Posted:
#101
Surprised how many people are saying Radiohead. They are a bit overrated, but that's really their post Kid-A material. Ok Computer takes a few listens to get into, but there's some great tracks on that album and it is a masterpiece. I liked Kid A more on first listen and The Bends is incredible. Basically set the stage for most pop music of the next decade with bands like Coldplay but it still had that 90s sound like Third Eye Blind and stuff like that. The Bends-Kid A are phenomenal.
I think the Beatles are very overrated. I love Rubber Soul onward and they are all very creative imaginative albums, but their early music is simply pop music, half hour albums. They are only popular because they were first. If the Stones were first theyd be as heralded.
I'm from Central NJ, but I gotta say, I think Bruce is overrated too. Amazing in concert, but I think maybe is most popular stuff is overrated, while his pre born in the USA material is underrated.
Also U2 post Joshua Tree to All that you can't leave behind, that whole period from 87 to 00 very overrated.
