• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | NFL Betting Forum

    People that thinks there's no fixing in sports should stop gambling

    «First Previous 123 ... 91011 Next Last»
    casinoroyal
    yomh1964
    EastOakland
    GeorgeBailey
    MasterNBA
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 23734
    Posts: 273
    «First Previous 123 ... 91011 Next Last»
     
    casinoroyal
    casinoroyal
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 649
    Posted: Nov. 28, 2012 - 12:17 AM ET #226

    https://spaces.covers.com/blog/MaximumWins/NFL/03042012-Reasons-Why-The-NFL-Is-Fixed-For-Profit.html

    I guess I missed this article by our own Covers.

    Reply

    https://spaces.covers.com/blog/MaximumWins/NFL/03042012-Reasons-Why-The-NFL-Is-Fixed-For-Profit.html

    I guess I missed this article by our own Covers.

     
    casinoroyal
    casinoroyal
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 649
    Posted: Nov. 28, 2012 - 12:19 AM ET #227

    train69
    Reply
    train69
     
    yomh1964
    yomh1964
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2012
    Posts: 1994
    Posted: Nov. 28, 2012 - 12:42 AM ET #228

    i check the video on you tube ,its  a  CLOWN,lol  its  a  comedian  who played  with jerry lewis  and  chevi chase  guignol  !!!!!  dont forget your pills   tonight  and  dont play parlay  with  10 teams   !!!!!!  loossssssssssssssssssssssssssers  ,i wait  again  for  players who  fixed  games  or  coach  or  maybe peanuts sailmen  !!!
    Reply
    i check the video on you tube ,its  a  CLOWN,lol  its  a  comedian  who played  with jerry lewis  and  chevi chase  guignol  !!!!!  dont forget your pills   tonight  and  dont play parlay  with  10 teams   !!!!!!  loossssssssssssssssssssssssssers  ,i wait  again  for  players who  fixed  games  or  coach  or  maybe peanuts sailmen  !!!
     
    EastOakland
    EastOakland
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2012
    Posts: 4489
    Posted: Nov. 28, 2012 - 1:53 AM ET #229

    Quote Originally Posted by kamahsutra:


    When I saw this post I wanted to chime in right away because I don't believe in the bullshit you're spewing. But decided to lay off until after I won, not because I wanted to come in say that in hindsight. I don't like commenting on games I bet on, unless I'm posting for a thread that I've started for a system of some sort.

    When SA/Was line came out at SA -5, I thought that it was close to a gift as it can get so far this year.  Sure it's going to be a public or square bet, but it's the right bet.  This is not Vegas giving you a gift to get you hooked, it's just a soft line because they're weary of a winless team eventually winning, and this line got pounded to -7. Do players and coaches know the lines? Most of them, absolutely.  But guess what ALL players and coaches know? Player stats and team records.  And I can guarantee you that Gregg Popovich and the Spurs know that the Wizards are winless.  If you've ever watched a game of basketball with Pops coaching, you would know that he's one of the best coaches in the NBA, a great competitor, and appears to be a man of integrity.  There is no f@cking way that he will let his team, being so vastly superior in talent, to let the Wizards hang their first win over them. He's not even going to lay off the gas to let it be close, and it was a wire to wire win. That is the reasoning I took SA first half and game. This is not just hind sight and I can prove it.

    Conspiracy theorist are some of the most annoying uneducated pricks around. Do I believe that there are no conspiracies? Absolutely not, JFK most likely was assassinated by one.  But for every one real conspiracy, there are thousands of BS conspiracies, like Roswell and aliens.  Why is it aliens only visit uneducated hicks and mentally unstable during wee hours of the night, with no other witnesses???

    Do I think that there isn't any match fixing in sports?  I'd be a fool to think that there isn't.  Declan Hill's The Fix outlines where and how some of the World Cup games may have been fixed. I've watched enough tennis to know to stay away from betting on some Russians.  But to hear some people saying that all sports is fixed every time they get a bad beat is simply IGNORANT.  There could be some fixes in sports, but for every fix, there is a thousand non-fixes. I do believe that European sports will have a high probability of being fixed than the North American sports, simply because the European and Asian organized crime syndicates are much bigger and more integrated into the fabric of those societies, and they tend to bet on more of those sports.

    I have a very hard time believing the NFL itself is fixed. If you look at the league and what they have done with reviews on all scoring plays; they are absolutely trying to uphold the image of integrity in their game, since scoring plays are the ones that affect the outcome of games AND bets.  The NFL wants to be transparent as possible to assure you that whatever happens on the field is legit. They don't want to kill the goose that lays the golden egg.  They have a good thing going, the owners are making a killing already, and they will not jeopardize that. Does the NFL know that gambling is primarily responsible for success of their league? Absolutely.  However, when there is fixing, it's for business, as it will drive away interest in the product or even shut down, one that is already making them filthy rich. When you watch sports and some of the crazy garbage that happens, you know there is no way they can pay to make some of that crazy garbage to happen.  So when you lose those few bucks on a bad beat, it's not because there is grand conspiracy to take those few bucks away from you.  Accept it, it's just a bad beat.  If still believe in a fix, then be on the right side of the fix.  BOL


    Very good post, exactly what I tried to explain but much more thought out.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by kamahsutra:


    When I saw this post I wanted to chime in right away because I don't believe in the bullshit you're spewing. But decided to lay off until after I won, not because I wanted to come in say that in hindsight. I don't like commenting on games I bet on, unless I'm posting for a thread that I've started for a system of some sort.

    When SA/Was line came out at SA -5, I thought that it was close to a gift as it can get so far this year.  Sure it's going to be a public or square bet, but it's the right bet.  This is not Vegas giving you a gift to get you hooked, it's just a soft line because they're weary of a winless team eventually winning, and this line got pounded to -7. Do players and coaches know the lines? Most of them, absolutely.  But guess what ALL players and coaches know? Player stats and team records.  And I can guarantee you that Gregg Popovich and the Spurs know that the Wizards are winless.  If you've ever watched a game of basketball with Pops coaching, you would know that he's one of the best coaches in the NBA, a great competitor, and appears to be a man of integrity.  There is no f@cking way that he will let his team, being so vastly superior in talent, to let the Wizards hang their first win over them. He's not even going to lay off the gas to let it be close, and it was a wire to wire win. That is the reasoning I took SA first half and game. This is not just hind sight and I can prove it.

