I have played online poker now for about 3 years at various sites with moderate success given my skills (or lack their of) and an extremely modest bankroll. Party poker kicked my ass, Full Tilt was not horrible and I was down a little, currently at superbook where I am slightly up, and I really miss golden palace poker which paid the mortgage for a while (many loose Euros on the $3/$6 tables).
The question I wanted to ask is the following, does it not seem far more easy to make money at cash tables versus sit n' goes or tourneys online?
I used to find myself play anything from freerolls to $5-$100 tourneys/sit n goes for hours and the payoff was never there (best I have done was 2nd in a $10 mtt which was great, but was never anything consistent). When playing cash tables, it seems like there are more opportunities to really make the big windfall where in the tourneys it is just waiting for the bad beat to complain about. Not sure if it just my style or personality, but at the cash tables I tend to be more patient and fold for long periods of time even up to reloading if I have to waiting for a better chance to make a move.
Just wanted thoughts on people's preferences?
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
I have played online poker now for about 3 years at various sites with moderate success given my skills (or lack their of) and an extremely modest bankroll. Party poker kicked my ass, Full Tilt was not horrible and I was down a little, currently at superbook where I am slightly up, and I really miss golden palace poker which paid the mortgage for a while (many loose Euros on the $3/$6 tables).
The question I wanted to ask is the following, does it not seem far more easy to make money at cash tables versus sit n' goes or tourneys online?
I used to find myself play anything from freerolls to $5-$100 tourneys/sit n goes for hours and the payoff was never there (best I have done was 2nd in a $10 mtt which was great, but was never anything consistent). When playing cash tables, it seems like there are more opportunities to really make the big windfall where in the tourneys it is just waiting for the bad beat to complain about. Not sure if it just my style or personality, but at the cash tables I tend to be more patient and fold for long periods of time even up to reloading if I have to waiting for a better chance to make a move.
i play cash games mostly now because tournys take way to long and i dont have the patience to sit for 7 or 8 hrs to get knocked out of an event by some nitwit making a bad call .
i play turbo sit n goes or 1 table sng every now n then but cash tables are the way to go imo
i play cash games mostly now because tournys take way to long and i dont have the patience to sit for 7 or 8 hrs to get knocked out of an event by some nitwit making a bad call .
i play turbo sit n goes or 1 table sng every now n then but cash tables are the way to go imo