• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | General Discussion

    Thoughts That Come To You

    123 ... 212223 Next Last»
    Midnight1
    spockgato
    StumpTownStu
    SteelCash
    Crusher13
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 2296
    Posts: 571
    123 ... 212223 Next Last»
     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2024 - 5:16 PM ET #1

    This weekend I visited a friend who will be dying shortly. He told me that even though he knows he won't be around very much longer, he was enjoying life more than ever. It's like he's come to terms with dying & sees the beauty in life that he took for granted.

    He mentioned how crazy people dress in NFL stadiums. He said he never really thought about it before. The passion of these fans...fanatical. Brilliant IMO!

    I won't go into anymore detail but it made me stop & think. Maybe it will do the same for you.

    an_cheers 

     

     

    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.

    This weekend I visited a friend who will be dying shortly. He told me that even though he knows he won't be around very much longer, he was enjoying life more than ever. It's like he's come to terms with dying & sees the beauty in life that he took for granted.

    He mentioned how crazy people dress in NFL stadiums. He said he never really thought about it before. The passion of these fans...fanatical. Brilliant IMO!

    I won't go into anymore detail but it made me stop & think. Maybe it will do the same for you.

    an_cheers 

     

     

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2024 - 5:40 PM ET #2

    In Southwest Miami, thieves are stealing horses off ranches, butchering & selling the meat to many of our recent illegal arrivals.

    Can't Make This Shit Up!

    Reply

    In Southwest Miami, thieves are stealing horses off ranches, butchering & selling the meat to many of our recent illegal arrivals.

    Can't Make This Shit Up!

     
    spockgato
    spockgato
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2005
    Posts: 15326
    Posted: Jan. 8, 2024 - 6:33 PM ET #3

    why do too many people wait till the last minute ? To answer the questions that they’ve asked themselves and laugh at the simpleton ? obscure and awkward wrongful ways that they looked at the world ? hook , line , and sinker in the skillet or till it’s broiled , I’ll still filet that fish even if it stinks or it’s been spoiled …..

    cuz I take what’s given in this infinite shitty sadness , and put my microscopic eye to the center line with no time for the glasses , cuz rose colored ain’t my hue , and I don’t even like the flowers , and that’s why I let the cowards looking for power get devoured or turn sour , when things inevitably backfire into a quagmire , because they’re not being realistic , cuz livin’ isn’t just snickers and giggles it stings a bit it’s grimaces , and not the purple ones , that your mom and pop brought you to that serve you that dirt in between the burger buns …..

    surf is up , Earth is out , I bring much service to the nervousness of every nerd lurking around , with the words from my mouth , as they worry and pout , in their search and their yearning for certainty amongst doubt , it’s been curtains , I’ve been “ downed “ , murdered for my currency so currently in my account , I’m bankrupt to your morals , or for a better word or metaphor I don’t rest on your laurels , I’ve been dead and I’ve departed and yes it was horrible , It’s just that I’ve been resurrected pure ever more with extra strength and now I’m flexing it sorrowful ……

    God Bless your friend peace_5

    wallstreetcappers craps in his draws and pees fuckin backwards from his vaj with a squirt.
    Reply

    why do too many people wait till the last minute ? To answer the questions that they’ve asked themselves and laugh at the simpleton ? obscure and awkward wrongful ways that they looked at the world ? hook , line , and sinker in the skillet or till it’s broiled , I’ll still filet that fish even if it stinks or it’s been spoiled …..

    cuz I take what’s given in this infinite shitty sadness , and put my microscopic eye to the center line with no time for the glasses , cuz rose colored ain’t my hue , and I don’t even like the flowers , and that’s why I let the cowards looking for power get devoured or turn sour , when things inevitably backfire into a quagmire , because they’re not being realistic , cuz livin’ isn’t just snickers and giggles it stings a bit it’s grimaces , and not the purple ones , that your mom and pop brought you to that serve you that dirt in between the burger buns …..

