• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Buccaneers-Cowboys Leans
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts

    Big Play for UFC 125 (14-2 +42.6*)

    Dr_Death
    MR219
    Professor100
    deserted
    sharpstick
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1735
    Posts: 17
     
    Dr_Death
    Dr_Death
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 467
    Posted: Dec. 31, 2010 - 1:55 AM ET #1

    MMA: 14-2 +42.6*
    NHL: 4-0 +9.9*

    Nate Diaz -100 (7*)
    I bought out of my Frankie Edgar play because the more I looked at this match-up, the more I thought Diaz was the best play on the board. There are a couple of reasons why I like Diaz in this fight. First, I think he's hitting his stride and 170 is really where Diaz should be fighting. He's looked great in his last two fights and personally I gave him a close decision over Gray Maynard. I also think Diaz has by far faced the stiffer competition. Kim's resume hasn't overly impressed up until now. If he wins this fight that will change but I obviously don't believe that will be the case. Finally, Kim is a Judo guy but I think he will be at a disadvantage should he take Diaz to the ground. Also, while Nate isn't in his brother's class as a boxer yet, I really think that part of his game has improved the most in his recent fights. Overall, I give Diaz the edge in every area of this fight and at even money, I love the value. A 7 unit play is pretty big for me but I really think Diaz wins this fight rather easily.

    Good Luck Everyone
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    MMA: 14-2 +42.6*
    NHL: 4-0 +9.9*

    Nate Diaz -100 (7*)
    I bought out of my Frankie Edgar play because the more I looked at this match-up, the more I thought Diaz was the best play on the board. There are a couple of reasons why I like Diaz in this fight. First, I think he's hitting his stride and 170 is really where Diaz should be fighting. He's looked great in his last two fights and personally I gave him a close decision over Gray Maynard. I also think Diaz has by far faced the stiffer competition. Kim's resume hasn't overly impressed up until now. If he wins this fight that will change but I obviously don't believe that will be the case. Finally, Kim is a Judo guy but I think he will be at a disadvantage should he take Diaz to the ground. Also, while Nate isn't in his brother's class as a boxer yet, I really think that part of his game has improved the most in his recent fights. Overall, I give Diaz the edge in every area of this fight and at even money, I love the value. A 7 unit play is pretty big for me but I really think Diaz wins this fight rather easily.

    Good Luck Everyone
     
    Dr_Death
    Dr_Death
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 467
    Posted: Dec. 31, 2010 - 1:57 AM ET #2

    Also, Happy New Year everyone.
    Reply
    Also, Happy New Year everyone.
     
    MR219
    MR219
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 6706
    Posted: Dec. 31, 2010 - 2:04 AM ET #3

    BOL on the Diaz play!  I am actually leaning very strongly toward Kim in this fight...

    Diaz has struggled mightly with strong grapplers in the past.  Kim has very good submission defence.  I see this fight playing out very similarly to the Diaz - Stevenson fight, where Kim takes Diaz down and lays and prays to victory, much like Joe Daddy did...

    Reply

    BOL on the Diaz play!  I am actually leaning very strongly toward Kim in this fight...

    Diaz has struggled mightly with strong grapplers in the past.  Kim has very good submission defence.  I see this fight playing out very similarly to the Diaz - Stevenson fight, where Kim takes Diaz down and lays and prays to victory, much like Joe Daddy did...

     
    Dr_Death
    Dr_Death
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 467
    Posted: Dec. 31, 2010 - 2:09 AM ET #4

    Quote Originally Posted by MR219:

    BOL on the Diaz play!  I am actually leaning very strongly toward Kim in this fight...

    Diaz has struggled mightly with strong grapplers in the past.  Kim has very good submission defence.  I see this fight playing out very similarly to the Diaz - Stevenson fight, where Kim takes Diaz down and lays and prays to victory, much like Joe Daddy did...



    It could happen. I just like what I've seen from Diaz lately and I'm not sold on Kim quite yet. Like I said, if he wins this fight that will change. We'll see how it plays out Saturday night. I think this has a chance to be the best UFC card from top-to-bottom in quite a while. A lot of match-ups that should be exciting on paper.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by MR219:

    BOL on the Diaz play!  I am actually leaning very strongly toward Kim in this fight...

    Diaz has struggled mightly with strong grapplers in the past.  Kim has very good submission defence.  I see this fight playing out very similarly to the Diaz - Stevenson fight, where Kim takes Diaz down and lays and prays to victory, much like Joe Daddy did...



    It could happen. I just like what I've seen from Diaz lately and I'm not sold on Kim quite yet. Like I said, if he wins this fight that will change. We'll see how it plays out Saturday night. I think this has a chance to be the best UFC card from top-to-bottom in quite a while. A lot of match-ups that should be exciting on paper.
     
    MR219
    MR219
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2008
    Posts: 6706
    Posted: Dec. 31, 2010 - 2:12 AM ET #5

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Death:



    It could happen. I just like what I've seen from Diaz lately and I'm not sold on Kim quite yet. Like I said, if he wins this fight that will change. We'll see how it plays out Saturday night. I think this has a chance to be the best UFC card from top-to-bottom in quite a while. A lot of match-ups that should be exciting on paper.

