• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | NFL Betting Forum

    *** Best Play of the Month *** Let's Start the Month off with a Bang!

    «First Previous 234 ... 91011 Next Last»
    PrimeTimeBoys
    DaGrinder
    Orangemen44
    Numero_Uno
    Dledien21
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 51522
    Posts: 254
    «First Previous 234 ... 91011 Next Last»
     
    PrimeTimeBoys
    PrimeTimeBoys
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 13343
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 3:07 AM ET #26

    Quote Originally Posted by seminole8:

    Dallas performs well in primetime games except for the fact that they are 0-7 their last 7 Sunday night games and looked like a high school team against the Bears on MNF earlier this year.  Other than that that they play great in primetime.


    Is this accurate?? If so.............. although they still could cover & lose SU...........im assuming the 0-7 is SU?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by seminole8:

    Dallas performs well in primetime games except for the fact that they are 0-7 their last 7 Sunday night games and looked like a high school team against the Bears on MNF earlier this year.  Other than that that they play great in primetime.


    Is this accurate?? If so.............. although they still could cover & lose SU...........im assuming the 0-7 is SU?
     
    DaGrinder
    DaGrinder
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2011
    Posts: 226
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 3:35 AM ET #27

    I dont even like Dallas +11, think Atl blows them out. Romo sucks, receivers suck, fuck the whole organization sucks. And even though they should of beat Giants(after how many romo picks), they didnt cause they suck and romo will throw 3 or more picks and receivers will drop 6 balls and they'll lose by 13 or more. And this game means nothing to Atl, cmon man they are undefeated and not gonna lay down to romo and company....Atl 27 Dall 13
    Reply
    I dont even like Dallas +11, think Atl blows them out. Romo sucks, receivers suck, fuck the whole organization sucks. And even though they should of beat Giants(after how many romo picks), they didnt cause they suck and romo will throw 3 or more picks and receivers will drop 6 balls and they'll lose by 13 or more. And this game means nothing to Atl, cmon man they are undefeated and not gonna lay down to romo and company....Atl 27 Dall 13
     
    DaGrinder
    DaGrinder
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2011
    Posts: 226
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 3:38 AM ET #28

    Gl though
    Reply
    Gl though
     
    Orangemen44
    Orangemen44
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 33531
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 5:10 AM ET #29

    GL LC 

    But the Cowboys didnt exactly deserve to win either, they turned the ball over too much, and because they were down so big in the first half and refuse to even try to run the ball their first down numbers are inflated.  Dallas is not a good team.  Giants gave them every opportunity to win and they could not do it.  Even the official running the play clock allowed them to get off 3 plays in 10 seconds, and they still didnt get it done.  Here is why the Giants are a good team, they find ways to win on the road, not matter how shitty they look.  In the NFL it has nothing to do with how pretty the win was as long as you win. 

    With all that being said, i agree that the Steelers will cover and probably win SU as you made the point, the Giants have a 3 game lead and this is a perfect spot to go against them. 

    Yes, this is a homer response

    Reply

    GL LC 

    But the Cowboys didnt exactly deserve to win either, they turned the ball over too much, and because they were down so big in the first half and refuse to even try to run the ball their first down numbers are inflated.  Dallas is not a good team.  Giants gave them every opportunity to win and they could not do it.  Even the official running the play clock allowed them to get off 3 plays in 10 seconds, and they still didnt get it done.  Here is why the Giants are a good team, they find ways to win on the road, not matter how shitty they look.  In the NFL it has nothing to do with how pretty the win was as long as you win. 

    With all that being said, i agree that the Steelers will cover and probably win SU as you made the point, the Giants have a 3 game lead and this is a perfect spot to go against them. 

    Yes, this is a homer response

     
    Numero_Uno
    Numero_Uno
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2010
    Posts: 606
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 9:14 AM ET #30

    Quote Originally Posted by PrimeTimeBoys:



    Is this accurate?? If so.............. although they still could cover & lose SU...........im assuming the 0-7 is SU?

    Not sure, but I hate to pay too much attention to trends.  A couple of trends going the other way are the fact that the Cowboys are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 road games against teams with winning records and are 17-8 ATS in their last 25 games in November.  The only reason I know this is because I wanted to check some stats that point towards the Boys as the above stat points against it.  This is why I hate trends for the most part because you can find trends going whichever direction you want.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimeTimeBoys:



    Is this accurate?? If so.............. although they still could cover & lose SU...........im assuming the 0-7 is SU?

