• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 3
      NFL Week 3
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | College Football

    Hawaii's point shaving rumors.....

    1234 Next Last»
    Hawaiiguy
    Bank_on_it
    Jarrett75
    DAAKING
    nfl_brosuf
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 8860
    Posts: 80
    1234 Next Last»
     
    Hawaiiguy
    Hawaiiguy
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 7207
    Posted: Nov. 22, 2011 - 8:58 PM ET #1

    https://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...l?id=134363713

    I won't say how I know, but I do know that every year, and after every game that Hawaii does NOT cover the spread, the HPD and FBI receives calls that their is point shaving.

    From what I hear, this goes on for almost every football program.  (a team doesn't cover, the police get calls)

    I also knew of this investigation weeks ago, and I also know a lot of details that were getting preposterous. The rumors were just getting plain outlandish.

    I know many players on a very close level, and in fact know exactly where they are on their days off.

    Of the main players I know, I would say no way in the world this is true. I cannot vouch for fringe players.

    Someone needs to say, "Ummmmm, Hawaii has the most injured starters on offense in the NATION. Of course they will fucking struggle!"
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    https://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...l?id=134363713

    I won't say how I know, but I do know that every year, and after every game that Hawaii does NOT cover the spread, the HPD and FBI receives calls that their is point shaving.

    From what I hear, this goes on for almost every football program.  (a team doesn't cover, the police get calls)

    I also knew of this investigation weeks ago, and I also know a lot of details that were getting preposterous. The rumors were just getting plain outlandish.

    I know many players on a very close level, and in fact know exactly where they are on their days off.

    Of the main players I know, I would say no way in the world this is true. I cannot vouch for fringe players.

    Someone needs to say, "Ummmmm, Hawaii has the most injured starters on offense in the NATION. Of course they will fucking struggle!"
     
    Bank_on_it
    Bank_on_it
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2010
    Posts: 2567
    Posted: Nov. 22, 2011 - 9:11 PM ET #2

    it aint true, what is true is hawaii is not that good and hurt but the oddsmakers keep thinking that "this will their breakout week" lol.
    Reply
    it aint true, what is true is hawaii is not that good and hurt but the oddsmakers keep thinking that "this will their breakout week" lol.
     
    Jarrett75
    Jarrett75
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2004
    Posts: 27902
    Posted: Nov. 22, 2011 - 9:28 PM ET #3

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiiguy:

    https://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...l?id=134363713

    I won't say how I know, but I do know that every year, and after every game that Hawaii does NOT cover the spread, the HPD and FBI receives calls that their is point shaving.

    From what I hear, this goes on for almost every football program.  (a team doesn't cover, the police get calls)

    I also knew of this investigation weeks ago, and I also know a lot of details that were getting preposterous. The rumors were just getting plain outlandish.

    I know many players on a very close level, and in fact know exactly where they are on their days off.

    Of the main players I know, I would say no way in the world this is true. I cannot vouch for fringe players.

    Someone needs to say, "Ummmmm, Hawaii has the most injured starters on offense in the NATION. Of course they will fucking struggle!"


    It's probably the same idiots on covers who keep saying a game they lost was fixed instead of them just making a bad pick.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiiguy:

    https://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...l?id=134363713

    I won't say how I know, but I do know that every year, and after every game that Hawaii does NOT cover the spread, the HPD and FBI receives calls that their is point shaving.

    From what I hear, this goes on for almost every football program.  (a team doesn't cover, the police get calls)

    I also knew of this investigation weeks ago, and I also know a lot of details that were getting preposterous. The rumors were just getting plain outlandish.

    I know many players on a very close level, and in fact know exactly where they are on their days off.

    Of the main players I know, I would say no way in the world this is true. I cannot vouch for fringe players.

    Someone needs to say, "Ummmmm, Hawaii has the most injured starters on offense in the NATION. Of course they will fucking struggle!"


    It's probably the same idiots on covers who keep saying a game they lost was fixed instead of them just making a bad pick.
     
