• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Thoughts That Come To You

    «First Previous 131415 ... 212223 Next Last»
    Midnight1
    Daddy_Freddie
    StumpTownStu
    iqra
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2296
    Posts: 571
    «First Previous 131415 ... 212223 Next Last»
     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Feb. 15, 2025 - 5:07 PM ET #301

    Saturday night is rerunning their first ever show with George Carlin as the Host & Billy Preston as the musical guest.

    Should bring back some great memories from 1975.

    Ha, I bet some of ya'll weren't even born yet.

    an_cheers

    Reply

    Saturday night is rerunning their first ever show with George Carlin as the Host & Billy Preston as the musical guest.

    Should bring back some great memories from 1975.

    Ha, I bet some of ya'll weren't even born yet.

    an_cheers

     
    Daddy_Freddie
    Daddy_Freddie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 1916
    Posted: Feb. 15, 2025 - 5:38 PM ET #302

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    Saturday night is rerunning their first ever show with George Carlin as the Host & Billy Preston as the musical guest. Should bring back some great memories from 1975. Ha, I bet some of ya'll weren't even born yet.
    At that time I was ten years old and witness to one of the GREATEST World Series matches of all time with the Cincinnati Reds and the Boston Red Sox.

     

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    Saturday night is rerunning their first ever show with George Carlin as the Host & Billy Preston as the musical guest. Should bring back some great memories from 1975. Ha, I bet some of ya'll weren't even born yet.
    At that time I was ten years old and witness to one of the GREATEST World Series matches of all time with the Cincinnati Reds and the Boston Red Sox.

     

     

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Feb. 16, 2025 - 8:51 AM ET #303

    As I sit in the airport dicking around on my phone and drinking my overpriced latte I watch as tye Muslim family near me finds east and take turns praying. And it's quite heartwarming. And I realize, you know, i'm really not a bigot afterall. I just play one on TV. I think my wife would be pleased. I can seee in her eyes sometimes that she's wondering where jokes stop and real sentiment starts.

    Islam is rapidly closing in on Christianity as the largest religion in the world. And most Muslims I have met/known have been some of the warmest, most wonderful people. We really shouldn't just 2 billion people by the actions of their worst representation.

    Now the tribe? And no, i'm not talking Cherokees. I am not a fan of the tribe. My best friend chose to start a family with a member. I love his lady dearly, and my Godson's as if they were my own. So I obviously I have had to reconcile certain feelings. They don't make it easy though. So maybe I am just a little bit of a bigot. I know there are people who feel the same way about black people. Like, "Man, I want to like them...but they don't make it easy sometimes."

    This latte is kinda meh. I usually fly out of this airport from a different terminal and get my coffee from a different place.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    As I sit in the airport dicking around on my phone and drinking my overpriced latte I watch as tye Muslim family near me finds east and take turns praying. And it's quite heartwarming. And I realize, you know, i'm really not a bigot afterall. I just play one on TV. I think my wife would be pleased. I can seee in her eyes sometimes that she's wondering where jokes stop and real sentiment starts.

    Islam is rapidly closing in on Christianity as the largest religion in the world. And most Muslims I have met/known have been some of the warmest, most wonderful people. We really shouldn't just 2 billion people by the actions of their worst representation.

    Now the tribe? And no, i'm not talking Cherokees. I am not a fan of the tribe. My best friend chose to start a family with a member. I love his lady dearly, and my Godson's as if they were my own. So I obviously I have had to reconcile certain feelings. They don't make it easy though. So maybe I am just a little bit of a bigot. I know there are people who feel the same way about black people. Like, "Man, I want to like them...but they don't make it easy sometimes."

    This latte is kinda meh. I usually fly out of this airport from a different terminal and get my coffee from a different place.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Feb. 16, 2025 - 12:31 PM ET #304

    @StumpTownStu

     I hated leaving my family on a Sunday to travel for business but it's certainly easier than on a Monday morning. You can get settled in at your hotel & get some of the local cuisine.

    Enjoy a cocktail & hopefully meet someone at the hotel bar & have a normal conversation which isn't so easy anymore.

    Have a safe trip & get back to your bride brother.

    peace_5

    Reply

    @StumpTownStu

     I hated leaving my family on a Sunday to travel for business but it's certainly easier than on a Monday morning. You can get settled in at your hotel & get some of the local cuisine.

