• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Investments

    The Stock Market - A daily diary

    «First Previous 252627 ... 383940 Next Last»
    Rush51
    artdb
    gambleholic63
    Raiders22
    concavecapital
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2740
    Posts: 997
    «First Previous 252627 ... 383940 Next Last»
     
    Rush51
    Rush51
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 8841
    Posted: Jun. 14, 2020 - 11:58 PM ET #601

    Futures market already pointing decidedly negative .  It seems the bloodletting will continue from last week.   This idea of a V shaped recovery always was a pipe dream.  2020 is going to down as one helluva difficult year for society as a whole. 

    I just read that the average loss (peak to trough) in previous bear markets is 33%.  I think this bear market clocked in at 36 %.   Not too shabby,  considering the circumstances, thanks to the FED .  

    Reply

    Futures market already pointing decidedly negative .  It seems the bloodletting will continue from last week.   This idea of a V shaped recovery always was a pipe dream.  2020 is going to down as one helluva difficult year for society as a whole. 

    I just read that the average loss (peak to trough) in previous bear markets is 33%.  I think this bear market clocked in at 36 %.   Not too shabby,  considering the circumstances, thanks to the FED .  

     
    Rush51
    Rush51
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 8841
    Posted: Jun. 15, 2020 - 1:27 AM ET #602

    Futures already down 600 points... and counting

    Reply

    Futures already down 600 points... and counting

     
    Rush51
    Rush51
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 8841
    Posted: Jun. 15, 2020 - 2:17 AM ET #603

    Now Down almost 1k  points.  Looks like those circuit breakers are going to trip again. 

    I think last Monday marked a euphoria when Davy "day trader" Portnoy called day trading an easy game, and ridiculed Warren Buffet as a washed up investor.   Being  an arrogant investor/ trader rarely works out for one's finances.   What's the old expression about a fool and his money ?... 

    Reply

    Now Down almost 1k  points.  Looks like those circuit breakers are going to trip again. 

    I think last Monday marked a euphoria when Davy "day trader" Portnoy called day trading an easy game, and ridiculed Warren Buffet as a washed up investor.   Being  an arrogant investor/ trader rarely works out for one's finances.   What's the old expression about a fool and his money ?... 

     
    artdb
    artdb
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 197
    Posted: Jun. 15, 2020 - 8:37 AM ET #604

    SDOW ? 

    Reply

    SDOW ? 

     
    Rush51
    Rush51
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 8841
    Posted: Jun. 15, 2020 - 3:41 PM ET #605

    No way on SDOW... I don't play the "shorting" game on anything ; just too risky IMO,...  much more than  playing the "long" game.  There are times when I will trim a small exposure to stocks, such as I did a couple of weeks ago w/ oil.   I'll plan on going back in when/if those stocks come down -20% from my selling price..  

    Also, Very interesting bounce back today on the markets (compared to what the futures were telling us). I went and looked at our recent high on June 7 in the DJIA, and compared it to the trough last night on the futures..  It came awfully close to a -10% drop.  Makes you wonder how much buying the algos were doing at that drawdown..  

     

    Reply

    No way on SDOW... I don't play the "shorting" game on anything ; just too risky IMO,...  much more than  playing the "long" game.  There are times when I will trim a small exposure to stocks, such as I did a couple of weeks ago w/ oil.   I'll plan on going back in when/if those stocks come down -20% from my selling price..  

    Also, Very interesting bounce back today on the markets (compared to what the futures were telling us). I went and looked at our recent high on June 7 in the DJIA, and compared it to the trough last night on the futures..  It came awfully close to a -10% drop.  Makes you wonder how much buying the algos were doing at that drawdown..  

     

     
    artdb
    artdb
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 197
    Posted: Jun. 16, 2020 - 7:52 AM ET #606

    Here's one that got away from me yesterday - NK

    Reply

    Here's one that got away from me yesterday - NK

     
    Rush51
    Rush51
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 8841
    Posted: Jun. 16, 2020 - 6:00 PM ET #607

    Never heard of those guys.. are you invested in any other biotech stocks  ? 

    Reply

    Never heard of those guys.. are you invested in any other biotech stocks  ? 

     
    gambleholic63
    gambleholic63
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 4412
    Posted: Jun. 16, 2020 - 6:10 PM ET #608

    I'm back!

    I will offer my insights on the markets accordingly, although I profess to understand absolutely none of what has gone on with the markets over the past month when I was placed in rehab. 

    I am currently sitting on 180k in cash and have not made a single trade over the past month. One of my golf buddies made a 50% return over the past 5 weeks and cashed out before the big down day. That's a job well done but one I currently lack the knowledge to pull off without strictly gambling. 

