• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | Fantasy Sports

    ****FANTASY FOOTBALL DISCUSSION****

    12 Next Last»
    JMon
    thorpe
    tsw
    MDAAKD
    Maydaymalone
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 1235
    Posts: 45
    12 Next Last»
     
    JMon
    JMon
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 3071
    Posted: Jun. 14, 2009 - 12:06 AM ET #1

    Hello fellas.  Some of you may know me around the forum, others not.  Anyway, my name is Jesse and I live and breathe NFL. I am a die hard Broncos fan so please do not give me shit about the Cutler trade.  I am on the fence about it anyhow.  I won a rookie card while gambling when I was 14 (yes a true story) and it was John Elway's and I have been a fan thereafter. 
     
    I started playing fantasy football in 1993 (yes it was around).  Those who remember it was soley by MAIL and PHONE.  I remember clearly, I was sixteen calling long distance on my parent's phone trying to make a trade.  I remember having Young, Rice, and Ricky Walters on my team and thought I was the shit. 
     
    I would love to start a collaborative discussion on Fantasy Football. In this segment I would love to discuss each position: QB, RB's, WR's, TE's, K'. and Def's. I want to discuss how each position ranks before the draft and why.  Further, after the draft I would like to continue a collaborative segment in regards to lineups, trades and free agency.
     
    The scoring I use and rate my players is as follows(Offense only):
    4 pts. PassTD
    6 pts. Other TDs
    1 pt. for every 25 passing yards
    -2 points for interceptions
    1 point for every 10 rushing/receiving yards
    -2 for lost fumbles
     
    Fellas we are starting with QB's:  Rank your Fantasy Football QB's and state why.  I will start a new position every Sunday.
     
     
    1: Tom Brady
     
    Reasoning:  Ok I'm nuts picking TB as my first overall QB.  I know Brady is coming off a serious knee injury and well, Moss is probably a step slower as well.  But damn it's TB and the Freak!    Do not forget about Welker  ...most do.!
     
       
     
     
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Hello fellas.  Some of you may know me around the forum, others not.  Anyway, my name is Jesse and I live and breathe NFL. I am a die hard Broncos fan so please do not give me shit about the Cutler trade.  I am on the fence about it anyhow.  I won a rookie card while gambling when I was 14 (yes a true story) and it was John Elway's and I have been a fan thereafter. 
     
    I started playing fantasy football in 1993 (yes it was around).  Those who remember it was soley by MAIL and PHONE.  I remember clearly, I was sixteen calling long distance on my parent's phone trying to make a trade.  I remember having Young, Rice, and Ricky Walters on my team and thought I was the shit. 
     
    I would love to start a collaborative discussion on Fantasy Football. In this segment I would love to discuss each position: QB, RB's, WR's, TE's, K'. and Def's. I want to discuss how each position ranks before the draft and why.  Further, after the draft I would like to continue a collaborative segment in regards to lineups, trades and free agency.
     
    The scoring I use and rate my players is as follows(Offense only):
    4 pts. PassTD
    6 pts. Other TDs
    1 pt. for every 25 passing yards
    -2 points for interceptions
    1 point for every 10 rushing/receiving yards
    -2 for lost fumbles
     
    Fellas we are starting with QB's:  Rank your Fantasy Football QB's and state why.  I will start a new position every Sunday.
     
     
    1: Tom Brady
     
    Reasoning:  Ok I'm nuts picking TB as my first overall QB.  I know Brady is coming off a serious knee injury and well, Moss is probably a step slower as well.  But damn it's TB and the Freak!    Do not forget about Welker  ...most do.!
     
       
     
     
     
    JMon
    JMon
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 3071
    Posted: Jun. 14, 2009 - 12:50 AM ET #2

    I just wanted to note that my thoughts are based on my own and a couple of different web- based resources.   I know Covers is against listing sites, but I want to share my research and those of others.  So please don't question my work.
     