    Conspiracy theorist are some of the most annoying uneducated pricks around. Do I believe that there are no conspiracies? Absolutely not, JFK most likely was assassinated by one.  But for every one real conspiracy, there are thousands of BS conspiracies, like Roswell and aliens.  Why is it aliens only visit uneducated hicks and mentally unstable during wee hours of the night, with no other witnesses???

    Do I think that there isn't any match fixing in sports?  I'd be a fool to think that there isn't.  Declan Hill's The Fix outlines where and how some of the World Cup games may have been fixed. I've watched enough tennis to know to stay away from betting on some Russians.  But to hear some people saying that all sports is fixed every time they get a bad beat is simply IGNORANT.  There could be some fixes in sports, but for every fix, there is a thousand non-fixes. I do believe that European sports will have a high probability of being fixed than the North American sports, simply because the European and Asian organized crime syndicates are much bigger and more integrated into the fabric of those societies, and they tend to bet on more of those sports.

    I have a very hard time believing the NFL itself is fixed. If you look at the league and what they have done with reviews on all scoring plays; they are absolutely trying to uphold the image of integrity in their game, since scoring plays are the ones that affect the outcome of games AND bets.  The NFL wants to be transparent as possible to assure you that whatever happens on the field is legit. They don't want to kill the goose that lays the golden egg.  They have a good thing going, the owners are making a killing already, and they will not jeopardize that. Does the NFL know that gambling is primarily responsible for success of their league? Absolutely.  However, when there is fixing, it's for business, as it will drive away interest in the product or even shut down, one that is already making them filthy rich. When you watch sports and some of the crazy garbage that happens, you know there is no way they can pay to make some of that crazy garbage to happen.  So when you lose those few bucks on a bad beat, it's not because there is grand conspiracy to take those few bucks away from you.  Accept it, it's just a bad beat.  If still believe in a fix, then be on the right side of the fix.  BOL


    Very good post, exactly what I tried to explain but much more thought out.

     
    EastOakland
    EastOakland
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2012
    Posts: 4489
    Posted: Nov. 28, 2012 - 1:57 AM ET #230

    Quote Originally Posted by casinoroyal:

    Kamahsutra

    Very good read and intelligent article, unlike others with precise reasoning and points. However, there's no way that some games are not fixed, not all games are fixed only the ones that mattered. Every season you will have a few. Sunday-night was one, another one was the Seattle/Green Bay game. Even the Tampa Bay games two weeks ago was fixed. I didn't even watch the game and I know TB was going to come back and also pushes the total over. Because I did my homework and also realized most of the money was against TB and the under. Hitting that game solidify my opinion. Its funny that all my American friends (white) don't believe in fixes and all my Asian friends believes in fixes. I think that has to do with cultures like you said. I started gambling when I was very young (16 years old) I been watching football since I was 11 so I think I have a pretty good grip on the games and I know who's good and who's not. But I always lose and my bookie always win. He always comes around and collect from everyone and brings presents and food everytime. So I decided to do what he is doing. About 20 years ago, I got a line from Don Best and $50K I started being a bookie. At first I would give out some of my action to a New York bookie (about 50%) and I would drive to New York every week to give him money. After 6 month I decided to take all the action myself, because I have given $200K to New York in the past six month. The final advice that I got from the New York bookie was " don't worry about the lopsided games, the fix will come to bail us out" Its true, every MNF is always lopsided bets and books always make bank. I quit booking bets about 6 years ago, because times were bad and people always can't come up with money to pay and those people who could pay up always win so I decided to hang it up. For me to believe this game is clean its impossible. again thank you for your input and now I am just a guy having fun playing very small with a offshore account. I don't even know if I can collect once I win some money, Goodluck people whatever you believe,

    I can't even read your post because they are so uneducated. You think you know which games are fixed. This game was not fixed at all. Tom Coughlin did not care about the over/under. Kamahsutra gave you educated points that make sense and you still sound like an uneducated hick.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by casinoroyal:

    Kamahsutra

    Very good read and intelligent article, unlike others with precise reasoning and points. However, there's no way that some games are not fixed, not all games are fixed only the ones that mattered. Every season you will have a few. Sunday-night was one, another one was the Seattle/Green Bay game. Even the Tampa Bay games two weeks ago was fixed. I didn't even watch the game and I know TB was going to come back and also pushes the total over. Because I did my homework and also realized most of the money was against TB and the under. Hitting that game solidify my opinion. Its funny that all my American friends (white) don't believe in fixes and all my Asian friends believes in fixes. I think that has to do with cultures like you said. I started gambling when I was very young (16 years old) I been watching football since I was 11 so I think I have a pretty good grip on the games and I know who's good and who's not. But I always lose and my bookie always win. He always comes around and collect from everyone and brings presents and food everytime. So I decided to do what he is doing. About 20 years ago, I got a line from Don Best and $50K I started being a bookie. At first I would give out some of my action to a New York bookie (about 50%) and I would drive to New York every week to give him money. After 6 month I decided to take all the action myself, because I have given $200K to New York in the past six month. The final advice that I got from the New York bookie was " don't worry about the lopsided games, the fix will come to bail us out" Its true, every MNF is always lopsided bets and books always make bank. I quit booking bets about 6 years ago, because times were bad and people always can't come up with money to pay and those people who could pay up always win so I decided to hang it up. For me to believe this game is clean its impossible. again thank you for your input and now I am just a guy having fun playing very small with a offshore account. I don't even know if I can collect once I win some money, Goodluck people whatever you believe,

    I can't even read your post because they are so uneducated. You think you know which games are fixed. This game was not fixed at all. Tom Coughlin did not care about the over/under. Kamahsutra gave you educated points that make sense and you still sound like an uneducated hick.

     
    GeorgeBailey
    GeorgeBailey
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2012
    Posts: 261
    Posted: Nov. 28, 2012 - 2:07 AM ET #231

    I've been a "reader" of the covers forum for almost 10 years now but never registered to actually participate in the discussion until now.

    Seeing Casinoroyal's comment that some pro and college football games on some level are fixed prompted me to finally join Covers and now respond. 

    Listing just a couple of bullets that are fairly obvious to the thinking person: 

    1) Your credibility when it comes to supporting any argument you make is completely compromised when you can't spell correctly and struggle to form basic sentences.  Typos are one thing and we all make them but you can't even write English so you're far better off just reading other people's posts and nodding yeah or nay instead of writing ANYTHING.  Call me a nit-picky, English teacher person all you want (and I'm not) but lets face facts.  It speaks volumes about your ignorance in general, let alone your take on the subject being discussed.

