• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | The Archives

    Moving to Vegas to become a full time pro handicapper

    «First Previous 123124125 ... 567568569 Next Last»
    baronman
    TheGoldenGoose
    scalabrine
    collegegambler
    JicJac
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 973052
    Posts: 14201
    «First Previous 123124125 ... 567568569 Next Last»
     
    baronman
    baronman
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2010
    Posts: 1333
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 1:04 PM ET #3051

    Ok College going with your picks.Larger  on Michigan St. Ucon smaller. This thread is priceless this guys cusses you out & you cuss him out.All is forgiven.Like another College game .Again wont give out .Locked in my pro game ?+4@ Home.Good luck to all.Hows my writing today.At work ,i have to go .Out
    Reply
    Ok College going with your picks.Larger  on Michigan St. Ucon smaller. This thread is priceless this guys cusses you out & you cuss him out.All is forgiven.Like another College game .Again wont give out .Locked in my pro game ?+4@ Home.Good luck to all.Hows my writing today.At work ,i have to go .Out
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 1:04 PM ET #3052


    Shanski:  What sport was least profitable for you as a Book?  Over the years I have seen more small Bookies go bust during Baseball season than any other.  What would be the main reason for that?  Not laying action off?  IMHO, March will be the toughest month for CG.  Always big surprises in the NCAA tourney.  It's not that easy to handicap.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    Shanski:  What sport was least profitable for you as a Book?  Over the years I have seen more small Bookies go bust during Baseball season than any other.  What would be the main reason for that?  Not laying action off?  IMHO, March will be the toughest month for CG.  Always big surprises in the NCAA tourney.  It's not that easy to handicap.
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 1:05 PM ET #3053

    No NBA picks but he said he liked NBA games today and his record is far more favorable picking them.???

    Interesting.

    It's probably because he liked the Lakers and/or the Cavs but I already posted he'd be on one or both sides so he switched em up at the last minute.

    No matter, these are the picks now.

    Reply

    No NBA picks but he said he liked NBA games today and his record is far more favorable picking them.???

    Interesting.

    It's probably because he liked the Lakers and/or the Cavs but I already posted he'd be on one or both sides so he switched em up at the last minute.

    No matter, these are the picks now.

     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 1:09 PM ET #3054

    Scal I liked games I said... Nothing about nba. It is bizzare that I went the college route today considering I stink in college right now and am 9-2 in nba with one of the losses being lebron being out last second... I just really feel good about these three. Uconn needs to set the tone for the day
    Reply
    Scal I liked games I said... Nothing about nba. It is bizzare that I went the college route today considering I stink in college right now and am 9-2 in nba with one of the losses being lebron being out last second... I just really feel good about these three. Uconn needs to set the tone for the day
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 1:11 PM ET #3055

    CD329- I agree with u that not all sharp plays win and it's good to sometimes bet square and sometimes bet sharp as BOTH sides win. All I am saying is I feel it it's time for a sharp type play to come in and that will be uconn today
    Reply
    CD329- I agree with u that not all sharp plays win and it's good to sometimes bet square and sometimes bet sharp as BOTH sides win. All I am saying is I feel it it's time for a sharp type play to come in and that will be uconn today
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 1:12 PM ET #3056

    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:

    No NBA picks but he said he liked NBA games today and his record is far more favorable picking them.???

    Interesting.

    It's probably because he liked the Lakers and/or the Cavs but I already posted he'd be on one or both sides so he switched em up at the last minute.

    No matter, these are the picks now.




    Scal, seriously dude?  Of all the things you have said in this Thread, and you have said A LOT of stupid things, this has to be the most idiotic.  CG has said, time, after time, after time, he is not influenced by, nor does he care about other people's picks.  He's is own man.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:

    No NBA picks but he said he liked NBA games today and his record is far more favorable picking them.???

    Interesting.

    It's probably because he liked the Lakers and/or the Cavs but I already posted he'd be on one or both sides so he switched em up at the last minute.

    No matter, these are the picks now.




