• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | NHL Betting Forum

    General Sharps 2014-2015 NHL Picks

    «First Previous 242526 ... 474849 Next Last»
    SFGiants93
    Serendipity25
    Rack_Em1
    I-wager-pennies
    fxbrassard
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 133647
    Posts: 1204
    «First Previous 242526 ... 474849 Next Last»
     
    SFGiants93
    SFGiants93
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 1201
    Posted: Oct. 27, 2014 - 9:33 PM ET #576

    That was a crazy game.  I guess if you're a Ranger fan, it was one heck of a game to watch. 
    Reply
    That was a crazy game.  I guess if you're a Ranger fan, it was one heck of a game to watch. 
     
    Serendipity25
    Serendipity25
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 63
    Posted: Oct. 27, 2014 - 9:42 PM ET #577

    Sharp, don't listen to these idiots. Keep doing your thing, bro. Let's get this Canadiens game.
    Reply
    Sharp, don't listen to these idiots. Keep doing your thing, bro. Let's get this Canadiens game.
     
    Rack_Em1
    Rack_Em1
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 7
    Posted: Oct. 27, 2014 - 9:43 PM ET #578

    General,

    I started following you about a week ago after doing some research. I am in college and looking for some extra money, just doing 30 dollar units and figured this would help if i stayed disciplined. This cold streak is absolutely killing me and I cannot afford to keep this streak going. Please General I am begging you to try and get this going again. I cannot afford to keep losing but I cannot afford to stop at this point. I know it isn't your intention and it is all about the long run but some of us were not fortunate to be on at the begining. I stayed within what i thought were my limits like you said but I never envisioned anything like this.....
    Reply
    General,

    I started following you about a week ago after doing some research. I am in college and looking for some extra money, just doing 30 dollar units and figured this would help if i stayed disciplined. This cold streak is absolutely killing me and I cannot afford to keep this streak going. Please General I am begging you to try and get this going again. I cannot afford to keep losing but I cannot afford to stop at this point. I know it isn't your intention and it is all about the long run but some of us were not fortunate to be on at the begining. I stayed within what i thought were my limits like you said but I never envisioned anything like this.....
     
    I-wager-pennies
    I-wager-pennies
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2014
    Posts: 97
    Posted: Oct. 27, 2014 - 9:45 PM ET #579

    So did Minnesota take the goalie out of the game 5 goals in the 3rd period im not a fan of hockey but I do like investing and I will continue to roll with general but 5 goals in one period is sick must have been a heck of a game
    Reply
    So did Minnesota take the goalie out of the game 5 goals in the 3rd period im not a fan of hockey but I do like investing and I will continue to roll with general but 5 goals in one period is sick must have been a heck of a game
     
    fxbrassard
    fxbrassard
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 189
    Posted: Oct. 27, 2014 - 9:47 PM ET #580

    All of this non-sense in this thread has to stop.

    Kids, you cannot gamble money you can't afford to lose. That's rule #1. Rule #2 is if you gamble, you're gonna have losing stretchs. In any kind of gambling. 

    All I see here is a bunch of child whining because we have been running bad. No one is forcing you to tail General here. If you can't afford to have a little downswing you shouldn't be here to begin with. 
    Reply
    All of this non-sense in this thread has to stop.

    Kids, you cannot gamble money you can't afford to lose. That's rule #1. Rule #2 is if you gamble, you're gonna have losing stretchs. In any kind of gambling. 

    All I see here is a bunch of child whining because we have been running bad. No one is forcing you to tail General here. If you can't afford to have a little downswing you shouldn't be here to begin with. 
     
