• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | NBA Betting Forum

    LATE POST but still a worthwhile WRITE-UP if you catch it for the NETS@LAKERS!!!!

    «First Previous 123456 Next Last»
    scalabrine
    vasilli07
    Jailbait7127
    BoobyMiles
    spach79
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 8258
    Posts: 143
    «First Previous 123456 Next Last»
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2014 - 12:06 AM ET #76

    Quote Originally Posted by vasilli07:

    Will you have any play on the Knicks - Mavs game tomorrow? 

    I HATE the line. +4??? I can't believe how much respect the books are giving the Knicks after the total debacle that has been the last two games!! Both noncovers and both in ruthlessly excruciating fashion!

    I was hoping for +6. Maybe even 6.5. But when I saw 4 tonight I almost pisses myself with laughter!

    If anyone saw the duke/cuse game, 4 went up in flames in 10 seconds after what should have been a tie game!  4 is a very light line.

    It's a very light line for a struggling team against a solid Western Conference team. That line has to go up. I can't see the squares en masse hitting up the Knicks after they took money from them not one but two nights in a row. This laker line was light too and caused me to gamble where I don't usually like to.

    Right now, I hate the line so much I won't have a play posted for that game but should I see something between now and tomorrow night I will post it.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vasilli07:

    Will you have any play on the Knicks - Mavs game tomorrow? 

    I HATE the line. +4??? I can't believe how much respect the books are giving the Knicks after the total debacle that has been the last two games!! Both noncovers and both in ruthlessly excruciating fashion!

    I was hoping for +6. Maybe even 6.5. But when I saw 4 tonight I almost pisses myself with laughter!

    If anyone saw the duke/cuse game, 4 went up in flames in 10 seconds after what should have been a tie game!  4 is a very light line.

    It's a very light line for a struggling team against a solid Western Conference team. That line has to go up. I can't see the squares en masse hitting up the Knicks after they took money from them not one but two nights in a row. This laker line was light too and caused me to gamble where I don't usually like to.

    Right now, I hate the line so much I won't have a play posted for that game but should I see something between now and tomorrow night I will post it.
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2014 - 12:07 AM ET #77

    Quote Originally Posted by Jailbait7127:

    SCAL!!!!!!! ur still the best! will be lookin forward for your next pick... i will get my unload the truck on this next bet haha... cheers mate

    Thanks for the loyalty man
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Jailbait7127:

    SCAL!!!!!!! ur still the best! will be lookin forward for your next pick... i will get my unload the truck on this next bet haha... cheers mate

    Thanks for the loyalty man
     
    vasilli07
    vasilli07
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2011
    Posts: 3558
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2014 - 12:08 AM ET #78

    Thanks for your thoughts. GL for your next play.
    Reply
    Thanks for your thoughts. GL for your next play.
     
    Jailbait7127
    Jailbait7127
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2013
    Posts: 6808
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2014 - 12:08 AM ET #79

    OWWWWEEEEEEEE WE ARE ALLLLLLLL gunna be a hawk on duty for this next posting by you scal 
    Reply
    OWWWWEEEEEEEE WE ARE ALLLLLLLL gunna be a hawk on duty for this next posting by you scal 
     
    BoobyMiles
    BoobyMiles
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2014
    Posts: 66
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2014 - 12:09 AM ET #80

    Scal, tough one tonight. Any leans tomorrow on your Knicks?
    Reply
    Scal, tough one tonight. Any leans tomorrow on your Knicks?
     
    BoobyMiles
    BoobyMiles
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2014
    Posts: 66
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2014 - 12:10 AM ET #81

    Nvm just saw post above
    Reply
    Nvm just saw post above
     
    spach79
    spach79
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2012
    Posts: 41
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2014 - 12:15 AM ET #82

    Scalabrine, people make $$$ of your picks and that's the bottom line. One loss here and there is absolutely irrelevant as it's bound to happen eventually. I am actually relieved now that this one didn't go through, even though I followed, as we all know that you've got mean comebacks and that it will hit next time.

    Much appreciated!

     

     

     

    Reply

    Scalabrine, people make $$$ of your picks and that's the bottom line. One loss here and there is absolutely irrelevant as it's bound to happen eventually. I am actually relieved now that this one didn't go through, even though I followed, as we all know that you've got mean comebacks and that it will hit next time.

    Much appreciated!