    2) Your accusation that some football game outcomes are controlled (by the NFL, NCAA, etc) is weak due in large part to the fact that there is no MOTIVE for the league to do such a thing.  With the numerous revenue streams they currently have in incredibly lucrative TV deals with CBS, FOX, ESPN, etc, all-time high ticket sales year after year, product merchandising at unprecedented levels, and Direct TV practically offering their 1st born for the rights to broadcast all the NFL games - why would the NFL even think of  jeopardizing that?  The simply answer is....they wouldn't.  And that's why they don't.

    3) Its already been said by a bunch of other folks in here but bears repeating....just because you found yourself on the wrong side of a silly little bet that you made (or even a big one for that matter), don't show your immaturity by inventing some incredibly baseless claim whose reasoning is beyond fantastic and then start writing about it on Covers using arguments like "well then how do you explain Coach Harbaugh declining the holding penalty in Seattle's end zone at the end of the game that would have resulted in a safety for the Niners just so that he could get the ball back and take a knee and run the clock out?"  If you remember that Thurs night game from about 5 weeks ago against Seattle it was because declining the penalty WAS the smart move and people who understand math and football, even at a basic level, understand why.  But there were a few here whining about their Niners -7 1/2 bet that lost because SF only won by 13-6 after he declines the safety penalty and tells his QB to take knee ending the game on the opponent's 2 yard line.  What does this game have to do with your ridiculous assertion about the NFL being fixed??????? The ONLY people arguing that what Harbaugh did  was wrong/dumb/foolish etc were only saying it because they lost their bet (SF -7 1/2).  And its the same reason why you are on Covers trying to tell the Forum that the NFL and NCAA is fixed (sometimes) without a shred of concrete evidence...because you got moosed in one or more of your bets along the way..  

    Come on man...... Covers Forum was designed for sharing insight, angles and trends to try and make money placing a wager here and there while watching a game most of us love.  Lets try and not lose sight of that. Fair enough?

    See you in another 10 years.   
    Reply
    I've been a "reader" of the covers forum for almost 10 years now but never registered to actually participate in the discussion until now.

    Seeing Casinoroyal's comment that some pro and college football games on some level are fixed prompted me to finally join Covers and now respond. 

    Listing just a couple of bullets that are fairly obvious to the thinking person: 

    1) Your credibility when it comes to supporting any argument you make is completely compromised when you can't spell correctly and struggle to form basic sentences.  Typos are one thing and we all make them but you can't even write English so you're far better off just reading other people's posts and nodding yeah or nay instead of writing ANYTHING.  Call me a nit-picky, English teacher person all you want (and I'm not) but lets face facts.  It speaks volumes about your ignorance in general, let alone your take on the subject being discussed.

    2) Your accusation that some football game outcomes are controlled (by the NFL, NCAA, etc) is weak due in large part to the fact that there is no MOTIVE for the league to do such a thing.  With the numerous revenue streams they currently have in incredibly lucrative TV deals with CBS, FOX, ESPN, etc, all-time high ticket sales year after year, product merchandising at unprecedented levels, and Direct TV practically offering their 1st born for the rights to broadcast all the NFL games - why would the NFL even think of  jeopardizing that?  The simply answer is....they wouldn't.  And that's why they don't.

    3) Its already been said by a bunch of other folks in here but bears repeating....just because you found yourself on the wrong side of a silly little bet that you made (or even a big one for that matter), don't show your immaturity by inventing some incredibly baseless claim whose reasoning is beyond fantastic and then start writing about it on Covers using arguments like "well then how do you explain Coach Harbaugh declining the holding penalty in Seattle's end zone at the end of the game that would have resulted in a safety for the Niners just so that he could get the ball back and take a knee and run the clock out?"  If you remember that Thurs night game from about 5 weeks ago against Seattle it was because declining the penalty WAS the smart move and people who understand math and football, even at a basic level, understand why.  But there were a few here whining about their Niners -7 1/2 bet that lost because SF only won by 13-6 after he declines the safety penalty and tells his QB to take knee ending the game on the opponent's 2 yard line.  What does this game have to do with your ridiculous assertion about the NFL being fixed??????? The ONLY people arguing that what Harbaugh did  was wrong/dumb/foolish etc were only saying it because they lost their bet (SF -7 1/2).  And its the same reason why you are on Covers trying to tell the Forum that the NFL and NCAA is fixed (sometimes) without a shred of concrete evidence...because you got moosed in one or more of your bets along the way..  

    Come on man...... Covers Forum was designed for sharing insight, angles and trends to try and make money placing a wager here and there while watching a game most of us love.  Lets try and not lose sight of that. Fair enough?

    See you in another 10 years.   
     
    yomh1964
    yomh1964
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2012
    Posts: 1994
    Posted: Nov. 28, 2012 - 2:08 AM ET #232

    [Quote: Originally Posted by EastOakland]

    I can't even read your post because they are so uneducated. You think you know which games are fixed. This game was not fixed at all. Tom Coughlin did not care about the over/under. Kamahsutra gave you educated points that make sense and you still sound like an uneducated hick.

    casino =bingo player

    Reply
    [Quote: Originally Posted by EastOakland]

    I can't even read your post because they are so uneducated. You think you know which games are fixed. This game was not fixed at all. Tom Coughlin did not care about the over/under. Kamahsutra gave you educated points that make sense and you still sound like an uneducated hick.

    casino =bingo player

     
    MasterNBA
    MasterNBA
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 2425
    Posted: Nov. 28, 2012 - 2:25 AM ET #233

    Mr Billion wants to bet 500 million dollars on Team A/B on MNF with one on one (fair game 50/50) to Mr Vegas, but Mr. Billion doesn't tell Mr Vegas which team he is going to cap cause Mr Vegas is the dealer. Mr Billion places an account 500 million including a team he is capping inside the black box without Mr. Vegas knows anything. Guess what??? 
    Reply
    Mr Billion wants to bet 500 million dollars on Team A/B on MNF with one on one (fair game 50/50) to Mr Vegas, but Mr. Billion doesn't tell Mr Vegas which team he is going to cap cause Mr Vegas is the dealer. Mr Billion places an account 500 million including a team he is capping inside the black box without Mr. Vegas knows anything. Guess what??? 
     
    casinoroyal
    casinoroyal
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 649
    Posted: Nov. 28, 2012 - 7:49 AM ET #234