    I-wager-pennies
    I-wager-pennies
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2014
    Posts: 97
    Posted: Oct. 27, 2014 - 9:49 PM ET #581

    Quote Originally Posted by Rack_Em1:

    General,I started following you about a week ago after doing some research. I am in college and looking for some extra money, just doing 30 dollar units and figured this would help if i stayed disciplined. This cold streak is absolutely killing me and I cannot afford to keep this streak going. Please General I am begging you to try and get this going again. I cannot afford to keep losing but I cannot afford to stop at this point. I know it isn't your intention and it is all about the long run but some of us were not fortunate to be on at the begining. I stayed within what i thought were my limits like you said but I never envisioned anything like this.....


    Not trying to be that guy but if $30 a game is killing you maybe right now isn't a good time to play the games....wait until you have a bankroll to withstand the cold streaks or go to 1% of your remaining bankroll per pick
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Rack_Em1:

    General,I started following you about a week ago after doing some research. I am in college and looking for some extra money, just doing 30 dollar units and figured this would help if i stayed disciplined. This cold streak is absolutely killing me and I cannot afford to keep this streak going. Please General I am begging you to try and get this going again. I cannot afford to keep losing but I cannot afford to stop at this point. I know it isn't your intention and it is all about the long run but some of us were not fortunate to be on at the begining. I stayed within what i thought were my limits like you said but I never envisioned anything like this.....


    Not trying to be that guy but if $30 a game is killing you maybe right now isn't a good time to play the games....wait until you have a bankroll to withstand the cold streaks or go to 1% of your remaining bankroll per pick
     
    Hammy18
    Hammy18
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 197
    Posted: Oct. 27, 2014 - 9:50 PM ET #582

    Quote Originally Posted by Rack_Em1:

    General,

    I started following you about a week ago after doing some research. I am in college and looking for some extra money, just doing 30 dollar units and figured this would help if i stayed disciplined. This cold streak is absolutely killing me and I cannot afford to keep this streak going. Please General I am begging you to try and get this going again. I cannot afford to keep losing but I cannot afford to stop at this point. I know it isn't your intention and it is all about the long run but some of us were not fortunate to be on at the begining. I stayed within what i thought were my limits like you said but I never envisioned anything like this.....

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Rack_Em1:

    General,

    I started following you about a week ago after doing some research. I am in college and looking for some extra money, just doing 30 dollar units and figured this would help if i stayed disciplined. This cold streak is absolutely killing me and I cannot afford to keep this streak going. Please General I am begging you to try and get this going again. I cannot afford to keep losing but I cannot afford to stop at this point. I know it isn't your intention and it is all about the long run but some of us were not fortunate to be on at the begining. I stayed within what i thought were my limits like you said but I never envisioned anything like this.....

     
    fxbrassard
    fxbrassard
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 189
    Posted: Oct. 27, 2014 - 9:51 PM ET #583

    Quote Originally Posted by Rack_Em1:

    General,

    I started following you about a week ago after doing some research. I am in college and looking for some extra money, just doing 30 dollar units and figured this would help if i stayed disciplined. This cold streak is absolutely killing me and I cannot afford to keep this streak going. Please General I am begging you to try and get this going again. I cannot afford to keep losing but I cannot afford to stop at this point. I know it isn't your intention and it is all about the long run but some of us were not fortunate to be on at the begining. I stayed within what i thought were my limits like you said but I never envisioned anything like this.....

    U should go crying to your mom about this, not on this thread
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Rack_Em1:

    General,

    I started following you about a week ago after doing some research. I am in college and looking for some extra money, just doing 30 dollar units and figured this would help if i stayed disciplined. This cold streak is absolutely killing me and I cannot afford to keep this streak going. Please General I am begging you to try and get this going again. I cannot afford to keep losing but I cannot afford to stop at this point. I know it isn't your intention and it is all about the long run but some of us were not fortunate to be on at the begining. I stayed within what i thought were my limits like you said but I never envisioned anything like this.....

