• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    What is the best US state to live in

    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»
    oldtimer246
    biglubes
    bizkilla
    LeRinkRat
    Jose_Reyes
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 5159
    Posts: 83
    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»
     
    oldtimer246
    oldtimer246
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2014
    Posts: 45
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2014 - 1:02 PM ET #26

    ummmm as i read report yopu would l;ike to live in North Dakota 

    sparselt populated almost 100% white and lowest unemployment rate in USA .

    But brutal winters you will have to endure sub freezing temps like - 40 degrees.


    Reply
    ummmm as i read report yopu would l;ike to live in North Dakota 

    sparselt populated almost 100% white and lowest unemployment rate in USA .

    But brutal winters you will have to endure sub freezing temps like - 40 degrees.


     
    biglubes
    biglubes
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2007
    Posts: 1557
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2014 - 12:13 AM ET #27

    Someone said hurricanes... Our last one was in 2005 I think with Wilma. We had like 3 days to prepare/get out of town. If hurricanes are your only natural disaster then your doing alright


    poisonous snakes? wtf? Iv'e never seen a snake in my life. This isn't the outback.

    The third world country part..I guess maybe some areas in miami but what are you doing there to begin with? Who doesn't have bad neighborhoods. 


    Reply
    Someone said hurricanes... Our last one was in 2005 I think with Wilma. We had like 3 days to prepare/get out of town. If hurricanes are your only natural disaster then your doing alright


    poisonous snakes? wtf? Iv'e never seen a snake in my life. This isn't the outback.

    The third world country part..I guess maybe some areas in miami but what are you doing there to begin with? Who doesn't have bad neighborhoods. 


     
    bizkilla
    bizkilla
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 1725
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2014 - 10:27 AM ET #28

    Quote Originally Posted by Flutiemaniac341:


    So you are an Native American?! And no, that doesn't mean white!

    Typical Floridian

    Having spent 70% of my lifetime here, I may as well be a native. But when you are on the road and there are thousands of late model Toyota's on the road being driven by the worst drivers on the planet, Haitian women, who do not abide by not only the rules but common courtesy of the roadways. Right of Way, Left lane for passing, cutting off, etc., The worst. Then they go to their jobs generally in the service sector and immediately bring the overall quality and experience down. Come visit our leading super market chain Publix and visit their deli. You will see what I mean.

    Do you have any idea the wretched scum island these people come from? They don't leave that and come here, they bring that stench with them. The horrors.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutiemaniac341:


    So you are an Native American?! And no, that doesn't mean white!

    Typical Floridian

    Having spent 70% of my lifetime here, I may as well be a native. But when you are on the road and there are thousands of late model Toyota's on the road being driven by the worst drivers on the planet, Haitian women, who do not abide by not only the rules but common courtesy of the roadways. Right of Way, Left lane for passing, cutting off, etc., The worst. Then they go to their jobs generally in the service sector and immediately bring the overall quality and experience down. Come visit our leading super market chain Publix and visit their deli. You will see what I mean.

    Do you have any idea the wretched scum island these people come from? They don't leave that and come here, they bring that stench with them. The horrors.

     
    LeRinkRat
    LeRinkRat
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2001
    Posts: 85256
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2014 - 8:31 PM ET #29

    I am almost 70 years old and have lived most of my adult life in either the NASA area of Houston, Texas or Las Vegas, Nevada with short times (2 year or less) in Pensacola (US Navy) and Daytona Beach (college), Florida along with Lansing, Michigan and Pittsburgh, PA (employment). also worked some out of both LA and SFO, California BUT wasn't a resident. used to commute out of Las Vegas to fly my trips when I was based there with the airline I worked for

    I have to say that I have enjoyed living in Las Vegas the most because of our freedom to do damn near whatever you want. gambling is legal which eppeals to me as a sports bettor and it's a "24 hour town". NO state income tax and the cost of living esp housing is relatively low. GREAT place to retire and it is excellent for singles of all ages. AND we get NO tornadoes, hurricanes or other violent weather. yes it is HOT in the summer BUT "you don't have to shovel heat" like the winter snow in Michigan or PA.