    Scal, seriously dude?  Of all the things you have said in this Thread, and you have said A LOT of stupid things, this has to be the most idiotic.  CG has said, time, after time, after time, he is not influenced by, nor does he care about other people's picks.  He's is own man.
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 1:13 PM ET #3057

    Baronman- for sure. Tempers were flaring yesterday. Once ppl started blaming my Xavier loss on me being with the Milf even tho I capped the game for 2 hours.... and questioned my love and heart and passion for this I went off the deep end. U been supporting me the whole time and I appreciate it.
    Reply
    Baronman- for sure. Tempers were flaring yesterday. Once ppl started blaming my Xavier loss on me being with the Milf even tho I capped the game for 2 hours.... and questioned my love and heart and passion for this I went off the deep end. U been supporting me the whole time and I appreciate it.
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 1:15 PM ET #3058

    Goose u hit it on the head. Thanks brother. And I never said I liked an nba games today not sure where my BOY Scal got that one from. Oh and Scal and anyone else who cares I was with the Milf again last night at her crib this time. I made my video this am as I was driving back from her crib. Reason I'm letting u know is so u can keep my "day after Milf slay nonsense record which u enjoy.
    Reply
    Goose u hit it on the head. Thanks brother. And I never said I liked an nba games today not sure where my BOY Scal got that one from. Oh and Scal and anyone else who cares I was with the Milf again last night at her crib this time. I made my video this am as I was driving back from her crib. Reason I'm letting u know is so u can keep my "day after Milf slay nonsense record which u enjoy.
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 1:17 PM ET #3059

    CG is relaxed, calm and confident today. 43 min till top in UCONN. Let's gooooo strong start and FINISH unlike Xavier and Utah yesterday.
    Reply
    CG is relaxed, calm and confident today. 43 min till top in UCONN. Let's gooooo strong start and FINISH unlike Xavier and Utah yesterday.
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 1:19 PM ET #3060


    My fukking keyboard is skipping characters.

    Must be time for new batteries on this wireless.


    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    My fukking keyboard is skipping characters.

    Must be time for new batteries on this wireless.


     
    JicJac
    JicJac
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 5229
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 1:20 PM ET #3061

    Your avatar is the man that moves the lines. And BTW...he's hiring runners.
    Reply
    Your avatar is the man that moves the lines. And BTW...he's hiring runners.
     
    ad1260
    ad1260
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 8162
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 1:22 PM ET #3062

    CG,

    You said it yourself. Yesterday you had a bit of a meltdown. Let's bounce back today....really love the Purdue play. Let's get that money.

    A new day feeling refreshed.
    Reply
    CG,

    You said it yourself. Yesterday you had a bit of a meltdown. Let's bounce back today....really love the Purdue play. Let's get that money.

    A new day feeling refreshed.
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 1:23 PM ET #3063

    The legendary billy Walters
    Reply
    The legendary billy Walters
     
    FredNorris69
    FredNorris69
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2015
    Posts: 33
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 1:27 PM ET #3064

    On the other side with Wiscky -9..  they have had almost a week to prepare after the loss to MD..  Mich st off a brutal home ot loss and now go on the road..  tough place to play and its also senior day..  i think wiscky rolls but ive been wrong before.
    Reply
    On the other side with Wiscky -9..  they have had almost a week to prepare after the loss to MD..  Mich st off a brutal home ot loss and now go on the road..  tough place to play and its also senior day..  i think wiscky rolls but ive been wrong before.
     
    shipitudonk
    shipitudonk
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 47
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 1:29 PM ET #3065

    CG,

    The vids yesterday were great. Post another after going 3-0 today!!! GL
    Reply
    CG,

    The vids yesterday were great. Post another after going 3-0 today!!! GL
     
    FonziGAMETIME
    FonziGAMETIME
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 97
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 1:35 PM ET #3066

    CG LEETTTS GOOO!!!! TIME FOR SOME Ws MY BOYYY!!!
    Reply
    CG LEETTTS GOOO!!!! TIME FOR SOME Ws MY BOYYY!!!
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 1:41 PM ET #3067

    AD- I apologize to u sorry brother
    Reply
    AD- I apologize to u sorry brother
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 1:42 PM ET #3068

    Ship and Fonzi. Let's gooooooo
    Reply
    Ship and Fonzi. Let's gooooooo
     
    Shanski3461
    Shanski3461
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 66
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 1:49 PM ET #3069

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    Shanski:  What sport was least profitable for you as a Book?  Over the years I have seen more small Bookies go bust during Baseball season than any other.  What would be the main reason for that?  Not laying action off?  IMHO, March will be the toughest month for CG.  Always big surprises in the NCAA tourney.  It's not that easy to handicap.

    To be honest, I didn't even book bases. I had 75 regs for football. It went down to 30 or so for hoops. Only about 5 guys were even interested in betting bases. It wasn't worth the time or the risk on my end.

    That being said, baseball to me is the easiest of the 4 major sports to cap and win. I'm not saying it's easy, but for me has always been miles ahead of others in terms of winning. There are 2430 games a season. 4860 starts for pitchers. If you pick your spots, that's an awful lot of games to exploit.

