• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | NHL Betting Forum

    General Sharps 2014-2015 NHL Picks

    «First Previous 192021 ... 474849 Next Last»
    Russ-SVTF150
    WakaFlocka
    GeneralSharp
    Whats_The_Count
    ByTheBay
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 133647
    Posts: 1204
    «First Previous 192021 ... 474849 Next Last»
     
    Russ-SVTF150
    Russ-SVTF150
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 101
    Posted: Oct. 24, 2014 - 1:18 AM ET #451

    had that COL/SJ tie until what 20 seconds left in the 3rd.....wack. Oh well small lose tonight no big deal, could have been a huge win..... Thanks Gen for all the work!!
    Reply
    had that COL/SJ tie until what 20 seconds left in the 3rd.....wack. Oh well small lose tonight no big deal, could have been a huge win..... Thanks Gen for all the work!!
     
    WakaFlocka
    WakaFlocka
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 55
    Posted: Oct. 24, 2014 - 1:19 AM ET #452

    Win or loss, thank you as always, General!
    Reply
    Win or loss, thank you as always, General!
     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Oct. 24, 2014 - 1:22 AM ET #453

    Thanks guys. Tough to swallow but that is the nature of the beast. Will update the database and confirm tomorrows goalies. Will post plays as soon as I can. 
    Reply
    Thanks guys. Tough to swallow but that is the nature of the beast. Will update the database and confirm tomorrows goalies. Will post plays as soon as I can. 
     
    Whats_The_Count
    Whats_The_Count
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 11
    Posted: Oct. 24, 2014 - 1:23 AM ET #454

    Thanks General! Appreciate all your hard work
    Reply
    Thanks General! Appreciate all your hard work
     
    ByTheBay
    ByTheBay
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2014
    Posts: 4793
    Posted: Oct. 24, 2014 - 1:39 AM ET #455

    Ties now 4-11 +$50.00 on the season. Are these something you have done well with over the years? How did last year hold up with these over the course of an entire season?

    Thanks for your time

    Reply
    Ties now 4-11 +$50.00 on the season. Are these something you have done well with over the years? How did last year hold up with these over the course of an entire season?

    Thanks for your time

     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Oct. 24, 2014 - 1:54 AM ET #456

    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheBay:

    Ties now 4-11 +$50.00 on the season. Are these something you have done well with over the years? How did last year hold up with these over the course of an entire season?

    Thanks for your time


    Ties, Puck lines, Money lines and Totals are all profitable plays I make. I started betting more ties when the format changed giving tied teams 1 point each. Thus having an incentive to get to OT.

    I did well last year in all areas. Specifics are irrelevant. My advice is to tail at your own discretion and wait for a larger sample size. I could provide you numbers, but they could easily be BS. The only record the matters is the one in this thread as there is no doubt.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheBay:

    Ties now 4-11 +$50.00 on the season. Are these something you have done well with over the years? How did last year hold up with these over the course of an entire season?

    Thanks for your time


    Ties, Puck lines, Money lines and Totals are all profitable plays I make. I started betting more ties when the format changed giving tied teams 1 point each. Thus having an incentive to get to OT.

    I did well last year in all areas. Specifics are irrelevant. My advice is to tail at your own discretion and wait for a larger sample size. I could provide you numbers, but they could easily be BS. The only record the matters is the one in this thread as there is no doubt.
     
    oreooreo1
    oreooreo1
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2013
    Posts: 619
    Posted: Oct. 24, 2014 - 1:56 AM ET #457

    Thanks for the plays General. Frustrating as hell on the last one but just means we'll get a tie in the last seconds later down the road!
    Reply
    Thanks for the plays General. Frustrating as hell on the last one but just means we'll get a tie in the last seconds later down the road!
     
    ByTheBay
    ByTheBay
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2014
    Posts: 4793
    Posted: Oct. 24, 2014 - 1:59 AM ET #458

    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:


    Ties, Puck lines, Money lines and Totals are all profitable plays I make. I started betting more ties when the format changed giving tied teams 1 point each. Thus having an incentive to get to OT.