    2:  Kurt Warner
     
    Reasoning: Ok don't laugh, I know the guy is older than the hills. But damn he has Fitzgerald...Boldin who?. Keep in mind this old fart HAS the weakest competition of any Top 20 Fantasy QB as far as opponent's passing def..  Hello.. he plays against STL, SF and SEA and to top it off Detroit in week 15.  However one should worry, the guy is 38 and is injury prone. 
    Reply
    I just wanted to note that my thoughts are based on my own and a couple of different web- based resources.   I know Covers is against listing sites, but I want to share my research and those of others.  So please don't question my work.
     
    2:  Kurt Warner
     
    Reasoning: Ok don't laugh, I know the guy is older than the hills. But damn he has Fitzgerald...Boldin who?. Keep in mind this old fart HAS the weakest competition of any Top 20 Fantasy QB as far as opponent's passing def..  Hello.. he plays against STL, SF and SEA and to top it off Detroit in week 15.  However one should worry, the guy is 38 and is injury prone. 
     
    JMon
    JMon
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 3071
    Posted: Jun. 14, 2009 - 12:54 AM ET #3

    Please note my scoring system above....MY selections are based on that.
    Reply
    Please note my scoring system above....MY selections are based on that.
     
    thorpe
    thorpe
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2002
    Posts: 12927
    Posted: Jun. 14, 2009 - 6:15 PM ET #4

    Drew Brees?
    Reply
    Drew Brees?
     
    JMon
    JMon
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 3071
    Posted: Jun. 14, 2009 - 7:41 PM ET #5

    Hello Thorpe....thanks for stopping by.  I have Brees at no. 4.
     
    3. Aaron Rodgers
     
    Reasoning:  Ok the Pack sucked last year but that doesn't scare me away for Rodgers at my number 3.  He did put up some good stats last yeear (4038 yds, 28 Tds, 63.6% completion rating). He did have an easy "opponent pass defense" schedule last year and by the looks of it...doesn't seem to get much harder in 2009.  I think he will have more TDs this year and a much better TD:INT ratio as he should feel more comfortable at the helm.  The packers 2009 opponents won just 43% of their games in 2008 which may mean the Packers may find themself ahead in the 4th resulting in more rushing attempts thus deceasing Rodgers' pass attempts.  Therefore, I think his passing yardage will be a bit down this year.
     
    4. Drew Brees
     
    Reasoning:  I think Brees should have the year he did in 2008.  A healthy Reggie Bush will pad his completion percentage and provide a RB receiving threat.  I see P. Thomas running great this year, which hopefully the Saints will utilize the play action. Hopefully Colston can remain healthy which will open up the passing game.  The only thing that scares me about Brees is the Saints have harder schedule this year than 2008.  Last year, opponents won 50% of their games vs. 56% this year.  Brees will have tougher look at opposing defenes' this year.
     
     
    Reply
    Hello Thorpe....thanks for stopping by.  I have Brees at no. 4.
     
    3. Aaron Rodgers
     
    Reasoning:  Ok the Pack sucked last year but that doesn't scare me away for Rodgers at my number 3.  He did put up some good stats last yeear (4038 yds, 28 Tds, 63.6% completion rating). He did have an easy "opponent pass defense" schedule last year and by the looks of it...doesn't seem to get much harder in 2009.  I think he will have more TDs this year and a much better TD:INT ratio as he should feel more comfortable at the helm.  The packers 2009 opponents won just 43% of their games in 2008 which may mean the Packers may find themself ahead in the 4th resulting in more rushing attempts thus deceasing Rodgers' pass attempts.  Therefore, I think his passing yardage will be a bit down this year.
     
    4. Drew Brees
     
    Reasoning:  I think Brees should have the year he did in 2008.  A healthy Reggie Bush will pad his completion percentage and provide a RB receiving threat.  I see P. Thomas running great this year, which hopefully the Saints will utilize the play action. Hopefully Colston can remain healthy which will open up the passing game.  The only thing that scares me about Brees is the Saints have harder schedule this year than 2008.  Last year, opponents won 50% of their games vs. 56% this year.  Brees will have tougher look at opposing defenes' this year.
     
     
     
    tsw
    tsw
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2006
    Posts: 12677
    Posted: Jun. 14, 2009 - 7:53 PM ET #6

    I have Brees #1 as well.
    Reply
    I have Brees #1 as well.
     
