• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | The Archives

    Moving to Vegas to become a full time pro handicapper

    «First Previous 188189190 ... 567568569 Next Last»
    collegegambler
    3DTV
    SportsTime
    JicJac
    GreenleafSports
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 973052
    Posts: 14201
    «First Previous 188189190 ... 567568569 Next Last»
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 3:17 PM ET #4676

    I didn't split the ticket. 

    just did it at one book. 

    Reply

    I didn't split the ticket. 

    just did it at one book. 

     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 3:19 PM ET #4677

    they gave me some audit ticket also
    Reply
    they gave me some audit ticket also
     
    3DTV
    3DTV
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 382
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 3:20 PM ET #4678

    CG who are you doing all this for? At the end of the day no one on covers matters. STOP SWEATING COVERS! Here is what you should do. Stick to quick youtube clips of your picks daily for record keeping sake and refuse to read any comments. 30-60 days from now make your covers return and we shall see where you stand. If you continue to sweat what every poster here says you are doomed. You bet 5k today because everyone said not to, not because it was the right thing to do. Keep it up and you are doomed.

    The only thing you got going for you is that I do think you will be able to find a job in Vegas. Just not sure you can survive in Vegas.
    Reply
    CG who are you doing all this for? At the end of the day no one on covers matters. STOP SWEATING COVERS! Here is what you should do. Stick to quick youtube clips of your picks daily for record keeping sake and refuse to read any comments. 30-60 days from now make your covers return and we shall see where you stand. If you continue to sweat what every poster here says you are doomed. You bet 5k today because everyone said not to, not because it was the right thing to do. Keep it up and you are doomed.

    The only thing you got going for you is that I do think you will be able to find a job in Vegas. Just not sure you can survive in Vegas.
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 3:25 PM ET #4679

    Let's go QUEENS
    Reply
    Let's go QUEENS
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 3:26 PM ET #4680

    I'm reporting my winnings anyway jerkofff I'm as honest as they come
    Reply
    I'm reporting my winnings anyway jerkofff I'm as honest as they come
     
    SportsTime
    SportsTime
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 233
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 3:28 PM ET #4681

    GOOD LUCK CG!

    oh good tdog back under another name taxmancommeth...smh get a life


    Keep posting your journey CG and drowning out the unproductive haters...It's YOUR life and YOUR bets...enjoy it


    Reply
    GOOD LUCK CG!

    oh good tdog back under another name taxmancommeth...smh get a life


    Keep posting your journey CG and drowning out the unproductive haters...It's YOUR life and YOUR bets...enjoy it


     
    JicJac
    JicJac
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 5229
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 3:29 PM ET #4682

    Quote Originally Posted by taxmancommeth:

    YOU FUCKKING IDIOT TAKE THAT TICKET NUMBER DOWN, ANYONE CAN CLAIM THAT TICKET AND SAY IT WAS LOST....DO NOT POST THE FUCKKING TICKET NUMBER, YOU friggin PIECE OF SHITT.

     

    No they cant!! The second he purchased that ticket his ugly mud was associated with that number. Its a protective measure incase he were to loose it. Any body showing up there to claim it and there going to go to video of face and time stamp. And he wont have to pay taxes on nothing right now. The only thing you got right is that they'll want his ss number for title 31!

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by taxmancommeth:

    YOU FUCKKING IDIOT TAKE THAT TICKET NUMBER DOWN, ANYONE CAN CLAIM THAT TICKET AND SAY IT WAS LOST....DO NOT POST THE FUCKKING TICKET NUMBER, YOU friggin PIECE OF SHITT.

     

    No they cant!! The second he purchased that ticket his ugly mud was associated with that number. Its a protective measure incase he were to loose it. Any body showing up there to claim it and there going to go to video of face and time stamp. And he wont have to pay taxes on nothing right now. The only thing you got right is that they'll want his ss number for title 31!

     
    GreenleafSports
    GreenleafSports
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 167
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 3:30 PM ET #4683

    No one is mentioning this kings game o/u was off 1.5 points early this morning.  what a joke does any one here understand how to cap the games and pound the weak lines 
    Reply
    No one is mentioning this kings game o/u was off 1.5 points early this morning.  what a joke does any one here understand how to cap the games and pound the weak lines 
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 3:31 PM ET #4684

    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    I didn't split the ticket. 

    just did it at one book. 

    CG -

    If you win, you will be asked to fill out what is called a FINCEN report.

    It is not an IRS form.  Don't listen to people here who think they know what they are talking about.  There will be no withholding tax, you aren't going to have to give them 30% - none of that.

    But they are going to ask you for your SS# - and you are going to fill out a FINCEN that says you had 10k in cash on you.  This is the same report you fill out if you go to buy a car with cash, or do anything with over 10k in cash.