    GeorgeBailey and EastOakland, please go read the link on post #226. I just read it myself lastnight. If you still disagree, that's fine. This is a free country. I believe what I believe, and its not going to change. You guys probably represent 90% of the bettors and I know I can't change that. I am not the one who got hurt by these fixes. I was a bookie from 1994-2006. Bedise the first half year that I gave half of my action to a New York bookie, I took all of the action myself. I made tons of money siding with Vegas. I always win the big-lopsided games, that's how I know these games were rigged. I am a very small player now, just for entertainment. I place a $100.00 wager just to see the game and see if I can pick those fixed game out. The ones that I been right about just recently were the Giant/GB game and the week 11 Tampa/Carolina Game. I got Giant and the under and the other game TB and the over. I am not here to brag about it just to point out these two games were fixed. I am here to say that the game is not all clean and pretty like people said and no one is forcing it down your throat. To the average joe this doesn't matter at all and the serious gambler already knew what's going on. I gues its actually a waste of time. Mr.Maximum Win's article has more specific and concrete evidence than I have. I am telling it from experience and I am pretty bad with recollection of events. From that article I notice that someone reply about most of the team owners got their start as bookies and is a very tight net group and most of them are Jewish. Kraft of the New England Patriots, Al Davis of Oakland and Dan Schnider of the Redskins are all Jewish. Listen people, if you don't believe me that fine, but don't just take my word for it. Do your own research. Its all out there if you look close enough. I am not here to tell you don't bet on sports, but is here to tell you what goes on in the NFL. I am pretty sure most of you know that NBA is all rigged. I am very interested in people coming here to bash me. What's their motive? I mean if I am just a casual gambler and reading this post I will just go huh! maybe I pay attention to what he is talking about the next time I see something funny. But wouldn't get upset and all personal, starting to attacking me.
    Reply
    GeorgeBailey and EastOakland, please go read the link on post #226. I just read it myself lastnight. If you still disagree, that's fine. This is a free country. I believe what I believe, and its not going to change. You guys probably represent 90% of the bettors and I know I can't change that. I am not the one who got hurt by these fixes. I was a bookie from 1994-2006. Bedise the first half year that I gave half of my action to a New York bookie, I took all of the action myself. I made tons of money siding with Vegas. I always win the big-lopsided games, that's how I know these games were rigged. I am a very small player now, just for entertainment. I place a $100.00 wager just to see the game and see if I can pick those fixed game out. The ones that I been right about just recently were the Giant/GB game and the week 11 Tampa/Carolina Game. I got Giant and the under and the other game TB and the over. I am not here to brag about it just to point out these two games were fixed. I am here to say that the game is not all clean and pretty like people said and no one is forcing it down your throat. To the average joe this doesn't matter at all and the serious gambler already knew what's going on. I gues its actually a waste of time. Mr.Maximum Win's article has more specific and concrete evidence than I have. I am telling it from experience and I am pretty bad with recollection of events. From that article I notice that someone reply about most of the team owners got their start as bookies and is a very tight net group and most of them are Jewish. Kraft of the New England Patriots, Al Davis of Oakland and Dan Schnider of the Redskins are all Jewish. Listen people, if you don't believe me that fine, but don't just take my word for it. Do your own research. Its all out there if you look close enough. I am not here to tell you don't bet on sports, but is here to tell you what goes on in the NFL. I am pretty sure most of you know that NBA is all rigged. I am very interested in people coming here to bash me. What's their motive? I mean if I am just a casual gambler and reading this post I will just go huh! maybe I pay attention to what he is talking about the next time I see something funny. But wouldn't get upset and all personal, starting to attacking me.
     
    casinoroyal
    casinoroyal
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 649
    Posted: Nov. 28, 2012 - 7:58 AM ET #235

    I just look this up and what that poster said was all true most of the NBA and NFL are all owned by Jewish.

    List of Jewish American sportspeople

    Reply

    I just look this up and what that poster said was all true most of the NBA and NFL are all owned by Jewish.

    List of Jewish American sportspeople

     
    casinoroyal
    casinoroyal
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 649
    Posted: Nov. 28, 2012 - 8:08 AM ET #236

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jewish_American_sportspeople

    This is the right link

    Reply

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jewish_American_sportspeople

    This is the right link

     
    casinoroyal
    casinoroyal
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 649
    Posted: Nov. 28, 2012 - 8:09 AM ET #237

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jewish_American_sportspeople

    Link from Maximum Win's article

    Reply

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jewish_American_sportspeople

    Link from Maximum Win's article

     
    bunny651
    bunny651
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 6709
    Posted: Nov. 28, 2012 - 9:02 AM ET #238

    Quote Originally Posted by casinoroyal:

    GeorgeBailey and EastOakland, please go read the link on post #226. I just read it myself lastnight. If you still disagree, that's fine. This is a free country. I believe what I believe, and its not going to change. You guys probably represent 90% of the bettors and I know I can't change that. I am not the one who got hurt by these fixes. I was a bookie from 1994-2006. Bedise the first half year that I gave half of my action to a New York bookie, I took all of the action myself. I made tons of money siding with Vegas. I always win the big-lopsided games, that's how I know these games were rigged. I am a very small player now, just for entertainment. I place a $100.00 wager just to see the game and see if I can pick those fixed game out. The ones that I been right about just recently were the Giant/GB game and the week 11 Tampa/Carolina Game. I got Giant and the under and the other game TB and the over. I am not here to brag about it just to point out these two games were fixed. I am here to say that the game is not all clean and pretty like people said and no one is forcing it down your throat. To the average joe this doesn't matter at all and the serious gambler already knew what's going on. I gues its actually a waste of time. Mr.Maximum Win's article has more specific and concrete evidence than I have. I am telling it from experience and I am pretty bad with recollection of events. From that article I notice that someone reply about most of the team owners got their start as bookies and is a very tight net group and most of them are Jewish. Kraft of the New England Patriots, Al Davis of Oakland and Dan Schnider of the Redskins are all Jewish. Listen people, if you don't believe me that fine, but don't just take my word for it. Do your own research. Its all out there if you look close enough. I am not here to tell you don't bet on sports, but is here to tell you what goes on in the NFL. I am pretty sure most of you know that NBA is all rigged. I am very interested in people coming here to bash me. What's their motive? I mean if I am just a casual gambler and reading this post I will just go huh! maybe I pay attention to what he is talking about the next time I see something funny. But wouldn't get upset and all personal, starting to attacking me.

