Been a really great run and there are some great games on the slate today but some are going to depend on lineups. Others won't so I will start with what I think will happen regardless of lineup and then add shortly once the full lineups are ready.
SPAIN FH -1 (+115)...BIG PLAY!!!: I want to be clear I am also going to take Spain to win the FH on the ML at -180 but I wont' make that a play since it's relatively expensive. But Spain will NOT want to lose the FH as they did vs. England yielding 2 goals and having to come back to claim the victory. They have been incredible in the first frame and, while I do think winning it by 2 goals might be asking a lot for the Spanish side, I am encouraged by the fact that six of Croatia’s last seven H2H goals came after half-time. Most of the games these two have played have ended up 2-1 so I don't see a tremendous amount of value backing Spain especially since new coach Slaven Bilic opened his previous stint in charge of the national team by going unbeaten in his first 14 games. I think the FH is the safer play regardless of the lineup which should drop soon.
SWITZERLAND (-120) & OVER 1 FH (+100): If you followed me during the World Cup you will know I backed this team again and again. They are very strong, have great leadership, and believe that they are able to win every time they step onto the field. Without some late controversy against Argentina in the World Cup they would have probably ended up as semi-finalists. There is no concern playing Scotland, especially on the road as the Scots have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last seven games at this venue (W4, L3). The Swiss are unbeaten within 90 minutes at any venue since March (W5, D5) and three of Switzerland’s last four matches produced a goal before the 25-minute mark.
I'm going to post these and wait to see what England brings to the affair before adding a play or two. Or potentially not. I hope everyone is having an awesome week and, as always, tail or fade, good luck to all...
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
YTD (SOCCER): 71-35-10 (BIG PLAY!!!: 25-11-6)
Been a really great run and there are some great games on the slate today but some are going to depend on lineups. Others won't so I will start with what I think will happen regardless of lineup and then add shortly once the full lineups are ready.
SPAIN FH -1 (+115)...BIG PLAY!!!: I want to be clear I am also going to take Spain to win the FH on the ML at -180 but I wont' make that a play since it's relatively expensive. But Spain will NOT want to lose the FH as they did vs. England yielding 2 goals and having to come back to claim the victory. They have been incredible in the first frame and, while I do think winning it by 2 goals might be asking a lot for the Spanish side, I am encouraged by the fact that six of Croatia’s last seven H2H goals came after half-time. Most of the games these two have played have ended up 2-1 so I don't see a tremendous amount of value backing Spain especially since new coach Slaven Bilic opened his previous stint in charge of the national team by going unbeaten in his first 14 games. I think the FH is the safer play regardless of the lineup which should drop soon.
SWITZERLAND (-120) & OVER 1 FH (+100): If you followed me during the World Cup you will know I backed this team again and again. They are very strong, have great leadership, and believe that they are able to win every time they step onto the field. Without some late controversy against Argentina in the World Cup they would have probably ended up as semi-finalists. There is no concern playing Scotland, especially on the road as the Scots have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last seven games at this venue (W4, L3). The Swiss are unbeaten within 90 minutes at any venue since March (W5, D5) and three of Switzerland’s last four matches produced a goal before the 25-minute mark.
I'm going to post these and wait to see what England brings to the affair before adding a play or two. Or potentially not. I hope everyone is having an awesome week and, as always, tail or fade, good luck to all...
OVER 1.5 FH ENGLAND/CZECH (+110)...BIG PLAY!!!: Both sides are missing quite a few players but if you look at Englands starring 11, they are far superior, have offensive pieces starting minus Bellingham, and I'm not at ALL impressed with their defensive line. They do have quite a few guys on the bench but I think the Three Lions haven't fared especially well in this tournament while playing on the road and the Czechs will play with nothing to lose. I think England wins this game but the price for that is too high and I'm not wanting to drop -1.5 in the case England comes out flat, as they sometimes do. All in all though, I wouldn't be shocked if Czech scored early and the English answered back before the half.
That will be all...not the most attractive plays but the ones I feel give us a really great chance to profit
Going to add...
OVER 1.5 FH ENGLAND/CZECH (+110)...BIG PLAY!!!: Both sides are missing quite a few players but if you look at Englands starring 11, they are far superior, have offensive pieces starting minus Bellingham, and I'm not at ALL impressed with their defensive line. They do have quite a few guys on the bench but I think the Three Lions haven't fared especially well in this tournament while playing on the road and the Czechs will play with nothing to lose. I think England wins this game but the price for that is too high and I'm not wanting to drop -1.5 in the case England comes out flat, as they sometimes do. All in all though, I wouldn't be shocked if Czech scored early and the English answered back before the half.
That will be all...not the most attractive plays but the ones I feel give us a really great chance to profit
I'm done with England. Not entirely b/c that's just not smart but they had every chance to score and just didn't. Seems to happen all the time they are given gifts and then never come through. With the two other FH plays pushing, I might be dropping a unit here if the Swiss hold on to win.
Shouldn't have added hindsight is 20/20 but more irritating is that the Spanish team could have scored 5 in the FH and hit the post numerous times. I guess pushing is better than losing but really bummed the Swiss or English couldn't take advantage of that early red card on their opponent and pound some goals.
I'm done with England. Not entirely b/c that's just not smart but they had every chance to score and just didn't. Seems to happen all the time they are given gifts and then never come through. With the two other FH plays pushing, I might be dropping a unit here if the Swiss hold on to win.
Shouldn't have added hindsight is 20/20 but more irritating is that the Spanish team could have scored 5 in the FH and hit the post numerous times. I guess pushing is better than losing but really bummed the Swiss or English couldn't take advantage of that early red card on their opponent and pound some goals.
Seems to happen quite a bit with these games where a team is “suooosed” to have no issue covering the first half. Ends in a draw , you can guarantee the heavy 1st half favorite scores quick in the 2nd hapf
@Mike71234
Seems to happen quite a bit with these games where a team is “suooosed” to have no issue covering the first half. Ends in a draw , you can guarantee the heavy 1st half favorite scores quick in the 2nd hapf
Yeah great call the Swiss should finish things off but still bummed about England. I did take the Spain FH ML as I stated so some saving grace there but I will be flat today after profiting incredibly the past couple days.
I do like a game tonight so I might return to this thread and post in a couple of hours.
@Shortporch
Yeah great call the Swiss should finish things off but still bummed about England. I did take the Spain FH ML as I stated so some saving grace there but I will be flat today after profiting incredibly the past couple days.
I do like a game tonight so I might return to this thread and post in a couple of hours.