looks like "black friday" sale reports were pretty good considering the current economic conditions. be interesting to see how the market reacts monday with all the retail "gloom and doom" that was forecast.
looks like "black friday" sale reports were pretty good considering the current economic conditions. be interesting to see how the market reacts monday with all the retail "gloom and doom" that was forecast.
But what fundamentally has changed? Answer is nothing, which is why today is nothing but smart money sellers taking advantage of all the short covering that went on during last week's ridiculous hoopla over Citibank and auto bailout packages for overpaid and worthless executives.
The economy couldn't be worse, and what's even worse than that----is that it is going to get A LOT WORSE now that "pink slip" time is here.
Going to be one long, cold, brutal, bleak winter------and that has nothing to do with weather.
Dow 5800 is a'coming.
The Grinch is alive and kicking.
Another horrific day.
But what fundamentally has changed? Answer is nothing, which is why today is nothing but smart money sellers taking advantage of all the short covering that went on during last week's ridiculous hoopla over Citibank and auto bailout packages for overpaid and worthless executives.
The economy couldn't be worse, and what's even worse than that----is that it is going to get A LOT WORSE now that "pink slip" time is here.
Going to be one long, cold, brutal, bleak winter------and that has nothing to do with weather.
Yep.......President Elect Obama is walking into the biggest s---storm of the last 80 years.
You know, man, Vermeer, the "only" thing positive about the future is that the entire peanut gallery is gloomy and negative-------but unfortunately, the peanut gallery is right this time.
Wait until layoffs are announced for the next 4-6 weeks......going to see selling, selling, selling, and more selling------all the way to Dow 5800.
Yep.......President Elect Obama is walking into the biggest s---storm of the last 80 years.
You know, man, Vermeer, the "only" thing positive about the future is that the entire peanut gallery is gloomy and negative-------but unfortunately, the peanut gallery is right this time.
Wait until layoffs are announced for the next 4-6 weeks......going to see selling, selling, selling, and more selling------all the way to Dow 5800.
watching this mess unfold, I'm reminded of the line from "Trading Places" where Eddie Murphy says, to paraphrase, they will keep selling because Christmas is coming and they don't want to be too broke to buy gifts for the wife and kids.
I think Clay's, But what fundamentally has changed? Answer is nothing, unfortunately hits the nail square.
watching this mess unfold, I'm reminded of the line from "Trading Places" where Eddie Murphy says, to paraphrase, they will keep selling because Christmas is coming and they don't want to be too broke to buy gifts for the wife and kids.
I think Clay's, But what fundamentally has changed? Answer is nothing, unfortunately hits the nail square.
Think about all the stores at malls that are going to put up boards on their windows in a month or so. Property groups are going to feel the pinch when their clients just close up shop and leave space just sitting there.
Santa Clause ain't going to be able to save some of these idiotic retailers who peddle crap-------once the Grinch steals Christmas in 3 weeks, even the most hardcore drunks and fat person will have left the party for good.
'Bout the only retailers who'll survive financial armageddon will be the high end (cause the rich get richer no matter what and continue to spend), grocery/liquor stores (cause people need to eat and drink away their pain), and of course.......
McDonald's
and
Wal-Mart
How fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Commercial real estate is about to go caput.
Think about all the stores at malls that are going to put up boards on their windows in a month or so. Property groups are going to feel the pinch when their clients just close up shop and leave space just sitting there.
Santa Clause ain't going to be able to save some of these idiotic retailers who peddle crap-------once the Grinch steals Christmas in 3 weeks, even the most hardcore drunks and fat person will have left the party for good.
'Bout the only retailers who'll survive financial armageddon will be the high end (cause the rich get richer no matter what and continue to spend), grocery/liquor stores (cause people need to eat and drink away their pain), and of course.......
What the hell is going on? Word that we have been in recession? No shit, sherlock. Holiday shopping I think has actually been surprisingly strong, albeit lured by low prices.
