• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | College Football

    *** Freak Pics!!! *** (Week 2)

    «First Previous 123 ... 111213
    Titlemax
    traderjoe13
    Win4Ever
    jimmydafreak
    tideman
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 53775
    Posts: 320
    «First Previous 123 ... 111213
     
    Titlemax
    Titlemax
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2012
    Posts: 52
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 9:10 AM ET #301

    I have been a member of Covers for about 5 years now, and only post 4-5 times a year. These trollers are bull$h!t. Freak is the main reason I come to this forum. I got killed this weekend tailing Freak and another guy, but I killed it last week following the same guys. I have a weekly bankroll of $500 and a season roll of $2500. I dont gamble more than I can afford to lose. Too many of these guys crying about Freak's pics this week are degenerates. They dont know a thing about bankroll management and go all in on a few bets.

    Freak- If you read this I want to tell you I appreciate your insight very much. I hope you will continue to post your thoughts if nothing else. Lets go get it back this week!
    Reply
    I have been a member of Covers for about 5 years now, and only post 4-5 times a year. These trollers are bull$h!t. Freak is the main reason I come to this forum. I got killed this weekend tailing Freak and another guy, but I killed it last week following the same guys. I have a weekly bankroll of $500 and a season roll of $2500. I dont gamble more than I can afford to lose. Too many of these guys crying about Freak's pics this week are degenerates. They dont know a thing about bankroll management and go all in on a few bets.

    Freak- If you read this I want to tell you I appreciate your insight very much. I hope you will continue to post your thoughts if nothing else. Lets go get it back this week!
     
    traderjoe13
    traderjoe13
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2012
    Posts: 696
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 9:28 AM ET #302

    @jimmy
    Thank u for adding to the forum!! Weeks like this happen! Get em week 3!!????
    Reply
    @jimmy
    Thank u for adding to the forum!! Weeks like this happen! Get em week 3!!????
     
    Win4Ever
    Win4Ever
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2015
    Posts: 1830
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 9:52 AM ET #303

    I think most people who have been here long enough to distinguish who the real posters are.  Don't let the turds spoil it for you.  Some bad beats Saturday.  Things even out.  Back on the grind for week 3.  Lets go!
    Reply
    I think most people who have been here long enough to distinguish who the real posters are.  Don't let the turds spoil it for you.  Some bad beats Saturday.  Things even out.  Back on the grind for week 3.  Lets go!
     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 12:43 PM ET #304

    My Week 2 struggles continue to haunt me. I went 6 & 7 on regular plays, 0 & 2 on UDML, and 1 & 2 on "Best Bets" Despite the Week 2 carnage, I still had a chance to squeak out a small profit had Texas Tech won, but it was not to be.

    Overall I am now 18 & 11 on regular plays (62.1 %), 4 & 3 (57.1%) Best Bets - which is really bad for me - and 0 & 2 on UDML plays. My weekend was saved by me going a miraculous 6 & 0 on NFL yesterday!

    Time to shake off Week 2, and move boldly on to Week 3!!!

    Week 2 Results:

    Saturday Early Games:

    Penn State @ Pittsburgh UNDER 24 (1st Half)

    Cincinnati @ Purdue +5

    Georgia State +21 -120 @ Air Force

    Saturday Afternoon Games:

    Western Kentucky @ Alabama UNDER 34 (1st Half)

    Western Kentucky @ Alabama -11.5 (2nd Half)

    Kentucky @ Florida UNDER 26 (1st Half)

    Kentucky @ Florida -6.5 (2nd Half)


    Middle Tennessee State +4 @ Vanderbilt

    Wofford +44.5 @ Mississippi

    Saturday Night Games:

    Georgia Southern -13.5 @ South Alabama

    South Carolina +7.5 @ Mississippi State ** Best Bet **

    South Carolina ML +240 @ Mississippi State

    Northern Illinois @ South Florida -15.5 ** Best Bet **

    North Carolina @ Illinois +7 ** Best Bet **

    North Carolina @ Illinois ML +225

    Iowa State @ Iowa UNDER 27 (1st Half)

    Arkansas State +21 -120 @ Auburn

    Saturday Late Game:

    Texas Tech ML-101 @ Arizona State



    Reply

    My Week 2 struggles continue to haunt me. I went 6 & 7 on regular plays, 0 & 2 on UDML, and 1 & 2 on "Best Bets" Despite the Week 2 carnage, I still had a chance to squeak out a small profit had Texas Tech won, but it was not to be.