    U should go crying to your mom about this, not on this thread
     
    NHcoverking
    NHcoverking
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2011
    Posts: 2511
    Posted: Oct. 27, 2014 - 9:54 PM ET #584

    Quote Originally Posted by Rack_Em1:

    General,

    I started following you about a week ago after doing some research. I am in college and looking for some extra money, just doing 30 dollar units and figured this would help if i stayed disciplined. This cold streak is absolutely killing me and I cannot afford to keep this streak going. Please General I am begging you to try and get this going again. I cannot afford to keep losing but I cannot afford to stop at this point. I know it isn't your intention and it is all about the long run but some of us were not fortunate to be on at the begining. I stayed within what i thought were my limits like you said but I never envisioned anything like this.....
    im going to give you some advice and I suggest you take it.the reason the tie odds are high is because the probability of it winning are considerably less.if I were you I'd only play sides or totals til you have built up a bit of a bankroll and no offense to the general but there are better hockey handicappers on this site to follow if your not knowledgeable enough to make your own picks
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Rack_Em1:

    General,

    I started following you about a week ago after doing some research. I am in college and looking for some extra money, just doing 30 dollar units and figured this would help if i stayed disciplined. This cold streak is absolutely killing me and I cannot afford to keep this streak going. Please General I am begging you to try and get this going again. I cannot afford to keep losing but I cannot afford to stop at this point. I know it isn't your intention and it is all about the long run but some of us were not fortunate to be on at the begining. I stayed within what i thought were my limits like you said but I never envisioned anything like this.....
    im going to give you some advice and I suggest you take it.the reason the tie odds are high is because the probability of it winning are considerably less.if I were you I'd only play sides or totals til you have built up a bit of a bankroll and no offense to the general but there are better hockey handicappers on this site to follow if your not knowledgeable enough to make your own picks
     
    ThugPunjabi
    ThugPunjabi
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 52
    Posted: Oct. 27, 2014 - 9:56 PM ET #585

    lol
    Reply
    lol
     
    tomynica
    tomynica
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 71
    Posted: Oct. 27, 2014 - 9:56 PM ET #586

    Damn, we were so close to a tie.

    Last few ML lost at OT. Chicago puck line should have easily come. They had a penalty and then conceded a goal while being in PP. Now we had a tie at Rangers-Wild. They were losing 2:4 at last 12-13 minutes, then scored a goal for 3:4 and then again scored 2 more within a minute for a 5:4. I feel like we lack some luck in last few days, nothing else

    General, i hope you're smart enough to just ignore those few mad guys and keep going. Don't let them affect what you're doing and change an opinion about other people here at forum that follows you. If they could do it better on their own, they would never come here.
    Reply
    Damn, we were so close to a tie.

    Last few ML lost at OT. Chicago puck line should have easily come. They had a penalty and then conceded a goal while being in PP. Now we had a tie at Rangers-Wild. They were losing 2:4 at last 12-13 minutes, then scored a goal for 3:4 and then again scored 2 more within a minute for a 5:4. I feel like we lack some luck in last few days, nothing else

    General, i hope you're smart enough to just ignore those few mad guys and keep going. Don't let them affect what you're doing and change an opinion about other people here at forum that follows you. If they could do it better on their own, they would never come here.
     
    itsupforgrabs
    itsupforgrabs
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 12
    Posted: Oct. 27, 2014 - 9:59 PM ET #587

    I signed up to this forum solely to tell people who cannot afford to lose money, to stop betting.
    And it is by no means fair to criticize General when all he is responsible for is his own bank balance. You can choose to follow his advice (and I have on certain games and benefited nicely), but the only person you can blame for a potential (or actual) loss is yourself, and NO ONE else. The man is trying his very best, and even if he was deliberately losing, you'd still be the idiots for considering gambling to be somehow a certainty. 

    For a lot of people in this thread, betting on sports is not the right choice, and to disavow your own responsibility, and subsequently -- when things to not go according to plan, -- project your anger and vent your frustration on someone who has a winning track record (and again, is not liable for you pissing away your money) is beyond pathetic. 

    Get a friggin grip.




