• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Covers Help

    More viruses

    123 Next Last»
    kaponofor3
    Covers-Team
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Europa
    Skipbone
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 4398
    Posts: 68
    123 Next Last»
     
    kaponofor3
    kaponofor3
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 35430
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2011 - 4:42 PM ET #1

    Hi CT, just got back from a trip and loaded up covers on my Firefox on my home computer, and bang, system immediately was infected with "windows 7 security 2012", can't even get it eliminated in safe mode. WTF guys?! This is the second time this has happened to me. Please guys you gotta get this under control. I don't know what happened but my scanner popped up the zeroaccess malware Trojan infection immediately upon viewing the forums
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Hi CT, just got back from a trip and loaded up covers on my Firefox on my home computer, and bang, system immediately was infected with "windows 7 security 2012", can't even get it eliminated in safe mode. WTF guys?! This is the second time this has happened to me. Please guys you gotta get this under control. I don't know what happened but my scanner popped up the zeroaccess malware Trojan infection immediately upon viewing the forums
     
    kaponofor3
    kaponofor3
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 35430
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2011 - 4:44 PM ET #2

    I was able to run spybot search and destroy which found "fraud.internetsecurity2011" with 24 entries under the category of malware
    Reply
    I was able to run spybot search and destroy which found "fraud.internetsecurity2011" with 24 entries under the category of malware
     
    kaponofor3
    kaponofor3
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 35430
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2011 - 4:46 PM ET #3

    Also found two entries of "Microsoft.windows.fileexe" ... Computer was 100% virus and malware free when I went out of town because I have started running daily spybot scans and malwarebytes scans solely because of the fake security program I got around a month ago from the site
    Reply
    Also found two entries of "Microsoft.windows.fileexe" ... Computer was 100% virus and malware free when I went out of town because I have started running daily spybot scans and malwarebytes scans solely because of the fake security program I got around a month ago from the site
     
    Covers-Team
    Covers-Team
    Covers Referee
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2001
    Posts: 51498
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2011 - 5:59 PM ET #4

    Hi

    We are looking into this now

    Thanks

    Winning Starts Here
    Reply

    Hi

    We are looking into this now

    Thanks

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Dec. 10, 2011 - 7:15 AM ET #5

    Me too. Just FYI.

    CT

    Reply

    Me too. Just FYI.

    CT

     
    I_Need_A_Detox
    I_Need_A_Detox
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 27139
    Posted: Dec. 10, 2011 - 7:17 AM ET #6

    It just started yesterday for me again. I don't really care ....  i have a thing at best buy that the geek squad will fix anything for 2 years. But i just remember Rizz saying he wanted feedback on this.

    Reply

    It just started yesterday for me again. I don't really care ....  i have a thing at best buy that the geek squad will fix anything for 2 years. But i just remember Rizz saying he wanted feedback on this.

     
    Europa
    Europa
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 42701
    Posted: Dec. 10, 2011 - 7:33 PM ET #7

    Please help!!

    i just finished scanned my computer with Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE), MSE just found a severe virus on my computer. Its name is Exploit:Java/CVE-2011- 3544.E   

    My computer has only linked the Covers for the day, and i am certained it was infected through Covers.

    By the way , MSE has detected many Exploit Java or Exploit JS virues through Covers.

    Reply

    Please help!!

    i just finished scanned my computer with Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE), MSE just found a severe virus on my computer. Its name is Exploit:Java/CVE-2011- 3544.E   

    My computer has only linked the Covers for the day, and i am certained it was infected through Covers.

    By the way , MSE has detected many Exploit Java or Exploit JS virues through Covers.

     
    Skipbone
    Skipbone
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 6368
    Posted: Dec. 11, 2011 - 12:23 AM ET #8

    Covers is like a $2 crack person
    Reply
    Covers is like a $2 crack person
     
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hugh_Jorgan
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 22961
    Posted: Dec. 11, 2011 - 9:03 AM ET #9

    I had an old laptop ... used it a few weeks ago, it worked fine until I came on this site. The laptop is now in the garbage.

    Covers knows their site is infected, and from a business standpoint I can somewhat understand why they can't admit it ... but some of the explanations they have offered up over the last 2 months are absurd 

    bigreds daddy
    Reply
    I had an old laptop ... used it a few weeks ago, it worked fine until I came on this site. The laptop is now in the garbage.

    Covers knows their site is infected, and from a business standpoint I can somewhat understand why they can't admit it ... but some of the explanations they have offered up over the last 2 months are absurd 

     
    trotter64
    trotter64
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 4360
    Posted: Dec. 12, 2011 - 5:46 PM ET #10

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:

    I had an old laptop ... used it a few weeks ago, it worked fine until I came on this site. The laptop is now in the garbage.