    MDAAKD
    MDAAKD
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 4224
    Posted: Jun. 14, 2009 - 8:23 PM ET #7

    Brees is #1 without a doubt.
    Reply
    Brees is #1 without a doubt.
     
    JMon
    JMon
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 3071
    Posted: Jun. 14, 2009 - 9:58 PM ET #8

    Hello tsw and mdaakd.  Thanks for stopping my.  I do believe Brees in number one QB in many drafts this year.  Keep in mind the teams Brees plays against in the Fantasy Playoffs.
     
    #5 Peyton Manning
     
    Reasoning:  Peyton was recovering from injury which probably explains his 27 TD performance.  But damn the man still had a 95 passer rating. Peyton does faces a weaker opposing pass defence than he did in 2008, therefore 30+ TDs should come easy.  Like Brees, Peyton faces a nasty ending schedule which is ultimately some players Fantasy Playoffs.  Week 13 Titans and at Jacksonville week 15.  He also plays a "going to be improved" def of the Jets in week 16 and a usually bad weathered game at the Bill in Week 17.  So one should take note of this.  You can cruise with Manning all season and end up losing in the Playoffs...bummer.   
    Reply
    Hello tsw and mdaakd.  Thanks for stopping my.  I do believe Brees in number one QB in many drafts this year.  Keep in mind the teams Brees plays against in the Fantasy Playoffs.
     
    #5 Peyton Manning
     
    Reasoning:  Peyton was recovering from injury which probably explains his 27 TD performance.  But damn the man still had a 95 passer rating. Peyton does faces a weaker opposing pass defence than he did in 2008, therefore 30+ TDs should come easy.  Like Brees, Peyton faces a nasty ending schedule which is ultimately some players Fantasy Playoffs.  Week 13 Titans and at Jacksonville week 15.  He also plays a "going to be improved" def of the Jets in week 16 and a usually bad weathered game at the Bill in Week 17.  So one should take note of this.  You can cruise with Manning all season and end up losing in the Playoffs...bummer.   
     
    Maydaymalone
    Maydaymalone
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2009
    Posts: 6009
    Posted: Jun. 15, 2009 - 9:27 AM ET #9

    Eli Manning should be last LOL
    Reply
    Eli Manning should be last LOL
     
    bracks
    bracks
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 14259
    Posted: Jun. 15, 2009 - 9:40 AM ET #10


    I have had Brees for 3 yrs now (Keeper league) and when we made our league bigger last yr, I even keep him w/ AP instead of Fitz.

    Now, I guess what you have to state, is what kinda league is it? I have pretty much the same as you. Brees has been top the past 2. I think IF he has a healthy Shock, Bush and Colston, he gets around 5k again. Shock opens the middle, Colston spreads them thin, and Bush should make those 3yrd catches turn into 30yrd TD's. 

    Warner- Up there in to 3 again IF Boldin is still there and wants to play there.

    Brady- Has to be in Top 2.

    Peyton- He can't be dropped below 4 IMO.

    Rivers- I think this might be a yr they attack thru the air to save LT a lil. Could be around No.5 in stats.

    Reply

    I have had Brees for 3 yrs now (Keeper league) and when we made our league bigger last yr, I even keep him w/ AP instead of Fitz.

    Now, I guess what you have to state, is what kinda league is it? I have pretty much the same as you. Brees has been top the past 2. I think IF he has a healthy Shock, Bush and Colston, he gets around 5k again. Shock opens the middle, Colston spreads them thin, and Bush should make those 3yrd catches turn into 30yrd TD's. 

    Warner- Up there in to 3 again IF Boldin is still there and wants to play there.

    Brady- Has to be in Top 2.

    Peyton- He can't be dropped below 4 IMO.

    Rivers- I think this might be a yr they attack thru the air to save LT a lil. Could be around No.5 in stats.

     
    JMon
    JMon
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 3071
    Posted: Jun. 15, 2009 - 8:38 PM ET #11

    Maydaymalone and Bracks thanks for stopping by.
     