     

     

     

     
    aireent777
    aireent777
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2009
    Posts: 18280
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2014 - 12:15 AM ET #83

    I guess Pucku's biggest play this season held up.
    Reply
    I guess Pucku's biggest play this season held up.
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2014 - 12:26 AM ET #84

    Quote Originally Posted by vasilli07:

    Thanks for your thoughts. GL for your next play.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vasilli07:

    Thanks for your thoughts. GL for your next play.
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2014 - 12:27 AM ET #85

    Quote Originally Posted by spach79:

    Scalabrine, people make $$$ of your picks and that's the bottom line. One loss here and there is absolutely irrelevant as it's bound to happen eventually. I am actually relieved now that this one didn't go through, even though I followed, as we all know that you've got mean comebacks and that it will hit next time.

    Much appreciated!

     

     

     


    Thanks. Appreciate the kind words
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by spach79:

    Scalabrine, people make $$$ of your picks and that's the bottom line. One loss here and there is absolutely irrelevant as it's bound to happen eventually. I am actually relieved now that this one didn't go through, even though I followed, as we all know that you've got mean comebacks and that it will hit next time.

    Much appreciated!

     

     

     


    Thanks. Appreciate the kind words
     
    Jailbait7127
    Jailbait7127
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2013
    Posts: 6808
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2014 - 12:27 AM ET #86

    lol PUCKU is probably on cloud 9 
    Reply
    lol PUCKU is probably on cloud 9 
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2014 - 12:28 AM ET #87

    Quote Originally Posted by Jailbait7127:

    OWWWWEEEEEEEE WE ARE ALLLLLLLL gunna be a hawk on duty for this next posting by you scal 

    I know you'll see it when I do (ya caught this one just an hour before tip...unfortunately)
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Jailbait7127:

    OWWWWEEEEEEEE WE ARE ALLLLLLLL gunna be a hawk on duty for this next posting by you scal 

    I know you'll see it when I do (ya caught this one just an hour before tip...unfortunately)
     
    aireent777
    aireent777
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2009
    Posts: 18280
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2014 - 12:31 AM ET #88

    I guess Pucku's biggest play of the season held up.
    Reply
    I guess Pucku's biggest play of the season held up.
     
    thirdworld
    thirdworld
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2014
    Posts: 334
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2014 - 12:36 AM ET #89

    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:

     
    Ya can't go down 19 in the first half and get within 3 for a cover for gods sake.

    I will come back with a winner in the next post. Period.

    You're absolutely right, lakers dug themselves in too big of a hole to be able to cover. Plus its a Brooklyn team that has been struggling with offence lately especially on b2b and they were shooting 60% in the first half No one could have predicted that and it was unlikely that Pierce AND Dwill were going to have such huge games..they've been doing pretty bad lately..I love the positivity and will def tail you next time as well. Still one of the best if not the best on this forum. Shot out to League Capper as well hehe. Keep at it! Look forward to nxt one. Good night to all.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:

     
    Ya can't go down 19 in the first half and get within 3 for a cover for gods sake.

    I will come back with a winner in the next post. Period.

    You're absolutely right, lakers dug themselves in too big of a hole to be able to cover. Plus its a Brooklyn team that has been struggling with offence lately especially on b2b and they were shooting 60% in the first half No one could have predicted that and it was unlikely that Pierce AND Dwill were going to have such huge games..they've been doing pretty bad lately..I love the positivity and will def tail you next time as well. Still one of the best if not the best on this forum. Shot out to League Capper as well hehe. Keep at it! Look forward to nxt one. Good night to all.
     
    Jailbait7127
    Jailbait7127
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2013
    Posts: 6808
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2014 - 12:44 AM ET #90

    Yes i did, no worries you cant win them all and i wouldnt change it anyways! 
    Reply
    Yes i did, no worries you cant win them all and i wouldnt change it anyways! 
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2014 - 12:50 AM ET #91

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdworld:


    You're absolutely right, lakers dug themselves in too big of a hole to be able to cover. Plus its a Brooklyn team that has been struggling with offence lately especially on b2b and they were shooting 60% in the first half No one could have predicted that and it was unlikely that Pierce AND Dwill were going to have such huge games..they've been doing pretty bad lately..I love the positivity and will def tail you next time as well. Still one of the best if not the best on this forum. Shot out to League Capper as well hehe. Keep at it! Look forward to nxt one. Good night to all.


    All good points and to boot I was bothered by one thing is this game, the fact that the lakers just snapped their record setting home losing streak the previous game so they took it easy at the opening tip on D. That's why this was a moderate play. Had they lost to the celtics last game I would have been on them huge and they wouldn't have trailed by 19 to open this game. No way in hel l
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by thirdworld:


    You're absolutely right, lakers dug themselves in too big of a hole to be able to cover. Plus its a Brooklyn team that has been struggling with offence lately especially on b2b and they were shooting 60% in the first half No one could have predicted that and it was unlikely that Pierce AND Dwill were going to have such huge games..they've been doing pretty bad lately..I love the positivity and will def tail you next time as well. Still one of the best if not the best on this forum. Shot out to League Capper as well hehe. Keep at it! Look forward to nxt one. Good night to all.


