• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | College Football

    *** Week 8 NCAA Football ***

    «First Previous 123 ... 567 Next Last»
    OGHowie282
    flyguybry21
    ATSDominance
    dumbfoundead
    warcameagle56
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 35288
    Posts: 166
    «First Previous 123 ... 567 Next Last»
     
    OGHowie282
    OGHowie282
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2005
    Posts: 1067
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2014 - 6:34 PM ET #101

    On SVP today (yes ESPN), Ryen Russilo participated in a mock committee for the 2008 season.  It's very interesting how it ended up and the discussions that took place but my issue is with the question at the end.

    When it was finished, they asked the committee if it ends up that they feel the best 4 teams in the nation include 2 SEC teams and 2 Big 12 teams, would they really make that the FIRST playoff??  They stood by the answer of "if those are the best 4 teams, they will be in the playoff."  

    That conversation disgusts me and I think it would be a travesty. 

    I'm not completely against 2 teams making it to the playoff, but I do not want to see any rematches.  Maybe it's because my team was on the losing end of one, but rematches have been the worst National Championship games.  It also leaves too many unanswered questions.
    Reply
    On SVP today (yes ESPN), Ryen Russilo participated in a mock committee for the 2008 season.  It's very interesting how it ended up and the discussions that took place but my issue is with the question at the end.

    When it was finished, they asked the committee if it ends up that they feel the best 4 teams in the nation include 2 SEC teams and 2 Big 12 teams, would they really make that the FIRST playoff??  They stood by the answer of "if those are the best 4 teams, they will be in the playoff."  

    That conversation disgusts me and I think it would be a travesty. 

    I'm not completely against 2 teams making it to the playoff, but I do not want to see any rematches.  Maybe it's because my team was on the losing end of one, but rematches have been the worst National Championship games.  It also leaves too many unanswered questions.
     
    OGHowie282
    OGHowie282
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2005
    Posts: 1067
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2014 - 6:35 PM ET #102

    Quote Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

    Who was calling for that BS " rematch " in 2011 when Bama and LSU played????

    ESPN


    They were brainwashing you people BEFORE THE GAME !!! With this notion of a rematch.



    Last year there were talks about letting BAMA and Auburn duke it out again for a NC.... WTF???




    LOL, I can't believe you said this while I was typing out my last post.  So true.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

    Who was calling for that BS " rematch " in 2011 when Bama and LSU played????

    ESPN


    They were brainwashing you people BEFORE THE GAME !!! With this notion of a rematch.



    Last year there were talks about letting BAMA and Auburn duke it out again for a NC.... WTF???




    LOL, I can't believe you said this while I was typing out my last post.  So true.  
     
    flyguybry21
    flyguybry21
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 9255
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2014 - 7:25 PM ET #103

      Nd. goes bye bye,weak schedule,there hopes end in a blow-out(per j,Winston playing!!!!!!  Think UNC almost beat them,haha,thanks
    Reply
      Nd. goes bye bye,weak schedule,there hopes end in a blow-out(per j,Winston playing!!!!!!  Think UNC almost beat them,haha,thanks
     
    ATSDominance
    ATSDominance
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2014
    Posts: 122
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2014 - 8:19 PM ET #104

    Quote Originally Posted by LORDCAPPER14:

    boom clown will be placed on that short yellow bus tomm. with his helmet strapped on tight and his dukes of hazzard lunch box in hand....he will repeat this process through fri....than sat he will be placed in a round room and told to find the corners which will keep him busy until sun morning where he is allowed to post his top 10 things HE learned again and again for last 7 weeks....come monday its back on the bus as i stated above but only diff. is he forgot what he learned in his 10 things so thats why he repeats it each and every fckn week



    LADIES AND GENTLEMAN,AND THE REST OF BOOM CLOWNS PUPPETS.....I WILL GUARANTEE ONCE AGAIN BOOM CLOWN'S TOP 10 NEXT WEEK WILL INCLUDE FLA,ALA,AND THE 2 MISS TEAMS....i guess him posting it every week is learning for him....he is SPECIAL






    Please stop clogging this thread with your useless crying. I come to Boom's thread for his insightful information and weekly takes on the games.

    I don't post often but I believe I speak for many when I say this.

    Thanks and have a great day!!