    Overall I am now 18 & 11 on regular plays (62.1 %), 4 & 3 (57.1%) Best Bets - which is really bad for me - and 0 & 2 on UDML plays. My weekend was saved by me going a miraculous 6 & 0 on NFL yesterday!

    Time to shake off Week 2, and move boldly on to Week 3!!!

    Week 2 Results:

    Saturday Early Games:

    Penn State @ Pittsburgh UNDER 24 (1st Half)

    Cincinnati @ Purdue +5

    Georgia State +21 -120 @ Air Force

    Saturday Afternoon Games:

    Western Kentucky @ Alabama UNDER 34 (1st Half)

    Western Kentucky @ Alabama -11.5 (2nd Half)

    Kentucky @ Florida UNDER 26 (1st Half)

    Kentucky @ Florida -6.5 (2nd Half)


    Middle Tennessee State +4 @ Vanderbilt

    Wofford +44.5 @ Mississippi

    Saturday Night Games:

    Georgia Southern -13.5 @ South Alabama

    South Carolina +7.5 @ Mississippi State ** Best Bet **

    South Carolina ML +240 @ Mississippi State

    Northern Illinois @ South Florida -15.5 ** Best Bet **

    North Carolina @ Illinois +7 ** Best Bet **

    North Carolina @ Illinois ML +225

    Iowa State @ Iowa UNDER 27 (1st Half)

    Arkansas State +21 -120 @ Auburn

    Saturday Late Game:

    Texas Tech ML-101 @ Arizona State



     
    tideman
    tideman
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2006
    Posts: 4810
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 12:48 PM ET #305

    Good luck this week Jimmy       
    Reply
    Good luck this week Jimmy       
     
    ParlaySucker
    ParlaySucker
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2010
    Posts: 684
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 12:50 PM ET #306

    That's why it's called gambling.  Let's move on to this week.  Can't wait to read your insights for Week 3 Jimmy 
    Reply
    That's why it's called gambling.  Let's move on to this week.  Can't wait to read your insights for Week 3 Jimmy 
     
    Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2013
    Posts: 5611
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 12:51 PM ET #307

    Take it to the pay window Jimmy, and I am looking forward to meeting you there!
    SNITCHES end up being bitches, or end up with stitches, and in ditches! #REALITY
    Reply
    Take it to the pay window Jimmy, and I am looking forward to meeting you there!
     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 1:00 PM ET #308

    Week 2 Results:

    Saturday Early Games:

    Penn State @ Pittsburgh UNDER 24 (1st Half) 

    Cincinnati @ Purdue +5 

    Georgia State +21 -120 @ Air Force 

    Saturday Afternoon Games:

    Western Kentucky @ Alabama UNDER 34 (1st Half) 

    Western Kentucky @ Alabama -11.5 (2nd Half) 

    Kentucky @ Florida UNDER 26 (1st Half) 

    Kentucky @ Florida -6.5 (2nd Half) 


    Middle Tennessee State +4 @ Vanderbilt 

    Wofford +44.5 @ Mississippi 

    Saturday Night Games:

    Georgia Southern -13.5 @ South Alabama 

    South Carolina +7.5 @ Mississippi State ** Best Bet ** 

    South Carolina ML +240 @ Mississippi State 

    Northern Illinois @ South Florida -15.5 ** Best Bet ** 

    North Carolina @ Illinois +7 ** Best Bet ** 

    North Carolina @ Illinois ML +225 

    Iowa State @ Iowa UNDER 27 (1st Half) 

    Arkansas State +21 -120 @ Auburn 

    Saturday Late Game:

    Texas Tech ML-101 @ Arizona State 

    Reply

    Week 2 Results:

    Saturday Early Games:

    Penn State @ Pittsburgh UNDER 24 (1st Half) 

    Cincinnati @ Purdue +5 

    Georgia State +21 -120 @ Air Force 

    Saturday Afternoon Games:

    Western Kentucky @ Alabama UNDER 34 (1st Half) 

    Western Kentucky @ Alabama -11.5 (2nd Half) 

    Kentucky @ Florida UNDER 26 (1st Half) 

    Kentucky @ Florida -6.5 (2nd Half) 


    Middle Tennessee State +4 @ Vanderbilt 

    Wofford +44.5 @ Mississippi 

    Saturday Night Games:

