• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | The Archives

    Moving to Vegas to become a full time pro handicapper

    «First Previous 124125126 ... 567568569 Next Last»
    jamesxnj
    collegegambler
    Bermax
    Skipbone
    jperuski
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 973052
    Posts: 14201
    «First Previous 124125126 ... 567568569 Next Last»
     
    jamesxnj
    jamesxnj
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 1093
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 2:11 PM ET #3076

    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    Goose u hit it on the head. Thanks brother. And I never said I liked an nba games today not sure where my BOY Scal got that one from. Oh and Scal and anyone else who cares I was with the Milf again last night at her crib this time. I made my video this am as I was driving back from her crib. Reason I'm letting u know is so u can keep my "day after Milf slay nonsense record which u enjoy.

    If you freakin drove last night after a 12 pack or more,and avoided a DUI,dude you had a winning nite.Prob 10k swing..

    You really wanna be riding a bike to bet baseball and grocery shop for 6 months? .No need for the gym.then tho...Listen to AD he has his garbage together and probably same age as you.

    That out of the way,Best wishes on your plays today.Wanna see you up 6k by your 1st full month.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    Goose u hit it on the head. Thanks brother. And I never said I liked an nba games today not sure where my BOY Scal got that one from. Oh and Scal and anyone else who cares I was with the Milf again last night at her crib this time. I made my video this am as I was driving back from her crib. Reason I'm letting u know is so u can keep my "day after Milf slay nonsense record which u enjoy.

    If you freakin drove last night after a 12 pack or more,and avoided a DUI,dude you had a winning nite.Prob 10k swing..

    You really wanna be riding a bike to bet baseball and grocery shop for 6 months? .No need for the gym.then tho...Listen to AD he has his garbage together and probably same age as you.

    That out of the way,Best wishes on your plays today.Wanna see you up 6k by your 1st full month.

     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 2:17 PM ET #3077

    James I had sobered up went over there at midnight. I already got a DUI in jersey it was bad and I never drive after drinking anymore
    Reply
    James I had sobered up went over there at midnight. I already got a DUI in jersey it was bad and I never drive after drinking anymore
     
    Bermax
    Bermax
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 239
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 2:17 PM ET #3078

    Quote Originally Posted by cd329:




    These numbers are just so not true.  Just because a guy hits 60 percent at 170 bets, there is no stat that can say he will hit over 52 percent for the next 170 games.  Flawed math at its finest.

    Trying to predict somebodys long term winning percentage is just like that person trying to predict the winner of each play.

    170 games lmfaoooooo

    You're perfectly right there's nothing predictive in in it, just retrospective, clumsily put by me. The maths or statistics are not flawed thouth, just my interpretation of it when I wrote those paragraphs.

    You can know that someone's who hit 60% over 170 bets true capping proficiency was somewhere in the range of 52.5-67.5% with 95% probabality. It's a made up number of course since what has happened has happened.

    A guy could always tilt or his betting system become irrelevant due to changes in linesetting etc, or random chance could go against him with very bad streaks, very quickly turning his previous record sour, of course. But there's no other way to judge bettors than past records, since none of us has a crystal ball, right? I'd say it's a very useful parameter especially when comparing bettors.

    Hence I'd tail the guy with a 55% record over 2000 bets any day compared to the guy with 65% over 50 bets.

    Here's a link I recommend for some theory on judging betting records, though the calculations apply to the somewhat more complex money line:
    https://www.football-data.co.uk/blog/luck_skill_sports_betting.php


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by cd329:




    These numbers are just so not true.  Just because a guy hits 60 percent at 170 bets, there is no stat that can say he will hit over 52 percent for the next 170 games.  Flawed math at its finest.

    Trying to predict somebodys long term winning percentage is just like that person trying to predict the winner of each play.

    170 games lmfaoooooo

    You're perfectly right there's nothing predictive in in it, just retrospective, clumsily put by me. The maths or statistics are not flawed thouth, just my interpretation of it when I wrote those paragraphs.

    You can know that someone's who hit 60% over 170 bets true capping proficiency was somewhere in the range of 52.5-67.5% with 95% probabality. It's a made up number of course since what has happened has happened.