    Reply
    I signed up to this forum solely to tell people who cannot afford to lose money, to stop betting.
    And it is by no means fair to criticize General when all he is responsible for is his own bank balance. You can choose to follow his advice (and I have on certain games and benefited nicely), but the only person you can blame for a potential (or actual) loss is yourself, and NO ONE else. The man is trying his very best, and even if he was deliberately losing, you'd still be the idiots for considering gambling to be somehow a certainty. 

    For a lot of people in this thread, betting on sports is not the right choice, and to disavow your own responsibility, and subsequently -- when things to not go according to plan, -- project your anger and vent your frustration on someone who has a winning track record (and again, is not liable for you pissing away your money) is beyond pathetic. 

    Get a friggin grip.




     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Oct. 27, 2014 - 10:01 PM ET #588

    I feel sometimes my teenage kids are here in this thread.

    Anyways, thanks for the support guys. I am glad to see most people understand the law or large numbers, expected value, and variance.

    I bet ties and dogs in hockey because they are +EV plays with good chances of winning. That is why my unit size is 1%. Not 4 or 5%, not even 2%. If you don't have a large bankroll then stick to the less variance plays like the ML picks.

    I am going to continue posting my plays and people can judge me at the end of the season. Not after a bad week where I am up still overall on the season.


    Reply
    I feel sometimes my teenage kids are here in this thread.

    Anyways, thanks for the support guys. I am glad to see most people understand the law or large numbers, expected value, and variance.

    I bet ties and dogs in hockey because they are +EV plays with good chances of winning. That is why my unit size is 1%. Not 4 or 5%, not even 2%. If you don't have a large bankroll then stick to the less variance plays like the ML picks.

    I am going to continue posting my plays and people can judge me at the end of the season. Not after a bad week where I am up still overall on the season.


     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Oct. 27, 2014 - 10:02 PM ET #589

    Quote Originally Posted by itsupforgrabs:

    I signed up to this forum solely to tell people who cannot afford to lose money, to stop betting.
    And it is by no means fair to criticize General when all he is responsible for is his own bank balance. You can choose to follow his advice (and I have on certain games and benefited nicely), but the only person you can blame for a potential (or actual) loss is yourself, and NO ONE else. The man is trying his very best, and even if he was deliberately losing, you'd still be the idiots for considering gambling to be somehow a certainty. 

    For a lot of people in this thread, betting on sports is not the right choice, and to disavow your own responsibility, and subsequently -- when things to not go according to plan, -- project your anger and vent your frustration on someone who has a winning track record (and again, is not liable for you pissing away your money) is beyond pathetic. 

    Get a friggin grip.





    Thank you. Amen. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by itsupforgrabs:

    I signed up to this forum solely to tell people who cannot afford to lose money, to stop betting.
    And it is by no means fair to criticize General when all he is responsible for is his own bank balance. You can choose to follow his advice (and I have on certain games and benefited nicely), but the only person you can blame for a potential (or actual) loss is yourself, and NO ONE else. The man is trying his very best, and even if he was deliberately losing, you'd still be the idiots for considering gambling to be somehow a certainty. 

    For a lot of people in this thread, betting on sports is not the right choice, and to disavow your own responsibility, and subsequently -- when things to not go according to plan, -- project your anger and vent your frustration on someone who has a winning track record (and again, is not liable for you pissing away your money) is beyond pathetic. 

    Get a friggin grip.





    Thank you. Amen. 
     
    Aldous
    Aldous
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 5
    Posted: Oct. 27, 2014 - 10:05 PM ET #590

    Gen im with you till the end of the season. Thanks.
    Reply
    Gen im with you till the end of the season. Thanks.
     
    Leaffan62
    Leaffan62
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2013
    Posts: 32
    Posted: Oct. 27, 2014 - 10:06 PM ET #591

    General,

     

    it dont take long for the boo birds to come out, ignore the haters who a week ago praised you and one bad run and you are not the best guy to follow etc etc. I say to those people go and find somewhere else to whine. If you played any length of time you know there is up and downs. you are doing fine General, hang in there it will come back around. these are his picks follow at your own risk. keep them coming General I have faith and will be here when it all turns around.