    surf is up , Earth is out , I bring much service to the nervousness of every nerd lurking around , with the words from my mouth , as they worry and pout , in their search and their yearning for certainty amongst doubt , it’s been curtains , I’ve been “ downed “ , murdered for my currency so currently in my account , I’m bankrupt to your morals , or for a better word or metaphor I don’t rest on your laurels , I’ve been dead and I’ve departed and yes it was horrible , It’s just that I’ve been resurrected pure ever more with extra strength and now I’m flexing it sorrowful ……

    God Bless your friend peace_5

     
    spockgato
    spockgato
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2005
    Posts: 15326
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2024 - 10:37 AM ET #4

    Why do you park in the driveway and drive on the parkway ? Why are there dark days ? Where war wounds open and a soldier feels like a martyr “ played “ ? Are we going to Mars and to space ? And when we do will we be buffoons and bring it to a stark decay ? Cuz everything our metatarsals walk and wiggle through gets changed , and sooner or later the temperature of Jupiter will escalate and then we’ll be to blame  , Dude you ever poop yourself and the stain ? gets so deep in the fibers that you throw them piece of shit “ diapers “ away ? Christ it’s insane , this world that we live , we have choices exorbitant but we force ourselves to piss , all over each other’s not too broad shoulders , and we often scold and hurt , those that we love the most , and don’t even get me started on not putting mustard on a hot dog but just the ketchup with the “ lots of squirts “ …..

    this life right ? It’s crazy peace_5

    wallstreetcappers craps in his draws and pees fuckin backwards from his vaj with a squirt.
    Reply

    Why do you park in the driveway and drive on the parkway ? Why are there dark days ? Where war wounds open and a soldier feels like a martyr “ played “ ? Are we going to Mars and to space ? And when we do will we be buffoons and bring it to a stark decay ? Cuz everything our metatarsals walk and wiggle through gets changed , and sooner or later the temperature of Jupiter will escalate and then we’ll be to blame  , Dude you ever poop yourself and the stain ? gets so deep in the fibers that you throw them piece of shit “ diapers “ away ? Christ it’s insane , this world that we live , we have choices exorbitant but we force ourselves to piss , all over each other’s not too broad shoulders , and we often scold and hurt , those that we love the most , and don’t even get me started on not putting mustard on a hot dog but just the ketchup with the “ lots of squirts “ …..

    this life right ? It’s crazy peace_5

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2024 - 11:39 AM ET #5

    Having insurance in Florida is odd because even if you have it, it still kind of feels like you don't.

    Someone needs to invent a job that Americans REALLY want to do.

    A buddy told me it's been a rough year. I had to remind him it's only the 1st week in January.

    Reply

    Having insurance in Florida is odd because even if you have it, it still kind of feels like you don't.

    Someone needs to invent a job that Americans REALLY want to do.

    A buddy told me it's been a rough year. I had to remind him it's only the 1st week in January.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2024 - 12:43 PM ET #6

    I'd much rather party with friends who will fight over picking up the check than with people who flee to the bathroom when the check arrives.

    Reply

    I'd much rather party with friends who will fight over picking up the check than with people who flee to the bathroom when the check arrives.

     
    spockgato
    spockgato
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2005
    Posts: 15326
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2024 - 1:23 PM ET #7

    If I had a girlfriend that I gave my heart to that was from The Rotterdam in The Netherlands that was down for “ some lovin’ “ …..

    and we were in the bed and I made a fart like a poop like poppin’ a squat would it be a mockery to pontificate or speak comically that “ the release “ was like a sloppy “ Dutch Oven ? “

    wallstreetcappers craps in his draws and pees fuckin backwards from his vaj with a squirt.
    Reply

    If I had a girlfriend that I gave my heart to that was from The Rotterdam in The Netherlands that was down for “ some lovin’ “ …..

    and we were in the bed and I made a fart like a poop like poppin’ a squat would it be a mockery to pontificate or speak comically that “ the release “ was like a sloppy “ Dutch Oven ? “

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2024 - 1:31 PM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    I'd much rather party with friends who will fight over picking up the check than with people who flee to the bathroom when the check arrives.