What the hell is going on? Word that we have been in recession? No shit, sherlock. Holiday shopping I think has actually been surprisingly strong, albeit lured by low prices.
I figured Donald Trump was way too smart to let this crap happen to him. Guess not.
Clay, Donald Trump is a FRAUD. talk about "leveraged", it should be his middle name. best trade you could make right now is to short him for what he's ACTS LIKE he's worth and cover for what he's REALLY worth (note your Commercial real estate is about to go caput comment)
also, he's the DUMBEST of the Casino operators. he couldn't make money in GOOD times and I'm pretty sure he's sold out his AC properties. he's such a BAD operator that he could NOT get licensed in Nevada. as Lewis Black said, "Trump lost money with a CASINO? all you have to DO is turn on the lights, open the doors and GET OUT of the WAY!!!" (although Sheldon Adelson of Las Vegas Sands Corp seems to have FUCKED it UP pretty good too!!!)
I figured Donald Trump was way too smart to let this crap happen to him. Guess not.
Clay, Donald Trump is a FRAUD. talk about "leveraged", it should be his middle name. best trade you could make right now is to short him for what he's ACTS LIKE he's worth and cover for what he's REALLY worth (note your Commercial real estate is about to go caput comment)
also, he's the DUMBEST of the Casino operators. he couldn't make money in GOOD times and I'm pretty sure he's sold out his AC properties. he's such a BAD operator that he could NOT get licensed in Nevada. as Lewis Black said, "Trump lost money with a CASINO? all you have to DO is turn on the lights, open the doors and GET OUT of the WAY!!!" (although Sheldon Adelson of Las Vegas Sands Corp seems to have FUCKED it UP pretty good too!!!)
Not that I expect it to reach it, but here is something to keep in mind as far as one possible number:Myself, I see around 5500-5800, who knows, and of course I hope I am wrong.
the Crash of '29 was
just the opening act of the great bear market. All told, from its peak
in 1929, the Dow Jones Industrials Average fell 89%. Compared to the
Dow's peak in 2007, that would be tantamount to a plunge of more than
12,600 points — to a low of approximately 1500
Not that I expect it to reach it, but here is something to keep in mind as far as one possible number:Myself, I see around 5500-5800, who knows, and of course I hope I am wrong.
the Crash of '29 was
just the opening act of the great bear market. All told, from its peak
in 1929, the Dow Jones Industrials Average fell 89%. Compared to the
Dow's peak in 2007, that would be tantamount to a plunge of more than
12,600 points — to a low of approximately 1500
1500 would be a fair price to get in on the Dow, especially when you factor in the inflationary prospects from all the stupid, moronic bailout packages given to worthless, no good, crooked "executives."
A dollar today (right this second) will be worth about 40 cents in buying power in 6 years.
Say hello to 150% inflation over the next 6 years......all to save a bunch of no good crooks. And guess who's going to pick up the tab? You and I------the taxpayer.
Yep, and GM and F will get their bailout packages from the taxpayer later this week. How fabulous.
GM and F may have had the absolute worst futuristic business models in the history of man-----sorry ass companies building gas guzzling vehicles (in other words, licking the ----- of big oil for the last 35 years)---------and now they get a bailout package.
Who was the farking icehole quoted on the news today trying to say that what GM and F are about to get from the taxpayer-----"is not a bailout." Gd.
What a crock of doggie doo doo world in which we live.
1500 would be a fair price to get in on the Dow, especially when you factor in the inflationary prospects from all the stupid, moronic bailout packages given to worthless, no good, crooked "executives."
A dollar today (right this second) will be worth about 40 cents in buying power in 6 years.
Say hello to 150% inflation over the next 6 years......all to save a bunch of no good crooks. And guess who's going to pick up the tab? You and I------the taxpayer.
Yep, and GM and F will get their bailout packages from the taxpayer later this week. How fabulous.
GM and F may have had the absolute worst futuristic business models in the history of man-----sorry ass companies building gas guzzling vehicles (in other words, licking the ----- of big oil for the last 35 years)---------and now they get a bailout package.
