• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | The Archives

    Moving to Vegas to become a full time pro handicapper

    «First Previous 189190191 ... 567568569 Next Last»
    BunkMoreland
    JicJac
    Bradyisgreat
    mikeru3
    collegegambler
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 973052
    Posts: 14201
    «First Previous 189190191 ... 567568569 Next Last»
     
    BunkMoreland
    BunkMoreland
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 386
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 3:56 PM ET #4701

    Green leaf
    Can u shut the hell up?
    Another annoying clown in here
    Reply
    Green leaf
    Can u shut the hell up?
    Another annoying clown in here
     
    JicJac
    JicJac
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 5229
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 3:58 PM ET #4702

    Lastly...get your as s in your car after hopefully you win your bet and drive to a William hill book...open an phone acct. drive to a stations casino...open a phone acct. drive to south point...open a phone acct (.10 baseball that's a must too have rather than a .20 cent line)

    and start taking advantage of the tools this city offers you by living in it. What your doing is retarded and had you had an acct the other day..you wouldn't have lost the fla game because while with your family you could have got the number you wanted right on your phone.

    Grow up and learn to live in this town!!!  Tough love here brother!!

    Reply

    Lastly...get your as s in your car after hopefully you win your bet and drive to a William hill book...open an phone acct. drive to a stations casino...open a phone acct. drive to south point...open a phone acct (.10 baseball that's a must too have rather than a .20 cent line)

    and start taking advantage of the tools this city offers you by living in it. What your doing is retarded and had you had an acct the other day..you wouldn't have lost the fla game because while with your family you could have got the number you wanted right on your phone.

    Grow up and learn to live in this town!!!  Tough love here brother!!

     
    Bradyisgreat
    Bradyisgreat
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2011
    Posts: 947
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 3:59 PM ET #4703

    5 K on the Kings. I never thought I would see the day where a 21-40 team against a 49-13 team would be the biggest bet someone has ever made. CG, you are the most honest person ever and for that I hope you win tonight. I have a bad feeling that it will be one of those games that arent competitive at halftime. I hope you win this and go back to normal. But like you said this is your journey but sadly this might make the journey more like a short vacation.
    Reply
    5 K on the Kings. I never thought I would see the day where a 21-40 team against a 49-13 team would be the biggest bet someone has ever made. CG, you are the most honest person ever and for that I hope you win tonight. I have a bad feeling that it will be one of those games that arent competitive at halftime. I hope you win this and go back to normal. But like you said this is your journey but sadly this might make the journey more like a short vacation.
     
    mikeru3
    mikeru3
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 22710
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 3:59 PM ET #4704

    Good luck College Gambler.

    Taters shall tate.

    Roll Tide and goooooo Kings!



    Reply
    Good luck College Gambler.

    Taters shall tate.

    Roll Tide and goooooo Kings!



     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 4:01 PM ET #4705

    I know no1 believes me when I say this but... If the queens do get there a$$ kicked tonight I have already said to myself "I took my shot, I had to with a large play because 5 of my 6 losses in my mind were due to my family distracting me". And I just operate with my 22K new bankroll at my $500 a game. This is a SHOT I had to take tonight not bc I went 0-6 but because of how my routine was thrown off and my process I used to dominate out here first 3.5 weeks with my family now here for 5 of my 6 losses in my epic 0-6 disaster
    Reply
    I know no1 believes me when I say this but... If the queens do get there a$$ kicked tonight I have already said to myself "I took my shot, I had to with a large play because 5 of my 6 losses in my mind were due to my family distracting me". And I just operate with my 22K new bankroll at my $500 a game. This is a SHOT I had to take tonight not bc I went 0-6 but because of how my routine was thrown off and my process I used to dominate out here first 3.5 weeks with my family now here for 5 of my 6 losses in my epic 0-6 disaster
     
    BunkMoreland
    BunkMoreland
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 386
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 4:01 PM ET #4706

