• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Fantasy Sports

    ****FANTASY FOOTBALL DISCUSSION****

    «First Previous 12
    jesron1269
    JMon
    SteelHop
    bracks
    Whodeysb09
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1235
    Posts: 45
    «First Previous 12
     
    jesron1269
    jesron1269
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 37796
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2009 - 10:32 AM ET #26

    Quote Originally Posted by Whodeysb09:

    Carson Palmer is going to have a big season this year.


    Absolutely!!!  I am big on Palmer, Tony person and Philip Rivers in that order.  I never pick a QB early.  I get two QBs late that I think have value.  By the way Drew Brees is the number one QB period!  The most consistent, best offensive line, better offensive weapons, has been consistently healthy and the most upside.  Anyone who takes Brady over Brees is more than likely a New England homer or a fantasy football novice.  But I can see you are neither so BOL!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Whodeysb09:

    Carson Palmer is going to have a big season this year.


    Absolutely!!!  I am big on Palmer, Tony person and Philip Rivers in that order.  I never pick a QB early.  I get two QBs late that I think have value.  By the way Drew Brees is the number one QB period!  The most consistent, best offensive line, better offensive weapons, has been consistently healthy and the most upside.  Anyone who takes Brady over Brees is more than likely a New England homer or a fantasy football novice.  But I can see you are neither so BOL!
     
    JMon
    JMon
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 3071
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2009 - 11:06 AM ET #27

    Thanks for the dicussion Jesron!!!   I am like you...I usually try and grab a QB in the 5 or 6th...that I think has upside.  I had a buddy take Brady last year in the first....oh boy.  Trades and FA is another tatic I rely heavily on.  
    Reply
    Thanks for the dicussion Jesron!!!   I am like you...I usually try and grab a QB in the 5 or 6th...that I think has upside.  I had a buddy take Brady last year in the first....oh boy.  Trades and FA is another tatic I rely heavily on.  
     
    JMon
    JMon
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 3071
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2009 - 11:06 AM ET #28

    Did you guys want me to start a RB session??
    Reply
    Did you guys want me to start a RB session??
     
    SteelHop
    SteelHop
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 748
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2009 - 3:26 PM ET #29

    Quote Originally Posted by JMon:

    Did you guys want me to start a RB session??

    Sure... 

    On TB... I am not saying I wouldn't draft him but I certainly wouldn't pick him number one.  I like Brees, Manning and Rivers better given we haven't seen anything, yet.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JMon:

    Did you guys want me to start a RB session??

    Sure... 

    On TB... I am not saying I wouldn't draft him but I certainly wouldn't pick him number one.  I like Brees, Manning and Rivers better given we haven't seen anything, yet.

     
    JMon
    JMon
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 3071
    Posted: Jun. 23, 2009 - 10:13 PM ET #30

    I understand SteelHop...as coming off major surgery one would like see how the guy performs.  It will be rather interesting to see where TB ends up on a consensus draft.  Thanks for the discussion.
     
    Well fellas..I decided to start a RB discussion.  Like the QB's I am going to list the top 10 IMO using a couple of references.  The following TOP 10 is based off MY point system I use when playing fantasy football.  Keep in my your scoring system may be different which could drastically change any position rank.  PLEASE KEEP THAT IN MIND.   I tried to state that in my QB segment as well.  Also keep in mind... by NO means am I stating I am some kind of professional, cause I'm not.  I just love to play the game, therefore just trying to promote discussion before the season.
     
    If you disagree with any of the ranks, which should be part of the dicussion, PLEASE list the rank and a reasoning.
     
    RB Points System:
     
    1 pt. every 10 receiving yds
    1 pt. every 10 rushing yds
    6 pts. for rec, rushing and return TDs
     
    Everyone's favorite number one this year is mine as well...Adrian Peterson. Being a Sooner's fan, I absolutley love watching this guy play.  However, my number two, MJD, is not too far off of being a number one.   Reasoning... MJD is the better receiver (by far) which equates for additional fantasy points, he may be used in kick returns which adds addtional value and IMO is less injury prone than AP.  That being said...AP is still my number one option but not by far.....
     
