• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | College Football

    *** Week 8 NCAA Football ***

    123 ... 567 Next Last»
    Boom_Boom
    jpurdy2
    gatorbear
    Greedybastard
    LORDCAPPER14
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 35288
    Posts: 166
    123 ... 567 Next Last»
     
    Boom_Boom
    Boom_Boom
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2008
    Posts: 17342
    Posted: Oct. 12, 2014 - 10:16 AM ET #1

    YTD

    50 - 30  62.5%




    Terrible week for me. But if you do this long enough you know you're just within a tipped pass or a injury away from a good or bad week. Either way, let's get going!




                                                Ten Things We Learned


    1. What is it with Alabama? I know a lot of you, including myself, seem to think that every 50/50 call on the field goes their way. I don't believe in fixed games but I do think teams get favorable calls because of who they are. Im sorry, unless you're a bama fan it's easy for the rest of the country to see it. If watch Alabama play you can't help but to see that it seems shady at times. And of course the Alabama rule comes into effect after every week. How many people want to guess who will be the highest rated 1 loss team in the country again? No to mention by all rights they should have lost to a team who hasn't won a dam-n conference game in what seems like 3 years. The headlines read  " Bama finds a way "....if another team went to the wire with a team like Arkansas it would read " so and so is overrated ".

    2. MY goodness, Jeff Driskel. What else do I need to say? I'm serious! I actually feel bad for the kid now. I have been apart of this game for a long time, im not sure I've ever seen a starting QB at a major D1 school that is this bad. This guy is worse IMO then the Ryan leaf bust with the Chargers. If I'm a Florida fan, I think this is a blessing in disguise. Muschamp is about gone, and IMO, will never get a head coaching level position other then maybe a mid level program ever again. He is exactly what I told you guys he was several years ago, a coordinator, nothing more. RIP Florida.

    3. G.T is the team I really hate in the ACC. There isn't another team that will piss you off more then these guys. Once you think they turned the corner, they lose to Duke. I know Duke has been much better in recent years, but still, the un written rule book still states not to lose to Duke @ home. I have been a guy who has respected Paul Johnson, but Im starting to turn the other way with him. This team is full of a bunch of 1 star guys who can't play. It's the scheme that keeps them in games. I knew betting them was a bad idea too, but once again, I feel for it.

    4. Watching Deshaun Watson get hurt yesterday was heartbreaking. This kid is nothing short of amazing. Inside word here is 4 to 5 weeks. But then again, who really knows. I know the game itself yesterday was a defensive slug-fest. Louisville is a good team led by a super smart coach. I think Louisville is a team that will get better as the year moves along. Cole is a serviceable QB, but not a great QB. Most don't know he was hurt. When he came into the game he was dealing with a shoulder injury, so watching him play poor was no surprise. That was a defensive stand on the goal line there at the end that makes a team stronger. With that being said, Clemson takes a huge step back with Watson out.

    5. The Mississippi schools are legit. I was on the fence for a while, but I think both a serious contenders for a NC. But i Im picking one, I'm taking state. I think Dak is just better then Bo. I know people in here will get upset when you talk about Bo, but the overwhelming believe is at some point Bo will screw this thing up. If I'm comparing the 2 I think Dak is a bigger better throwing Tebow....and Bo is better decision making Driskel. Ole miss will lose at least 2 games for this thing is over, as for state....they could go all the way.

    6. I use to always pull for Vandy. But ever since that ass-s Mason showed up I have actually enjoyed watching these clowns lose. Did you seriously only beat Charleston Southern 21-20? The team I called for to shut the program down ( UMASS ) is on o par with you. You know how I know that? Cause it took a missed FG for them to lose to you. Vandy don't worry...well, maybe you should worry, you're Vandy.

    7. I think we can officially take UCLA out of the top 25 and out of the debate of them making the final 4. If there is another bigger bust then UCLA this season, I need to see it. I for one was big on UCLA this year. I knew they had some OL issues but was confident in saying they would get it fixed with Mora leading them. Hudley cost himself so dough by coming back. This team is about the 5-8th best team in the PAC12 and that's not saying a lot. The PAC12 has really disappointed me this year.

    8. I think it's about time we start talking final 4. Or is it? We are half way through the season and it's still hard to say who the 4 best are. I will from this point on list my top 10 teams and highlight my final 4 each week. Every week is subject to change. If you think we all have a idea of who will make the playoff you are crazy, this madness has just begun.

    9. The one thing I have really become intrigued with this season is the Polls. I really think that more then ever the pollsters have no clue. Biggest example ( sorry train ) is Missouri. I'm sorry, they are not good at all and to be honest with you we all know why they were even ranked in the top 25, SEC. This team had zero and I mean zero business being anywhere near that top 25, but yet again, as I say often, perception is reality...and perception will more times than not hold more water then reality. Look, how many teams from any other conference in America would have been ranked with a loss to Indiana @ home on there resume. You can pretend it's not there, or you can wake up and listen to what I'm telling you.

    10. Like I said earlier, we're at the half way point. So where do you stand? This game is a difficult game to figure out at times and if you think it's going to get any easier you are sadly mistaken. I read some post here where people are literally getting desperate. The question is why? Why, if you are struggling that bad just walk away. The best advice one can receive at times is walk away and understand you have to cut your losses. The best attribute a gambler can have is not winning, it's knowing when to walk away. So in short, get ready, the madness has just begun....The Best is Yet To Come.



    Picks later........    






    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    YTD

    50 - 30  62.5%




    Terrible week for me. But if you do this long enough you know you're just within a tipped pass or a injury away from a good or bad week. Either way, let's get going!




                                                Ten Things We Learned


    1. What is it with Alabama? I know a lot of you, including myself, seem to think that every 50/50 call on the field goes their way. I don't believe in fixed games but I do think teams get favorable calls because of who they are. Im sorry, unless you're a bama fan it's easy for the rest of the country to see it. If watch Alabama play you can't help but to see that it seems shady at times. And of course the Alabama rule comes into effect after every week. How many people want to guess who will be the highest rated 1 loss team in the country again? No to mention by all rights they should have lost to a team who hasn't won a dam-n conference game in what seems like 3 years. The headlines read  " Bama finds a way "....if another team went to the wire with a team like Arkansas it would read " so and so is overrated ".

    2. MY goodness, Jeff Driskel. What else do I need to say? I'm serious! I actually feel bad for the kid now. I have been apart of this game for a long time, im not sure I've ever seen a starting QB at a major D1 school that is this bad. This guy is worse IMO then the Ryan leaf bust with the Chargers. If I'm a Florida fan, I think this is a blessing in disguise. Muschamp is about gone, and IMO, will never get a head coaching level position other then maybe a mid level program ever again. He is exactly what I told you guys he was several years ago, a coordinator, nothing more. RIP Florida.