    Cg
    Respect man on showing the ticket
    Did wells Fargo give u a hard time?
    Reply
    Cg
    Respect man on showing the ticket
    Did wells Fargo give u a hard time?
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 4:02 PM ET #4707

    Quote Originally Posted by JicJac:

    Lastly...get your as s in your car after hopefully you win your bet and drive to a William hill book...open an phone acct. drive to a stations casino...open a phone acct. drive to south point...open a phone acct (.10 baseball that's a must too have rather than a .20 cent line)

    and start taking advantage of the tools this city offers you by living in it. What your doing is retarded and had you had an acct the other day..you wouldn't have lost the fla game because while with your family you could have got the number you wanted right on your phone.

    Grow up and learn to live in this town!!!  Tough love here brother!!

    One of the reasons I don't think CG will make it to football is hidden in your post above.

    When you have to go out of your way to get 10 cent MLB lines - and that is considered to be the best you can get - that is really paddling upstream.  Betting in to MLB with 10 cent lines is tough as hell.  Cant imagine being able to do it.

    I used to bet in to 1 cent (yes, 1 cent at MB) MLB lines.  With commissions it used to work out to closer to 2 cents - but even at that - with the grind of MLB - it wasn't a sure thing.

    10 cents is suicide IMO.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JicJac:

    Lastly...get your as s in your car after hopefully you win your bet and drive to a William hill book...open an phone acct. drive to a stations casino...open a phone acct. drive to south point...open a phone acct (.10 baseball that's a must too have rather than a .20 cent line)

    and start taking advantage of the tools this city offers you by living in it. What your doing is retarded and had you had an acct the other day..you wouldn't have lost the fla game because while with your family you could have got the number you wanted right on your phone.

    Grow up and learn to live in this town!!!  Tough love here brother!!

    One of the reasons I don't think CG will make it to football is hidden in your post above.

    When you have to go out of your way to get 10 cent MLB lines - and that is considered to be the best you can get - that is really paddling upstream.  Betting in to MLB with 10 cent lines is tough as hell.  Cant imagine being able to do it.

    I used to bet in to 1 cent (yes, 1 cent at MB) MLB lines.  With commissions it used to work out to closer to 2 cents - but even at that - with the grind of MLB - it wasn't a sure thing.

    10 cents is suicide IMO.

     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 4:02 PM ET #4708

    Thanks Brady and Mikey. Ride with the young hothead the CG tonight. In George Karl and the shitt queens I trust
    Reply
    Thanks Brady and Mikey. Ride with the young hothead the CG tonight. In George Karl and the shitt queens I trust
     
    spockgato
    spockgato
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2005
    Posts: 15326
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 4:03 PM ET #4709

    Everyone is too interested , too invested , do some introspection , do you wish it was you ? Be truthful accept it .......
    wallstreetcappers craps in his draws and pees fuckin backwards from his vaj with a squirt.
    Reply
    Everyone is too interested , too invested , do some introspection , do you wish it was you ? Be truthful accept it .......
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 4:03 PM ET #4710

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    CG -

    If you win, you will be asked to fill out what is called a FINCEN report.

    It is not an IRS form.  Don't listen to people here who think they know what they are talking about.  There will be no withholding tax, you aren't going to have to give them 30% - none of that.

    But they are going to ask you for your SS# - and you are going to fill out a FINCEN that says you had 10k in cash on you.  This is the same report you fill out if you go to buy a car with cash, or do anything with over 10k in cash.

    It is not a report of earnings.  In theory - it is not an IRS form although I am sure these forms are auditable if they want it.

    Since you are a professional (as you have told us many times), I am sure you have a tax strategy in place.  So just keep saving your losing tickets, keep up with your gambling journal (this thread), and pay your taxes.  This form should have zero effect on that.

    Also - because you are "professional" - I am sure you will file a schedule C as a professional gambler - so I hope you are keeping receipts that are expensable to your profession.  Like your trip there, Tilapia, MILF expenses, nice blazers, and gas money for line shopping.  You are entitled to write off business expenses that apply to your profession (as I am sure you already know and are keeping meticulous records).