    WMT is approaching my buy point but I'm hesitant to pull the trigger. I would like to see Covid19 cases falling with more positive news on treatments and a vaccine but I'm seeing neither. This remains the most difficult period I can recall in predicting market movements. As of today's close, I would expect more see-saw action towards the downside with new market highs a pipe dream.

    Gamble for entertainment, invest for wealth!
    Reply

    I'm back!

    I will offer my insights on the markets accordingly, although I profess to understand absolutely none of what has gone on with the markets over the past month when I was placed in rehab. 

    I am currently sitting on 180k in cash and have not made a single trade over the past month. One of my golf buddies made a 50% return over the past 5 weeks and cashed out before the big down day. That's a job well done but one I currently lack the knowledge to pull off without strictly gambling. 

    WMT is approaching my buy point but I'm hesitant to pull the trigger. I would like to see Covid19 cases falling with more positive news on treatments and a vaccine but I'm seeing neither. This remains the most difficult period I can recall in predicting market movements. As of today's close, I would expect more see-saw action towards the downside with new market highs a pipe dream.

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34350
    Posted: Jun. 16, 2020 - 7:38 PM ET #609

    Quote Originally Posted by gambleholic63:

    I'm back! I will offer my insights on the markets accordingly, although I profess to understand absolutely none of what has gone on with the markets over the past month when I was placed in rehab.  I am currently sitting on 180k in cash and have not made a single trade over the past month. One of my golf buddies made a 50% return over the past 5 weeks and cashed out before the big down day. That's a job well done but one I currently lack the knowledge to pull off without strictly gambling.  WMT is approaching my buy point but I'm hesitant to pull the trigger. I would like to see Covid19 cases falling with more positive news on treatments and a vaccine but I'm seeing neither. This remains the most difficult period I can recall in predicting market movements. As of today's close, I would expect more see-saw action towards the downside with new market highs a pipe dream.

    Good to see you back. peace_5

    Sometimes it is not about understanding the market.  Like your buddy you can gamble with the dips knowing it has always gone back up.  If it was as easy as understanding the markets and then doing what we think they should do — everyone would be an investor and rich. Sometimes you just have to play the longterm averages. an_light

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by gambleholic63:

    I'm back! I will offer my insights on the markets accordingly, although I profess to understand absolutely none of what has gone on with the markets over the past month when I was placed in rehab.  I am currently sitting on 180k in cash and have not made a single trade over the past month. One of my golf buddies made a 50% return over the past 5 weeks and cashed out before the big down day. That's a job well done but one I currently lack the knowledge to pull off without strictly gambling.  WMT is approaching my buy point but I'm hesitant to pull the trigger. I would like to see Covid19 cases falling with more positive news on treatments and a vaccine but I'm seeing neither. This remains the most difficult period I can recall in predicting market movements. As of today's close, I would expect more see-saw action towards the downside with new market highs a pipe dream.

    Good to see you back. peace_5

    Sometimes it is not about understanding the market.  Like your buddy you can gamble with the dips knowing it has always gone back up.  If it was as easy as understanding the markets and then doing what we think they should do — everyone would be an investor and rich. Sometimes you just have to play the longterm averages. an_light

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34350
    Posted: Jun. 16, 2020 - 7:48 PM ET #610

    A better plan if that’s what you want to do is to really key in on a handful of stocks and learn them inside and outside. 

    Maybe WMT is one of them for you.  I know I saw on one of my sheets this week that the consensus is a strong buy and the average target is around 136-140 I think.  One of the concerns is retail sales may fade as the stimulus money runs out.  They passed eBay for the first time in online sales.  Still behind Amazon of course.  Allying with Shopify and beefing up their digital health platform look good as well.  

    But to me people have to eat.  And they are still the best deal for one-stop shopping — for all goods, not just food. 

     

    Reply

    A better plan if that’s what you want to do is to really key in on a handful of stocks and learn them inside and outside. 

    Maybe WMT is one of them for you.  I know I saw on one of my sheets this week that the consensus is a strong buy and the average target is around 136-140 I think.  One of the concerns is retail sales may fade as the stimulus money runs out.  They passed eBay for the first time in online sales.  Still behind Amazon of course.  Allying with Shopify and beefing up their digital health platform look good as well.  

    But to me people have to eat.  And they are still the best deal for one-stop shopping — for all goods, not just food. 

     

     
    Rush51
    Rush51
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 8841
    Posted: Jun. 16, 2020 - 9:55 PM ET #611

    an_clapan_clap  Good to see you back Gamble !

