• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | College Football

    Bowl Thread 2007....

    «First Previous 12345 Next Last»
    throwback420
    CollegeDave
    CapOrDie
    lindetrain
    StraightShooter
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 8404
    Posts: 106
    «First Previous 12345 Next Last»
     
    throwback420
    throwback420
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2005
    Posts: 44449
    Posted: Dec. 24, 2007 - 1:47 AM ET #76

    Damn dude that is brutal.

     

    Whats the rest of your Bowl games look like ? 

    Reply

    Damn dude that is brutal.

     

    Whats the rest of your Bowl games look like ? 

     
    CollegeDave
    CollegeDave
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 36
    Posted: Dec. 24, 2007 - 2:11 AM ET #77

    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyebomb:

    Dont let a few games phase you bro...  Take a couple days off and Enjoy yourself this Christmas!!!
     
    Come back and crack em to finish strong 
     
     
     
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyebomb:

    Dont let a few games phase you bro...  Take a couple days off and Enjoy yourself this Christmas!!!
     
    Come back and crack em to finish strong 
     
     
     
     
    CapOrDie
    CapOrDie
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 7937
    Posted: Dec. 24, 2007 - 2:24 AM ET #78

    you are the last person i would think to give up a couple games in man
     
    bowl season is just beginning and these dogs will be barking
     
    central michigan is up next and they will cover and win outright.
     
    maryland, msu, air force, fresno state, A&M, UVA....
     
    you cannot pass up the opportunity to play these dogs.
     
    i anticipate a hot streak coming on soon, i think the bowl season is just what you need to get back on your feet 
     
    good luck man
    Reply
    you are the last person i would think to give up a couple games in man
     
    bowl season is just beginning and these dogs will be barking
     
    central michigan is up next and they will cover and win outright.
     
    maryland, msu, air force, fresno state, A&M, UVA....
     
    you cannot pass up the opportunity to play these dogs.
     
    i anticipate a hot streak coming on soon, i think the bowl season is just what you need to get back on your feet 
     
    good luck man
     
    lindetrain
    lindetrain
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 5367
    Posted: Dec. 24, 2007 - 2:58 AM ET #79

     
    Sometimes you just gotta cut your losses and call it a day...that UNM game definitely looks like a sign to me.  Pretty shitty that you never got in much of a groove this year, but it's been a weird one, and I don't think many people have done well.
    Reply
     
    Sometimes you just gotta cut your losses and call it a day...that UNM game definitely looks like a sign to me.  Pretty shitty that you never got in much of a groove this year, but it's been a weird one, and I don't think many people have done well.
     
    StraightShooter
    StraightShooter
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 23227
    Posted: Dec. 24, 2007 - 11:56 AM ET #80

    Reply
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Dec. 24, 2007 - 12:45 PM ET #81

    No big deal - just a business decision.
     
    If you have one part of your business that is losing money, cut it out and examine it and see if it can be profitable.
     
    But remember something to my haters who post above - this is just one slice of the pie.  It has been a profitable year for me - as have the last many - because I treat it like a business and because I make decisions like these.  Unlike you - I dont need action on the Bluebonnet bowl to make my Tuesday night fly by, and I dont bet my rent money either.
     
    Its all about business.  The other divisions of my business such as NFL have been profitable for me so I will take my profits and finish out NFL and sit until MLB.
     
    Oh - and if you believe in "karma" you might want to stop gambling.  And if you think I have bad karma, I wish you nothing but the same.
     
    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    No big deal - just a business decision.
     
    If you have one part of your business that is losing money, cut it out and examine it and see if it can be profitable.
     
    But remember something to my haters who post above - this is just one slice of the pie.  It has been a profitable year for me - as have the last many - because I treat it like a business and because I make decisions like these.  Unlike you - I dont need action on the Bluebonnet bowl to make my Tuesday night fly by, and I dont bet my rent money either.
     
    Its all about business.  The other divisions of my business such as NFL have been profitable for me so I will take my profits and finish out NFL and sit until MLB.
     