    Instead of cashing it, couldn't he just take the credit for 5 $2000+ tickets and spread it out over the NBA slate tomorrow and then they won't be interested in $10k+ total payout since it won't exist?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    CG -

    If you win, you will be asked to fill out what is called a FINCEN report.

    It is not an IRS form.  Don't listen to people here who think they know what they are talking about.  There will be no withholding tax, you aren't going to have to give them 30% - none of that.

    But they are going to ask you for your SS# - and you are going to fill out a FINCEN that says you had 10k in cash on you.  This is the same report you fill out if you go to buy a car with cash, or do anything with over 10k in cash.

    It is not a report of earnings.  In theory - it is not an IRS form although I am sure these forms are auditable if they want it.

    Since you are a professional (as you have told us many times), I am sure you have a tax strategy in place.  So just keep saving your losing tickets, keep up with your gambling journal (this thread), and pay your taxes.  This form should have zero effect on that.

    Also - because you are "professional" - I am sure you will file a schedule C as a professional gambler - so I hope you are keeping receipts that are expensable to your profession.  Like your trip there, Tilapia, MILF expenses, nice blazers, and gas money for line shopping.  You are entitled to write off business expenses that apply to your profession (as I am sure you already know and are keeping meticulous records).


    Instead of cashing it, couldn't he just take the credit for 5 $2000+ tickets and spread it out over the NBA slate tomorrow and then they won't be interested in $10k+ total payout since it won't exist?
     
    Bluefin
    Bluefin
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 8485
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 4:04 PM ET #4711

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Just google FINCEN report and 10k.

    It is a department of treasury thing.  Not an IRS thing.

    If you walked in to a bar with 10k cash, in order to impress some MILFs, and the bartender saw it - he is supposed to have you file a FINCEN.

    If you went to make a HUGE salad, and your bill was over 10k for the cucumbers, tomatoes, fresh herbs, and feta - and you paid with cash - Albertsons is supposed to have you fill one out.

    It does not show income - although in certain circumstances it could.

    If you bet on a -1000 favorite - and you risked 9500 to win 950, when you collect you would fill one out - even though you only earned 950.  And lets say you made 3 5k wagers (at different books).  You win one and lose two - that means you lost about 6k total - but you would still have to fill out the form for cashing the one you won.

    There isn't even an amount on the form.  It just shows that you had over 10k in cash on you at that time.

    What is the point?  Ask the govt. I am sure they have their reasons, but one of those reasons is not to show income.

    Oh boy federal forms ......AVOID AS MANY AS POSSIBLE...nothing good comes from having your name on them that is a guarantee! 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Just google FINCEN report and 10k.

    It is a department of treasury thing.  Not an IRS thing.

    If you walked in to a bar with 10k cash, in order to impress some MILFs, and the bartender saw it - he is supposed to have you file a FINCEN.

    If you went to make a HUGE salad, and your bill was over 10k for the cucumbers, tomatoes, fresh herbs, and feta - and you paid with cash - Albertsons is supposed to have you fill one out.

    It does not show income - although in certain circumstances it could.

    If you bet on a -1000 favorite - and you risked 9500 to win 950, when you collect you would fill one out - even though you only earned 950.  And lets say you made 3 5k wagers (at different books).  You win one and lose two - that means you lost about 6k total - but you would still have to fill out the form for cashing the one you won.

    There isn't even an amount on the form.  It just shows that you had over 10k in cash on you at that time.

    What is the point?  Ask the govt. I am sure they have their reasons, but one of those reasons is not to show income.

    Oh boy federal forms ......AVOID AS MANY AS POSSIBLE...nothing good comes from having your name on them that is a guarantee! 
     
    Bluefin
    Bluefin
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 8485
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 4:04 PM ET #4712

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Just google FINCEN report and 10k.

    It is a department of treasury thing.  Not an IRS thing.

