• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Investments

    December Stock Talk II

    «First Previous 123456 Next Last»
    boiler-room
    KOAJ
    Vermeer
    wallstreetcappers
    $$$makingmachine
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2020
    Posts: 130
    «First Previous 123456 Next Last»
     
    boiler-room
    boiler-room
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 1389
    Posted: Dec. 13, 2007 - 3:18 AM ET #26

    cant sleep,,woke up with cotton mouth,,cold water..mmmmmm 2-3 2nite,,fuckin nba,no more,,ill stick to college where i do much better,,vandy was pure luck though,,1-0 for u then wall,,,,,knicks lose again at home,,how does isiah keep his ffffiiinnn job?that little fuckin smurk he always has,,id love to punch him right in the fuckin mouth
    Reply
    cant sleep,,woke up with cotton mouth,,cold water..mmmmmm 2-3 2nite,,fuckin nba,no more,,ill stick to college where i do much better,,vandy was pure luck though,,1-0 for u then wall,,,,,knicks lose again at home,,how does isiah keep his ffffiiinnn job?that little fuckin smurk he always has,,id love to punch him right in the fuckin mouth
     
    KOAJ
    KOAJ
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 66698
    Posted: Dec. 13, 2007 - 8:52 AM ET #27

    this mornings news.....

    -banks are doubting coughing up cash for the SIV fund
    -wholesale prices are through the roof...inventories down from the other day (check one of my earlier posts in this thread)...inventories down = prices higher...now combine that with a weaker dollar and the fed cutting rates and we have super duper inflation on our doorstep....

    so the fed will be done with easing rates and probably have to hike up b/c inflation + housing mess = disaster...now add bitter election year politics and you have a huge mess that hopefully the taxpayers wont have to bail out
    Reply
    this mornings news.....

    -banks are doubting coughing up cash for the SIV fund
    -wholesale prices are through the roof...inventories down from the other day (check one of my earlier posts in this thread)...inventories down = prices higher...now combine that with a weaker dollar and the fed cutting rates and we have super duper inflation on our doorstep....

    so the fed will be done with easing rates and probably have to hike up b/c inflation + housing mess = disaster...now add bitter election year politics and you have a huge mess that hopefully the taxpayers wont have to bail out
     
    Vermeer
    Vermeer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 2910
    Posted: Dec. 13, 2007 - 9:44 AM ET #28

    Oh the taxpayers will pay for this, no doubt about it to me at all.

     The FED is like an EMT who decided to revive a hert attack victim with unfortunately a couple of  too low voltage paddles. They needed the full blast to get this patient back to consciousness, and gave him 25 watts instead.

     Now one might criticize and say that such radical action would terrify the patient, which indeed it might, but at least the patient would be conscious (Indeed, to me, the public and the street needs to get a grip on the absolutely serious condition things are in, and react accordingly...they should be scared, and very very careful) The FED plan just confused people, as the USD pricing after the initial announcement showed.

     They tried to do something the next day, but it only sent a mixed signal...and while it was better than doing nothing, not sure it is anything but a bad bake really...
    Reply
    Oh the taxpayers will pay for this, no doubt about it to me at all.

     The FED is like an EMT who decided to revive a hert attack victim with unfortunately a couple of  too low voltage paddles. They needed the full blast to get this patient back to consciousness, and gave him 25 watts instead.

     Now one might criticize and say that such radical action would terrify the patient, which indeed it might, but at least the patient would be conscious (Indeed, to me, the public and the street needs to get a grip on the absolutely serious condition things are in, and react accordingly...they should be scared, and very very careful) The FED plan just confused people, as the USD pricing after the initial announcement showed.

     They tried to do something the next day, but it only sent a mixed signal...and while it was better than doing nothing, not sure it is anything but a bad bake really...
     
    KOAJ
    KOAJ
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 66698
    Posted: Dec. 13, 2007 - 9:49 AM ET #29

    as i hear from people i talk to (professionals) every financial rally is an excuse to get shorter
    Reply
    as i hear from people i talk to (professionals) every financial rally is an excuse to get shorter
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Dec. 13, 2007 - 11:06 AM ET #30

    Grinder,

    Good to see you!

