• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Investments

    MAY MARKET THREAD

    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»
    sheil
    depeche2
    wallstreetcappers
    Vermeer
    Gunners
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1800
    Posts: 94
    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»
     
    sheil
    sheil
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 194
    Posted: May. 4, 2008 - 11:22 PM ET #26

    someone tell my why i should invest in reits
    Reply
    someone tell my why i should invest in reits
     
    depeche2
    depeche2
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2002
    Posts: 67006
    Posted: May. 5, 2008 - 1:00 AM ET #27

    I need 1 good stock buy this week.
    Reply
    I need 1 good stock buy this week.
     
    depeche2
    depeche2
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2002
    Posts: 67006
    Posted: May. 5, 2008 - 1:03 AM ET #28

    Is Sun Micro a loser or a good value now?
    Reply
    Is Sun Micro a loser or a good value now?
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58424
    Posted: May. 5, 2008 - 2:07 AM ET #29

    Depeche,

    No way....avoid JAVA.

    With 5% margins they have to move a MOUNTAIN to get the stock to move up EPS wise..no thanks.

    See if they sell off some solars, if oil keeps going down, the solars will too. I dont see a ton of value out there right now.

    What time horizon on the trade and what are you looking for..a home run, a single (10%) etc?
    Reply
    Depeche,

    No way....avoid JAVA.

    With 5% margins they have to move a MOUNTAIN to get the stock to move up EPS wise..no thanks.

    See if they sell off some solars, if oil keeps going down, the solars will too. I dont see a ton of value out there right now.

    What time horizon on the trade and what are you looking for..a home run, a single (10%) etc?
     
    Vermeer
    Vermeer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 2910
    Posted: May. 5, 2008 - 10:07 AM ET #30


     Wall:

     I thought I would pass this along regarding Dykstra, he is pumping his own website "Nails on the Numbers>" LOL... I wish him well.

    https://thelennydykstrareport.com/news/?page_id=19
    Reply

     Wall:

     I thought I would pass this along regarding Dykstra, he is pumping his own website "Nails on the Numbers>" LOL... I wish him well.

    https://thelennydykstrareport.com/news/?page_id=19
     
    Gunners
    Gunners
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2006
    Posts: 3392
    Posted: May. 5, 2008 - 10:29 AM ET #31

    Quote Originally Posted by sheil:

    someone tell my why i should invest in reits

    High dividends

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sheil:

    someone tell my why i should invest in reits

    High dividends

     
    Gunners
    Gunners
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2006
    Posts: 3392
    Posted: May. 5, 2008 - 10:31 AM ET #32

    Vermeer,

    nice new avatar!

    Reply

    Vermeer,

    nice new avatar!

     
    Vermeer
    Vermeer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 2910
    Posted: May. 5, 2008 - 11:10 AM ET #33


    Thanks Gunners, been a favorite photo for a few of months.I would take just one night with Sharapova......the market could  go 1929 all over again and I would not care...

    Reply

    Thanks Gunners, been a favorite photo for a few of months.I would take just one night with Sharapova......the market could  go 1929 all over again and I would not care...

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58424
    Posted: May. 5, 2008 - 11:33 AM ET #34

    Quote Originally Posted by Vermeer:


     Wall:

     I thought I would pass this along regarding Dykstra, he is pumping his own website "Nails on the Numbers>" LOL... I wish him well.

    https://thelennydykstrareport.com/news/?page_id=19


    Brutal, he turned tout and that site looks pathetic to boot.


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermeer:


     Wall:

     I thought I would pass this along regarding Dykstra, he is pumping his own website "Nails on the Numbers>" LOL... I wish him well.

    https://thelennydykstrareport.com/news/?page_id=19


    Brutal, he turned tout and that site looks pathetic to boot.


     
    KOAJ
    KOAJ
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 66698
    Posted: May. 5, 2008 - 11:53 AM ET #35

    Quote Originally Posted by depeche2:

    I need 1 good stock buy this week.


    CPO

    -beautiful cup and handle...new base forming at 45
    -good instituttional money
    -recession proof product line. slight agriculture play
    -13x forward earnings
    -seems pretty cheap

    im waiting for a commodity pullback so i can buy some steel or steel companies
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by depeche2:

    I need 1 good stock buy this week.


    CPO

    -beautiful cup and handle...new base forming at 45
    -good instituttional money
    -recession proof product line. slight agriculture play
    -13x forward earnings
    -seems pretty cheap

    im waiting for a commodity pullback so i can buy some steel or steel companies
     
    Vermeer
    Vermeer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 2910
    Posted: May. 5, 2008 - 12:25 PM ET #36


    Wall,

    Yeah that site is tuly awful in design!!!!


    Anyone got an opinion on JEF ??

    Jefferies Group Inc. (JEF)

    Two directors at the investment bank purchased more than $91 million in company stock each (this is not a typo).




    Reply

    Wall,

    Yeah that site is tuly awful in design!!!!


    Anyone got an opinion on JEF ??