    Oh - and if you believe in "karma" you might want to stop gambling.  And if you think I have bad karma, I wish you nothing but the same.
     
     
    gotime
    gotime
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 2907
    Posted: Dec. 24, 2007 - 4:07 PM ET #82

    Vanzack I really like your thinking. This is all business. I have seperate bankrolls for different sports and like stocks some lose and some win. Your post is the best advice I have read on this forum.
    Reply
    Vanzack I really like your thinking. This is all business. I have seperate bankrolls for different sports and like stocks some lose and some win. Your post is the best advice I have read on this forum.
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Dec. 24, 2007 - 4:27 PM ET #83

    Quote Originally Posted by gotime:

    Vanzack I really like your thinking. This is all business. I have seperate bankrolls for different sports and like stocks some lose and some win. Your post is the best advice I have read on this forum.

    Thanks Mom, I will see you tomorrow at Christmas dinner.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by gotime:

    Vanzack I really like your thinking. This is all business. I have seperate bankrolls for different sports and like stocks some lose and some win. Your post is the best advice I have read on this forum.

    Thanks Mom, I will see you tomorrow at Christmas dinner.

     
    RonJon
    RonJon
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2005
    Posts: 3231
    Posted: Dec. 24, 2007 - 4:34 PM ET #84

    wow...fade material  gl on your next pick
    Reply
    wow...fade material  gl on your next pick
     
    Leisure_king
    Leisure_king
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 205
    Posted: Dec. 24, 2007 - 11:11 PM ET #85

    I hope to see your posts in the nfl forum.
    Reply
    I hope to see your posts in the nfl forum.
     
    Rush51
    Rush51
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 8841
    Posted: Dec. 25, 2007 - 1:06 AM ET #86

    Good point, Van.  The need to have action on every or most bowl games can be bad news for anybody's wallet.

    About the only thing that has saved my ass so far is only betting on one game... and that was BYU.

    Sound money management will always get the job done in  the long run.
    Reply
    Good point, Van.  The need to have action on every or most bowl games can be bad news for anybody's wallet.

    About the only thing that has saved my ass so far is only betting on one game... and that was BYU.

    Sound money management will always get the job done in  the long run.
     
    MuEagles79
    MuEagles79
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2006
    Posts: 3286
    Posted: Dec. 25, 2007 - 1:32 AM ET #87

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    No big deal - just a business decision.
     
    If you have one part of your business that is losing money, cut it out and examine it and see if it can be profitable.
     
    But remember something to my haters who post above - this is just one slice of the pie.  It has been a profitable year for me - as have the last many - because I treat it like a business and because I make decisions like these.  Unlike you - I dont need action on the Bluebonnet bowl to make my Tuesday night fly by, and I dont bet my rent money either.
     
    Its all about business.  The other divisions of my business such as NFL have been profitable for me so I will take my profits and finish out NFL and sit until MLB.
     
    Oh - and if you believe in "karma" you might want to stop gambling.  And if you think I have bad karma, I wish you nothing but the same.
     

    even when you are on a cold streak, you are teaching the folks around here how a professional does it.

    will be looking for the NFL playoff picks when they come around

    till then...Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    No big deal - just a business decision.
     
    If you have one part of your business that is losing money, cut it out and examine it and see if it can be profitable.
     
    But remember something to my haters who post above - this is just one slice of the pie.  It has been a profitable year for me - as have the last many - because I treat it like a business and because I make decisions like these.  Unlike you - I dont need action on the Bluebonnet bowl to make my Tuesday night fly by, and I dont bet my rent money either.
     
    Its all about business.  The other divisions of my business such as NFL have been profitable for me so I will take my profits and finish out NFL and sit until MLB.
     