    3. G.T is the team I really hate in the ACC. There isn't another team that will piss you off more then these guys. Once you think they turned the corner, they lose to Duke. I know Duke has been much better in recent years, but still, the un written rule book still states not to lose to Duke @ home. I have been a guy who has respected Paul Johnson, but Im starting to turn the other way with him. This team is full of a bunch of 1 star guys who can't play. It's the scheme that keeps them in games. I knew betting them was a bad idea too, but once again, I feel for it.

    4. Watching Deshaun Watson get hurt yesterday was heartbreaking. This kid is nothing short of amazing. Inside word here is 4 to 5 weeks. But then again, who really knows. I know the game itself yesterday was a defensive slug-fest. Louisville is a good team led by a super smart coach. I think Louisville is a team that will get better as the year moves along. Cole is a serviceable QB, but not a great QB. Most don't know he was hurt. When he came into the game he was dealing with a shoulder injury, so watching him play poor was no surprise. That was a defensive stand on the goal line there at the end that makes a team stronger. With that being said, Clemson takes a huge step back with Watson out.

    5. The Mississippi schools are legit. I was on the fence for a while, but I think both a serious contenders for a NC. But i Im picking one, I'm taking state. I think Dak is just better then Bo. I know people in here will get upset when you talk about Bo, but the overwhelming believe is at some point Bo will screw this thing up. If I'm comparing the 2 I think Dak is a bigger better throwing Tebow....and Bo is better decision making Driskel. Ole miss will lose at least 2 games for this thing is over, as for state....they could go all the way.

    6. I use to always pull for Vandy. But ever since that ass-s Mason showed up I have actually enjoyed watching these clowns lose. Did you seriously only beat Charleston Southern 21-20? The team I called for to shut the program down ( UMASS ) is on o par with you. You know how I know that? Cause it took a missed FG for them to lose to you. Vandy don't worry...well, maybe you should worry, you're Vandy.

    7. I think we can officially take UCLA out of the top 25 and out of the debate of them making the final 4. If there is another bigger bust then UCLA this season, I need to see it. I for one was big on UCLA this year. I knew they had some OL issues but was confident in saying they would get it fixed with Mora leading them. Hudley cost himself so dough by coming back. This team is about the 5-8th best team in the PAC12 and that's not saying a lot. The PAC12 has really disappointed me this year.

    8. I think it's about time we start talking final 4. Or is it? We are half way through the season and it's still hard to say who the 4 best are. I will from this point on list my top 10 teams and highlight my final 4 each week. Every week is subject to change. If you think we all have a idea of who will make the playoff you are crazy, this madness has just begun.

    9. The one thing I have really become intrigued with this season is the Polls. I really think that more then ever the pollsters have no clue. Biggest example ( sorry train ) is Missouri. I'm sorry, they are not good at all and to be honest with you we all know why they were even ranked in the top 25, SEC. This team had zero and I mean zero business being anywhere near that top 25, but yet again, as I say often, perception is reality...and perception will more times than not hold more water then reality. Look, how many teams from any other conference in America would have been ranked with a loss to Indiana @ home on there resume. You can pretend it's not there, or you can wake up and listen to what I'm telling you.

    10. Like I said earlier, we're at the half way point. So where do you stand? This game is a difficult game to figure out at times and if you think it's going to get any easier you are sadly mistaken. I read some post here where people are literally getting desperate. The question is why? Why, if you are struggling that bad just walk away. The best advice one can receive at times is walk away and understand you have to cut your losses. The best attribute a gambler can have is not winning, it's knowing when to walk away. So in short, get ready, the madness has just begun....The Best is Yet To Come.



    Picks later........    






     
    Boom_Boom
    Boom_Boom
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2008
    Posts: 17342
    Posted: Oct. 12, 2014 - 10:22 AM ET #2

    MY Top 10


    1. FSU  ( Until the champ goes down, they have to be here )
    2. Miss st
    3. Ole Miss
    4. Baylor
    5. N.D
    6. Auburn
    7. Michigan st
    8. Oklahoma
    9. Oregon
    10. Alabama / Georgia




    Reply
    MY Top 10


    1. FSU  ( Until the champ goes down, they have to be here )
    2. Miss st
    3. Ole Miss
    4. Baylor
    5. N.D
    6. Auburn
    7. Michigan st
    8. Oklahoma
    9. Oregon
    10. Alabama / Georgia




     
    jpurdy2
    jpurdy2
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2013
    Posts: 473
    Posted: Oct. 12, 2014 - 11:12 AM ET #3

    Man I learned some lesson's this weekend.  I've been capping games since I've been 12 years old, I'm 23 now, and I had a moment of clarity this weekend lol.  Teams that play a sub-par team on the road or at home, with a potential huge game next week, have a tough time covering the spread.  Example, UNC was +17 and lost by only a TD, I didn't play ND but I now see why UNC was a solid pick.  Another example that burned me, Fresno, absolutely sh*t the bed on the road Friday night against UNLV.  

    Lesson 2.  I should have learned this lesson last year when I took Utah State over BYU, just because of Chuckie Keeton.  What happens? He breaks his leg and Utah State gets crushed.  This weekend, I took Clemson solely because of Watson, the kid has been playing out of his mind, and L'Ville hasn't been battled tested IMO like Clemson has.  Anyway, Watson gets hurt and Clemson doesnt cover, btw WTF was Stoudt thinking before halftime??? He had the TE cooking hot dogs in the endzone and didn't throw it? 
    Moral of the story? Just because a team has an absolute stud doesn't mean he'll play out of his mind every week and cover the spread.

    Lesson 3.  Teasers are pretty much sucker bets for inexperienced cappers to make them think they have an edge with an extra 7, 10, or however many pts.  I learned this lesson last year and stopped, however I have a few buddies that love teasing games and they barely break even.  

    BOL this upcoming weekend Boom and everyone else 
    Reply
    Man I learned some lesson's this weekend.  I've been capping games since I've been 12 years old, I'm 23 now, and I had a moment of clarity this weekend lol.  Teams that play a sub-par team on the road or at home, with a potential huge game next week, have a tough time covering the spread.  Example, UNC was +17 and lost by only a TD, I didn't play ND but I now see why UNC was a solid pick.  Another example that burned me, Fresno, absolutely sh*t the bed on the road Friday night against UNLV.  