    I'd rather party with friends.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    I'd much rather party with friends who will fight over picking up the check than with people who flee to the bathroom when the check arrives.

    I'd rather party with friends.

     
    spockgato
    spockgato
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2005
    Posts: 15326
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2024 - 2:01 PM ET #9

    How come the first guy at a party that drinks too much and passes out always has to get the shaving cream on his hand then tickle his nose trick done to him ?

    or the permanent black magic marker penis drawn on the forehead joke ?

    or worst of them all :

    the put his hand in a bowl of tepid water trick so he pisses his pants joke that makes him look ridiculous when he wakes up to find out what he did all over himself even though he’s still halfway incoherent but fully embarrassed ….

    I’ve seen that one . Brutal . peace_5

    wallstreetcappers craps in his draws and pees fuckin backwards from his vaj with a squirt.
    Reply

    How come the first guy at a party that drinks too much and passes out always has to get the shaving cream on his hand then tickle his nose trick done to him ?

    or the permanent black magic marker penis drawn on the forehead joke ?

    or worst of them all :

    the put his hand in a bowl of tepid water trick so he pisses his pants joke that makes him look ridiculous when he wakes up to find out what he did all over himself even though he’s still halfway incoherent but fully embarrassed ….

    I’ve seen that one . Brutal . peace_5

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2024 - 3:19 PM ET #10

    I have no clue why people get tattoos on their face.

    Right away I think this may not be the only bad decision you made in life. 

    confused

     

    Reply

    I have no clue why people get tattoos on their face.

    Right away I think this may not be the only bad decision you made in life. 

    confused

     

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2024 - 3:24 PM ET #11

    @StumpTownStu

     It's great to party with friends that aren't cheap but in my experiences there's always one dude who forgot his wallet or didn't have any cash etc.

    There's ways of dealing with that kind of cat & they don't get to play with us long without smartening up.

    Reply

    @StumpTownStu

     It's great to party with friends that aren't cheap but in my experiences there's always one dude who forgot his wallet or didn't have any cash etc.

    There's ways of dealing with that kind of cat & they don't get to play with us long without smartening up.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2024 - 5:03 PM ET #12

    If you enjoy fishing & come to South Florida, make sure you go offshore about a half mile to fish the wrecks where you WILL catch fish.

    Many want to snag a sail/swordfish/tuna but that takes more hunting to find them rather than fishing to catch other quality fish. If you charter a boat for 4 hours, spend at least 2 hours on the wrecks which aren't far from the marinas. 

    Then spend the other 2 hours catching a trophy, get pictures & release the beauty for another person to enjoy a similar experience.

    an_cheers 

     

    Reply

    If you enjoy fishing & come to South Florida, make sure you go offshore about a half mile to fish the wrecks where you WILL catch fish.

    Many want to snag a sail/swordfish/tuna but that takes more hunting to find them rather than fishing to catch other quality fish. If you charter a boat for 4 hours, spend at least 2 hours on the wrecks which aren't far from the marinas. 

    Then spend the other 2 hours catching a trophy, get pictures & release the beauty for another person to enjoy a similar experience.

    an_cheers 

     

     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2024 - 5:34 PM ET #13

    I think about free will and religion all the time. I’m convinced it’s all BS. I think about consciousness, reality, why people do what they do (we can’t possibly explain some of it). 

    I think about the hard problem of consciousness (see David Chalmers). I think about how we are nothing more than bags of chemicals, yet we experience happiness, joy, love, etc. How?

     

    I think about the insanity of this world, and how much animals—humans included—suffer all the time. It makes me sad.

     

    But to keep myself sane, I focus more on the positive. The funny. The good. I constantly remind myself that everything is temporary, and that it’s never as good or as bad as it may seem.

     

    I think about how in the blink of an eye, none of us will be here, and nobody will remember us. Life is beautiful, and so short. With the absence of free will (and it is an actual myth), life is just a roller coaster ride. Strap in and enjoy because whatever is gonna happen will indeed happen, and there’s nothing we can do.