    Reply

    an_clapan_clap  Good to see you back Gamble !

     
    concavecapital
    concavecapital
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2012
    Posts: 4815
    Posted: Jun. 16, 2020 - 10:21 PM ET #612

    I’m on here every day following your opinions.  I just wish there were a lot more people talking about stocks in here.  Obviously with sports gone I’m trying to get into this and have a very newbie question about option calls.  There are 4,000 ROKU 7/17 $240calls for .23     The stock is half of that now.  What does this mean? 

    if the stock basically doubles in a month the payout is ...   240 -120-.23 x 4000= 479,080?

    i’m trying to learn all these damn options every single day but know this cannot be correct.  You’re paying $920 for the calls yet you can hit almost a half a mil if this somehow hits and they get acquired which is the rumor.  Someone tell me the math or the pay out in this situation I would appreciate it. Thanks 

    Reply

    I’m on here every day following your opinions.  I just wish there were a lot more people talking about stocks in here.  Obviously with sports gone I’m trying to get into this and have a very newbie question about option calls.  There are 4,000 ROKU 7/17 $240calls for .23     The stock is half of that now.  What does this mean? 

    if the stock basically doubles in a month the payout is ...   240 -120-.23 x 4000= 479,080?

    i’m trying to learn all these damn options every single day but know this cannot be correct.  You’re paying $920 for the calls yet you can hit almost a half a mil if this somehow hits and they get acquired which is the rumor.  Someone tell me the math or the pay out in this situation I would appreciate it. Thanks 

     
    Rush51
    Rush51
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 8841
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2020 - 12:41 AM ET #613

    Maybe Wall or Raiders can help answer your question on options trading ... Personally, I never play this side of the market .  I keep it to investing in common stock or mutual funds..

    Reply

    Maybe Wall or Raiders can help answer your question on options trading ... Personally, I never play this side of the market .  I keep it to investing in common stock or mutual funds..

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34350
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2020 - 1:53 AM ET #614

    .

    Reply

    .

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34350
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2020 - 2:18 AM ET #615

    Quote Originally Posted by concavecapital:

    I’m on here every day following your opinions.  I just wish there were a lot more people talking about stocks in here.  Obviously with sports gone I’m trying to get into this and have a very newbie question about option calls.  There are 4,000 ROKU 7/17 $240calls for .23     The stock is half of that now.  What does this mean?  if the stock basically doubles in a month the payout is ...   240 -120-.23 x 4000= 479,080? i’m trying to learn all these damn options every single day but know this cannot be correct.  You’re paying $920 for the calls yet you can hit almost a half a mil if this somehow hits and they get acquired which is the rumor.  Someone tell me the math or the pay out in this situation I would appreciate it. Thanks

    Not sure how detailed an answer you are looking for here. Maybe I can help or at least get you pointed in the right direction.  

    In Economic Theory there is what is known as ‘a frictionless market’.  Using this theory, in part, there have been formulas dedicated to pricing a stock option.  The most famous is the Black-Scholes formula.  Therefore, the Black-Scholes model is the most famous model.  There are derivatives of this as well.  For example, there is a binomial model and even a trinomial model.  I tried to post it in the link above.  But couldn’t get it to stay, mainly because it has a lot of Greek letters in the formula.

    These formulas consider a few key things.  Mainly, intrinsic value, volatility and time.  All of these are very important and coupled with the stock price are  used in the formulas to derive the call (or put) price. 

    I am not sure you were actually asking for a way to figure this out for yourself.  But if you are, you can look the formulas up online or I can post a few links for you. But there should be no need to do it yourself, unless you are just interested in doing it. Whatever stock option trading platform you use will have the Black-Scholes model and others in there and you can plug in numbers and play around with it as you see fit. 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by concavecapital:

    I’m on here every day following your opinions.  I just wish there were a lot more people talking about stocks in here.  Obviously with sports gone I’m trying to get into this and have a very newbie question about option calls.  There are 4,000 ROKU 7/17 $240calls for .23     The stock is half of that now.  What does this mean?  if the stock basically doubles in a month the payout is ...   240 -120-.23 x 4000= 479,080? i’m trying to learn all these damn options every single day but know this cannot be correct.  You’re paying $920 for the calls yet you can hit almost a half a mil if this somehow hits and they get acquired which is the rumor.  Someone tell me the math or the pay out in this situation I would appreciate it. Thanks

    Not sure how detailed an answer you are looking for here. Maybe I can help or at least get you pointed in the right direction.  

    In Economic Theory there is what is known as ‘a frictionless market’.  Using this theory, in part, there have been formulas dedicated to pricing a stock option.  The most famous is the Black-Scholes formula.  Therefore, the Black-Scholes model is the most famous model.  There are derivatives of this as well.  For example, there is a binomial model and even a trinomial model.  I tried to post it in the link above.  But couldn’t get it to stay, mainly because it has a lot of Greek letters in the formula.