    If you walked in to a bar with 10k cash, in order to impress some MILFs, and the bartender saw it - he is supposed to have you file a FINCEN.

    If you went to make a HUGE salad, and your bill was over 10k for the cucumbers, tomatoes, fresh herbs, and feta - and you paid with cash - Albertsons is supposed to have you fill one out.

    It does not show income - although in certain circumstances it could.

    If you bet on a -1000 favorite - and you risked 9500 to win 950, when you collect you would fill one out - even though you only earned 950.  And lets say you made 3 5k wagers (at different books).  You win one and lose two - that means you lost about 6k total - but you would still have to fill out the form for cashing the one you won.

    There isn't even an amount on the form.  It just shows that you had over 10k in cash on you at that time.

    What is the point?  Ask the govt. I am sure they have their reasons, but one of those reasons is not to show income.

    Oh boy federal forms ......AVOID AS MANY AS POSSIBLE...nothing good comes from having your name on them that is a guarantee! 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Just google FINCEN report and 10k.

    It is a department of treasury thing.  Not an IRS thing.

    If you walked in to a bar with 10k cash, in order to impress some MILFs, and the bartender saw it - he is supposed to have you file a FINCEN.

    If you went to make a HUGE salad, and your bill was over 10k for the cucumbers, tomatoes, fresh herbs, and feta - and you paid with cash - Albertsons is supposed to have you fill one out.

    It does not show income - although in certain circumstances it could.

    If you bet on a -1000 favorite - and you risked 9500 to win 950, when you collect you would fill one out - even though you only earned 950.  And lets say you made 3 5k wagers (at different books).  You win one and lose two - that means you lost about 6k total - but you would still have to fill out the form for cashing the one you won.

    There isn't even an amount on the form.  It just shows that you had over 10k in cash on you at that time.

    What is the point?  Ask the govt. I am sure they have their reasons, but one of those reasons is not to show income.

    Oh boy federal forms ......AVOID AS MANY AS POSSIBLE...nothing good comes from having your name on them that is a guarantee! 
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 4:04 PM ET #4713

    Quote Originally Posted by BunkMoreland:

    Cg
    Respect man on showing the ticket
    Did wells Fargo give u a hard time?

    WF in Vegas on a Monday?

    5k was probably their smallest cash WD of the day.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by BunkMoreland:

    Cg
    Respect man on showing the ticket
    Did wells Fargo give u a hard time?

    WF in Vegas on a Monday?

    5k was probably their smallest cash WD of the day.

     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 4:06 PM ET #4714

    Bunkmoreland- no wells didn't give me a hard time either. Van last baseball season my bookie had 20 cent lines. I'll def bet all 10 cent lines for bases. Getting anything but 10 cent differences will kill u I agree
    Reply
    Bunkmoreland- no wells didn't give me a hard time either. Van last baseball season my bookie had 20 cent lines. I'll def bet all 10 cent lines for bases. Getting anything but 10 cent differences will kill u I agree
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 4:07 PM ET #4715

    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:


    Instead of cashing it, couldn't he just take the credit for 5 $2000+ tickets and spread it out over the NBA slate tomorrow and then they won't be interested in $10k+ total payout since it won't exist?

    I am not an expert in avoidance strategies with this....

    I have heard people used to get paid with chips instead of cash and this would be the workaround - but I am pretty sure they wont do this anymore.

    I don't know about rolling it over to new tickets.  I do know when you do this they call out "multiple transaction alert" - don't know what this means - but a supervisor comes over.  I am honestly not sure if they do a form at that point or not - or what the hell they do.

     

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:


    Instead of cashing it, couldn't he just take the credit for 5 $2000+ tickets and spread it out over the NBA slate tomorrow and then they won't be interested in $10k+ total payout since it won't exist?

    I am not an expert in avoidance strategies with this....

    I have heard people used to get paid with chips instead of cash and this would be the workaround - but I am pretty sure they wont do this anymore.

    I don't know about rolling it over to new tickets.  I do know when you do this they call out "multiple transaction alert" - don't know what this means - but a supervisor comes over.  I am honestly not sure if they do a form at that point or not - or what the hell they do.