    Covers knows their site is infected, and from a business standpoint I can somewhat understand why they can't admit it ... but some of the explanations they have offered up over the last 2 months are absurd 



    It all started when the really bright person who said "Lets put those JUNK ads on our site to raise money.... who cares if they annoy... or are pure junk, who cares if they are full of viruses, as long as they pay us"

    Those sites/ads, just by looking at them, any one with HALF ... I repeat... HALF a brain should have known they were bad news from jump street.

    This all came/comes from those.... "You're the 1,000,000,000 visitor, no joke you have won" ads... that's why they are gone.

    Thank God I have a great security system... but it goes off DAILY on this site and this site only.

    Covers... stick your head in the sand and hope no-one see's you? 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_Jorgan:

    I had an old laptop ... used it a few weeks ago, it worked fine until I came on this site. The laptop is now in the garbage.

    Covers knows their site is infected, and from a business standpoint I can somewhat understand why they can't admit it ... but some of the explanations they have offered up over the last 2 months are absurd 



    It all started when the really bright person who said "Lets put those JUNK ads on our site to raise money.... who cares if they annoy... or are pure junk, who cares if they are full of viruses, as long as they pay us"

    Those sites/ads, just by looking at them, any one with HALF ... I repeat... HALF a brain should have known they were bad news from jump street.

    This all came/comes from those.... "You're the 1,000,000,000 visitor, no joke you have won" ads... that's why they are gone.

    Thank God I have a great security system... but it goes off DAILY on this site and this site only.

    Covers... stick your head in the sand and hope no-one see's you? 
     
    cubsin08
    cubsin08
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 8543
    Posted: Dec. 13, 2011 - 2:38 PM ET #11

    I will no longer log into covers on my pc. I have been infected 3 times and it's 100% coming fom covers . I have not had 1 problem since i have stopped logging on to Covers. Please post when you fix the problem so I can return. Thank you .

    cubsin08 strong like bull

    Reply

    I will no longer log into covers on my pc. I have been infected 3 times and it's 100% coming fom covers . I have not had 1 problem since i have stopped logging on to Covers. Please post when you fix the problem so I can return. Thank you .

    cubsin08 strong like bull

     
    Rizzo
    Rizzo
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2001
    Posts: 13180
    Posted: Dec. 14, 2011 - 5:38 AM ET #12

    Hety Cubsin08,

    Could you tell me the last time you had a problem and exactly happened.

    Cheers,

    Rizz

    Reply

    Hety Cubsin08,

    Could you tell me the last time you had a problem and exactly happened.

    Cheers,

    Rizz

     
    kaponofor3
    kaponofor3
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 35430
    Posted: Dec. 14, 2011 - 9:22 AM ET #13

    Rizzo -- any word on the progress you guys are making? The efforts that covers is taking to try and solve this problem? I've had my home PC infected twice now, and while I'm 90% sure the first time was because of covers, I'm basically 100% sure that the second time was an advertisement on covers because it kicked itself in a few seconds after the ads loaded. By the time I realized what was going on, the fake security program had taken over my computer and closed my browser.


    Reply
    Rizzo -- any word on the progress you guys are making? The efforts that covers is taking to try and solve this problem? I've had my home PC infected twice now, and while I'm 90% sure the first time was because of covers, I'm basically 100% sure that the second time was an advertisement on covers because it kicked itself in a few seconds after the ads loaded. By the time I realized what was going on, the fake security program had taken over my computer and closed my browser.


     
    weeble5672
    weeble5672
    Covers Referee
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 97402
    Posted: Dec. 14, 2011 - 9:36 AM ET #14

    Quick question for you, kapono. Are you absolutely 100% SURE that you had your computer clean of the virus the first time 'round?

    I only ask this because I once had this same thing and I cleaned it out...or so I thought. It seemed to be gone and then, a week later, back it came. After extensive research, I found out that what I did was not nearly enough to get rid of it.
    Reply
    Quick question for you, kapono. Are you absolutely 100% SURE that you had your computer clean of the virus the first time 'round?

    I only ask this because I once had this same thing and I cleaned it out...or so I thought. It seemed to be gone and then, a week later, back it came. After extensive research, I found out that what I did was not nearly enough to get rid of it.
     
    kaponofor3
    kaponofor3
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 35430
    Posted: Dec. 14, 2011 - 9:42 AM ET #15

    weeble -- I'm 99% sure, hard to say 100% because maybe there are things that dual regular Malwarebites Anti-Malware and Spybot S&D scans missed. Let's put it this way weebs, after it got infected the first time, I took it in to a shop to have it professionally cleaned and they recommended the daily Malwarebites and Spybot scans, which I did on a regular schedule once I got the computer back. I  had no problems with it until I returned from an out of town trip and logged into covers (first website I visited). Within 5-10 seconds, the fake security program took over the computer. I know there are dangerous ads on the website here because my work filter (Trend Micro) is hyper-vigilant and flags some of them as having malicious or dangerous code.