    A guy could always tilt or his betting system become irrelevant due to changes in linesetting etc, or random chance could go against him with very bad streaks, very quickly turning his previous record sour, of course. But there's no other way to judge bettors than past records, since none of us has a crystal ball, right? I'd say it's a very useful parameter especially when comparing bettors.

    Hence I'd tail the guy with a 55% record over 2000 bets any day compared to the guy with 65% over 50 bets.

    Here's a link I recommend for some theory on judging betting records, though the calculations apply to the somewhat more complex money line:
    https://www.football-data.co.uk/blog/luck_skill_sports_betting.php


     
    Skipbone
    Skipbone
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 6368
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 2:18 PM ET #3079

    Looks like Edwards is good to go for Purdue; that could be the difference. 
    Could be a tough day for Izzo, but the line seems right. I watched SMU curb stomp UConn. Can't shake that memory.
    Good luck today CG.
    Reply
    Looks like Edwards is good to go for Purdue; that could be the difference. 
    Could be a tough day for Izzo, but the line seems right. I watched SMU curb stomp UConn. Can't shake that memory.
    Good luck today CG.
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 2:23 PM ET #3080

    Got an early lead. Was up 7, 27, and tied at halftime yesterday in my 3 games and went 1-2. Need Boatright to be a star today for me. He's off to a good start. Biggest thing now with a 15-8 lead is to keep playing lock down D
    Reply
    Got an early lead. Was up 7, 27, and tied at halftime yesterday in my 3 games and went 1-2. Need Boatright to be a star today for me. He's off to a good start. Biggest thing now with a 15-8 lead is to keep playing lock down D
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 2:24 PM ET #3081

    Thanks skip. Uconn off to a nice start. At least Smu can't hit threes oh boy I'll probably be regretting that statement
    Reply
    Thanks skip. Uconn off to a nice start. At least Smu can't hit threes oh boy I'll probably be regretting that statement
     
    jperuski
    jperuski
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 52
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 2:24 PM ET #3082

    Like the Purdue play also
    Reply
    Like the Purdue play also
     
    jamesxnj
    jamesxnj
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 1093
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 2:27 PM ET #3083

    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    James I had sobered up went over there at midnight. I already got a DUI in jersey it was bad and I never drive after drinking anymore

    That's cool CG just remember it takes hours to clear up your BAC...One per beer I've been told..

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    James I had sobered up went over there at midnight. I already got a DUI in jersey it was bad and I never drive after drinking anymore

    That's cool CG just remember it takes hours to clear up your BAC...One per beer I've been told..

     
    Skipbone
    Skipbone
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 6368
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 2:32 PM ET #3084

    Looks like Edwards is good to go for Purdue; that could be the difference. 
    Could be a tough day for Izzo, but the line seems right. I watched SMU curb stomp UConn. Can't shake that memory.
    Good luck today CG.
    Reply
    Looks like Edwards is good to go for Purdue; that could be the difference. 
    Could be a tough day for Izzo, but the line seems right. I watched SMU curb stomp UConn. Can't shake that memory.
    Good luck today CG.
     
    Skipbone
    Skipbone
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 6368
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 2:34 PM ET #3085

    No idea how that reposted. 
    Reply
    No idea how that reposted. 
     
    Skipbone
    Skipbone
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 6368
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 2:38 PM ET #3086

    CG: I played Colorado at -2. The line has moved to -3.5. Did you cap that game? Just wondering if you had a lean.
    Reply
    CG: I played Colorado at -2. The line has moved to -3.5. Did you cap that game? Just wondering if you had a lean.
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 2:40 PM ET #3087

    UCONN up ten. Keep it up show no mercy. This team embarassed u in Dallas. Now time to return the favor. Great d and let's close this out get the K plays to 4-2! Skip no play for me. I think Colorado covers tho if I had to pick it
    Reply
    UCONN up ten. Keep it up show no mercy. This team embarassed u in Dallas. Now time to return the favor. Great d and let's close this out get the K plays to 4-2! Skip no play for me. I think Colorado covers tho if I had to pick it
     
    ad1260
    ad1260
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 8162
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 2:42 PM ET #3088

    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    AD- I apologize to u sorry
    brother



    No problem man. Water under the bridge. Let's roll today. Definitely on Purdue but laying off the other 2.

