• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Investments

    December Stock Talk II

    «First Previous 123456 Next Last»
    wallstreetcappers
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    Vermeer
    Gridophiles
    AZGrinder
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2020
    Posts: 130
    «First Previous 123456 Next Last»
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Dec. 17, 2007 - 11:03 PM ET #76

    Calls?

    Just buy the stock!!!

    So what did you buy, the 5s?
    Reply
    Calls?

    Just buy the stock!!!

    So what did you buy, the 5s?
     
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2002
    Posts: 56261
    Posted: Dec. 18, 2007 - 12:48 AM ET #77

    THe 5's?  You know I wouldn't do thatMarch 7.50's.   Didn't buy much.  Just entertainment purposes.  I wouldn't put much money in anything now.
     
    Reply
    THe 5's?  You know I wouldn't do thatMarch 7.50's.   Didn't buy much.  Just entertainment purposes.  I wouldn't put much money in anything now.
     
     
    Vermeer
    Vermeer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 2910
    Posted: Dec. 18, 2007 - 9:32 AM ET #78

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    I saw that interview with she and he and the guy seems like a total bore..why anyone would want to be married to him, well I dont get it..

    5 pts wrong on DRYS so far..geez I could have bot another 2 contracts..  



    As per Greenspam and wife, power, the ultimate aphrodisiac in that Hollywood for ugly people, Washington, DC
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    I saw that interview with she and he and the guy seems like a total bore..why anyone would want to be married to him, well I dont get it..

    5 pts wrong on DRYS so far..geez I could have bot another 2 contracts..  



    As per Greenspam and wife, power, the ultimate aphrodisiac in that Hollywood for ugly people, Washington, DC
     
    Gridophiles
    Gridophiles
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 477
    Posted: Dec. 19, 2007 - 5:48 PM ET #79

    Damn.......bump!!!
    Reply
    Damn.......bump!!!
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Dec. 19, 2007 - 6:09 PM ET #80

    Jeff,

    I didnt see the reply till today..you are probably ok on March 7.50s, but the break even is theoretically 2.50 from the current price of the stock which is a big move..

    You arent that big of a gambler..but that trade is definately a gamble.
    Reply
    Jeff,

    I didnt see the reply till today..you are probably ok on March 7.50s, but the break even is theoretically 2.50 from the current price of the stock which is a big move..

    You arent that big of a gambler..but that trade is definately a gamble.
     
    Vermeer
    Vermeer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 2910
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2007 - 5:14 AM ET #81

    Regulation SHO took effect January 3, 2005, and provides a new regulatory framework governing short selling of securities. It was designed with the objective of simplifying and modernizing short sale regulation and providing controls where they are most needed. At the conclusion of each settlement day, data is provided on securities in which: 1) there are at least 10,000 shares in aggregate failed deliveries for the security for five consecutive settlement days, and 2) these failures constitute at least 0.5% of the issuer's total shares outstanding. Regulation SHO mandates that, if a clearing agent has had a fail-to-deliver position for 13 consecutive settlement days, that clearing agent, and the broker/dealer it clears for, must purchase securities to close out its fail to deliver position.

    Hoku Scientific Inc. (NASDAQ: HOKU | charts | news | PowerRating) a materials science company, provides materials and components for the generation of electricity from clean energy technologies in the United States and internationally. It designs, develops, and manufactures membrane electrode assemblies (MEAs) and membranes for proton exchange membrane fuel cells, as well as develops custom monomers and polymers for MEAs. The company also develops photovoltaic (PV) modules for solar power systems; and polysilicon, a primary raw material used to manufacture PV modules. Hoku Scientific offers its products and services for the residential primary power, commercial back-up, and automotive hydrogen fuel cell markets. The company was incorporated in March 2001 under the name Pacific Energy Group, Inc. and changed its name to Hoku Scientific, Inc. in July 2001. Hoku Scientific is headquartered in Kapolei, Hawaii. With 16.8 million shares outstanding and 3.8 million shares declared short as of November 2007, the failure to deliver in shares of HOKU has not been resolved and a buy-in is imminent.