    #1 Adrian Peterson
     
    He will clearly out run any of his peers in rushing yds albeit a injury.  I am going to assume Favre will play for the Viking this year.  Thus I want to correlate Thomas Jones shitty year in 2007 vs. his 2008 year with Farve.  Therefore, IMO AP will benefit with Farve at the helm. When Farve plays well defenses will not load up the box which should open up more room for AP vs. unlike what Rosenfels or Jackson provided last year. Likewise, defs may gear up to force turnovers against Farve when he is playing poorly, which could also prevent them from loading the box with defenders.     Finally, IMO with Farve playing.. the overall first downs and plays will increase thus giving more opportunities for AP.
     
    #2  MJD
     
    The Jags sucked last year no doubt about it. However, MJD still produced 14 TDs and nearly 1400 yds from scrimmage despite only getting 43 carries in the first 5 weeks. IMO MJD is due for a break out season being the sole starter and not sharing carries with Fred. Also keep in mind MJD produced without both starting Gaurds. With a healthy offensive line and better run and passing efficiency MJD is set to explode this year. Finally keep in mind, MJD is awesome catching the ball out of the backfield.  I would not be suprised if he generated 60- 70 receptions and 600+ receiving yds this year.  LOOK OUT FELLAS>
     
     
    Reply
    I understand SteelHop...as coming off major surgery one would like see how the guy performs.  It will be rather interesting to see where TB ends up on a consensus draft.  Thanks for the discussion.
     
    Well fellas..I decided to start a RB discussion.  Like the QB's I am going to list the top 10 IMO using a couple of references.  The following TOP 10 is based off MY point system I use when playing fantasy football.  Keep in my your scoring system may be different which could drastically change any position rank.  PLEASE KEEP THAT IN MIND.   I tried to state that in my QB segment as well.  Also keep in mind... by NO means am I stating I am some kind of professional, cause I'm not.  I just love to play the game, therefore just trying to promote discussion before the season.
     
    If you disagree with any of the ranks, which should be part of the dicussion, PLEASE list the rank and a reasoning.
     
    RB Points System:
     
    1 pt. every 10 receiving yds
    1 pt. every 10 rushing yds
    6 pts. for rec, rushing and return TDs
     
    Everyone's favorite number one this year is mine as well...Adrian Peterson. Being a Sooner's fan, I absolutley love watching this guy play.  However, my number two, MJD, is not too far off of being a number one.   Reasoning... MJD is the better receiver (by far) which equates for additional fantasy points, he may be used in kick returns which adds addtional value and IMO is less injury prone than AP.  That being said...AP is still my number one option but not by far.....
     
    #1 Adrian Peterson
     
    He will clearly out run any of his peers in rushing yds albeit a injury.  I am going to assume Favre will play for the Viking this year.  Thus I want to correlate Thomas Jones shitty year in 2007 vs. his 2008 year with Farve.  Therefore, IMO AP will benefit with Farve at the helm. When Farve plays well defenses will not load up the box which should open up more room for AP vs. unlike what Rosenfels or Jackson provided last year. Likewise, defs may gear up to force turnovers against Farve when he is playing poorly, which could also prevent them from loading the box with defenders.     Finally, IMO with Farve playing.. the overall first downs and plays will increase thus giving more opportunities for AP.
     
    #2  MJD
     
    The Jags sucked last year no doubt about it. However, MJD still produced 14 TDs and nearly 1400 yds from scrimmage despite only getting 43 carries in the first 5 weeks. IMO MJD is due for a break out season being the sole starter and not sharing carries with Fred. Also keep in mind MJD produced without both starting Gaurds. With a healthy offensive line and better run and passing efficiency MJD is set to explode this year. Finally keep in mind, MJD is awesome catching the ball out of the backfield.  I would not be suprised if he generated 60- 70 receptions and 600+ receiving yds this year.  LOOK OUT FELLAS>
     
     
     
    SteelHop
    SteelHop
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 748
    Posted: Jun. 24, 2009 - 9:32 AM ET #31