    #6 McNasty
     
    I wonder why McNabb stays around and puts up with the Eagles organization.  I mean damn they are constantly looking for a replacement.  However, I do like that they are finally putting some talent around him.. DeSean Jackson last year and Jeremy Maclin this year.  Also Curtis is still a deep threat, but the dude needs to stay healthy.  Hopefully Westbrook holds up and stays healthy which always adds additional value to McNabb.
     
    I really think that McNabb will not do much better than last year (3900 yds,, 24 TDs and 11 picks).  He does face a weaker opposing pass defense this year than last, but the Eagles were forced to pass EVEN more than normal last year due to injuries and strong opposing running defenses.  That being said, the Eagles face a much weaker run defense this year compared to last and with the addition of McCoy to help carry load...IMO the Eagle's running game should be more effective which should ultimately even out the load of passing and running plays.  I think this approach with help the Eagles this year, but not McNabb's numbers.
     
    # 7 Jay Cutler
     
    Ahhh... it is very painful for me to write about Jay.  The once heart, soul and future face of the Broncos now passes for the Bears due to nasty communication skills between two babies.  
     
    The only reason why I see Cutler being this high to due to his scrambling ability, which he should use most often in Chi town.  I can see him rushing 250+.   The only reason why Cutler had  decent passing yards last year was due to the Broncos loss of 6 starting rb's which forced Cutler to throw 60% of the time (467 passing attempts in '07 to 616 in 2008).   In 616 attempts Cutler only had 25 TD's which is shit in my books.  Compare- Rivers 478 attemps and 34 TD's and Rodgers 28 TDs on 536 attempts.
     
    I also think that the Bears will continue to be a run first team with Forte. However that could open things up for the passing game.  Finally there is question regarding the WRs in Chicago. So less attempts, less talented WR corps, tougher opposing pass defenses and a hot-head showboat that slings the ball into INTs means modest numbers IMO.  Ask me why I put him a # 7... the dude might prove us wrong.  
    Reply
    Maydaymalone and Bracks thanks for stopping by.
     
    #6 McNasty
     
    I wonder why McNabb stays around and puts up with the Eagles organization.  I mean damn they are constantly looking for a replacement.  However, I do like that they are finally putting some talent around him.. DeSean Jackson last year and Jeremy Maclin this year.  Also Curtis is still a deep threat, but the dude needs to stay healthy.  Hopefully Westbrook holds up and stays healthy which always adds additional value to McNabb.
     
    I really think that McNabb will not do much better than last year (3900 yds,, 24 TDs and 11 picks).  He does face a weaker opposing pass defense this year than last, but the Eagles were forced to pass EVEN more than normal last year due to injuries and strong opposing running defenses.  That being said, the Eagles face a much weaker run defense this year compared to last and with the addition of McCoy to help carry load...IMO the Eagle's running game should be more effective which should ultimately even out the load of passing and running plays.  I think this approach with help the Eagles this year, but not McNabb's numbers.
     
    # 7 Jay Cutler
     
    Ahhh... it is very painful for me to write about Jay.  The once heart, soul and future face of the Broncos now passes for the Bears due to nasty communication skills between two babies.  
     
    The only reason why I see Cutler being this high to due to his scrambling ability, which he should use most often in Chi town.  I can see him rushing 250+.   The only reason why Cutler had  decent passing yards last year was due to the Broncos loss of 6 starting rb's which forced Cutler to throw 60% of the time (467 passing attempts in '07 to 616 in 2008).   In 616 attempts Cutler only had 25 TD's which is shit in my books.  Compare- Rivers 478 attemps and 34 TD's and Rodgers 28 TDs on 536 attempts.
     
    I also think that the Bears will continue to be a run first team with Forte. However that could open things up for the passing game.  Finally there is question regarding the WRs in Chicago. So less attempts, less talented WR corps, tougher opposing pass defenses and a hot-head showboat that slings the ball into INTs means modest numbers IMO.  Ask me why I put him a # 7... the dude might prove us wrong.  
     