    Reply

    Regulation SHO took effect January 3, 2005, and provides a new regulatory framework governing short selling of securities. It was designed with the objective of simplifying and modernizing short sale regulation and providing controls where they are most needed. At the conclusion of each settlement day, data is provided on securities in which: 1) there are at least 10,000 shares in aggregate failed deliveries for the security for five consecutive settlement days, and 2) these failures constitute at least 0.5% of the issuer's total shares outstanding. Regulation SHO mandates that, if a clearing agent has had a fail-to-deliver position for 13 consecutive settlement days, that clearing agent, and the broker/dealer it clears for, must purchase securities to close out its fail to deliver position.

    Hoku Scientific Inc. (NASDAQ: HOKU | charts | news | PowerRating) a materials science company, provides materials and components for the generation of electricity from clean energy technologies in the United States and internationally. It designs, develops, and manufactures membrane electrode assemblies (MEAs) and membranes for proton exchange membrane fuel cells, as well as develops custom monomers and polymers for MEAs. The company also develops photovoltaic (PV) modules for solar power systems; and polysilicon, a primary raw material used to manufacture PV modules. Hoku Scientific offers its products and services for the residential primary power, commercial back-up, and automotive hydrogen fuel cell markets. The company was incorporated in March 2001 under the name Pacific Energy Group, Inc. and changed its name to Hoku Scientific, Inc. in July 2001. Hoku Scientific is headquartered in Kapolei, Hawaii. With 16.8 million shares outstanding and 3.8 million shares declared short as of November 2007, the failure to deliver in shares of HOKU has not been resolved and a buy-in is imminent.

     
    Vermeer
    Vermeer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 2910
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2007 - 6:31 AM ET #82


     Anyone know anything about CACN? It is currently making the rounds as a touted stock...just curious.Am bein g seriously limited in my internet time due todestruction of laptop.If anyone has the time, or knows anything am just curious about it...



    Reply

     Anyone know anything about CACN? It is currently making the rounds as a touted stock...just curious.Am bein g seriously limited in my internet time due todestruction of laptop.If anyone has the time, or knows anything am just curious about it...



     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2007 - 10:54 AM ET #83

    Vermeer,

    I dont hold any weight to the "delivery" issue and SHO.

    Who is enforcing the regulation? And HOKU isnt in the top 5, there are much worse.
    Reply
    Vermeer,

    I dont hold any weight to the "delivery" issue and SHO.

    Who is enforcing the regulation? And HOKU isnt in the top 5, there are much worse.
     
    Gridophiles
    Gridophiles
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 477
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2007 - 6:55 PM ET #84

    UYG:  I don't know guys, probably will be buying tomorrow morning.  Most these financials are trading at 52 week lows, and BSC reports their first loss ever with a 1.9 billion subprime write-off, and the stock ends the day higher ?!?!?  I'm just thinking they are in a drastically oversold position right now and due for a pop.
     
    Thoughts?
     
    On Utah and the under tonight, along with the rest of the world. 
    Reply
    UYG:  I don't know guys, probably will be buying tomorrow morning.  Most these financials are trading at 52 week lows, and BSC reports their first loss ever with a 1.9 billion subprime write-off, and the stock ends the day higher ?!?!?  I'm just thinking they are in a drastically oversold position right now and due for a pop.
     
    Thoughts?
     
    On Utah and the under tonight, along with the rest of the world. 
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2007 - 8:12 PM ET #85

    Grid,

    I have IMB at MUCH higher levels and will not sell.

    I was thinking today that C with that 7% div yield looks mighty tasty. BAC with a 6 plus percent yield, even WFC has a yield of 4%.

    I have to think if you bot 10k of each stock (dollars) that 5 yrs down the road you could have a nice 30-40% return on all three AND a 30% plus yield over the same period.
    Reply
    Grid,

    I have IMB at MUCH higher levels and will not sell.

    I was thinking today that C with that 7% div yield looks mighty tasty. BAC with a 6 plus percent yield, even WFC has a yield of 4%.

    I have to think if you bot 10k of each stock (dollars) that 5 yrs down the road you could have a nice 30-40% return on all three AND a 30% plus yield over the same period.
     