    the one detraction is we are NOT a good town for families with school aged childern because the Clark County school system STINKS and although are cost of living is still relatively low, it is no longer the "free-be" town it was when my wife and I first moved here in 1990. we used to eat out almost nightly because it was cheaper to go to a $5 buffet or get a $7 steak dinner than fix something at home BUT the stupid corporations now have food & beverage as a "profit center" in their casino-hotels and a freeking buffet is usually $15 or higher while a good sitdown dinner will run upwards of $30 or more

    still I would NOT trade it for anywhere else
    Reply
    I am almost 70 years old and have lived most of my adult life in either the NASA area of Houston, Texas or Las Vegas, Nevada with short times (2 year or less) in Pensacola (US Navy) and Daytona Beach (college), Florida along with Lansing, Michigan and Pittsburgh, PA (employment). also worked some out of both LA and SFO, California BUT wasn't a resident. used to commute out of Las Vegas to fly my trips when I was based there with the airline I worked for

    I have to say that I have enjoyed living in Las Vegas the most because of our freedom to do damn near whatever you want. gambling is legal which eppeals to me as a sports bettor and it's a "24 hour town". NO state income tax and the cost of living esp housing is relatively low. GREAT place to retire and it is excellent for singles of all ages. AND we get NO tornadoes, hurricanes or other violent weather. yes it is HOT in the summer BUT "you don't have to shovel heat" like the winter snow in Michigan or PA.

    the one detraction is we are NOT a good town for families with school aged childern because the Clark County school system STINKS and although are cost of living is still relatively low, it is no longer the "free-be" town it was when my wife and I first moved here in 1990. we used to eat out almost nightly because it was cheaper to go to a $5 buffet or get a $7 steak dinner than fix something at home BUT the stupid corporations now have food & beverage as a "profit center" in their casino-hotels and a freeking buffet is usually $15 or higher while a good sitdown dinner will run upwards of $30 or more

    still I would NOT trade it for anywhere else
     
    Jose_Reyes
    Jose_Reyes
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2010
    Posts: 20468
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2014 - 10:33 PM ET #30

    I've only lived in 3 states: NY, PA, and MD. Of those 3, I go with PA every time. Easier on the taxes. Mostly rural. Southern PA weather is hella nice, compared to upstate NY and MD. Unfortunately I'm stuck in MD for the foreseeable future. In a perfect world, I would retire in the mountains of NC. Just my 2 cents.

    college gambler: There is absolutely nothing I like about your state of NJ. I think the only people that like Jersey, are from Jersey. Nothing against you bro, you're cool as chit in my book.
    Reply
    I've only lived in 3 states: NY, PA, and MD. Of those 3, I go with PA every time. Easier on the taxes. Mostly rural. Southern PA weather is hella nice, compared to upstate NY and MD. Unfortunately I'm stuck in MD for the foreseeable future. In a perfect world, I would retire in the mountains of NC. Just my 2 cents.

    college gambler: There is absolutely nothing I like about your state of NJ. I think the only people that like Jersey, are from Jersey. Nothing against you bro, you're cool as chit in my book.
     
    Bling
    Bling
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 41476
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2014 - 10:44 PM ET #31

    Quote Originally Posted by biglubes:

    Pretty easy one here. Florida

    No state tax. Florida keys if you want to get away from it all. Everglades. Always warm/hot. Seasons in Jacksonville/Panama/Tallahassee area. 
    Clean air, water activities, night life. Both city life and country life available. Direct flights to South America/ Central America/ Caribbean and Europe. Casinos and Gambling boats. Jobs are available. I mean what am I missing? 

    The extreme heat and humidity of the summer.  Make it impossible to do most activities outside during the day.  Even going to the beach gets too hot when it is 90 and the dew point is 82.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by biglubes:

    Pretty easy one here. Florida

    No state tax. Florida keys if you want to get away from it all. Everglades. Always warm/hot. Seasons in Jacksonville/Panama/Tallahassee area. 
    Clean air, water activities, night life. Both city life and country life available. Direct flights to South America/ Central America/ Caribbean and Europe. Casinos and Gambling boats. Jobs are available. I mean what am I missing? 