    BOL buddy.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    AD- I apologize to u sorry
    brother



    No problem man. Water under the bridge. Let's roll today. Definitely on Purdue but laying off the other 2.

    BOL buddy.
     
    MikeMed
    MikeMed
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2010
    Posts: 4793
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 2:43 PM ET #3089

    CG.............Just checked out your You Tube stuff..............Fukken great stuff bro......GL today.......I believe you will have a strong bounce back week in CB......Goes in streaks bro, you know

    Reply
    CG.............Just checked out your You Tube stuff..............Fukken great stuff bro......GL today.......I believe you will have a strong bounce back week in CB......Goes in streaks bro, you know

     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 2:46 PM ET #3090

    It's like I'm in a slump lol yet my record this week is 6-5 and I'm up money lol. I just overreacted to the trolls questioning my passion because I wanna get laid too out here... Uconn was up ten looks like a CG esque' meltdown before half?
    Reply
    It's like I'm in a slump lol yet my record this week is 6-5 and I'm up money lol. I just overreacted to the trolls questioning my passion because I wanna get laid too out here... Uconn was up ten looks like a CG esque' meltdown before half?
     
    Ultimate5
    Ultimate5
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 760
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 2:54 PM ET #3091

    lets gooooo 
    Reply
    lets gooooo 
     
    Dubfire
    Dubfire
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2012
    Posts: 1006
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 2:57 PM ET #3092

    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    It's like I'm in a slump lol yet my record this week is 6-5 and I'm up money lol. I just overreacted to the trolls questioning my passion because I wanna get laid too out here... Uconn was up ten looks like a CG esque' meltdown before half?

    yesterday on covers i learned if i lose one game means im in a slump
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    It's like I'm in a slump lol yet my record this week is 6-5 and I'm up money lol. I just overreacted to the trolls questioning my passion because I wanna get laid too out here... Uconn was up ten looks like a CG esque' meltdown before half?

    yesterday on covers i learned if i lose one game means im in a slump
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 3:08 PM ET #3093

    Uconn by six at half.... Xavier was up 7 at half yesterday. 1-15 shooting by uconn to start the second half? Let's hope not.
    Reply
    Uconn by six at half.... Xavier was up 7 at half yesterday. 1-15 shooting by uconn to start the second half? Let's hope not.
     
    tdog25
    tdog25
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 421
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 3:20 PM ET #3094

    I like CG, feelings are still hurt over that tragic video, but I know cocaine and booze gets the soul going, I forgive CG, but I actually love the fact that he has mentioned me in three videos now, I don't know why cause SCAL and VANZACK are his enemies here, they fuk with him a lot...One guy BET AGAINST him. for christs sake...

    But no hard feelings, i have bipolar feelings too, i hope you get a lot of pusssy...
    Reply
    I like CG, feelings are still hurt over that tragic video, but I know cocaine and booze gets the soul going, I forgive CG, but I actually love the fact that he has mentioned me in three videos now, I don't know why cause SCAL and VANZACK are his enemies here, they fuk with him a lot...One guy BET AGAINST him. for christs sake...

    But no hard feelings, i have bipolar feelings too, i hope you get a lot of pusssy...
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 3:25 PM ET #3095

    Tdog ur my boy ur a sick Fuckk like me I respect that. Uconn up 7 need this one to get my swagger back. I'm meeting this cute 41 year old Asian chick from adultfriendfinder tonight. Excited. After my bets are over though of course
    Reply
    Tdog ur my boy ur a sick Fuckk like me I respect that. Uconn up 7 need this one to get my swagger back. I'm meeting this cute 41 year old Asian chick from adultfriendfinder tonight. Excited. After my bets are over though of course
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 3:27 PM ET #3096

    A uconn meltdown would not be good to say the least. A win and then a michigan state cover and I'm above my previous peak profit. Need Purdue then later but I mean u would hope Sparty and Purdue could just compete bc at +9.5 that means two covers. Need uconn first tho a meltdown is possible despite any lead with my teams at any moment
    Reply
    A uconn meltdown would not be good to say the least. A win and then a michigan state cover and I'm above my previous peak profit. Need Purdue then later but I mean u would hope Sparty and Purdue could just compete bc at +9.5 that means two covers. Need uconn first tho a meltdown is possible despite any lead with my teams at any moment
     
    TheBuddah
    TheBuddah
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2009
    Posts: 4174
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 3:29 PM ET #3097

    Bermax - thanks for the link to the Kelly formula.  Agree with your comments about small sample size (it's not worth my time to go back any further and disprove - the 3 - 6 - 13 - theory) as well as the comments on the Kelly formula - however - my point - we all need to have an edge (I use data, algorithims, etc - if I have something that has proven itself, over and over - it will be a bigger wager) - if CG has a spreadsheet where he collects, organizes and analyzes the data (or whatever method he uses and has an edge) - understanding the concept - MAY-help him determine bet size.