Who was the farking icehole quoted on the news today trying to say that what GM and F are about to get from the taxpayer-----"is not a bailout." Gd.
What a crock of doggie doo doo world in which we live.
Wall I have some short term cap gains I need to take and to offset them I think I am tossing in the towel on most of what I bot of DRYS ( ie, enough to equal the gains in another short term trade). I have other losses I could choose but I am ready to pull the plug on DRYS...any thoughts?
I think world trade and the BDI will remain paralyzed and essentially dead for another year at least.
Wall I have some short term cap gains I need to take and to offset them I think I am tossing in the towel on most of what I bot of DRYS ( ie, enough to equal the gains in another short term trade). I have other losses I could choose but I am ready to pull the plug on DRYS...any thoughts?
I think world trade and the BDI will remain paralyzed and essentially dead for another year at least.
The future of the USA is as dismal as dismal could be.
Look it...........
Skyrocketing inflation a'coming due to "bailout packages" for Paulson's cronies.
Even more skyrocketing oil prices as what once was "the third world" starts demanding fossil fuels.
Skyrocketing unemployment (coming immediately) as greedy, crooked, no good executives slash payroll so they can get their "bonuses"-----for what, losing money?
Crappy vehicles that will continue to come off the assembly lines as Congress wilts and caves in to the demands for a bailout package (coming tomorrow).
If someone is NOT selling in to these mularkey "rallies," then someone needs a head examination.
Can anyone tell me ONE SINGLE REASON to be "optimistic" about the future besides the fact that the peanut gallery is registering a 100 on a negativity scale?
Oh yeah, think "Barack Obama" is going to save the day?
The future of the USA is as dismal as dismal could be.
Look it...........
Skyrocketing inflation a'coming due to "bailout packages" for Paulson's cronies.
Even more skyrocketing oil prices as what once was "the third world" starts demanding fossil fuels.
Skyrocketing unemployment (coming immediately) as greedy, crooked, no good executives slash payroll so they can get their "bonuses"-----for what, losing money?
Crappy vehicles that will continue to come off the assembly lines as Congress wilts and caves in to the demands for a bailout package (coming tomorrow).
If someone is NOT selling in to these mularkey "rallies," then someone needs a head examination.
Can anyone tell me ONE SINGLE REASON to be "optimistic" about the future besides the fact that the peanut gallery is registering a 100 on a negativity scale?
Oh yeah, think "Barack Obama" is going to save the day?
For over 35 years, the Big 3 Auto makers and Big Oil have been in bed with each other doing things that would make Jenna Jameson say, "and I thought I had problems."
And now, we taxpayers who work for a living are going to be forced to "bail out" these iceholes for creating the most horrific business models ever seen in the history of commerce.
Sickening-----like "bailing out" a bunch of Wall Street bankers.
For over 35 years, the Big 3 Auto makers and Big Oil have been in bed with each other doing things that would make Jenna Jameson say, "and I thought I had problems."
And now, we taxpayers who work for a living are going to be forced to "bail out" these iceholes for creating the most horrific business models ever seen in the history of commerce.
Sickening-----like "bailing out" a bunch of Wall Street bankers.
IMHO, I think you guys are ludicrous with your doomsday predictions. Everything seems to be functioning normal where I live and where I travel minus a slight downturn. Now if I frequented Vegas, CA, or Florida, I'm sure there is a different sentiment. Sure, it may take a while for normalcy to return to the markets, but you guys have gone a little cookoo. If any people out there have a 2-5 yr time horizon, you will make a nice pile of . Now put that in your pipe and smoke it.
IMHO, I think you guys are ludicrous with your doomsday predictions. Everything seems to be functioning normal where I live and where I travel minus a slight downturn. Now if I frequented Vegas, CA, or Florida, I'm sure there is a different sentiment. Sure, it may take a while for normalcy to return to the markets, but you guys have gone a little cookoo. If any people out there have a 2-5 yr time horizon, you will make a nice pile of . Now put that in your pipe and smoke it.