    DoubleUp4Life
    DoubleUp4Life
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 66896
    Posted: Jun. 16, 2009 - 1:10 AM ET #12

    Brees #1
    BEST OF HEALTH, HAPPINESS,WEALTH, BLESSINGS and LUCK TO ALL !!
    Reply
    Brees #1
     
    MDAAKD
    MDAAKD
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 4224
    Posted: Jun. 16, 2009 - 9:56 AM ET #13

    Cutler at #7 lol.  Come on man (Cris Carter voice) ! 
    Reply
    Cutler at #7 lol.  Come on man (Cris Carter voice) ! 
     
    JMon
    JMon
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 3071
    Posted: Jun. 16, 2009 - 11:17 AM ET #14

    I am laughing a bit too...  Being a Broncos fan...I hope the guy falls on his ass this year.  He will be running is ass off up there in Chi giving him additional fantasy value  
    Reply
    I am laughing a bit too...  Being a Broncos fan...I hope the guy falls on his ass this year.  He will be running is ass off up there in Chi giving him additional fantasy value  
     
    MDAAKD
    MDAAKD
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 4224
    Posted: Jun. 16, 2009 - 11:34 AM ET #15

    Well, the Vikings and Packers have very quick defenses, which you need vs. a guy like Cutler.  Plus, 60% of Chicago's offensive line is NEW BLOOD.  They have never played a snap together.  This could be a recipe for disaster.  The Chicago media will have a field day ripping Cutler.
    Reply
    Well, the Vikings and Packers have very quick defenses, which you need vs. a guy like Cutler.  Plus, 60% of Chicago's offensive line is NEW BLOOD.  They have never played a snap together.  This could be a recipe for disaster.  The Chicago media will have a field day ripping Cutler.
     
    JMon
    JMon
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 3071
    Posted: Jun. 16, 2009 - 7:33 PM ET #16

    # 8 Matt Hasselbeck
     
    What Matt Hasselbeck at #8?  That's right, of course this is preleminary.  I mean the dude is good to above average QB.  Not only was he injured last year, but there was serious injuires at the WR position.  When he did play..he never had any rythem with his WR's-  it seemed like there was someone new at the position every week.  Also, he faced tougher matchups last year when he was used too.
     
    Now Hasselbeck has TJ Housh and IMO will be a dynamic duo this year.  He also faces a weaker opposing passer defense than last year and should really benefit from this down the stretch (weeks 9-12) when he plays against Det., STL, ARI and Minn who seems to be able to stop the run but not the pass.   
     
    #  9 Big Ben
     
    First, it is a good thing that the scoring system I use doesn't account for sacks because he would be well below the number 9 rank on my list. I mean, the guy takes a pounding ave around 46 sacks a year.  The good news is Ben has a improving offensive line and easier opposing pass defense schedule than he did in '08. 
     
    I think and as others believe Big Ben will have a better year than last.  Simply because he has a easier schedule than last year. Yes, the super bowl champs do.  The combined winning percentage of his 2008 opponents was 53%, but the 2009 opponents won just 43% of their games.  I do not think Ben will perform as he did in 2007, because the Steelers will likely be playing ahead in most games this season.  Thus less pass attempts and more rushing in the second half or 4th quarter.
     
      
    Reply
    # 8 Matt Hasselbeck
     
    What Matt Hasselbeck at #8?  That's right, of course this is preleminary.  I mean the dude is good to above average QB.  Not only was he injured last year, but there was serious injuires at the WR position.  When he did play..he never had any rythem with his WR's-  it seemed like there was someone new at the position every week.  Also, he faced tougher matchups last year when he was used too.
     
    Now Hasselbeck has TJ Housh and IMO will be a dynamic duo this year.  He also faces a weaker opposing passer defense than last year and should really benefit from this down the stretch (weeks 9-12) when he plays against Det., STL, ARI and Minn who seems to be able to stop the run but not the pass.   
     
    #  9 Big Ben
     
    First, it is a good thing that the scoring system I use doesn't account for sacks because he would be well below the number 9 rank on my list. I mean, the guy takes a pounding ave around 46 sacks a year.  The good news is Ben has a improving offensive line and easier opposing pass defense schedule than he did in '08. 
     