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by LORDCAPPER14:

    boom clown will be placed on that short yellow bus tomm. with his helmet strapped on tight and his dukes of hazzard lunch box in hand....he will repeat this process through fri....than sat he will be placed in a round room and told to find the corners which will keep him busy until sun morning where he is allowed to post his top 10 things HE learned again and again for last 7 weeks....come monday its back on the bus as i stated above but only diff. is he forgot what he learned in his 10 things so thats why he repeats it each and every fckn week



    LADIES AND GENTLEMAN,AND THE REST OF BOOM CLOWNS PUPPETS.....I WILL GUARANTEE ONCE AGAIN BOOM CLOWN'S TOP 10 NEXT WEEK WILL INCLUDE FLA,ALA,AND THE 2 MISS TEAMS....i guess him posting it every week is learning for him....he is SPECIAL






    Please stop clogging this thread with your useless crying. I come to Boom's thread for his insightful information and weekly takes on the games.

    I don't post often but I believe I speak for many when I say this.

    Thanks and have a great day!!

     
    dumbfoundead
    dumbfoundead
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 718
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2014 - 11:08 PM ET #105

    i want to go big on michigan state.  how big is it a play for you?   i know indiana has a freshman qb starting this weekend because their starter is out.   
    Reply
    i want to go big on michigan state.  how big is it a play for you?   i know indiana has a freshman qb starting this weekend because their starter is out.   
     
    warcameagle56
    warcameagle56
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 5418
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2014 - 11:48 PM ET #106

    Quote Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

    In short, just too much conference pride/Homerism....whatever. Who cares??

    I have a buddy ( South Carolina grad ) and he complains about this. He says, this is the most embarrassing thing in his mind. He says, why should I pull for Georgia? Why Should I pull for Arkansas, Alabama or LSU? It does nothing for me and MY team in the end. Actually it prevents us from going places where we want to go.

    ^^^Well put^^^ 


    I know us, Clemson grads/fans/whatever...Hate FSU and Georgia Tech for ALL the right reasons. Why? They are rivals to us. We take pride in beating them....and watching them lose games at times they shouldn't......it gives us something to rag them on.



    I have made the statement and I stand by it..... Today's college football fan is misguided and uniformed. 10 Years ago there was NO talk about this conference pride nonsense. It makes the fans look silly and it has hurt the overall integrity of the sport. At no time should I ever pull for Georgia tech in any thing.....Why? That's why it makes the sport great. The Real rivalries and traditions...

    When Texas A&M left the Big 12 it was bad for college football in general. It hurt a national rivalry. It hurt the GAME!

    When I look around at the typical fan now, it's IMO a fan who is all the things I said ( misguided and uninformed )..... I remember in the 90's when FSU was just destroying teams. WE/US Clemson, were sitting at the TV begging for them to go down. I remember when Virginia finally beat them on that Thursday night when Warrick Dunn fell just short of the goal line. It was great for college football.

    Football was different 20 years ago from the Fan/Grad stand point. The greatest team ever IMO ( 95 Nebraska ) was beating down Florida in the NC game and I know for a fact that fans of Georgia, S.C and LSU were loving every minute of it. No Conference pride, just college football at it's purist.


    THE worst thing that has happened to this sport is ESPN...                                              Thought it was funny how Fat Trevor BYU alum said " That just 4 out of 5 conference Champions should go to playoffs.. Agree,with the conference pride.Its really a juvenile argument.I don't think I've ever seen a season where there are so many good teams literally without a GREAT team.Maybe its too early to tell.Its wasted energy to say if team A could beat team B especially if they aren't playing..I'm surprised how much respect Auburn is getting.I guess they saw the same game I saw.If that was the 1st and 6th best team.in the country...well,never mind.Still don't think State is that could.I'm taking weekend of betting...just burnt and sick of it.I'm sure I will change my mind by Friday afternoon..





    Im in rare form tonight boys.....fire away if you have any questions


     
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

    In short, just too much conference pride/Homerism....whatever. Who cares??

    I have a buddy ( South Carolina grad ) and he complains about this. He says, this is the most embarrassing thing in his mind. He says, why should I pull for Georgia? Why Should I pull for Arkansas, Alabama or LSU? It does nothing for me and MY team in the end. Actually it prevents us from going places where we want to go.

    ^^^Well put^^^ 


    I know us, Clemson grads/fans/whatever...Hate FSU and Georgia Tech for ALL the right reasons. Why? They are rivals to us. We take pride in beating them....and watching them lose games at times they shouldn't......it gives us something to rag them on.



