Posted:
#501
General Sharps 2014-2015 NHL Picks
Posted:
#507
Quote Originally Posted by ByTheBay:
Do you ever step out on a play or two throughout the season? Maybe a game your numbers are ridiculously strong on. Like a game of the year type play? Or is everything a flat bet the entire season, regardless of how strong your system favors?

Do you ever step out on a play or two throughout the season? Maybe a game your numbers are ridiculously strong on. Like a game of the year type play? Or is everything a flat bet the entire season, regardless of how strong your system favors?
I used to, once in awhile, go big on a play. This was however, very very rare. When my unit size got high enough to make money i was satisfied with, I stopped. There was no need to increase my variance when I was making money I was happy with.
Quote Originally Posted by ByTheBay:
Do you ever step out on a play or two throughout the season? Maybe a game your numbers are ridiculously strong on. Like a game of the year type play? Or is everything a flat bet the entire season, regardless of how strong your system favors?

Do you ever step out on a play or two throughout the season? Maybe a game your numbers are ridiculously strong on. Like a game of the year type play? Or is everything a flat bet the entire season, regardless of how strong your system favors?
I used to, once in awhile, go big on a play. This was however, very very rare. When my unit size got high enough to make money i was satisfied with, I stopped. There was no need to increase my variance when I was making money I was happy with.
Posted:
#509
Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:
Today's Plays: Saturday October 25th, 2014: All lines are from Pinnacle Sports at the time of post.
Today's Plays: Saturday October 25th, 2014: All lines are from Pinnacle Sports at the time of post.
8 plays today guys. Big night.
OTT ML (off the board, waiting on line)
DET ML 2.04 (+104)
MTL ML 1.81 (-123)
DAL@NYI OVER 5.5 (off the board, waiting on line)
NAS ML 2.04 (+104)
TB@MIN UNDER 5 2.06 (+106)
FLA ML 2.36 (+136)
WAS ML 1.90 (-110)
Once the lines are out for OTT money line and DAL@NYI Over 5.5 I will bet them. They will be plays.
Good luck everyone. 
Lines are out for OTT and DAL@NYI OVER 5.5, final card...
OTT ML 1.74 (-135)
DET ML 2.04 (+104)
MTL ML 1.81 (-123)
DAL@NYI OVER 5.5 1.74 (-135)
NAS ML 2.04 (+104)
TB@MIN UNDER 5 2.06 (+106)
FLA ML 2.36 (+136)
WAS ML 1.90 (-110)
Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:
Today's Plays: Saturday October 25th, 2014: All lines are from Pinnacle Sports at the time of post.
Today's Plays: Saturday October 25th, 2014: All lines are from Pinnacle Sports at the time of post.
8 plays today guys. Big night.
OTT ML (off the board, waiting on line)
DET ML 2.04 (+104)
MTL ML 1.81 (-123)
DAL@NYI OVER 5.5 (off the board, waiting on line)
NAS ML 2.04 (+104)
TB@MIN UNDER 5 2.06 (+106)
FLA ML 2.36 (+136)
WAS ML 1.90 (-110)
Once the lines are out for OTT money line and DAL@NYI Over 5.5 I will bet them. They will be plays.
Good luck everyone. 
Lines are out for OTT and DAL@NYI OVER 5.5, final card...
OTT ML 1.74 (-135)
DET ML 2.04 (+104)
MTL ML 1.81 (-123)
DAL@NYI OVER 5.5 1.74 (-135)
NAS ML 2.04 (+104)
TB@MIN UNDER 5 2.06 (+106)
FLA ML 2.36 (+136)
WAS ML 1.90 (-110)
Posted:
#511
Sharp
I have a question to ask you if you dont mind, base on your career betting of hockey, when you have 6 plays or more a day, had you ever hit all winners in a night,?i am thinking to parlay all your plays when you have more than 6 picks for just small $$ in case it hit
Sharp
I have a question to ask you if you dont mind, base on your career betting of hockey, when you have 6 plays or more a day, had you ever hit all winners in a night,?i am thinking to parlay all your plays when you have more than 6 picks for just small $$ in case it hit
Posted:
#513
Quote Originally Posted by allinriver:
Sharp
Sharp
I have a question to ask you if you dont mind, base on your career betting of hockey, when you have 6 plays or more a day, had you ever hit all winners in a night,?i am thinking to parlay all your plays when you have more than 6 picks for just small $$ in case it hit
I don't bet parlays because I don't need a big score in one night. I'd rather grind it out over time and have a much better chance of winning. Parlays are almost never good +EV bets, unless you can parlay 2-3 soft lines and hit. I just don't do it. Some nights I bet 1 game, sometimes 10. It all depends on +EV. It's always about the long term.
Quote Originally Posted by allinriver:
Sharp
Sharp
I have a question to ask you if you dont mind, base on your career betting of hockey, when you have 6 plays or more a day, had you ever hit all winners in a night,?i am thinking to parlay all your plays when you have more than 6 picks for just small $$ in case it hit
I don't bet parlays because I don't need a big score in one night. I'd rather grind it out over time and have a much better chance of winning. Parlays are almost never good +EV bets, unless you can parlay 2-3 soft lines and hit. I just don't do it. Some nights I bet 1 game, sometimes 10. It all depends on +EV. It's always about the long term.