    I think and as others believe Big Ben will have a better year than last.  Simply because he has a easier schedule than last year. Yes, the super bowl champs do.  The combined winning percentage of his 2008 opponents was 53%, but the 2009 opponents won just 43% of their games.  I do not think Ben will perform as he did in 2007, because the Steelers will likely be playing ahead in most games this season.  Thus less pass attempts and more rushing in the second half or 4th quarter.
     
      
     
    JMon
    JMon
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 3071
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2009 - 9:50 PM ET #17

    # 10 Tony Romo or Matt Schaub or Philip Rivers

    Why is person so low?  The cowboys running backs and the loss of Owens.  Owens was a pest, but he scored a lot of TDs.  That being said....the Cowboys will find out that the running game will be their vice this year.  Barber, Jones and Choice ....holy shit!!!! and now they are not forced to throw the ball to Owens. Therefore, I think the boys will go a long way this year because of this, but could Romo's fantasy production.

    Well fellas here are my top 10 or so QB's for fantasy football this year and reasonings why I thinks so.  I apprecitate those who provided some feedback.  I thought this would generate a lot of dicussion but I guess I'm the only on addicted to the game. Or perhaps its to early for some. I will continue on with the running backs if any one is interested. Otherwise I am signing off.   Peace fellas. GL  

     

     

     

    Reply

    # 10 Tony Romo or Matt Schaub or Philip Rivers

    Why is person so low?  The cowboys running backs and the loss of Owens.  Owens was a pest, but he scored a lot of TDs.  That being said....the Cowboys will find out that the running game will be their vice this year.  Barber, Jones and Choice ....holy shit!!!! and now they are not forced to throw the ball to Owens. Therefore, I think the boys will go a long way this year because of this, but could Romo's fantasy production.

    Well fellas here are my top 10 or so QB's for fantasy football this year and reasonings why I thinks so.  I apprecitate those who provided some feedback.  I thought this would generate a lot of dicussion but I guess I'm the only on addicted to the game. Or perhaps its to early for some. I will continue on with the running backs if any one is interested. Otherwise I am signing off.   Peace fellas. GL  

     

     

     

     
    tito40
    tito40
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2004
    Posts: 21700
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2009 - 11:06 PM ET #18

    I'm drawing an absolute blank on the kid for the FAlcons - Matt...

    how can he not be in the top 10???


    i'm really drunk n hi so it's acceptable to blank out
    Reply
    I'm drawing an absolute blank on the kid for the FAlcons - Matt...

    how can he not be in the top 10???


    i'm really drunk n hi so it's acceptable to blank out
     
    MDAAKD
    MDAAKD
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 4224
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2009 - 11:19 PM ET #19

    I would have Schaub higher IMO.  Keep them coming.
    Reply
    I would have Schaub higher IMO.  Keep them coming.
     
    JMon
    JMon
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 3071
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2009 - 11:37 PM ET #20

    LOL ditto tito... been celebrating my comeback in the MLB.  I was down around 18 units and now in the last three days I'm back to even. I post all my plays in my playbook if anyone gives a shit.  I do play money management, but my down fall is I'm an action junkie- in rehab!  I am no capper by any means!
     
    As far as Falcons - Matt.. Ok he (and Flacco) had a great rookie year.....really unheard of in the NFL.  But OK now he has experience and new addititon Gonzo, but have you analyzed his upcoming schedule?  His 2009 opponents won 59% of their 2008 games vs. 47% in 2008. Plus his opposing pass defense this year is much better than last.
     
    If you think about it.. Ryan did not have a geat year.  His TD:INT ratio sucked and he benefited by playing 8 games against the bottom 10 defenses in the league.  Take a look at his rating against the top 10 defenses!  Not very good.  This should say a lot about his running back!   
    Reply
    LOL ditto tito... been celebrating my comeback in the MLB.  I was down around 18 units and now in the last three days I'm back to even. I post all my plays in my playbook if anyone gives a shit.  I do play money management, but my down fall is I'm an action junkie- in rehab!  I am no capper by any means!
     
    As far as Falcons - Matt.. Ok he (and Flacco) had a great rookie year.....really unheard of in the NFL.  But OK now he has experience and new addititon Gonzo, but have you analyzed his upcoming schedule?  His 2009 opponents won 59% of their 2008 games vs. 47% in 2008. Plus his opposing pass defense this year is much better than last.
     
