• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    What is the best US state to live in

    1234 Next Last»
    strippersnbens
    Messier-11
    biglubes
    RandyC726
    Skipbone
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 5159
    Posts: 83
    1234 Next Last»
     
    strippersnbens
    strippersnbens
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 8648
    Posted: Jun. 24, 2014 - 11:21 PM ET #1

    in your opinion and why?
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    in your opinion and why?
     
    Messier-11
    Messier-11
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 11184
    Posted: Jun. 25, 2014 - 1:08 AM ET #2

    insert home state here for most posters......



    california or new york seem like the two most logical. huge states that have huge cities and tons of wilderness as well. can do whatever you want in either. 
    Reply
    insert home state here for most posters......



    california or new york seem like the two most logical. huge states that have huge cities and tons of wilderness as well. can do whatever you want in either. 
     
    biglubes
    biglubes
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2007
    Posts: 1557
    Posted: Jun. 25, 2014 - 10:45 PM ET #3

    Pretty easy one here. Florida

    No state tax. Florida keys if you want to get away from it all. Everglades. Always warm/hot. Seasons in Jacksonville/Panama/Tallahassee area. 
    Clean air, water activities, night life. Both city life and country life available. Direct flights to South America/ Central America/ Caribbean and Europe. Casinos and Gambling boats. Jobs are available. I mean what am I missing? 

    Reply
    Pretty easy one here. Florida

    No state tax. Florida keys if you want to get away from it all. Everglades. Always warm/hot. Seasons in Jacksonville/Panama/Tallahassee area. 
    Clean air, water activities, night life. Both city life and country life available. Direct flights to South America/ Central America/ Caribbean and Europe. Casinos and Gambling boats. Jobs are available. I mean what am I missing? 

     
    RandyC726
    RandyC726
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 1545
    Posted: Jun. 26, 2014 - 2:41 AM ET #4

    Quote Originally Posted by biglubes:

    Pretty easy one here. Florida

    No state tax. Florida keys if you want to get away from it all. Everglades. Always warm/hot. Seasons in Jacksonville/Panama/Tallahassee area. 
    Clean air, water activities, night life. Both city life and country life available. Direct flights to South America/ Central America/ Caribbean and Europe. Casinos and Gambling boats. Jobs are available. I mean what am I missing? 


    You're missing the fact that people can kill you and get away with it. Casey Anthony, Zimmerman. You're also missing sinkholes and zombie attacks.

    But in all seriousness, the best perk of living in Florida is the fact Miami has the most beautiful women on this planet. It's insane how many drop dead gorgeous women there are down there. It doesn't get any better. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by biglubes:

    Pretty easy one here. Florida

    No state tax. Florida keys if you want to get away from it all. Everglades. Always warm/hot. Seasons in Jacksonville/Panama/Tallahassee area. 
    Clean air, water activities, night life. Both city life and country life available. Direct flights to South America/ Central America/ Caribbean and Europe. Casinos and Gambling boats. Jobs are available. I mean what am I missing? 


    You're missing the fact that people can kill you and get away with it. Casey Anthony, Zimmerman. You're also missing sinkholes and zombie attacks.

    But in all seriousness, the best perk of living in Florida is the fact Miami has the most beautiful women on this planet. It's insane how many drop dead gorgeous women there are down there. It doesn't get any better. 
     
    Skipbone
    Skipbone
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 6368
    Posted: Jun. 26, 2014 - 6:21 AM ET #5

    Panic
    Reply
    Panic
     
    mightiestmojo
    mightiestmojo
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2009
    Posts: 6735
    Posted: Jun. 26, 2014 - 6:26 AM ET #6

    There's no right answer. It's whatever works for you. I like visiting NY and CA to visit, beautiful girls cool cities, but as far as living there I think choosing to pay state income tax is nuts. I live in TX it's not bad but someone will say people here have guns so it's bad. I guess I don't mind guns. I grew up in CO and liked it; it's beautiful naturewise. I lived in NV for awhile and really liked it, I liked the weather 9 months were perfect (to me) and 3 months hot as hell but no humidity and also the fact that there's world class entertainment/food available very close if you want to go downtown but also you can avoid it all easily if like. Id' move back to NV and live in Henderson or Sumerlin (outside of Vegas) again. That's be my pick
    Reply
    There's no right answer. It's whatever works for you. I like visiting NY and CA to visit, beautiful girls cool cities, but as far as living there I think choosing to pay state income tax is nuts. I live in TX it's not bad but someone will say people here have guns so it's bad. I guess I don't mind guns. I grew up in CO and liked it; it's beautiful naturewise. I lived in NV for awhile and really liked it, I liked the weather 9 months were perfect (to me) and 3 months hot as hell but no humidity and also the fact that there's world class entertainment/food available very close if you want to go downtown but also you can avoid it all easily if like. Id' move back to NV and live in Henderson or Sumerlin (outside of Vegas) again. That's be my pick
     