     

     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 4:08 PM ET #4716

    Haha prob so van lol. I took $5500 out obviously to place my bet. I got $40 cash on me. $900 in checking and 22K in bank... And this $5500/$5000 pending... If I win I'll put $5500 right back in my savings tommorow and it will all be peachy in my world again
    Reply
    Haha prob so van lol. I took $5500 out obviously to place my bet. I got $40 cash on me. $900 in checking and 22K in bank... And this $5500/$5000 pending... If I win I'll put $5500 right back in my savings tommorow and it will all be peachy in my world again
     
    Bradyisgreat
    Bradyisgreat
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2011
    Posts: 947
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 4:08 PM ET #4717

    Betting Empire  You are just asking the betting gods to lose this game by 12, arent you? Be humble dude. Dont be a cocky jerk; that is what got you into this mess and praying for a 5K win or being down 4K and a stunning net turn of 10K in a week. I know you dont listen to anyone, but why don you listen to VAN; this guy is very sounds and know his stuff and has been there. A PRO would listen and take advice and make himself better for it. You are just a blowhard who thinks he knows everything. You have proven me right by being a reactionary amateur by betting 5K on a team going nowhere and no incentive to win at all on a random night in ATl where they were partying all night at the strip club. I hope you win but man you didnt stack the odds in your favor at all.
    Reply
    Betting Empire  You are just asking the betting gods to lose this game by 12, arent you? Be humble dude. Dont be a cocky jerk; that is what got you into this mess and praying for a 5K win or being down 4K and a stunning net turn of 10K in a week. I know you dont listen to anyone, but why don you listen to VAN; this guy is very sounds and know his stuff and has been there. A PRO would listen and take advice and make himself better for it. You are just a blowhard who thinks he knows everything. You have proven me right by being a reactionary amateur by betting 5K on a team going nowhere and no incentive to win at all on a random night in ATl where they were partying all night at the strip club. I hope you win but man you didnt stack the odds in your favor at all.
     
    JicJac
    JicJac
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 5229
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 4:08 PM ET #4718

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    One of the reasons I don't think CG will make it to football is hidden in your post above.

    When you have to go out of your way to get 10 cent MLB lines - and that is considered to be the best you can get - that is really paddling upstream.  Betting in to MLB with 10 cent lines is tough as hell.  Cant imagine being able to do it.

    I used to bet in to 1 cent (yes, 1 cent at MB) MLB lines.  With commissions it used to work out to closer to 2 cents - but even at that - with the grind of MLB - it wasn't a sure thing.

    10 cents is suicide IMO.

     

    This kid has so much to learn its not even funny. And, it has nothing to do with his picks. The infrastructure and mind set that you have to have to do this for a living isn't even a thought it seems.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    One of the reasons I don't think CG will make it to football is hidden in your post above.

    When you have to go out of your way to get 10 cent MLB lines - and that is considered to be the best you can get - that is really paddling upstream.  Betting in to MLB with 10 cent lines is tough as hell.  Cant imagine being able to do it.

    I used to bet in to 1 cent (yes, 1 cent at MB) MLB lines.  With commissions it used to work out to closer to 2 cents - but even at that - with the grind of MLB - it wasn't a sure thing.

    10 cents is suicide IMO.

     

    This kid has so much to learn its not even funny. And, it has nothing to do with his picks. The infrastructure and mind set that you have to have to do this for a living isn't even a thought it seems.

     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 4:09 PM ET #4719

    That's right Brady my BETTING EMPIRE didn't u hear me the first time?
    Reply
    That's right Brady my BETTING EMPIRE didn't u hear me the first time?
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 4:11 PM ET #4720

    And my contingency plan if the queens don't cover is... Take $1100 out of savings tommorow which will leave me with 20.9K in savings and start the $550/$500 grind again bc then obviously I stink right now and need to go small
    Reply
    And my contingency plan if the queens don't cover is... Take $1100 out of savings tommorow which will leave me with 20.9K in savings and start the $550/$500 grind again bc then obviously I stink right now and need to go small
     
    Snoopy408
    Snoopy408
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2013
    Posts: 68
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 4:11 PM ET #4721

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    BTW - GL on the Kings tonight.