    Georgia Southern -13.5 @ South Alabama 

    South Carolina +7.5 @ Mississippi State ** Best Bet ** 

    South Carolina ML +240 @ Mississippi State 

    Northern Illinois @ South Florida -15.5 ** Best Bet ** 

    North Carolina @ Illinois +7 ** Best Bet ** 

    North Carolina @ Illinois ML +225 

    Iowa State @ Iowa UNDER 27 (1st Half) 

    Arkansas State +21 -120 @ Auburn 

    Saturday Late Game:

    Texas Tech ML-101 @ Arizona State 

     
    hatrick13
    hatrick13
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2016
    Posts: 27
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 1:11 PM ET #309

    appreciate your picks and insight jimmy...trailed some of your ncaaf picks and realize its ultimately my decision to place wagers...that being said i look forward to more of your picks....do u post your nfl picks as well?
    Reply
    appreciate your picks and insight jimmy...trailed some of your ncaaf picks and realize its ultimately my decision to place wagers...that being said i look forward to more of your picks....do u post your nfl picks as well?
     
    Shua12collegeFB
    Shua12collegeFB
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2016
    Posts: 393
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 1:52 PM ET #310

    I thought you parlayed your BB with every other bet. Shouldn't that result in much more losses? GL jimmy, you are a good capper. 

    I just know you parlay your reg. Plays with all your best bets, so when the BB don't come through, the bankroll goes up in flames. 
    Reply
    I thought you parlayed your BB with every other bet. Shouldn't that result in much more losses? GL jimmy, you are a good capper. 

    I just know you parlay your reg. Plays with all your best bets, so when the BB don't come through, the bankroll goes up in flames. 
     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 2:12 PM ET #311

    Quote Originally Posted by Shua12collegeFB:

    I thought you parlayed your BB with every other bet. Shouldn't that result in much more losses? GL jimmy, you are a good capper. 

    I just know you parlay your reg. Plays with all your best bets, so when the BB don't come through, the bankroll goes up in flames. 

    I would have to go through all of my plays to tell you how it fell but, after winning all of my parlays in week 1, I lost them all in week 2.

    I started the week by winning 3 units on Louisville - a play I didn't post.

    Then I bet one unit an all three early plays, plus a one unit 3-team parlay.  All were losers.  At that point I was down one unit plus vig.

    Then I bet 1 unit on my afternoon plays, and I unit on a parlay.  Then I had 3 units on my two second half plays - both winners.

    Then I bet 5 units on South Florida and South Carolina, and 1 unit on everything else.  I meant to bet 5 units on Illinois, but mistakenly only put it in for 1.  I lost two more units on parlays.  At this point I was down slightly, pending my Texas Tech play, which I played for 3 units.  Had Texas Tech hit, I would have been up slightly.

    ^^^  This is why I hate trying to keep track of units, because it's almost impossible!

     

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Shua12collegeFB:

    I thought you parlayed your BB with every other bet. Shouldn't that result in much more losses? GL jimmy, you are a good capper. 

    I just know you parlay your reg. Plays with all your best bets, so when the BB don't come through, the bankroll goes up in flames. 

    I would have to go through all of my plays to tell you how it fell but, after winning all of my parlays in week 1, I lost them all in week 2.

    I started the week by winning 3 units on Louisville - a play I didn't post.

    Then I bet one unit an all three early plays, plus a one unit 3-team parlay.  All were losers.  At that point I was down one unit plus vig.

    Then I bet 1 unit on my afternoon plays, and I unit on a parlay.  Then I had 3 units on my two second half plays - both winners.

    Then I bet 5 units on South Florida and South Carolina, and 1 unit on everything else.  I meant to bet 5 units on Illinois, but mistakenly only put it in for 1.  I lost two more units on parlays.  At this point I was down slightly, pending my Texas Tech play, which I played for 3 units.  Had Texas Tech hit, I would have been up slightly.

    ^^^  This is why I hate trying to keep track of units, because it's almost impossible!

     

     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 2:21 PM ET #312

    Quote Originally Posted by hatrick13:

    appreciate your picks and insight jimmy...trailed some of your ncaaf picks and realize its ultimately my decision to place wagers...that being said i look forward to more of your picks....do u post your nfl picks as well?

    This is how my NFL went this week.

    I was awakened by phone call from a friend early Sunday morning.  He was looking for three NFL picks.  At that point I had not even looked at the card.  I had no clue who was even playing who.  In other words, I had handicapped a grand total of zero NFL games.  Anyhow, after looking at the card, I decided to take a flyer on some early games.  I went with Tampa, Houston & Oakland - all three winners.  That emboldened me to wager on some late games.  So I went with the NY Giants, Detroit and New England - again all three covered.