    The extreme heat and humidity of the summer.  Make it impossible to do most activities outside during the day.  Even going to the beach gets too hot when it is 90 and the dew point is 82.
     
    Bling
    Bling
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 41476
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2014 - 10:50 PM ET #32

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    None of the above.

    Traveled every State except Alaska and Hawaii. 

    USA is very highly overrated IMHO.

    My favorite foreign cities are Amsterdam, Paris and Halifax.

    That said, there's no place like home. 


    Which are also highly overrated.  Lots of traffic, no parking, insanely high taxes, etc.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGoldenGoose:


    None of the above.

    Traveled every State except Alaska and Hawaii. 

    USA is very highly overrated IMHO.

    My favorite foreign cities are Amsterdam, Paris and Halifax.

    That said, there's no place like home. 


    Which are also highly overrated.  Lots of traffic, no parking, insanely high taxes, etc.
     
    Bling
    Bling
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 41476
    Posted: Jul. 10, 2014 - 10:54 PM ET #33

    Quote Originally Posted by biglubes:

    Someone said hurricanes... Our last one was in 2005 I think with Wilma. We had like 3 days to prepare/get out of town. If hurricanes are your only natural disaster then your doing alright


    poisonous snakes? wtf? Iv'e never seen a snake in my life. This isn't the outback.

    The third world country part..I guess maybe some areas in miami but what are you doing there to begin with? Who doesn't have bad neighborhoods. 


    Every single person who has actually lived in Florida has seen a snake.  And not just a small measly garden snake, but large ones too.  As a matter of fact, my dog just bit a 3 foot long, in inch in diameter one in half last week.  But not before getting bit on the mouth and leg.  The dog was dripping blood for most of the night. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by biglubes:

    Someone said hurricanes... Our last one was in 2005 I think with Wilma. We had like 3 days to prepare/get out of town. If hurricanes are your only natural disaster then your doing alright


    poisonous snakes? wtf? Iv'e never seen a snake in my life. This isn't the outback.

    The third world country part..I guess maybe some areas in miami but what are you doing there to begin with? Who doesn't have bad neighborhoods. 


    Every single person who has actually lived in Florida has seen a snake.  And not just a small measly garden snake, but large ones too.  As a matter of fact, my dog just bit a 3 foot long, in inch in diameter one in half last week.  But not before getting bit on the mouth and leg.  The dog was dripping blood for most of the night. 
     
    KennyWoo
    KennyWoo
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2005
    Posts: 2510
    Posted: Jul. 14, 2014 - 6:33 PM ET #34

    Some place with a mix of at least some of these: good weather, low unemployment, and no state income tax.  So, Washington, Texas, or Florida.

    Definitely not California, which is where I live.  This place is sinking like a stone.
    Reply
    Some place with a mix of at least some of these: good weather, low unemployment, and no state income tax.  So, Washington, Texas, or Florida.

    Definitely not California, which is where I live.  This place is sinking like a stone.
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2014 - 5:06 PM ET #35

    Quote Originally Posted by Jose_Reyes:

    I've only lived in 3 states: NY, PA, and MD. Of those 3, I go with PA every time. Easier on the taxes. Mostly rural. Southern PA weather is hella nice, compared to upstate NY and MD. Unfortunately I'm stuck in MD for the foreseeable future. In a perfect world, I would retire in the mountains of NC. Just my 2 cents.

    college gambler: There is absolutely nothing I like about your state of NJ. I think the only people that like Jersey, are from Jersey. Nothing against you bro, you're cool as chit in my book.

    you the man too no doubt..  ironically the only good thing i see about PA is it is cheap.. lol.. 

    Yea people hate Jersey for whatever reason.. besides it being expensive i don't see why ppl hate it.. the jersey shore is great and we have the second best food in country... only better food is in ny

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Jose_Reyes:

    I've only lived in 3 states: NY, PA, and MD. Of those 3, I go with PA every time. Easier on the taxes. Mostly rural. Southern PA weather is hella nice, compared to upstate NY and MD. Unfortunately I'm stuck in MD for the foreseeable future. In a perfect world, I would retire in the mountains of NC. Just my 2 cents.

    college gambler: There is absolutely nothing I like about your state of NJ. I think the only people that like Jersey, are from Jersey. Nothing against you bro, you're cool as chit in my book.

    you the man too no doubt..  ironically the only good thing i see about PA is it is cheap.. lol.. 