     

    I think about the hate that so many people spread, and how insanely stupid they are. But then I always have to remind myself that they can’t help it. It’s what they believe. It’s what their parents believe. And their grandparents. Their beliefs have been passed down and their brains are imprinted. They truly believe that their hate is a good thing. That it’s all necessary to protect their rights, and their families. They’re stuck in a delusional reality and they can’t get out.

     

    I could go on for hours like any of you could but I’ll spare you the agony.

    new_laugh_cry

    Peace and love to you all.

     

    peace_5

    Reply

    I think about free will and religion all the time. I’m convinced it’s all BS. I think about consciousness, reality, why people do what they do (we can’t possibly explain some of it). 

    I think about the hard problem of consciousness (see David Chalmers). I think about how we are nothing more than bags of chemicals, yet we experience happiness, joy, love, etc. How?

     

    I think about the insanity of this world, and how much animals—humans included—suffer all the time. It makes me sad.

     

    But to keep myself sane, I focus more on the positive. The funny. The good. I constantly remind myself that everything is temporary, and that it’s never as good or as bad as it may seem.

     

    I think about how in the blink of an eye, none of us will be here, and nobody will remember us. Life is beautiful, and so short. With the absence of free will (and it is an actual myth), life is just a roller coaster ride. Strap in and enjoy because whatever is gonna happen will indeed happen, and there’s nothing we can do.

     

    I think about the hate that so many people spread, and how insanely stupid they are. But then I always have to remind myself that they can’t help it. It’s what they believe. It’s what their parents believe. And their grandparents. Their beliefs have been passed down and their brains are imprinted. They truly believe that their hate is a good thing. That it’s all necessary to protect their rights, and their families. They’re stuck in a delusional reality and they can’t get out.

     

    I could go on for hours like any of you could but I’ll spare you the agony.

    new_laugh_cry

    Peace and love to you all.

     

    peace_5

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2024 - 8:11 PM ET #14

    @SteelCash

     No agony reading your post & of course, it got me thinking.

    When I was trying to stay alive as well as keep the guy next to me alive, I needed something to believe in that would get me through hell. I did the whole altar boy gig in my teens but it was faith not religion that kept me from totaling losing my shit.

    Sadness, as well as happiness, is all around us. Visit a hospital & you'll see people celebrating a new birth while another family mourns a death. Most don't have a clue how fortunate we are in this country. We take all kinds of shit for granted.  Whadyaaa mean the internet service is down? What's taking the pizza guy so long to get here? Doesn't the bartender know I need another drink, WTF?

    This is the kind of shit that filters through our minds every single day & we're all just trying to decipher why shit happens. We all have a comfort spot in our brain that brings us joy & it's happy place to go. Whether it's thinking about your 1st girlfriend or a no-hitter you pitched or remembering good times with good people. Now that I'm getting long in the tooth, I visit that "happy "spot more often which is a damn good thing IMO.

    an_cheers

    Reply

    @SteelCash

     No agony reading your post & of course, it got me thinking.

    When I was trying to stay alive as well as keep the guy next to me alive, I needed something to believe in that would get me through hell. I did the whole altar boy gig in my teens but it was faith not religion that kept me from totaling losing my shit.

    Sadness, as well as happiness, is all around us. Visit a hospital & you'll see people celebrating a new birth while another family mourns a death. Most don't have a clue how fortunate we are in this country. We take all kinds of shit for granted.  Whadyaaa mean the internet service is down? What's taking the pizza guy so long to get here? Doesn't the bartender know I need another drink, WTF?

    This is the kind of shit that filters through our minds every single day & we're all just trying to decipher why shit happens. We all have a comfort spot in our brain that brings us joy & it's happy place to go. Whether it's thinking about your 1st girlfriend or a no-hitter you pitched or remembering good times with good people. Now that I'm getting long in the tooth, I visit that "happy "spot more often which is a damn good thing IMO.

    an_cheers

     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2024 - 8:33 PM ET #15

    I have a self propelled mower but my buddies tell me that it qualifies as a push mower. 

    So it’s a push mower that you don’t push? Why don’t we call these things go mowers? Or no push mowers?