    So I handicapped no NFL games whatsoever, wagered anyhow, and went 6 & 0 - something that is almost impossible to do in the NFL.  Go figure!!!

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by hatrick13:

    appreciate your picks and insight jimmy...trailed some of your ncaaf picks and realize its ultimately my decision to place wagers...that being said i look forward to more of your picks....do u post your nfl picks as well?

    This is how my NFL went this week.

    I was awakened by phone call from a friend early Sunday morning.  He was looking for three NFL picks.  At that point I had not even looked at the card.  I had no clue who was even playing who.  In other words, I had handicapped a grand total of zero NFL games.  Anyhow, after looking at the card, I decided to take a flyer on some early games.  I went with Tampa, Houston & Oakland - all three winners.  That emboldened me to wager on some late games.  So I went with the NY Giants, Detroit and New England - again all three covered.

    So I handicapped no NFL games whatsoever, wagered anyhow, and went 6 & 0 - something that is almost impossible to do in the NFL.  Go figure!!!

     

     
    toft33
    toft33
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 443
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 3:36 PM ET #313


    62.1% is bad?  Holy Moly Jimmy!! - if that's the case, give me "bad" every weekend. 

    Was dreading coming back to this thread today, because, sure enough, the haters come out. 

    Just do what you do. I wouldn't dump my Apple Stock for a down year and I wouldn't start fading you. 

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmydafreak:

    My Week 2 struggles continue to haunt me. I went 6 & 7 on regular plays, 0 & 2 on UDML, and 1 & 2 on "Best Bets" Despite the Week 2 carnage, I still had a chance to squeak out a small profit had Texas Tech won, but it was not to be.

    Overall I am now 18 & 11 on regular plays (62.1 %), 4 & 3 (57.1%) Best Bets - which is really bad for me - and 0 & 2 on UDML plays. My weekend was saved by me going a miraculous 6 & 0 on NFL yesterday!

    Time to shake off Week 2, and move boldly on to Week 3!!!

    Week 2 Results:

    Saturday Early Games:

    Penn State @ Pittsburgh UNDER 24 (1st Half)

    Cincinnati @ Purdue +5

    Georgia State +21 -120 @ Air Force

    Saturday Afternoon Games:

    Western Kentucky @ Alabama UNDER 34 (1st Half)

    Western Kentucky @ Alabama -11.5 (2nd Half)

    Kentucky @ Florida UNDER 26 (1st Half)

    Kentucky @ Florida -6.5 (2nd Half)


    Middle Tennessee State +4 @ Vanderbilt

    Wofford +44.5 @ Mississippi

    Saturday Night Games:

    Georgia Southern -13.5 @ South Alabama

    South Carolina +7.5 @ Mississippi State ** Best Bet **

    South Carolina ML +240 @ Mississippi State

    Northern Illinois @ South Florida -15.5 ** Best Bet **

    North Carolina @ Illinois +7 ** Best Bet **

    North Carolina @ Illinois ML +225

    Iowa State @ Iowa UNDER 27 (1st Half)

    Arkansas State +21 -120 @ Auburn

    Saturday Late Game:

    Texas Tech ML-101 @ Arizona State



    Reply

    62.1% is bad?  Holy Moly Jimmy!! - if that's the case, give me "bad" every weekend. 

    Was dreading coming back to this thread today, because, sure enough, the haters come out. 

    Just do what you do. I wouldn't dump my Apple Stock for a down year and I wouldn't start fading you. 

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmydafreak:

    My Week 2 struggles continue to haunt me. I went 6 & 7 on regular plays, 0 & 2 on UDML, and 1 & 2 on "Best Bets" Despite the Week 2 carnage, I still had a chance to squeak out a small profit had Texas Tech won, but it was not to be.

    Overall I am now 18 & 11 on regular plays (62.1 %), 4 & 3 (57.1%) Best Bets - which is really bad for me - and 0 & 2 on UDML plays. My weekend was saved by me going a miraculous 6 & 0 on NFL yesterday!

    Time to shake off Week 2, and move boldly on to Week 3!!!