    I did well last year in all areas. Specifics are irrelevant. My advice is to tail at your own discretion and wait for a larger sample size. I could provide you numbers, but they could easily be BS. The only record the matters is the one in this thread as there is no doubt.


    You seem like a stand up honest individual. I'd believe the numbers you give. Is there a tie record and units won from last season available for us?


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:


    Ties, Puck lines, Money lines and Totals are all profitable plays I make. I started betting more ties when the format changed giving tied teams 1 point each. Thus having an incentive to get to OT.

    I did well last year in all areas. Specifics are irrelevant. My advice is to tail at your own discretion and wait for a larger sample size. I could provide you numbers, but they could easily be BS. The only record the matters is the one in this thread as there is no doubt.


    You seem like a stand up honest individual. I'd believe the numbers you give. Is there a tie record and units won from last season available for us?


     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Oct. 24, 2014 - 2:07 AM ET #459

    Last season I profited about 155 units in NHL.
    ~40 units on ml
    ~50 units on pl
    ~30 units on ties
    ~35 units on totals

    Give or take a half unit each

    Season includes playoffs. 

    My personal goal each year is 365 units profit. Checking the last 5 I am averaging 225.



    Reply
    Last season I profited about 155 units in NHL.
    ~40 units on ml
    ~50 units on pl
    ~30 units on ties
    ~35 units on totals

    Give or take a half unit each

    Season includes playoffs. 

    My personal goal each year is 365 units profit. Checking the last 5 I am averaging 225.



     
    rivermonsterz
    rivermonsterz
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2013
    Posts: 1033
    Posted: Oct. 24, 2014 - 2:08 AM ET #460

    I would suggest just to bet the ties that general picks. Today we had a small loss due to it not hitting, but we also had a day where the tie hitting was the only reason we made a profit.
    Reply
    I would suggest just to bet the ties that general picks. Today we had a small loss due to it not hitting, but we also had a day where the tie hitting was the only reason we made a profit.
     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Oct. 24, 2014 - 2:10 AM ET #461

    The key for me has not trying to be a big winner. I only started having success when I started flat betting small amounts on single game events no matter the odds.

     I am sure there are more optimal betting methods, but this method keeps me sane. If I have a bad night it doesn't hurt me, and I don't get upset and do something stupid like go all in on womens handball in the Korean league. 

    Reply
    The key for me has not trying to be a big winner. I only started having success when I started flat betting small amounts on single game events no matter the odds.

     I am sure there are more optimal betting methods, but this method keeps me sane. If I have a bad night it doesn't hurt me, and I don't get upset and do something stupid like go all in on womens handball in the Korean league. 

     
    WakaFlocka
    WakaFlocka
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 55
    Posted: Oct. 24, 2014 - 2:14 AM ET #462

    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:

    I am sure there are more optimal betting methods, but this method keeps me sane. If I have a bad night it doesn't hurt me, and I don't get upset and do something stupid like go all in on womens handball in the Korean league. 


    Been there, but volleyball... 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:

    I am sure there are more optimal betting methods, but this method keeps me sane. If I have a bad night it doesn't hurt me, and I don't get upset and do something stupid like go all in on womens handball in the Korean league. 


    Been there, but volleyball... 
     
    ByTheBay
    ByTheBay
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2014
    Posts: 4793
    Posted: Oct. 24, 2014 - 2:27 AM ET #463

    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:

    Last season I profited about 155 units in NHL.
    ~40 units on ml
    ~50 units on pl
    ~30 units on ties
    ~35 units on totals

    Give or take a half unit each

    Season includes playoffs. 

    My personal goal each year is 365 units profit. Checking the last 5 I am averaging 225.





    Incredible numbers...thanks boss



    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:

    Last season I profited about 155 units in NHL.
    ~40 units on ml
    ~50 units on pl
    ~30 units on ties
    ~35 units on totals

    Give or take a half unit each

    Season includes playoffs. 