    Reply

    I have a self propelled mower but my buddies tell me that it qualifies as a push mower. 

    So it’s a push mower that you don’t push? Why don’t we call these things go mowers? Or no push mowers?

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Jan. 9, 2024 - 8:40 PM ET #16

    Boynton Beach, FL

    A 98 year old man was runover & killed by a 86 year old dude driving his Mercedes-Benz.

    Speechless.....

    quiet

     

    Reply

    Boynton Beach, FL

    A 98 year old man was runover & killed by a 86 year old dude driving his Mercedes-Benz.

    Speechless.....

    quiet

     

     
    SteelCash
    SteelCash
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 5605
    Posted: Jan. 10, 2024 - 10:18 AM ET #17

    @Midnight1

     peace_5

    Reply

    @Midnight1

     peace_5

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Jan. 10, 2024 - 11:59 AM ET #18

    Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FL

    A Buffalo Bills fan from Ontario, CN leaving the stadium after the game against the Dolphins evidently had a disagreement with a Dolphin fan & pounded on the hood on his car. The Dolphin fan exited his car & pumped 4 bullets into the Bills fan killing him. His mother now has a GoFundMe page to help bring her son's body back to Canada.

    It's a perfect example of "here today gone tomorrow."

     

    Reply

    Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FL

    A Buffalo Bills fan from Ontario, CN leaving the stadium after the game against the Dolphins evidently had a disagreement with a Dolphin fan & pounded on the hood on his car. The Dolphin fan exited his car & pumped 4 bullets into the Bills fan killing him. His mother now has a GoFundMe page to help bring her son's body back to Canada.

    It's a perfect example of "here today gone tomorrow."

     

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jan. 11, 2024 - 1:55 AM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FL A Buffalo Bills fan from Ontario, CN leaving the stadium after the game against the Dolphins evidently had a disagreement with a Dolphin fan & pounded on the hood on his car. The Dolphin fan exited his car & pumped 4 bullets into the Bills fan killing him. His mother now has a GoFundMe page to help bring her son's body back to Canada. It's a perfect example of "here today gone tomorrow."

    If you're from Buffalo, and you're down in South Florida, and you're pounding on cars, it's essentially a suicide. I guess they didn't send the memo out to western NY that everyone in Florida has guns.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1:

    Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, FL A Buffalo Bills fan from Ontario, CN leaving the stadium after the game against the Dolphins evidently had a disagreement with a Dolphin fan & pounded on the hood on his car. The Dolphin fan exited his car & pumped 4 bullets into the Bills fan killing him. His mother now has a GoFundMe page to help bring her son's body back to Canada. It's a perfect example of "here today gone tomorrow."

    If you're from Buffalo, and you're down in South Florida, and you're pounding on cars, it's essentially a suicide. I guess they didn't send the memo out to western NY that everyone in Florida has guns.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Jan. 11, 2024 - 12:17 PM ET #20

    If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

    Reply

    If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Jan. 14, 2024 - 1:35 PM ET #21

    Some afternoons it seems like I talk to GOOGLE more that with my wife.

    Reply

    Some afternoons it seems like I talk to GOOGLE more that with my wife.

     
    Crusher13
    Crusher13
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 8064
    Posted: Jan. 16, 2024 - 2:14 AM ET #22

    So Midnight, I had a Vivid Dream involving front man for Talking Heads, David Byrne .playing a Show for a Bunch of hotyye Totye peeps in a Private small play Hall.. I was lucky not to get thrown out cuz I didn't fit in with that crowd..it was great until He started playing " Burning Down the House"..cool

    Reply

    So Midnight, I had a Vivid Dream involving front man for Talking Heads, David Byrne .playing a Show for a Bunch of hotyye Totye peeps in a Private small play Hall.. I was lucky not to get thrown out cuz I didn't fit in with that crowd..it was great until He started playing " Burning Down the House"..cool

     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Jan. 16, 2024 - 8:10 PM ET #23

    Rainy day had me looking at an old flick & I heard a line that made me laugh.