    These formulas consider a few key things.  Mainly, intrinsic value, volatility and time.  All of these are very important and coupled with the stock price are  used in the formulas to derive the call (or put) price. 

    I am not sure you were actually asking for a way to figure this out for yourself.  But if you are, you can look the formulas up online or I can post a few links for you. But there should be no need to do it yourself, unless you are just interested in doing it. Whatever stock option trading platform you use will have the Black-Scholes model and others in there and you can plug in numbers and play around with it as you see fit. 

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34350
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2020 - 2:52 AM ET #616

    There are lots of things to consider with options. Whether it is European-style options (which are usually options on indexes) and American-style options (which are usually options on individual stocks).  This basically helps out with your timing as American options (usually stocks) can be exercised before the expiration date. 

    But because of all of these variables there is a correlation in the movement of stock price and option price.  But to make a very, very long story somewhat shorter — it is not like a solid ratio where a stock goes up 10% and, therefore, you can easily predict the call option to go up 50%.  Time, intrinsic value, and volatility all play a huge part in this. 

    For example, I have seen call options that actually would go down when the stock went up AND the call options on either side would go up. Rare, but it can happen if, for example, expiration is right around the corner or there is not much volatility, etc.  

    In other words, if you are going to make a big play on this, I highly encourage you to really study up and have a very good understanding of what you are doing.  I am not saying that you don’t — I am saying that options can be very volatile.  If the stock moves the wrong way at first or if there is no demand or if expiration time is coming soon — then you can be in a bad situation quickly.  But if you are right on the movement, give yourself plenty of time, and pick a call that has lots of demand — you can make a lot of money very quickly.  

    The obvious benefit is there is ‘unlimited’ upside and ‘limited’ downside.  You already know the absolute most you can lose in the trade going in and the sky is the limit on what you can make. 

    You never forget the good days or the bad days.  I have had to bail out of a lot of trades at a big loss or even rode some all the way down to zero.  But on the other hand I have had some fantastic days with options.  

    My best trade ever I made over 1100% on one trade.  I put in a trade in the afternoon right before the market closed.  The next morning it had closed out before I even woke up.  Amazingly, caught lightning in a bottle with that trade.  Was the most I ever made on one trade and for sure the quickest.  

    But you can easily double or triple your money on a trade — if you are right about the movement of the stock, have time on your option and it has the volatility you need.  But you really have to know what you are doing and limit your potential losses by always, always, always, always, having stops in place on a position.  If your position moves in your favor move the stops up, etc.  Never forget to lock in your profits. 

    Reply

    There are lots of things to consider with options. Whether it is European-style options (which are usually options on indexes) and American-style options (which are usually options on individual stocks).  This basically helps out with your timing as American options (usually stocks) can be exercised before the expiration date. 

    But because of all of these variables there is a correlation in the movement of stock price and option price.  But to make a very, very long story somewhat shorter — it is not like a solid ratio where a stock goes up 10% and, therefore, you can easily predict the call option to go up 50%.  Time, intrinsic value, and volatility all play a huge part in this. 

    For example, I have seen call options that actually would go down when the stock went up AND the call options on either side would go up. Rare, but it can happen if, for example, expiration is right around the corner or there is not much volatility, etc.  

    In other words, if you are going to make a big play on this, I highly encourage you to really study up and have a very good understanding of what you are doing.  I am not saying that you don’t — I am saying that options can be very volatile.  If the stock moves the wrong way at first or if there is no demand or if expiration time is coming soon — then you can be in a bad situation quickly.  But if you are right on the movement, give yourself plenty of time, and pick a call that has lots of demand — you can make a lot of money very quickly.  

    The obvious benefit is there is ‘unlimited’ upside and ‘limited’ downside.  You already know the absolute most you can lose in the trade going in and the sky is the limit on what you can make. 

    You never forget the good days or the bad days.  I have had to bail out of a lot of trades at a big loss or even rode some all the way down to zero.  But on the other hand I have had some fantastic days with options.  

    My best trade ever I made over 1100% on one trade.  I put in a trade in the afternoon right before the market closed.  The next morning it had closed out before I even woke up.  Amazingly, caught lightning in a bottle with that trade.  Was the most I ever made on one trade and for sure the quickest.  

    But you can easily double or triple your money on a trade — if you are right about the movement of the stock, have time on your option and it has the volatility you need.  But you really have to know what you are doing and limit your potential losses by always, always, always, always, having stops in place on a position.  If your position moves in your favor move the stops up, etc.  Never forget to lock in your profits. 

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34350
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2020 - 2:55 AM ET #617

    I am not certain I have answered at all what you wanted to know.  