    I have made the statement and I stand by it..... Today's college football fan is misguided and uniformed. 10 Years ago there was NO talk about this conference pride nonsense. It makes the fans look silly and it has hurt the overall integrity of the sport. At no time should I ever pull for Georgia tech in any thing.....Why? That's why it makes the sport great. The Real rivalries and traditions...

    When Texas A&M left the Big 12 it was bad for college football in general. It hurt a national rivalry. It hurt the GAME!

    When I look around at the typical fan now, it's IMO a fan who is all the things I said ( misguided and uninformed )..... I remember in the 90's when FSU was just destroying teams. WE/US Clemson, were sitting at the TV begging for them to go down. I remember when Virginia finally beat them on that Thursday night when Warrick Dunn fell just short of the goal line. It was great for college football.

    Football was different 20 years ago from the Fan/Grad stand point. The greatest team ever IMO ( 95 Nebraska ) was beating down Florida in the NC game and I know for a fact that fans of Georgia, S.C and LSU were loving every minute of it. No Conference pride, just college football at it's purist.


    THE worst thing that has happened to this sport is ESPN...                                              Thought it was funny how Fat Trevor BYU alum said " That just 4 out of 5 conference Champions should go to playoffs.. Agree,with the conference pride.Its really a juvenile argument.I don't think I've ever seen a season where there are so many good teams literally without a GREAT team.Maybe its too early to tell.Its wasted energy to say if team A could beat team B especially if they aren't playing..I'm surprised how much respect Auburn is getting.I guess they saw the same game I saw.If that was the 1st and 6th best team.in the country...well,never mind.Still don't think State is that could.I'm taking weekend of betting...just burnt and sick of it.I'm sure I will change my mind by Friday afternoon..





    Im in rare form tonight boys.....fire away if you have any questions


     
     
    warcameagle56
    warcameagle56
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 5418
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2014 - 11:50 PM ET #107

    I know I don't spell that bad Mods..Come on Man!
    Reply
    I know I don't spell that bad Mods..Come on Man!
     
    warcameagle56
    warcameagle56
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 5418
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2014 - 11:53 PM ET #108

    There are some great folks on ESPN ,but u have to pick and chose.Like Sehorn and Galloway as dudes,but just give me something I don't already know....and How Bout them Cowboys!
    Reply
    There are some great folks on ESPN ,but u have to pick and chose.Like Sehorn and Galloway as dudes,but just give me something I don't already know....and How Bout them Cowboys!
     
    legend41
    legend41
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2014
    Posts: 466
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2014 - 12:00 AM ET #109

    Fk the cowboys!
    Reply
    Fk the cowboys!
     
    warcameagle56
    warcameagle56
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 5418
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2014 - 12:03 AM ET #110

    Quote Originally Posted by OGHowie282:


    LOL, I can't believe you said this while I was typing out my last post.  So true.  
    ..                                             ...Love Boom reads ,but this is where we totally disagree..Bama vs LSU was the only option.Why would I want to see LSU maul Okla St which would have had no chance...Even though the game was a snoozer the build up was incredible at least in these neck of the woods.What a great LSU team that was who aside from Bama literally crushed everyone.Les thought he could run the same smash mouth game while Bama attacked Honey Badger..Looking back I guess Okla St would have scored...but the goal is to put or was to put the 2 best teams on the field and in a panel I just don't see how u have ANY argument that OklaSt or Stanford deserved to be there.We don't have to worry about that.Oh ,u can bet if they do have 2/SEC teams u can bet they will find a way to match them up in Semis..I don't care what the contract says they will expand the playoffs because in the end its all about the mighty 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by OGHowie282:


    LOL, I can't believe you said this while I was typing out my last post.  So true.  
    ..                                             ...Love Boom reads ,but this is where we totally disagree..Bama vs LSU was the only option.Why would I want to see LSU maul Okla St which would have had no chance...Even though the game was a snoozer the build up was incredible at least in these neck of the woods.What a great LSU team that was who aside from Bama literally crushed everyone.Les thought he could run the same smash mouth game while Bama attacked Honey Badger..Looking back I guess Okla St would have scored...but the goal is to put or was to put the 2 best teams on the field and in a panel I just don't see how u have ANY argument that OklaSt or Stanford deserved to be there.We don't have to worry about that.Oh ,u can bet if they do have 2/SEC teams u can bet they will find a way to match them up in Semis..I don't care what the contract says they will expand the playoffs because in the end its all about the mighty 
     
    lmb4321
    lmb4321
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2014
    Posts: 12512
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2014 - 1:01 AM ET #111

    Boom,.......... just a thought but I would like to see a Pac 12 team in the playoff but I don't see any team besides maybe Oregon making it through the conference with 1 loss...If Oregon can beat Stanford and that's a big if especially with their history......maybe they make it but that's it....UCLA had their chance and failed miserably....and if Oregon loses to Stanford.....they are out....appreciate your thoughts....