    If you think about it.. Ryan did not have a geat year.  His TD:INT ratio sucked and he benefited by playing 8 games against the bottom 10 defenses in the league.  Take a look at his rating against the top 10 defenses!  Not very good.  This should say a lot about his running back!   
     
    JMon
    JMon
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 3071
    Posted: Jun. 17, 2009 - 11:57 PM ET #21

    Quote Originally Posted by MDAAKD:

    I would have Schaub higher IMO.  Keep them coming.

    I agree my bro.  Has he only played 11 games in Houston?   He has hella potential, but can he stay healthy?  I love the guy, but just can risk a top 10 (QB) pick on this guy.  I will probably proved wrong this year.  He is definently a risk with HIGH reward pick, due to a relatively soft schedule. His opposing pass defense is much better than last year. However, keep in mind when drafting (weeks 9 to 12) bye week 10 and plays IND, TEN and IND.  You may need a heavy win:loss ratio if you riding him into the playoffs.  

     

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by MDAAKD:

    I would have Schaub higher IMO.  Keep them coming.

    I agree my bro.  Has he only played 11 games in Houston?   He has hella potential, but can he stay healthy?  I love the guy, but just can risk a top 10 (QB) pick on this guy.  I will probably proved wrong this year.  He is definently a risk with HIGH reward pick, due to a relatively soft schedule. His opposing pass defense is much better than last year. However, keep in mind when drafting (weeks 9 to 12) bye week 10 and plays IND, TEN and IND.  You may need a heavy win:loss ratio if you riding him into the playoffs.  

     

     
    SteelHop
    SteelHop
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 748
    Posted: Jun. 19, 2009 - 3:03 PM ET #22

    Quote Originally Posted by JMon:


     
     
    1: Tom Brady
     
    Reasoning:  Ok I'm nuts picking TB as my first overall QB.  I know Brady is coming off a serious knee injury and well, Moss is probably a step slower as well.  But damn it's TB and the Freak!    Do not forget about Welker  ...most do.!
     
       
     
     

    Yes, you are nuts.  There is no way... given his injury status I would take Tom Brady as the number 1 Qb.  To many unknowns about his knee to warrant this selection.  

    If you want a comparison... look at Culpepper and Palmer to demonstrate how important a knee ligament and it being reconstructed are for a QB.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JMon:


     
     
    1: Tom Brady
     
    Reasoning:  Ok I'm nuts picking TB as my first overall QB.  I know Brady is coming off a serious knee injury and well, Moss is probably a step slower as well.  But damn it's TB and the Freak!    Do not forget about Welker  ...most do.!
     
       
     
     

    Yes, you are nuts.  There is no way... given his injury status I would take Tom Brady as the number 1 Qb.  To many unknowns about his knee to warrant this selection.  

    If you want a comparison... look at Culpepper and Palmer to demonstrate how important a knee ligament and it being reconstructed are for a QB.
     
    JMon
    JMon
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 3071
    Posted: Jun. 19, 2009 - 4:25 PM ET #23

    You make a very good point..steelhop.  Got me thinking.
    Reply
    You make a very good point..steelhop.  Got me thinking.
     
    Whodeysb09
    Whodeysb09
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 14372
    Posted: Jun. 20, 2009 - 4:56 AM ET #24

    Carson Palmer is going to have a big season this year.
    Reply
    Carson Palmer is going to have a big season this year.
     
     
    Gennaro53
    Gennaro53
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 4141
    Posted: Jun. 22, 2009 - 7:08 PM ET #25

    I STILL believe romo will have a good year for fantasy.. That might be just me though
    Reply
    I STILL believe romo will have a good year for fantasy.. That might be just me though
    All Forums | Fantasy Sports
    12 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 450,648
    • Monday 09/28/2026 811
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,263
    • PART DEUX 248
    • Eagles vs Bears in-game live MNF 2,311
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 59,998
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,400
    • Eagles@Bears discussion 3,642
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 28,552
    • NCAA WEEK 4 *** Parlay Picasso *** 9,361

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.