    Quote Originally Posted by JMon:


     
    #2  MJD
     
    The Jags sucked last year no doubt about it. However, MJD still produced 14 TDs and nearly 1400 yds from scrimmage despite only getting 43 carries in the first 5 weeks. IMO MJD is due for a break out season being the sole starter and not sharing carries with Fred. Also keep in mind MJD produced without both starting Gaurds. With a healthy offensive line and better run and passing efficiency MJD is set to explode this year. Finally keep in mind, MJD is awesome catching the ball out of the backfield.  I would not be suprised if he generated 60- 70 receptions and 600+ receiving yds this year.  LOOK OUT FELLAS>
     
     

    I think MJD is top 5 if you get some type of points for receptions he is even better other top 5 RB's I like are

    Turner
    Slaton - a sure fire sleeper
    Forte 
    LT - I think will come back strong this year (even in a crappy year ended up 6 in RB points in my league which is essentially like yours)

    Sleepers are guys like
    Ward
    K. Smith
    Moreno
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JMon:


     
    #2  MJD
     
    The Jags sucked last year no doubt about it. However, MJD still produced 14 TDs and nearly 1400 yds from scrimmage despite only getting 43 carries in the first 5 weeks. IMO MJD is due for a break out season being the sole starter and not sharing carries with Fred. Also keep in mind MJD produced without both starting Gaurds. With a healthy offensive line and better run and passing efficiency MJD is set to explode this year. Finally keep in mind, MJD is awesome catching the ball out of the backfield.  I would not be suprised if he generated 60- 70 receptions and 600+ receiving yds this year.  LOOK OUT FELLAS>
     
     

    I think MJD is top 5 if you get some type of points for receptions he is even better other top 5 RB's I like are

    Turner
    Slaton - a sure fire sleeper
    Forte 
    LT - I think will come back strong this year (even in a crappy year ended up 6 in RB points in my league which is essentially like yours)

    Sleepers are guys like
    Ward
    K. Smith
    Moreno
     
    jesron1269
    jesron1269
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 37796
    Posted: Jun. 24, 2009 - 10:25 AM ET #32

    Slaton scares me.  He reminds me of Dominick Davis.  He was great for a VERY SHORT period of time.  Slaton is built the same way and did have injuries issues while in college at UWV.  I really like Forte this year.  To quote Randy Moss, I think that he, "...tears the NFL the f#ck up!"
    Reply
    Slaton scares me.  He reminds me of Dominick Davis.  He was great for a VERY SHORT period of time.  Slaton is built the same way and did have injuries issues while in college at UWV.  I really like Forte this year.  To quote Randy Moss, I think that he, "...tears the NFL the f#ck up!"
     
    bracks
    bracks
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 14259
    Posted: Jun. 24, 2009 - 11:52 AM ET #33

    Steel- you really think DeAngelo shouldn't be in that top 5?
     
    I will be interested to hear what you guys say here. If it was just a one time yr thing and Stew will get more touches, or its his time to really shine all yr. I have huge decisions to make this yr. I am in 2 leagues, both keeper leagues. I can keep 2. In 1, I have AP, Brees, and D-Will. In the other, I have AP, MJD, and D-Will.
    Reply
    Steel- you really think DeAngelo shouldn't be in that top 5?
     
    I will be interested to hear what you guys say here. If it was just a one time yr thing and Stew will get more touches, or its his time to really shine all yr. I have huge decisions to make this yr. I am in 2 leagues, both keeper leagues. I can keep 2. In 1, I have AP, Brees, and D-Will. In the other, I have AP, MJD, and D-Will.
     
    jesron1269
    jesron1269
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 37796
    Posted: Jun. 24, 2009 - 12:30 PM ET #34

    bracks... you pretend you are going to keep D-Will in both leagues and brag up his stats (which were amazing), while specifically mentioning to teams that do not have quality keepers how great he is going to be this year with Steve Smith another year back from injury; the same offensive line returning (which means consistency); the development of their number two WR; the defense dominating and causing short feilds for a D-Will TD scamper; etc.  Then a few weeks before you  have to advise your keepers start talking to those keeper starved teams about who they are planning on keeping and and in a nice way dog their keepers.  Talk up how great your keepers are (without bragging).  Tell them how great D-Will is and you have too many keepers.  Then just like it popped in your head would you be interested in one of my keepers.  What about D-Will?  Make it sound like it was their idea and ask for draft picks in return.