    Reply

    Boom,.......... just a thought but I would like to see a Pac 12 team in the playoff but I don't see any team besides maybe Oregon making it through the conference with 1 loss...If Oregon can beat Stanford and that's a big if especially with their history......maybe they make it but that's it....UCLA had their chance and failed miserably....and if Oregon loses to Stanford.....they are out....appreciate your thoughts....

     
    OGHowie282
    OGHowie282
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2005
    Posts: 1067
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2014 - 2:10 PM ET #112

    Quote Originally Posted by warcameagle56:

    ..                                             ...Love Boom reads ,but this is where we totally disagree..Bama vs LSU was the only option.Why would I want to see LSU maul Okla St which would have had no chance...Even though the game was a snoozer the build up was incredible at least in these neck of the woods.What a great LSU team that was who aside from Bama literally crushed everyone.Les thought he could run the same smash mouth game while Bama attacked Honey Badger..Looking back I guess Okla St would have scored...but the goal is to put or was to put the 2 best teams on the field and in a panel I just don't see how u have ANY argument that OklaSt or Stanford deserved to be there.We don't have to worry about that.Oh ,u can bet if they do have 2/SEC teams u can bet they will find a way to match them up in Semis..I don't care what the contract says they will expand the playoffs because in the end its all about the mighty 

    I would hate to see the playoff expand any more than four.  Never have we finished the season wondering if the 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th team in the BCS was actually the best team in the nation.  The large majority of the time, the BCS got it right.  Hopefully, this all plays itself out and people can mostly agree on the top 4 teams, but the way ESPN is pushing their SEC Network agenda, it's tough to believe other schools will get their fair shot.  I wish we moved to a 4 team playoff and kept the BCS system.

    Paul Finebaum is calling for an indefinite suspension of Winston today and it's all they are talking about.  How can you call a man guilty based on rumors?  Even if he was guilty, Manziel got 0.5 a game and I don't remember the outcry of the SEC homers then.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by warcameagle56:

    ..                                             ...Love Boom reads ,but this is where we totally disagree..Bama vs LSU was the only option.Why would I want to see LSU maul Okla St which would have had no chance...Even though the game was a snoozer the build up was incredible at least in these neck of the woods.What a great LSU team that was who aside from Bama literally crushed everyone.Les thought he could run the same smash mouth game while Bama attacked Honey Badger..Looking back I guess Okla St would have scored...but the goal is to put or was to put the 2 best teams on the field and in a panel I just don't see how u have ANY argument that OklaSt or Stanford deserved to be there.We don't have to worry about that.Oh ,u can bet if they do have 2/SEC teams u can bet they will find a way to match them up in Semis..I don't care what the contract says they will expand the playoffs because in the end its all about the mighty 

    I would hate to see the playoff expand any more than four.  Never have we finished the season wondering if the 5th, 6th, 7th or 8th team in the BCS was actually the best team in the nation.  The large majority of the time, the BCS got it right.  Hopefully, this all plays itself out and people can mostly agree on the top 4 teams, but the way ESPN is pushing their SEC Network agenda, it's tough to believe other schools will get their fair shot.  I wish we moved to a 4 team playoff and kept the BCS system.

    Paul Finebaum is calling for an indefinite suspension of Winston today and it's all they are talking about.  How can you call a man guilty based on rumors?  Even if he was guilty, Manziel got 0.5 a game and I don't remember the outcry of the SEC homers then.
     
    Sabanade
    Sabanade
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2010
    Posts: 1962
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2014 - 2:27 PM ET #113

    ESPIN is a joke. It's one thing for Finebaum to be on the SECN, fine, but when he is a guest on a regular ESPN show as an "unbiased" analyst, that is a red flag. The guy's recent book is entitled, "My Conference Can Beat Your Conference. Why the SEC Still Rules College Football." Having his opinion on ANYTHING outside the SEC is ludicrous. And still, people believe he is unbiased.