    Lesson 2.  I should have learned this lesson last year when I took Utah State over BYU, just because of Chuckie Keeton.  What happens? He breaks his leg and Utah State gets crushed.  This weekend, I took Clemson solely because of Watson, the kid has been playing out of his mind, and L'Ville hasn't been battled tested IMO like Clemson has.  Anyway, Watson gets hurt and Clemson doesnt cover, btw WTF was Stoudt thinking before halftime??? He had the TE cooking hot dogs in the endzone and didn't throw it? 
    Moral of the story? Just because a team has an absolute stud doesn't mean he'll play out of his mind every week and cover the spread.

    Lesson 3.  Teasers are pretty much sucker bets for inexperienced cappers to make them think they have an edge with an extra 7, 10, or however many pts.  I learned this lesson last year and stopped, however I have a few buddies that love teasing games and they barely break even.  

    BOL this upcoming weekend Boom and everyone else 
     
    gatorbear
    gatorbear
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 1273
    Posted: Oct. 12, 2014 - 11:39 AM ET #4

    Boom,

    We don't agree on many things, but I am officially off supporting Driskell. I was at the game last night with a bunch of frat bros & I am done with this piece of s**t. You have been correct all along and trust me, it hurts me to say that. You are having a great year. Keep it up.

    Any pro plays today. I know you normally don't indulge in that but just curious.


    Reply
    Boom,

    We don't agree on many things, but I am officially off supporting Driskell. I was at the game last night with a bunch of frat bros & I am done with this piece of s**t. You have been correct all along and trust me, it hurts me to say that. You are having a great year. Keep it up.

    Any pro plays today. I know you normally don't indulge in that but just curious.


     
    Greedybastard
    Greedybastard
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 3019
    Posted: Oct. 12, 2014 - 11:44 AM ET #5

    Good to see someone still thinks FSU is the one seed. After they demolish Notre Dame on Saturday, their ticket should be punched into the playoff. I don't see any team beating them on a neutral field (with Winston of course).
    Reply
    Good to see someone still thinks FSU is the one seed. After they demolish Notre Dame on Saturday, their ticket should be punched into the playoff. I don't see any team beating them on a neutral field (with Winston of course).
     
    LORDCAPPER14
    LORDCAPPER14
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 69
    Posted: Oct. 12, 2014 - 11:44 AM ET #6

    Quote Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

    YTD

    50 - 30  62.5%




    Terrible week for me. But if you do this long enough you know you're just within a tipped pass or a injury away from a good or bad week. Either way, let's get going!







                                                Ten Things We Learned


    1. What is it with Alabama? I know a lot of you, including myself, seem to think that every 50/50 call on the field goes their way. I don't believe in fixed games but I do think teams get favorable calls because of who they are. Im sorry, unless you're a bama fan it's easy for the rest of the country to see it. If watch Alabama play you can't help but to see that it seems shady at times. And of course the Alabama rule comes into effect after every week. How many people want to guess who will be the highest rated 1 loss team in the country again? No to mention by all rights they should have lost to a team who hasn't won a dam-n conference game in what seems like 3 years. The headlines read  " Bama finds a way "....if another team went to the wire with a team like Arkansas it would read " so and so is overrated ".

    2. MY goodness, Jeff Driskel. What else do I need to say? I'm serious! I actually feel bad for the kid now. I have been apart of this game for a long time, im not sure I've ever seen a starting QB at a major D1 school that is this bad. This guy is worse IMO then the Ryan leaf bust with the Chargers. If I'm a Florida fan, I think this is a blessing in disguise. Muschamp is about gone, and IMO, will never get a head coaching level position other then maybe a mid level program ever again. He is exactly what I told you guys he was several years ago, a coordinator, nothing more. RIP Florida.

    3. G.T is the team I really hate in the ACC. There isn't another team that will piss you off more then these guys. Once you think they turned the corner, they lose to Duke. I know Duke has been much better in recent years, but still, the un written rule book still states not to lose to Duke @ home. I have been a guy who has respected Paul Johnson, but Im starting to turn the other way with him. This team is full of a bunch of 1 star guys who can't play. It's the scheme that keeps them in games. I knew betting them was a bad idea too, but once again, I feel for it.

    4. Watching Deshaun Watson get hurt yesterday was heartbreaking. This kid is nothing short of amazing. Inside word here is 4 to 5 weeks. But then again, who really knows. I know the game itself yesterday was a defensive slug-fest. Louisville is a good team led by a super smart coach. I think Louisville is a team that will get better as the year moves along. Cole is a serviceable QB, but not a great QB. Most don't know he was hurt. When he came into the game he was dealing with a shoulder injury, so watching him play poor was no surprise. That was a defensive stand on the goal line there at the end that makes a team stronger. With that being said, Clemson takes a huge step back with Watson out.

    5. The Mississippi schools are legit. I was on the fence for a while, but I think both a serious contenders for a NC. But i Im picking one, I'm taking state. I think Dak is just better then Bo. I know people in here will get upset when you talk about Bo, but the overwhelming believe is at some point Bo will screw this thing up. If I'm comparing the 2 I think Dak is a bigger better throwing Tebow....and Bo is better decision making Driskel. Ole miss will lose at least 2 games for this thing is over, as for state....they could go all the way.

    6. I use to always pull for Vandy. But ever since that behind-s Mason showed up I have actually enjoyed watching these clowns lose. Did you seriously only beat Charleston Southern 21-20? The team I called for to shut the program down ( UMASS ) is on o par with you. You know how I know that? Cause it took a missed FG for them to lose to you. Vandy don't worry...well, maybe you should worry, you're Vandy.

    7. I think we can officially take UCLA out of the top 25 and out of the debate of them making the final 4. If there is another bigger bust then UCLA this season, I need to see it. I for one was big on UCLA this year. I knew they had some OL issues but was confident in saying they would get it fixed with Mora leading them. Hudley cost himself so dough by coming back. This team is about the 5-8th best team in the PAC12 and that's not saying a lot. The PAC12 has really disappointed me this year.

    8. I think it's about time we start talking final 4. Or is it? We are half way through the season and it's still hard to say who the 4 best are. I will from this point on list my top 10 teams and highlight my final 4 each week. Every week is subject to change. If you think we all have a idea of who will make the playoff you are crazy, this madness has just begun.

    9. The one thing I have really become intrigued with this season is the Polls. I really think that more then ever the pollsters have no clue. Biggest example ( sorry train ) is Missouri. I'm sorry, they are not good at all and to be honest with you we all know why they were even ranked in the top 25, SEC. This team had zero and I mean zero business being anywhere near that top 25, but yet again, as I say often, perception is reality...and perception will more times than not hold more water then reality. Look, how many teams from any other conference in America would have been ranked with a loss to Indiana @ home on there resume. You can pretend it's not there, or you can wake up and listen to what I'm telling you.