    It might be the first NBA game I watch in 20 years.

    You technically could also could have a few K on the game as well. (if it goes bad) 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    BTW - GL on the Kings tonight.

    It might be the first NBA game I watch in 20 years.

    You technically could also could have a few K on the game as well. (if it goes bad) 
     
    Bradyisgreat
    Bradyisgreat
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2011
    Posts: 947
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 4:12 PM ET #4722

    I wont bug you anymore, CG but I have one last question. If last week and the family did not show, how much would you have bet on this game? Like you said it is your money and you dont need to justify anything to anyone beacuse you are over 21 and in the USA. I am pulling hard for you man but i still hate it because i have chased so many times and you rarely rarely win these bets. Hope this is the best monday of your life dude.
    Reply
    I wont bug you anymore, CG but I have one last question. If last week and the family did not show, how much would you have bet on this game? Like you said it is your money and you dont need to justify anything to anyone beacuse you are over 21 and in the USA. I am pulling hard for you man but i still hate it because i have chased so many times and you rarely rarely win these bets. Hope this is the best monday of your life dude.
     
    JicJac
    JicJac
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 5229
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 4:14 PM ET #4723

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    I am not an expert in avoidance strategies with this....

    I have heard people used to get paid with chips instead of cash and this would be the workaround - but I am pretty sure they wont do this anymore.

    I don't know about rolling it over to new tickets.  I do know when you do this they call out "multiple transaction alert" - don't know what this means - but a supervisor comes over.  I am honestly not sure if they do a form at that point or not - or what the hell they do.

     

     

    Scal,

    no he wouldn't be able to do that. Its a transaction over the threshold and will be logged as such with his ss number. There are also no forms to fill out as the play is already on their log sheet. the more plays he makes that are logged the supervisors will get to know him and although will still have to record the info for title 31..they wont be asking for his identity as he becomes a KNOWN player

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    I am not an expert in avoidance strategies with this....

    I have heard people used to get paid with chips instead of cash and this would be the workaround - but I am pretty sure they wont do this anymore.

    I don't know about rolling it over to new tickets.  I do know when you do this they call out "multiple transaction alert" - don't know what this means - but a supervisor comes over.  I am honestly not sure if they do a form at that point or not - or what the hell they do.

     

     

    Scal,

    no he wouldn't be able to do that. Its a transaction over the threshold and will be logged as such with his ss number. There are also no forms to fill out as the play is already on their log sheet. the more plays he makes that are logged the supervisors will get to know him and although will still have to record the info for title 31..they wont be asking for his identity as he becomes a KNOWN player

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 4:16 PM ET #4724

    Quote Originally Posted by JicJac:

     

    This kid has so much to learn its not even funny. And, it has nothing to do with his picks. The infrastructure and mind set that you have to have to do this for a living isn't even a thought it seems.

    I stopped betting MLB about 5 years ago.  I had lost MB and Pinny at the time (I have since got them back), but I stopped about a month before they left the US market.

    I left because their commission structure changed to where I think I was paying about .5 cent per bet - but they were changing it to where it would be a little over 1 cent per bet.  I wrote about it extensively here at the time, and the agony of paying .5 cent more!

    That .5 cent made me pack it in on MLB - probably forever.  I just look at it in the context of betting in to 10 cent lines and I have to laugh - it is a different universe than I am used to.  I can accept that CG is a much better pure handicapper than I am - but I cant accept the fact that he should be making MORE on every bet he makes.