    I am ALSO still in IDMI, it has gone so low I am just going to ride it out. Trading at cash value is why I havent sold yet.

    I also bot in IMB a long time ago..losing there too. Been a tough stretch but I do have a few good trades, but many bad ones too.

    What has kept you away???
    Reply
    Grinder,

    Good to see you!

    I am ALSO still in IDMI, it has gone so low I am just going to ride it out. Trading at cash value is why I havent sold yet.

    I also bot in IMB a long time ago..losing there too. Been a tough stretch but I do have a few good trades, but many bad ones too.

    What has kept you away???
     
    Vermeer
    Vermeer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 2910
    Posted: Dec. 13, 2007 - 11:22 AM ET #31


     I see no reason to go long really either. The eseential problem has been unresolved:how much bad debt is there, and who owns it? If, as I think it was USB stated, it is "unknowable" by any entity, we are in for an extremely long period of uncertainty, and we all know what that means to any market.
    Reply

     I see no reason to go long really either. The eseential problem has been unresolved:how much bad debt is there, and who owns it? If, as I think it was USB stated, it is "unknowable" by any entity, we are in for an extremely long period of uncertainty, and we all know what that means to any market.
     
    KOAJ
    KOAJ
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 66698
    Posted: Dec. 13, 2007 - 11:39 AM ET #32

    vermeer - citadel paid 27 cents on the dollar for etrade's crap

    assume they paid low

    now when the big banks write off billions due to this...what do they assume the price can be marked to...40 cents on the dollar? 50?
    Reply
    vermeer - citadel paid 27 cents on the dollar for etrade's crap

    assume they paid low

    now when the big banks write off billions due to this...what do they assume the price can be marked to...40 cents on the dollar? 50?
     
    $$$makingmachine
    $$$makingmachine
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2002
    Posts: 18639
    Posted: Dec. 13, 2007 - 12:16 PM ET #33

    don't ever mention WCG as long as I'm alive.  As you know I got in at 24 and sold it the same day for a 1% loss LOL.  Rediculous.
    Reply
    don't ever mention WCG as long as I'm alive.  As you know I got in at 24 and sold it the same day for a 1% loss LOL.  Rediculous.
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Dec. 13, 2007 - 12:40 PM ET #34

    $$$,

    I think I had it at 22..maybe even in the 21s, then I had to go somewhere so I had a stop in and it got nailed.

    Pretty sad...
    Reply
    $$$,

    I think I had it at 22..maybe even in the 21s, then I had to go somewhere so I had a stop in and it got nailed.

    Pretty sad...
     
    boiler-room
    boiler-room
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 1389
    Posted: Dec. 13, 2007 - 12:57 PM ET #35

    still got my wcg wall,,,,
    Reply
    still got my wcg wall,,,,
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Dec. 13, 2007 - 1:36 PM ET #36

    Quote Originally Posted by boiler-room:

    still got my wcg wall,,,,


    Oh them sounds like fighting words..


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by boiler-room:

    still got my wcg wall,,,,


    Oh them sounds like fighting words..


     
    dkdaly
    dkdaly
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 2155
    Posted: Dec. 13, 2007 - 1:54 PM ET #37

    You guys should look into GLW. Should have a blowout quarter with lcd. Fiber Optics getting back to big money and their deisel emissions just starting to rock and roll. I think this price way cheap for this company...
    Reply
    You guys should look into GLW. Should have a blowout quarter with lcd. Fiber Optics getting back to big money and their deisel emissions just starting to rock and roll. I think this price way cheap for this company...
     
    AZGrinder
    AZGrinder
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 328
    Posted: Dec. 13, 2007 - 9:23 PM ET #38

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    Grinder,

    Good to see you!

    I am ALSO still in IDMI, it has gone so low I am just going to ride it out. Trading at cash value is why I havent sold yet.