    Take care my friend,

    ex military guy as well,

    Cheers,

    Reply

    General,

     

    it dont take long for the boo birds to come out, ignore the haters who a week ago praised you and one bad run and you are not the best guy to follow etc etc. I say to those people go and find somewhere else to whine. If you played any length of time you know there is up and downs. you are doing fine General, hang in there it will come back around. these are his picks follow at your own risk. keep them coming General I have faith and will be here when it all turns around.

    Take care my friend,

    ex military guy as well,

    Cheers,

     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Oct. 27, 2014 - 10:11 PM ET #592

    Quote Originally Posted by Leaffan62:

    General,

     

    it dont take long for the boo birds to come out, ignore the haters who a week ago praised you and one bad run and you are not the best guy to follow etc etc. I say to those people go and find somewhere else to whine. If you played any length of time you know there is up and downs. you are doing fine General, hang in there it will come back around. these are his picks follow at your own risk. keep them coming General I have faith and will be here when it all turns around.

    Take care my friend,

    ex military guy as well,

    Cheers,


    Thank you Leaffan62, appreciate it. Chimo.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaffan62:

    General,

     

    it dont take long for the boo birds to come out, ignore the haters who a week ago praised you and one bad run and you are not the best guy to follow etc etc. I say to those people go and find somewhere else to whine. If you played any length of time you know there is up and downs. you are doing fine General, hang in there it will come back around. these are his picks follow at your own risk. keep them coming General I have faith and will be here when it all turns around.

    Take care my friend,

    ex military guy as well,

    Cheers,


    Thank you Leaffan62, appreciate it. Chimo.
     
    Skydome
    Skydome
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 755
    Posted: Oct. 27, 2014 - 10:18 PM ET #593

    Still with you General, believe me I know all about money management.
    Reply
    Still with you General, believe me I know all about money management.
     
    I-wager-pennies
    I-wager-pennies
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2014
    Posts: 97
    Posted: Oct. 27, 2014 - 10:34 PM ET #594

    Personally I learned bankroll management the hard way lost 5k quick there is no get rich quick in this game bankroll management is key sorry for the clutter general keep grinding
    Reply
    Personally I learned bankroll management the hard way lost 5k quick there is no get rich quick in this game bankroll management is key sorry for the clutter general keep grinding
     
    ThugPunjabi
    ThugPunjabi
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 52
    Posted: Oct. 27, 2014 - 10:36 PM ET #595

    everyone need to stay chill. If anything slam the canucks tomorrow 1 grand. 
    Reply
    everyone need to stay chill. If anything slam the canucks tomorrow 1 grand. 
     
    duchart
    duchart
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 232
    Posted: Oct. 27, 2014 - 10:43 PM ET #596

    Quote Originally Posted by Rack_Em1:

    General,

    I started following you about a week ago after doing some research. I am in college and looking for some extra money, just doing 30 dollar units and figured this would help if i stayed disciplined. This cold streak is absolutely killing me and I cannot afford to keep this streak going. Please General I am begging you to try and get this going again. I cannot afford to keep losing but I cannot afford to stop at this point. I know it isn't your intention and it is all about the long run but some of us were not fortunate to be on at the begining. I stayed within what i thought were my limits like you said but I never envisioned anything like this.....

    really dude?

    I started about a week ago as well and i think i am currently recording like 4.5 units down. So you had $200 to your name and decided $30 units were the way to go?

    WOW!