    Goose - This is in regards to your baseball betting question - you posed to Shanski - I read a book about baseball betting a long while ago (would love for someone to name the book as I can't remember) - they interviewed a sportsbook manager - He indicated - 95% of the opening line in baseball was based on the Starting Pitcher - one year they dropped it to 90% and they got killed.   That indicated to me - the key driver is the Starting Pitcher - I don't even look at hitters during the season and it's my most profitable sport.  

    Shanski, Vanzack, Bermax, Hutchemall - I appreciate your comments and insight.

    CG - good luck in your choices - and really appreciate your openness and willingness to share in the journey.

    Group Hug :)

      

     

    Reply

    Bermax - thanks for the link to the Kelly formula.  Agree with your comments about small sample size (it's not worth my time to go back any further and disprove - the 3 - 6 - 13 - theory) as well as the comments on the Kelly formula - however - my point - we all need to have an edge (I use data, algorithims, etc - if I have something that has proven itself, over and over - it will be a bigger wager) - if CG has a spreadsheet where he collects, organizes and analyzes the data (or whatever method he uses and has an edge) - understanding the concept - MAY-help him determine bet size.

    Goose - This is in regards to your baseball betting question - you posed to Shanski - I read a book about baseball betting a long while ago (would love for someone to name the book as I can't remember) - they interviewed a sportsbook manager - He indicated - 95% of the opening line in baseball was based on the Starting Pitcher - one year they dropped it to 90% and they got killed.   That indicated to me - the key driver is the Starting Pitcher - I don't even look at hitters during the season and it's my most profitable sport.  

    Shanski, Vanzack, Bermax, Hutchemall - I appreciate your comments and insight.

    CG - good luck in your choices - and really appreciate your openness and willingness to share in the journey.

    Group Hug :)

      

     

     
    rangerz2478
    rangerz2478
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 17830
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 3:34 PM ET #3098

    CG, why is this $1000 wager any different than any of your others? You are sounding like this bet is crucial towards your mindset. Why? It is a very short term way of thinking, and putting everything from last night aside, that line of thinking needs be changed. Do we all want to win every bet? You're damn right we do. 

    But right now your approach sounds like a short term one, not a long term one. 
    Reply
    CG, why is this $1000 wager any different than any of your others? You are sounding like this bet is crucial towards your mindset. Why? It is a very short term way of thinking, and putting everything from last night aside, that line of thinking needs be changed. Do we all want to win every bet? You're damn right we do. 

    But right now your approach sounds like a short term one, not a long term one. 
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 3:38 PM ET #3099

    Ranger (handshake). I like the group hug idea a lot of anger yesterday that's no way to get along. Not to sound like a fagg but glad to see everyone's hostility down today myself included most of all
    Reply
    Ranger (handshake). I like the group hug idea a lot of anger yesterday that's no way to get along. Not to sound like a fagg but glad to see everyone's hostility down today myself included most of all
     
     
    rangerz2478
    rangerz2478
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 17830
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 3:39 PM ET #3100

    You say you don't get too high after wins, or too low after losses. So why is this game so crucial towards your long term success? If you are confident in your abilities, the outcome shouldn't have any impact whatsoever on your mindset. 
    Reply
    You say you don't get too high after wins, or too low after losses. So why is this game so crucial towards your long term success? If you are confident in your abilities, the outcome shouldn't have any impact whatsoever on your mindset. 
    All Forums | The Archives
    «First Previous 124125126 ... 567568569 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Claiming Prizes 57,673
    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,347
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,053
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,964
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,454
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 6,288
    • Sunday nFl Wk 4 7,683
    • MLB Playoffs 5,987
    • Sunday 10/04/2026 556
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,309

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.