• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Investments

    December Stock Talk II

    «First Previous 123456 Next Last»
    Gridophiles
    Vermeer
    wallstreetcappers
    LeRinkRat
    claycourtlesson
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2020
    Posts: 130
    «First Previous 123456 Next Last»
     
    Gridophiles
    Gridophiles
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 477
    Posted: Dec. 15, 2007 - 9:13 AM ET #51

      Took HLIT off the watchlist.  There was some good short-term support at that $10 level, but now thats broken, who knows where it will land.
     
     
    Reply
      Took HLIT off the watchlist.  There was some good short-term support at that $10 level, but now thats broken, who knows where it will land.
     
     
     
    Vermeer
    Vermeer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 2910
    Posted: Dec. 15, 2007 - 1:39 PM ET #52

    From a newsletter that has been spot on for the most part.Stagflation, ah bringing back the good old days...

    1% Growth plus 4.3% Inflation = Stagflation

    I wrote three years ago that the best end result of keeping interest rates so low for so long would be a mild stagflation, and here we are. This quarter will see 4% inflation with a probability of 1% growth, so what should the Fed do? Fight inflation with rate hikes or standing pat? Or fight a recession with rate cuts?

    If we are going into a recession, and I think we are, then that is by definition deflationary. When we have two asset bubbles bursting at the same time that is deflationary. Inflation will not be a problem in six months if we do not jump start the credit markets.

    Reply
    From a newsletter that has been spot on for the most part.Stagflation, ah bringing back the good old days...

    1% Growth plus 4.3% Inflation = Stagflation

    I wrote three years ago that the best end result of keeping interest rates so low for so long would be a mild stagflation, and here we are. This quarter will see 4% inflation with a probability of 1% growth, so what should the Fed do? Fight inflation with rate hikes or standing pat? Or fight a recession with rate cuts?

    If we are going into a recession, and I think we are, then that is by definition deflationary. When we have two asset bubbles bursting at the same time that is deflationary. Inflation will not be a problem in six months if we do not jump start the credit markets.

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Dec. 15, 2007 - 2:03 PM ET #53

    Vermeer,

    Exactly..

    The Fed took the poison pill before the last election to secure Bush getting back into office and now we will pay for the decision.

    Watch the ripple effect when the US economy starts to slow and the FED has no more ammunition..it is not going to be pretty.

    Higher rates will crush this market as it will probably prop the dollar and smash foreign investment in our markets.

    I have waited for this to happen going back a few yrs and who knows if it takes a few more, but it will happen for sure.
    Reply
    Vermeer,

    Exactly..

    The Fed took the poison pill before the last election to secure Bush getting back into office and now we will pay for the decision.

    Watch the ripple effect when the US economy starts to slow and the FED has no more ammunition..it is not going to be pretty.

    Higher rates will crush this market as it will probably prop the dollar and smash foreign investment in our markets.

    I have waited for this to happen going back a few yrs and who knows if it takes a few more, but it will happen for sure.
     
    LeRinkRat
    LeRinkRat
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2001
    Posts: 85256
    Posted: Dec. 16, 2007 - 4:42 PM ET #54

    Vermeer and Walls, QID's ANYONE?
    Reply
    Vermeer and Walls, QID's ANYONE?
     
    Vermeer
    Vermeer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 2910
    Posted: Dec. 16, 2007 - 8:31 PM ET #55


      I don't know...I wonder if there will not be some weird appreciation of that market due to window dressing.

     I did get some TWMs, but not sure how that will play out...so far I have lost $$ on it...

    Reply

      I don't know...I wonder if there will not be some weird appreciation of that market due to window dressing.

     I did get some TWMs, but not sure how that will play out...so far I have lost $$ on it...

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Dec. 16, 2007 - 9:24 PM ET #56

    Rat,

    Come April or late March..until then I am not sold on shorting the Q's just yet...
    Reply
    Rat,

    Come April or late March..until then I am not sold on shorting the Q's just yet...
     
    claycourtlesson
    claycourtlesson
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 14917
    Posted: Dec. 17, 2007 - 10:12 AM ET #57

    FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
     
    Those 500 shares short of SPY (147ish basis) are finally in the money.
     
    Never got a margin call.  Amazing, but the fees for going on the margin in the first place ain't on the house.
     
    Need the SPY to go in the shitter today, for sure.
     
    This should've been a strong, solid trade placed over time a couple of weeks ago.
     
    Damn what a f--ing aggravating 2 weeks.  Hope the horror has been lifted.
    Reply
    FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
     
    Those 500 shares short of SPY (147ish basis) are finally in the money.
     
    Never got a margin call.  Amazing, but the fees for going on the margin in the first place ain't on the house.
     
    Need the SPY to go in the shitter today, for sure.
     
