Obviously I'd prefer the game be tied after 3. Lots at stake but I feel the angle is strong enough (and I'm due after a horrid year in this sport and an even worse day in bases today)
Obviously I'd prefer the game be tied after 3. Lots at stake but I feel the angle is strong enough (and I'm due after a horrid year in this sport and an even worse day in bases today)
Thursday look-ahead... appears to be a dog day for me despite an earlier opinion that Phoenix and Minnesota will win every game left in the regular season.
Chicago @ Minnesota: Both teams in good form after getting their key pieces back. Both capable of a big decisive 2H run. They first played over 2 months ago and Minnesota escaped with a narrow 75-72 win. Whalen should have another huge game against smaller Chicago guards. Depending on the spread, I may look to bet Chicago plus points in the first half. By the way, is EDD scheduled to return to the starting lineup any time soon?
Phoenix @ San Antonio
Believe it or not, the Stars think of themselves as a playoff team and a championship candidate every year. Their playoff record is not stellar but they manage to stay in games. This wasn't the case against the supremely confident Phoenix team two weeks ago when the Mercury just couldn't miss a shot and were up 52-32 at halftime. Such 1Q 'performances' in away games are nothing new for San Antonio.
The first two games of the season tell a completely different story: with Perkins in the lineup, San Antonio had enough shooters to make the defense move... certainly Griner's 5 personal fouls in each of those games can be attributed to good ball movement by San Antonio.
13 of 15 FG attempts by S.A. in their 1Q @ SEA two days ago were JUMP SHOTS. They were down 14-23 after a truly pathetic effort. I may bet San Antonio to cover first quarter as they will - once again - take the court with an upset in mind, and eager to prove that the snoozer in Seattle wasn't their level of play. And neither was the 29 pt loss @ Phoenix on 7/13.
Atlanta @ Seattle
These teams have played some lopsided games in recent past. Nothing would surprise me here. Henry for de Souza most likely favors the Under. But Stricklen and Johnson went 5-for-10 on three pointers in Atlanta in May so...The play is probably Seattle +points. I see a game decided by a last-gasp buzzer beater. By the way, how long is de Souza projected to be out?
Thursday look-ahead... appears to be a dog day for me despite an earlier opinion that Phoenix and Minnesota will win every game left in the regular season.
Chicago @ Minnesota: Both teams in good form after getting their key pieces back. Both capable of a big decisive 2H run. They first played over 2 months ago and Minnesota escaped with a narrow 75-72 win. Whalen should have another huge game against smaller Chicago guards. Depending on the spread, I may look to bet Chicago plus points in the first half. By the way, is EDD scheduled to return to the starting lineup any time soon?
Phoenix @ San Antonio
Believe it or not, the Stars think of themselves as a playoff team and a championship candidate every year. Their playoff record is not stellar but they manage to stay in games. This wasn't the case against the supremely confident Phoenix team two weeks ago when the Mercury just couldn't miss a shot and were up 52-32 at halftime. Such 1Q 'performances' in away games are nothing new for San Antonio.
The first two games of the season tell a completely different story: with Perkins in the lineup, San Antonio had enough shooters to make the defense move... certainly Griner's 5 personal fouls in each of those games can be attributed to good ball movement by San Antonio.
13 of 15 FG attempts by S.A. in their 1Q @ SEA two days ago were JUMP SHOTS. They were down 14-23 after a truly pathetic effort. I may bet San Antonio to cover first quarter as they will - once again - take the court with an upset in mind, and eager to prove that the snoozer in Seattle wasn't their level of play. And neither was the 29 pt loss @ Phoenix on 7/13.
Atlanta @ Seattle
These teams have played some lopsided games in recent past. Nothing would surprise me here. Henry for de Souza most likely favors the Under. But Stricklen and Johnson went 5-for-10 on three pointers in Atlanta in May so...The play is probably Seattle +points. I see a game decided by a last-gasp buzzer beater. By the way, how long is de Souza projected to be out?
It's late so I won't keep the bet for record-keeping purposes, but I'm on NY +6.5 1H handicap. Slightly behind schedule as of 7 minutes to play in the half, down 24-31
It's late so I won't keep the bet for record-keeping purposes, but I'm on NY +6.5 1H handicap. Slightly behind schedule as of 7 minutes to play in the half, down 24-31