    DAAKING
    DAAKING
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 786
    Posted: Nov. 22, 2011 - 10:31 PM ET #4

    This is not a rumor, this is 100% true. I saw it first habd last year when Moniz played against Tulsa. There was something wrong in that game and I did'nt want to believe it myself until I watched it.I also watched the UNLV game first hand, knowing that UnLV refs are the worst by far for home cooking, whom ever decided to shave points did it under the disguise of that premise. Watch the tape again on both games, you will see what i'm saying and know the truth, people have gotten to our boys and due to hard economic times, this is the element we are dealing with in Hawaii. I have had my suspisions for a long time that things were'nt right. Some poor fool who bet at a gamblin house in Hawaii got some info and bet the house. He lost and gave up the group. Hawaiiguy your not the only one who got connects in Hawaii,most of my family are and or were HPD. It's a sad day.
    Reply
    This is not a rumor, this is 100% true. I saw it first habd last year when Moniz played against Tulsa. There was something wrong in that game and I did'nt want to believe it myself until I watched it.I also watched the UNLV game first hand, knowing that UnLV refs are the worst by far for home cooking, whom ever decided to shave points did it under the disguise of that premise. Watch the tape again on both games, you will see what i'm saying and know the truth, people have gotten to our boys and due to hard economic times, this is the element we are dealing with in Hawaii. I have had my suspisions for a long time that things were'nt right. Some poor fool who bet at a gamblin house in Hawaii got some info and bet the house. He lost and gave up the group. Hawaiiguy your not the only one who got connects in Hawaii,most of my family are and or were HPD. It's a sad day.
     
    nfl_brosuf
    nfl_brosuf
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2011
    Posts: 11652
    Posted: Nov. 22, 2011 - 10:56 PM ET #5

    I knew I had to blacklist hawaii for the rest of the way after knowing that something just isn't right about them.

    Muniz refusing to run and prefer to get sack in the pocket.  Fishy business. 
    X_____________________________
    Reply
    I knew I had to blacklist hawaii for the rest of the way after knowing that something just isn't right about them.

    Muniz refusing to run and prefer to get sack in the pocket.  Fishy business. 
     
    Professional1
    Professional1
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 41623
    Posted: Nov. 22, 2011 - 11:12 PM ET #6

    explain the UNLV game and how the money line moved from UNLV from +1600 to +700 and Hawaii got blown out while being 3 touchdown favorites?
    Reply
    explain the UNLV game and how the money line moved from UNLV from +1600 to +700 and Hawaii got blown out while being 3 touchdown favorites?
     
    Professional1
    Professional1
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 41623
    Posted: Nov. 22, 2011 - 11:13 PM ET #7

    Muniz is for sure involved probably has to pay off a gambling debt.
    Reply
    Muniz is for sure involved probably has to pay off a gambling debt.
     
    Loo-Loo
    Loo-Loo
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2011
    Posts: 1365
    Posted: Nov. 22, 2011 - 11:22 PM ET #8

    Mother fuckers.  Last week Hawaii cost me my super parlay.  Somebody better go to prison
    Reply
    Mother fuckers.  Last week Hawaii cost me my super parlay.  Somebody better go to prison
     
    alcaPWN
    alcaPWN
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2011
    Posts: 82
    Posted: Nov. 22, 2011 - 11:24 PM ET #9

    just check the UNLV game and SJSU game...

    but i hope it isn't true, it would be a big blow to the program

    Reply

    just check the UNLV game and SJSU game...

    but i hope it isn't true, it would be a big blow to the program

     
    BORN-808
    BORN-808
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2011
    Posts: 319
    Posted: Nov. 22, 2011 - 11:25 PM ET #10

    There's a lot of games that HAWAII played and made no cense to me,and I hoped that this wasn't true but it made me think that there ain't no way they can lose the way they lost on some games..

    As a capper i could never put my money on hawaii this year, it was to hard to figure if they was playing or not playing!!

    SO SAD...
    Reply
    There's a lot of games that HAWAII played and made no cense to me,and I hoped that this wasn't true but it made me think that there ain't no way they can lose the way they lost on some games..

    As a capper i could never put my money on hawaii this year, it was to hard to figure if they was playing or not playing!!

    SO SAD...
     