    Not sure, but I hate to pay too much attention to trends.  A couple of trends going the other way are the fact that the Cowboys are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 road games against teams with winning records and are 17-8 ATS in their last 25 games in November.  The only reason I know this is because I wanted to check some stats that point towards the Boys as the above stat points against it.  This is why I hate trends for the most part because you can find trends going whichever direction you want.
     
    Dledien21
    Dledien21
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2012
    Posts: 623
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 10:13 AM ET #31

    Couldn't agree more Capper
    Reply
    Couldn't agree more Capper
     
    TomE
    TomE
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2011
    Posts: 625
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 10:18 AM ET #32

    LC 

    I guessed these on your other thread.  Those 2 picks really stood out on the this weeks card for me. I think these are 2 great situational plays and I'm pleased I'm thinking much like you right now.

    Also, I'm sure you already know that the away dogs this season have racked up a 48-26-3 record. That's not a bad trend to be on the right side of..  

    BOL 
    Reply
    LC 

    I guessed these on your other thread.  Those 2 picks really stood out on the this weeks card for me. I think these are 2 great situational plays and I'm pleased I'm thinking much like you right now.

    Also, I'm sure you already know that the away dogs this season have racked up a 48-26-3 record. That's not a bad trend to be on the right side of..  

    BOL 
     
    mikesomoney
    mikesomoney
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2011
    Posts: 1859
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 11:05 AM ET #33

    Quick question LC is cowboys your fav team? 3rd big bet on them against ravens giants and now here.
    Reply
    Quick question LC is cowboys your fav team? 3rd big bet on them against ravens giants and now here.
     
    bobafett
    bobafett
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2010
    Posts: 2964
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 11:43 AM ET #34

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrome:

    LC, I will warn you about the Giants pick, as you know I am a huge fan and I am smart enough to know that can sway my opinion whether I realize it or not.  Now they were my best pick last week, I knew (well I was extremely confident) we would beat the cowboys, and cover.
    I see where you say the Giants didn't deserve the win, couldn't disagree more, you see as a Giants fan I know this team psyche pretty well, and when we get a lead, we get cocky/confident an we turn it off and go into auto-pilot.
    You don't go up 23-0 by luck.  What happened was we got relaxed even with the play-calling, its one of our frustrating signatures, we just don't blow people out of the building.
    Now, did the Cowboys take advantage of that and put a great second half together, hell yes.  Did they outplay us in the second half, pretty much, but you know how it goes good teams find a way to win, even if it's ugly.

    All this to say, I am sure you have not watched every single minute of Giant football, I obviously have, and let me tell you, we won a "few" games this year, and rhythm wasn't an issue.
    The reason we looked out of sync was we played Bradshaw who was hurting.  The run game couldn't get going.  The Giants are conservative, we like playing veterans, even when they may be hampered a little with an injury, and that hurt us.

    As far as motivation, a two game lead at mid-season in the NFC East means nothing especially that we have to play the Redskins and Eagles again, AND we have 2 loses IN the division.

    So, although in NO WAY am I predicting a Giant win/cover, I am just saying you may want to question your reasoning.
    No matter what good luck!
    I hope Dallas hits for you, I am undecided on that one but you make a great case for them!


    nyg due for a SU loss last loss was to philly week 3( think)....
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrome:

    LC, I will warn you about the Giants pick, as you know I am a huge fan and I am smart enough to know that can sway my opinion whether I realize it or not.  Now they were my best pick last week, I knew (well I was extremely confident) we would beat the cowboys, and cover.
    I see where you say the Giants didn't deserve the win, couldn't disagree more, you see as a Giants fan I know this team psyche pretty well, and when we get a lead, we get cocky/confident an we turn it off and go into auto-pilot.
    You don't go up 23-0 by luck.  What happened was we got relaxed even with the play-calling, its one of our frustrating signatures, we just don't blow people out of the building.
    Now, did the Cowboys take advantage of that and put a great second half together, hell yes.  Did they outplay us in the second half, pretty much, but you know how it goes good teams find a way to win, even if it's ugly.

    All this to say, I am sure you have not watched every single minute of Giant football, I obviously have, and let me tell you, we won a "few" games this year, and rhythm wasn't an issue.
    The reason we looked out of sync was we played Bradshaw who was hurting.  The run game couldn't get going.  The Giants are conservative, we like playing veterans, even when they may be hampered a little with an injury, and that hurt us.

    As far as motivation, a two game lead at mid-season in the NFC East means nothing especially that we have to play the Redskins and Eagles again, AND we have 2 loses IN the division.