    10. Like I said earlier, we're at the half way point. So where do you stand? This game is a difficult game to figure out at times and if you think it's going to get any easier you are sadly mistaken. I read some post here where people are literally getting desperate. The question is why? Why, if you are struggling that bad just walk away. The best advice one can receive at times is walk away and understand you have to cut your losses. The best attribute a gambler can have is not winning, it's knowing when to walk away. So in short, get ready, the madness has just begun....The Best is Yet To Come.



    Picks later........    








    LMAO U ARE LIKE A  DOLL THAT U PULL THE STRING IN ITS BACK WITH THESE 10 THINGS WE LEARNED EVERY WEEK....YOU AND FLA AND ALABAMA WEEK IN A WEEK OUT IS SO PREDICTABLE SO IT AUTOMATICALLY KNOCKS IT DOWN TOP 8 THINGS EVERY WEEK....ACTUALLY 7 THINGS THIS WEEK CAUSE IF YOU ONLY LEARNED THE MISS. SCHOOLS ARE LEGIT THIS WEEK U ARE COMPLETELY CLUELESS LOL....EXCEPT FOR YOU WE ALREADY ALL KNEW OLE MISS AND MISS ST WERE LEGIT...YOU JUST LEARNED THAT THIS WEEK?LMAO




    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

    YTD

    50 - 30  62.5%




    Terrible week for me. But if you do this long enough you know you're just within a tipped pass or a injury away from a good or bad week. Either way, let's get going!







                                                Ten Things We Learned


    1. What is it with Alabama? I know a lot of you, including myself, seem to think that every 50/50 call on the field goes their way. I don't believe in fixed games but I do think teams get favorable calls because of who they are. Im sorry, unless you're a bama fan it's easy for the rest of the country to see it. If watch Alabama play you can't help but to see that it seems shady at times. And of course the Alabama rule comes into effect after every week. How many people want to guess who will be the highest rated 1 loss team in the country again? No to mention by all rights they should have lost to a team who hasn't won a dam-n conference game in what seems like 3 years. The headlines read  " Bama finds a way "....if another team went to the wire with a team like Arkansas it would read " so and so is overrated ".

    2. MY goodness, Jeff Driskel. What else do I need to say? I'm serious! I actually feel bad for the kid now. I have been apart of this game for a long time, im not sure I've ever seen a starting QB at a major D1 school that is this bad. This guy is worse IMO then the Ryan leaf bust with the Chargers. If I'm a Florida fan, I think this is a blessing in disguise. Muschamp is about gone, and IMO, will never get a head coaching level position other then maybe a mid level program ever again. He is exactly what I told you guys he was several years ago, a coordinator, nothing more. RIP Florida.

    3. G.T is the team I really hate in the ACC. There isn't another team that will piss you off more then these guys. Once you think they turned the corner, they lose to Duke. I know Duke has been much better in recent years, but still, the un written rule book still states not to lose to Duke @ home. I have been a guy who has respected Paul Johnson, but Im starting to turn the other way with him. This team is full of a bunch of 1 star guys who can't play. It's the scheme that keeps them in games. I knew betting them was a bad idea too, but once again, I feel for it.

    4. Watching Deshaun Watson get hurt yesterday was heartbreaking. This kid is nothing short of amazing. Inside word here is 4 to 5 weeks. But then again, who really knows. I know the game itself yesterday was a defensive slug-fest. Louisville is a good team led by a super smart coach. I think Louisville is a team that will get better as the year moves along. Cole is a serviceable QB, but not a great QB. Most don't know he was hurt. When he came into the game he was dealing with a shoulder injury, so watching him play poor was no surprise. That was a defensive stand on the goal line there at the end that makes a team stronger. With that being said, Clemson takes a huge step back with Watson out.

    5. The Mississippi schools are legit. I was on the fence for a while, but I think both a serious contenders for a NC. But i Im picking one, I'm taking state. I think Dak is just better then Bo. I know people in here will get upset when you talk about Bo, but the overwhelming believe is at some point Bo will screw this thing up. If I'm comparing the 2 I think Dak is a bigger better throwing Tebow....and Bo is better decision making Driskel. Ole miss will lose at least 2 games for this thing is over, as for state....they could go all the way.

    6. I use to always pull for Vandy. But ever since that behind-s Mason showed up I have actually enjoyed watching these clowns lose. Did you seriously only beat Charleston Southern 21-20? The team I called for to shut the program down ( UMASS ) is on o par with you. You know how I know that? Cause it took a missed FG for them to lose to you. Vandy don't worry...well, maybe you should worry, you're Vandy.

    7. I think we can officially take UCLA out of the top 25 and out of the debate of them making the final 4. If there is another bigger bust then UCLA this season, I need to see it. I for one was big on UCLA this year. I knew they had some OL issues but was confident in saying they would get it fixed with Mora leading them. Hudley cost himself so dough by coming back. This team is about the 5-8th best team in the PAC12 and that's not saying a lot. The PAC12 has really disappointed me this year.

    8. I think it's about time we start talking final 4. Or is it? We are half way through the season and it's still hard to say who the 4 best are. I will from this point on list my top 10 teams and highlight my final 4 each week. Every week is subject to change. If you think we all have a idea of who will make the playoff you are crazy, this madness has just begun.

    9. The one thing I have really become intrigued with this season is the Polls. I really think that more then ever the pollsters have no clue. Biggest example ( sorry train ) is Missouri. I'm sorry, they are not good at all and to be honest with you we all know why they were even ranked in the top 25, SEC. This team had zero and I mean zero business being anywhere near that top 25, but yet again, as I say often, perception is reality...and perception will more times than not hold more water then reality. Look, how many teams from any other conference in America would have been ranked with a loss to Indiana @ home on there resume. You can pretend it's not there, or you can wake up and listen to what I'm telling you.

    10. Like I said earlier, we're at the half way point. So where do you stand? This game is a difficult game to figure out at times and if you think it's going to get any easier you are sadly mistaken. I read some post here where people are literally getting desperate. The question is why? Why, if you are struggling that bad just walk away. The best advice one can receive at times is walk away and understand you have to cut your losses. The best attribute a gambler can have is not winning, it's knowing when to walk away. So in short, get ready, the madness has just begun....The Best is Yet To Come.



    Picks later........    