    Ice4Blood
    Ice4Blood
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 11845
    Posted: Nov. 22, 2011 - 11:42 PM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by Professional1:

    explain the UNLV game and how the money line moved from UNLV from +1600 to +700 and Hawaii got blown out while being 3 touchdown favorites?



    somebody stole my thunder...


    look no further than the UNLV game for evidence of any point shaving... and i agree with Born 808... they have been inexplicable to figure out this year, and i remember some really strange shit from Moniz in the SJ St game, come to think of it...

    i would be much more surprised to find out these rumors are NOT true, than to find they are true...



    with that in mind....... hmmmm... rumors are circling about Hawaii shaving points, and they are at home against Tulane this week???  seems like the perfect opportunity to destroy Tulane and try to make people think it was never true to begin with...

    this also happened in the early 90's with the Arizona St basketball team... they were shaving points, and then the week it hit the papers, they were playing Washington St, and before the story surfaced, the line had already swung like 5 points...

    Arizona St (the team that was shaving points) came out and crushed Washington St...


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Professional1:

    explain the UNLV game and how the money line moved from UNLV from +1600 to +700 and Hawaii got blown out while being 3 touchdown favorites?



    somebody stole my thunder...


    look no further than the UNLV game for evidence of any point shaving... and i agree with Born 808... they have been inexplicable to figure out this year, and i remember some really strange shit from Moniz in the SJ St game, come to think of it...

    i would be much more surprised to find out these rumors are NOT true, than to find they are true...



    with that in mind....... hmmmm... rumors are circling about Hawaii shaving points, and they are at home against Tulane this week???  seems like the perfect opportunity to destroy Tulane and try to make people think it was never true to begin with...

    this also happened in the early 90's with the Arizona St basketball team... they were shaving points, and then the week it hit the papers, they were playing Washington St, and before the story surfaced, the line had already swung like 5 points...

    Arizona St (the team that was shaving points) came out and crushed Washington St...


     
    nfl_brosuf
    nfl_brosuf
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2011
    Posts: 11652
    Posted: Nov. 22, 2011 - 11:52 PM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by Ice4Blood:




    somebody stole my thunder...


    look no further than the UNLV game for evidence of any point shaving... and i agree with Born 808... they have been inexplicable to figure out this year, and i remember some really strange shit from Moniz in the SJ St game, come to think of it...

    i would be much more surprised to find out these rumors are NOT true, than to find they are true...



    with that in mind....... hmmmm... rumors are circling about Hawaii shaving points, and they are at home against Tulane this week???  seems like the perfect opportunity to destroy Tulane and try to make people think it was never true to begin with...

    this also happened in the early 90's with the Arizona St basketball team... they were shaving points, and then the week it hit the papers, they were playing Washington St, and before the story surfaced, the line had already swung like 5 points...

    Arizona St (the team that was shaving points) came out and crushed Washington St...




    Very good point and this is a must win for hawaii so maybe they will play true to win game but not cover the spread. 

    Regardless, I want nothing to do with any hawaii game this year. 

    Playing true still depends on 1 factor.  If them players are on the lines early in the week at -+20 tulane,  they are not going to play true and cover 20 and lose their bet.  Best for them is to win game and win their bet by not covering.  It is the best possible outcome for them and everyone will be happy. 

    If the bets are not in and the line has already shrunken, they will win and they will cover to shut everyone up. 

    Then you get another croonie goes, hey, why don't they play like that during the unlv or the sjsu game? 
    X_____________________________
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice4Blood:




    somebody stole my thunder...


    look no further than the UNLV game for evidence of any point shaving... and i agree with Born 808... they have been inexplicable to figure out this year, and i remember some really strange shit from Moniz in the SJ St game, come to think of it...

    i would be much more surprised to find out these rumors are NOT true, than to find they are true...



    with that in mind....... hmmmm... rumors are circling about Hawaii shaving points, and they are at home against Tulane this week???  seems like the perfect opportunity to destroy Tulane and try to make people think it was never true to begin with...

    this also happened in the early 90's with the Arizona St basketball team... they were shaving points, and then the week it hit the papers, they were playing Washington St, and before the story surfaced, the line had already swung like 5 points...

    Arizona St (the team that was shaving points) came out and crushed Washington St...