    Week 2 Results:

    Saturday Early Games:

    Penn State @ Pittsburgh UNDER 24 (1st Half)

    Cincinnati @ Purdue +5

    Georgia State +21 -120 @ Air Force

    Saturday Afternoon Games:

    Western Kentucky @ Alabama UNDER 34 (1st Half)

    Western Kentucky @ Alabama -11.5 (2nd Half)

    Kentucky @ Florida UNDER 26 (1st Half)

    Kentucky @ Florida -6.5 (2nd Half)


    Middle Tennessee State +4 @ Vanderbilt

    Wofford +44.5 @ Mississippi

    Saturday Night Games:

    Georgia Southern -13.5 @ South Alabama

    South Carolina +7.5 @ Mississippi State ** Best Bet **

    South Carolina ML +240 @ Mississippi State

    Northern Illinois @ South Florida -15.5 ** Best Bet **

    North Carolina @ Illinois +7 ** Best Bet **

    North Carolina @ Illinois ML +225

    Iowa State @ Iowa UNDER 27 (1st Half)

    Arkansas State +21 -120 @ Auburn

    Saturday Late Game:

    Texas Tech ML-101 @ Arizona State



     
    puffkit
    puffkit
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2013
    Posts: 143
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 3:43 PM ET #314

    jimmy, 

    they once asked jack nicklaus how he handled the mental aspect of opening with a couple of bogeys in a round and if that got him down.....he said it was the opposite....he was glad to get them out of the way. same for your best bets......keep grinding......looking forward to week 3

    appreciate all your work 
    Reply
    jimmy, 

    they once asked jack nicklaus how he handled the mental aspect of opening with a couple of bogeys in a round and if that got him down.....he said it was the opposite....he was glad to get them out of the way. same for your best bets......keep grinding......looking forward to week 3

    appreciate all your work 
     
    MarkDogg2014
    MarkDogg2014
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2014
    Posts: 1459
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 4:39 PM ET #315

    its a grind...its a marathon not a sprint folks
    Reply
    its a grind...its a marathon not a sprint folks
     
    canvasback75
    canvasback75
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2011
    Posts: 121
    Posted: Sep. 12, 2016 - 11:27 PM ET #316

    Ok 4 safe smart plays week 3. Florida St. Ohio St. Michigan. Notre Dame.
    Reply
    Ok 4 safe smart plays week 3. Florida St. Ohio St. Michigan. Notre Dame.
     
    MBDAN
    MBDAN
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 3358
    Posted: Sep. 13, 2016 - 12:19 AM ET #317

    Quote Originally Posted by canvasback75:

    Ok 4 safe smart plays week 3. Florida St. Ohio St. Michigan. Notre Dame.

    Hey dumb dumb...no one gives a fukk about your plays. Start your own thread if you feel the need to post.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by canvasback75:

    Ok 4 safe smart plays week 3. Florida St. Ohio St. Michigan. Notre Dame.

    Hey dumb dumb...no one gives a fukk about your plays. Start your own thread if you feel the need to post.
     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Sep. 13, 2016 - 2:27 AM ET #318

    Quote Originally Posted by canvasback75:

    Ok 4 safe smart plays week 3. Florida St. Ohio St. Michigan. Notre Dame.

    Florida State is a much deeper team than Louisville, so I think a second half bet may be the way to go.

    I like Ohio State.  Bob Stoops vs. Urban Meyer.  Nuff said.

    Colorado has looked good so far this season, but it's hard to go against this Michigan team right now.

    I lean Michigan State.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by canvasback75:

    Ok 4 safe smart plays week 3. Florida St. Ohio St. Michigan. Notre Dame.

    Florida State is a much deeper team than Louisville, so I think a second half bet may be the way to go.

    I like Ohio State.  Bob Stoops vs. Urban Meyer.  Nuff said.

    Colorado has looked good so far this season, but it's hard to go against this Michigan team right now.

    I lean Michigan State.

     
    BrerTiger
    BrerTiger
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2008
    Posts: 420
    Posted: Sep. 13, 2016 - 3:36 AM ET #319

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmydafreak:

    You have much more confidence in Auburn's offense than I do.  As for me, I'll have to see it to believe it, because from what I see, their offensive woes will be a season-long issue.  I doubt the offense scores in the 40s all season.

    Your point about non-offensive touchdowns is well-taken.  I think that's what it will take to cover the three touchdown spread today.

     


    So, you thinking about changing philosophy on Auburn yet?  This team is going to win some games.  It'll be a tough game, but they beat and cover against A&M this week.  Home game, defense will be challenged but will do the job, Sean white lead offense will take the momentum and style from Arkansas state and crack A&M.  