    Jefferies Group Inc. (JEF)

    Two directors at the investment bank purchased more than $91 million in company stock each (this is not a typo).




     
    Vermeer
    Vermeer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 2910
    Posted: May. 5, 2008 - 12:52 PM ET #37

    Forget the above question...

    Reply
    Forget the above question...

     
    Vermeer
    Vermeer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 2910
    Posted: May. 5, 2008 - 1:01 PM ET #38


     DRYS:

    DryShips Inc. (DRYS) opened at 90.99. So far today, the stock has hit a low of 90.50 and a high of 93.43. DRYS is now trading at 92.73, up 2.88 (3.17%). The stock hit its 52 week high of 131.34 in October and set its 52 week low of 33.42 in May. Shares of DryShips have been soaring in early trading after a Credit Suisse analyst initiate coverage on the stock with an "Outperform" rating. The broker believes the company is poised to benefit from the rise in the dry bulk rates and is expected to post robust earnings growth going forward. Technical indicators for the stock are bullish and steady
    Reply

     DRYS:

    DryShips Inc. (DRYS) opened at 90.99. So far today, the stock has hit a low of 90.50 and a high of 93.43. DRYS is now trading at 92.73, up 2.88 (3.17%). The stock hit its 52 week high of 131.34 in October and set its 52 week low of 33.42 in May. Shares of DryShips have been soaring in early trading after a Credit Suisse analyst initiate coverage on the stock with an "Outperform" rating. The broker believes the company is poised to benefit from the rise in the dry bulk rates and is expected to post robust earnings growth going forward. Technical indicators for the stock are bullish and steady
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58424
    Posted: May. 5, 2008 - 1:57 PM ET #39

    Vermeer,

    DRYS making me very happy, I have about 40% of my assets invested there, at times it was too much but I felt that strong about it.



    I feel and have said that anything under 100 is a good price.
    Reply
    Vermeer,

    DRYS making me very happy, I have about 40% of my assets invested there, at times it was too much but I felt that strong about it.



    I feel and have said that anything under 100 is a good price.
     
    Gunners
    Gunners
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2006
    Posts: 3392
    Posted: May. 5, 2008 - 2:44 PM ET #40

    I bought puts on LEH again when LEH was at $47.  I'm going back to my ATM machine.  There is something fishy going on in financials.  look at FNM, FRE, CFC, MS, to name a few.  LEH was up this morning when all those were down.  I'm looking for a decent pullback in financials soon.  SKF might be good for a trade here
    Reply
    I bought puts on LEH again when LEH was at $47.  I'm going back to my ATM machine.  There is something fishy going on in financials.  look at FNM, FRE, CFC, MS, to name a few.  LEH was up this morning when all those were down.  I'm looking for a decent pullback in financials soon.  SKF might be good for a trade here
     
    whereismyhat
    whereismyhat
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 16136
    Posted: May. 5, 2008 - 4:44 PM ET #41

    Ok just bought some BZP...we'll see what happens
    Reply
    Ok just bought some BZP...we'll see what happens
     
    Gunners
    Gunners
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2006
    Posts: 3392
    Posted: May. 5, 2008 - 5:41 PM ET #42

    BZP is the stock symbol for a company called BPZ.  that's pretty annoying!
     
    good luck, oil and gas has been in a serious uptrend.  after a brief technical look (i'm working on my technicals lately), If it was me, i'd put my stop at $20.80.  It acted as resistance briefly in March, then blew through it in a failed move.  It acted as resistance in april, and it just blew through it last week.  Hopefully it won't be a failed break this time.  But if it get's down past $20.80, it can go down to the $18s very quickly.  failed moves are usually followed by fast moves down. $22.60 looks like where you need it to break above and close above for a few days to establish itself as support.  then I'd move my stop up to somewhere around there.
     
    That was just a quick look.  don't decidedly do what i say...
    Reply
    BZP is the stock symbol for a company called BPZ.  that's pretty annoying!
     
    good luck, oil and gas has been in a serious uptrend.  after a brief technical look (i'm working on my technicals lately), If it was me, i'd put my stop at $20.80.  It acted as resistance briefly in March, then blew through it in a failed move.  It acted as resistance in april, and it just blew through it last week.  Hopefully it won't be a failed break this time.  But if it get's down past $20.80, it can go down to the $18s very quickly.  failed moves are usually followed by fast moves down. $22.60 looks like where you need it to break above and close above for a few days to establish itself as support.  then I'd move my stop up to somewhere around there.
     
    That was just a quick look.  don't decidedly do what i say...
     