    Enjoy a cocktail & hopefully meet someone at the hotel bar & have a normal conversation which isn't so easy anymore.

    Have a safe trip & get back to your bride brother.

    peace_5

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Feb. 16, 2025 - 2:18 PM ET #305

    @Midnight1

     

     Was flying home actually. Short morning flight from SFO to PDX. And I have a place in San Fran. It's basically home too. I still sometimes take rooms when they're not an out of pocket expense but even then, i'm mostly at the pad. I prefer being in a decent neighborhood, being able to walk to get coffee in flip flops. Would never walk around in flip flops near any hotel in the city.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    @Midnight1

     

     Was flying home actually. Short morning flight from SFO to PDX. And I have a place in San Fran. It's basically home too. I still sometimes take rooms when they're not an out of pocket expense but even then, i'm mostly at the pad. I prefer being in a decent neighborhood, being able to walk to get coffee in flip flops. Would never walk around in flip flops near any hotel in the city.

     
    Daddy_Freddie
    Daddy_Freddie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 1916
    Posted: Feb. 17, 2025 - 10:42 PM ET #306

    It's interesting that all of the Presidents that are on Mt. Rushmore were from the Republican party. 

    Reply

    It's interesting that all of the Presidents that are on Mt. Rushmore were from the Republican party. 

     
    Daddy_Freddie
    Daddy_Freddie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 1916
    Posted: Feb. 19, 2025 - 8:56 PM ET #307

    I really appreciate being born in the era I was (1965) the music of the 70's was the BEST era and I'll put it up against anything. Even today when I hear the mandolin that starts this song it stops me in my tracks, and I flash back instantly! As a ten-year-old it was my first introduction to classical rock music. 

     

    Reply

    I really appreciate being born in the era I was (1965) the music of the 70's was the BEST era and I'll put it up against anything. Even today when I hear the mandolin that starts this song it stops me in my tracks, and I flash back instantly! As a ten-year-old it was my first introduction to classical rock music. 

     

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2025 - 10:51 AM ET #308

    Was planning to go fishing this morning but my brothers didn't want to go because it was a chilly 68 degrees in South Florida.

    Bwahahaha

    an_roll_laugh

    Stay warm out there everyone

     

    Reply

    Was planning to go fishing this morning but my brothers didn't want to go because it was a chilly 68 degrees in South Florida.

    Bwahahaha

    an_roll_laugh

    Stay warm out there everyone

     

     
    Daddy_Freddie
    Daddy_Freddie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 1916
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2025 - 3:08 PM ET #309

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    Was planning to go fishing this morning but my brothers didn't want to go because it was a chilly 68 degrees in South Florida. Bwahahaha Stay warm out there everyone

    I'll take 68 here in Las Vegas, Nevada EVERYDAY during the winter months. We are currently sitting at 65 and its 12:08 PM 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    Was planning to go fishing this morning but my brothers didn't want to go because it was a chilly 68 degrees in South Florida. Bwahahaha Stay warm out there everyone

    I'll take 68 here in Las Vegas, Nevada EVERYDAY during the winter months. We are currently sitting at 65 and its 12:08 PM 

     
    Daddy_Freddie
    Daddy_Freddie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 1916
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2025 - 9:58 PM ET #310

    Freeze a whole case of water bottles. Stick those in your cooler and use those for ice. Cut a piece of closed cell polyethylene foam to fit under the lid for extra thermal sealing OR put the ice bottles inside a dollar store frozen food bag. The ice in the frozen bottles will last for several days in a good cooler. You'll never buy bagged ice again if you can help it.

    Reply

    Freeze a whole case of water bottles. Stick those in your cooler and use those for ice. Cut a piece of closed cell polyethylene foam to fit under the lid for extra thermal sealing OR put the ice bottles inside a dollar store frozen food bag. The ice in the frozen bottles will last for several days in a good cooler. You'll never buy bagged ice again if you can help it.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Feb. 22, 2025 - 2:38 PM ET #311

    Got back a little while ago from lunch with my bride & saw so many out of state license plates in traffic.

    The boss said she didn't want to drive with me anymore because my reflexes aren't what they used to be.

    She told me I'm too slow with my obscene gestures to tourists.

     

     

    Reply

    Got back a little while ago from lunch with my bride & saw so many out of state license plates in traffic.

    The boss said she didn't want to drive with me anymore because my reflexes aren't what they used to be.

