Does anyone take into account Denver's home field advantage being up in the clouds? Visitors playing a mile high is more difficult than playing with loud noise. Both teams will have to deal with noise. I suspect it will be a 50/50 split in fan base at Met Life, elevation 7ft. 2 of Denver's 3 losses were away. SD beat them at home, and has been DEN's weakness for a while.
Does anyone take into account Denver's home field advantage being up in the clouds? Visitors playing a mile high is more difficult than playing with loud noise. Both teams will have to deal with noise. I suspect it will be a 50/50 split in fan base at Met Life, elevation 7ft. 2 of Denver's 3 losses were away. SD beat them at home, and has been DEN's weakness for a while.
glad to be on the same side. i think the chargers provided a very clear blueprint on how to beat manning. the thursday night game in particular has gotten major attention in the film room, I'd guess. Seattle should be able to stop the run game fairly easily (as they did v niners) and force the broncos to throw too much. as peyton manning can no longer throw deep, they should be able to handle it.
all bets are off if the seahawks lose the turnover battle in any significant way.
glad to be on the same side. i think the chargers provided a very clear blueprint on how to beat manning. the thursday night game in particular has gotten major attention in the film room, I'd guess. Seattle should be able to stop the run game fairly easily (as they did v niners) and force the broncos to throw too much. as peyton manning can no longer throw deep, they should be able to handle it.
all bets are off if the seahawks lose the turnover battle in any significant way.
glad to be on the same side. i think the chargers provided a very clear blueprint on how to beat manning. the thursday night game in particular has gotten major attention in the film room, I'd guess. Seattle should be able to stop the run game fairly easily (as they did v niners) and force the broncos to throw too much. as peyton manning can no longer throw deep, they should be able to handle it.
all bets are off if the seahawks lose the turnover battle in any significant way.
The Broncos receivers have been so good this season not only because of Manning but because they were able to create space vertically. They've met their match with Seattles secondary. Seattle will be able to hit them at the line and run with them, I don't anticipate seeing Denver with an advantage on the outside on a consistent basis. My concern is Julius Thomas. The Denver/Seattle matchup could provide a lot of looks his way and he's proven to answer the bell in a huge way this season.
And, by the way.....Madden NFL 25 can go fukk themselves. It's not going to happen
Quote Originally Posted by Skipster:
glad to be on the same side. i think the chargers provided a very clear blueprint on how to beat manning. the thursday night game in particular has gotten major attention in the film room, I'd guess. Seattle should be able to stop the run game fairly easily (as they did v niners) and force the broncos to throw too much. as peyton manning can no longer throw deep, they should be able to handle it.
all bets are off if the seahawks lose the turnover battle in any significant way.
The Broncos receivers have been so good this season not only because of Manning but because they were able to create space vertically. They've met their match with Seattles secondary. Seattle will be able to hit them at the line and run with them, I don't anticipate seeing Denver with an advantage on the outside on a consistent basis. My concern is Julius Thomas. The Denver/Seattle matchup could provide a lot of looks his way and he's proven to answer the bell in a huge way this season.
And, by the way.....Madden NFL 25 can go fukk themselves. It's not going to happen
Hawks have been able to create pressure using 4 all season. If they're able to squeeze manning with 4 and leave 7 deep, as I certainly expect they will, they should be able to create a lot of problems in the secondary. If that fails, punch em, mug em, poke their eyes out.
Hawks have been able to create pressure using 4 all season. If they're able to squeeze manning with 4 and leave 7 deep, as I certainly expect they will, they should be able to create a lot of problems in the secondary. If that fails, punch em, mug em, poke their eyes out.
Does anyone take into account Denver's home field advantage being up in the clouds? Visitors playing a mile high is more difficult than playing with loud noise. Both teams will have to deal with noise. I suspect it will be a 50/50 split in fan base at Met Life, elevation 7ft. 2 of Denver's 3 losses were away. SD beat them at home, and has been DEN's weakness for a while.
apparently SB ticket sale is 2-1 in favour of the seahawks.
Quote Originally Posted by cja333:
Does anyone take into account Denver's home field advantage being up in the clouds? Visitors playing a mile high is more difficult than playing with loud noise. Both teams will have to deal with noise. I suspect it will be a 50/50 split in fan base at Met Life, elevation 7ft. 2 of Denver's 3 losses were away. SD beat them at home, and has been DEN's weakness for a while.
apparently SB ticket sale is 2-1 in favour of the seahawks.
Fact, good QB's win Superbowls. Sure they are lots of mediocre QB's that have won, but they also played against mediocre QB's. Is there a rookie QB that has won a Superbowl against a good QB? Brady is the only that comes to mind beating Kurt Warner who I would say was a good QB.