    I have already traded away D-Will in my keeper league (we can only keep two regular players and one rookie keeper - the rookie keeper is someone who was a rookie last year so for me it will either be Kevin Smith or Felix Jones, depending on who I can trade).  I thank that D-Will's value only goes down from last year.  He could still have a great year but never like last year.  I recieved a first round pick this year and next  year.

    In my opinion that is what keeper leagues are all about.  You keep the top shelf talent but turn over other players for picks so that you can continue to stock your team with the best talent.  Sometimes you need to reach a little for the expectation of a break out but if you are right  you get a good return on your investment that year and years to come.  BOL!
    Reply
    bracks... you pretend you are going to keep D-Will in both leagues and brag up his stats (which were amazing), while specifically mentioning to teams that do not have quality keepers how great he is going to be this year with Steve Smith another year back from injury; the same offensive line returning (which means consistency); the development of their number two WR; the defense dominating and causing short feilds for a D-Will TD scamper; etc.  Then a few weeks before you  have to advise your keepers start talking to those keeper starved teams about who they are planning on keeping and and in a nice way dog their keepers.  Talk up how great your keepers are (without bragging).  Tell them how great D-Will is and you have too many keepers.  Then just like it popped in your head would you be interested in one of my keepers.  What about D-Will?  Make it sound like it was their idea and ask for draft picks in return.

    I have already traded away D-Will in my keeper league (we can only keep two regular players and one rookie keeper - the rookie keeper is someone who was a rookie last year so for me it will either be Kevin Smith or Felix Jones, depending on who I can trade).  I thank that D-Will's value only goes down from last year.  He could still have a great year but never like last year.  I recieved a first round pick this year and next  year.

    In my opinion that is what keeper leagues are all about.  You keep the top shelf talent but turn over other players for picks so that you can continue to stock your team with the best talent.  Sometimes you need to reach a little for the expectation of a break out but if you are right  you get a good return on your investment that year and years to come.  BOL!
     
    Whodeysb09
    Whodeysb09
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 14372
    Posted: Jun. 24, 2009 - 12:33 PM ET #35

    I'll still take LaDanian Tomlinson

    Steven Jackson
    Reply
    I'll still take LaDanian Tomlinson

    Steven Jackson
     
    JMon
    JMon
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 3071
    Posted: Jun. 24, 2009 - 9:30 PM ET #36

    Great discussion fellas!!!   Bracks...I have D. Williams has my number 7 and I will explain why when I get there!
     
    #3  Matt Forte
     
    I like Matt Forte, because like MJD, he ranks high due to his receiving stats (470+ yds and 4 receiving TDs in 2008).  IMO the addition of Cutler' arm will decrease Forte rushing attempts, but should open up the field and stretch defenses, which should actually increase his YPC and YPR.  And should increase his receptions. 
     
    Keep in mind...Forte plays Balt and Viking in week 15 and 16 which may be playoff time for some, but does play the Lions in week 17 =).  Another think to keep in mind is Forte opposing run defense this year seems to be a bit better than it was in '08.
     
    #4  LT
     
    OK let's face it, LT will never produce his 2005 numbers, but the guy still managed to produce 1500 yds and 12 TDs with serious injuries.  The lurking Sproles is a bit worrisome, but IMO doesn't have the durability to be a full season back. 
     