Posted:
#514
Quote Originally Posted by Theslickerone28:
Just curious with hiller on bench this game do u think wash/Calgary should go over? On wash as well
Just curious with hiller on bench this game do u think wash/Calgary should go over? On wash as well
Overs for me must involve high scoring teams with bad or tired defense. Goalies are a part of capping totals, but not as much as you would think. This wasn't a play for me so I passed.
Quote Originally Posted by Theslickerone28:
Just curious with hiller on bench this game do u think wash/Calgary should go over? On wash as well
Just curious with hiller on bench this game do u think wash/Calgary should go over? On wash as well
Overs for me must involve high scoring teams with bad or tired defense. Goalies are a part of capping totals, but not as much as you would think. This wasn't a play for me so I passed.
Posted:
#515
Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:
I don't bet parlays because I don't need a big score in one night. I'd rather grind it out over time and have a much better chance of winning. Parlays are almost never good +EV bets, unless you can parlay 2-3 soft lines and hit. I just don't do it. Some nights I bet 1 game, sometimes 10. It all depends on +EV. It's always about the long term.
Thanks, good advice, i am trying not to do parlay because chance of losing more than winning!
Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:
I don't bet parlays because I don't need a big score in one night. I'd rather grind it out over time and have a much better chance of winning. Parlays are almost never good +EV bets, unless you can parlay 2-3 soft lines and hit. I just don't do it. Some nights I bet 1 game, sometimes 10. It all depends on +EV. It's always about the long term.
Thanks, good advice, i am trying not to do parlay because chance of losing more than winning!
Posted:
#516
Hey General, just out of curiosity. Compared to last few years, how you're doing so far? Are you "ahead" or "behind" in units then previous years?
Hey General, just out of curiosity. Compared to last few years, how you're doing so far? Are you "ahead" or "behind" in units then previous years?
Posted:
#517
Quote Originally Posted by tomynica:
Hey General, just out of curiosity. Compared to last few years, how you're doing so far? Are you "ahead" or "behind" in units then previous years?
Hey General, just out of curiosity. Compared to last few years, how you're doing so far? Are you "ahead" or "behind" in units then previous years?
I don't measure success after a few weeks. So far this year, being up 13+ units after a few weeks, it's pretty average. There have been months where I didn't win anything, and other months where I make 50+ units. That's why being patient and grinding is the best way, at least in my opinion. I don't panic if I am in a rut or losing streak. I have a winning model and I am happy with my results.
Quote Originally Posted by tomynica:
Hey General, just out of curiosity. Compared to last few years, how you're doing so far? Are you "ahead" or "behind" in units then previous years?
Hey General, just out of curiosity. Compared to last few years, how you're doing so far? Are you "ahead" or "behind" in units then previous years?
I don't measure success after a few weeks. So far this year, being up 13+ units after a few weeks, it's pretty average. There have been months where I didn't win anything, and other months where I make 50+ units. That's why being patient and grinding is the best way, at least in my opinion. I don't panic if I am in a rut or losing streak. I have a winning model and I am happy with my results.
Posted:
#518
Absolutely, totally understand it. Didn't mean anything bad btw, was just curious :) Will definitely keep following you till the end of the season so lets see where will that get us.
Once again, appreciate the hard work you're doing to help us here. Keep rocking
Once again, appreciate the hard work you're doing to help us here. Keep rocking
Absolutely, totally understand it. Didn't mean anything bad btw, was just curious :) Will definitely keep following you till the end of the season so lets see where will that get us.
Once again, appreciate the hard work you're doing to help us here. Keep rocking
Once again, appreciate the hard work you're doing to help us here. Keep rocking
Posted:
#519
Sorry guys. Not a good night going 3-5. Disappointed in Florida and Ottawa. Expected more. We grind on.
OTT ML 1.74 (-135) - LOSE $100
DET ML 2.04 (+104) - LOSE $100
MTL ML 1.81 (-123) - WIN $181
DAL@NYI OVER 5.5 1.74 (-135) - WIN $174
NAS ML 2.04 (+104) - LOSE $100
TB@MIN UNDER 5 2.06 (+106) - LOSE $100
FLA ML 2.36 (+136) - LOSE $100
WAS ML 1.90 (-110) - WIN $190
Overall cost of bets: $800
Overall winnings: $545
Overall profit: -$255, -2.55 Units
2014-2015 NHL Season Record to Date: 39W - 38L
Starting Bankroll: $10,000
Current Bankroll: $11,084
Total Profit in $: +$1,084
Total Profit in Units: +10.84 units
Sorry guys. Not a good night going 3-5. Disappointed in Florida and Ottawa. Expected more. We grind on.