    Reply

    ESPIN is a joke. It's one thing for Finebaum to be on the SECN, fine, but when he is a guest on a regular ESPN show as an "unbiased" analyst, that is a red flag. The guy's recent book is entitled, "My Conference Can Beat Your Conference. Why the SEC Still Rules College Football." Having his opinion on ANYTHING outside the SEC is ludicrous. And still, people believe he is unbiased.

     
    snake2710
    snake2710
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2010
    Posts: 15753
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2014 - 3:35 PM ET #114

    BOL this weekend bud, love your work
    Reply
    BOL this weekend bud, love your work
     
    yomh1964
    yomh1964
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2012
    Posts: 1994
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2014 - 4:36 PM ET #115

    6. I use to always pull for Vandy. But ever since that behind-s Mason showed up I have actually enjoyed watching these clowns lose. Did you seriously only beat Charleston Southern 21-20? The team I called for to shut the program down ( UMASS ) is on o par with you. You know how I know that? Cause it took a missed FG for them to lose to you. Vandy don't worry...well, maybe you should worry, you're Vandy

    come on boum,transition this year for vandy,  what about  nc state  can not beat nobody also !!!!!,and bama is  4 to 6 ,problem is  pass defense,agree  with

    pick  post 28,bol this week

    Reply

    6. I use to always pull for Vandy. But ever since that behind-s Mason showed up I have actually enjoyed watching these clowns lose. Did you seriously only beat Charleston Southern 21-20? The team I called for to shut the program down ( UMASS ) is on o par with you. You know how I know that? Cause it took a missed FG for them to lose to you. Vandy don't worry...well, maybe you should worry, you're Vandy

    come on boum,transition this year for vandy,  what about  nc state  can not beat nobody also !!!!!,and bama is  4 to 6 ,problem is  pass defense,agree  with

    pick  post 28,bol this week

     
    PerfectStorm
    PerfectStorm
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2014
    Posts: 6902
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2014 - 5:18 PM ET #116

    Quote Originally Posted by jwheels86:

    If driskel ever plays again then the staff has been hired to ruin our program on purpose

    I think TIM TEBOW is the quarterback coach for FLA :)
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jwheels86:

    If driskel ever plays again then the staff has been hired to ruin our program on purpose

    I think TIM TEBOW is the quarterback coach for FLA :)
     
    Boom_Boom
    Boom_Boom
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2008
    Posts: 17342
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2014 - 6:09 PM ET #117

    adding:

    Florida Atlantic   +6.5

    Temple / Houston  Over 49



    Reply
    adding:

    Florida Atlantic   +6.5

    Temple / Houston  Over 49



     
    Boom_Boom
    Boom_Boom
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2008
    Posts: 17342
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2014 - 6:09 PM ET #118

    so far:

    Kansas st   +9.5

    Clemson  -7

    West Virginia   +9.5


    Michigan st   -14

    Northwestern  +7

    Florida Atlantic   +6.5

    Temple / Houston  Over 49




    Reply
    so far:

    Kansas st   +9.5

    Clemson  -7

    West Virginia   +9.5


    Michigan st   -14

    Northwestern  +7

    Florida Atlantic   +6.5

    Temple / Houston  Over 49




     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55703
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2014 - 6:11 PM ET #119

    Reply
     
    CarterSECpicks
    CarterSECpicks
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 2438
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2014 - 6:16 PM ET #120

    good luck this week Boom
    Reply
    good luck this week Boom
     
    blowoutgm
    blowoutgm
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2011
    Posts: 6209
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2014 - 7:37 PM ET #121

    Boom- 

    I like most of your picks. I am curious of why you think Northwestern covers? I will be big on Nebraska as I think they expose the Northwestern run defense. 

    I hear you on the SEC bias and how you bash on the SEC homers but I have made comments before and never seen you answer them. I would love to see Miss. St. or Ole Miss make it to the National Championship game. I always root for the SEC teams to do well in the bowl games strictly because of recruiting. Do you not think it helps recruits when they see the SEC do well in bowl games year after year? I hate Alabama and never root for them but the rest of the teams in the SEC could do well and I wouldn't have a problem with it. If you don't think that helps recruiting then you are just mistaken. I could give a rats azz about bragging rights but if it is easier to sell recruits on your team by telling them how good the SEC is then why would you have a problem with it? (unless of course the team you root for plays in another conference)

    As far as ESPN and media bias with the SEC- don't you think if the ACC, PAC 12 or anyone else won 6 NC's in a row that the media wouldn't be all over their nutsack? It's nothing more than the flavor of the month and sooner or later it will be some other conference getting all the love and bias from the media and bandwagon fans.