    Just when I think I know something about football, I realize I know very little. NBA is full of guys who don't seem to really care from night to night. You never know what you will get. Baseball to me is the sport where your eyes can truly see what's what. The "problem" is that you have to make bases your life for 6 months. But come November, it is ALWAYS worth it.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    Shanski:  What sport was least profitable for you as a Book?  Over the years I have seen more small Bookies go bust during Baseball season than any other.  What would be the main reason for that?  Not laying action off?  IMHO, March will be the toughest month for CG.  Always big surprises in the NCAA tourney.  It's not that easy to handicap.

    To be honest, I didn't even book bases. I had 75 regs for football. It went down to 30 or so for hoops. Only about 5 guys were even interested in betting bases. It wasn't worth the time or the risk on my end.

    That being said, baseball to me is the easiest of the 4 major sports to cap and win. I'm not saying it's easy, but for me has always been miles ahead of others in terms of winning. There are 2430 games a season. 4860 starts for pitchers. If you pick your spots, that's an awful lot of games to exploit.

    Just when I think I know something about football, I realize I know very little. NBA is full of guys who don't seem to really care from night to night. You never know what you will get. Baseball to me is the sport where your eyes can truly see what's what. The "problem" is that you have to make bases your life for 6 months. But come November, it is ALWAYS worth it.
     
    Shanski3461
    Shanski3461
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 66
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 1:56 PM ET #3070

    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    Scal I liked games I said... Nothing about nba. It is bizzare that I went the college route today considering I stink in college right now and am 9-2 in nba with one of the losses being lebron being out last second... I just really feel good about these three. Uconn needs to set the tone for the day

    Can you please stop acting like this would have been a winner if he played? You lost. Get over it. Excuses and 5 bucks will get you a sub at Subway.

    I'll say it again. It's like you feel you have to say this sh*t to convince yourself. Just win, man. Leave the excuses for everyone else. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    Scal I liked games I said... Nothing about nba. It is bizzare that I went the college route today considering I stink in college right now and am 9-2 in nba with one of the losses being lebron being out last second... I just really feel good about these three. Uconn needs to set the tone for the day

    Can you please stop acting like this would have been a winner if he played? You lost. Get over it. Excuses and 5 bucks will get you a sub at Subway.

    I'll say it again. It's like you feel you have to say this sh*t to convince yourself. Just win, man. Leave the excuses for everyone else. 
     
    jperuski
    jperuski
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 52
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 1:57 PM ET #3071

    I like the mich st play.
    Reply
    I like the mich st play.
     
    KennyWoo
    KennyWoo
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2005
    Posts: 2510
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 1:59 PM ET #3072

    I haven't been in action on college BB in some time but honestly think that UConn rolls today.  
    Reply
    I haven't been in action on college BB in some time but honestly think that UConn rolls today.  
     
    JicJac
    JicJac
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 5229
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 2:03 PM ET #3073

    Some friendly advise my young brother...

    stop with the video's. I watched them just now and its very clear...youre way too high and you get way too low after wins and losses. Its evident these idiots get to you so why entice them or give them more bullets for their gun? subconsciously it will have an effect on your business. Also, Stop advertising your personal s hit...its no ones business and IT WILL (the haters) eventually have an effect on that also. Young brother, im not just spewing off at the mouth...ive seen it. You aren't immune to this place. If you don't become more private, it will be tougher for you to be happy in the end. Good Luck

    Reply

    Some friendly advise my young brother...

    stop with the video's. I watched them just now and its very clear...youre way too high and you get way too low after wins and losses. Its evident these idiots get to you so why entice them or give them more bullets for their gun? subconsciously it will have an effect on your business. Also, Stop advertising your personal s hit...its no ones business and IT WILL (the haters) eventually have an effect on that also. Young brother, im not just spewing off at the mouth...ive seen it. You aren't immune to this place. If you don't become more private, it will be tougher for you to be happy in the end. Good Luck

     
    rangerz2478
    rangerz2478
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 17830
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 2:04 PM ET #3074

    Quote Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:


    You state you are in this for the long term, but that is short term talk. And I get it....anyone who has a losing day wants to bounce back and wants to turn that around even the next day.

    Two losing days in a row for the first time and that is not fun I'm sure. But you adjusted your bets a bit so that you'd have a winning day if you won both. It's your gig, but that just seems to be incorrect reasoning.  

    You're at 59% right now....if someone said you would win at that rate for the rest of this year, you'd take that an run IN A SECOND.