    I am playing chess right now.  Will look at ROKU and that particular option in a bit and see what you are seeing. 

    Reply

    I am not certain I have answered at all what you wanted to know.  

    I am playing chess right now.  Will look at ROKU and that particular option in a bit and see what you are seeing. 

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34350
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2020 - 3:49 AM ET #618

    The Black Scholes Calculator uses the following formulas:

    C = SP e-dt N(d1) - ST e-rt N(d2)

    P = ST e-rt N(-d2) - SP e-dt N(-d1)

    d1 = ( ln(SP/ST) + (r - d + (s2/2)) t ) / s vt

    d2 = ( ln(SP/ST) + (r - d - (s2/2)) t ) / s vt = d1 - s vt

    Where:

    C  is the value of the call option,

    P  is the value of the put option,

    N (.)  is the cumulative standard normal distribution function,

    SP  is the current stock price (spot price),

    ST  is the strike price (exercise price),

    e  is the exponential constant (2.7182818),

    ln  is the natural logarithm,

    r  is the current risk-free interest rate (as a decimal),

    t  is the time to expiration in years,

    s  is the annualized volatilityof the stock (as a decimal),

    d  is the dividend yield (as a decimal).

    Reply

    The Black Scholes Calculator uses the following formulas:

    C = SP e-dt N(d1) - ST e-rt N(d2)

    P = ST e-rt N(-d2) - SP e-dt N(-d1)

    d1 = ( ln(SP/ST) + (r - d + (s2/2)) t ) / s vt

    d2 = ( ln(SP/ST) + (r - d - (s2/2)) t ) / s vt = d1 - s vt

    Where:

    C  is the value of the call option,

    P  is the value of the put option,

    N (.)  is the cumulative standard normal distribution function,

    SP  is the current stock price (spot price),

    ST  is the strike price (exercise price),

    e  is the exponential constant (2.7182818),

    ln  is the natural logarithm,

    r  is the current risk-free interest rate (as a decimal),

    t  is the time to expiration in years,

    s  is the annualized volatilityof the stock (as a decimal),

    d  is the dividend yield (as a decimal).

     
    Raiders22
    Raiders22
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 34350
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2020 - 4:33 AM ET #619

    Quote Originally Posted by concavecapital:

    I’m on here every day following your opinions.  I just wish there were a lot more people talking about stocks in here.  Obviously with sports gone I’m trying to get into this and have a very newbie question about option calls.  There are 4,000 ROKU 7/17 $240calls for .23     The stock is half of that now.  What does this mean?  if the stock basically doubles in a month the payout is ...   240 -120-.23 x 4000= 479,080? i’m trying to learn all these damn options every single day but know this cannot be correct.  You’re paying $920 for the calls yet you can hit almost a half a mil if this somehow hits and they get acquired which is the rumor.  Someone tell me the math or the pay out in this situation I would appreciate it. Thanks

    Okay went back and reread your post.  

    Stock:

    Opened at 107.49.  Closed at 120.81

    So was up 12% today.

    Call option:

    Opened at .10   Ranged from .10 to 1.19   Closed at .75.

    So was up 650% today.

     

    So, you can see that the price of the calls went up WAY more, percentage-wise, than the stock price itself did.

    Remember these are lots of 100 shares of stock.

    So, at .23 price it would cost $92,000 to buy 4000 calls NOT $920.

    So, yes, you could buy 40 calls at that price for $920.  Then if the stock doubled in price in a month you would make a tremendous amount of money on your options.  Even if you worked it as a ratio — which as I said, it is not — could be 5400% increase.  For sure, you could make the money you say — IF you were right and the stock shot up for a month.  But there are a lot of variables in it. 

    Maybe some of that helps answer what you were asking?  

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by concavecapital:

    I’m on here every day following your opinions.  I just wish there were a lot more people talking about stocks in here.  Obviously with sports gone I’m trying to get into this and have a very newbie question about option calls.  There are 4,000 ROKU 7/17 $240calls for .23     The stock is half of that now.  What does this mean?  if the stock basically doubles in a month the payout is ...   240 -120-.23 x 4000= 479,080? i’m trying to learn all these damn options every single day but know this cannot be correct.  You’re paying $920 for the calls yet you can hit almost a half a mil if this somehow hits and they get acquired which is the rumor.  Someone tell me the math or the pay out in this situation I would appreciate it. Thanks

    Okay went back and reread your post.  

    Stock:

    Opened at 107.49.  Closed at 120.81

    So was up 12% today.

    Call option:

    Opened at .10   Ranged from .10 to 1.19   Closed at .75.

    So was up 650% today.