    In Justice for All, Al Pacino plays a lawyer & Jack Warren plays a Judge that doesn't have all his marbles. The Judge wants Pacino to take a plane ride with him but Pacino doesn't want to go and tells the judge to take his wife on the plane ride. The Judge laughs and says..

    "The last thing my wife and I did together was getting married."

     

    Reply

    Rainy day had me looking at an old flick & I heard a line that made me laugh.

    In Justice for All, Al Pacino plays a lawyer & Jack Warren plays a Judge that doesn't have all his marbles. The Judge wants Pacino to take a plane ride with him but Pacino doesn't want to go and tells the judge to take his wife on the plane ride. The Judge laughs and says..

    "The last thing my wife and I did together was getting married."

     

     
    StumpTownStu
    StumpTownStu
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2016
    Posts: 22234
    Posted: Jan. 16, 2024 - 10:37 PM ET #24

    Quote Originally Posted by Crusher13:

    So Midnight, I had a Vivid Dream involving front man for Talking Heads, David Byrne .playing a Show for a Bunch of hotyye Totye peeps in a Private small play Hall.. I was lucky not to get thrown out cuz I didn't fit in with that crowd..it was great until He started playing " Burning Down the House"..

    I had an hour long conversation with David Byrne like,I don't know, 16 years ago when he played the Greek in Berkeley. Then after the show they went and played this club that used to exist in Berkeley called Blake's. It was an epic night. Then I met him when he played the Fox with St. Vincent but we didn't really talk. It was just one of those, "Hey, don't I know you?" kind of things and I was just like, "Yep! At the Greek!" Not a ton of time had elapsed. I wanna say not even a year. It was cool.

    R.I.P. #94 MARSHAWN KNEELAND - DC4L
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Crusher13:

    So Midnight, I had a Vivid Dream involving front man for Talking Heads, David Byrne .playing a Show for a Bunch of hotyye Totye peeps in a Private small play Hall.. I was lucky not to get thrown out cuz I didn't fit in with that crowd..it was great until He started playing " Burning Down the House"..

    I had an hour long conversation with David Byrne like,I don't know, 16 years ago when he played the Greek in Berkeley. Then after the show they went and played this club that used to exist in Berkeley called Blake's. It was an epic night. Then I met him when he played the Fox with St. Vincent but we didn't really talk. It was just one of those, "Hey, don't I know you?" kind of things and I was just like, "Yep! At the Greek!" Not a ton of time had elapsed. I wanna say not even a year. It was cool.

     
     
    Midnight1
    Midnight1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2007
    Posts: 25544
    Posted: Jan. 18, 2024 - 7:40 PM ET #25

    Driving around South Florida today I was reminded of an idea I heard years ago from Carlin, Gallagher or Carrot Top.

    The concept was that every driver receives a plastic gun with 5 arrows with a small suction cup & when you see a driver making a douchebag move, you shoot an arrow at/on their car.

    So when a cop sees a car with 5 attached arrows, the driver gets pulled over & given a ticket just on general principle.

    Got to remember this idea is decades old & if tried today, it could end with a horrible result.

    There are too many real guns in the hands of the unstable.

    Reply

    Driving around South Florida today I was reminded of an idea I heard years ago from Carlin, Gallagher or Carrot Top.

    The concept was that every driver receives a plastic gun with 5 arrows with a small suction cup & when you see a driver making a douchebag move, you shoot an arrow at/on their car.

    So when a cop sees a car with 5 attached arrows, the driver gets pulled over & given a ticket just on general principle.

    Got to remember this idea is decades old & if tried today, it could end with a horrible result.

    There are too many real guns in the hands of the unstable.

    All Forums | General Discussion
    123 ... 212223 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 459,544
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,548
    • Wednesday 10/07/2026 409
    • MLB Playoffs 15,262
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 35,028
    • Week 6 Money 5,314
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,355
    • Lies, Inaccuracies & Stupidity 31,331
    • Public Indicator Calculations 2026 19,199
    • HarDix's Big Bet................. 5,476

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.