    Gridophiles
    Gridophiles
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 477
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2007 - 9:26 PM ET #86

    Wall,
     
    That is sort of my issue.  I really don't have the jack to buy a basket of financials, that's why I was considering an ETF.  The money I play with in the market is my fun (mainly Vegas) money, separate from my retirement accounts and household money.  Also, as crazy as this is going to sound, I'm soooo conservative, that I'm more of a trader than an investor, I don't want to get long in anything.  I'm sure I'll get laughed at for this, but my wife's and my IRA's, 401k's and personal savings are invested in GIC's, TIPS, and I-Bonds, .................and I sleep great at night.
     
    Anyway, I have been watching C trade, but my thought is an ETF would spread some risk, but give me the overall short-term pop I think is coming. 
     
     
    Reply
    Wall,
     
    That is sort of my issue.  I really don't have the jack to buy a basket of financials, that's why I was considering an ETF.  The money I play with in the market is my fun (mainly Vegas) money, separate from my retirement accounts and household money.  Also, as crazy as this is going to sound, I'm soooo conservative, that I'm more of a trader than an investor, I don't want to get long in anything.  I'm sure I'll get laughed at for this, but my wife's and my IRA's, 401k's and personal savings are invested in GIC's, TIPS, and I-Bonds, .................and I sleep great at night.
     
    Anyway, I have been watching C trade, but my thought is an ETF would spread some risk, but give me the overall short-term pop I think is coming. 
     
     
     
    AZGrinder
    AZGrinder
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 328
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2007 - 9:45 PM ET #87

    Hey ws i've got 1100 shares of imb now...gonna sell some 7.50's on next rally...its been pretty slow goings with it the last few days though. What you think of the CEO?  He definately has a vested interest in the company thats for sure. He bought $1 mill worth earlier this year and says hes going to buy more in January when he is able to.(we will see)
     
    Looks like the rimm strangle would have worked today.  I had it all set up and chickened out right before placing the trade.  It looks like would have made money but nothing spectacular...
     
    Grid-the key is that you sleep great at night, no one can laugh at that.  I've had a tough time sleeping and working with some of my holdings.  Major migraine headaches that I know are related to this shit.  I cant stop though....
    Reply
    Hey ws i've got 1100 shares of imb now...gonna sell some 7.50's on next rally...its been pretty slow goings with it the last few days though. What you think of the CEO?  He definately has a vested interest in the company thats for sure. He bought $1 mill worth earlier this year and says hes going to buy more in January when he is able to.(we will see)
     
    Looks like the rimm strangle would have worked today.  I had it all set up and chickened out right before placing the trade.  It looks like would have made money but nothing spectacular...
     
    Grid-the key is that you sleep great at night, no one can laugh at that.  I've had a tough time sleeping and working with some of my holdings.  Major migraine headaches that I know are related to this shit.  I cant stop though....
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2007 - 9:52 PM ET #88

    Grinder,

    The stock is in the doghouse. If they werent a BANK and had some of the loans that CFC has, I wouldnt be as willing to hold. I think they survive and do fine..maybe it takes a year or so, I have shares in a IRA account, not going to give up on the trade.

    I didnt even realize RIMM had earnings..wow the day before expiry, that is crazy. You need to remind me of these things..haha

    Getting soaked on these DRYS options, but they are good till March and they will do a 3-1 split in late Jan..

    Grid..i dont know if there is a financial ETF that has the high yield those names give..which one are you talking about specifically?
    Reply
    Grinder,

    The stock is in the doghouse. If they werent a BANK and had some of the loans that CFC has, I wouldnt be as willing to hold. I think they survive and do fine..maybe it takes a year or so, I have shares in a IRA account, not going to give up on the trade.

    I didnt even realize RIMM had earnings..wow the day before expiry, that is crazy. You need to remind me of these things..haha

    Getting soaked on these DRYS options, but they are good till March and they will do a 3-1 split in late Jan..

    Grid..i dont know if there is a financial ETF that has the high yield those names give..which one are you talking about specifically?
     
    AZGrinder
    AZGrinder
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 328
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2007 - 10:07 PM ET #89

    Yeah, I wish I could access this site from work to read and post. 
     