    HutchEmAll
    HutchEmAll
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2004
    Posts: 38704
    Posted: Jun. 26, 2014 - 11:50 AM ET #7

    Quote Originally Posted by biglubes:

    Pretty easy one here. Florida

    No state tax. Florida keys if you want to get away from it all. Everglades. Always warm/hot. Seasons in Jacksonville/Panama/Tallahassee area. 
    Clean air, water activities, night life. Both city life and country life available. Direct flights to South America/ Central America/ Caribbean and Europe. Casinos and Gambling boats. Jobs are available. I mean what am I missing? 


    Snow if you love to ski. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by biglubes:

    Pretty easy one here. Florida

    No state tax. Florida keys if you want to get away from it all. Everglades. Always warm/hot. Seasons in Jacksonville/Panama/Tallahassee area. 
    Clean air, water activities, night life. Both city life and country life available. Direct flights to South America/ Central America/ Caribbean and Europe. Casinos and Gambling boats. Jobs are available. I mean what am I missing? 


    Snow if you love to ski. 
     
    reppendayay
    reppendayay
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2006
    Posts: 3594
    Posted: Jun. 26, 2014 - 12:44 PM ET #8

    California because of the weather and women
    Reply
    California because of the weather and women
     
    Crusher13
    Crusher13
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 8060
    Posted: Jun. 26, 2014 - 1:12 PM ET #9

    Quote Originally Posted by mightiestmojo:

    There's no right answer. It's whatever works for you. I like visiting NY and CA to visit, beautiful girls cool cities, but as far as living there I think choosing to pay state income tax is nuts. I live in TX it's not bad but someone will say people here have guns so it's bad. I guess I don't mind guns. I grew up in CO and liked it; it's beautiful naturewise. I lived in NV for awhile and really liked it, I liked the weather 9 months were perfect (to me) and 3 months hot as hell but no humidity and also the fact that there's world class entertainment/food available very close if you want to go downtown but also you can avoid it all easily if like. Id' move back to NV and live in Henderson or Sumerlin (outside of Vegas) again. That's be my pick


    from CO, moved to TX 24 years ago ....nice but not all the true seasons..don't thiNk I will ever tolerate snow again...definite possibility of returning soon.....but to always be able to purchase a bud when needed.. Truly, God Bless America for that one....


    Can't wait for opportunity to spend some extended time in NV once I unload my wifey and urchins.....  I prefer the Caribbean but I heard it's far more dangerous.....especially Belize
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mightiestmojo:

    There's no right answer. It's whatever works for you. I like visiting NY and CA to visit, beautiful girls cool cities, but as far as living there I think choosing to pay state income tax is nuts. I live in TX it's not bad but someone will say people here have guns so it's bad. I guess I don't mind guns. I grew up in CO and liked it; it's beautiful naturewise. I lived in NV for awhile and really liked it, I liked the weather 9 months were perfect (to me) and 3 months hot as hell but no humidity and also the fact that there's world class entertainment/food available very close if you want to go downtown but also you can avoid it all easily if like. Id' move back to NV and live in Henderson or Sumerlin (outside of Vegas) again. That's be my pick


    from CO, moved to TX 24 years ago ....nice but not all the true seasons..don't thiNk I will ever tolerate snow again...definite possibility of returning soon.....but to always be able to purchase a bud when needed.. Truly, God Bless America for that one....


    Can't wait for opportunity to spend some extended time in NV once I unload my wifey and urchins.....  I prefer the Caribbean but I heard it's far more dangerous.....especially Belize
     
    THEMUGG
    THEMUGG
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 38234
    Posted: Jun. 26, 2014 - 6:15 PM ET #10

    Quote Originally Posted by biglubes:

    Pretty easy one here. Florida

    No state tax. Florida keys if you want to get away from it all. Everglades. Always warm/hot. Seasons in Jacksonville/Panama/Tallahassee area. 
    Clean air, water activities, night life. Both city life and country life available. Direct flights to South America/ Central America/ Caribbean and Europe. Casinos and Gambling boats. Jobs are available. I mean what am I missing? 