    She told me I'm too slow with my obscene gestures to tourists.

     

     

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Feb. 23, 2025 - 3:46 PM ET #312

    What the hell is happening to our country?

    I just read KFC is moving their corporate offices to Texas. TEXAS??????

    KFC is Kentucky!

    They are taking 100 Louisville employees with them. I gotta believe they will be getting increases since the avg income in Louisville is 43k & in Plano it's 73k.

    Business wise they are consolidating 3 headquarters under the YUM brands to two. To quite the city, they are donating a million to Louisville's College of Business.

    Damn, what's the world coming to????? 

    Reply

    What the hell is happening to our country?

    I just read KFC is moving their corporate offices to Texas. TEXAS??????

    KFC is Kentucky!

    They are taking 100 Louisville employees with them. I gotta believe they will be getting increases since the avg income in Louisville is 43k & in Plano it's 73k.

    Business wise they are consolidating 3 headquarters under the YUM brands to two. To quite the city, they are donating a million to Louisville's College of Business.

    Damn, what's the world coming to????? 

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Mar. 2, 2025 - 6:23 PM ET #313

    There's a local paper that gives all the news about surrounding cities.

    One city is replacing lifeguard stations on their beach. Any idea how much one costs???

    I was surprised to learn they were 61k a piece which I thought was a lot of money.

    But I didn't realize these stations must be built easy to take apart when a hurricane approaches. Evidently this adds to the cost because they can be dismantled quickly & safely stored.

    And I thought I knew it all! 

     

     

    Reply

    There's a local paper that gives all the news about surrounding cities.

    One city is replacing lifeguard stations on their beach. Any idea how much one costs???

    I was surprised to learn they were 61k a piece which I thought was a lot of money.

    But I didn't realize these stations must be built easy to take apart when a hurricane approaches. Evidently this adds to the cost because they can be dismantled quickly & safely stored.

    And I thought I knew it all! 

     

     

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Mar. 4, 2025 - 8:58 PM ET #314

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    What the hell is happening to our country? I just read KFC is moving their corporate offices to Texas. TEXAS?????? KFC is Kentucky! They are taking 100 Louisville employees with them. I gotta believe they will be getting increases since the avg income in Louisville is 43k & in Plano it's 73k. Business wise they are consolidating 3 headquarters under the YUM brands to two. To quite the city, they are donating a million to Louisville's College of Business. Damn, what's the world coming to?????

    KFC is trash now anyway. All YUM brand spots are garbage.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    What the hell is happening to our country? I just read KFC is moving their corporate offices to Texas. TEXAS?????? KFC is Kentucky! They are taking 100 Louisville employees with them. I gotta believe they will be getting increases since the avg income in Louisville is 43k & in Plano it's 73k. Business wise they are consolidating 3 headquarters under the YUM brands to two. To quite the city, they are donating a million to Louisville's College of Business. Damn, what's the world coming to?????

    KFC is trash now anyway. All YUM brand spots are garbage.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Mar. 4, 2025 - 9:14 PM ET #315

    @StumpTownStu

     It's not about the food quality. Can't remember the last time I was in one of their stores.

    It's about leaving their home state where they became a huge brand in the country.

     

    Reply

    @StumpTownStu

     It's not about the food quality. Can't remember the last time I was in one of their stores.

    It's about leaving their home state where they became a huge brand in the country.

     

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Mar. 4, 2025 - 11:20 PM ET #316

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    @StumpTownStu  It's not about the food quality. Can't remember the last time I was in one of their stores. It's about leaving their home state where they became a huge brand in the country.

    It's YUM, not KFC. YUM has no connection to Kentucky. Probably kept their headquarters there because KFC was the biggest brand in the portfolio but Yum was a division of Pepsi and has no association with Kentucky. It does suck in a "times, they are a changing" sort of way but that's the sign of the time. We're all getting older. Things are ever changing. Usually for the worst.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    @StumpTownStu  It's not about the food quality. Can't remember the last time I was in one of their stores. It's about leaving their home state where they became a huge brand in the country.

    It's YUM, not KFC. YUM has no connection to Kentucky. Probably kept their headquarters there because KFC was the biggest brand in the portfolio but Yum was a division of Pepsi and has no association with Kentucky. It does suck in a "times, they are a changing" sort of way but that's the sign of the time. We're all getting older. Things are ever changing. Usually for the worst.

     
    iqra
    iqra
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2025
    Posts: 3
    Posted: Mar. 11, 2025 - 5:19 AM ET #317

    It’s always fun to party with friends who pull their weight, but there’s always that one guy who conveniently “forgets” his wallet or never has cash.