    Now if your first month was reversed....ie. if you started a little slower and had been coming on the last week, you'd probably feel like Superman.

    I'm no expert, but doesn't half the exercise originally involve trying to keep the same mindset no matter what?  Cuz you're certainly going to go on winning and losing streaks.  

    I know you know some pros on covers who are successful.  One thing I notice about them is that they are always the same.  They don't NOT make a bet because they are 10-0 on the day and couldn't possibly go 11-0 nor do they make a bet or increase their bet size to have a winning day.  

    Most pros don't chase because it's pretty much impossible to do so if they are true to their approach.  

    And I think ranger made a comment about discipline....how many people here are saying discipline means only betting a certain percentage of your roll, etc. I think what he's talking about is being disciplined in your approach (ie. do you know when and why you are successful and do you exploit those situations consistently).

    I kind of compare it to manufacturing.and quality.  Certain things are possible (ie. level of production and quality) because your processes are robust and consistent...you have control).

    Now you appear to be a "feel" capper to a certain extent.  Not a crime.  But much harder to establish controls and consistency.

    Now sports wagering has MANY more variables out of one's control than does manufacturing.  And you can have an extremely developed model of how you go about your business and someone off the street could come in and blow your doors off for 6 months..makes it even less motivating to put in a lot of time and effort on that stuff.  

    I never used to be a huge fan of writing in a journal, but I do now.  It forces me to look at the mistakes I make and what I might do different to avoid them the next time....or to handle them better.  It is unbelievable how much you learn about yourself and limit the number of times you make the same mistake twice.  Not to mention, it could eventually make one heck of a book. 

    I'm watching "The Longest Day" which is making this the longest night.  With that, I'll shut up.

    Don't forget to ask yourself, "what did I learn today?" and actually be serious about it.  



    Great post hutch, especially your very first sentence. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:


    You state you are in this for the long term, but that is short term talk. And I get it....anyone who has a losing day wants to bounce back and wants to turn that around even the next day.

    Two losing days in a row for the first time and that is not fun I'm sure. But you adjusted your bets a bit so that you'd have a winning day if you won both. It's your gig, but that just seems to be incorrect reasoning.  

    You're at 59% right now....if someone said you would win at that rate for the rest of this year, you'd take that an run IN A SECOND.

    Now if your first month was reversed....ie. if you started a little slower and had been coming on the last week, you'd probably feel like Superman.

    I'm no expert, but doesn't half the exercise originally involve trying to keep the same mindset no matter what?  Cuz you're certainly going to go on winning and losing streaks.  

    I know you know some pros on covers who are successful.  One thing I notice about them is that they are always the same.  They don't NOT make a bet because they are 10-0 on the day and couldn't possibly go 11-0 nor do they make a bet or increase their bet size to have a winning day.  

    Most pros don't chase because it's pretty much impossible to do so if they are true to their approach.  

    And I think ranger made a comment about discipline....how many people here are saying discipline means only betting a certain percentage of your roll, etc. I think what he's talking about is being disciplined in your approach (ie. do you know when and why you are successful and do you exploit those situations consistently).

    I kind of compare it to manufacturing.and quality.  Certain things are possible (ie. level of production and quality) because your processes are robust and consistent...you have control).

    Now you appear to be a "feel" capper to a certain extent.  Not a crime.  But much harder to establish controls and consistency.

    Now sports wagering has MANY more variables out of one's control than does manufacturing.  And you can have an extremely developed model of how you go about your business and someone off the street could come in and blow your doors off for 6 months..makes it even less motivating to put in a lot of time and effort on that stuff.  

    I never used to be a huge fan of writing in a journal, but I do now.  It forces me to look at the mistakes I make and what I might do different to avoid them the next time....or to handle them better.  It is unbelievable how much you learn about yourself and limit the number of times you make the same mistake twice.  Not to mention, it could eventually make one heck of a book. 

    I'm watching "The Longest Day" which is making this the longest night.  With that, I'll shut up.

    Don't forget to ask yourself, "what did I learn today?" and actually be serious about it.  



    Great post hutch, especially your very first sentence. 
     
     
    rangerz2478
    rangerz2478
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 17830
    Posted: Mar. 1, 2015 - 2:05 PM ET #3075

    Quote Originally Posted by Shanski3461:

    CG.

    I'll start by saying that I do not have a dog in this fight. Meaning, I only bet on baseball, so your picks mean absolutely nothing to me.

    I have made 1 other post in this thread and it basically said that you seem very likeable and that I am pulling for you. 