    I don't think its Covers' site per se -- I think its the ads that are displayed from third party servers or however you guys have that organized
    Reply
    weeble -- I'm 99% sure, hard to say 100% because maybe there are things that dual regular Malwarebites Anti-Malware and Spybot S&D scans missed. Let's put it this way weebs, after it got infected the first time, I took it in to a shop to have it professionally cleaned and they recommended the daily Malwarebites and Spybot scans, which I did on a regular schedule once I got the computer back. I  had no problems with it until I returned from an out of town trip and logged into covers (first website I visited). Within 5-10 seconds, the fake security program took over the computer. I know there are dangerous ads on the website here because my work filter (Trend Micro) is hyper-vigilant and flags some of them as having malicious or dangerous code.

    I don't think its Covers' site per se -- I think its the ads that are displayed from third party servers or however you guys have that organized
     
    weeble5672
    weeble5672
    Covers Referee
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 97402
    Posted: Dec. 14, 2011 - 10:08 AM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by kaponofor3:

    weeble -- I'm 99% sure, hard to say 100% because maybe there are things that dual regular Malwarebites Anti-Malware and Spybot S&D scans missed. Let's put it this way weebs, after it got infected the first time, I took it in to a shop to have it professionally cleaned and they recommended the daily Malwarebites and Spybot scans, which I did on a regular schedule once I got the computer back. I  had no problems with it until I returned from an out of town trip and logged into covers (first website I visited). Within 5-10 seconds, the fake security program took over the computer. I know there are dangerous ads on the website here because my work filter (Trend Micro) is hyper-vigilant and flags some of them as having malicious or dangerous code.

    I don't think its Covers' site per se -- I think its the ads that are displayed from third party servers or however you guys have that organized



    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by kaponofor3:

    weeble -- I'm 99% sure, hard to say 100% because maybe there are things that dual regular Malwarebites Anti-Malware and Spybot S&D scans missed. Let's put it this way weebs, after it got infected the first time, I took it in to a shop to have it professionally cleaned and they recommended the daily Malwarebites and Spybot scans, which I did on a regular schedule once I got the computer back. I  had no problems with it until I returned from an out of town trip and logged into covers (first website I visited). Within 5-10 seconds, the fake security program took over the computer. I know there are dangerous ads on the website here because my work filter (Trend Micro) is hyper-vigilant and flags some of them as having malicious or dangerous code.

    I don't think its Covers' site per se -- I think its the ads that are displayed from third party servers or however you guys have that organized



     
    pa_picks
    pa_picks
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2003
    Posts: 1270
    Posted: Dec. 15, 2011 - 8:19 AM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by kaponofor3:

    I'm 99% sure, hard to say 100%


    You can bump that to 100%.  It is coming from the adserver Covers is using.  The best way to protect yourself is use adblocking software or don't visit this site. 

    Covers is really dropping the ball here letting this continue for so long.  It is completely irresponsible of them to continue to collect a paycheck funded by these unscrupulous, unprofessional or at the very least incompetent ad companies.

    Especially when their decision to allow this to continue is at the expense of their supporters and the personal security of their PC's. They are creating a situation where their users are possibly even having to spend money they don't have or should not have to be spending on getting their machines fixed.

    This has to end YESTERDAY.  It is not good enough to be "working on it", the add servers need to be changed or shut down until they safe.   Any compented IT team could do this in under 1/2 hour, and if they can't they need to be fired and replaced with a new team. 

    It is the equivalent of a restaurant continuing to serve tainted appetizers that are making a solid portion of their patrons sick but refusing to change food suppliers or cooks. 

    Fix this NOW COVERS!!!!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by kaponofor3:

    I'm 99% sure, hard to say 100%


    You can bump that to 100%.  It is coming from the adserver Covers is using.  The best way to protect yourself is use adblocking software or don't visit this site. 

    Covers is really dropping the ball here letting this continue for so long.  It is completely irresponsible of them to continue to collect a paycheck funded by these unscrupulous, unprofessional or at the very least incompetent ad companies.

    Especially when their decision to allow this to continue is at the expense of their supporters and the personal security of their PC's. They are creating a situation where their users are possibly even having to spend money they don't have or should not have to be spending on getting their machines fixed.

    This has to end YESTERDAY.  It is not good enough to be "working on it", the add servers need to be changed or shut down until they safe.   Any compented IT team could do this in under 1/2 hour, and if they can't they need to be fired and replaced with a new team. 

    It is the equivalent of a restaurant continuing to serve tainted appetizers that are making a solid portion of their patrons sick but refusing to change food suppliers or cooks. 

    Fix this NOW COVERS!!!!
     