    Very good point and this is a must win for hawaii so maybe they will play true to win game but not cover the spread. 

    Regardless, I want nothing to do with any hawaii game this year. 

    Playing true still depends on 1 factor.  If them players are on the lines early in the week at -+20 tulane,  they are not going to play true and cover 20 and lose their bet.  Best for them is to win game and win their bet by not covering.  It is the best possible outcome for them and everyone will be happy. 

    If the bets are not in and the line has already shrunken, they will win and they will cover to shut everyone up. 

    Then you get another croonie goes, hey, why don't they play like that during the unlv or the sjsu game? 
     
    Ice4Blood
    Ice4Blood
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 11845
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2011 - 12:05 AM ET #13

    you know, another thing i thought about this whole rumor... some of the locals can back me up on this (or not?)...


    outside of Nevada, Hawaii is probably the biggest gambler's state in this country... not sure why, but there is definitely a counter-culture of bookies and bettors there that is out of whack, in a "per capita" sense...

    Hawaii came into this year knowing they had very few returning starters, and it would most likely be a struggle to win games...

    maybe a few guys got it in their heads that they could pick games where they figured they probably would struggle anyway... throw some money on it, and if necessary, maybe give it a little extra help...
    Reply
    you know, another thing i thought about this whole rumor... some of the locals can back me up on this (or not?)...


    outside of Nevada, Hawaii is probably the biggest gambler's state in this country... not sure why, but there is definitely a counter-culture of bookies and bettors there that is out of whack, in a "per capita" sense...

    Hawaii came into this year knowing they had very few returning starters, and it would most likely be a struggle to win games...

    maybe a few guys got it in their heads that they could pick games where they figured they probably would struggle anyway... throw some money on it, and if necessary, maybe give it a little extra help...
     
    Ice4Blood
    Ice4Blood
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 11845
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2011 - 12:06 AM ET #14

    for all we know, Hawaii players may have been betting on their own team the past couple of years, and decided this was a good year to go the other way...

    usually don't become a hardcore gambler (and fixer) overnight...
    Reply
    for all we know, Hawaii players may have been betting on their own team the past couple of years, and decided this was a good year to go the other way...

    usually don't become a hardcore gambler (and fixer) overnight...
     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55662
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2011 - 12:10 AM ET #15

    So, what do you think of the Rainbows this weekend Hawaiiguy?
    Reply
    So, what do you think of the Rainbows this weekend Hawaiiguy?
     
    nfl_brosuf
    nfl_brosuf
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2011
    Posts: 11652
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2011 - 12:11 AM ET #16

    I also want to say another thing.

    You want to see points shaven?  It is easier to control the flow of things if you are playing against a lesser team.  Ok we are down but by 4th quarter, we can play true and go in for a garbage score and win the game but lose the spread. 

    Look at the idaho game.   Muniz no run. 

    The idaho and the unlv game hurts.  I quit on hawaii after the idaho game. 


    X_____________________________
    Reply
    I also want to say another thing.

    You want to see points shaven?  It is easier to control the flow of things if you are playing against a lesser team.  Ok we are down but by 4th quarter, we can play true and go in for a garbage score and win the game but lose the spread. 

    Look at the idaho game.   Muniz no run. 

    The idaho and the unlv game hurts.  I quit on hawaii after the idaho game. 


     
    JakeLake720
    JakeLake720
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2007
    Posts: 4992
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2011 - 12:27 AM ET #17

       I don't blame or accuse anyone without concrete proof, but that game Moniz had against San Jose St. made me do a double take. We will see if anything comes of this..
    Reply
       I don't blame or accuse anyone without concrete proof, but that game Moniz had against San Jose St. made me do a double take. We will see if anything comes of this..
     
    Ice4Blood
    Ice4Blood
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 11845
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2011 - 12:28 AM ET #18

    nfl... how about a couple other games that are looking pretty fishy right about now?