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2002
    Posts: 56261
    Posted: May. 5, 2008 - 8:12 PM ET #43

    Bought some calls on IPI.  Hot Ipo in a hot sector.  I think this baby goes much higher.  Also like BCSI.  The stock has bottomed out and looks to head higher. 
    Reply
    Bought some calls on IPI.  Hot Ipo in a hot sector.  I think this baby goes much higher.  Also like BCSI.  The stock has bottomed out and looks to head higher. 
     
    whereismyhat
    whereismyhat
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 16136
    Posted: May. 5, 2008 - 8:30 PM ET #44

    Gunners-
     
    Thanks for your input, I'll keep a close eye on this thing tomorrow...I really appreciate it 
     
    I've been doing some homework, and I think I am finally going to have some stocks that are respectable to share with you guys...(I know you are holding your breath)
    Reply
    Gunners-
     
    Thanks for your input, I'll keep a close eye on this thing tomorrow...I really appreciate it 
     
    I've been doing some homework, and I think I am finally going to have some stocks that are respectable to share with you guys...(I know you are holding your breath)
     
    whereismyhat
    whereismyhat
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 16136
    Posted: May. 5, 2008 - 9:11 PM ET #45

    Ok let me throw 2 more out there, that I just bought....enzn and algn
    Reply
    Ok let me throw 2 more out there, that I just bought....enzn and algn
     
    Gunners
    Gunners
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2006
    Posts: 3392
    Posted: May. 6, 2008 - 8:33 AM ET #46

    I gave up my blog at ibankcoin.com because it was taking up too much of my time.  They are having elections today to see who replaces me.  If you have time, go to this link and vote for Dpeezy.  I endorse Dpeezy for the position.  he's an options trader that is really really good. 
     
    thanks
    Reply
    I gave up my blog at ibankcoin.com because it was taking up too much of my time.  They are having elections today to see who replaces me.  If you have time, go to this link and vote for Dpeezy.  I endorse Dpeezy for the position.  he's an options trader that is really really good. 
     
    thanks
     
    whereismyhat
    whereismyhat
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 16136
    Posted: May. 6, 2008 - 10:08 AM ET #47

    I voted for Dpeezy Gunners
     
    I bought ALGN at 12.06 and ENZN at 9.38. 
     
    Ok for ALGN i have put my stop point at 11.30  and ENZN I put my stop at 8.70.  Do those seem like good stop points?
     
     
    Another one I am liking, SAPE, they seem to be a great company that spends their money well.  I am going to wait to see if it can get an uptrend going, maybe around 7.65 and pull the trigger.
    Reply
    I voted for Dpeezy Gunners
     
    I bought ALGN at 12.06 and ENZN at 9.38. 
     
    Ok for ALGN i have put my stop point at 11.30  and ENZN I put my stop at 8.70.  Do those seem like good stop points?
     
     
    Another one I am liking, SAPE, they seem to be a great company that spends their money well.  I am going to wait to see if it can get an uptrend going, maybe around 7.65 and pull the trigger.
     
    Vermeer
    Vermeer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 2910
    Posted: May. 6, 2008 - 11:48 AM ET #48


    Wall,

    If I can find it I will post what looked to be a good bull put spread on DRYS, can't recall the details of it at the moment.I am enjoying the ride on them as well.By the way Dykstra says he is posting again on thestreet.com so I may keep an eye on his free picks there, what the hell.

     

    Reply

    Wall,

    If I can find it I will post what looked to be a good bull put spread on DRYS, can't recall the details of it at the moment.I am enjoying the ride on them as well.By the way Dykstra says he is posting again on thestreet.com so I may keep an eye on his free picks there, what the hell.

     

     
    Vermeer
    Vermeer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 2910
    Posted: May. 6, 2008 - 12:01 PM ET #49

    If you’re looking for a hedged play on this stock, consider a September bull-put credit spread below the $45 range. DRYS stock could fall up to 51.5% before expiration and this position would still be profitable.
    Reply
    If you’re looking for a hedged play on this stock, consider a September bull-put credit spread below the $45 range. DRYS stock could fall up to 51.5% before expiration and this position would still be profitable.
     
     
    Gunners
    Gunners
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2006
    Posts: 3392
    Posted: May. 6, 2008 - 12:17 PM ET #50

    I sold my LEH puts earlier today when i saw FNM reverse.  I got it down by the lows of the day, making 30% in a day. 
     
    Markets are green now and i'd be only up 3% with the LEH puts.  i love it when i time it like that. 
     
    By the way, if anyone is looking for daily un-biased technical analysis, go to www.alphatrends.net.  he puts up videos at the end of every day and analyzes SPY, QQQQ, IWM, XLF, SMH and other randoms from time to time.  He's releasing a book soon as well.  I just pre-ordered it
    Reply
    I sold my LEH puts earlier today when i saw FNM reverse.  I got it down by the lows of the day, making 30% in a day. 
     
    Markets are green now and i'd be only up 3% with the LEH puts.  i love it when i time it like that. 
     
    By the way, if anyone is looking for daily un-biased technical analysis, go to www.alphatrends.net.  he puts up videos at the end of every day and analyzes SPY, QQQQ, IWM, XLF, SMH and other randoms from time to time.  He's releasing a book soon as well.  I just pre-ordered it
    All Forums | Investments
    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 450,639
    • Monday 09/28/2026 810
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,261
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 59,996
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,400
    • Eagles@Bears discussion 3,616
    • PART DEUX 240
    • Eagles vs Bears in-game live MNF 1,906
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 28,550
    • Another BS PI 1,003

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.