    Oh - and if you believe in "karma" you might want to stop gambling.  And if you think I have bad karma, I wish you nothing but the same.
     

    even when you are on a cold streak, you are teaching the folks around here how a professional does it.

    will be looking for the NFL playoff picks when they come around

    till then...Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

     
    buckubad
    buckubad
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2004
    Posts: 13403
    Posted: Dec. 25, 2007 - 1:39 AM ET #88

    Reply
     
    tjm2678
    tjm2678
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 843
    Posted: Dec. 25, 2007 - 12:12 PM ET #89

    COWARD
    Reply
    COWARD
     
    HowWinWolf
    HowWinWolf
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 7729
    Posted: Dec. 25, 2007 - 1:20 PM ET #90

    Hope you rebound. Losing sucks!!!
    Reply
    Hope you rebound. Losing sucks!!!
     
    looneyguy
    looneyguy
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2007
    Posts: 715
    Posted: Dec. 25, 2007 - 8:52 PM ET #91

    weren't you bragging somewhere in the pbox that the bowl games are 40 something percent of your plays or income.  thought so.
    Reply
    weren't you bragging somewhere in the pbox that the bowl games are 40 something percent of your plays or income.  thought so.
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Dec. 25, 2007 - 8:59 PM ET #92

    Quote Originally Posted by looneyguy:

    weren't you bragging somewhere in the pbox that the bowl games are 40 something percent of your plays or income.  thought so.

    Wrong guy pal.

    But thanks for counting my money for me, and thanks for caring.

    I would never make a stupid statement like that - a statement like that doesnt even enter my vocabulary.

    Its funny how many people care so much about what I decide to do with my gambling, and no matter what they find something to be unhappy about.  This is not earth shattering news.  Everyone loses sometime, thats gambling.  If this was the worst season I will ever have I will be very happy.

     I assume you have a lot to worry about with yourself, why not give that a try for a while.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by looneyguy:

    weren't you bragging somewhere in the pbox that the bowl games are 40 something percent of your plays or income.  thought so.

    Wrong guy pal.

    But thanks for counting my money for me, and thanks for caring.

    I would never make a stupid statement like that - a statement like that doesnt even enter my vocabulary.

    Its funny how many people care so much about what I decide to do with my gambling, and no matter what they find something to be unhappy about.  This is not earth shattering news.  Everyone loses sometime, thats gambling.  If this was the worst season I will ever have I will be very happy.

     I assume you have a lot to worry about with yourself, why not give that a try for a while.

     
    Dickson Cider
    Dickson Cider
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2002
    Posts: 9038
    Posted: Dec. 25, 2007 - 9:18 PM ET #93

    Van- Do whatever you feel is right but it can be turned around, I have seen it done. A couple of years ago, I started out 0-6 in the bowl games and ended up 19-10 and up almost 16 units. I know you can cap better than this and I will be the first to say that the regular season in CFB sucked for me as well, but I look forward to the bowl season every year
    Reply
    Van- Do whatever you feel is right but it can be turned around, I have seen it done. A couple of years ago, I started out 0-6 in the bowl games and ended up 19-10 and up almost 16 units. I know you can cap better than this and I will be the first to say that the regular season in CFB sucked for me as well, but I look forward to the bowl season every year
     
    umgmu
    umgmu
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 47762
    Posted: Dec. 26, 2007 - 1:28 AM ET #94

    Vanzack knows his stuff fellas -cut him a break ,,,
     
    Just like the stock market, gambling should be treated as a Business ...
     
    I'm more successful when I treat it that way ..
    Reply
    Vanzack knows his stuff fellas -cut him a break ,,,
     
    Just like the stock market, gambling should be treated as a Business ...
     
    I'm more successful when I treat it that way ..
     
    mossyoakcamo
    mossyoakcamo
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 1422
    Posted: Dec. 26, 2007 - 2:09 AM ET #95

    Hey looneyguy.........if you are so quick to jump on a "Legend" like Vanzack, here at Covers..........why don't you start posting your plays............you pile of sh**! Better yet........just go away!
    Reply
    Hey looneyguy.........if you are so quick to jump on a "Legend" like Vanzack, here at Covers..........why don't you start posting your plays............you pile of sh**! Better yet........just go away!
     
    throwback420
    throwback420
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2005
    Posts: 44449
    Posted: Dec. 27, 2007 - 4:42 AM ET #96

    did you have Cmu or Purdue ?
     