    So, although in NO WAY am I predicting a Giant win/cover, I am just saying you may want to question your reasoning.
    No matter what good luck!
    I hope Dallas hits for you, I am undecided on that one but you make a great case for them!


    nyg due for a SU loss last loss was to philly week 3( think)....
     
    bobafett
    bobafett
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2010
    Posts: 2964
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 11:45 AM ET #35

    your wrong about a 2 game lead meaning nuffin (tonyrome).....theres is an angle saying bet AGAINST any team with a 2 game lead at any point in the season....
    Reply
    your wrong about a 2 game lead meaning nuffin (tonyrome).....theres is an angle saying bet AGAINST any team with a 2 game lead at any point in the season....
     
    tonyrome
    tonyrome
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2011
    Posts: 3140
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 11:55 AM ET #36

    Quote Originally Posted by bobafett:

    your wrong about a 2 game lead meaning nuffin (tonyrome).....theres is an angle saying bet AGAINST any team with a 2 game lead at any point in the season....


    We very well may be due for a loss, I myself WOULD take Steelers if I bet this game, but for way different reasons, and it is not a strong bet, just if I had to bet it.

    The whole thing about betting on a team with a two game lead may or may not be a legitimate trend, but LC wasn't referring to it as a trend, he was saying the game didn't mean anything to them because we have a 2 game lead, that is terrible reasoning, although I totally respect LC, every game means something especially when the Giants have TWO losses in the division already.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by bobafett:

    your wrong about a 2 game lead meaning nuffin (tonyrome).....theres is an angle saying bet AGAINST any team with a 2 game lead at any point in the season....


    We very well may be due for a loss, I myself WOULD take Steelers if I bet this game, but for way different reasons, and it is not a strong bet, just if I had to bet it.

    The whole thing about betting on a team with a two game lead may or may not be a legitimate trend, but LC wasn't referring to it as a trend, he was saying the game didn't mean anything to them because we have a 2 game lead, that is terrible reasoning, although I totally respect LC, every game means something especially when the Giants have TWO losses in the division already.

     
    IgetMoney101
    IgetMoney101
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 6868
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 11:56 AM ET #37

    The worst way to cap a game or bet on one is with the "due" factor.
    Reply
    The worst way to cap a game or bet on one is with the "due" factor.
     
    tonyrome
    tonyrome
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2011
    Posts: 3140
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 12:10 PM ET #38

    Quote Originally Posted by IgetMoney101:

    The worst way to cap a game or bet on one is with the "due" factor.


    agreed, I mean sooner or later everyone is "due" for a loss, lol.
    I believe the football gods decide this.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by IgetMoney101:

    The worst way to cap a game or bet on one is with the "due" factor.


    agreed, I mean sooner or later everyone is "due" for a loss, lol.
    I believe the football gods decide this.

     
    LeagueCapper
    LeagueCapper
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 9317
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 1:21 PM ET #39

    I'm not making any bet based on the "due" factor. Dallas is a desperate team catching 4 points against a complacent ATL team who has beaten everyone they've faced so far. DAL has a much better defense than anyone ATL has faced despite having one of the toughest strength of schedules thus far. If you think teams give it their all each week and don't get complacent with a big division lead take a look at the Bears last week when they faced a desperate team. They needed a miracle to win that game and Carolina covered wire to wire.

    Not telling anyone to tail here but those putting their money on ATL will not be enjoying the game
    Reply
    I'm not making any bet based on the "due" factor. Dallas is a desperate team catching 4 points against a complacent ATL team who has beaten everyone they've faced so far. DAL has a much better defense than anyone ATL has faced despite having one of the toughest strength of schedules thus far. If you think teams give it their all each week and don't get complacent with a big division lead take a look at the Bears last week when they faced a desperate team. They needed a miracle to win that game and Carolina covered wire to wire.

    Not telling anyone to tail here but those putting their money on ATL will not be enjoying the game
     
    LeagueCapper
    LeagueCapper
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 9317
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 1:22 PM ET #40

    Quote Originally Posted by Stevedore:

    Like both, thoughts on Tenn.+4 and Tampa+1?  


    No thoughts on Tampa but I like TENN. Bears are in a bad spot here.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevedore:

    Like both, thoughts on Tenn.+4 and Tampa+1?  


    No thoughts on Tampa but I like TENN. Bears are in a bad spot here.
     