This is a rookie QB going up against one of the greatest and a true leader. Look at how poised the Broncos have been all season, they have played like champions and the SuperBowl will be the reward to all that work.
Seattle deserves credit for what they have done and they will fight hard for it, but when the pressure is on I'll take Manning any day ending in "Y". Experience is everything on the biggest game of the year.
Fact, good QB's win Superbowls. Sure they are lots of mediocre QB's that have won, but they also played against mediocre QB's. Is there a rookie QB that has won a Superbowl against a good QB? Brady is the only that comes to mind beating Kurt Warner who I would say was a good QB.
This is a rookie QB going up against one of the greatest and a true leader. Look at how poised the Broncos have been all season, they have played like champions and the SuperBowl will be the reward to all that work.
Seattle deserves credit for what they have done and they will fight hard for it, but when the pressure is on I'll take Manning any day ending in "Y". Experience is everything on the biggest game of the year.
Fact, good QB's win Superbowls. Sure they are lots of mediocre QB's that have won, but they also played against mediocre QB's. Is there a rookie QB that has won a Superbowl against a good QB? Brady is the only that comes to mind beating Kurt Warner who I would say was a good QB.
This is a rookie QB going up against one of the greatest and a true leader. Look at how poised the Broncos have been all season, they have played like champions and the SuperBowl will be the reward to all that work.
Seattle deserves credit for what they have done and they will fight hard for it, but when the pressure is on I'll take Manning any day ending in "Y". Experience is everything on the biggest game of the year.
Thanks for the post, I appreciate your unput. The difference between these two qb's, other than the obvious, is that Wilson isnt expected to win this game for Seattle and Manning IS expected to win for Denver. Denver backers seem to have a very short memory regarding what Manning has accomplished in the postseason.
Quote Originally Posted by irage:
Fact, good QB's win Superbowls. Sure they are lots of mediocre QB's that have won, but they also played against mediocre QB's. Is there a rookie QB that has won a Superbowl against a good QB? Brady is the only that comes to mind beating Kurt Warner who I would say was a good QB.
This is a rookie QB going up against one of the greatest and a true leader. Look at how poised the Broncos have been all season, they have played like champions and the SuperBowl will be the reward to all that work.
Seattle deserves credit for what they have done and they will fight hard for it, but when the pressure is on I'll take Manning any day ending in "Y". Experience is everything on the biggest game of the year.
Thanks for the post, I appreciate your unput. The difference between these two qb's, other than the obvious, is that Wilson isnt expected to win this game for Seattle and Manning IS expected to win for Denver. Denver backers seem to have a very short memory regarding what Manning has accomplished in the postseason.
To follow up my previous post, I'd like to add that Wilson has been extremely efficient this season with a 64% completion %, 26/9 td/int ratio and 101 passer rating. Wilson has not turned the ball over and as a team, Seattle only lost the turnover margin once the entire season. So while we can be critical in comparing Wilson to Manning, I really dont see any deficiencies in Wilson's game. Meanwhile, we understand Manning is one of the best field generals but, again, he's the least blitzed Qb and the least sacked (18) Qb in the league on a yearly basis so I'd say that it's been quite a luxury for him to play against teams who don't blitz. Seattle's LB's play very close to the line of scrimmage and they have a defensive unit that will allow the LB's to pressure Manning from time to time in this matchup and I believe they will be successful.
To follow up my previous post, I'd like to add that Wilson has been extremely efficient this season with a 64% completion %, 26/9 td/int ratio and 101 passer rating. Wilson has not turned the ball over and as a team, Seattle only lost the turnover margin once the entire season. So while we can be critical in comparing Wilson to Manning, I really dont see any deficiencies in Wilson's game. Meanwhile, we understand Manning is one of the best field generals but, again, he's the least blitzed Qb and the least sacked (18) Qb in the league on a yearly basis so I'd say that it's been quite a luxury for him to play against teams who don't blitz. Seattle's LB's play very close to the line of scrimmage and they have a defensive unit that will allow the LB's to pressure Manning from time to time in this matchup and I believe they will be successful.
Does anyone take into account Denver's home field advantage being up in the clouds? Visitors playing a mile high is more difficult than playing with loud noise. Both teams will have to deal with noise. I suspect it will be a 50/50 split in fan base at Met Life, elevation 7ft. 2 of Denver's 3 losses were away. SD beat them at home, and has been DEN's weakness for a while.
2 of Seattle's 3 losses were also away...
whats your point?