     

    Some sure did but you aren't exactly innocent in that department. You did call people who don't share your view "idiots" on numerous occasions.

    I have my doubts on the subject but I don't think it's hugh conspiracy involving every party. Take a college game for instance, it might just be the HC trying to please(cover the spread) the alumni./hugh finanical supporters for the program. Btw, we agree to disagree on Barccart(pose#181).

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by casinoroyal:

    GeorgeBailey and EastOakland, please go read the link on post #226. I just read it myself lastnight. If you still disagree, that's fine. This is a free country. I believe what I believe, and its not going to change. You guys probably represent 90% of the bettors and I know I can't change that. I am not the one who got hurt by these fixes. I was a bookie from 1994-2006. Bedise the first half year that I gave half of my action to a New York bookie, I took all of the action myself. I made tons of money siding with Vegas. I always win the big-lopsided games, that's how I know these games were rigged. I am a very small player now, just for entertainment. I place a $100.00 wager just to see the game and see if I can pick those fixed game out. The ones that I been right about just recently were the Giant/GB game and the week 11 Tampa/Carolina Game. I got Giant and the under and the other game TB and the over. I am not here to brag about it just to point out these two games were fixed. I am here to say that the game is not all clean and pretty like people said and no one is forcing it down your throat. To the average joe this doesn't matter at all and the serious gambler already knew what's going on. I gues its actually a waste of time. Mr.Maximum Win's article has more specific and concrete evidence than I have. I am telling it from experience and I am pretty bad with recollection of events. From that article I notice that someone reply about most of the team owners got their start as bookies and is a very tight net group and most of them are Jewish. Kraft of the New England Patriots, Al Davis of Oakland and Dan Schnider of the Redskins are all Jewish. Listen people, if you don't believe me that fine, but don't just take my word for it. Do your own research. Its all out there if you look close enough. I am not here to tell you don't bet on sports, but is here to tell you what goes on in the NFL. I am pretty sure most of you know that NBA is all rigged. I am very interested in people coming here to bash me. What's their motive? I mean if I am just a casual gambler and reading this post I will just go huh! maybe I pay attention to what he is talking about the next time I see something funny. But wouldn't get upset and all personal, starting to attacking me.

     

    Some sure did but you aren't exactly innocent in that department. You did call people who don't share your view "idiots" on numerous occasions.

    I have my doubts on the subject but I don't think it's hugh conspiracy involving every party. Take a college game for instance, it might just be the HC trying to please(cover the spread) the alumni./hugh finanical supporters for the program. Btw, we agree to disagree on Barccart(pose#181).

     
    mrquija27
    mrquija27
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2011
    Posts: 3117
    Posted: Nov. 28, 2012 - 9:27 AM ET #239

    Quote Originally Posted by casinoroyal:

    Go bark somewhere else, and go check out Dan Moldea on Youtube and open your narrow mind.

    Dude your right there has been human influence on games no friggin garbage.  Not that hard to comprehend.  The dude you speek of said he knew of what at least 12 instances???  Ok so get over it, it does happen.  But not nearly as much as your claiming.  Your wrong by a long run.  Get over it man.  You think every game is fixed and its not.  Shut up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by casinoroyal:

    Go bark somewhere else, and go check out Dan Moldea on Youtube and open your narrow mind.

    Dude your right there has been human influence on games no friggin garbage.  Not that hard to comprehend.  The dude you speek of said he knew of what at least 12 instances???  Ok so get over it, it does happen.  But not nearly as much as your claiming.  Your wrong by a long run.  Get over it man.  You think every game is fixed and its not.  Shut up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     
    yomh1964
    yomh1964
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2012
    Posts: 1994
    Posted: Nov. 28, 2012 - 12:03 PM ET #240

    [Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgeBailey] I've been a "reader" of the covers forum for almost 10 years now but never registered to actually participate in the discussion until now.

    Seeing Casinoroyal's comment that some pro and college football games on some level are fixed prompted me to finally join Covers and now respond. 

    Listing just a couple of bullets that are fairly obvious to the thinking person: 

    1) Your credibility when it comes to supporting any argument you make is completely compromised when you can't spell correctly and struggle to form basic sentences.  Typos are one thing and we all make them but you can't even write English so you're far better off just reading other people's posts and nodding yeah or nay instead of writing ANYTHING.  Call me a nit-picky, English teacher person all you want (and I'm not) but lets face facts.  It speaks volumes about your ignorance in general, let alone your take on the subject being discussed.

    2) Your accusation that some football game outcomes are controlled (by the NFL, NCAA, etc) is weak due in large part to the fact that there is no MOTIVE for the league to do such a thing.  With the numerous revenue streams they currently have in incredibly lucrative TV deals with CBS, FOX, ESPN, etc, all-time high ticket sales year after year, product merchandising at unprecedented levels, and Direct TV practically offering their 1st born for the rights to broadcast all the NFL games - why would the NFL even think of  jeopardizing that?  The simply answer is....they wouldn't.  And that's why they don't.

    3) Its already been said by a bunch of other folks in here but bears repeating....just because you found yourself on the wrong side of a silly little bet that you made (or even a big one for that matter), don't show your immaturity by inventing some incredibly baseless claim whose reasoning is beyond fantastic and then start writing about it on Covers using arguments like "well then how do you explain Coach Harbaugh declining the holding penalty in Seattle's end zone at the end of the game that would have resulted in a safety for the Niners just so that he could get the ball back and take a knee and run the clock out?"  If you remember that Thurs night game from about 5 weeks ago against Seattle it was because declining the penalty WAS the smart move and people who understand math and football, even at a basic level, understand why.  But there were a few here whining about their Niners -7 1/2 bet that lost because SF only won by 13-6 after he declines the safety penalty and tells his QB to take knee ending the game on the opponent's 2 yard line.  What does this game have to do with your ridiculous assertion about the NFL being fixed??????? The ONLY people arguing that what Harbaugh did  was wrong/dumb/foolish etc were only saying it because they lost their bet (SF -7 1/2).  And its the same reason why you are on Covers trying to tell the Forum that the NFL and NCAA is fixed (sometimes) without a shred of concrete evidence...because you got moosed in one or more of your bets along the way..  

    Come on man...... Covers Forum was designed for sharing insight, angles and trends to try and make money placing a wager here and there while watching a game most of us love.  Lets try and not lose sight of that. Fair enough?
     
    well  said  ,casino=bingo players and  i  said  to him  10  years  ago  ,''hey men  you lost  since 25  years why  you continues  to play parlay  10 teams  you will  never win  ''    just  a  big loooooooooser   
    Reply
    [Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgeBailey] I've been a "reader" of the covers forum for almost 10 years now but never registered to actually participate in the discussion until now.