    This should've been a strong, solid trade placed over time a couple of weeks ago.
     
    Damn what a f--ing aggravating 2 weeks.  Hope the horror has been lifted.
     
    claycourtlesson
    claycourtlesson
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 14917
    Posted: Dec. 17, 2007 - 10:14 AM ET #58

    Rink-
     
    Good luck on the QIDs.  I'd prefer to short the SP, though, as "tech" isn't out of favor enough for my taste.
     
    BOL, man.
    Reply
    Rink-
     
    Good luck on the QIDs.  I'd prefer to short the SP, though, as "tech" isn't out of favor enough for my taste.
     
    BOL, man.
     
    claycourtlesson
    claycourtlesson
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 14917
    Posted: Dec. 17, 2007 - 10:25 AM ET #59

    Tell you what.....
     
    FSLR is under heavy, heavy, HEAVY distribution today.
     
    Would not suggest shorting it, but I wouldn't be buying right now.
     
    This is one scary ride where you need inside info to properly game it.
    Reply
    Tell you what.....
     
    FSLR is under heavy, heavy, HEAVY distribution today.
     
    Would not suggest shorting it, but I wouldn't be buying right now.
     
    This is one scary ride where you need inside info to properly game it.
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Dec. 17, 2007 - 11:42 AM ET #60

    You are right claycourt...that stock can be in favor one day and huge distribution the next.

    Looks like I might be early but I bot some DRYS March 80 calls at 12.60, 7 contracts in total.


    Reply
    You are right claycourt...that stock can be in favor one day and huge distribution the next.

    Looks like I might be early but I bot some DRYS March 80 calls at 12.60, 7 contracts in total.


     
    claycourtlesson
    claycourtlesson
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 14917
    Posted: Dec. 17, 2007 - 11:50 AM ET #61

    WSC-
     
    How's it going, man.  Those damn 500 SPY shorts pretty much kept my sorry ass away last week.....just had nothing to offer.  Finally the goddarn thing is in the money....."should've" not taken so long, but am now hopping this whole day while hand-wringing over every uptick/downtick.
     
    I have no idea how you guys trade constantly.
     
    I was skeerit sheetless the last 2 weeks on the brink of a margin call.....had horror visions of the damn thing going to 160ish and losing 7500 stones plus margin fees.
     
    DRYS looks like it'll "eventually" re-test 70.  Don't follow it, but am hoping your March calls paint it black for you.
     
    Yeah, I just don't have the balls to short FSLR.  That seemed like a no brainer today once the manipulators made it clear early on that they weren't in the mood today to bust its shorts.  Now, it's down 12ish points, and I am sitting here looking like an a55hole for calling it and being too much of a chicken sheet to put up the money.  But you are so right......the manipulators could run this thing at any second.
     
    How in the hell can I get on the manipulator team???  That must be pretty damn nice to just move ticker symbols wherever you please!!!!!!!
     
    Cheers
    Reply
    WSC-
     
    How's it going, man.  Those damn 500 SPY shorts pretty much kept my sorry ass away last week.....just had nothing to offer.  Finally the goddarn thing is in the money....."should've" not taken so long, but am now hopping this whole day while hand-wringing over every uptick/downtick.
     
    I have no idea how you guys trade constantly.
     
    I was skeerit sheetless the last 2 weeks on the brink of a margin call.....had horror visions of the damn thing going to 160ish and losing 7500 stones plus margin fees.
     
    DRYS looks like it'll "eventually" re-test 70.  Don't follow it, but am hoping your March calls paint it black for you.
     
    Yeah, I just don't have the balls to short FSLR.  That seemed like a no brainer today once the manipulators made it clear early on that they weren't in the mood today to bust its shorts.  Now, it's down 12ish points, and I am sitting here looking like an a55hole for calling it and being too much of a chicken sheet to put up the money.  But you are so right......the manipulators could run this thing at any second.
     
    How in the hell can I get on the manipulator team???  That must be pretty damn nice to just move ticker symbols wherever you please!!!!!!!
     
    Cheers
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Dec. 17, 2007 - 12:04 PM ET #62

    CC,

    You always have insight to offer, even if you are getting beat on the market (like myself lately)

            
    I am 60 cents underwater on my options and I havent had them an hour..hilarious.

    We were both wrong about FSLR, about 100 plus points wrong. I have been skeptical of the stock from the beginning..a big mistake I didnt hop on it when that friend mentioned it at 30 bucks.

    The only way I can trade is by feel and technicals..thats once I feel confident in the stock based on fundamentals or that the reward is worth the gamble..and then try to play it the best way possible and not let any trade get the best of you.