    LeagueCapper
    LeagueCapper
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 9317
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 1:24 PM ET #41

    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrome:

    LC, I will warn you about the Giants pick, as you know I am a huge fan and I am smart enough to know that can sway my opinion whether I realize it or not.  Now they were my best pick last week, I knew (well I was extremely confident) we would beat the cowboys, and cover.
    I see where you say the Giants didn't deserve the win, couldn't disagree more, you see as a Giants fan I know this team psyche pretty well, and when we get a lead, we get cocky/confident an we turn it off and go into auto-pilot.
    You don't go up 23-0 by luck.  What happened was we got relaxed even with the play-calling, its one of our frustrating signatures, we just don't blow people out of the building.
    Now, did the Cowboys take advantage of that and put a great second half together, hell yes.  Did they outplay us in the second half, pretty much, but you know how it goes good teams find a way to win, even if it's ugly.

    All this to say, I am sure you have not watched every single minute of Giant football, I obviously have, and let me tell you, we won a "few" games this year, and rhythm wasn't an issue.
    The reason we looked out of sync was we played Bradshaw who was hurting.  The run game couldn't get going.  The Giants are conservative, we like playing veterans, even when they may be hampered a little with an injury, and that hurt us.

    As far as motivation, a two game lead at mid-season in the NFC East means nothing especially that we have to play the Redskins and Eagles again, AND we have 2 loses IN the division.

    So, although in NO WAY am I predicting a Giant win/cover, I am just saying you may want to question your reasoning.
    No matter what good luck!
    I hope Dallas hits for you, I am undecided on that one but you make a great case for them!




    Giants playcalling is terrible when they have a big lead I agree but Dallas outplayed them in every facet of the game. The Giants will continue to get everyone's superbowl and will start piling up some losses, count on it.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrome:

    LC, I will warn you about the Giants pick, as you know I am a huge fan and I am smart enough to know that can sway my opinion whether I realize it or not.  Now they were my best pick last week, I knew (well I was extremely confident) we would beat the cowboys, and cover.
    I see where you say the Giants didn't deserve the win, couldn't disagree more, you see as a Giants fan I know this team psyche pretty well, and when we get a lead, we get cocky/confident an we turn it off and go into auto-pilot.
    You don't go up 23-0 by luck.  What happened was we got relaxed even with the play-calling, its one of our frustrating signatures, we just don't blow people out of the building.
    Now, did the Cowboys take advantage of that and put a great second half together, hell yes.  Did they outplay us in the second half, pretty much, but you know how it goes good teams find a way to win, even if it's ugly.

    All this to say, I am sure you have not watched every single minute of Giant football, I obviously have, and let me tell you, we won a "few" games this year, and rhythm wasn't an issue.
    The reason we looked out of sync was we played Bradshaw who was hurting.  The run game couldn't get going.  The Giants are conservative, we like playing veterans, even when they may be hampered a little with an injury, and that hurt us.

    As far as motivation, a two game lead at mid-season in the NFC East means nothing especially that we have to play the Redskins and Eagles again, AND we have 2 loses IN the division.

    So, although in NO WAY am I predicting a Giant win/cover, I am just saying you may want to question your reasoning.
    No matter what good luck!
    I hope Dallas hits for you, I am undecided on that one but you make a great case for them!




    Giants playcalling is terrible when they have a big lead I agree but Dallas outplayed them in every facet of the game. The Giants will continue to get everyone's superbowl and will start piling up some losses, count on it.
     
    tonyrome
    tonyrome
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2011
    Posts: 3140
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 1:25 PM ET #42

    Quote Originally Posted by LeagueCapper:

    I'm not making any bet based on the "due" factor. Dallas is a desperate team catching 4 points against a complacent ATL team who has beaten everyone they've faced so far. DAL has a much better defense than anyone ATL has faced despite having one of the toughest strength of schedules thus far. If you think teams give it their all each week and don't get complacent with a big division lead take a look at the Bears last week when they faced a desperate team. They needed a miracle to win that game and Carolina covered wire to wire.

    Not telling anyone to tail here but those putting their money on ATL will not be enjoying the game

    I'm pretty sure he was referring to Bobafett, not you LC.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by LeagueCapper:

    I'm not making any bet based on the "due" factor. Dallas is a desperate team catching 4 points against a complacent ATL team who has beaten everyone they've faced so far. DAL has a much better defense than anyone ATL has faced despite having one of the toughest strength of schedules thus far. If you think teams give it their all each week and don't get complacent with a big division lead take a look at the Bears last week when they faced a desperate team. They needed a miracle to win that game and Carolina covered wire to wire.

    Not telling anyone to tail here but those putting their money on ATL will not be enjoying the game

    I'm pretty sure he was referring to Bobafett, not you LC.

     
    Bronco6
    Bronco6
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 371
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 1:55 PM ET #43

    Favs. pk to -6 going into " bye " are 0-9ats this yr., 15-44 ats prior.