    LMAO U ARE LIKE A  DOLL THAT U PULL THE STRING IN ITS BACK WITH THESE 10 THINGS WE LEARNED EVERY WEEK....YOU AND FLA AND ALABAMA WEEK IN A WEEK OUT IS SO PREDICTABLE SO IT AUTOMATICALLY KNOCKS IT DOWN TOP 8 THINGS EVERY WEEK....ACTUALLY 7 THINGS THIS WEEK CAUSE IF YOU ONLY LEARNED THE MISS. SCHOOLS ARE LEGIT THIS WEEK U ARE COMPLETELY CLUELESS LOL....EXCEPT FOR YOU WE ALREADY ALL KNEW OLE MISS AND MISS ST WERE LEGIT...YOU JUST LEARNED THAT THIS WEEK?LMAO




     
    LORDCAPPER14
    LORDCAPPER14
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 69
    Posted: Oct. 12, 2014 - 11:44 AM ET #7


    whats even funnier is just how predictable boom clowns 10 things HE learned really is......check out my forum from late last night "ole miss...real deal" ....you will see  i knew 3 of boom clowns 10 things HE learned and could not resist posting would be on miss schools,ala,and always fla......and whats he do right on cue like a puppet?...he puts those 3 things in his top 10 things HE learned......let me try one more time on this jokers own forum....earth to boom most of us that have a brain that actually retains information already knew the miss. schools are the real deal,unfortunately u just learned that this week hahaha


    also earth to boom we already know you hate fla and ala so they obviously not a top 10 thing we learned this week.....i mean could u possibly have a 10 without these 3?....no because that require is brain to think a little bit..........anyway bottom line is I did not learn anything from his 10 things this week other than its soo PREDICTABLE


    in closing BOOM clown will eventually learn 1 day (probably after the nov 29th game cause he is not the sharpest at learning things) that ole miss is better than miss st!!...def. wins games ladies!
    Reply

    whats even funnier is just how predictable boom clowns 10 things HE learned really is......check out my forum from late last night "ole miss...real deal" ....you will see  i knew 3 of boom clowns 10 things HE learned and could not resist posting would be on miss schools,ala,and always fla......and whats he do right on cue like a puppet?...he puts those 3 things in his top 10 things HE learned......let me try one more time on this jokers own forum....earth to boom most of us that have a brain that actually retains information already knew the miss. schools are the real deal,unfortunately u just learned that this week hahaha


    also earth to boom we already know you hate fla and ala so they obviously not a top 10 thing we learned this week.....i mean could u possibly have a 10 without these 3?....no because that require is brain to think a little bit..........anyway bottom line is I did not learn anything from his 10 things this week other than its soo PREDICTABLE


    in closing BOOM clown will eventually learn 1 day (probably after the nov 29th game cause he is not the sharpest at learning things) that ole miss is better than miss st!!...def. wins games ladies!
     
    gatorbear
    gatorbear
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2008
    Posts: 1273
    Posted: Oct. 12, 2014 - 11:47 AM ET #8

    Boom,

    Thoughts on ND/FSU when that game comes to fruition. I am thinking FSU by 10-13.


    Reply
    Boom,

    Thoughts on ND/FSU when that game comes to fruition. I am thinking FSU by 10-13.


     
    tideman
    tideman
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2006
    Posts: 4810
    Posted: Oct. 12, 2014 - 12:22 PM ET #9

    Surprised Dabo's coaching and clock management at the end of the first half didn't make your weekly rants..... since you are so quick to criticize coaches...    But I think even you can realize that with Dabo, these dumb mistakes are like death and taxes...gonna happen no matter what

    Now you've lowered yourself to blasting Vandy? I mean come on...who was here boasting about ,and expecting Vandy , after losing Franklin to be what they were last year....

    Don't let your 5 - 9 week get you down... The best is yet to come....    good luck  

    Reply

    Surprised Dabo's coaching and clock management at the end of the first half didn't make your weekly rants..... since you are so quick to criticize coaches...    But I think even you can realize that with Dabo, these dumb mistakes are like death and taxes...gonna happen no matter what

    Now you've lowered yourself to blasting Vandy? I mean come on...who was here boasting about ,and expecting Vandy , after losing Franklin to be what they were last year....

    Don't let your 5 - 9 week get you down... The best is yet to come....    good luck  

     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Oct. 12, 2014 - 12:36 PM ET #10

     My take right now on the top 10.......


     1. FSU (have to agree with you)

     2. Miss

     3. Miss St.

     4. ND ()

     5.(tie) Alabama (still solid but suffering from "Kiffinitis")

     5.(tie) Baylor (only because they're unbeaten......would get killed by most other teams in top 10)

     7. Oregon

     8. Mich St. (lost convincingly to Oregon)

     9. Oklahoma

     10. Auburn (knew they weren't as good as hyped.......will lose again)
    Reply
     My take right now on the top 10.......


     1. FSU (have to agree with you)

     2. Miss

     3. Miss St.

     4. ND ()

     5.(tie) Alabama (still solid but suffering from "Kiffinitis")

     5.(tie) Baylor (only because they're unbeaten......would get killed by most other teams in top 10)

     7. Oregon

     8. Mich St. (lost convincingly to Oregon)

     9. Oklahoma

     10. Auburn (knew they weren't as good as hyped.......will lose again)
     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Oct. 12, 2014 - 12:49 PM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

    MY Top 10


    1. FSU  ( Until the champ goes down, they have to be here )
    2. Miss st
    3. Ole Miss
    4. Baylor
    5. N.D
    6. Auburn
    7. Michigan st
    8. Oklahoma
    9. Oregon
    10. Alabama / Georgia




    Alabama is NOT a top 10 team.

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:

    MY Top 10


    1. FSU  ( Until the champ goes down, they have to be here )
    2. Miss st
    3. Ole Miss
    4. Baylor
    5. N.D
    6. Auburn
    7. Michigan st
    8. Oklahoma
    9. Oregon
    10. Alabama / Georgia




    Alabama is NOT a top 10 team.

     

     
    Atlanta
    Atlanta
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2002
    Posts: 1949
    Posted: Oct. 12, 2014 - 12:58 PM ET #12

    Boom, you may be right on Prescott and Wallace, but I think Ole Miss's defense is better and will win the Egg for them this year.

    As for Driskell, I'm with you. He has made me a lot of money, but I do feel sorry for him and how he has gone from high school superstart to Division 1 bust.

    Missouri.....yeah, they made a below average UGA secondary look like All Americans. Count the balls that bounced off their receivers hands right into defensive backs hands. It almost looked like a hand-off.

    Have a good week next week, and good luck to your Tigers.

    Reply

    Boom, you may be right on Prescott and Wallace, but I think Ole Miss's defense is better and will win the Egg for them this year.

    As for Driskell, I'm with you. He has made me a lot of money, but I do feel sorry for him and how he has gone from high school superstart to Division 1 bust.

    Missouri.....yeah, they made a below average UGA secondary look like All Americans. Count the balls that bounced off their receivers hands right into defensive backs hands. It almost looked like a hand-off.

    Have a good week next week, and good luck to your Tigers.