    I also bot in IMB a long time ago..losing there too. Been a tough stretch but I do have a few good trades, but many bad ones too.

    What has kept you away???

    Man been away for a number of reasons but mostly I was working my ass as off as stockbroker errr I mean a customer service phone rep with a series 7 license.  Job beat the shit out of me for over a year..hated it so much started chasing in the market trying to make a big score and lost a bunch of money.  Had to work o.t. to get some back.  Finally got a much better position as of a few weeks ago with no phones.....Im in on imb now, premiums look decent on jan 7.50 so might sell calls on half of shares.   

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    Grinder,

    Good to see you!

    I am ALSO still in IDMI, it has gone so low I am just going to ride it out. Trading at cash value is why I havent sold yet.

    I also bot in IMB a long time ago..losing there too. Been a tough stretch but I do have a few good trades, but many bad ones too.

    What has kept you away???

    Man been away for a number of reasons but mostly I was working my ass as off as stockbroker errr I mean a customer service phone rep with a series 7 license.  Job beat the shit out of me for over a year..hated it so much started chasing in the market trying to make a big score and lost a bunch of money.  Had to work o.t. to get some back.  Finally got a much better position as of a few weeks ago with no phones.....Im in on imb now, premiums look decent on jan 7.50 so might sell calls on half of shares.   

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Dec. 13, 2007 - 9:29 PM ET #39

    I have a friend who worked with me at FIDO, I got out and he is still in..now with ETrade, floated around from place to place.

    Being a customer service rep sucks period..I could never do that again..the pay could be double and it would still suck.

    It could be worse though, I hear Vanguard treats its employees like total garbage.

    I would sell the 7.50s when the stock runs hard one day, which it will...but I think selling CCs will get you called out and you could miss out on bigger returns longer term.

    Working OT..yeah I know what that means..you get 1.5 time and some bonus if you work enough extra right?

    I feel for you...but what options do you have, without wealthy connections the brokerage industry just flat out sucks.
    Reply
    I have a friend who worked with me at FIDO, I got out and he is still in..now with ETrade, floated around from place to place.

    Being a customer service rep sucks period..I could never do that again..the pay could be double and it would still suck.

    It could be worse though, I hear Vanguard treats its employees like total garbage.

    I would sell the 7.50s when the stock runs hard one day, which it will...but I think selling CCs will get you called out and you could miss out on bigger returns longer term.

    Working OT..yeah I know what that means..you get 1.5 time and some bonus if you work enough extra right?

    I feel for you...but what options do you have, without wealthy connections the brokerage industry just flat out sucks.
     
    Vermeer
    Vermeer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 2910
    Posted: Dec. 13, 2007 - 9:31 PM ET #40

    Quote Originally Posted by KOAJ:

    vermeer - citadel paid 27 cents on the dollar for etrade's crap

    assume they paid low

    now when the big banks write off billions due to this...what do they assume the price can be marked to...40 cents on the dollar? 50?


      I do not know, but were I the Fed, the Treasury, and more than a few central banks, I would have a very very strong reason to determine it ASAP, if it can be determined. Let us think that, with enough (impartial) auditors/analysts, a reasonably close guess could be made...it would behoove them to do so.It would have been smart to at least attempt to gather a serious group together in such an effort, months ago.

     Now if it literally cannot even be guesstimated, one can just simply count of continued turmoil, and really serious recessionary conditions, and you can call Jimmy Carter to come run the country again, so he can explain again how stagflation is simply a collective "malaise."
     

     
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by KOAJ:

    vermeer - citadel paid 27 cents on the dollar for etrade's crap

    assume they paid low

    now when the big banks write off billions due to this...what do they assume the price can be marked to...40 cents on the dollar? 50?


      I do not know, but were I the Fed, the Treasury, and more than a few central banks, I would have a very very strong reason to determine it ASAP, if it can be determined. Let us think that, with enough (impartial) auditors/analysts, a reasonably close guess could be made...it would behoove them to do so.It would have been smart to at least attempt to gather a serious group together in such an effort, months ago.

