'another' profitable evening c/o GeneralSharp / NHL congratulations Sharp; on cappin' that continues to be extremely "well done" You've got it, go for it.......
Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:
Good recovery going 2-0, for 2.08 units profit.
MIN@LAK UNDER 5 1.81 (-123) WIN $181
CAL ML 2.27 (+127) - WIN $227
Overall cost of bets: $200
Overall winnings: $408
Overall profit: +$208, 2.08 units
2014-2015 NHL Season Record to Date: 26W - 20L
Starting Bankroll: $10,000
Current Bankroll: $11,247
Total Profit in $: +$1,247
Total Profit in Units: +12.47 units
'another' profitable evening c/o GeneralSharp / NHL congratulations Sharp; on cappin' that continues to be extremely "well done" You've got it, go for it.......
Interesting thread going here...... But with only one game on tonight and TB taking 95% of bets and the over is taking 98%, seems like the value in this game would be EDM +1.5 or Under...
just adding my 2 cents.
Congratulations on your profitable start !
Interesting thread going here...... But with only one game on tonight and TB taking 95% of bets and the over is taking 98%, seems like the value in this game would be EDM +1.5 or Under...
Hey General, do you make adjustments to your handicapping as the nhl season goes on. I know in baseball a lot of cappers break the season down into 2 or 3 stages as the season goes on to adjust for pitchers and hitters developing.
Hey General, do you make adjustments to your handicapping as the nhl season goes on. I know in baseball a lot of cappers break the season down into 2 or 3 stages as the season goes on to adjust for pitchers and hitters developing.
Interesting thread going here...... But with only one game on tonight and TB taking 95% of bets and the over is taking 98%, seems like the value in this game would be EDM +1.5 or Under...
just adding my 2 cents.
Congratulations on your profitable start !
I understand +EV, but there is no value in a loser. Tampa bay has a better goalie, by far, much better defense, and more scoring threats. EDM is a disaster. Is TB a lock? No, but I will not over think this. My model says TB, TB it is. Good luck.
Quote Originally Posted by KingStreet99:
Interesting thread going here...... But with only one game on tonight and TB taking 95% of bets and the over is taking 98%, seems like the value in this game would be EDM +1.5 or Under...
just adding my 2 cents.
Congratulations on your profitable start !
I understand +EV, but there is no value in a loser. Tampa bay has a better goalie, by far, much better defense, and more scoring threats. EDM is a disaster. Is TB a lock? No, but I will not over think this. My model says TB, TB it is. Good luck.
Hey General, do you make adjustments to your handicapping as the nhl season goes on. I know in baseball a lot of cappers break the season down into 2 or 3 stages as the season goes on to adjust for pitchers and hitters developing.
Absolutely. I adjust actually every day. A big part of my capping NHL games is the starting goalie in that particular building vs. the lines posted for that day and defensive pairings. One key D man out can change a whole lot of dynamics.
Quote Originally Posted by oreooreo1:
Hey General, do you make adjustments to your handicapping as the nhl season goes on. I know in baseball a lot of cappers break the season down into 2 or 3 stages as the season goes on to adjust for pitchers and hitters developing.
Absolutely. I adjust actually every day. A big part of my capping NHL games is the starting goalie in that particular building vs. the lines posted for that day and defensive pairings. One key D man out can change a whole lot of dynamics.
Thanks Gen for the picks....what do u think of parlaying the ML on a busy night when u have say four to five ML bets? I did that on the 17th ( 4 teams) and hit... a half unit paid 4.1 units, but on the 16th a 5 team parlay (that didn't hit) for a half a unit would have paid 15.1 units. Do u think this is +EV or not? Is there a lot of nights where u can recall a ML sweep like that??? Thanks in advance for the info and discussion.
Thanks Gen for the picks....what do u think of parlaying the ML on a busy night when u have say four to five ML bets? I did that on the 17th ( 4 teams) and hit... a half unit paid 4.1 units, but on the 16th a 5 team parlay (that didn't hit) for a half a unit would have paid 15.1 units. Do u think this is +EV or not? Is there a lot of nights where u can recall a ML sweep like that??? Thanks in advance for the info and discussion.
Hey guys. I can honestly say I was extremely confident Tampa would win and it would go over 5.5. It was a very strong play in my model.
What I really hope is nobody lost more than I did. I lost 2 units. Despite being a strong play for the puck line and over, I just lost 2 units. Simply because of bankroll management. There are no locks. There are no all in plays or big plays. That is why I flat bet. So no ouch for me. No ouch for the people that tailed IF they followed what I preach, bankroll management.
Since the NHL season started 2 weeks ago, using my picks and flat betting method, you would still be up over 10 units that past 2 weeks after today's loss.
I cannot stress bankroll management enough. I hope nobody went big because this was the only game tonight. Just flat bet 1 unit each play. Manage your money properly and days like this you won't take a big hit.
Hey guys. I can honestly say I was extremely confident Tampa would win and it would go over 5.5. It was a very strong play in my model.
What I really hope is nobody lost more than I did. I lost 2 units. Despite being a strong play for the puck line and over, I just lost 2 units. Simply because of bankroll management. There are no locks. There are no all in plays or big plays. That is why I flat bet. So no ouch for me. No ouch for the people that tailed IF they followed what I preach, bankroll management.
Since the NHL season started 2 weeks ago, using my picks and flat betting method, you would still be up over 10 units that past 2 weeks after today's loss.
I cannot stress bankroll management enough. I hope nobody went big because this was the only game tonight. Just flat bet 1 unit each play. Manage your money properly and days like this you won't take a big hit.