     

    So, you can see that the price of the calls went up WAY more, percentage-wise, than the stock price itself did.

    Remember these are lots of 100 shares of stock.

    So, at .23 price it would cost $92,000 to buy 4000 calls NOT $920.

    So, yes, you could buy 40 calls at that price for $920.  Then if the stock doubled in price in a month you would make a tremendous amount of money on your options.  Even if you worked it as a ratio — which as I said, it is not — could be 5400% increase.  For sure, you could make the money you say — IF you were right and the stock shot up for a month.  But there are a lot of variables in it. 

    Maybe some of that helps answer what you were asking?  

     
    artdb
    artdb
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 197
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2020 - 8:12 AM ET #620

    Rush51  NK NantKwest, Inc is a clinical-stage immunotherapy company. Senator Harry Reed used it and so far so good, but I wouldn't buy it @ $8. Here's a couple Mutual Funds that been good - TMFGX & JAGLX

    Reply

    Rush51  NK NantKwest, Inc is a clinical-stage immunotherapy company. Senator Harry Reed used it and so far so good, but I wouldn't buy it @ $8. Here's a couple Mutual Funds that been good - TMFGX & JAGLX

     
    Rush51
    Rush51
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 8841
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2020 - 1:31 PM ET #621

    Yeah, Artdb... I checked out the ticker of NK and saw they were biotech.  I don't know how you've done w/ biotechs in the past, but personally, I hate them.  I think I may have discussed them briefly before in this thread... In short, my experience with the biotech companies is that they have binary outcomes.  They either get the FDA approval AND must have successful clinical trials, etc and rocket higher,.... or they only get one of the two, and their stock plummets.  So, I have a bias against small biotech companies. 

    That being said, the JAGLX fund you referenced from Janus looks like a great fund in the Healthcare sector.  I am a fan on these types of Healthcare sector funds/ETFs, most notably because they include much larger diversified healthcare companies (eg. J&J, Merck, Pfizer, etc.).  Their stock price won't go to $0 if they miss out on a new drug.. The same can't be said for smaller biotechs like NK.  Personally, I own the sector ETF "XLV"  .  It looks to performs equally as well as the JAGLX, with a lower expense ratio of 0.13% (compared to 0.92% in the JAGLX).  I plan to buy and hold this sector for a long period of time, so that small difference in expense ratio can add up to thousands of dollars over longer periods of time..

    I think in summary, for your interest in the healthcare arena,  you'll do really well if you bought and held the JAGLX over a longer period of time, and slightly better if you held the XLV.  

    Reply

    Yeah, Artdb... I checked out the ticker of NK and saw they were biotech.  I don't know how you've done w/ biotechs in the past, but personally, I hate them.  I think I may have discussed them briefly before in this thread... In short, my experience with the biotech companies is that they have binary outcomes.  They either get the FDA approval AND must have successful clinical trials, etc and rocket higher,.... or they only get one of the two, and their stock plummets.  So, I have a bias against small biotech companies. 

    That being said, the JAGLX fund you referenced from Janus looks like a great fund in the Healthcare sector.  I am a fan on these types of Healthcare sector funds/ETFs, most notably because they include much larger diversified healthcare companies (eg. J&J, Merck, Pfizer, etc.).  Their stock price won't go to $0 if they miss out on a new drug.. The same can't be said for smaller biotechs like NK.  Personally, I own the sector ETF "XLV"  .  It looks to performs equally as well as the JAGLX, with a lower expense ratio of 0.13% (compared to 0.92% in the JAGLX).  I plan to buy and hold this sector for a long period of time, so that small difference in expense ratio can add up to thousands of dollars over longer periods of time..

    I think in summary, for your interest in the healthcare arena,  you'll do really well if you bought and held the JAGLX over a longer period of time, and slightly better if you held the XLV.  

     
    gambleholic63
    gambleholic63
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 4412
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2020 - 1:32 PM ET #622

    Raiders....you answered that question like you were getting paid. I doubt the guys at CNBC could have done better. Well done!

    Gamble for entertainment, invest for wealth!
    Reply

    Raiders....you answered that question like you were getting paid. I doubt the guys at CNBC could have done better. Well done!

     
    gambleholic63
    gambleholic63
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 4412
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2020 - 1:56 PM ET #623

    Rush. You made the most important point on JAGLX and its .92% expense ratio. I have denounced financial "advisors" in many threads here and it is a point that deserves to be brought up again and again and again. Consider the case of my ex-gf whom had an advisor charging her 1.5% as a % of assets and had her in multiple high fee funds (.92 to over 1%). I have seen so called advisors use this strategy as it is common knowledge that "advisors" recieve regular kick backs from mutual fund companies as compensation for putting their clients in these high fee funds.