    Humidity.......hurricanes........poisonous snakes...........


     I've only been to about half of the states in the country & there are pro's & con's with all of them. I enjoy visiting other states but I prefer the Pacific Northwest.........yes, even with the rain.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by biglubes:

    Pretty easy one here. Florida

    No state tax. Florida keys if you want to get away from it all. Everglades. Always warm/hot. Seasons in Jacksonville/Panama/Tallahassee area. 
    Clean air, water activities, night life. Both city life and country life available. Direct flights to South America/ Central America/ Caribbean and Europe. Casinos and Gambling boats. Jobs are available. I mean what am I missing? 

    Humidity.......hurricanes........poisonous snakes...........


     I've only been to about half of the states in the country & there are pro's & con's with all of them. I enjoy visiting other states but I prefer the Pacific Northwest.........yes, even with the rain.
     
    Greedybastard
    Greedybastard
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 3017
    Posted: Jun. 26, 2014 - 9:40 PM ET #11

    Colorado - Tons of those California cuties go to school at Colorado and Colorado State, we have the best beers, you can buy donuts and weed in the same shopping center, tons of scenery, and it is a 90 minute flight to Las Vegas. This state has you covered.
    Reply
    Colorado - Tons of those California cuties go to school at Colorado and Colorado State, we have the best beers, you can buy donuts and weed in the same shopping center, tons of scenery, and it is a 90 minute flight to Las Vegas. This state has you covered.
     
    Kurshka
    Kurshka
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 19156
    Posted: Jun. 26, 2014 - 10:23 PM ET #12

    I think a better question would be best city. I could name at least five in California. Top two would be San Diego or San Francisco. 
    Reply
    I think a better question would be best city. I could name at least five in California. Top two would be San Diego or San Francisco. 
     
    Crusher13
    Crusher13
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 8060
    Posted: Jun. 26, 2014 - 10:59 PM ET #13

    Lake Tahoe.. Without a doubt..one of the very best 
    Reply
    Lake Tahoe.. Without a doubt..one of the very best 
     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jun. 26, 2014 - 11:14 PM ET #14

    Florida is awesome. It's

    Flat as a pancake.

    Corrupt.

    Hot and humid as chit.

    Borderline 3rd world.

    Absolutely nothing to do other than drink and go to the beach. (South beach is 100% hom, m osexual).

    Non English speaking.

    Obscene traffic.

     

    Reply

    Florida is awesome. It's

    Flat as a pancake.

    Corrupt.

    Hot and humid as chit.

    Borderline 3rd world.

    Absolutely nothing to do other than drink and go to the beach. (South beach is 100% hom, m osexual).

    Non English speaking.

    Obscene traffic.

     

     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jun. 26, 2014 - 11:18 PM ET #15

    Net income would help the decision process.

    No matter what, West coast for me. Washington State or California.

    Reply

    Net income would help the decision process.

    No matter what, West coast for me. Washington State or California.

     
    searchwarrant
    searchwarrant
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2003
    Posts: 71024
    Posted: Jun. 26, 2014 - 11:23 PM ET #16

    Quote Originally Posted by Crusher13:

    Lake Tahoe.. Without a doubt..one of the very best 

    Dude he's asking for a city not a 2 star ski resort with a 30 degree lake and a population of hairy people.

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Crusher13:

    Lake Tahoe.. Without a doubt..one of the very best 

    Dude he's asking for a city not a 2 star ski resort with a 30 degree lake and a population of hairy people.

     

     
    Kurshka
    Kurshka
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 19156
    Posted: Jun. 26, 2014 - 11:38 PM ET #17

    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    Florida is awesome. It's

    Flat as a pancake.

    Corrupt.

    Hot and humid as chit.

    Borderline 3rd world.

    Absolutely nothing to do other than drink and go to the beach. (South beach is 100% hom, m osexual).

    Non English speaking.

    Obscene traffic.

     





    I think any city in Colorado will be on some lists.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by searchwarrant:

    Florida is awesome. It's

    Flat as a pancake.