    That's the part that would make me not sleep at night.  Not that I lost a wager, but that I didn't win enough on my winning wagers.  Just a different mentality I guess - not better or worse - but I know what makes me money and profitable - and it is the pennies I can squeeze here and there.  I am not good enough to find spots to bet 5k when my normal bet is 500.  I need to win everything I possibly can on every dollar I risk - and that comes from getting the extra half penny when I can.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JicJac:

     

    This kid has so much to learn its not even funny. And, it has nothing to do with his picks. The infrastructure and mind set that you have to have to do this for a living isn't even a thought it seems.

    I stopped betting MLB about 5 years ago.  I had lost MB and Pinny at the time (I have since got them back), but I stopped about a month before they left the US market.

    I left because their commission structure changed to where I think I was paying about .5 cent per bet - but they were changing it to where it would be a little over 1 cent per bet.  I wrote about it extensively here at the time, and the agony of paying .5 cent more!

    That .5 cent made me pack it in on MLB - probably forever.  I just look at it in the context of betting in to 10 cent lines and I have to laugh - it is a different universe than I am used to.  I can accept that CG is a much better pure handicapper than I am - but I cant accept the fact that he should be making MORE on every bet he makes.

    That's the part that would make me not sleep at night.  Not that I lost a wager, but that I didn't win enough on my winning wagers.  Just a different mentality I guess - not better or worse - but I know what makes me money and profitable - and it is the pennies I can squeeze here and there.  I am not good enough to find spots to bet 5k when my normal bet is 500.  I need to win everything I possibly can on every dollar I risk - and that comes from getting the extra half penny when I can.

     
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 4:16 PM ET #4725

    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    I know no1 believes me when I say this but... If the queens do get there a$$ kicked tonight I have already said to myself "I took my shot, I had to with a large play because 5 of my 6 losses in my mind were due to my family distracting me". And I just operate with my 22K new bankroll at my $500 a game. This is a SHOT I had to take tonight not bc I went 0-6 but because of how my routine was thrown off and my process I used to dominate out here first 3.5 weeks with my family now here for 5 of my 6 losses in my epic 0-6 disaster

    Well CG I was looking forward to your write-up for some unique angle as to why the Kings were the play.

    After reading it I have this to say (and I swear to you I am not saying this in a sarcastic manner):

    Your write-up in support of the Kings side didn't tell me....

    JACK SQUAT!!!

    And in honor of SNL 40, I stuffed a pillow under my shirt and moved my arms with all the intensity of Chris Farley in the 'Living in a Van down by the River' skit as I said that aloud after typing it.

    As far as falling through a table face first?

    I'll leave that to you when the final buzzer sounds on this one.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    I know no1 believes me when I say this but... If the queens do get there a$$ kicked tonight I have already said to myself "I took my shot, I had to with a large play because 5 of my 6 losses in my mind were due to my family distracting me". And I just operate with my 22K new bankroll at my $500 a game. This is a SHOT I had to take tonight not bc I went 0-6 but because of how my routine was thrown off and my process I used to dominate out here first 3.5 weeks with my family now here for 5 of my 6 losses in my epic 0-6 disaster

    Well CG I was looking forward to your write-up for some unique angle as to why the Kings were the play.

    After reading it I have this to say (and I swear to you I am not saying this in a sarcastic manner):

    Your write-up in support of the Kings side didn't tell me....

    JACK SQUAT!!!

    And in honor of SNL 40, I stuffed a pillow under my shirt and moved my arms with all the intensity of Chris Farley in the 'Living in a Van down by the River' skit as I said that aloud after typing it.

    As far as falling through a table face first?

    I'll leave that to you when the final buzzer sounds on this one.
    All Forums | The Archives
    «First Previous 189190191 ... 567568569 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,394
    • Sunday 10/04/2026 687
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,333
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 8,540
    • This Seattle Line Is Begging for a Discussion 2,822
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,496
    • __________ 📌 🏈 ?? Fubah's NFL 2026: Week 04 🚩🚩🚩🚩 13,228
    • Lions vs Panthers in game live SNF 1,871
    • Sunday nFl Wk 4 8,149
    • NFL THREAD * 151 * 16,847

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.