    Seeing Casinoroyal's comment that some pro and college football games on some level are fixed prompted me to finally join Covers and now respond. 

    Listing just a couple of bullets that are fairly obvious to the thinking person: 

    1) Your credibility when it comes to supporting any argument you make is completely compromised when you can't spell correctly and struggle to form basic sentences.  Typos are one thing and we all make them but you can't even write English so you're far better off just reading other people's posts and nodding yeah or nay instead of writing ANYTHING.  Call me a nit-picky, English teacher person all you want (and I'm not) but lets face facts.  It speaks volumes about your ignorance in general, let alone your take on the subject being discussed.

    2) Your accusation that some football game outcomes are controlled (by the NFL, NCAA, etc) is weak due in large part to the fact that there is no MOTIVE for the league to do such a thing.  With the numerous revenue streams they currently have in incredibly lucrative TV deals with CBS, FOX, ESPN, etc, all-time high ticket sales year after year, product merchandising at unprecedented levels, and Direct TV practically offering their 1st born for the rights to broadcast all the NFL games - why would the NFL even think of  jeopardizing that?  The simply answer is....they wouldn't.  And that's why they don't.

    3) Its already been said by a bunch of other folks in here but bears repeating....just because you found yourself on the wrong side of a silly little bet that you made (or even a big one for that matter), don't show your immaturity by inventing some incredibly baseless claim whose reasoning is beyond fantastic and then start writing about it on Covers using arguments like "well then how do you explain Coach Harbaugh declining the holding penalty in Seattle's end zone at the end of the game that would have resulted in a safety for the Niners just so that he could get the ball back and take a knee and run the clock out?"  If you remember that Thurs night game from about 5 weeks ago against Seattle it was because declining the penalty WAS the smart move and people who understand math and football, even at a basic level, understand why.  But there were a few here whining about their Niners -7 1/2 bet that lost because SF only won by 13-6 after he declines the safety penalty and tells his QB to take knee ending the game on the opponent's 2 yard line.  What does this game have to do with your ridiculous assertion about the NFL being fixed??????? The ONLY people arguing that what Harbaugh did  was wrong/dumb/foolish etc were only saying it because they lost their bet (SF -7 1/2).  And its the same reason why you are on Covers trying to tell the Forum that the NFL and NCAA is fixed (sometimes) without a shred of concrete evidence...because you got moosed in one or more of your bets along the way..  

    Come on man...... Covers Forum was designed for sharing insight, angles and trends to try and make money placing a wager here and there while watching a game most of us love.  Lets try and not lose sight of that. Fair enough?
     
    well  said  ,casino=bingo players and  i  said  to him  10  years  ago  ,''hey men  you lost  since 25  years why  you continues  to play parlay  10 teams  you will  never win  ''    just  a  big loooooooooser   
     
    23skidoo
    23skidoo
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 1273
    Posted: Nov. 28, 2012 - 2:23 PM ET #241

    Quote Originally Posted by abadboycali:


    haha so true man , I thought the game went under , But later time on I checked the score , and It went over . lolz . Remind me of Canadian Football ,lolz, CFL . Last time I bet on the Under as well. 1H Under 23 : the game between EDM @ WIN on July 26th. haah 1Q : 1pt . then the 2Q came : 24 pt. only 7second left , and they threw a TD , lmao . Me and my friend watched it our jaws dropping , lmao.

    and the week 6 after that week , I bet under again on game MONT @ WIN under 56 : lmao . by the end of 3Q , It went MONT 21-3 . I thought my Under was good. lmao . 4Q : they scored 38pt. It end MONT 36-26. We were like wtf  just happened??? lmao . They wanted the game went OVER , and It went OVER . lmao.

    Wow those were really bad beats...crazy stuff lately in soccer games too like 5 PK (penalty kicks) awarded in a single game in Hungary. They must of put a block of HOUSES on the over in that game?!?

    Regards,

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by abadboycali:


    haha so true man , I thought the game went under , But later time on I checked the score , and It went over . lolz . Remind me of Canadian Football ,lolz, CFL . Last time I bet on the Under as well. 1H Under 23 : the game between EDM @ WIN on July 26th. haah 1Q : 1pt . then the 2Q came : 24 pt. only 7second left , and they threw a TD , lmao . Me and my friend watched it our jaws dropping , lmao.

    and the week 6 after that week , I bet under again on game MONT @ WIN under 56 : lmao . by the end of 3Q , It went MONT 21-3 . I thought my Under was good. lmao . 4Q : they scored 38pt. It end MONT 36-26. We were like wtf  just happened??? lmao . They wanted the game went OVER , and It went OVER . lmao.

    Wow those were really bad beats...crazy stuff lately in soccer games too like 5 PK (penalty kicks) awarded in a single game in Hungary. They must of put a block of HOUSES on the over in that game?!?

    Regards,

     
    Gooey_911
    Gooey_911
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2012
    Posts: 73
    Posted: Nov. 28, 2012 - 2:43 PM ET #242

    I recall debating this topic many moons ago regarding the NBA.  My stance was I would rather bet on the then WWF (now WWE) than the NBA, as I thought wrestling had far more integrity, and yes, I am well aware that wrestling always has been scripted for entertainment purposes.  I could be wrong so I guess that means Tim Donahy lied to the FBI for fixing games for 6+ years.  He might have been able to fool the FBI but he didn't fool the FB ME.

    How about Superbowl 3?  Fixed?  Anyone find it odd that the Jets, 16points+ underdogs, did not practice before the Superbowl? Why should they when they can relax by the pool all week and listent to their QB guarntee victory.  An analogy for that Superbowl would be having the former XFL (Vince McMahon's football league) champ (the Jets) play the NFL champion (the Colts).  Why was it fixed?  It was the only way to legitimize the merger of the AFL & NFL, turning the NFL into a financial success worth 10x the amount it was the previous year (and now a $10 billion empire).   

    How about Superbowl 36?  The Patriots players admitted that the coaches instructed them to hold, cheat, etc. until they got caught.  One player after the game said it was rather odd that- "we did not get caught".  Please go back and watch the game and you will see the outcome was orchestrated in favor of the Patriots. 