     
    Boom_Boom
    Boom_Boom
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2008
    Posts: 17342
    Posted: Oct. 12, 2014 - 1:48 PM ET #13

    Quote Originally Posted by tideman:

    Surprised Dabo's coaching and clock management at the end of the first half didn't make your weekly rants..... since you are so quick to criticize coaches...    But I think even you can realize that with Dabo, these dumb mistakes are like death and taxes...gonna happen no matter what

    Now you've lowered yourself to blasting Vandy? I mean come on...who was here boasting about ,and expecting Vandy , after losing Franklin to be what they were last year....

    Don't let your 5 - 9 week get you down... The best is yet to come....    good luck  



    1) Dabo can't control a 5th year QB making such a boneheaded move before the end of the first half...Cole was a idiot there.

    2) As I stated before... say something about the a SEC team and they will come a running.... that, is like death and taxes

    3) Maybe we should talk about how overrated Bama is...or how they can't beat ranked teams these days...

    3) I couldn't tell you if you were having a good season or not....Why? I don't care.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by tideman:

    Surprised Dabo's coaching and clock management at the end of the first half didn't make your weekly rants..... since you are so quick to criticize coaches...    But I think even you can realize that with Dabo, these dumb mistakes are like death and taxes...gonna happen no matter what

    Now you've lowered yourself to blasting Vandy? I mean come on...who was here boasting about ,and expecting Vandy , after losing Franklin to be what they were last year....

    Don't let your 5 - 9 week get you down... The best is yet to come....    good luck  



    1) Dabo can't control a 5th year QB making such a boneheaded move before the end of the first half...Cole was a idiot there.

    2) As I stated before... say something about the a SEC team and they will come a running.... that, is like death and taxes

    3) Maybe we should talk about how overrated Bama is...or how they can't beat ranked teams these days...

    3) I couldn't tell you if you were having a good season or not....Why? I don't care.
     
    Boom_Boom
    Boom_Boom
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2008
    Posts: 17342
    Posted: Oct. 12, 2014 - 1:49 PM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmydafreak:

    Alabama is NOT a top 10 team.

     

    Top 20 yes...but you are right...not top 10
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmydafreak:

    Alabama is NOT a top 10 team.

     

    Top 20 yes...but you are right...not top 10
     
    Boom_Boom
    Boom_Boom
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2008
    Posts: 17342
    Posted: Oct. 12, 2014 - 1:52 PM ET #15

    Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta:

    Boom, you may be right on Prescott and Wallace, but I think Ole Miss's defense is better and will win the Egg for them this year.

    As for Driskell, I'm with you. He has made me a lot of money, but I do feel sorry for him and how he has gone from high school superstart to Division 1 bust.

    Missouri.....yeah, they made a below average UGA secondary look like All Americans. Count the balls that bounced off their receivers hands right into defensive backs hands. It almost looked like a hand-off.

    Have a good week next week, and good luck to your Tigers.



    Nice post.....
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta:

    Boom, you may be right on Prescott and Wallace, but I think Ole Miss's defense is better and will win the Egg for them this year.

    As for Driskell, I'm with you. He has made me a lot of money, but I do feel sorry for him and how he has gone from high school superstart to Division 1 bust.

    Missouri.....yeah, they made a below average UGA secondary look like All Americans. Count the balls that bounced off their receivers hands right into defensive backs hands. It almost looked like a hand-off.

    Have a good week next week, and good luck to your Tigers.



    Nice post.....
     
    Boom_Boom
    Boom_Boom
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2008
    Posts: 17342
    Posted: Oct. 12, 2014 - 1:54 PM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by jpurdy2:

    Man I learned some lesson's this weekend.  I've been capping games since I've been 12 years old, I'm 23 now, and I had a moment of clarity this weekend lol.  Teams that play a sub-par team on the road or at home, with a potential huge game next week, have a tough time covering the spread.  Example, UNC was +17 and lost by only a TD, I didn't play ND but I now see why UNC was a solid pick.  Another example that burned me, Fresno, absolutely sh*t the bed on the road Friday night against UNLV.  

    Lesson 2.  I should have learned this lesson last year when I took Utah State over BYU, just because of Chuckie Keeton.  What happens? He breaks his leg and Utah State gets crushed.  This weekend, I took Clemson solely because of Watson, the kid has been playing out of his mind, and L'Ville hasn't been battled tested IMO like Clemson has.  Anyway, Watson gets hurt and Clemson doesnt cover, btw WTF was Stoudt thinking before halftime??? He had the TE cooking hot dogs in the endzone and didn't throw it? 
    Moral of the story? Just because a team has an absolute stud doesn't mean he'll play out of his mind every week and cover the spread.

    Lesson 3.  Teasers are pretty much sucker bets for inexperienced cappers to make them think they have an edge with an extra 7, 10, or however many pts.  I learned this lesson last year and stopped, however I have a few buddies that love teasing games and they barely break even.  

    BOL this upcoming weekend Boom and everyone else 


    23 is super young... But I will tell you this. We all never stop learning things. This game....there is no " best way "....

    Good Luck
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jpurdy2:

    Man I learned some lesson's this weekend.  I've been capping games since I've been 12 years old, I'm 23 now, and I had a moment of clarity this weekend lol.  Teams that play a sub-par team on the road or at home, with a potential huge game next week, have a tough time covering the spread.  Example, UNC was +17 and lost by only a TD, I didn't play ND but I now see why UNC was a solid pick.  Another example that burned me, Fresno, absolutely sh*t the bed on the road Friday night against UNLV.  

    Lesson 2.  I should have learned this lesson last year when I took Utah State over BYU, just because of Chuckie Keeton.  What happens? He breaks his leg and Utah State gets crushed.  This weekend, I took Clemson solely because of Watson, the kid has been playing out of his mind, and L'Ville hasn't been battled tested IMO like Clemson has.  Anyway, Watson gets hurt and Clemson doesnt cover, btw WTF was Stoudt thinking before halftime??? He had the TE cooking hot dogs in the endzone and didn't throw it? 
    Moral of the story? Just because a team has an absolute stud doesn't mean he'll play out of his mind every week and cover the spread.

    Lesson 3.  Teasers are pretty much sucker bets for inexperienced cappers to make them think they have an edge with an extra 7, 10, or however many pts.  I learned this lesson last year and stopped, however I have a few buddies that love teasing games and they barely break even.  

    BOL this upcoming weekend Boom and everyone else 


    23 is super young... But I will tell you this. We all never stop learning things. This game....there is no " best way "....