    It is not a report of earnings.  In theory - it is not an IRS form although I am sure these forms are auditable if they want it.

    Since you are a professional (as you have told us many times), I am sure you have a tax strategy in place.  So just keep saving your losing tickets, keep up with your gambling journal (this thread), and pay your taxes.  This form should have zero effect on that.

    Also - because you are "professional" - I am sure you will file a schedule C as a professional gambler - so I hope you are keeping receipts that are expensable to your profession.  Like your trip there, Tilapia, MILF expenses, nice blazers, and gas money for line shopping.  You are entitled to write off business expenses that apply to your profession (as I am sure you already know and are keeping meticulous records).

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    I didn't split the ticket. 

    just did it at one book. 

    CG -

    If you win, you will be asked to fill out what is called a FINCEN report.

    It is not an IRS form.  Don't listen to people here who think they know what they are talking about.  There will be no withholding tax, you aren't going to have to give them 30% - none of that.

    But they are going to ask you for your SS# - and you are going to fill out a FINCEN that says you had 10k in cash on you.  This is the same report you fill out if you go to buy a car with cash, or do anything with over 10k in cash.

    It is not a report of earnings.  In theory - it is not an IRS form although I am sure these forms are auditable if they want it.

    Since you are a professional (as you have told us many times), I am sure you have a tax strategy in place.  So just keep saving your losing tickets, keep up with your gambling journal (this thread), and pay your taxes.  This form should have zero effect on that.

    Also - because you are "professional" - I am sure you will file a schedule C as a professional gambler - so I hope you are keeping receipts that are expensable to your profession.  Like your trip there, Tilapia, MILF expenses, nice blazers, and gas money for line shopping.  You are entitled to write off business expenses that apply to your profession (as I am sure you already know and are keeping meticulous records).

     
    JicJac
    JicJac
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 5229
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 3:31 PM ET #4685

    they cant claim your ticket CG!!
    Reply
    they cant claim your ticket CG!!
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 3:31 PM ET #4686

    They say they r not responsible for lost or stolen tickets.... So someone would have to have my actual ticket to cash it in.... I see now how I should have split it up though at two diff books. Damn that was dumbbb lol
    Reply
    They say they r not responsible for lost or stolen tickets.... So someone would have to have my actual ticket to cash it in.... I see now how I should have split it up though at two diff books. Damn that was dumbbb lol
     
    GeneralChaos
    GeneralChaos
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 247
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 3:34 PM ET #4687

    Quote Originally Posted by taxmancommeth:

    I can't believe he posted ticket number....Jesus christ...And he made the mistake of paying taxes on it if he wins, which he won't because Kings are NOT going to cover....

    Well then I guess he will lose only 70% of the face value when he loses,  rather than 100%.  Kind of a small reverse-bonus.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by taxmancommeth:

    I can't believe he posted ticket number....Jesus christ...And he made the mistake of paying taxes on it if he wins, which he won't because Kings are NOT going to cover....

    Well then I guess he will lose only 70% of the face value when he loses,  rather than 100%.  Kind of a small reverse-bonus.
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 3:34 PM ET #4688

    Vanzack solid post sir. Yea I am filing as a professional gambler schedule c. I keep all my losing tickets, got receipts from hotels on my journey to Vegas, food during trip and now I save all my gas receipts because I need to drive for my "business"
    Reply
    Vanzack solid post sir. Yea I am filing as a professional gambler schedule c. I keep all my losing tickets, got receipts from hotels on my journey to Vegas, food during trip and now I save all my gas receipts because I need to drive for my "business"
     
    jamesxnj
    jamesxnj
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 1093
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 3:34 PM ET #4689

    No W-2 issued for this winning bet.
    Reply
    No W-2 issued for this winning bet.
     
    JicJac
    JicJac
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 5229
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 3:38 PM ET #4690

    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    They say they r not responsible for lost or stolen tickets.... So someone would have to have my actual ticket to cash it in.... I see now how I should have split it up though at two diff books. Damn that was dumbbb lol

     

    Trust me!! Im not gonna tell you how I know because I don't want that info known. But you are protected. If an idiot shows up there saying he lost your ticket number. When they roll the video back...he;s in trouble!

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    They say they r not responsible for lost or stolen tickets.... So someone would have to have my actual ticket to cash it in.... I see now how I should have split it up though at two diff books. Damn that was dumbbb lol

     

    Trust me!! Im not gonna tell you how I know because I don't want that info known. But you are protected. If an idiot shows up there saying he lost your ticket number. When they roll the video back...he;s in trouble!