    One reason I like LT is he is still a good receiving back....like MJD and Forte this equals major fantasy production.  Another reason is the Charger's schedule.  I mean, shit, they reside in the awful AFC West-----ENOUGH SAID.  Their 2009 opponents winning % is just 48% vs. 54% in '08.  Addtionally the Charger's had a rough start last year forcing Rivers to go to the air playing from behind, thus descreasing LT's production.  Finally, IMO the Charger's easier schedule this year may translate in more 4th Qtr. leads, which may increase the rush attempts.  I like a comeback this year.
    Reply
    Great discussion fellas!!!   Bracks...I have D. Williams has my number 7 and I will explain why when I get there!
     
    #3  Matt Forte
     
    I like Matt Forte, because like MJD, he ranks high due to his receiving stats (470+ yds and 4 receiving TDs in 2008).  IMO the addition of Cutler' arm will decrease Forte rushing attempts, but should open up the field and stretch defenses, which should actually increase his YPC and YPR.  And should increase his receptions. 
     
    Keep in mind...Forte plays Balt and Viking in week 15 and 16 which may be playoff time for some, but does play the Lions in week 17 =).  Another think to keep in mind is Forte opposing run defense this year seems to be a bit better than it was in '08.
     
    #4  LT
     
    OK let's face it, LT will never produce his 2005 numbers, but the guy still managed to produce 1500 yds and 12 TDs with serious injuries.  The lurking Sproles is a bit worrisome, but IMO doesn't have the durability to be a full season back. 
     
    One reason I like LT is he is still a good receiving back....like MJD and Forte this equals major fantasy production.  Another reason is the Charger's schedule.  I mean, shit, they reside in the awful AFC West-----ENOUGH SAID.  Their 2009 opponents winning % is just 48% vs. 54% in '08.  Addtionally the Charger's had a rough start last year forcing Rivers to go to the air playing from behind, thus descreasing LT's production.  Finally, IMO the Charger's easier schedule this year may translate in more 4th Qtr. leads, which may increase the rush attempts.  I like a comeback this year.
     
    SteelHop
    SteelHop
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 748
    Posted: Jun. 25, 2009 - 10:41 AM ET #37

    Quote Originally Posted by bracks:

    Steel- you really think DeAngelo shouldn't be in that top 5?
     
    I will be interested to hear what you guys say here. If it was just a one time yr thing and Stew will get more touches, or its his time to really shine all yr. I have huge decisions to make this yr. I am in 2 leagues, both keeper leagues. I can keep 2. In 1, I have AP, Brees, and D-Will. In the other, I have AP, MJD, and D-Will.

    I think you pretty much nailed with Stewart stealing touches - they will basically split the carries unless one of them gets hurt.  I also think his previousl 2 years are more indiciative of what you are going to see verse the last half of the '08 season.

    As for the Keepers... definitely AP and MJD (won't split carries) in the second. For the Brees/D-Will it depends on how you project what everyone will do with their keepers.  If you get alot of guys keeping RBs, you should be in good shape

    I also agree with trying to trade D-Will for picks.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by bracks:

    Steel- you really think DeAngelo shouldn't be in that top 5?
     
    I will be interested to hear what you guys say here. If it was just a one time yr thing and Stew will get more touches, or its his time to really shine all yr. I have huge decisions to make this yr. I am in 2 leagues, both keeper leagues. I can keep 2. In 1, I have AP, Brees, and D-Will. In the other, I have AP, MJD, and D-Will.

    I think you pretty much nailed with Stewart stealing touches - they will basically split the carries unless one of them gets hurt.  I also think his previousl 2 years are more indiciative of what you are going to see verse the last half of the '08 season.

    As for the Keepers... definitely AP and MJD (won't split carries) in the second. For the Brees/D-Will it depends on how you project what everyone will do with their keepers.  If you get alot of guys keeping RBs, you should be in good shape

    I also agree with trying to trade D-Will for picks.
     
    SteelHop
    SteelHop
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 748
    Posted: Jun. 25, 2009 - 10:52 AM ET #38

    Quote Originally Posted by JMon:

    Great discussion fellas!!!   Bracks...I have D. Williams has my number 7 and I will explain why when I get there!
     