     Now if it literally cannot even be guesstimated, one can just simply count of continued turmoil, and really serious recessionary conditions, and you can call Jimmy Carter to come run the country again, so he can explain again how stagflation is simply a collective "malaise."
     

     
     
    AZGrinder
    AZGrinder
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 328
    Posted: Dec. 14, 2007 - 12:20 AM ET #41

    Fellow broker couldn't handle it and took a job at vanguard.  You would not believe the shit salary he accepted....guess it keeps the expense ratios low.  On the other hand usaa is apparently pretty aggressive with their salary offers...
     
    Still watching the bio and such...DNDN and NBIX pretty interesting to watch today...gave me POZN and ENCY memories...  Looking at some VIX options too on the put side.  Hate to admit it but still look at some way out of the money calls occasionally-- even though I always lose.  Namely FSLR...kind of like a lotto ticket.
    Reply
    Fellow broker couldn't handle it and took a job at vanguard.  You would not believe the shit salary he accepted....guess it keeps the expense ratios low.  On the other hand usaa is apparently pretty aggressive with their salary offers...
     
    Still watching the bio and such...DNDN and NBIX pretty interesting to watch today...gave me POZN and ENCY memories...  Looking at some VIX options too on the put side.  Hate to admit it but still look at some way out of the money calls occasionally-- even though I always lose.  Namely FSLR...kind of like a lotto ticket.
     
    Vermeer
    Vermeer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 2910
    Posted: Dec. 14, 2007 - 6:50 AM ET #42

    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    I have a friend who worked with me at FIDO, I got out and he is still in..now with ETrade, floated around from place to place.

    Being a customer service rep sucks period..I could never do that again..the pay could be double and it would still suck.

    It could be worse though, I hear Vanguard treats its employees like total garbage.

    I would sell the 7.50s when the stock runs hard one day, which it will...but I think selling CCs will get you called out and you could miss out on bigger returns longer term.

    Working OT..yeah I know what that means..you get 1.5 time and some bonus if you work enough extra right?

    I feel for you...but what options do you have, without wealthy connections the brokerage industry just flat out sucks.


      Amen to that last sentence WSC, I saw it all play out...nothing sounds like it has changed except I am sure the reptiles at the top are even worse...
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by wallstreetcappers:

    I have a friend who worked with me at FIDO, I got out and he is still in..now with ETrade, floated around from place to place.

    Being a customer service rep sucks period..I could never do that again..the pay could be double and it would still suck.

    It could be worse though, I hear Vanguard treats its employees like total garbage.

    I would sell the 7.50s when the stock runs hard one day, which it will...but I think selling CCs will get you called out and you could miss out on bigger returns longer term.

    Working OT..yeah I know what that means..you get 1.5 time and some bonus if you work enough extra right?

    I feel for you...but what options do you have, without wealthy connections the brokerage industry just flat out sucks.


      Amen to that last sentence WSC, I saw it all play out...nothing sounds like it has changed except I am sure the reptiles at the top are even worse...
     
    depeche2
    depeche2
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2002
    Posts: 67006
    Posted: Dec. 14, 2007 - 10:48 AM ET #43

    Who was the person interested in FuelCell Energy (FCEL).  A standout lately.  Finally breaking out.
    Reply
    Who was the person interested in FuelCell Energy (FCEL).  A standout lately.  Finally breaking out.
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Dec. 14, 2007 - 11:00 AM ET #44

    Vermeer,

    Yep..thats how it has always been. The brokerage industry is all about getting money and very little to do with any assistance to the investor.

    Sounds rough but that is really the case.

    DNDN has been moving on this case thing lately which I think is a crock to be honest..I dont buy it and I dont think they get what they want. PLUS and this bothers me the most, but Provenge isnt a cancer vaccine as many think and as many say on tv..Provenge extends life of those with severe cancer conditions..it is an immune system booster and nothing else, but people claim cancer help and it just isnt true. The real market for Provenge isnt that great..let them run it up..I would love another chance to short this myth of a stock.