     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 3:39 PM ET #4691

    Van- what is point of filing this report if I am not taxed on it?
    Reply
    Van- what is point of filing this report if I am not taxed on it?
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 3:39 PM ET #4692

    Jicjac- hop on the queens with the CG
    Reply
    Jicjac- hop on the queens with the CG
     
    JicJac
    JicJac
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 5229
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 3:42 PM ET #4693

    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    Jicjac- hop on the queens with the CG

     

    No thanks...but good luck

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    Jicjac- hop on the queens with the CG

     

    No thanks...but good luck

     
    toastmaster20
    toastmaster20
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 166
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 3:43 PM ET #4694

    Hey CG,  As you can see, I don't post much but have been following your journey, so I thought I would opine. Please don't mistaken it for advise, as you stated you prefer not to receive. Plus, I had all my wisdom teeth pulled this morning, so sitting here time on my hands, half my head swollen and everything else felling not so bad, thanks to the PKs. 

    As a disclaimer, I'm not a very good sports gambler. And, my interest really waned when we lost the ability to access Pinnacle and Matchbook (the best IMO). These days my sports gambling consists of opening up Covers during football season, seeing my favorite posters, opening up their threads like one of Pavlov's dogs, and tailing them. I always chuckle at folks telling others to "cap their own games". Um, not for me. 

    Which, sort of brings me to my thought here. In my world, there isn't much I do involving  money without getting input from others. 

    CG, not sure why you want to paddle upstream...alone. Back when I was around your age, I started a couple ventures and literally would call and knock on doors to find resources that could help me out. Some of these people I rely on to this day (and me to them) for counsel on a myriad of subjects. CG, you have more access to information and expertise than you know. Geez, you have posters that have not only shown willingness to help, but are subject matter experts, as well. Personally, I would have engaged Vanzack a long time ago, expressing that I thought I had a talent as a situational bettor, but need help with the numbers. By now, you should have bought Van a big salad, a favorite beverage, and hopefully he granted you access to his dementia (two Seinfeld references in one sentence - not bad).

    I want to measure my words here, because I am someone who hasn't soured on you and is rooting for your future. That said, you have referred yourself as a professional, and how important things are for your "Organization". You are not a professional. A few reasons for that comment, but most importantly, your organization is paying too much to do business. You seem to think that line shopping is finding a game you like(your talent, right?), finding the best local line during that particular time in space, and hoping that line doesn't change while in route. Potentially,that UF line was available at 17, with reduced juice, off-shore, while sitting on your couch with your family. You seem a bit resistant to exploit that larger marketplace.

    Lastly, you have become a bit of a public figure. So, be careful and pay your taxes. 
    Reply
    Hey CG,  As you can see, I don't post much but have been following your journey, so I thought I would opine. Please don't mistaken it for advise, as you stated you prefer not to receive. Plus, I had all my wisdom teeth pulled this morning, so sitting here time on my hands, half my head swollen and everything else felling not so bad, thanks to the PKs. 

    As a disclaimer, I'm not a very good sports gambler. And, my interest really waned when we lost the ability to access Pinnacle and Matchbook (the best IMO). These days my sports gambling consists of opening up Covers during football season, seeing my favorite posters, opening up their threads like one of Pavlov's dogs, and tailing them. I always chuckle at folks telling others to "cap their own games". Um, not for me. 

    Which, sort of brings me to my thought here. In my world, there isn't much I do involving  money without getting input from others. 

    CG, not sure why you want to paddle upstream...alone. Back when I was around your age, I started a couple ventures and literally would call and knock on doors to find resources that could help me out. Some of these people I rely on to this day (and me to them) for counsel on a myriad of subjects. CG, you have more access to information and expertise than you know. Geez, you have posters that have not only shown willingness to help, but are subject matter experts, as well. Personally, I would have engaged Vanzack a long time ago, expressing that I thought I had a talent as a situational bettor, but need help with the numbers. By now, you should have bought Van a big salad, a favorite beverage, and hopefully he granted you access to his dementia (two Seinfeld references in one sentence - not bad).

    I want to measure my words here, because I am someone who hasn't soured on you and is rooting for your future. That said, you have referred yourself as a professional, and how important things are for your "Organization". You are not a professional. A few reasons for that comment, but most importantly, your organization is paying too much to do business. You seem to think that line shopping is finding a game you like(your talent, right?), finding the best local line during that particular time in space, and hoping that line doesn't change while in route. Potentially,that UF line was available at 17, with reduced juice, off-shore, while sitting on your couch with your family. You seem a bit resistant to exploit that larger marketplace.

    Lastly, you have become a bit of a public figure. So, be careful and pay your taxes. 
     