OTT ML 1.74 (-135) - LOSE $100
DET ML 2.04 (+104) - LOSE $100
MTL ML 1.81 (-123) - WIN $181
DAL@NYI OVER 5.5 1.74 (-135) - WIN $174
NAS ML 2.04 (+104) - LOSE $100
TB@MIN UNDER 5 2.06 (+106) - LOSE $100
FLA ML 2.36 (+136) - LOSE $100
WAS ML 1.90 (-110) - WIN $190
Overall cost of bets: $800
Overall winnings: $545
Overall profit: -$255, -2.55 Units
2014-2015 NHL Season Record to Date: 39W - 38L
Starting Bankroll: $10,000
Current Bankroll: $11,084
Total Profit in $: +$1,084
Total Profit in Units: +10.84 units
Posted:
#520
blame me. im the jinx! 
We will get them tomorrow... and who would have thought the Wild would just go off tonight?
Have you ever tried out Pinnacle's Mobile Site for making your bets. It is more streamlined and easier i find to see all the lines they have on a game in one shot. no flipping back and forth for props. Made my bets standing in line waiting to pay for my groceries at Safeway.
Also no need to apologize to us. You dont force anyone to place bets on your thoughts regarding the games.
Thank You for putting the work in!
blame me. im the jinx! 
We will get them tomorrow... and who would have thought the Wild would just go off tonight?
Have you ever tried out Pinnacle's Mobile Site for making your bets. It is more streamlined and easier i find to see all the lines they have on a game in one shot. no flipping back and forth for props. Made my bets standing in line waiting to pay for my groceries at Safeway.
Also no need to apologize to us. You dont force anyone to place bets on your thoughts regarding the games.
Thank You for putting the work in!
Posted:
#521
Quote Originally Posted by duchart:
blame me. im the jinx!
blame me. im the jinx!
We will get them tomorrow... and who would have thought the Wild would just go off tonight?
Have you ever tried out Pinnacle's Mobile Site for making your bets. It is more streamlined and easier i find to see all the lines they have on a game in one shot. no flipping back and forth for props. Made my bets standing in line waiting to pay for my groceries at Safeway.
Also no need to apologize to us. You dont force anyone to place bets on your thoughts regarding the games.
Thank You for putting the work in!
Thanks. I do feel bad because I know people are losing real money. I appreciate your kind words.
Quote Originally Posted by duchart:
blame me. im the jinx!
blame me. im the jinx!
We will get them tomorrow... and who would have thought the Wild would just go off tonight?
Have you ever tried out Pinnacle's Mobile Site for making your bets. It is more streamlined and easier i find to see all the lines they have on a game in one shot. no flipping back and forth for props. Made my bets standing in line waiting to pay for my groceries at Safeway.
Also no need to apologize to us. You dont force anyone to place bets on your thoughts regarding the games.
Thank You for putting the work in!
Thanks. I do feel bad because I know people are losing real money. I appreciate your kind words.
Posted:
#522
Today's Plays: Sunday October 26th, 2014: All lines are from Pinnacle Sports at the time of post.
WAS@VAN OVER 5.5 2.13 (+113)
CHI PL -1.5 2.58 (+158)
COL ML 1.89 (-112)
CLB@LAK TIE 3.97 (+297)
ANA@SJ TIE 4.01 (+301)
1 Unit flat bet each. Good luck everyone.
Today's Plays: Sunday October 26th, 2014: All lines are from Pinnacle Sports at the time of post.
WAS@VAN OVER 5.5 2.13 (+113)
CHI PL -1.5 2.58 (+158)
COL ML 1.89 (-112)
CLB@LAK TIE 3.97 (+297)
ANA@SJ TIE 4.01 (+301)
1 Unit flat bet each. Good luck everyone.
Posted:
#524
Posted:
#525
Uhm, this is probably a dumb and funny question, but whatever. I've never used Pinnacle Sports so far, registered there just to bet on your NHL tips, so i am still getting used to it.
Anyways, i can't find a "tie" as a betting option
Could someone please explain me where can i find that option? I found everything else, but not this. I mean, i could bet those 2 ties at other bookie, but i got the money at Pinnacle Sports just for NHL so i would like to use that to keep the money management even easier.
Anyways, i can't find a "tie" as a betting option
Uhm, this is probably a dumb and funny question, but whatever. I've never used Pinnacle Sports so far, registered there just to bet on your NHL tips, so i am still getting used to it.
Anyways, i can't find a "tie" as a betting option
Could someone please explain me where can i find that option? I found everything else, but not this. I mean, i could bet those 2 ties at other bookie, but i got the money at Pinnacle Sports just for NHL so i would like to use that to keep the money management even easier.
Anyways, i can't find a "tie" as a betting option
Hot Forum Topics
- 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,322
- Friday 10/02/2026 902
- 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 266,200
- Cleveland Bettors 2,711
- Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,119
- NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 30,758
- PART DEUX 224
- NCAA WEEK 5 ***Mission Impossible: Fade me and win *** 5,247
- We have picked a terrible time to have the stupidest president ever 30,593
- ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,742
Warning - External Link
Report User
Thank you for reporting
This content is abusive or harmful
This post is spam
An error has occurred
This post is spam
This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google
Privacy Policy and
Terms of Service apply.
Delete Post
Are you sure you would like to remove this post?
Remove Thread
Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?
Scan Results
Login/Register
Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Accounts are free and easy to create.
Search