    If you are getting killed take a look at the games he is playing find 1, 2, or even 3 that you think are the best bets and play those. If he is rolling 6 or 7 bets a night that is his deal. Thats what his system is telling him to do. That does not mean you need to follow everything blindly.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Rack_Em1:

    General,

    I started following you about a week ago after doing some research. I am in college and looking for some extra money, just doing 30 dollar units and figured this would help if i stayed disciplined. This cold streak is absolutely killing me and I cannot afford to keep this streak going. Please General I am begging you to try and get this going again. I cannot afford to keep losing but I cannot afford to stop at this point. I know it isn't your intention and it is all about the long run but some of us were not fortunate to be on at the begining. I stayed within what i thought were my limits like you said but I never envisioned anything like this.....

    really dude?

    I started about a week ago as well and i think i am currently recording like 4.5 units down. So you had $200 to your name and decided $30 units were the way to go?

    WOW!

    If you are getting killed take a look at the games he is playing find 1, 2, or even 3 that you think are the best bets and play those. If he is rolling 6 or 7 bets a night that is his deal. Thats what his system is telling him to do. That does not mean you need to follow everything blindly.
     
    allinriver
    allinriver
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2014
    Posts: 79
    Posted: Oct. 27, 2014 - 11:46 PM ET #597

    General

    First of all, we're really appreciate for hard work and your time to post the plays in this forum no matter what, i have been following you and took your advice for money management is the key to make profit in long run, even a good or professional bettor still have some bad days in gamble career so just ignore those haters, main thing is make profit by end of the season, make money is not just from 1 or 2 days, it's all about long run, so keep up what you do right now, but you have to remember that most of us in here are supporting you and will to stand up for you and against to those haters that complain like little kids when you have bad days, when it comes to gamble, you have to realize that some days we have good days, some dont, so money management is the key, flat bet is the best option to success. Again, thanks General!
    Reply
    General

    First of all, we're really appreciate for hard work and your time to post the plays in this forum no matter what, i have been following you and took your advice for money management is the key to make profit in long run, even a good or professional bettor still have some bad days in gamble career so just ignore those haters, main thing is make profit by end of the season, make money is not just from 1 or 2 days, it's all about long run, so keep up what you do right now, but you have to remember that most of us in here are supporting you and will to stand up for you and against to those haters that complain like little kids when you have bad days, when it comes to gamble, you have to realize that some days we have good days, some dont, so money management is the key, flat bet is the best option to success. Again, thanks General!
     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Oct. 27, 2014 - 11:47 PM ET #598

    I am going to pop open a beer and relax tonight. Will get back at it tomorrow. Sorry guys. Have a good night.
    Reply
    I am going to pop open a beer and relax tonight. Will get back at it tomorrow. Sorry guys. Have a good night.
     
    itsupforgrabs
    itsupforgrabs
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 12
    Posted: Oct. 28, 2014 - 12:09 AM ET #599

    Don't apologize. It's the nature of the game to have bad days.
    Just get back to basics and the tide will turn eventually.
    Reply
    Don't apologize. It's the nature of the game to have bad days.
    Just get back to basics and the tide will turn eventually.
     
     
    gofor67
    gofor67
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 802
    Posted: Oct. 28, 2014 - 12:10 AM ET #600

    Tip of the day for all bettors. Do your own homework, cap your own games and don't bet your hard earned money on someone else's picks. Advice is nice but when it comes down to my money I'll make my own decisions. Relying on someone to make you money is like listening to a banker. Banks are not in business to make you money, they're in business to make money for the bank.
    Reply
    Tip of the day for all bettors. Do your own homework, cap your own games and don't bet your hard earned money on someone else's picks. Advice is nice but when it comes down to my money I'll make my own decisions. Relying on someone to make you money is like listening to a banker. Banks are not in business to make you money, they're in business to make money for the bank.
    All Forums | NHL Betting Forum
    «First Previous 242526 ... 474849 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,328
    • Friday 10/02/2026 906
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 266,337
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 31,148
    • PART DEUX 236
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,123
    • Week 5 Money 6,869
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,754
    • Delaware QB Nick Minicucci 4,130
    • NCAA WEEK 5 ***Mission Impossible: Fade me and win *** 5,409

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.