    I also said that you kept mentioning "if I don't drink...."  I told you it was simple. If you know you have a drinking problem (you obviously do), just don't f-ing drink. You literally can't do it.

    I mentioned how you keep saying "this is what professionals do..." "I take this very seriously..." "I'm very humble...."   I told you it was almost as if you were saying those things to convince yourself that they were indeed true.

    I also told you that you should listen to Vanzack. I know not everyone loves the guy, but his insights are fantastic. 

    After watching this play out the last 10 days or so since I posted, this is what I have concluded.

    You're likeable when everyone agrees with you. When they don't, forget it. You're a complete tool. Add some alcohol and you become downright pathetic.

    A professional? What a friggin' joke. I'm no pro, but I used to run a small book (75 guys) and have seen your type over and over. You hit at a nice rate for a little while and you think you are the man. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. It's easy money. Then, without fail, every single guy like you gives it back. I never had a year that more than 5 guys finished in the black. Why? Look in the mirror. 95% of them are you. And that is a fact.

    1. You're cocky. (legendary after 40 picks??  wtf???) 
    2. You're "money management" absolutely blows.
    3. You're "dedication" is hardly that.

    I know you will tell me to go F myself, and that's fine. All I'm really trying to do is open your eyes. You're a time bomb. You should check yourself. Rethink. Stay away from booze. Stop treating this like it's a joke. You can say how serious you are, but the posts, vids, and plays themselves say otherwise. 

    Vanzack offered to help you. Take him up on it. Or at least go read his posts. The guy knows his sh*t and seems to actually want to help. That goes for any of you following this post, really. Put your ego's aside and try to learn.

    This is absolutely true. I got a fortune cookie the other day, and this is what it said... "Many receive advice, only the wise profit from it." I immediately thought of CG.

    Listening is a skill. It's not a dirty word.

    Good luck to you CG. Seriously. 


    Another fantastic post. Hopefully CG can take the constructive criticism compared to looking at it like someone is attacking him. 

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanski3461:

    CG.

    I'll start by saying that I do not have a dog in this fight. Meaning, I only bet on baseball, so your picks mean absolutely nothing to me.

    I have made 1 other post in this thread and it basically said that you seem very likeable and that I am pulling for you. 

    I also said that you kept mentioning "if I don't drink...."  I told you it was simple. If you know you have a drinking problem (you obviously do), just don't f-ing drink. You literally can't do it.

    I mentioned how you keep saying "this is what professionals do..." "I take this very seriously..." "I'm very humble...."   I told you it was almost as if you were saying those things to convince yourself that they were indeed true.

    I also told you that you should listen to Vanzack. I know not everyone loves the guy, but his insights are fantastic. 

    After watching this play out the last 10 days or so since I posted, this is what I have concluded.

    You're likeable when everyone agrees with you. When they don't, forget it. You're a complete tool. Add some alcohol and you become downright pathetic.

    A professional? What a friggin' joke. I'm no pro, but I used to run a small book (75 guys) and have seen your type over and over. You hit at a nice rate for a little while and you think you are the man. It's like shooting fish in a barrel. It's easy money. Then, without fail, every single guy like you gives it back. I never had a year that more than 5 guys finished in the black. Why? Look in the mirror. 95% of them are you. And that is a fact.

    1. You're cocky. (legendary after 40 picks??  wtf???) 
    2. You're "money management" absolutely blows.
    3. You're "dedication" is hardly that.

    I know you will tell me to go F myself, and that's fine. All I'm really trying to do is open your eyes. You're a time bomb. You should check yourself. Rethink. Stay away from booze. Stop treating this like it's a joke. You can say how serious you are, but the posts, vids, and plays themselves say otherwise. 

    Vanzack offered to help you. Take him up on it. Or at least go read his posts. The guy knows his sh*t and seems to actually want to help. That goes for any of you following this post, really. Put your ego's aside and try to learn.

    This is absolutely true. I got a fortune cookie the other day, and this is what it said... "Many receive advice, only the wise profit from it." I immediately thought of CG.

    Listening is a skill. It's not a dirty word.

    Good luck to you CG. Seriously. 


    Another fantastic post. Hopefully CG can take the constructive criticism compared to looking at it like someone is attacking him. 

    All Forums | The Archives
    «First Previous 123124125 ... 567568569 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Claiming Prizes 57,673
    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,353
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,053
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,008
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,454
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 6,421
    • Sunday nFl Wk 4 7,903
    • Sunday 10/04/2026 568
    • MLB Playoffs 6,155
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,309

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.