    #3  Matt Forte
     
    I like Matt Forte, because like MJD, he ranks high due to his receiving stats (470+ yds and 4 receiving TDs in 2008).  IMO the addition of Cutler' arm will decrease Forte rushing attempts, but should open up the field and stretch defenses, which should actually increase his YPC and YPR.  And should increase his receptions. 
     
    Keep in mind...Forte plays Balt and Viking in week 15 and 16 which may be playoff time for some, but does play the Lions in week 17 =).  Another think to keep in mind is Forte opposing run defense this year seems to be a bit better than it was in '08.
     


    Hmmm... that makes my decision a little more challenging.  I am in a twelve team keeper league where you can keep 2 players but they have to be different positions - also you lose the draft pick in the round you picked your keeper and can only keep a player for 3 years.  I have AP(4th round from 2007), Forte (5th round from 2008), Brees (3rd round 2008) as potential keepers.  

    I am going to keep Brees but try to trade Forte or AP.  I was going with the assumption that I would trade AP (since I couldn't keep him past this year) and keep Forte (because I would still have another year with him) but with that schedule at the end of the year... I am not so sure I am going to do that - maybe trade Forte?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JMon:

    Great discussion fellas!!!   Bracks...I have D. Williams has my number 7 and I will explain why when I get there!
     
    #3  Matt Forte
     
    I like Matt Forte, because like MJD, he ranks high due to his receiving stats (470+ yds and 4 receiving TDs in 2008).  IMO the addition of Cutler' arm will decrease Forte rushing attempts, but should open up the field and stretch defenses, which should actually increase his YPC and YPR.  And should increase his receptions. 
     
    Keep in mind...Forte plays Balt and Viking in week 15 and 16 which may be playoff time for some, but does play the Lions in week 17 =).  Another think to keep in mind is Forte opposing run defense this year seems to be a bit better than it was in '08.
     


    Hmmm... that makes my decision a little more challenging.  I am in a twelve team keeper league where you can keep 2 players but they have to be different positions - also you lose the draft pick in the round you picked your keeper and can only keep a player for 3 years.  I have AP(4th round from 2007), Forte (5th round from 2008), Brees (3rd round 2008) as potential keepers.  

    I am going to keep Brees but try to trade Forte or AP.  I was going with the assumption that I would trade AP (since I couldn't keep him past this year) and keep Forte (because I would still have another year with him) but with that schedule at the end of the year... I am not so sure I am going to do that - maybe trade Forte?
     
    JMon
    JMon
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 3071
    Posted: Jun. 25, 2009 - 12:09 PM ET #39

    Hmmm that is tough... I would keep AP and ride Forte through the season and sell him for high value before the playoffs.
    Reply
    Hmmm that is tough... I would keep AP and ride Forte through the season and sell him for high value before the playoffs.
     
    SteelHop
    SteelHop
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 748
    Posted: Jun. 25, 2009 - 1:44 PM ET #40

    Quote Originally Posted by JMon:

    Hmmm that is tough... I would keep AP and ride Forte through the season and sell him for high value before the playoffs.

    I wish I could do that.  I can't keep players playing the same position... so you can't keep two running backs or two WR.  You can keep 1 rb and 1 QB or 1 WR and 1 QB or any other type of combination.

    The rule is essentially the anti-Steel Hop rule because 4-5 years ago you could keep 3 players and position didn't matter.  I kept 3 running backs - I think Gore (picking him up on a whim late in the year and had him when he exploded the next), James and S. Jackson and ruled over the league and that ended that one.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JMon:

    Hmmm that is tough... I would keep AP and ride Forte through the season and sell him for high value before the playoffs.

    I wish I could do that.  I can't keep players playing the same position... so you can't keep two running backs or two WR.  You can keep 1 rb and 1 QB or 1 WR and 1 QB or any other type of combination.

    The rule is essentially the anti-Steel Hop rule because 4-5 years ago you could keep 3 players and position didn't matter.  I kept 3 running backs - I think Gore (picking him up on a whim late in the year and had him when he exploded the next), James and S. Jackson and ruled over the league and that ended that one.
     