Quote Originally Posted by cja333:
Does anyone take into account Denver's home field advantage being up in the clouds? Visitors playing a mile high is more difficult than playing with loud noise. Both teams will have to deal with noise. I suspect it will be a 50/50 split in fan base at Met Life, elevation 7ft. 2 of Denver's 3 losses were away. SD beat them at home, and has been DEN's weakness for a while.
To follow up my previous post, I'd like to add that Wilson has been extremely efficient this season with a 64% completion %, 26/9 td/int ratio and 101 passer rating. Wilson has not turned the ball over and as a team, Seattle only lost the turnover margin once the entire season. So while we can be critical in comparing Wilson to Manning, I really dont see any deficiencies in Wilson's game. Meanwhile, we understand Manning is one of the best field generals but, again, he's the least blitzed Qb and the least sacked (18) Qb in the league on a yearly basis so I'd say that it's been quite a luxury for him to play against teams who don't blitz. Seattle's LB's play very close to the line of scrimmage and they have a defensive unit that will allow the LB's to pressure Manning from time to time in this matchup and I believe they will be successful.
Teams don't blitz Peyton because he has the fastest release in the game. That release time and his accuracy is a deadly combination for any defense...
Quote Originally Posted by amd:
To follow up my previous post, I'd like to add that Wilson has been extremely efficient this season with a 64% completion %, 26/9 td/int ratio and 101 passer rating. Wilson has not turned the ball over and as a team, Seattle only lost the turnover margin once the entire season. So while we can be critical in comparing Wilson to Manning, I really dont see any deficiencies in Wilson's game. Meanwhile, we understand Manning is one of the best field generals but, again, he's the least blitzed Qb and the least sacked (18) Qb in the league on a yearly basis so I'd say that it's been quite a luxury for him to play against teams who don't blitz. Seattle's LB's play very close to the line of scrimmage and they have a defensive unit that will allow the LB's to pressure Manning from time to time in this matchup and I believe they will be successful.
Teams don't blitz Peyton because he has the fastest release in the game. That release time and his accuracy is a deadly combination for any defense...
Teams don't blitz Peyton because he has the fastest release in the game. That release time and his accuracy is a deadly combination for any defense...
True. From a study conducted last season, Manning had the 3rd fastest time from snap to release at 2.51 seconds. Brady was 1st at 2.49 seconds. Wilson was dead fukking last among starting qbs at 3.14 seconds.
Quote Originally Posted by Lefty1981:
Teams don't blitz Peyton because he has the fastest release in the game. That release time and his accuracy is a deadly combination for any defense...
True. From a study conducted last season, Manning had the 3rd fastest time from snap to release at 2.51 seconds. Brady was 1st at 2.49 seconds. Wilson was dead fukking last among starting qbs at 3.14 seconds.
Altitude will not be a factor for either team. Actually, Denver has a slight (very slight advantage) as they are used to working out in the thinner air, but these are professional athletes that are in peak condition.
I agree that on paper Wilson looks great and he has performed well. Like I said it really comes down to experience and control of the game. Manning is better equipped. As for the blitz I am not really worried about that as Seattle will need to change tactics when Denver starts driving through the middle when blitzes are read. The question for me is how many will they detect. Denver D must protect Manning and they all know he brought them to this point and that fact has been drilled home. Further, the first half should be low scoring. I would not take UNDER in the full game because of too many variables. Seattle D is strong and they will be pumped, I see very little movement and even less scoring. They are not going to throw much as each team will try to establish control.
Not that I would bet it, but TAILS for sure.
Denver 31 Seattle 21
Altitude will not be a factor for either team. Actually, Denver has a slight (very slight advantage) as they are used to working out in the thinner air, but these are professional athletes that are in peak condition.
I agree that on paper Wilson looks great and he has performed well. Like I said it really comes down to experience and control of the game. Manning is better equipped. As for the blitz I am not really worried about that as Seattle will need to change tactics when Denver starts driving through the middle when blitzes are read. The question for me is how many will they detect. Denver D must protect Manning and they all know he brought them to this point and that fact has been drilled home. Further, the first half should be low scoring. I would not take UNDER in the full game because of too many variables. Seattle D is strong and they will be pumped, I see very little movement and even less scoring. They are not going to throw much as each team will try to establish control.
To follow up my previous post, I'd like to add that Wilson has been extremely efficient this season with a 64% completion %, 26/9 td/int ratio and 101 passer rating. Wilson has not turned the ball over and as a team, Seattle only lost the turnover margin once the entire season. So while we can be critical in comparing Wilson to Manning, I really dont see any deficiencies in Wilson's game. Meanwhile, we understand Manning is one of the best field generals but, again, he's the least blitzed Qb and the least sacked (18) Qb in the league on a yearly basis so I'd say that it's been quite a luxury for him to play against teams who don't blitz. Seattle's LB's play very close to the line of scrimmage and they have a defensive unit that will allow the LB's to pressure Manning from time to time in this matchup and I believe they will be successful.