    Sept 10th

    Hawaii (+5.5) @ Wash

    Hawaii trails 38-26 late in the 4th quarter... they go in for the score to make it 38-32 with 1:39 left in the game... just need to kick the XP to cover the spread... kick is blocked and returned for a 2 pt conversion... final:  UW 40-32



    Oct. 15th

    Hawaii (-6) @ SJ St

    Hawaii trails at halftime 20-7, but score 3 straight TDs in the 2nd half... the 3rd score comes with Hawaii leading 21-20, on a 32 yard run... 27-20, XP pending to make it an 8 point game in the 4th quarter... blocked, returned for a 2 pt conversion, making the score 27-22 (SJ covering), instead of 28-20 (Hawaii covering)...

    if this is true, the last laugh was on Hawaii in that game... because SJ St scored with :30 to go, and since they were only trailing by 5 points (instead of 8), they didn't even need to make their XP to win the game... final:  SJSU 28-27
    Reply
    nfl... how about a couple other games that are looking pretty fishy right about now?


    Sept 10th

    Hawaii (+5.5) @ Wash

    Hawaii trails 38-26 late in the 4th quarter... they go in for the score to make it 38-32 with 1:39 left in the game... just need to kick the XP to cover the spread... kick is blocked and returned for a 2 pt conversion... final:  UW 40-32



    Oct. 15th

    Hawaii (-6) @ SJ St

    Hawaii trails at halftime 20-7, but score 3 straight TDs in the 2nd half... the 3rd score comes with Hawaii leading 21-20, on a 32 yard run... 27-20, XP pending to make it an 8 point game in the 4th quarter... blocked, returned for a 2 pt conversion, making the score 27-22 (SJ covering), instead of 28-20 (Hawaii covering)...

    if this is true, the last laugh was on Hawaii in that game... because SJ St scored with :30 to go, and since they were only trailing by 5 points (instead of 8), they didn't even need to make their XP to win the game... final:  SJSU 28-27
     
    Ice4Blood
    Ice4Blood
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 11845
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2011 - 12:30 AM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by JakeLake720:

       I don't blame or accuse anyone without concrete proof, but that game Moniz had against San Jose St. made me do a double take. We will see if anything comes of this..



    oh yea, that was the whole reason i was posting... didn't Moniz have 5 or 6 turnovers in that game?  and some of them were just mind-boggling...

    i just got side-tracked because i was looking at the box score and saw the blocked 2-pt conversion...

    i had Hawaii in that game, and i did feel like Hawaii was trying to give away the game as much as possible...
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeLake720:

       I don't blame or accuse anyone without concrete proof, but that game Moniz had against San Jose St. made me do a double take. We will see if anything comes of this..



    oh yea, that was the whole reason i was posting... didn't Moniz have 5 or 6 turnovers in that game?  and some of them were just mind-boggling...

    i just got side-tracked because i was looking at the box score and saw the blocked 2-pt conversion...

    i had Hawaii in that game, and i did feel like Hawaii was trying to give away the game as much as possible...
     
    JakeLake720
    JakeLake720
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2007
    Posts: 4992
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2011 - 12:33 AM ET #20

    Ice, it looked like he was trying to make mistakes..Almost all of his interceptions were mind boggling. I hope for his sake that these accusations are not true, but we will see...
    Reply
    Ice, it looked like he was trying to make mistakes..Almost all of his interceptions were mind boggling. I hope for his sake that these accusations are not true, but we will see...
     
    BlackJesuss
    BlackJesuss
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2010
    Posts: 103
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2011 - 7:15 AM ET #21

    the ints he threw in the sjsu game were some of the dumbest picks ever......he was throwing them things straight at the defender.....i def knew something wasn't right.....and vegas knew too but when shit gets exposed to the media vegas plays innocent.....they profited off of this point shaving thats why they never alerted authorities
    Reply
    the ints he threw in the sjsu game were some of the dumbest picks ever......he was throwing them things straight at the defender.....i def knew something wasn't right.....and vegas knew too but when shit gets exposed to the media vegas plays innocent.....they profited off of this point shaving thats why they never alerted authorities
     
    David_Payne
    David_Payne
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 160
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2011 - 7:21 AM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiiguy:

    https://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...l?id=134363713

    I won't say how I know, but I do know that every year, and after every game that Hawaii does NOT cover the spread, the HPD and FBI receives calls that their is point shaving.