    JMon
    JMon
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 3071
    Posted: Jun. 25, 2009 - 7:14 PM ET #41

    Steel...thanks for the insight... I have never played in a keeper league in all my years so really do not understand the rules. That being said.. I have no idea on what you should do, perhaps someone here will give you a heads up.  My gut says stick with AP this year due to Farve. I would look at both strenghts of schedules before you decide. Both teams have easier schedules (winning %)  than last year and seems that their opposing run def are identical, which are both easier than last year.  The strength of schedule in your playoffs perhaps may be the deciding factor. I don't know when your championship game is but remember Forte plays Det in week 17.  
    Reply
    Steel...thanks for the insight... I have never played in a keeper league in all my years so really do not understand the rules. That being said.. I have no idea on what you should do, perhaps someone here will give you a heads up.  My gut says stick with AP this year due to Farve. I would look at both strenghts of schedules before you decide. Both teams have easier schedules (winning %)  than last year and seems that their opposing run def are identical, which are both easier than last year.  The strength of schedule in your playoffs perhaps may be the deciding factor. I don't know when your championship game is but remember Forte plays Det in week 17.  
     
    JMon
    JMon
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 3071
    Posted: Jun. 25, 2009 - 8:01 PM ET #42

    # 5 and 6 take your pick:  Cinton Portis and Chris Johnson
     
    L White is a fat toad, but that fat toad puts up numbers some how. I just do not like the guy..reminds of the cry baby TO when he doesn't get the ball.  However, b/c of the RBBC senerio we have in the NFL, White will curse Johnson's numbers but I still like him in this spot.
     
    The kid is one fast mother fucker. He reminds a bit of Barry Sanders ....just a bit!!!  I can't believe I watched Barry Sanders back up Thurman Thomas at a OSU game.  Both ended up being hella backs.  
     
    Just note... Johnson's first half may be shakey.. playing the Steelers, Jets and Jags followed by Colts and the Pats, but the second half of the season look out. Perhaps a good time to look for someone trying to trade him b/c of his first half numbers.      
     
    CP
     
    CP is a prime example why one should look at the strenght of schedule before drafting.  In his first 5 games last year he was lights out (120+ rushing yds per game) then the schedule got tougher and he got banged up only to put up just 100+ rushing yards in his final 8 games. However, due to the Skins def Portis' 300+ carries and 30+ receptions still has him in the top 10 IMO.
     
    I see CP as early season production due to him playing the Rams, Lions and Bucs at home. I would say he would be prime trade bait mid-season when his stock is the highest...?
     
    #7  Deangelo Williams   
     
    Williams had 18 freakin TD's in '08 splitting carries.  Why should he not be a top 5?  His schedule is a lot tougher this year. First the Panther's 2008 opponents won 49% of their games, but their 2009 opponents won 59% of their 2008 games. Also take note of the opposing run defenses this year vs. last year...substantially better.  Yes...Williams ave. 5.5 ypc in 2008 but against good defenses (2.7 ypc vs. Minn, 2.8 vs. Chi, 3.6 vs. Atl and 2.5 vs. TB)
     
    Williams benefited mightily playing in the NFC South in 2008.  IMO the NFC South had 4 of the 5 easiest schedules in terms of the quality of opposing run defenses in 2008.  However, in 2009, the schedule is much tougher and the opposing defenses that Carolina face are 2 of the 4 toughest.
    Reply
    # 5 and 6 take your pick:  Cinton Portis and Chris Johnson
     
    L White is a fat toad, but that fat toad puts up numbers some how. I just do not like the guy..reminds of the cry baby TO when he doesn't get the ball.  However, b/c of the RBBC senerio we have in the NFL, White will curse Johnson's numbers but I still like him in this spot.
     
    The kid is one fast mother fucker. He reminds a bit of Barry Sanders ....just a bit!!!  I can't believe I watched Barry Sanders back up Thurman Thomas at a OSU game.  Both ended up being hella backs.  
     
    Just note... Johnson's first half may be shakey.. playing the Steelers, Jets and Jags followed by Colts and the Pats, but the second half of the season look out. Perhaps a good time to look for someone trying to trade him b/c of his first half numbers.      
     