And you don't think MANNING realizes this? I AM SURE PEYTON IS LICKING HIS CHOPS THAT THIS IS TRUE How can you and all the SEATTLE backers here on COVERS go against one of the VERY VERY BEST QB's in our lifetime whose expertise is exploiting this exact scenario
I just don't understand all the UNDERDOG Hawk LOVE when EXPERIENCE should rule the day, especially in a contest that means soooo much more to PEYTON
Russell will get his, just not yet. Hawks might COVER but DENVER, should, undoubtedly, WIN...Good luck with all your SB wagers..some GREAT prop opportunities
Quote Originally Posted by amd:
To follow up my previous post, I'd like to add that Wilson has been extremely efficient this season with a 64% completion %, 26/9 td/int ratio and 101 passer rating. Wilson has not turned the ball over and as a team, Seattle only lost the turnover margin once the entire season. So while we can be critical in comparing Wilson to Manning, I really dont see any deficiencies in Wilson's game. Meanwhile, we understand Manning is one of the best field generals but, again, he's the least blitzed Qb and the least sacked (18) Qb in the league on a yearly basis so I'd say that it's been quite a luxury for him to play against teams who don't blitz. Seattle's LB's play very close to the line of scrimmage and they have a defensive unit that will allow the LB's to pressure Manning from time to time in this matchup and I believe they will be successful.
And you don't think MANNING realizes this? I AM SURE PEYTON IS LICKING HIS CHOPS THAT THIS IS TRUE How can you and all the SEATTLE backers here on COVERS go against one of the VERY VERY BEST QB's in our lifetime whose expertise is exploiting this exact scenario
I just don't understand all the UNDERDOG Hawk LOVE when EXPERIENCE should rule the day, especially in a contest that means soooo much more to PEYTON
Russell will get his, just not yet. Hawks might COVER but DENVER, should, undoubtedly, WIN...Good luck with all your SB wagers..some GREAT prop opportunities
Its all good, Dribble...you have Denver and I have Seattle. Youre not the first or last who has made a play against me. Hopefully, youll have success in 2014.
amd, I am with you on SEATTLE SEAHAWKS. Denver had never seen the Wilson/Harvin weapon.
On it like a Hornet.
Quote Originally Posted by amd:
Its all good, Dribble...you have Denver and I have Seattle. Youre not the first or last who has made a play against me. Hopefully, youll have success in 2014.
amd, I am with you on SEATTLE SEAHAWKS. Denver had never seen the Wilson/Harvin weapon.
And you don't think MANNING realizes this? I AM SURE PEYTON IS LICKING HIS CHOPS THAT THIS IS TRUE How can you and all the SEATTLE backers here on COVERS go against one of the VERY VERY BEST QB's in our lifetime whose expertise is exploiting this exact scenario
I just don't understand all the UNDERDOG Hawk LOVE when EXPERIENCE should rule the day, especially in a contest that means soooo much more to PEYTON
Russell will get his, just not yet. Hawks might COVER but DENVER, should, undoubtedly, WIN...Good luck with all your SB wagers..some GREAT prop opportunities
There isnt a thing that Manning doesnt understand. And, if one person can singlehandedly win a game, its Manning. I just think Seattle is a more complete team. Seattles offense just doesnt get any respect even though they averaged 26 points per game this season which is pretty good considering they are primarily a rushing team and they didnt turn the ball over. But, back to Manning. Yes, he won a SB but why gas he struggled so much in the postseason over his entire career?
Quote Originally Posted by Crusher13:
And you don't think MANNING realizes this? I AM SURE PEYTON IS LICKING HIS CHOPS THAT THIS IS TRUE How can you and all the SEATTLE backers here on COVERS go against one of the VERY VERY BEST QB's in our lifetime whose expertise is exploiting this exact scenario
I just don't understand all the UNDERDOG Hawk LOVE when EXPERIENCE should rule the day, especially in a contest that means soooo much more to PEYTON
Russell will get his, just not yet. Hawks might COVER but DENVER, should, undoubtedly, WIN...Good luck with all your SB wagers..some GREAT prop opportunities
There isnt a thing that Manning doesnt understand. And, if one person can singlehandedly win a game, its Manning. I just think Seattle is a more complete team. Seattles offense just doesnt get any respect even though they averaged 26 points per game this season which is pretty good considering they are primarily a rushing team and they didnt turn the ball over. But, back to Manning. Yes, he won a SB but why gas he struggled so much in the postseason over his entire career?