    Hopefully Clemson covers this week. I don't see how they don't but I don't know much about their back up QB. Good luck this week.

    Reply
    Boom- 

    I like most of your picks. I am curious of why you think Northwestern covers? I will be big on Nebraska as I think they expose the Northwestern run defense. 

    I hear you on the SEC bias and how you bash on the SEC homers but I have made comments before and never seen you answer them. I would love to see Miss. St. or Ole Miss make it to the National Championship game. I always root for the SEC teams to do well in the bowl games strictly because of recruiting. Do you not think it helps recruits when they see the SEC do well in bowl games year after year? I hate Alabama and never root for them but the rest of the teams in the SEC could do well and I wouldn't have a problem with it. If you don't think that helps recruiting then you are just mistaken. I could give a rats azz about bragging rights but if it is easier to sell recruits on your team by telling them how good the SEC is then why would you have a problem with it? (unless of course the team you root for plays in another conference)

    As far as ESPN and media bias with the SEC- don't you think if the ACC, PAC 12 or anyone else won 6 NC's in a row that the media wouldn't be all over their nutsack? It's nothing more than the flavor of the month and sooner or later it will be some other conference getting all the love and bias from the media and bandwagon fans.

    Hopefully Clemson covers this week. I don't see how they don't but I don't know much about their back up QB. Good luck this week.

     
    FlexIt4U
    FlexIt4U
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 47
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2014 - 9:22 PM ET #122

    Boom,  like the Mich St and Clemson picks.  I have some leans I would like your input on.

    Temple +8 Houston  
    Cal +7 UCLA
    Washington +20 Ducks
    San Diego St -7 Hawaii
    Reply
    Boom,  like the Mich St and Clemson picks.  I have some leans I would like your input on.

    Temple +8 Houston  
    Cal +7 UCLA
    Washington +20 Ducks
    San Diego St -7 Hawaii
     
    dytide
    dytide
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 3329
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2014 - 9:50 PM ET #123

    I think it's safe to say Brian Kelly will always have good teams at Notre Dame.

    Maybe not championship quality but really good competitive teams.
    Reply
    I think it's safe to say Brian Kelly will always have good teams at Notre Dame.

    Maybe not championship quality but really good competitive teams.
     
    TopHog
    TopHog
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2011
    Posts: 2667
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2014 - 10:23 PM ET #124

    Quote Originally Posted by warcameagle56:

    Meant Arkansas would beat every team in the ACC but FSU....they have a good team not that I'm taking up for turds.


    That's a fact and Arkansas can't win a single SEC game
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by warcameagle56:

    Meant Arkansas would beat every team in the ACC but FSU....they have a good team not that I'm taking up for turds.


    That's a fact and Arkansas can't win a single SEC game
     
     
    Shark_Attack
    Shark_Attack
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2014
    Posts: 1587
    Posted: Oct. 15, 2014 - 10:50 PM ET #125

    Quote Originally Posted by Sabanade:

    Like that #1 ranked Auburn? Shouldn't you be apologizing for being the dumbazz who cost people (if anyone actually listened to you) money last weekend? Get lost.


    How did I cost people money?  I posted my plays last week and went 5-2... 

    Auburn lost on the road to the current #1 team in the country... and that game doesn't have ANYTHING to do with Florida St or what will happen to them if they make it to a playoff...

    Stop putting the cart before the horse and let the season play out... you can celebrate mid-season all you want, but it means nothing!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabanade:

    Like that #1 ranked Auburn? Shouldn't you be apologizing for being the dumbazz who cost people (if anyone actually listened to you) money last weekend? Get lost.


    How did I cost people money?  I posted my plays last week and went 5-2... 

    Auburn lost on the road to the current #1 team in the country... and that game doesn't have ANYTHING to do with Florida St or what will happen to them if they make it to a playoff...

    Stop putting the cart before the horse and let the season play out... you can celebrate mid-season all you want, but it means nothing!
    All Forums | College Football
    «First Previous 123 ... 567 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,224
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 268,974
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,698
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,399
    • Saturday 10/03/2026 689
    • MLB Playoffs 5,169
    • **$$$ MD Saturday 10/3 $$$** 7,094
    • Trump's legacy? 33,921
    • **$$$ MD Friday 10/2 $$$** 10,286
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,979

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.