    GreenleafSports
    GreenleafSports
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 167
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 3:44 PM ET #4695

    This is a joke the o/u was off  1.5 points in this game and cg even mentions he thinks the kings will play d tonight.  DOES ANYONE IN THIS THREAD HAVE A CLUE ABOUT BETTING GAMES WERE THE LINES ARE OFF ?  2 points is usually the most u will find in the nba the o/u was off 1.5 points.  
    Reply
    This is a joke the o/u was off  1.5 points in this game and cg even mentions he thinks the kings will play d tonight.  DOES ANYONE IN THIS THREAD HAVE A CLUE ABOUT BETTING GAMES WERE THE LINES ARE OFF ?  2 points is usually the most u will find in the nba the o/u was off 1.5 points.  
     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 3:46 PM ET #4696

    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    Van- what is point of filing this report if I am not taxed on it?

    Just google FINCEN report and 10k.

    It is a department of treasury thing.  Not an IRS thing.

    If you walked in to a bar with 10k cash, in order to impress some MILFs, and the bartender saw it - he is supposed to have you file a FINCEN.

    If you went to make a HUGE salad, and your bill was over 10k for the cucumbers, tomatoes, fresh herbs, and feta - and you paid with cash - Albertsons is supposed to have you fill one out.

    It does not show income - although in certain circumstances it could.

    If you bet on a -1000 favorite - and you risked 9500 to win 950, when you collect you would fill one out - even though you only earned 950.  And lets say you made 3 5k wagers (at different books).  You win one and lose two - that means you lost about 6k total - but you would still have to fill out the form for cashing the one you won.

    There isn't even an amount on the form.  It just shows that you had over 10k in cash on you at that time.

    What is the point?  Ask the govt. I am sure they have their reasons, but one of those reasons is not to show income.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    Van- what is point of filing this report if I am not taxed on it?

    Just google FINCEN report and 10k.

    It is a department of treasury thing.  Not an IRS thing.

    If you walked in to a bar with 10k cash, in order to impress some MILFs, and the bartender saw it - he is supposed to have you file a FINCEN.

    If you went to make a HUGE salad, and your bill was over 10k for the cucumbers, tomatoes, fresh herbs, and feta - and you paid with cash - Albertsons is supposed to have you fill one out.

    It does not show income - although in certain circumstances it could.

    If you bet on a -1000 favorite - and you risked 9500 to win 950, when you collect you would fill one out - even though you only earned 950.  And lets say you made 3 5k wagers (at different books).  You win one and lose two - that means you lost about 6k total - but you would still have to fill out the form for cashing the one you won.

    There isn't even an amount on the form.  It just shows that you had over 10k in cash on you at that time.

    What is the point?  Ask the govt. I am sure they have their reasons, but one of those reasons is not to show income.

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 3:47 PM ET #4697

    BTW - GL on the Kings tonight.

    It might be the first NBA game I watch in 20 years.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    BTW - GL on the Kings tonight.

    It might be the first NBA game I watch in 20 years.

     
    mikeru3
    mikeru3
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 22710
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 3:48 PM ET #4698

    Good luck College Gambler.

    Taters shall tate.

    Roll Tide and goooooo Kings!

    Reply
    Good luck College Gambler.

    Taters shall tate.

    Roll Tide and goooooo Kings!

     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 3:50 PM ET #4699

    Bunkmoreland yes bet was placed. No I just needed a players card to make a bet that paid over 10K (risk and win). Once I got card they took it no problems.
    Reply
    Bunkmoreland yes bet was placed. No I just needed a players card to make a bet that paid over 10K (risk and win). Once I got card they took it no problems.
     
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 9, 2015 - 3:55 PM ET #4700

    Thanks van appreciate it sir. My betting empire is near peak levels with a win and the 0-6 means nothing. Or the CG won't be able to sleep for many, many nights with a loss. I couldn't sleep last night too excited for this game. 3.5 hours till tip!! Hop on the queens with me fellas
    Reply
    Thanks van appreciate it sir. My betting empire is near peak levels with a win and the 0-6 means nothing. Or the CG won't be able to sleep for many, many nights with a loss. I couldn't sleep last night too excited for this game. 3.5 hours till tip!! Hop on the queens with me fellas
    All Forums | The Archives
    «First Previous 188189190 ... 567568569 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,394
    • Sunday 10/04/2026 687
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,333
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 8,540
    • This Seattle Line Is Begging for a Discussion 2,822
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,496
    • __________ 📌 🏈 ?? Fubah's NFL 2026: Week 04 🚩🚩🚩🚩 13,228
    • Lions vs Panthers in game live SNF 1,871
    • Sunday nFl Wk 4 8,149
    • NFL THREAD * 151 * 16,847

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.