    Rizzo
    Rizzo
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2001
    Posts: 13180
    Posted: Dec. 15, 2011 - 12:05 PM ET #18

    Hey Guys. We have just changed to 1 Ad Server now who are very reputable. Hopefully this should be the end of it. If not post here. Thanks. Rizz
    Reply
    Hey Guys. We have just changed to 1 Ad Server now who are very reputable. Hopefully this should be the end of it. If not post here. Thanks. Rizz
     
    Europa
    Europa
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2003
    Posts: 42701
    Posted: Dec. 16, 2011 - 1:38 AM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzo:

    Hey Guys. We have just changed to 1 Ad Server now who are very reputable. Hopefully this should be the end of it. If not post here. Thanks. Rizz

    Will post if any new malware/virus spotted. Thanks for your attention and help, Rizz!  

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzo:

    Hey Guys. We have just changed to 1 Ad Server now who are very reputable. Hopefully this should be the end of it. If not post here. Thanks. Rizz

    Will post if any new malware/virus spotted. Thanks for your attention and help, Rizz!  

     
    kaponofor3
    kaponofor3
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 35430
    Posted: Dec. 17, 2011 - 7:53 PM ET #20

    I just got another of the same warning for the ZeroAccess bug, looks like my McAfee caught it this time, again Covers is the only website that I have open in my browser.
    Reply
    I just got another of the same warning for the ZeroAccess bug, looks like my McAfee caught it this time, again Covers is the only website that I have open in my browser.
     
    kaponofor3
    kaponofor3
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 35430
    Posted: Dec. 18, 2011 - 1:59 PM ET #21

    FYI CT it was the exact same files/virus as last time, see the above for what it was.
    Reply
    FYI CT it was the exact same files/virus as last time, see the above for what it was.
     
    Covers-Team
    Covers-Team
    Covers Referee
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2001
    Posts: 51498
    Posted: Dec. 18, 2011 - 2:20 PM ET #22

    Hi kaponofor3,

    Thanks for the update, we will look into it Now.

    CT
    Winning Starts Here
    Reply
    Hi kaponofor3,

    Thanks for the update, we will look into it Now.

    CT
     
    kaponofor3
    kaponofor3
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 35430
    Posted: Dec. 19, 2011 - 10:27 AM ET #23

    CT -- I appreciate you guys looking into it, but this is now the third (fourth even maybe? I've lost count) time that my computer has been infected by the ZeroAccess trojan directly from this website. Looks like I will only be able to check covers at work because my work filter is hyper-aggressive.

    You guys really, really need to do something about this. Someone in your ad group is screwing you guys and letting their ads contain some pretty nasty malware.

    Please guys, have your IT squad fix this. It's making me not want to visit the website.
    Reply
    CT -- I appreciate you guys looking into it, but this is now the third (fourth even maybe? I've lost count) time that my computer has been infected by the ZeroAccess trojan directly from this website. Looks like I will only be able to check covers at work because my work filter is hyper-aggressive.

    You guys really, really need to do something about this. Someone in your ad group is screwing you guys and letting their ads contain some pretty nasty malware.

    Please guys, have your IT squad fix this. It's making me not want to visit the website.
     
    Rizzo
    Rizzo
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2001
    Posts: 13180
    Posted: Dec. 19, 2011 - 12:54 PM ET #24

    Believe me sir we are working hard to get rid of this once and for all. The last thing we want is for anyone not to want to visit our site for these reasons.

    We are treating it very serious and taking the necesary steps to prevent it happening again.

    Rizz
    Reply
    Believe me sir we are working hard to get rid of this once and for all. The last thing we want is for anyone not to want to visit our site for these reasons.

    We are treating it very serious and taking the necesary steps to prevent it happening again.

    Rizz
     
     
    tinfoils
    tinfoils
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2002
    Posts: 66016
    Posted: Dec. 19, 2011 - 4:59 PM ET #25

    Got the same thing kapono's talking about yesterday during the first set of NFL. Spent two hours trying to get it fixed. Finally gave up and took my six week old computer back to office depot to have it debugged for $120. Btw, this six week old computer was purchased because of a virus that infected my old laptop after being infected while on Covers.
    Reply
    Got the same thing kapono's talking about yesterday during the first set of NFL. Spent two hours trying to get it fixed. Finally gave up and took my six week old computer back to office depot to have it debugged for $120. Btw, this six week old computer was purchased because of a virus that infected my old laptop after being infected while on Covers.
    All Forums | Covers Help
    123 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 452,674
    • Tuesday 09/29/2026 636
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,213
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 6,335
    • PART DEUX 251
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,016
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,501
    • You asked for more winners- here you go 1,488
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 28,823
    • That’s the game! This will end 3-2 Phillies win. No more runs. Take In Game Live UNDER 5.5 runs (+261) and Phillies to win by EXACTLY 1 runs (+280) 619

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.