find it out is, i will NOT go to Covers.com for a couple of days and have Microsoft Security Essentials (MME) scanning everday when my PC is off from Covers.com, and see MME still pick ups viruses in the days without browsing Covers.com.
Thanks for your attention, Lou! ![]()
Ok, after i have stopped browsing Covers.com since 12-22-11, my computer picked up NO virus by scanning Microsoft Security Essentials everyday. i suspect that Covers' ads have carried or inbedded with malwares. ![]()
Just had an attack. Did not cilck on an ad just a college football thread.
Gorrasco.com/LMASTAN/763956043
212.95.55.198
Don't know if this helps.
Just had an attack. Did not cilck on an ad just a college football thread.
Gorrasco.com/LMASTAN/763956043
212.95.55.198
Don't know if this helps.
Microsoft Security Essentials just detected Exploit:Java/CVE-2011-3544.E and successfully removed it from my computer three minutes ago.
My computer only browsed, CBS Sportsline and Covers three minutes ago!!
Microsoft Security Essentials just detected Exploit:Java/CVE-2011-3544.E and successfully removed it from my computer three minutes ago.
My computer only browsed, CBS Sportsline and Covers three minutes ago!!
tinfoils,
Norton. If this helps, there are at least two more that always seems to pop up regularly. I'll note them down next time.
tinfoils,
Norton. If this helps, there are at least two more that always seems to pop up regularly. I'll note them down next time.
Hey Lou, I just saw this and I'm a little confused... I thought that you guys checked out all of the ad networks after the original complaints in early November and found that they were all clean? Did your guys' investigation reveal that one of the ad networks did contain some malicious code?
Hey Lou, I just saw this and I'm a little confused... I thought that you guys checked out all of the ad networks after the original complaints in early November and found that they were all clean? Did your guys' investigation reveal that one of the ad networks did contain some malicious code?
kapono/tinfoils,
It would seem then that we have a very simple way of testing that theory. Just direct the users who are getting the virus hits to any other website that uses the same ad network(s) you are referring to and see if the same thing happens.
kapono/tinfoils,
It would seem then that we have a very simple way of testing that theory. Just direct the users who are getting the virus hits to any other website that uses the same ad network(s) you are referring to and see if the same thing happens.
kapono/tinfoils,
By reading the first line of your post, it is only a theory. Not trying to start anything but I'm interpreting this as you wrote it.
I've been on your site before you guys became Covers.com by acquiring wagerline and never had any problem until approximately two months ago. The date joined says 2002 but I did not immediately reregister after you became Covers as we know it today
Regarding the second posting of a virus, that Java download is the title of the virus (?) that was detected. If you look at my post #54, I did not put in the title because it was exactly the same as Garrasco.com. I also neglected to put in the #13 in my second virus post so it should have read java download #13.If someone was to "plant" a virus on your site, they should just title it "java download" because you will say it's not from Covers and pass it off as nothing to worry about. I'm just pointing out that the title could be just that, a title. There was a third virus that was titled Website toolkit #9 (sorry I have not seen it since I started posting the first two Viruses). So I do not believe it's the same as Europa's problem. I may be wrong, I don't know.
Yes, I did have the new computer cleaned two weeks ago. No, I have not used an AV downloaded from a website other than Norton. Unless you're telling me Norton's product and website are no good, then I don't know where the virus on my computer came from. I shut down my computer 2-5 times a day and all Microsoft updates are automatically updated before the computer shuts off. I don't leave my computer on 24/7, ever. I'm not looking for compensation either as alluded to by Mr. Win.
Here's an update as of today, I have not seen any of the three aforementioned warnings since posting the first two here. In fact, I've not seen the first virus since it was posted. Neither have I seen the second virus since it was posted. If your techies did something, a great big THANK YOU from me is in order. If they did'nt do anything, then I can't figure out why I have not seen any of those warnings.
![]()
kapono/tinfoils,
By reading the first line of your post, it is only a theory. Not trying to start anything but I'm interpreting this as you wrote it.
I've been on your site before you guys became Covers.com by acquiring wagerline and never had any problem until approximately two months ago. The date joined says 2002 but I did not immediately reregister after you became Covers as we know it today
Regarding the second posting of a virus, that Java download is the title of the virus (?) that was detected. If you look at my post #54, I did not put in the title because it was exactly the same as Garrasco.com. I also neglected to put in the #13 in my second virus post so it should have read java download #13.If someone was to "plant" a virus on your site, they should just title it "java download" because you will say it's not from Covers and pass it off as nothing to worry about. I'm just pointing out that the title could be just that, a title. There was a third virus that was titled Website toolkit #9 (sorry I have not seen it since I started posting the first two Viruses). So I do not believe it's the same as Europa's problem. I may be wrong, I don't know.
Yes, I did have the new computer cleaned two weeks ago. No, I have not used an AV downloaded from a website other than Norton. Unless you're telling me Norton's product and website are no good, then I don't know where the virus on my computer came from. I shut down my computer 2-5 times a day and all Microsoft updates are automatically updated before the computer shuts off. I don't leave my computer on 24/7, ever. I'm not looking for compensation either as alluded to by Mr. Win.
Here's an update as of today, I have not seen any of the three aforementioned warnings since posting the first two here. In fact, I've not seen the first virus since it was posted. Neither have I seen the second virus since it was posted. If your techies did something, a great big THANK YOU from me is in order. If they did'nt do anything, then I can't figure out why I have not seen any of those warnings.
![]()
Try using Microsoft security essentials
Free and the best
My Microsoft Security Essentials detected four Exploit:Java/CVE-2011-3544 virues last night and able to remove again. My computer was only browsing CBS Sports line and Covers.com last night.
Try using Microsoft security essentials
Free and the best
My Microsoft Security Essentials detected four Exploit:Java/CVE-2011-3544 virues last night and able to remove again. My computer was only browsing CBS Sports line and Covers.com last night.
Hot Forum Topics
- 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 452,674
- Tuesday 09/29/2026 636
- Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,213
- The MLB Playoffs are here. 6,335
- PART DEUX 251
- I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,016
- NFL LOCKED IN! 102,501
- You asked for more winners- here you go 1,488
- NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 28,823
- That’s the game! This will end 3-2 Phillies win. No more runs. Take In Game Live UNDER 5.5 runs (+261) and Phillies to win by EXACTLY 1 runs (+280) 619
Warning - External Link
Report User
This post is spam
Delete Post
Remove Thread
Scan Results
Login/Register
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