    I had JCI split this year 3-1 which was good for a little while after the split then kind of took a shit....not sure if its related to the split or not but seems to be runnups after splits then kind of fizzles. I hope you kill it with DRYS though, I know its possible...that stock can move.
     
    I was looking at yahoo under company profile for DRYS and it said 2 full time employees.  I went to their website out of curiosity to try and verify this and found a list of about 6 or 7 people.  Hope they dont all travel on one plane....I'm sure they have 100's more employees I just thought it was kind of funny.
    Reply
    Yeah, I wish I could access this site from work to read and post. 
     
    I had JCI split this year 3-1 which was good for a little while after the split then kind of took a shit....not sure if its related to the split or not but seems to be runnups after splits then kind of fizzles. I hope you kill it with DRYS though, I know its possible...that stock can move.
     
    I was looking at yahoo under company profile for DRYS and it said 2 full time employees.  I went to their website out of curiosity to try and verify this and found a list of about 6 or 7 people.  Hope they dont all travel on one plane....I'm sure they have 100's more employees I just thought it was kind of funny.
     
    Gridophiles
    Gridophiles
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 477
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2007 - 10:12 PM ET #90

    Looking at ProShares ETF: UYG.  But I really don't plan to be long enough in it that the dividend matters to me.  I'm just betting on a mini-rally like we saw earlier in the month, maybe for a 20%+ pop.   This latest sell-off has been sharp and quick.
    Reply
    Looking at ProShares ETF: UYG.  But I really don't plan to be long enough in it that the dividend matters to me.  I'm just betting on a mini-rally like we saw earlier in the month, maybe for a 20%+ pop.   This latest sell-off has been sharp and quick.
     
    AZGrinder
    AZGrinder
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 328
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2007 - 10:14 PM ET #91

    oops forgot VFH might be an etf good for playing the financials.....Top ten has C, BAC, WFC, JPM, etc...  
     
    https://finance.yahoo.com/q/hl?s=VFH
    Reply
    oops forgot VFH might be an etf good for playing the financials.....Top ten has C, BAC, WFC, JPM, etc...  
     
    https://finance.yahoo.com/q/hl?s=VFH
     
    Gridophiles
    Gridophiles
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 477
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2007 - 10:34 PM ET #92

    Quote Originally Posted by AZGrinder:

    oops forgot VFH might be an etf good for playing the financials.....Top ten has C, BAC, WFC, JPM, etc...  
     
    https://finance.yahoo.com/q/hl?s=VFH

     

    Thanks.  That's good info to have.  I get stuck on ProShares because of their short ETF's.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by AZGrinder:

    oops forgot VFH might be an etf good for playing the financials.....Top ten has C, BAC, WFC, JPM, etc...  
     
    https://finance.yahoo.com/q/hl?s=VFH

     

    Thanks.  That's good info to have.  I get stuck on ProShares because of their short ETF's.

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2007 - 10:35 PM ET #93

    I dont care for that Vanguard ETF at all..for how low the stocks are, the fund has a 30% high low for the year.

    I would rather take more risk and buy a few good names like the ones mentioned.

    Whats the yield on that UYG ETF? I like the margin aspect of that versus the Vanguard choice.
    Reply
    I dont care for that Vanguard ETF at all..for how low the stocks are, the fund has a 30% high low for the year.

    I would rather take more risk and buy a few good names like the ones mentioned.

    Whats the yield on that UYG ETF? I like the margin aspect of that versus the Vanguard choice.
     
    AZGrinder
    AZGrinder
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 328
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2007 - 11:22 PM ET #94

    How bout this one  KBE
     
    25 holdings....8% turnover...top 10 make up 60% of portfolio....5.65% distribution yield...low on year 43   High 60
     
    https://finance.yahoo.com/q/hl?s=KBE
     
     
    Reply
    How bout this one  KBE
     
    25 holdings....8% turnover...top 10 make up 60% of portfolio....5.65% distribution yield...low on year 43   High 60
     
    https://finance.yahoo.com/q/hl?s=KBE
     
     
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2007 - 11:27 PM ET #95

    Nice and safe..not sure if you didnt just buy 4 stocks like mentioned (BAC, C, WFC, and maybe USB or WB) I think you could outperform that ETF, have a similar yield and much more upside.