    Auburn 30 vs Texas A&M 17
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmydafreak:

    You have much more confidence in Auburn's offense than I do.  As for me, I'll have to see it to believe it, because from what I see, their offensive woes will be a season-long issue.  I doubt the offense scores in the 40s all season.

    Your point about non-offensive touchdowns is well-taken.  I think that's what it will take to cover the three touchdown spread today.

     


    So, you thinking about changing philosophy on Auburn yet?  This team is going to win some games.  It'll be a tough game, but they beat and cover against A&M this week.  Home game, defense will be challenged but will do the job, Sean white lead offense will take the momentum and style from Arkansas state and crack A&M.  

    Auburn 30 vs Texas A&M 17
     
     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Sep. 13, 2016 - 11:24 AM ET #320

    Quote Originally Posted by BrerTiger:


    So, you thinking about changing philosophy on Auburn yet?  This team is going to win some games.  It'll be a tough game, but they beat and cover against A&M this week.  Home game, defense will be challenged but will do the job, Sean white lead offense will take the momentum and style from Arkansas state and crack A&M.  

    Auburn 30 vs Texas A&M 17

    Great call on the Arky St. game BT!

    By sticking with one QB, Auburn was able to run the up-tempo pace that is the lifeblood of Malzahn's offense, so if you're an Auburn fan, that has to be very encouraging.  That and some of their inexperienced skill position players are really starting to emerge - particularly guys like Tony Stevens and Kyle Davis.  With Sean White at QB, they at least have someone who is a legitimate threat in the passing game, but he is still not much of a threat in the run game - an element that has been a part of every successful Gus Malzahn offense in the past.  Overall this is still a very inexperienced group.

    We'll get a glimpse of what they look like this week against a conference foe, specifically a John Chavis coached defense.  It is clear from Arky St. game that Auburn's offense is starting to find some rhythm, but without a legitimate run threat a QB, I think the advantage clearly rests with Chavis in this matchup.  I think this will probably be another week where Auburn's offense struggles to reach the 20-point mark.

    Defensively, because their front 4 can effectively pressure the QB, it allows the back end of the defense to play coverage.  That makes it very difficult for opposing offenses to hit big plays.  That is a tremendous luxury for a defensive coordinator.  So I do like for Auburn's defense to hold the Aggie offense largely in check.

    In terms of wagering confidence, I really don't have much faith in either team at this point, so this is a game where I will certainly avoid the side.  The home field advantage is huge for Auburn, but in the end this seems like a low-scoring coin flip type of a game.  I think the final score looks more like 23-20.

     

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by BrerTiger:


    So, you thinking about changing philosophy on Auburn yet?  This team is going to win some games.  It'll be a tough game, but they beat and cover against A&M this week.  Home game, defense will be challenged but will do the job, Sean white lead offense will take the momentum and style from Arkansas state and crack A&M.  

    Auburn 30 vs Texas A&M 17

    Great call on the Arky St. game BT!

    By sticking with one QB, Auburn was able to run the up-tempo pace that is the lifeblood of Malzahn's offense, so if you're an Auburn fan, that has to be very encouraging.  That and some of their inexperienced skill position players are really starting to emerge - particularly guys like Tony Stevens and Kyle Davis.  With Sean White at QB, they at least have someone who is a legitimate threat in the passing game, but he is still not much of a threat in the run game - an element that has been a part of every successful Gus Malzahn offense in the past.  Overall this is still a very inexperienced group.

    We'll get a glimpse of what they look like this week against a conference foe, specifically a John Chavis coached defense.  It is clear from Arky St. game that Auburn's offense is starting to find some rhythm, but without a legitimate run threat a QB, I think the advantage clearly rests with Chavis in this matchup.  I think this will probably be another week where Auburn's offense struggles to reach the 20-point mark.

    Defensively, because their front 4 can effectively pressure the QB, it allows the back end of the defense to play coverage.  That makes it very difficult for opposing offenses to hit big plays.  That is a tremendous luxury for a defensive coordinator.  So I do like for Auburn's defense to hold the Aggie offense largely in check.

    In terms of wagering confidence, I really don't have much faith in either team at this point, so this is a game where I will certainly avoid the side.  The home field advantage is huge for Auburn, but in the end this seems like a low-scoring coin flip type of a game.  I think the final score looks more like 23-20.

     

    All Forums | College Football
    «First Previous 123 ... 111213

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Claiming Prizes 57,673
    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,321
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,052
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,789
    • MLB Playoffs 5,524
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,449
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 5,968
    • Sunday nFl Wk 4 7,032
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,298
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,019

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.