    So did you margin a large extend on the trade? If you went all cash on the short, then you wouldnt get a margin call anyway..if you have margin on a short position, but you bot it as a full cash trade (meaning equal to the cash you had available) if the trade goes against you, the firm just eats away at your margin, charging you margin interest...
    Reply
    CC,

    You always have insight to offer, even if you are getting beat on the market (like myself lately)

            
    I am 60 cents underwater on my options and I havent had them an hour..hilarious.

    We were both wrong about FSLR, about 100 plus points wrong. I have been skeptical of the stock from the beginning..a big mistake I didnt hop on it when that friend mentioned it at 30 bucks.

    The only way I can trade is by feel and technicals..thats once I feel confident in the stock based on fundamentals or that the reward is worth the gamble..and then try to play it the best way possible and not let any trade get the best of you.

    So did you margin a large extend on the trade? If you went all cash on the short, then you wouldnt get a margin call anyway..if you have margin on a short position, but you bot it as a full cash trade (meaning equal to the cash you had available) if the trade goes against you, the firm just eats away at your margin, charging you margin interest...
     
    claycourtlesson
    claycourtlesson
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 14917
    Posted: Dec. 17, 2007 - 12:08 PM ET #63

    Yeah, I margined a HUGE extension.  Was crazy in retrospect, but I've never been wrong when doing it in the past.
     
    I am freakin doing cartwheels and backflips today that I am in the money on this trade today.
     
    I think peeps who trade of what old fart Greenspan thinks are fools, but I am happy that old fart took the market down today.
     
    what Alan Greenspan thinks
    Reply
    Yeah, I margined a HUGE extension.  Was crazy in retrospect, but I've never been wrong when doing it in the past.
     
    I am freakin doing cartwheels and backflips today that I am in the money on this trade today.
     
    I think peeps who trade of what old fart Greenspan thinks are fools, but I am happy that old fart took the market down today.
     
    what Alan Greenspan thinks
     
    claycourtlesson
    claycourtlesson
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 14917
    Posted: Dec. 17, 2007 - 12:12 PM ET #64

    WSC-
     
    Over the "long haul," FSLR will end up in the crapper.  But if it goes to 3-400 first before back to earth, it won't shock me one bit.
     
    The manipulators could run a deadly squeeze this thing to 400 on any positive deal or news inside of 2 weeks. 
     
    I need inside info on how this thing is going to get moved.
    Reply
    WSC-
     
    Over the "long haul," FSLR will end up in the crapper.  But if it goes to 3-400 first before back to earth, it won't shock me one bit.
     
    The manipulators could run a deadly squeeze this thing to 400 on any positive deal or news inside of 2 weeks. 
     
    I need inside info on how this thing is going to get moved.
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Dec. 17, 2007 - 12:25 PM ET #65

    Yeah, FSLR could go to 300 or higher..but when I look at their business compared to others in the group I just dont see them as the winner technology wise.

    DRYS is down today because of an investment then made, I think it is a smart investment to be honest, but the market doesnt like it today.

    Greenspam got away with murder...yet since the market went up up up, everyone loved the guy.

    Not me.......  
    Reply
    Yeah, FSLR could go to 300 or higher..but when I look at their business compared to others in the group I just dont see them as the winner technology wise.

    DRYS is down today because of an investment then made, I think it is a smart investment to be honest, but the market doesnt like it today.

    Greenspam got away with murder...yet since the market went up up up, everyone loved the guy.

    Not me.......  
     
    claycourtlesson
    claycourtlesson
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 14917
    Posted: Dec. 17, 2007 - 12:28 PM ET #66

    WSC-
     
    Ever heard this riddle?
     
    Why did it take Andrea Mitchell and old fart Greenspan 10 years to tie the knot?
     
    Cause it took Mitchell 10 years to figure out what he was saying.
     
    This "godlike" status for old fart Greenspan is sickening.
    Reply
    WSC-
     
    Ever heard this riddle?
     
    Why did it take Andrea Mitchell and old fart Greenspan 10 years to tie the knot?
     
    Cause it took Mitchell 10 years to figure out what he was saying.
     
    This "godlike" status for old fart Greenspan is sickening.
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Dec. 17, 2007 - 12:59 PM ET #67

    I saw that interview with she and he and the guy seems like a total bore..why anyone would want to be married to him, well I dont get it..

    5 pts wrong on DRYS so far..geez I could have bot another 2 contracts..  

    Reply
    I saw that interview with she and he and the guy seems like a total bore..why anyone would want to be married to him, well I dont get it..

    5 pts wrong on DRYS so far..geez I could have bot another 2 contracts..  

     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Dec. 17, 2007 - 1:13 PM ET #68

    FRPT taking a dive today, WCG down 3 bucks..

    For how little the market is down broad wise, there are plenty of big losers today.  
    Reply
    FRPT taking a dive today, WCG down 3 bucks..