    Good Luck
     
    Boom_Boom
    Boom_Boom
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2008
    Posts: 17342
    Posted: Oct. 12, 2014 - 1:55 PM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by Greedybastard:

    Good to see someone still thinks FSU is the one seed. After they demolish Notre Dame on Saturday, their ticket should be punched into the playoff. I don't see any team beating them on a neutral field (with Winston of course).



    whether or not we think FSU is the best team..... They have to stay #1 until they fall....kind of that un written rule
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Greedybastard:

    Good to see someone still thinks FSU is the one seed. After they demolish Notre Dame on Saturday, their ticket should be punched into the playoff. I don't see any team beating them on a neutral field (with Winston of course).



    whether or not we think FSU is the best team..... They have to stay #1 until they fall....kind of that un written rule
     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55703
    Posted: Oct. 12, 2014 - 2:44 PM ET #18

    No need to apologize 


    Mizzou is a 7 win team, nothing more. They were in the top 25by default....hell, if they didnt lose to Indiana they woulda been top 10

    Your 4 in the playoffs, as of this date , are simply not debatable. Thats the 4, end of story.

    Reply
    No need to apologize 


    Mizzou is a 7 win team, nothing more. They were in the top 25by default....hell, if they didnt lose to Indiana they woulda been top 10

    Your 4 in the playoffs, as of this date , are simply not debatable. Thats the 4, end of story.

     
    Gumbajohnny
    Gumbajohnny
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 598
    Posted: Oct. 12, 2014 - 2:44 PM ET #19

    As always Boom Boom entertaining stuff.
    Me I had one of my worst weeks ever 2-13.
    I should of known after loosing the Stanford Wazzu game how my week was going to be.
    Bama is not a top 10 team Saban does not carry the marquee he use to.
    How the hell does LSU Gators go over 47?
    100% agree regarding Georgia Tech them and Clemson were my 2 big plays.
    No Pac 12 team makes the playoff. More than UCLA is Mora not a good coach

    IF FSU trips up no ACC teaam makes the playoff.
    If Baylor trips up no Big 10 team makes the playoff.
    I still think Michigan St sneaks in to the playoff
    My top 10
    FSU
    Miss St
    Ole Miss
    Baylor
    Auburn
    N.D
    Michigan St
    TCU
    Oklahoma
    Oregon..
    My playoff

    Miss St Ole Miss FSU Mich ST

    Reply
    As always Boom Boom entertaining stuff.
    Me I had one of my worst weeks ever 2-13.
    I should of known after loosing the Stanford Wazzu game how my week was going to be.
    Bama is not a top 10 team Saban does not carry the marquee he use to.
    How the hell does LSU Gators go over 47?
    100% agree regarding Georgia Tech them and Clemson were my 2 big plays.
    No Pac 12 team makes the playoff. More than UCLA is Mora not a good coach

    IF FSU trips up no ACC teaam makes the playoff.
    If Baylor trips up no Big 10 team makes the playoff.
    I still think Michigan St sneaks in to the playoff
    My top 10
    FSU
    Miss St
    Ole Miss
    Baylor
    Auburn
    N.D
    Michigan St
    TCU
    Oklahoma
    Oregon..
    My playoff

    Miss St Ole Miss FSU Mich ST

     
    tideman
    tideman
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2006
    Posts: 4810
    Posted: Oct. 12, 2014 - 2:51 PM ET #20

    Quote Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:



    1) Dabo can't control a 5th year QB making such a boneheaded move before the end of the first half...Cole was a idiot there.

    2) As I stated before... say something about the a SEC team and they will come a running.... that, is like death and taxes

    3) Maybe we should talk about how overrated Bama is...or how they can't beat ranked teams these days...

    3) I couldn't tell you if you were having a good season or not....Why? I don't care.
    1..  Can any coach control any player from making a bonehead play? Of course not....but they are the one who is in charge, and since you are so quick to criticize every other coach who's team makes a bad or stupid play...and since you are so much of a homer, figured I'd point it out for you...

    2.  Who's running in here because you said something about an SEC team? If anything, I'd say you've been dipping too heavily into the SEC koolaid with 5 SEC teams in your top ten. Quit believing everything you hear on ESPN son

    3.  Lets talk about it... because again, you are giving them more credit than I am.... I wouldn't put them any where close to a top 10.... yet they were #10 in your pole, that is until Jimmy told you they weren't, then you agreed .....lol talk about wishy washy

    4...  The number 4 should come after 3 there slick.... Clemson arithmetic I guess 

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Boom_Boom:



    1) Dabo can't control a 5th year QB making such a boneheaded move before the end of the first half...Cole was a idiot there.

    2) As I stated before... say something about the a SEC team and they will come a running.... that, is like death and taxes

    3) Maybe we should talk about how overrated Bama is...or how they can't beat ranked teams these days...

    3) I couldn't tell you if you were having a good season or not....Why? I don't care.
    1..  Can any coach control any player from making a bonehead play? Of course not....but they are the one who is in charge, and since you are so quick to criticize every other coach who's team makes a bad or stupid play...and since you are so much of a homer, figured I'd point it out for you...

    2.  Who's running in here because you said something about an SEC team? If anything, I'd say you've been dipping too heavily into the SEC koolaid with 5 SEC teams in your top ten. Quit believing everything you hear on ESPN son

    3.  Lets talk about it... because again, you are giving them more credit than I am.... I wouldn't put them any where close to a top 10.... yet they were #10 in your pole, that is until Jimmy told you they weren't, then you agreed .....lol talk about wishy washy

    4...  The number 4 should come after 3 there slick.... Clemson arithmetic I guess 

     

     
    Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2013
    Posts: 5611
    Posted: Oct. 12, 2014 - 4:51 PM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by tideman:

    Surprised Dabo's coaching and clock management at the end of the first half didn't make your weekly rants..... since you are so quick to criticize coaches...    But I think even you can realize that with Dabo, these dumb mistakes are like death and taxes...gonna happen no matter what

    Now you've lowered yourself to blasting Vandy? I mean come on...who was here boasting about ,and expecting Vandy , after losing Franklin to be what they were last year....

    Don't let your 5 - 9 week get you down... The best is yet to come....    good luck  



    The classic Dabo move, and this has to go down in history as one of the stupidest, idiotic play calls ever:
    Clemson needs a inch or so for a first down, so they go for it on 4th down, and Dummy Dabo has his quarterback line up in the shotgun formation, and then has him run it into the middle of the line losing yardage in the process.
    SNITCHES end up being bitches, or end up with stitches, and in ditches! #REALITY
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by tideman:

    Surprised Dabo's coaching and clock management at the end of the first half didn't make your weekly rants..... since you are so quick to criticize coaches...    But I think even you can realize that with Dabo, these dumb mistakes are like death and taxes...gonna happen no matter what

    Now you've lowered yourself to blasting Vandy? I mean come on...who was here boasting about ,and expecting Vandy , after losing Franklin to be what they were last year....