    Redskins a play against here. Plus dog 5-0 ats in D.C. since 1995, when these 2 meet.

    What's your take on this game LC ?    BOL

    Reply

    Favs. pk to -6 going into " bye " are 0-9ats this yr., 15-44 ats prior.

    Redskins a play against here. Plus dog 5-0 ats in D.C. since 1995, when these 2 meet.

    What's your take on this game LC ?    BOL

     
    longstah
    longstah
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2010
    Posts: 2327
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 2:02 PM ET #44

    i love the dallas here so much. I alway go with Atlanta every year and almost every game. but this one I gotta go with Dallas
    Reply
    i love the dallas here so much. I alway go with Atlanta every year and almost every game. but this one I gotta go with Dallas
     
    LeagueCapper
    LeagueCapper
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 9317
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 2:09 PM ET #45

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco6:

    Favs. pk to -6 going into " bye " are 0-9ats this yr., 15-44 ats prior.

    Redskins a play against here. Plus dog 5-0 ats in D.C. since 1995, when these 2 meet.

    What's your take on this game LC ?    BOL



    Washington without a doubt is a play against this week, would be a big play for me if CAR didn't suffer such a big emotional loss last week but their desperate for a win so they'll get up for this game.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco6:

    Favs. pk to -6 going into " bye " are 0-9ats this yr., 15-44 ats prior.

    Redskins a play against here. Plus dog 5-0 ats in D.C. since 1995, when these 2 meet.

    What's your take on this game LC ?    BOL



    Washington without a doubt is a play against this week, would be a big play for me if CAR didn't suffer such a big emotional loss last week but their desperate for a win so they'll get up for this game.
     
    JHaef28
    JHaef28
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2010
    Posts: 184
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 2:19 PM ET #46

    Long time follower, rarely post anything.  LC you are the best.  Keep up the good work!!

    Yes Washington going into a bye as a small fav fits the trend.  It's still a no play for you LC?
    Reply
    Long time follower, rarely post anything.  LC you are the best.  Keep up the good work!!

    Yes Washington going into a bye as a small fav fits the trend.  It's still a no play for you LC?
     
    LeagueCapper
    LeagueCapper
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2011
    Posts: 9317
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 2:22 PM ET #47

    Quote Originally Posted by JHaef28:

    Long time follower, rarely post anything.  LC you are the best.  Keep up the good work!!

    Yes Washington going into a bye as a small fav fits the trend.  It's still a no play for you LC?


    I might be adding 2 smaller plays. Just trying to be selective. Posted this thread early cuz ppl kept buggin about what side i was going big on. Will have more thoughts on that game shortly
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JHaef28:

    Long time follower, rarely post anything.  LC you are the best.  Keep up the good work!!

    Yes Washington going into a bye as a small fav fits the trend.  It's still a no play for you LC?


    I might be adding 2 smaller plays. Just trying to be selective. Posted this thread early cuz ppl kept buggin about what side i was going big on. Will have more thoughts on that game shortly
     
    tboon
    tboon
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 2360
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 2:55 PM ET #48

    It looks like odds makers agree with your Cowboys pick. I mean c'mon, the undefeated Falcons only -4 at home in primetime versus the pathetic and dysfunctional Cowboys?

    Looks too easy......and we know what that usually means, right?

    Excellent assessment of both games LC...

     

    cheers

    Reply

    It looks like odds makers agree with your Cowboys pick. I mean c'mon, the undefeated Falcons only -4 at home in primetime versus the pathetic and dysfunctional Cowboys?

    Looks too easy......and we know what that usually means, right?

    Excellent assessment of both games LC...

     

    cheers

     
    Rambler882
    Rambler882
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2012
    Posts: 225
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 3:09 PM ET #49

    What are your thoughts on Denver? 
    Reply
    What are your thoughts on Denver? 
     
     
    Numero_Uno
    Numero_Uno
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2010
    Posts: 606
    Posted: Oct. 31, 2012 - 3:12 PM ET #50

    LC,

    Cowboys still an 8 unit play at +4?  Just curious your thoughts.
    Reply
    LC,

    Cowboys still an 8 unit play at +4?  Just curious your thoughts.
    All Forums | NFL Betting Forum
    «First Previous 234 ... 91011 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,226
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 268,990
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,698
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,403
    • Saturday 10/03/2026 689
    • MLB Playoffs 5,185
    • **$$$ MD Saturday 10/3 $$$** 7,173
    • Trump's legacy? 33,921
    • **$$$ MD Friday 10/2 $$$** 10,288
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,979

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.