    Grinder, FSLR seems worthy of a lotto ticket purchase..on any strong dips of a few days i would go out and get some Jan calls..but on dips..  
    Reply
    Vermeer,

    Yep..thats how it has always been. The brokerage industry is all about getting money and very little to do with any assistance to the investor.

    Sounds rough but that is really the case.

    DNDN has been moving on this case thing lately which I think is a crock to be honest..I dont buy it and I dont think they get what they want. PLUS and this bothers me the most, but Provenge isnt a cancer vaccine as many think and as many say on tv..Provenge extends life of those with severe cancer conditions..it is an immune system booster and nothing else, but people claim cancer help and it just isnt true. The real market for Provenge isnt that great..let them run it up..I would love another chance to short this myth of a stock.

    Grinder, FSLR seems worthy of a lotto ticket purchase..on any strong dips of a few days i would go out and get some Jan calls..but on dips..  
     
    buddywright
    buddywright
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 5888
    Posted: Dec. 14, 2007 - 8:09 PM ET #45

    I'm not as knowledgeable as you dudes but I'm shorting the pound in the currency option's as of Friday morning (Dec.14th) what do you gurus think?
     
    Buddy
    Reply
    I'm not as knowledgeable as you dudes but I'm shorting the pound in the currency option's as of Friday morning (Dec.14th) what do you gurus think?
     
    Buddy
     
    Gridophiles
    Gridophiles
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 477
    Posted: Dec. 14, 2007 - 9:07 PM ET #46

    WSC,
     
    I think you picked up some HLIT a while back.  I added it to my watchlist, but never went any further with it.  It's pulled back under $10 and was wondering if your still holding and/or if it's still worth a look.  Technically it's got some issues against the 50/200 moving averages.
     
    Totally forgot about the App State game tonight......damn it.
     
    Reply
    WSC,
     
    I think you picked up some HLIT a while back.  I added it to my watchlist, but never went any further with it.  It's pulled back under $10 and was wondering if your still holding and/or if it's still worth a look.  Technically it's got some issues against the 50/200 moving averages.
     
    Totally forgot about the App State game tonight......damn it.
     
     
    Vermeer
    Vermeer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 2910
    Posted: Dec. 14, 2007 - 9:42 PM ET #47

    Alas, Lenny Dykstra's name appears in the Mitchell Report. I hope he has some good roids to get him through this market!!

     As for the pound, I have absolutely no clue, but would like to hear your reasoning behind shorting it Buddy. I have been bearish on the USD all year, and have not really thought a great deal about the pound.

     I have a bad, very bad feeling for 2008. But, that said, I think I will take a taste of Eagle Rare Single Barrel bourbon, and warm up..Cheers!!
    Reply
    Alas, Lenny Dykstra's name appears in the Mitchell Report. I hope he has some good roids to get him through this market!!

     As for the pound, I have absolutely no clue, but would like to hear your reasoning behind shorting it Buddy. I have been bearish on the USD all year, and have not really thought a great deal about the pound.

     I have a bad, very bad feeling for 2008. But, that said, I think I will take a taste of Eagle Rare Single Barrel bourbon, and warm up..Cheers!!
     
    Vermeer
    Vermeer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 2910
    Posted: Dec. 14, 2007 - 10:13 PM ET #48

    Speaking of warming, I thought I might add this little aside on global warming...2 years old. Ever wonder what is really driving the assumptions (and that is all it is) of the cause of global warming so promoted by some politicians?

    Appearing before the Commons Committee on Environment and Sustainable Development last year, Carleton University paleoclimatologist Professor Tim Patterson testified, "There is no meaningful correlation between CO2 levels and Earth's temperature over this [geologic] time frame. In fact, when CO2 levels were over ten times higher than they are now, about 450 million years ago, the planet was in the depths of the absolute coldest period in the last half billion years." Patterson asked the committee, "On the basis of this evidence, how could anyone still believe that the recent relatively small increase in CO2 levels would be the major cause of the past century's modest warming?"