     

    Thankfully, there are ways to handle people like that, and they either step up or stop getting invited.

    Reply

    It’s always fun to party with friends who pull their weight, but there’s always that one guy who conveniently “forgets” his wallet or never has cash.

     

    Thankfully, there are ways to handle people like that, and they either step up or stop getting invited.

     
    Daddy_Freddie
    Daddy_Freddie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 1916
    Posted: Mar. 15, 2025 - 7:29 PM ET #318

    Hello, Midnight, my good friend! I am checking on you to see how things are. I did not see your selections for the ponies in there this weekend. Hope all is well with you. 

    Reply

    Hello, Midnight, my good friend! I am checking on you to see how things are. I did not see your selections for the ponies in there this weekend. Hope all is well with you. 

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Mar. 21, 2025 - 11:50 PM ET #319

    @Midnight1

     Getting worried, bro. Tap in.

    peace_5

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    @Midnight1

     Getting worried, bro. Tap in.

    peace_5

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Mar. 23, 2025 - 9:58 PM ET #320

    @StumpTownStu @Daddy_Freddie

     All is good. Just gave up Covers for Lent but saw your notes & wanted to let you know everything's great. I appreciate your concern. Not to worry brothers.

    The boss gave up ice cream & it's killing her. 

    Life is good!

    an_cheers

    Reply

    @StumpTownStu @Daddy_Freddie

     All is good. Just gave up Covers for Lent but saw your notes & wanted to let you know everything's great. I appreciate your concern. Not to worry brothers.

    The boss gave up ice cream & it's killing her. 

    Life is good!

    an_cheers

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Mar. 25, 2025 - 5:51 PM ET #321

    What did the orchestra conductor name his twin daughters?

    ANSWER: ANNA1 ANNA2

    My grandson shared that with me over the weekend.

    thumbs_up  

     

    Reply

    What did the orchestra conductor name his twin daughters?

    ANSWER: ANNA1 ANNA2

    My grandson shared that with me over the weekend.

    thumbs_up  

     

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Mar. 27, 2025 - 8:19 PM ET #322

    I was teasing my wife about eating candy, especially M&M's. She told me her grandfather ate candy everyday & lived until he was 96. 

    I asked if candy was his secret to a long life & she said no, minding his own business was the secret.

    Checkmate!

     

    Reply

    I was teasing my wife about eating candy, especially M&M's. She told me her grandfather ate candy everyday & lived until he was 96. 

    I asked if candy was his secret to a long life & she said no, minding his own business was the secret.

    Checkmate!

     

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Mar. 30, 2025 - 9:47 PM ET #323

    When I first moved to South Florida I was living with a chick. I came home from work one day & she told me her gynecologist said we couldn't have sex for 6 weeks.

    I asked "what did the dentist say?"

    She replied "the dentist???"

    cool

    Reply

    When I first moved to South Florida I was living with a chick. I came home from work one day & she told me her gynecologist said we couldn't have sex for 6 weeks.

    I asked "what did the dentist say?"

    She replied "the dentist???"

    cool

     
    Daddy_Freddie
    Daddy_Freddie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 1916
    Posted: Mar. 30, 2025 - 10:11 PM ET #324

    Have you ever noticed that when a woman wears a bikini, they are 90% naked but guys will only look at the parts that are covered up! 

    Reply

    Have you ever noticed that when a woman wears a bikini, they are 90% naked but guys will only look at the parts that are covered up! 

     
     
    Daddy_Freddie
    Daddy_Freddie
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 1916
    Posted: Mar. 30, 2025 - 10:23 PM ET #325

    A man gives his wife blood to keep her alive, later they split up and the guy says that I want my blood back. Wife throws a tampon at him and says "I'll pay monthly" 

    Reply

    A man gives his wife blood to keep her alive, later they split up and the guy says that I want my blood back. Wife throws a tampon at him and says "I'll pay monthly" 

    All Forums | General Discussion
    «First Previous 131415 ... 212223 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,877
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 441
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,597
    • MLB Playoffs 16,885
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,183
    • PART DEUX 134
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,358
    • Week 6 Money 5,516
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,240
    • Wednesday 2,843

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.