    Corrupt.

    Hot and humid as chit.

    Borderline 3rd world.

    Absolutely nothing to do other than drink and go to the beach. (South beach is 100% hom, m osexual).

    Non English speaking.

    Obscene traffic.

     





    I think any city in Colorado will be on some lists.
     
    bizkilla
    bizkilla
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2012
    Posts: 1725
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2014 - 12:09 AM ET #18

    I've lived in mostly Florida so I don't have much to compare to but I don't have many complaints. We get a bad rep but in reality life is great. Amazing weather. Watching NFL playoff games and seeing these schmucks in Green Bay freezing their a zzz off is comical. We got all major sports in south FL, access to fresh seafood, no state tax, plenty of wome, and much more. 

    Don't give me crap about humidity. We are always generally in controlled environments. From home to car to establishment like work or some other building, always air conditioned. 

    Our worst problem are immigrants and the fact they don't meet our standard or what's acceptable but rather bring their 3rd world mentality and expect us to conform. The Haitian people are among the worst. The older generation is more proper and generally hard working, following the traditional model of conformity. But it seems as most are lowering the standard.
    Reply
    I've lived in mostly Florida so I don't have much to compare to but I don't have many complaints. We get a bad rep but in reality life is great. Amazing weather. Watching NFL playoff games and seeing these schmucks in Green Bay freezing their a zzz off is comical. We got all major sports in south FL, access to fresh seafood, no state tax, plenty of wome, and much more. 

    Don't give me crap about humidity. We are always generally in controlled environments. From home to car to establishment like work or some other building, always air conditioned. 

    Our worst problem are immigrants and the fact they don't meet our standard or what's acceptable but rather bring their 3rd world mentality and expect us to conform. The Haitian people are among the worst. The older generation is more proper and generally hard working, following the traditional model of conformity. But it seems as most are lowering the standard.
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2014 - 12:17 AM ET #19


    None of the above.

    Traveled every State except Alaska and Hawaii. 

    USA is very highly overrated IMHO.

    My favorite foreign cities are Amsterdam, Paris and Halifax.

    That said, there's no place like home. 


    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    None of the above.

    Traveled every State except Alaska and Hawaii. 

    USA is very highly overrated IMHO.

    My favorite foreign cities are Amsterdam, Paris and Halifax.

    That said, there's no place like home. 


     
    Kurshka
    Kurshka
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 19156
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2014 - 12:25 AM ET #20

    I enjoyed Paris but thought it was over priced and the people snobby if your a yank without much money. After Paris we drove to Nice and the complete opposite, we met a couple of gals and they showed us around. Same as Edinburgh. I guess if you can hook up with some locals it sure helps.
    Reply
    I enjoyed Paris but thought it was over priced and the people snobby if your a yank without much money. After Paris we drove to Nice and the complete opposite, we met a couple of gals and they showed us around. Same as Edinburgh. I guess if you can hook up with some locals it sure helps.
     
    Kurshka
    Kurshka
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 19156
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2014 - 12:32 AM ET #21

    Hey Goose bud, I understand two but why Halifax. I forgot to mention walking the Red Light district in Paris is unreal. Same with Amsterdam, only difference is in Amsterdam they are in the windows like at a mall. Breathtaking.
    Reply
    Hey Goose bud, I understand two but why Halifax. I forgot to mention walking the Red Light district in Paris is unreal. Same with Amsterdam, only difference is in Amsterdam they are in the windows like at a mall. Breathtaking.
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2014 - 12:42 AM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurshka:

    Hey Goose bud, I understand two but why Halifax. I forgot to mention walking the Red Light district in Paris is unreal. Same with Amsterdam, only difference is in Amsterdam they are in the windows like at a mall. Breathtaking.


    Halifax is a very historic city.  Night Clubs are top shelf.
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurshka:

    Hey Goose bud, I understand two but why Halifax. I forgot to mention walking the Red Light district in Paris is unreal. Same with Amsterdam, only difference is in Amsterdam they are in the windows like at a mall. Breathtaking.


    Halifax is a very historic city.  Night Clubs are top shelf.
     
    thorpe
    thorpe
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 12927
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2014 - 9:49 AM ET #23

    If you are not a hick or a hippy, and you have enough money, then most would choose CA or NY.
    Reply
    If you are not a hick or a hippy, and you have enough money, then most would choose CA or NY.
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2014 - 10:11 AM ET #24

    I love Jersey.. born and raised here..  U get every season here..  You can go Skiing, go to the shore etc..  I think ppl appreciate and enjoy the shore so much because our winters are so brutal.

