I make the majority of my yearly profit with NHL. I have never had a losing season in 20 years of betting hockey.
I have no magical system. I am just an old fart Canadian that lives and breathes hockey. I simply just flat bet each game the same amount. Some days I will bet money line. Others puck line (-1.5 goals). Some days will be totals, and others I will be ties. It's all about matchups. The key is to just flat bet 1 unit per game selection.
As I preach in my MLB thread, bankroll management is key. In the NHL it's not uncommon for a bottom 5 team to beat a top 5 team. The NHL is best for betting dogs as opposed to other sports. Tremendous value to be found with a good winning expectation.
LVSC (Las Vegas Sports Consulting, the company that does the lines for the casinos) does not have anywhere near the same amount of employees looking at NHL as they do with NFL, MLB, and NBA. Lots of +EV to be found.
In this thread for the purpose of tracking, our flat bet unit is $100. We all have different amounts we bet, but this amount is the standard and is easy to track. The bottom line is UNITS profit. I see a lot of threads where posters say they are up $22,000+ etc.., but they say their unit size is $5000. Come on. Lets be real here. No need to BS. Lets just help eachother. This isn't a pissing contest. We all want to make money from the books.
We will start with a bankroll of $10,000. 1 Unit = 1%. $100 per unit.
Record 0W - 0L, 0.00%
Starting Bankroll: $10,000
Current Bankroll: $10,000
Total Profit in $: $0
Total Profit in Units: +0.00
Quote Originally Posted by GeneralSharp:
Hello everyone! The NHL is back!
I make the majority of my yearly profit with NHL. I have never had a losing season in 20 years of betting hockey.
I have no magical system. I am just an old fart Canadian that lives and breathes hockey. I simply just flat bet each game the same amount. Some days I will bet money line. Others puck line (-1.5 goals). Some days will be totals, and others I will be ties. It's all about matchups. The key is to just flat bet 1 unit per game selection.
As I preach in my MLB thread, bankroll management is key. In the NHL it's not uncommon for a bottom 5 team to beat a top 5 team. The NHL is best for betting dogs as opposed to other sports. Tremendous value to be found with a good winning expectation.
LVSC (Las Vegas Sports Consulting, the company that does the lines for the casinos) does not have anywhere near the same amount of employees looking at NHL as they do with NFL, MLB, and NBA. Lots of +EV to be found.
In this thread for the purpose of tracking, our flat bet unit is $100. We all have different amounts we bet, but this amount is the standard and is easy to track. The bottom line is UNITS profit. I see a lot of threads where posters say they are up $22,000+ etc.., but they say their unit size is $5000. Come on. Lets be real here. No need to BS. Lets just help eachother. This isn't a pissing contest. We all want to make money from the books.
We will start with a bankroll of $10,000. 1 Unit = 1%. $100 per unit.
Well done once again. You rolled with all favorites im MLB which had me skeptical but you are making bold winners out of the NHL.
I did tend to bet a lot of favorites in MLB, but it was only 1 month of play. It is pretty even over an entire season. My average profit per year combining all major sports is about 225-250 units with the bulk of my profit coming from NHL.
Quote Originally Posted by vince24L:
Well done once again. You rolled with all favorites im MLB which had me skeptical but you are making bold winners out of the NHL.
I did tend to bet a lot of favorites in MLB, but it was only 1 month of play. It is pretty even over an entire season. My average profit per year combining all major sports is about 225-250 units with the bulk of my profit coming from NHL.