    For how little the market is down broad wise, there are plenty of big losers today.  
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Dec. 17, 2007 - 1:14 PM ET #69

    Holy crap I didnt see this but WCG hit 37.50 on the low and it is legit.


    Reply
    Holy crap I didnt see this but WCG hit 37.50 on the low and it is legit.


     
    LeRinkRat
    LeRinkRat
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2001
    Posts: 85256
    Posted: Dec. 17, 2007 - 1:23 PM ET #70

    QID's back over 40, highest in a month. FRPT down just over a buck. will watch and see IF it retests it's recent lows.
    Reply
    QID's back over 40, highest in a month. FRPT down just over a buck. will watch and see IF it retests it's recent lows.
     
    claycourtlesson
    claycourtlesson
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2006
    Posts: 14917
    Posted: Dec. 17, 2007 - 1:24 PM ET #71

    Yeah, DRYS could eventually retest 70ish.....at least it looks that way technically.
     
    Know nothing about WCG and FRPT, but good luck.
     
    Broad market is holding up well as far as "averages" go.  Not good for my SPY shorts.....I need carnage in its number and am not getting it.
    Reply
    Yeah, DRYS could eventually retest 70ish.....at least it looks that way technically.
     
    Know nothing about WCG and FRPT, but good luck.
     
    Broad market is holding up well as far as "averages" go.  Not good for my SPY shorts.....I need carnage in its number and am not getting it.
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Dec. 17, 2007 - 3:12 PM ET #72

    How can someone not load up on Citigroup here at 31 per share and a yield of 7%??

    Are they going under? Doubt it..will they cut the dividend? I doubt it.

    Seems like a very reasonable buy here to me.
    Reply
    How can someone not load up on Citigroup here at 31 per share and a yield of 7%??

    Are they going under? Doubt it..will they cut the dividend? I doubt it.

    Seems like a very reasonable buy here to me.
     
    Gridophiles
    Gridophiles
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 477
    Posted: Dec. 17, 2007 - 6:33 PM ET #73

    WCG:  Lots of speculation on what happened today; everything from an accidental sell to stops being set to tight.  It's down now in after hours.  I will be watching and if it dips back into the 30's, I'm probably a buyer.  I got stopped out a while back at $37.50, and would like to get back in at a reasonable valuation verses risk.
     
    Speaking of banks, I've added regional bank HBAN to my watchlist.  Currently trading near it's 52 week low and has a 7.5% dividend.  Plus, speculation of a buyout in 08 (Wells Fargo?). 
     
    Banks.  Is it to early to be buying them, probably.  Will they cut their dividends, maybe.  But to the best of our knowledge, they are trading below book, how can you not at least be looking at them. 
    Reply
    WCG:  Lots of speculation on what happened today; everything from an accidental sell to stops being set to tight.  It's down now in after hours.  I will be watching and if it dips back into the 30's, I'm probably a buyer.  I got stopped out a while back at $37.50, and would like to get back in at a reasonable valuation verses risk.
     
    Speaking of banks, I've added regional bank HBAN to my watchlist.  Currently trading near it's 52 week low and has a 7.5% dividend.  Plus, speculation of a buyout in 08 (Wells Fargo?). 
     
    Banks.  Is it to early to be buying them, probably.  Will they cut their dividends, maybe.  But to the best of our knowledge, they are trading below book, how can you not at least be looking at them. 
     
    wallstreetcappers
    wallstreetcappers
    Covers Linesmen
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2003
    Posts: 58425
    Posted: Dec. 17, 2007 - 6:43 PM ET #74

    Grid,

    The BIG guys bank wise.

    I am not afraid of owning stocks like BAC or C or WFC at these prices..longer term even if you take a hit now, the odds are sliding to your favor and I cannot see these guys dropping dividends.

    If even ONE drops dividends it will CRUSH the stock...no way they take that risk.
    Reply
    Grid,

    The BIG guys bank wise.

    I am not afraid of owning stocks like BAC or C or WFC at these prices..longer term even if you take a hit now, the odds are sliding to your favor and I cannot see these guys dropping dividends.

    If even ONE drops dividends it will CRUSH the stock...no way they take that risk.
     
     
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    JEFFMARKETCAP
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2002
    Posts: 56261
    Posted: Dec. 17, 2007 - 10:39 PM ET #75

    Bought some calls on KOng today. If the market bounces back, should run a lot higher.  But the question is, will it bounce back any time soon? 
    Reply
    Bought some calls on KOng today. If the market bounces back, should run a lot higher.  But the question is, will it bounce back any time soon? 
    All Forums | Investments
    «First Previous 123456 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,254
    • Thursday 10/01/2026 754
    • PART DEUX 210
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,106
    • Cleveland Bettors 2,601
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,206
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 12,127
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 30,010
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,844
    • We have picked a terrible time to have the stupidest president ever 30,585

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.