    My personal goal each year is 365 units profit. Checking the last 5 I am averaging 225.





    Incredible numbers...thanks boss



     
    bonfire69
    bonfire69
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 11133
    Posted: Oct. 24, 2014 - 3:33 AM ET #464

    Reply
     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Oct. 24, 2014 - 4:16 AM ET #465

    Quote Originally Posted by Skydome:

    Hi General new to forum. I'm 59 years old living in Canada with wife and daughter, has two boys living in Texas. I have never done well betting football, baseball and basketball. Won some here and there, but not enough to get ahead. I'm on disability and trying to see what I can do with hockey. You are very impressive. I started out with $200 in Sportsinteraction and now have $350. I bet $10 agame when I have $200 and add $5 every $100 I win. So now I'm betting $15. This is all I can afford and do you think this is ok or do I reaLLY NEED A BIG BANKRoll. This is a start and hopefully next year I can bet $100 a game. Trust in your opinion.

    Hello. Welcome and goodluck. You will see in time managing your money is just as important as picking winners. If you can do both well, you will make money. Best of luck! Just be patient. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydome:

    Hi General new to forum. I'm 59 years old living in Canada with wife and daughter, has two boys living in Texas. I have never done well betting football, baseball and basketball. Won some here and there, but not enough to get ahead. I'm on disability and trying to see what I can do with hockey. You are very impressive. I started out with $200 in Sportsinteraction and now have $350. I bet $10 agame when I have $200 and add $5 every $100 I win. So now I'm betting $15. This is all I can afford and do you think this is ok or do I reaLLY NEED A BIG BANKRoll. This is a start and hopefully next year I can bet $100 a game. Trust in your opinion.

    Hello. Welcome and goodluck. You will see in time managing your money is just as important as picking winners. If you can do both well, you will make money. Best of luck! Just be patient. 
     
    sports_Network
    sports_Network
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 8426
    Posted: Oct. 24, 2014 - 6:05 AM ET #466

    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:

    Well that was a terrible beat. 20 seconds a swing of 4.97 units. 
    2/5 overall with a loss of -0.32 units.

    NYI ML 2.44 (+144) - WIN $244
    PIT@DET OVER 5.5 2.24 (+124) - WIN $224
    CHI@NAS TIE 3.81 (+281) - LOSE $100
    VAN@STL TIE 3.93 (+293) - LOSE $100
    CLB@SJ TIE 3.97 (+297) - LOSE $100


    Overall cost of bets: $500
    Overall winnings: $468
    Overall profit: -$32, -0.32 Units



    2014-2015 NHL Season Record to Date: 33W - 30L

    Starting Bankroll: $10,000
    Current Bankroll: $11,327

    Total Profit in $: +$1,327
    Total Profit in Units: +13.27 units

    bottom line; NYI +144 ML  WIN a valued handicap on dog play. clearly justifies a $32 loss.......as you've said, play your posted picks at discretion (a pick and choose format) I've watched a great deal of hockey over the years, and have seen many a strange results prevail in the final 20 seconds, last night was the first time it hit where it hurts..was counting the chickens before they hatched..Also, good value on the OVER 5.5 WIN +124 the information to look for is the type of plays, the value they possess, the teams involved, and the winning results, that are brought to the forefront. the statement that this thread (plays) makes is quite apparent; MM, and 'value' overpower winning % a key element that supports the winning edge in sport betting..good work General on a 2-3 night of action. Islanders...to the bank

     

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:

    Well that was a terrible beat. 20 seconds a swing of 4.97 units. 
    2/5 overall with a loss of -0.32 units.