    Too many examples to support fixed outcomes but they are endless (and it's comes down to one factor-$).  Sports betting is a microcosm of life, where people prey on the ignorant (perhaps if I used the homonym 'pray'  in the former it would make it easier for the trolls & spelling bee champs to demean the truth above?).  

    If you think you are just living the American Dream then you must be asleep to believe it.  
    Reply
    I recall debating this topic many moons ago regarding the NBA.  My stance was I would rather bet on the then WWF (now WWE) than the NBA, as I thought wrestling had far more integrity, and yes, I am well aware that wrestling always has been scripted for entertainment purposes.  I could be wrong so I guess that means Tim Donahy lied to the FBI for fixing games for 6+ years.  He might have been able to fool the FBI but he didn't fool the FB ME.

    How about Superbowl 3?  Fixed?  Anyone find it odd that the Jets, 16points+ underdogs, did not practice before the Superbowl? Why should they when they can relax by the pool all week and listent to their QB guarntee victory.  An analogy for that Superbowl would be having the former XFL (Vince McMahon's football league) champ (the Jets) play the NFL champion (the Colts).  Why was it fixed?  It was the only way to legitimize the merger of the AFL & NFL, turning the NFL into a financial success worth 10x the amount it was the previous year (and now a $10 billion empire).   

    How about Superbowl 36?  The Patriots players admitted that the coaches instructed them to hold, cheat, etc. until they got caught.  One player after the game said it was rather odd that- "we did not get caught".  Please go back and watch the game and you will see the outcome was orchestrated in favor of the Patriots. 

    Too many examples to support fixed outcomes but they are endless (and it's comes down to one factor-$).  Sports betting is a microcosm of life, where people prey on the ignorant (perhaps if I used the homonym 'pray'  in the former it would make it easier for the trolls & spelling bee champs to demean the truth above?).  

    If you think you are just living the American Dream then you must be asleep to believe it.  
     
    BigNiner
    BigNiner
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 8232
    Posted: Nov. 28, 2012 - 2:48 PM ET #243

    This thread is hilarious.
    Reply
    This thread is hilarious.
     
    WynnBIG
    WynnBIG
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2012
    Posts: 992
    Posted: Nov. 28, 2012 - 2:50 PM ET #244

    Quote Originally Posted by Gooey_911:

    I recall debating this topic many moons ago regarding the NBA.  My stance was I would rather bet on the then WWF (now WWE) than the NBA, as I thought wrestling had far more integrity, and yes, I am well aware that wrestling always has been scripted for entertainment purposes.  I could be wrong so I guess that means Tim Donahy lied to the FBI for fixing games for 6+ years.  He might have been able to fool the FBI but he didn't fool the FB ME.

    How about Superbowl 3?  Fixed?  Anyone find it odd that the Jets, 16points+ underdogs, did not practice before the Superbowl? Why should they when they can relax by the pool all week and listent to their QB guarntee victory.  An analogy for that Superbowl would be having the former XFL (Vince McMahon's football league) champ (the Jets) play the NFL champion (the Colts).  Why was it fixed?  It was the only way to legitimize the merger of the AFL & NFL, turning the NFL into a financial success worth 10x the amount it was the previous year (and now a $10 billion empire).   

    How about Superbowl 36?  The Patriots players admitted that the coaches instructed them to hold, cheat, etc. until they got caught.  One player after the game said it was rather odd that- "we did not get caught".  Please go back and watch the game and you will see the outcome was orchestrated in favor of the Patriots. 

    Too many examples to support fixed outcomes but they are endless (and it's comes down to one factor-$).  Sports betting is a microcosm of life, where people prey on the ignorant (perhaps if I used the homonym 'pray'  in the former it would make it easier for the trolls & spelling bee champs to demean the truth above?).  

    If you think you are just living the American Dream then you must be asleep to believe it.  

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooey_911:

    I recall debating this topic many moons ago regarding the NBA.  My stance was I would rather bet on the then WWF (now WWE) than the NBA, as I thought wrestling had far more integrity, and yes, I am well aware that wrestling always has been scripted for entertainment purposes.  I could be wrong so I guess that means Tim Donahy lied to the FBI for fixing games for 6+ years.  He might have been able to fool the FBI but he didn't fool the FB ME.

    How about Superbowl 3?  Fixed?  Anyone find it odd that the Jets, 16points+ underdogs, did not practice before the Superbowl? Why should they when they can relax by the pool all week and listent to their QB guarntee victory.  An analogy for that Superbowl would be having the former XFL (Vince McMahon's football league) champ (the Jets) play the NFL champion (the Colts).  Why was it fixed?  It was the only way to legitimize the merger of the AFL & NFL, turning the NFL into a financial success worth 10x the amount it was the previous year (and now a $10 billion empire).   

    How about Superbowl 36?  The Patriots players admitted that the coaches instructed them to hold, cheat, etc. until they got caught.  One player after the game said it was rather odd that- "we did not get caught".  Please go back and watch the game and you will see the outcome was orchestrated in favor of the Patriots. 

    Too many examples to support fixed outcomes but they are endless (and it's comes down to one factor-$).  Sports betting is a microcosm of life, where people prey on the ignorant (perhaps if I used the homonym 'pray'  in the former it would make it easier for the trolls & spelling bee champs to demean the truth above?).  

    If you think you are just living the American Dream then you must be asleep to believe it.  

     
    yomh1964
    yomh1964
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2012
    Posts: 1994
    Posted: Nov. 28, 2012 - 2:50 PM ET #245

    [Quote: Originally Posted by Gooey_911] I recall debating this topic many moons ago regarding the NBA.  My stance was I would rather bet on the then WWF (now WWE) than the NBA, as I thought wrestling had far more integrity, and yes, I am well aware that wrestling always has been scripted for entertainment purposes.  I could be wrong so I guess that means Tim Donahy lied to the FBI for fixing games for 6+ years.  He might have been able to fool the FBI but he didn't fool the FB ME.

    How about Superbowl 3?  Fixed?  Anyone find it odd that the Jets, 16points+ underdogs, did not practice before the Superbowl? Why should they when they can relax by the pool all week and listent to their QB guarntee victory.  An analogy for that Superbowl would be having the former XFL (Vince McMahon's football league) champ (the Jets) play the NFL champion (the Colts).  Why was it fixed?  It was the only way to legitimize the merger of the AFL & NFL, turning the NFL into a financial success worth 10x the amount it was the previous year (and now a $10 billion empire).   