    Riskier, but I like that more than a heavier ETF.
    Reply
    Nice and safe..not sure if you didnt just buy 4 stocks like mentioned (BAC, C, WFC, and maybe USB or WB) I think you could outperform that ETF, have a similar yield and much more upside.

    Riskier, but I like that more than a heavier ETF.
     
    Vermeer
    Vermeer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 2910
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2007 - 11:38 PM ET #96

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    Vermeer,

    I dont hold any weight to the "delivery" issue and SHO.

    Who is enforcing the regulation? And HOKU isnt in the top 5, there are much worse.



     The SEC, and I don't mean the So Everyone Cheats Conference...but I doubt anyone fears them ...and like you say, there are much worse examples.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    Vermeer,

    I dont hold any weight to the "delivery" issue and SHO.

    Who is enforcing the regulation? And HOKU isnt in the top 5, there are much worse.



     The SEC, and I don't mean the So Everyone Cheats Conference...but I doubt anyone fears them ...and like you say, there are much worse examples.

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2007 - 11:45 PM ET #97

    Vermeer,

    Nobody is enforcing..

    SHO talk has been around forever, nobody is doing a damn thing about it.


    Reply
    Vermeer,

    Nobody is enforcing..

    SHO talk has been around forever, nobody is doing a damn thing about it.


     
    Vermeer
    Vermeer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 2910
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2007 - 11:46 PM ET #98

    SEC
    Regulation SHO, under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, mandates that, if a
    clearing agent has had a fail-to-deliver position for 13 consecutive
    settlement days, that clearing agent, and the broker/dealer it clears for,
    must purchase securities to close out its fail to deliver position.
    Reply
    SEC
    Regulation SHO, under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, mandates that, if a
    clearing agent has had a fail-to-deliver position for 13 consecutive
    settlement days, that clearing agent, and the broker/dealer it clears for,
    must purchase securities to close out its fail to deliver position.
     
    AZGrinder
    AZGrinder
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 328
    Posted: Dec. 20, 2007 - 11:50 PM ET #99

    I agree ws with buying a few of the commons......looking more for grid.....
     
    What you think of monstor short positions in imb....you would think covering would have begun takin place by now.   Im sure the short sellers could lock in a nice profit to cover and move on to another opp.  Wishfull thinking by me? You think there will ever be a major squeeze or just lots of quick bumps and pullbacks and slowly work itself up into the mid teens?
    Reply
    I agree ws with buying a few of the commons......looking more for grid.....
     
    What you think of monstor short positions in imb....you would think covering would have begun takin place by now.   Im sure the short sellers could lock in a nice profit to cover and move on to another opp.  Wishfull thinking by me? You think there will ever be a major squeeze or just lots of quick bumps and pullbacks and slowly work itself up into the mid teens?
     
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Dec. 21, 2007 - 12:16 AM ET #100

    Grinder,

    The short position will only fuel IF the company makes the shorts pay.

    Unless the company puts the screws to the shorts, most people are short from much higher and will not relinquish.

    Vermeer, yeah I know the theory of SHO, but it isnt being enforced..trust me.

    The SEC is fighting a battle they CANNOT win. Who is going to track the list, who is going to force the B/D to enforce?

    I am serious, SHO is a total pony show joke. Pay it NO mind.
    Reply
    Grinder,

    The short position will only fuel IF the company makes the shorts pay.

    Unless the company puts the screws to the shorts, most people are short from much higher and will not relinquish.

    Vermeer, yeah I know the theory of SHO, but it isnt being enforced..trust me.

    The SEC is fighting a battle they CANNOT win. Who is going to track the list, who is going to force the B/D to enforce?

    I am serious, SHO is a total pony show joke. Pay it NO mind.
    All Forums | Investments
    «First Previous 123456 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,254
    • Thursday 10/01/2026 754
    • PART DEUX 210
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,106
    • Cleveland Bettors 2,601
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,206
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 12,127
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 30,010
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,844
    • We have picked a terrible time to have the stupidest president ever 30,585

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.