    Yea people hate Jersey for whatever reason.. besides it being expensive i don't see why ppl hate it.. the jersey shore is great and we have the second best food in country... only better food is in ny

     
    User592150
    User592150
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2012
    Posts: 3285
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2014 - 5:56 PM ET #36

    Post Deleted
    Reply
    Post Deleted
     
    Slobbasaurus
    Slobbasaurus
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 7150
    Posted: Jul. 15, 2014 - 6:11 PM ET #37

    Bergen County, NJ, USA  

    Being from here, it would be too hard to leave, haha.

    Other states are great to visit but there's no place like home.  You can't beat the food in neighboring Hudson County. 
    Reply
    Bergen County, NJ, USA  

    Being from here, it would be too hard to leave, haha.

    Other states are great to visit but there's no place like home.  You can't beat the food in neighboring Hudson County. 
     
    GDayMate
    GDayMate
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 2615
    Posted: Jul. 19, 2014 - 6:46 AM ET #38

    What? No-one wants to live in Hawaii?
    Reply
    What? No-one wants to live in Hawaii?
     
    joe pockets
    joe pockets
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2000
    Posts: 5508
    Posted: Jul. 19, 2014 - 1:35 PM ET #39

    The Garden state hands down, we do have few to many Jose's living here already but that said " The thing north of Jersey is Gods country". And I don't mean Staten Island!"
    Reply
    The Garden state hands down, we do have few to many Jose's living here already but that said " The thing north of Jersey is Gods country". And I don't mean Staten Island!"
     
    LeRinkRat
    LeRinkRat
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2001
    Posts: 85256
    Posted: Jul. 19, 2014 - 3:25 PM ET #40

    Quote Originally Posted by GDayMate:

    What? No-one wants to live in Hawaii?


    beautiful place and wonderful weather BUT cost of living is MURDER
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by GDayMate:

    What? No-one wants to live in Hawaii?


    beautiful place and wonderful weather BUT cost of living is MURDER
     
    Bling
    Bling
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2005
    Posts: 41476
    Posted: Jul. 19, 2014 - 3:39 PM ET #41

    Quote Originally Posted by LeRinkRat:



    beautiful place and wonderful weather BUT cost of living is MURDER
    Not to mention that everybody I knew that lived there got Island fever after a while. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by LeRinkRat:



    beautiful place and wonderful weather BUT cost of living is MURDER
    Not to mention that everybody I knew that lived there got Island fever after a while. 
     
    smarterthanyou
    smarterthanyou
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2014
    Posts: 2341
    Posted: Jul. 21, 2014 - 1:53 AM ET #42

    Wyoming.  The fewest people and a large area means you rarely run into people--including criminals and cops.
    Reply
    Wyoming.  The fewest people and a large area means you rarely run into people--including criminals and cops.
     
    Dutch1976
    Dutch1976
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2010
    Posts: 1934
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2014 - 8:40 AM ET #43

    I'd love to live somewhere near the Redwoods in Ca., but you're out in the middle of nowhere.

    Maybe Chico, a badass lil city a few hrs from the Bay area, Reno, Redwoods. 

    Reply

    I'd love to live somewhere near the Redwoods in Ca., but you're out in the middle of nowhere.

    Maybe Chico, a badass lil city a few hrs from the Bay area, Reno, Redwoods. 

     
    AimeOlvera
    AimeOlvera
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2014
    Posts: 53
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2014 - 9:26 AM ET #44

    California i guess, and just to find a cozy  little place  on the beach ocean 
    Reply
    California i guess, and just to find a cozy  little place  on the beach ocean 
     
    Rocafella
    Rocafella
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 21480
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2014 - 10:58 AM ET #45

    Quote Originally Posted by Jose_Reyes:

    I've only lived in 3 states: NY, PA, and MD. Of those 3, I go with PA every time. Easier on the taxes. Mostly rural. Southern PA weather is hella nice, compared to upstate NY and MD. Unfortunately I'm stuck in MD for the foreseeable future. In a perfect world, I would retire in the mountains of NC. Just my 2 cents.

    college gambler: There is absolutely nothing I like about your state of NJ. I think the only people that like Jersey, are from Jersey. Nothing against you bro, you're cool as chit in my book.