    Patterson concluded his testimony by explaining what his research and "hundreds of other studies" reveal: on all time scales, there is very good correlation between Earth's temperature and natural celestial phenomena such changes in the brightness of the Sun.


    Reply
    Speaking of warming, I thought I might add this little aside on global warming...2 years old. Ever wonder what is really driving the assumptions (and that is all it is) of the cause of global warming so promoted by some politicians?

    Appearing before the Commons Committee on Environment and Sustainable Development last year, Carleton University paleoclimatologist Professor Tim Patterson testified, "There is no meaningful correlation between CO2 levels and Earth's temperature over this [geologic] time frame. In fact, when CO2 levels were over ten times higher than they are now, about 450 million years ago, the planet was in the depths of the absolute coldest period in the last half billion years." Patterson asked the committee, "On the basis of this evidence, how could anyone still believe that the recent relatively small increase in CO2 levels would be the major cause of the past century's modest warming?"

    Patterson concluded his testimony by explaining what his research and "hundreds of other studies" reveal: on all time scales, there is very good correlation between Earth's temperature and natural celestial phenomena such changes in the brightness of the Sun.


     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Dec. 14, 2007 - 11:37 PM ET #49

    Grid,

    Man I forget that people actually watch what I buy and sell..haha

    I bot the HLIT at 9.99 or somthing wacko, I sold it at 10.75, it was battering against resistance and it just wasnt impressing me at all..so I took a small gain and went on.

    Another thing that bothered me was DISH and Comcast said some really bad stuff about growth, plus the housing issues..and HLIT makes some of the GUTS of cable boxes and sat boxes..and I have been in and out of this stock for 7 plus yrs and I know when the cable industry slows it hits the equipment makers hard and I think CSCO will be able to take the hit pricing wise if things slow and take contracts from HLIT (CSCO bot the largest set top box maker last year, Scientific Atlanta) so HLIT could be vulnerable.

    That said, it would be an OK buy right here..this area and have a 40 cent stop on it..see how it goes. I would take a profit though if I had it..
    Reply
    Grid,

    Man I forget that people actually watch what I buy and sell..haha

    I bot the HLIT at 9.99 or somthing wacko, I sold it at 10.75, it was battering against resistance and it just wasnt impressing me at all..so I took a small gain and went on.

    Another thing that bothered me was DISH and Comcast said some really bad stuff about growth, plus the housing issues..and HLIT makes some of the GUTS of cable boxes and sat boxes..and I have been in and out of this stock for 7 plus yrs and I know when the cable industry slows it hits the equipment makers hard and I think CSCO will be able to take the hit pricing wise if things slow and take contracts from HLIT (CSCO bot the largest set top box maker last year, Scientific Atlanta) so HLIT could be vulnerable.

    That said, it would be an OK buy right here..this area and have a 40 cent stop on it..see how it goes. I would take a profit though if I had it..
     
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Dec. 14, 2007 - 11:44 PM ET #50

    Buddy,

    I know you couldnt give two shits about my opinion so I will keep it brief.

    If you have a long enough time horizon, that wager against the pound sounds fine..that or the Euro, I might lean towards the Euro. I had a client who went long the Euro and it took almost 4 yrs to work out..so if you are ok to add funds in case of margin calls you will make out on that trade at some point for sure.
    Reply
    Buddy,

    I know you couldnt give two shits about my opinion so I will keep it brief.

    If you have a long enough time horizon, that wager against the pound sounds fine..that or the Euro, I might lean towards the Euro. I had a client who went long the Euro and it took almost 4 yrs to work out..so if you are ok to add funds in case of margin calls you will make out on that trade at some point for sure.
    All Forums | Investments
    «First Previous 123456 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,254
    • Thursday 10/01/2026 754
    • PART DEUX 210
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,106
    • Cleveland Bettors 2,601
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,206
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 12,127
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 30,010
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,844
    • We have picked a terrible time to have the stupidest president ever 30,585

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.