    NYI ML 2.44 (+144) - WIN $244
    PIT@DET OVER 5.5 2.24 (+124) - WIN $224
    CHI@NAS TIE 3.81 (+281) - LOSE $100
    VAN@STL TIE 3.93 (+293) - LOSE $100
    CLB@SJ TIE 3.97 (+297) - LOSE $100


    Overall cost of bets: $500
    Overall winnings: $468
    Overall profit: -$32, -0.32 Units



    2014-2015 NHL Season Record to Date: 33W - 30L

    Starting Bankroll: $10,000
    Current Bankroll: $11,327

    Total Profit in $: +$1,327
    Total Profit in Units: +13.27 units

    bottom line; NYI +144 ML  WIN a valued handicap on dog play. clearly justifies a $32 loss.......as you've said, play your posted picks at discretion (a pick and choose format) I've watched a great deal of hockey over the years, and have seen many a strange results prevail in the final 20 seconds, last night was the first time it hit where it hurts..was counting the chickens before they hatched..Also, good value on the OVER 5.5 WIN +124 the information to look for is the type of plays, the value they possess, the teams involved, and the winning results, that are brought to the forefront. the statement that this thread (plays) makes is quite apparent; MM, and 'value' overpower winning % a key element that supports the winning edge in sport betting..good work General on a 2-3 night of action. Islanders...to the bank

     

     
    Motherflickee
    Motherflickee
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 1257
    Posted: Oct. 24, 2014 - 6:37 AM ET #467

    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:

    The key for me has not trying to be a big winner. I only started having success when I started flat betting small amounts on single game events no matter the odds.

     I am sure there are more optimal betting methods, but this method keeps me sane. If I have a bad night it doesn't hurt me, and I don't get upset and do something stupid like go all in on womens handball in the Korean league. 


    Lol yea been there, except Aussie rules footbal

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:

    The key for me has not trying to be a big winner. I only started having success when I started flat betting small amounts on single game events no matter the odds.

     I am sure there are more optimal betting methods, but this method keeps me sane. If I have a bad night it doesn't hurt me, and I don't get upset and do something stupid like go all in on womens handball in the Korean league. 


    Lol yea been there, except Aussie rules footbal

     
    tomynica
    tomynica
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 71
    Posted: Oct. 24, 2014 - 7:09 AM ET #468

    This time we were just 20 seconds away from a winning night, but next time we'll win in those 20 seconds. What goes around, comes back around you know.

    Anyways, wanted to say i really appreciate what you're doing General. I'm a college student from Croatia. Our country is in a deep garbage to be honest. People are mostly working for approximately 400-500€ a month and when i tell you i earned ~250€ in this 2 weeks following you, you can only imagine how huge that is to me.

    Love you man!
    Reply
    This time we were just 20 seconds away from a winning night, but next time we'll win in those 20 seconds. What goes around, comes back around you know.

    Anyways, wanted to say i really appreciate what you're doing General. I'm a college student from Croatia. Our country is in a deep garbage to be honest. People are mostly working for approximately 400-500€ a month and when i tell you i earned ~250€ in this 2 weeks following you, you can only imagine how huge that is to me.

    Love you man!
     
    BIGBEE23
    BIGBEE23
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 208
    Posted: Oct. 24, 2014 - 10:21 AM ET #469

    Quote Originally Posted by tomynica:

    This time we were just 20 seconds away from a winning night, but next time we'll win in those 20 seconds. What goes around, comes back around you know.

    Anyways, wanted to say i really appreciate what you're doing General. I'm a college student from Croatia. Our country is in a deep garbage to be honest. People are mostly working for approximately 400-500€ a month and when i tell you i earned ~250€ in this 2 weeks following you, you can only imagine how huge that is to me.

    Love you man!


    Great story, Hope you and the General keep winning!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by tomynica:

    This time we were just 20 seconds away from a winning night, but next time we'll win in those 20 seconds. What goes around, comes back around you know.

    Anyways, wanted to say i really appreciate what you're doing General. I'm a college student from Croatia. Our country is in a deep garbage to be honest. People are mostly working for approximately 400-500€ a month and when i tell you i earned ~250€ in this 2 weeks following you, you can only imagine how huge that is to me.

    Love you man!