    CP
     
    CP is a prime example why one should look at the strenght of schedule before drafting.  In his first 5 games last year he was lights out (120+ rushing yds per game) then the schedule got tougher and he got banged up only to put up just 100+ rushing yards in his final 8 games. However, due to the Skins def Portis' 300+ carries and 30+ receptions still has him in the top 10 IMO.
     
    I see CP as early season production due to him playing the Rams, Lions and Bucs at home. I would say he would be prime trade bait mid-season when his stock is the highest...?
     
    #7  Deangelo Williams   
     
    Williams had 18 freakin TD's in '08 splitting carries.  Why should he not be a top 5?  His schedule is a lot tougher this year. First the Panther's 2008 opponents won 49% of their games, but their 2009 opponents won 59% of their 2008 games. Also take note of the opposing run defenses this year vs. last year...substantially better.  Yes...Williams ave. 5.5 ypc in 2008 but against good defenses (2.7 ypc vs. Minn, 2.8 vs. Chi, 3.6 vs. Atl and 2.5 vs. TB)
     
    Williams benefited mightily playing in the NFC South in 2008.  IMO the NFC South had 4 of the 5 easiest schedules in terms of the quality of opposing run defenses in 2008.  However, in 2009, the schedule is much tougher and the opposing defenses that Carolina face are 2 of the 4 toughest.
     
    JMon
    JMon
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 3071
    Posted: Jun. 25, 2009 - 9:14 PM ET #43

    # 8 Brian Westbrook
    Reply
    # 8 Brian Westbrook
     
    bracks
    bracks
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 14259
    Posted: Jun. 26, 2009 - 3:20 PM ET #44

    Thx for the feedback guys Really appreciate it.
     
    I always though I would not be able to do it anyway. I just love having Drew Brees. He was part of the reason I bought the team 3 yrs ago. I just love having a pos. locked up that you never really have to look at until a bye week.
     
    It was always my idea to give up D-Will for a 1st RD pk. We have a pretty big league, so the late 1st rd guys (were I am picking already, finished 3rd) would love to jump up for him.
    Reply
    Thx for the feedback guys Really appreciate it.
     
    I always though I would not be able to do it anyway. I just love having Drew Brees. He was part of the reason I bought the team 3 yrs ago. I just love having a pos. locked up that you never really have to look at until a bye week.
     
    It was always my idea to give up D-Will for a 1st RD pk. We have a pretty big league, so the late 1st rd guys (were I am picking already, finished 3rd) would love to jump up for him.
     
     
    MRxKrazz
    MRxKrazz
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 11486
    Posted: Jul. 7, 2009 - 3:47 PM ET #45

    Grade my team or comment on it....thanks...
     
     
    QB Matt Schaub
    WR Andre Johnson
    WR Randy Moss
    WR Lance Moore
    RB Adrian Peterson
    RB Reggie Bush
    TE Jason Witten
    K Jason Elam
    DEF Pittsburgh
     
    Bench below
     
    WR Anthony Gonzalez
    RB Felix jone
    WR Earl Bennett
    RB Larry Johnson
    TE Visanthe Shiancoe

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

    Reply
    Grade my team or comment on it....thanks...
     
     
    QB Matt Schaub
    WR Andre Johnson
    WR Randy Moss
    WR Lance Moore
    RB Adrian Peterson
    RB Reggie Bush
    TE Jason Witten
    K Jason Elam
    DEF Pittsburgh
     
    Bench below
     
    WR Anthony Gonzalez
    RB Felix jone
    WR Earl Bennett
    RB Larry Johnson
    TE Visanthe Shiancoe

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

    All Forums | Fantasy Sports
    «First Previous 12

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 450,651
    • Monday 09/28/2026 811
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,265
    • Eagles vs Bears in-game live MNF 2,530
    • PART DEUX 251
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 59,998
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,400
    • Eagles@Bears discussion 3,648
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 28,553
    • NCAA WEEK 4 *** Parlay Picasso *** 9,368

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.