    How about Superbowl 36?  The Patriots players admitted that the coaches instructed them to hold, cheat, etc. until they got caught.  One player after the game said it was rather odd that- "we did not get caught".  Please go back and watch the game and you will see the outcome was orchestrated in favor of the Patriots. 

    Too many examples to support fixed outcomes but they are endless (and it's comes down to one factor-$).  Sports betting is a microcosm of life, where people prey on the ignorant (perhaps if I used the homonym 'pray'  in the former it would make it easier for the trolls & spelling bee champs to demean the truth above?).  

    If you think you are just living the American Dream then you must be asleep to believe it.  
    another  looooooser who play  parlay  10  teams  hahahahaha  go  play frissbee  with the other  looooooooser,go  also play bingo  with your mother.........pathetic(dont forget  your pills  )
    Reply
    [Quote: Originally Posted by Gooey_911] I recall debating this topic many moons ago regarding the NBA.  My stance was I would rather bet on the then WWF (now WWE) than the NBA, as I thought wrestling had far more integrity, and yes, I am well aware that wrestling always has been scripted for entertainment purposes.  I could be wrong so I guess that means Tim Donahy lied to the FBI for fixing games for 6+ years.  He might have been able to fool the FBI but he didn't fool the FB ME.

    How about Superbowl 3?  Fixed?  Anyone find it odd that the Jets, 16points+ underdogs, did not practice before the Superbowl? Why should they when they can relax by the pool all week and listent to their QB guarntee victory.  An analogy for that Superbowl would be having the former XFL (Vince McMahon's football league) champ (the Jets) play the NFL champion (the Colts).  Why was it fixed?  It was the only way to legitimize the merger of the AFL & NFL, turning the NFL into a financial success worth 10x the amount it was the previous year (and now a $10 billion empire).   

    How about Superbowl 36?  The Patriots players admitted that the coaches instructed them to hold, cheat, etc. until they got caught.  One player after the game said it was rather odd that- "we did not get caught".  Please go back and watch the game and you will see the outcome was orchestrated in favor of the Patriots. 

    Too many examples to support fixed outcomes but they are endless (and it's comes down to one factor-$).  Sports betting is a microcosm of life, where people prey on the ignorant (perhaps if I used the homonym 'pray'  in the former it would make it easier for the trolls & spelling bee champs to demean the truth above?).  

    If you think you are just living the American Dream then you must be asleep to believe it.  
    another  looooooser who play  parlay  10  teams  hahahahaha  go  play frissbee  with the other  looooooooser,go  also play bingo  with your mother.........pathetic(dont forget  your pills  )
     
    casinoroyal
    casinoroyal
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 649
    Posted: Nov. 28, 2012 - 5:47 PM ET #246

     Gooey_911:
    Thanks
    Reply
     Gooey_911:
    Thanks
     
    yomh1964
    yomh1964
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2012
    Posts: 1994
    Posted: Nov. 29, 2012 - 12:13 AM ET #247

    [Quote: Originally Posted by CalifDreamin] This thread is the definition of stupidity. If you believe these games are fixed YET STILL BET ON THEM then you are just a complete retard. Yet this guy says if youre betting on them and DONT THINK THEYRE FIXED then youre the idiot??? Huh???

    God some people here are just so stupid its insane. . .

    best thread of all,

    Reply

    [Quote: Originally Posted by CalifDreamin] This thread is the definition of stupidity. If you believe these games are fixed YET STILL BET ON THEM then you are just a complete retard. Yet this guy says if youre betting on them and DONT THINK THEYRE FIXED then youre the idiot??? Huh???

    God some people here are just so stupid its insane. . .

    best thread of all,

     
    yomh1964
    yomh1964
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2012
    Posts: 1994
    Posted: Nov. 29, 2012 - 12:21 AM ET #248

    [Quote: Originally Posted by casinoroyal] Just place a bet Phily -6.5 @ +324

     

    this bet  proove how  you  dont  know  football   !!!!  vas  te cacher sous  la jupe  de  ta maman   !!!!!!!

    Reply

    [Quote: Originally Posted by casinoroyal] Just place a bet Phily -6.5 @ +324

     

    this bet  proove how  you  dont  know  football   !!!!  vas  te cacher sous  la jupe  de  ta maman   !!!!!!!

     
    casinoroyal
    casinoroyal
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 649
    Posted: Nov. 29, 2012 - 12:46 AM ET #249

    YOmama 1964

    What's your role in all this? You are Roger Godell's nice? Boyfriend? Lover? or are you related to all the NFL owners or what else? Why don't you care more about your sports hocky or go ice skating or something? Why are you so upset? Did I step on your tail or something? Or you are just mad because I have been ignoring you. Anyway, the reason this tread won't die is because you kept bringing it back up. The more that you bring it back up the more people read about it and that's not your agenda.

    Reply

    YOmama 1964

    What's your role in all this? You are Roger Godell's nice? Boyfriend? Lover? or are you related to all the NFL owners or what else? Why don't you care more about your sports hocky or go ice skating or something? Why are you so upset? Did I step on your tail or something? Or you are just mad because I have been ignoring you. Anyway, the reason this tread won't die is because you kept bringing it back up. The more that you bring it back up the more people read about it and that's not your agenda.

     
     
    baconbits
    baconbits
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2010
    Posts: 120
    Posted: Nov. 29, 2012 - 12:46 AM ET #250

    Yes, games are FIXED & their is only ONE way to prove it but it will NEVER happen, too much money is involved, its the game WITHIN the game, a team could be laying 3 & be up 34-0 & you would still have @ least half an audience watching the last 2 minutes, why?
    because the total on the game is 40.......
    How could I prove games are FIXED?
    like I said its very easy to do, but the gambling GODS would never allow it!!
    Reply
    Yes, games are FIXED & their is only ONE way to prove it but it will NEVER happen, too much money is involved, its the game WITHIN the game, a team could be laying 3 & be up 34-0 & you would still have @ least half an audience watching the last 2 minutes, why?
    because the total on the game is 40.......
    How could I prove games are FIXED?
    like I said its very easy to do, but the gambling GODS would never allow it!!
    All Forums | NFL Betting Forum
    «First Previous 123 ... 91011 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,351
    • Friday 10/02/2026 909
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 266,457
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,277
    • PART DEUX 284
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 31,332
    • Delaware QB Nick Minicucci 4,517
    • Trump's legacy? 32,963
    • Week 5 Money 7,548
    • NCAA WEEK 5 ***Mission Impossible: Fade me and win *** 5,766

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.