    All good points and to boot I was bothered by one thing is this game, the fact that the lakers just snapped their record setting home losing streak the previous game so they took it easy at the opening tip on D. That's why this was a moderate play. Had they lost to the celtics last game I would have been on them huge and they wouldn't have trailed by 19 to open this game. No way in hel l
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2014 - 12:50 AM ET #92

    Quote Originally Posted by Jailbait7127:

    Yes i did, no worries you cant win them all and i wouldnt change it anyways! 

    Hah! Thanks man.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Jailbait7127:

    Yes i did, no worries you cant win them all and i wouldnt change it anyways! 

    Hah! Thanks man.
     
    GTRandy
    GTRandy
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2012
    Posts: 1351
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2014 - 1:01 AM ET #93

    Tough one tonight scal, cant win em all. Looking forward to your future posts
    Reply
    Tough one tonight scal, cant win em all. Looking forward to your future posts
     
    dxxlan
    dxxlan
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2010
    Posts: 828
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2014 - 1:12 AM ET #94

    I got lucky and didn't see this write-up. Would have tailed for sure. Thanks for posting your plays, and good luck to you always.
    Reply
    I got lucky and didn't see this write-up. Would have tailed for sure. Thanks for posting your plays, and good luck to you always.
     
    Jailbait7127
    Jailbait7127
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2013
    Posts: 6808
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2014 - 1:15 AM ET #95

    ill be making that 300$ back from my damn bookie lol LUCKY FCKER!!!!!!
    Reply
    ill be making that 300$ back from my damn bookie lol LUCKY FCKER!!!!!!
     
    begginerboy
    begginerboy
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2013
    Posts: 15267
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2014 - 1:28 AM ET #96

    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:

     Displeasure is a good word for them.

    I saw your comment about GS vs. the Rockets and how they would get killed on the boards.

    You were right. Dwight had 21 rebounds. Now a team with ONE player with 21 rebounds should win. They gave it up late. Weak effort by the rockets to finish that game but you had the right read going in.


    As a life long Celtic fan I knew (in my heart of hearts) Pierce would show up tonight, I just didn't think he would show up in such a big way (on a back to back no less). It's engrained in these guys to hate the Lakers (although he grew up a Lakers fan). It's almost muscle reflex, memory. He can't even help it. He is playing against the Lakers and suddenly it's on, like a game 7 of a playoff game, and sure enough he went off. I didn't grab the plus 10 in game cause that can backfire, and I lost that Rockets game you mentioned on a miracle shot by Curry after the Rockets had like 3 or 4 shot clock violations in 4th quarter. What ineptitude by that team. What ineptitude by so many of these teams. The NBA especially, from night to night, can be brutal. Which team will show up, which coach will have a brain freeze, which ref is gonna try to affect the outcome, etc...

    I'll be honest with you Scal, I can't take it any more. My daughter told me today that if she had one wish it would be for me to stop gambling. I've been gambling for a year and have won 23K (and lived off of half of that to pay bills and buy groceries) but it has taken its toll. Frankly, I don't think I'm disciplined enough to succeed (and worry that I will give my winnings back). Also, I am constantly thinking about this stuff and can't seem to compartmentalize my life. So often I'm in my own head that it's like I'm not present in my own life. I've become numb to all the things that would give me joy; the color of the sea, a beautiful poem, a curvy woman. All I crave now is action and money. This can't be good. I tell you all this because I need to get it off my chest and feel you are a thoughtful, considerate person and if someone else reads this and is affected by it in a positive way then all the better.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:

     Displeasure is a good word for them.

    I saw your comment about GS vs. the Rockets and how they would get killed on the boards.

    You were right. Dwight had 21 rebounds. Now a team with ONE player with 21 rebounds should win. They gave it up late. Weak effort by the rockets to finish that game but you had the right read going in.


    As a life long Celtic fan I knew (in my heart of hearts) Pierce would show up tonight, I just didn't think he would show up in such a big way (on a back to back no less). It's engrained in these guys to hate the Lakers (although he grew up a Lakers fan). It's almost muscle reflex, memory. He can't even help it. He is playing against the Lakers and suddenly it's on, like a game 7 of a playoff game, and sure enough he went off. I didn't grab the plus 10 in game cause that can backfire, and I lost that Rockets game you mentioned on a miracle shot by Curry after the Rockets had like 3 or 4 shot clock violations in 4th quarter. What ineptitude by that team. What ineptitude by so many of these teams. The NBA especially, from night to night, can be brutal. Which team will show up, which coach will have a brain freeze, which ref is gonna try to affect the outcome, etc...