    Great story, Hope you and the General keep winning!
     
    jbconnect12
    jbconnect12
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2012
    Posts: 13
    Posted: Oct. 24, 2014 - 12:13 PM ET #470

    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:

    The key for me has not trying to be a big winner. I only started having success when I started flat betting small amounts on single game events no matter the odds.

     I am sure there are more optimal betting methods, but this method keeps me sane. If I have a bad night it doesn't hurt me, and I don't get upset and do something stupid like go all in on womens handball in the Korean league. 


    I prefer to just go all-in on a heavy favorite in a UFC fight.  Rhonda Rousey's my favorite fighter of all time.  


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:

    The key for me has not trying to be a big winner. I only started having success when I started flat betting small amounts on single game events no matter the odds.

     I am sure there are more optimal betting methods, but this method keeps me sane. If I have a bad night it doesn't hurt me, and I don't get upset and do something stupid like go all in on womens handball in the Korean league. 


    I prefer to just go all-in on a heavy favorite in a UFC fight.  Rhonda Rousey's my favorite fighter of all time.  


     
    Leaffan62
    Leaffan62
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2013
    Posts: 32
    Posted: Oct. 24, 2014 - 2:11 PM ET #471

    good afternoon General,

     

    Will you or have you started an NBA Forum??????

    Great Job with NHL

    Reply

    good afternoon General,

     

    Will you or have you started an NBA Forum??????

    Great Job with NHL

     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Oct. 24, 2014 - 5:03 PM ET #472

    Hi guys. Sorry I will post picks in 20 minutes. I had to account for injuries and wait for starting lineups. 

    Thanks for all the comments. Appreciate it SN. Glad I can help out. I hope we have a great night tonight. 
    Reply
    Hi guys. Sorry I will post picks in 20 minutes. I had to account for injuries and wait for starting lineups. 

    Thanks for all the comments. Appreciate it SN. Glad I can help out. I hope we have a great night tonight. 
     
    JorgeMtzBrohez
    JorgeMtzBrohez
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2010
    Posts: 472
    Posted: Oct. 24, 2014 - 5:30 PM ET #473

    Great Job General !! Greetings from Mexico 
    Reply
    Great Job General !! Greetings from Mexico 
     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Oct. 24, 2014 - 5:32 PM ET #474

    Today's Plays: Friday October 24th, 2014: All lines are from Pinnacle Sports at the time of post. 

    TB ML    1.92 (-108)
    DAL NJ OVER 5.5    2.27 (+127)
    VAN COL OVER 5.5    2.13 (+113)
    CAR@EDM OVER 5.5    2.07 (+107)
    CLB ML    2.71 (+171)
    CLB@ANA OVER 5.5    1.95 (-105)

    As always, flat bet 1 unit each. Good luck guys!
    Reply
    Today's Plays: Friday October 24th, 2014: All lines are from Pinnacle Sports at the time of post. 

    TB ML    1.92 (-108)
    DAL NJ OVER 5.5    2.27 (+127)
    VAN COL OVER 5.5    2.13 (+113)
    CAR@EDM OVER 5.5    2.07 (+107)
    CLB ML    2.71 (+171)
    CLB@ANA OVER 5.5    1.95 (-105)

    As always, flat bet 1 unit each. Good luck guys!
     
     
    GeneralSharp
    GeneralSharp
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2014
    Posts: 634
    Posted: Oct. 24, 2014 - 5:32 PM ET #475

    Quote Originally Posted by JorgeMtzBrohez:

    Great Job General !! Greetings from Mexico 

    Welcome and good luck! 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JorgeMtzBrohez:

    Great Job General !! Greetings from Mexico 

    Welcome and good luck! 
    All Forums | NHL Betting Forum
    «First Previous 192021 ... 474849 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,318
    • Friday 10/02/2026 901
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 266,190
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,117
    • Cleveland Bettors 2,709
    • PART DEUX 224
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 30,691
    • NCAA WEEK 5 ***Mission Impossible: Fade me and win *** 5,094
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 12,158
    • We have picked a terrible time to have the stupidest president ever 30,593

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.