    Don't let your 5 - 9 week get you down... The best is yet to come....    good luck  



    The classic Dabo move, and this has to go down in history as one of the stupidest, idiotic play calls ever:
    Clemson needs a inch or so for a first down, so they go for it on 4th down, and Dummy Dabo has his quarterback line up in the shotgun formation, and then has him run it into the middle of the line losing yardage in the process.
     
    soonboomer
    soonboomer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2010
    Posts: 1164
    Posted: Oct. 12, 2014 - 7:44 PM ET #22

    Oklahoma may not be a top 10 team either. Knight's bowl game vs Bama was a fluke, and this year, other than Shepard, has absolutely no wideouts that could start for any one else in the conference. The defense is talented and usually good, but they are on the field constantly. If Texas didn't play one of the "dumbest games" of all time, they win easily yesterday. They better improve or will lose 2 more.
    Reply
    Oklahoma may not be a top 10 team either. Knight's bowl game vs Bama was a fluke, and this year, other than Shepard, has absolutely no wideouts that could start for any one else in the conference. The defense is talented and usually good, but they are on the field constantly. If Texas didn't play one of the "dumbest games" of all time, they win easily yesterday. They better improve or will lose 2 more.
     
    soonboomer
    soonboomer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2010
    Posts: 1164
    Posted: Oct. 12, 2014 - 7:55 PM ET #23

    Quote Originally Posted by tideman:

    1..  Can any coach control any player from making a bonehead play? Of course not....but they are the one who is in charge, and since you are so quick to criticize every other coach who's team makes a bad or stupid play...and since you are so much of a homer, figured I'd point it out for you...

    2.  Who's running in here because you said something about an SEC team? If anything, I'd say you've been dipping too heavily into the SEC koolaid with 5 SEC teams in your top ten. Quit believing everything you hear on ESPN son

    3.  Lets talk about it... because again, you are giving them more credit than I am.... I wouldn't put them any where close to a top 10.... yet they were #10 in your pole, that is until Jimmy told you they weren't, then you agreed .....lol talk about wishy washy

    4...  The number 4 should come after 3 there slick.... Clemson arithmetic I guess 

     


    Boom must have really bruised your vagina. Let it go. Who wants to die a bitter old man?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by tideman:

    1..  Can any coach control any player from making a bonehead play? Of course not....but they are the one who is in charge, and since you are so quick to criticize every other coach who's team makes a bad or stupid play...and since you are so much of a homer, figured I'd point it out for you...

    2.  Who's running in here because you said something about an SEC team? If anything, I'd say you've been dipping too heavily into the SEC koolaid with 5 SEC teams in your top ten. Quit believing everything you hear on ESPN son

    3.  Lets talk about it... because again, you are giving them more credit than I am.... I wouldn't put them any where close to a top 10.... yet they were #10 in your pole, that is until Jimmy told you they weren't, then you agreed .....lol talk about wishy washy

    4...  The number 4 should come after 3 there slick.... Clemson arithmetic I guess 

     


    Boom must have really bruised your vagina. Let it go. Who wants to die a bitter old man?
     
    LORDCAPPER14
    LORDCAPPER14
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 69
    Posted: Oct. 12, 2014 - 7:56 PM ET #24

    boom clown ignores my posts picking apart his silly PREDICTABLE same 3 things every top 10 cause he knows im 100% right.....what a putz you are boom clown......not sure whats worse you the clown who writes the dumb top 10 every week with same predictable nonsense?.....or the 2 or 3 fools who actually agree with ya and say good read  hahahahahahaha.......just shows how ignorant you jokers all are

    HEY BOOM CLOWN.....NEXT WEEK POST YOUR TOP 10 WITHOUT ALA,FLA,OR THE MISS TEAMS AND I WILL ACTUALLY GIVE YOU CREDIT FOR USING YOUR PEA SIZED BRAIN FOR SOMETHING OTHER THAN PREDICTABLE BABBLE WEEK AFTER WEEK

    boom clown.....no need to address this post u can act a fool and pretend you dont read and care about it but the actually smart people in here other than myself understand this is the pathetic existance of which is your life....anyone who disputes this fact is as clueless as you are....where is my proof u may ask?.....proof is you said you would never post again after u lost a bet last year in here.....than u looked in mirror and said "oh my god if i can't post in covers forums what will i do with my boring life".....and back you came spitting the same nonsense week after week.....BOOM CLOWN THE HOMER PUTZ !!

    bozo the clown got nothing on boom!!
    Reply
    boom clown ignores my posts picking apart his silly PREDICTABLE same 3 things every top 10 cause he knows im 100% right.....what a putz you are boom clown......not sure whats worse you the clown who writes the dumb top 10 every week with same predictable nonsense?.....or the 2 or 3 fools who actually agree with ya and say good read  hahahahahahaha.......just shows how ignorant you jokers all are

    HEY BOOM CLOWN.....NEXT WEEK POST YOUR TOP 10 WITHOUT ALA,FLA,OR THE MISS TEAMS AND I WILL ACTUALLY GIVE YOU CREDIT FOR USING YOUR PEA SIZED BRAIN FOR SOMETHING OTHER THAN PREDICTABLE BABBLE WEEK AFTER WEEK

    boom clown.....no need to address this post u can act a fool and pretend you dont read and care about it but the actually smart people in here other than myself understand this is the pathetic existance of which is your life....anyone who disputes this fact is as clueless as you are....where is my proof u may ask?.....proof is you said you would never post again after u lost a bet last year in here.....than u looked in mirror and said "oh my god if i can't post in covers forums what will i do with my boring life".....and back you came spitting the same nonsense week after week.....BOOM CLOWN THE HOMER PUTZ !!

    bozo the clown got nothing on boom!!
     
     
    LORDCAPPER14
    LORDCAPPER14
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 69
    Posted: Oct. 12, 2014 - 7:59 PM ET #25

    i don't hate boom clown.....i just hate predictable frauds whose word means nothing!!....no backbone...they def stole this fools lunch in school,prob still do hahaha
    Reply
    i don't hate boom clown.....i just hate predictable frauds whose word means nothing!!....no backbone...they def stole this fools lunch in school,prob still do hahaha
    All Forums | College Football
    123 ... 567 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,224
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 268,974
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,698
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,399
    • Saturday 10/03/2026 689
    • MLB Playoffs 5,169
    • **$$$ MD Saturday 10/3 $$$** 7,094
    • Trump's legacy? 33,921
    • **$$$ MD Friday 10/2 $$$** 10,286
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,979

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.