    Here is some quick math on a million dollar portfolio over 3 decades with a 1.5% of assets fee and a 1% mutual fund expense fee.

    Year 1 fees: $25,000....account grows to $1,070,000 based on a long term average 7% annual gain. $1,045,000 remaining after fees.

    It is important to note that the 1% mutual fund fee will be "invisible" as it is taken out of the daily share price quarterly while the broker fee will show up as a deduction on your quarterly statement. 

    In year 2, the fees will grow to $26,125. Over decades, again assuming a 7% yearly return, over the first decade the fees will steadily increase and result in fees well over $300,000. Compound these results over an investing lifetime of 3 or 4 or 5 decades and your "advisor and fund companies" will walk away with millions of dollars. Run the math for yourself if you are skeptical of how damaging fees can be to your portfolio. 

    Also, while this example is extreme, I have seen it in action with multiple people that I have helped over the years with their investments. Unfortunately, the people that go to financial advisors for help are the ones with the least knowledge and thus become the most vulnerable to fee abuse by the people they are supposed to trust. 

    We talk a lot here about buying GOOG, HD, BAC or some other random stock or fund, but we rarely get into discussions on fees. IMO, fee abuse by advisors is the single biggest RISK TO YOUR PORTFOLIO. 

    Don't let it happen. Pay attention to broker and mutual fund fees!

    Your portfolio will thank you!

    Gamble for entertainment, invest for wealth!
    Reply

    Rush. You made the most important point on JAGLX and its .92% expense ratio. I have denounced financial "advisors" in many threads here and it is a point that deserves to be brought up again and again and again. Consider the case of my ex-gf whom had an advisor charging her 1.5% as a % of assets and had her in multiple high fee funds (.92 to over 1%). I have seen so called advisors use this strategy as it is common knowledge that "advisors" recieve regular kick backs from mutual fund companies as compensation for putting their clients in these high fee funds.

    Here is some quick math on a million dollar portfolio over 3 decades with a 1.5% of assets fee and a 1% mutual fund expense fee.

    Year 1 fees: $25,000....account grows to $1,070,000 based on a long term average 7% annual gain. $1,045,000 remaining after fees.

    It is important to note that the 1% mutual fund fee will be "invisible" as it is taken out of the daily share price quarterly while the broker fee will show up as a deduction on your quarterly statement. 

    In year 2, the fees will grow to $26,125. Over decades, again assuming a 7% yearly return, over the first decade the fees will steadily increase and result in fees well over $300,000. Compound these results over an investing lifetime of 3 or 4 or 5 decades and your "advisor and fund companies" will walk away with millions of dollars. Run the math for yourself if you are skeptical of how damaging fees can be to your portfolio. 

    Also, while this example is extreme, I have seen it in action with multiple people that I have helped over the years with their investments. Unfortunately, the people that go to financial advisors for help are the ones with the least knowledge and thus become the most vulnerable to fee abuse by the people they are supposed to trust. 

    We talk a lot here about buying GOOG, HD, BAC or some other random stock or fund, but we rarely get into discussions on fees. IMO, fee abuse by advisors is the single biggest RISK TO YOUR PORTFOLIO. 

    Don't let it happen. Pay attention to broker and mutual fund fees!

    Your portfolio will thank you!

     
    Rush51
    Rush51
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 8841
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2020 - 1:57 PM ET #624

    Gamble, I may join you and have added WMT to my "shopping list" if stocks get obliterated again.  I have set a pretty low price target of $100, so I fully realize that it may never come in... which is just fine.  I am plenty invested in the market and will not miss it if it never comes in. 

    That being said, as big as WMT is, this company still has a lot of upside potential in its online business.  On line sales make up only around 5% of their overall sales.  I think it has a good , defensible , position against Amazon, too, as more people order on line and pick up in store.  WMT has that in spades that AMZN cannot compete with with their tiny Whole Foods presence.  I owned WMT years before (as a trade) when AMZN announced they were buying Whole Foods.  KR, TFT, and WMT each dropped significantly and I bought them all and did well.  This time around, I would be happy owning WMT as a long term play because they have moat.  

    Reply

    Gamble, I may join you and have added WMT to my "shopping list" if stocks get obliterated again.  I have set a pretty low price target of $100, so I fully realize that it may never come in... which is just fine.  I am plenty invested in the market and will not miss it if it never comes in. 

    That being said, as big as WMT is, this company still has a lot of upside potential in its online business.  On line sales make up only around 5% of their overall sales.  I think it has a good , defensible , position against Amazon, too, as more people order on line and pick up in store.  WMT has that in spades that AMZN cannot compete with with their tiny Whole Foods presence.  I owned WMT years before (as a trade) when AMZN announced they were buying Whole Foods.  KR, TFT, and WMT each dropped significantly and I bought them all and did well.  This time around, I would be happy owning WMT as a long term play because they have moat.  