    I also went to Univ of Alabama for 4.5 years...  Enjoyed my time down there..  State like Alabama gets a bad rep but the weather is awesome there in the winter.. out by the pool in March in 90 degree weather..   Enjoyed my time in Alabama for sure and it'r ironic i like both states considering they are about as different of two states as u could find in the country.

    People probably will hate on both these states but I think most will admit the best food in the country is in NY/NJ for sure.. Amazing italian..  i will say the food in Alabama is horiffic. Can't even find pizzeria's or a decent plate of pasta.. 

    I did enjoy some southern food like biscuits and gravy tho for breakfast.. and black eyed peas were solid  

    Reply

    I love Jersey.. born and raised here..  U get every season here..  You can go Skiing, go to the shore etc..  I think ppl appreciate and enjoy the shore so much because our winters are so brutal.

    I also went to Univ of Alabama for 4.5 years...  Enjoyed my time down there..  State like Alabama gets a bad rep but the weather is awesome there in the winter.. out by the pool in March in 90 degree weather..   Enjoyed my time in Alabama for sure and it'r ironic i like both states considering they are about as different of two states as u could find in the country.

    People probably will hate on both these states but I think most will admit the best food in the country is in NY/NJ for sure.. Amazing italian..  i will say the food in Alabama is horiffic. Can't even find pizzeria's or a decent plate of pasta.. 

    I did enjoy some southern food like biscuits and gravy tho for breakfast.. and black eyed peas were solid  

     
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Jun. 27, 2014 - 10:15 AM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    I love Jersey.. born and raised here..  U get every season here..  You can go Skiing, go to the shore etc..  I think ppl appreciate and enjoy the shore so much because our winters are so brutal.

    I also went to Univ of Alabama for 4.5 years...  Enjoyed my time down there..  State like Alabama gets a bad rep but the weather is awesome there in the winter.. out by the pool in March in 90 degree weather..   Enjoyed my time in Alabama for sure and it'r ironic i like both states considering they are about as different of two states as u could find in the country.

    People probably will hate on both these states but I think most will admit the best food in the country is in NY/NJ for sure.. Amazing italian..  i will say the food in Alabama is horiffic. Can't even find pizzeria's or a decent plate of pasta.. 

    I did enjoy some southern food like biscuits and gravy tho for breakfast.. and black eyed peas were solid  

    NJ and Alabama also have beaches which so many states arn't fortunate to have.   Jersey shore gets a bad rep but certain towns like Avalon, and Stone Harbor for instance are really nice.

    Orange Beach is the only beach town i been to in Bama and it was really nice and quiet..  enjoyed a relaxing weekend there

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    I love Jersey.. born and raised here..  U get every season here..  You can go Skiing, go to the shore etc..  I think ppl appreciate and enjoy the shore so much because our winters are so brutal.

    I also went to Univ of Alabama for 4.5 years...  Enjoyed my time down there..  State like Alabama gets a bad rep but the weather is awesome there in the winter.. out by the pool in March in 90 degree weather..   Enjoyed my time in Alabama for sure and it'r ironic i like both states considering they are about as different of two states as u could find in the country.

    People probably will hate on both these states but I think most will admit the best food in the country is in NY/NJ for sure.. Amazing italian..  i will say the food in Alabama is horiffic. Can't even find pizzeria's or a decent plate of pasta.. 

    I did enjoy some southern food like biscuits and gravy tho for breakfast.. and black eyed peas were solid  

    NJ and Alabama also have beaches which so many states arn't fortunate to have.   Jersey shore gets a bad rep but certain towns like Avalon, and Stone Harbor for instance are really nice.

    Orange Beach is the only beach town i been to in Bama and it was really nice and quiet..  enjoyed a relaxing weekend there

    All Forums | General Discussion
    1234 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 456,248
    • Thursday 10/01/2026 753
    • PART DEUX 206
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,992
    • Steelers vs Browns in-game live TNF 2,102
    • Cleveland Bettors 2,564
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 103,202
    • The MLB Playoffs are here. 12,116
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 29,932
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,843

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.