    I agree, it definitely appears to be a stacked card, and we get to fade Baroni again!!! 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Death:



    It could happen. I just like what I've seen from Diaz lately and I'm not sold on Kim quite yet. Like I said, if he wins this fight that will change. We'll see how it plays out Saturday night. I think this has a chance to be the best UFC card from top-to-bottom in quite a while. A lot of match-ups that should be exciting on paper.

    I agree, it definitely appears to be a stacked card, and we get to fade Baroni again!!! 
     
    Professor100
    Professor100
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 30
    Posted: Dec. 31, 2010 - 2:59 AM ET #6

    Nate Diaz? Wont Kim dominate with his wrestling?
    Reply
    Nate Diaz? Wont Kim dominate with his wrestling?
     
    deserted
    deserted
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 685
    Posted: Dec. 31, 2010 - 9:44 AM ET #7

    GL with your play! I think either guy has a decent shot at winning
    Reply
    GL with your play! I think either guy has a decent shot at winning
     
    sharpstick
    sharpstick
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 8525
    Posted: Dec. 31, 2010 - 10:04 AM ET #8

    Diaz is my largest play of the card as well.

    Reply
    Diaz is my largest play of the card as well.

     
    Dr_Death
    Dr_Death
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 467
    Posted: Dec. 31, 2010 - 1:44 PM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick:

    Diaz is my largest play of the card as well.



    Glad to hear it Sharpstick. Good luck with all of your plays.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick:

    Diaz is my largest play of the card as well.



    Glad to hear it Sharpstick. Good luck with all of your plays.
     
    Dr_Death
    Dr_Death
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 467
    Posted: Dec. 31, 2010 - 1:46 PM ET #10

    Quote Originally Posted by Professor100:

    Nate Diaz? Wont Kim dominate with his wrestling?


    Gray Maynard puts Kim to shame in terms of wrestling. He fought Diaz twice and never dominated him with his wrestling. Besides, Kim is more of a Judo guy and I'm not a big fan of Judo as it translates to MMA in general. We'll see how it turns out. Good luck.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor100:

    Nate Diaz? Wont Kim dominate with his wrestling?


    Gray Maynard puts Kim to shame in terms of wrestling. He fought Diaz twice and never dominated him with his wrestling. Besides, Kim is more of a Judo guy and I'm not a big fan of Judo as it translates to MMA in general. We'll see how it turns out. Good luck.
     
    The_HOFF
    The_HOFF
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2008
    Posts: 1132
    Posted: Dec. 31, 2010 - 2:13 PM ET #11

    I really like Diaz as well, and agree with all of your reasoning on this one. Kim has not impressed and Diaz has gotten better and better.
    Reply
    I really like Diaz as well, and agree with all of your reasoning on this one. Kim has not impressed and Diaz has gotten better and better.
     
    Dr_Death
    Dr_Death
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 467
    Posted: Dec. 31, 2010 - 6:44 PM ET #12

    Quote Originally Posted by The_HOFF:

    I really like Diaz as well, and agree with all of your reasoning on this one. Kim has not impressed and Diaz has gotten better and better.


    Thanks HOFF. Best of luck to you Saturday night.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by The_HOFF:

    I really like Diaz as well, and agree with all of your reasoning on this one. Kim has not impressed and Diaz has gotten better and better.


    Thanks HOFF. Best of luck to you Saturday night.
     
    Crowkillers
    Crowkillers
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 32063
    Posted: Jan. 1, 2011 - 11:16 AM ET #13

    Nate Diaz.
    Reply
    Nate Diaz.
     
    Dr_Death
    Dr_Death
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 467
    Posted: Jan. 1, 2011 - 4:53 PM ET #14

    Thanks Crowkillers. Best of luck tonight. Should be a strong night of fights.
    Reply
    Thanks Crowkillers. Best of luck tonight. Should be a strong night of fights.
     
    Bonehammer
    Bonehammer
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2009
    Posts: 806
    Posted: Jan. 1, 2011 - 8:27 PM ET #15

    Reply

     
    Dr_Death
    Dr_Death
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 467
    Posted: Jan. 1, 2011 - 9:59 PM ET #16

    Thanks Bonehammer. Good luck on your Maynard play. Almost fight time.
    Reply
    Thanks Bonehammer. Good luck on your Maynard play. Almost fight time.
     
     
    PDudek7263
    PDudek7263
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 11029
    Posted: Jan. 1, 2011 - 10:08 PM ET #17

    good luck tonight doctor

    Reply

    good luck tonight doctor

    All Forums | Mixed Martial Arts

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,277
    • Monday 10/05/2026 698
    • PART DEUX 195
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,730
    • Falcons vs Saints in-game live MNF 1,810
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,812
    • ***Macwesties * Mon. Oct. 05, 2026 * Week #4 * MNF * NFL Football Play*** 3,145
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,641
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 9,657
    • MNF 1,066

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.