     
     
    Rush51
    Rush51
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2005
    Posts: 8841
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2020 - 2:06 PM ET #625

    Quote Originally Posted by gambleholic63:

    Rush. You made the most important point on JAGLX and its .92% expense ratio. I have denounced financial "advisors" in many threads here and it is a point that deserves to be brought up again and again and again. Consider the case of my ex-gf whom had an advisor charging her 1.5% as a % of assets and had her in multiple high fee funds (.92 to over 1%). I have seen so called advisors use this strategy as it is common knowledge that "advisors" recieve regular kick backs from mutual fund companies as compensation for putting their clients in these high fee funds. Here is some quick math on a million dollar portfolio over 3 decades with a 1.5% of assets fee and a 1% mutual fund expense fee. Year 1 fees: $25,000....account grows to $1,070,000 based on a long term average 7% annual gain. $1,045,000 remaining after fees. It is important to note that the 1% mutual fund fee will be "invisible" as it is taken out of the daily share price quarterly while the broker fee will show up as a deduction on your quarterly statement.  In year 2, the fees will grow to $26,125. Over decades, again assuming a 7% yearly return, over the first decade the fees will steadily increase and result in fees well over $300,000. Compound these results over an investing lifetime of 3 or 4 or 5 decades and your "advisor and fund companies" will walk away with millions of dollars. Run the math for yourself if you are skeptical of how damaging fees can be to your portfolio.  Also, while this example is extreme, I have seen it in action with multiple people that I have helped over the years with their investments. Unfortunately, the people that go to financial advisors for help are the ones with the least knowledge and thus become the most vulnerable to fee abuse by the people they are supposed to trust.  We talk a lot here about buying GOOG, HD, BAC or some other random stock or fund, but we rarely get into discussions on fees. IMO, fee abuse by advisors is the single biggest RISK TO YOUR PORTFOLIO.  Don't let it happen. Pay attention to broker and mutual fund fees! Your portfolio will thank you!

    Well said, Gamble.  I'm a BIG proponent of index funds.  It makes up the bulk of my investing..  For this (cost) reason AND for the fact that they perform better than just about any active manager over long periods of time.  an_clap

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by gambleholic63:

    Rush. You made the most important point on JAGLX and its .92% expense ratio. I have denounced financial "advisors" in many threads here and it is a point that deserves to be brought up again and again and again. Consider the case of my ex-gf whom had an advisor charging her 1.5% as a % of assets and had her in multiple high fee funds (.92 to over 1%). I have seen so called advisors use this strategy as it is common knowledge that "advisors" recieve regular kick backs from mutual fund companies as compensation for putting their clients in these high fee funds. Here is some quick math on a million dollar portfolio over 3 decades with a 1.5% of assets fee and a 1% mutual fund expense fee. Year 1 fees: $25,000....account grows to $1,070,000 based on a long term average 7% annual gain. $1,045,000 remaining after fees. It is important to note that the 1% mutual fund fee will be "invisible" as it is taken out of the daily share price quarterly while the broker fee will show up as a deduction on your quarterly statement.  In year 2, the fees will grow to $26,125. Over decades, again assuming a 7% yearly return, over the first decade the fees will steadily increase and result in fees well over $300,000. Compound these results over an investing lifetime of 3 or 4 or 5 decades and your "advisor and fund companies" will walk away with millions of dollars. Run the math for yourself if you are skeptical of how damaging fees can be to your portfolio.  Also, while this example is extreme, I have seen it in action with multiple people that I have helped over the years with their investments. Unfortunately, the people that go to financial advisors for help are the ones with the least knowledge and thus become the most vulnerable to fee abuse by the people they are supposed to trust.  We talk a lot here about buying GOOG, HD, BAC or some other random stock or fund, but we rarely get into discussions on fees. IMO, fee abuse by advisors is the single biggest RISK TO YOUR PORTFOLIO.  Don't let it happen. Pay attention to broker and mutual fund fees! Your portfolio will thank you!

    Well said, Gamble.  I'm a BIG proponent of index funds.  It makes up the bulk of my investing..  For this (cost) reason AND for the fact that they perform better than just about any active manager over long periods of time.  an_clap

    All Forums | Investments
    «First Previous 252627 ... 383940 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,298
    • PART DEUX 223
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 266,067
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,114
    • Cleveland Bettors 2,670
    • Friday 10/02/2026 804
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 30,341
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 12,151
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,844
    • Week 5 Money 5,574

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.