    I've got family in upstate NY, which is a beautiful place.  But they get absolutely hammered in the winter.  

    Spent all my life outside of Philadelphia.  Not the cheapest place to live but I've got a major city 45 mins away, mountains 2 hours north, and a beach 2 hours west.  I love living here. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Jose_Reyes:

    I've only lived in 3 states: NY, PA, and MD. Of those 3, I go with PA every time. Easier on the taxes. Mostly rural. Southern PA weather is hella nice, compared to upstate NY and MD. Unfortunately I'm stuck in MD for the foreseeable future. In a perfect world, I would retire in the mountains of NC. Just my 2 cents.

    college gambler: There is absolutely nothing I like about your state of NJ. I think the only people that like Jersey, are from Jersey. Nothing against you bro, you're cool as chit in my book.

    I've got family in upstate NY, which is a beautiful place.  But they get absolutely hammered in the winter.  

    Spent all my life outside of Philadelphia.  Not the cheapest place to live but I've got a major city 45 mins away, mountains 2 hours north, and a beach 2 hours west.  I love living here. 
     
    StevenC
    StevenC
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 700
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2014 - 12:15 PM ET #46

    Without a doubt, Michigan is the best state. You've got beautiful downtown Detroit and You've got TerroristTown USA in Dearborn.
    Reply
    Without a doubt, Michigan is the best state. You've got beautiful downtown Detroit and You've got TerroristTown USA in Dearborn.
     
    Bluefin
    Bluefin
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 8485
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2014 - 3:22 PM ET #47

    Quote Originally Posted by biglubes:

    Pretty easy one here. Florida

    No state tax. Florida keys if you want to get away from it all. Everglades. Always warm/hot. Seasons in Jacksonville/Panama/Tallahassee area. 
    Clean air, water activities, night life. Both city life and country life available. Direct flights to South America/ Central America/ Caribbean and Europe. Casinos and Gambling boats. Jobs are available. I mean what am I missing? 

    A few too many damn rednecks and the laws are archaic 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by biglubes:

    Pretty easy one here. Florida

    No state tax. Florida keys if you want to get away from it all. Everglades. Always warm/hot. Seasons in Jacksonville/Panama/Tallahassee area. 
    Clean air, water activities, night life. Both city life and country life available. Direct flights to South America/ Central America/ Caribbean and Europe. Casinos and Gambling boats. Jobs are available. I mean what am I missing? 

    A few too many damn rednecks and the laws are archaic 
     
    Bluefin
    Bluefin
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 8485
    Posted: Jul. 22, 2014 - 3:27 PM ET #48

    Washington State ranks #1 with Seattle being the most"livable"city
    Reply
    Washington State ranks #1 with Seattle being the most"livable"city
     
    GunShard
    GunShard
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 1534
    Posted: Jul. 23, 2014 - 3:28 AM ET #49

    Washington Colorado 420
    Reply
    Washington Colorado 420
     
     
    canovsp
    canovsp
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 5755
    Posted: Jul. 24, 2014 - 12:36 PM ET #50

    I didn't read all 56 posts but I wouldn't imagine Louisiana was any of them. Here is a study done by Harvard researchers listing the "Five Happiest Cities in the United States. All five of them are in Louisiana.

    https://mic.com/articles/94568/the-happiest-cities-in-america-are-all-in-one-state
    Reply
    I didn't read all 56 posts but I wouldn't imagine Louisiana was any of them. Here is a study done by Harvard researchers listing the "Five Happiest Cities in the United States. All five of them are in Louisiana.

    https://mic.com/articles/94568/the-happiest-cities-in-america-are-all-in-one-state
    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 1234 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,248
    • Thursday 10/01/2026 753
    • PART DEUX 206
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,992
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,102
    • Cleveland Bettors 2,564
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,202
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 12,116
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,934
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,843

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.