    Tejas or ZOna st ?
     
     
    Reply
    did you have Cmu or Purdue ?
     
    Tejas or ZOna st ?
     
     
     
    cdl6449
    cdl6449
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2006
    Posts: 7053
    Posted: Dec. 27, 2007 - 8:45 AM ET #97

    Didn't you forget a few of these brokeback420?
    Reply
    Didn't you forget a few of these brokeback420?
     
    RickDaRulah
    RickDaRulah
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 590
    Posted: Dec. 27, 2007 - 12:14 PM ET #98

    Van -- Have you stopped posting your bowl picks? Looking forward to you insight...
    Reply
    Van -- Have you stopped posting your bowl picks? Looking forward to you insight...
     
    HutchEmAll
    HutchEmAll
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 38704
    Posted: Dec. 27, 2007 - 12:27 PM ET #99

    It is amazing how some people need to revel in someone else's misfortune in order to make their day better. 
     
    vanzack might be blunt.  He might not be the best handicapper on the site.  But he's honest and he's also right almost all the time (and I'm not talking record or anything like that....I'm talking a general approach to sports wagering). 
     
    Once again, it's the people who let their emotions get in the way that are coming out with the ,s. 
     
    He said "uncle" on the NCAA football season.  What is the shame in that?  I'd bet my life savings that there are a lot of people who wish they had the objectivity to make such a decision.  In a arena where everyone does just about anything to make sense out of stuff that often doesn't make sense, here is someone making the an ultimate decision about who is in charge so to speak. 
     
    You have someone who is honest, interesting in discussing sports wagering and all that it encompasses, willing to answer any reasonable question, and calls someone a moron if they, indeed, are a moron.  I fail to see the bad in that. 
     
    van, I'm not ready to have your child or anything, but sometimes you have to call a spade a spade even if it sounds a bit
     
    Enjoy the time off...hope you'll continue to post comments and educate the pathetic while you're taking it easy. 
     
    Reply
    It is amazing how some people need to revel in someone else's misfortune in order to make their day better. 
     
    vanzack might be blunt.  He might not be the best handicapper on the site.  But he's honest and he's also right almost all the time (and I'm not talking record or anything like that....I'm talking a general approach to sports wagering). 
     
    Once again, it's the people who let their emotions get in the way that are coming out with the ,s. 
     
    He said "uncle" on the NCAA football season.  What is the shame in that?  I'd bet my life savings that there are a lot of people who wish they had the objectivity to make such a decision.  In a arena where everyone does just about anything to make sense out of stuff that often doesn't make sense, here is someone making the an ultimate decision about who is in charge so to speak. 
     
    You have someone who is honest, interesting in discussing sports wagering and all that it encompasses, willing to answer any reasonable question, and calls someone a moron if they, indeed, are a moron.  I fail to see the bad in that. 
     
    van, I'm not ready to have your child or anything, but sometimes you have to call a spade a spade even if it sounds a bit
     
    Enjoy the time off...hope you'll continue to post comments and educate the pathetic while you're taking it easy. 
     
     
     
    danstyk
    danstyk
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 1440
    Posted: Dec. 27, 2007 - 12:34 PM ET #100

    Best of luck Van, and thanks for sharing your posts and your insights.  I can tell you you are not alone -- I am about ready to throw in the towel on the bowls as well.  I'm off to a bad start after a good regular season and it's hard to take.


    Reply
    Best of luck Van, and thanks for sharing your posts and your insights.  I can tell you you are not alone -- I am about ready to throw in the towel on the bowls as well.  I'm off to a bad start after a good regular season and it's hard to take.


    All Forums | College Football
    «First Previous 12345 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Claiming Prizes 57,673
    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,325
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,052
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,805
    • MLB Playoffs 5,556
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,449
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 5,996
    • Sunday nFl Wk 4 7,064
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,303
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,019

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.