    I'll be honest with you Scal, I can't take it any more. My daughter told me today that if she had one wish it would be for me to stop gambling. I've been gambling for a year and have won 23K (and lived off of half of that to pay bills and buy groceries) but it has taken its toll. Frankly, I don't think I'm disciplined enough to succeed (and worry that I will give my winnings back). Also, I am constantly thinking about this stuff and can't seem to compartmentalize my life. So often I'm in my own head that it's like I'm not present in my own life. I've become numb to all the things that would give me joy; the color of the sea, a beautiful poem, a curvy woman. All I crave now is action and money. This can't be good. I tell you all this because I need to get it off my chest and feel you are a thoughtful, considerate person and if someone else reads this and is affected by it in a positive way then all the better.
     
    Vinhmlb
    Vinhmlb
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2010
    Posts: 326
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2014 - 1:43 AM ET #97

    Much respect scalabrine.

    Thanks for the play, just didn't work out for us.  Good thing 2h I was able to do some damage controle.

    Next time
    Reply
    Much respect scalabrine.

    Thanks for the play, just didn't work out for us.  Good thing 2h I was able to do some damage controle.

    Next time
     
    Jailbait7127
    Jailbait7127
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2013
    Posts: 6808
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2014 - 1:54 AM ET #98

    yes beginnerboy you are right.. i also feel like that.. i will only tail scal from now on. im going to log on 30min before the first nba game to see if he wrote anything.. if not i wont make bets! i do not have bankroll management and you cant gamble if you dont have that... 
    Reply
    yes beginnerboy you are right.. i also feel like that.. i will only tail scal from now on. im going to log on 30min before the first nba game to see if he wrote anything.. if not i wont make bets! i do not have bankroll management and you cant gamble if you dont have that... 
     
    midnightprowl
    midnightprowl
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2012
    Posts: 8779
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2014 - 2:48 AM ET #99

    Quote Originally Posted by begginerboy:


    I'll be honest with you Scal, I can't take it any more. My daughter told me today that if she had one wish it would be for me to stop gambling. I've been gambling for a year and have won 23K (and lived off of half of that to pay bills and buy groceries) but it has taken its toll. Frankly, I don't think I'm disciplined enough to succeed (and worry that I will give my winnings back). Also, I am constantly thinking about this stuff and can't seem to compartmentalize my life. So often I'm in my own head that it's like I'm not present in my own life. I've become numb to all the things that would give me joy; the color of the sea, a beautiful poem, a curvy woman. All I crave now is action and money. This can't be good. I tell you all this because I need to get it off my chest and feel you are a thoughtful, considerate person and if someone else reads this and is affected by it in a positive way then all the better.

    I feel the same to bro.....i respect u very highly beginnerboy, and from this happening this is wot i am doing.

    ( i live in Australia so different time zone) wake up and get ready to go to work, spend time capping in da train (30mins) and lock my play and post it in da covers, and concentrate on work and after work check the results. Made more $$$ too....

    Anyhow i feel for ya too..... BOL...
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by begginerboy:


    I'll be honest with you Scal, I can't take it any more. My daughter told me today that if she had one wish it would be for me to stop gambling. I've been gambling for a year and have won 23K (and lived off of half of that to pay bills and buy groceries) but it has taken its toll. Frankly, I don't think I'm disciplined enough to succeed (and worry that I will give my winnings back). Also, I am constantly thinking about this stuff and can't seem to compartmentalize my life. So often I'm in my own head that it's like I'm not present in my own life. I've become numb to all the things that would give me joy; the color of the sea, a beautiful poem, a curvy woman. All I crave now is action and money. This can't be good. I tell you all this because I need to get it off my chest and feel you are a thoughtful, considerate person and if someone else reads this and is affected by it in a positive way then all the better.

    I feel the same to bro.....i respect u very highly beginnerboy, and from this happening this is wot i am doing.

    ( i live in Australia so different time zone) wake up and get ready to go to work, spend time capping in da train (30mins) and lock my play and post it in da covers, and concentrate on work and after work check the results. Made more $$$ too....

    Anyhow i feel for ya too..... BOL...
     
     
    Tigers2013
    Tigers2013
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2013
    Posts: 924
    Posted: Feb. 24, 2014 - 6:03 AM ET #100

    Missed the play but shout out for posting. On review seems like it was a good play but got behind early
    Reply
    Missed the play but shout out for posting. On review seems like it was a good play but got behind early
    All Forums | NBA Betting Forum
    «First Previous 123456 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Claiming Prizes 57,673
    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,343
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,053
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,930
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,452
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 6,198
    • MLB Playoffs 5,816
    • Sunday nFl Wk 4 7,552
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,308
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,021

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.