    From what I hear, this goes on for almost every football program.  (a team doesn't cover, the police get calls)

    I also knew of this investigation weeks ago, and I also know a lot of details that were getting preposterous. The rumors were just getting plain outlandish.

    I know many players on a very close level, and in fact know exactly where they are on their days off.

    Of the main players I know, I would say no way in the world this is true. I cannot vouch for fringe players.

    Someone needs to say, "Ummmmm, Hawaii has the most injured starters on offense in the NATION. Of course they will fucking struggle!"


    Hey ... I'm a writer for Covers working on this story. Can you email me at dpurdum@sportsdirectinc.com? I'd love to visit with you a little.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiiguy:

    https://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...l?id=134363713

    I won't say how I know, but I do know that every year, and after every game that Hawaii does NOT cover the spread, the HPD and FBI receives calls that their is point shaving.

    From what I hear, this goes on for almost every football program.  (a team doesn't cover, the police get calls)

    I also knew of this investigation weeks ago, and I also know a lot of details that were getting preposterous. The rumors were just getting plain outlandish.

    I know many players on a very close level, and in fact know exactly where they are on their days off.

    Of the main players I know, I would say no way in the world this is true. I cannot vouch for fringe players.

    Someone needs to say, "Ummmmm, Hawaii has the most injured starters on offense in the NATION. Of course they will fucking struggle!"


    Hey ... I'm a writer for Covers working on this story. Can you email me at dpurdum@sportsdirectinc.com? I'd love to visit with you a little.
     
    SaMJacKJoR
    SaMJacKJoR
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2010
    Posts: 644
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2011 - 7:23 AM ET #23

    Reply
     
    composite
    composite
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 4418
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2011 - 7:52 AM ET #24

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiiguy:

    https://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...l?id=134363713

    I won't say how I know, but I do know that every year, and after every game that Hawaii does NOT cover the spread, the HPD and FBI receives calls that their is point shaving.

    From what I hear, this goes on for almost every football program.  (a team doesn't cover, the police get calls)

    I also knew of this investigation weeks ago, and I also know a lot of details that were getting preposterous. The rumors were just getting plain outlandish.

    I know many players on a very close level, and in fact know exactly where they are on their days off.

    Of the main players I know, I would say no way in the world this is true. I cannot vouch for fringe players.

    Someone needs to say, "Ummmmm, Hawaii has the most injured starters on offense in the NATION. Of course they will fucking struggle!"

    If the rumors happen every year, then why did it get so much publicity this year?

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiiguy:

    https://www.staradvertiser.com/news/b...l?id=134363713

    I won't say how I know, but I do know that every year, and after every game that Hawaii does NOT cover the spread, the HPD and FBI receives calls that their is point shaving.

    From what I hear, this goes on for almost every football program.  (a team doesn't cover, the police get calls)

    I also knew of this investigation weeks ago, and I also know a lot of details that were getting preposterous. The rumors were just getting plain outlandish.

    I know many players on a very close level, and in fact know exactly where they are on their days off.

    Of the main players I know, I would say no way in the world this is true. I cannot vouch for fringe players.

    Someone needs to say, "Ummmmm, Hawaii has the most injured starters on offense in the NATION. Of course they will fucking struggle!"

    If the rumors happen every year, then why did it get so much publicity this year?

     
     
    The_BigDog
    The_BigDog
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 4040
    Posted: Nov. 23, 2011 - 9:44 AM ET #25

    It's not rocket surgery guys..... I have suspected that about this team several times this year. Just watch some of the games and the convenient unforced errors.... Circumstantial???  I don't think so.
    Reply
    It's not rocket surgery guys..... I have suspected that about this team several times this year. Just watch some of the games and the convenient unforced errors.... Circumstantial???  I don't think so.
    All Forums | College Football
    1234 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Claiming Prizes 57,609
    • Sunday 09/27/2026 503
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,090
    • Rams vs Broncos in game live SNF 2,683
    • Sunday 3,121
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 101,933
    • HELP PLEASE 1,460
    • NFL THREAD * 151 * 13,548
    • NFL Sunday 7,399
    • ***Macwesties * Thur. * Sun. Sept. 24, 27, 2026 * Week #3 * NFL Football Plays* 8,735

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.