• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | College Football

    Why You Shouldn't Bet Against the SEC in Bowl Season

    «First Previous 12345 Next Last»
    Ap1Bfreetorun
    -29-
    Ice4Blood
    gambling-devil
    Warblade
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 7807
    Posts: 118
    «First Previous 12345 Next Last»
     
    Ap1Bfreetorun
    Ap1Bfreetorun
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 7205
    Posted: Dec. 8, 2009 - 9:06 PM ET #76

    Thanks for the write-ups.  I also like the top teams of the PAC-10 this year.  I will NOT bet against any SEC team in the bowls, may pass a few games.  I, too, like Florida, Alabama and LSU.  Also Oregon.  Others pending...
    Reply
    Thanks for the write-ups.  I also like the top teams of the PAC-10 this year.  I will NOT bet against any SEC team in the bowls, may pass a few games.  I, too, like Florida, Alabama and LSU.  Also Oregon.  Others pending...
     
    -29-
    -29-
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2009
    Posts: 3307
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2009 - 1:23 AM ET #77

     I love the SEC and study it's teams more than the rest of the conferences combined and I'm a bit concerned about the early flurry of coaches who will be leaving their teams before their "Bowl Games". Tenessee,LSU,and Georgia will all be without multiple coaches and Florida will be without DC Charlie Strong (although Cincy will be without HC Brian Kelly).South Carolina's DC Ellis Johnson and 'Bama DC Kirby Smart are being coveted by UGA to replace their departed DC Willie Martinez and 'Bama's LB coach is being courted by FSU to replace their retiring DC Mickey Andrews.

     Coaching vacancies aren't always a roadblock (Tennessee won the BCS championship even after OC David Cutcliffe left to coach Ole Miss with RB coach Randy Sanders calling the plays in the Fiesta Bowl),but I always like to consider them as part of my capping strategy.

    Reply

     I love the SEC and study it's teams more than the rest of the conferences combined and I'm a bit concerned about the early flurry of coaches who will be leaving their teams before their "Bowl Games". Tenessee,LSU,and Georgia will all be without multiple coaches and Florida will be without DC Charlie Strong (although Cincy will be without HC Brian Kelly).South Carolina's DC Ellis Johnson and 'Bama DC Kirby Smart are being coveted by UGA to replace their departed DC Willie Martinez and 'Bama's LB coach is being courted by FSU to replace their retiring DC Mickey Andrews.

     Coaching vacancies aren't always a roadblock (Tennessee won the BCS championship even after OC David Cutcliffe left to coach Ole Miss with RB coach Randy Sanders calling the plays in the Fiesta Bowl),but I always like to consider them as part of my capping strategy.

     
    Ice4Blood
    Ice4Blood
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 11845
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2009 - 1:36 AM ET #78

    Quote Originally Posted by Osirus13:

    Im going to bet against every sec team i dont care if i lose money. Conference arguments are so gay

    that seems like a strong argument and not very gay...

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Osirus13:

    Im going to bet against every sec team i dont care if i lose money. Conference arguments are so gay

    that seems like a strong argument and not very gay...

     
    gambling-devil
    gambling-devil
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 18584
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2009 - 2:02 AM ET #79

    Quote Originally Posted by Osirus13:

    Im going to bet against every sec team i dont care if i lose money. Conference arguments are so gay


    I would not as far as betting against every SEC team this bowl season but I will bet against many of them.

    Overall, they will be 50% ATS at best

    Lets wait and see


    Every day out of the red is a big win.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Osirus13:

    Im going to bet against every sec team i dont care if i lose money. Conference arguments are so gay


    I would not as far as betting against every SEC team this bowl season but I will bet against many of them.

    Overall, they will be 50% ATS at best

    Lets wait and see


     
    Warblade
    Warblade
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2005
    Posts: 2143
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2009 - 2:53 AM ET #80

    I still can't believe LSU is getting +3, despite the Tigers disappointing year. I thought they would be favored by 3. They are in my opinion, the best prepared SEC team in bowl games, the last few years, beating opponents by double-digit margin and dominating the majority of the game, despite what happens to them during regular season.

    Florida is going to run Cincinnati out of the building.
    Reply
    I still can't believe LSU is getting +3, despite the Tigers disappointing year. I thought they would be favored by 3. They are in my opinion, the best prepared SEC team in bowl games, the last few years, beating opponents by double-digit margin and dominating the majority of the game, despite what happens to them during regular season.

    Florida is going to run Cincinnati out of the building.
     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2009 - 2:47 PM ET #81

    Quote Originally Posted by Warblade:

    I still can't believe LSU is getting +3, despite the Tigers disappointing year. I thought they would be favored by 3. They are in my opinion, the best prepared SEC team in bowl games, the last few years, beating opponents by double-digit margin and dominating the majority of the game, despite what happens to them during regular season.

    Florida is going to run Cincinnati out of the building.

    I agree with everything you say Warblade, and have said as much in another post.

    I have been one of the biggest critics of Les Miles from day one, and have been often criticized on this board over the years for because of it.  I have consistently called him the "village idiot," and he has sure lived up to my expectations this season.  But as much as I don't like Lesie,  he has performed phenominally in all of his bowl games as head coach of LSU.  I think that is partially due to the fact he under performs during the course of the regular season, and ends up playing an overmatched foe in the bowl game.  Nevertheless, I LOVE LSU getting points here.

    Of course I also agree with your assessment of the Florida/Cincy matchup.  That is probably the biggest mismatch of the bowl season IMHO.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Warblade:

    I still can't believe LSU is getting +3, despite the Tigers disappointing year. I thought they would be favored by 3. They are in my opinion, the best prepared SEC team in bowl games, the last few years, beating opponents by double-digit margin and dominating the majority of the game, despite what happens to them during regular season.

    Florida is going to run Cincinnati out of the building.

    I agree with everything you say Warblade, and have said as much in another post.

    I have been one of the biggest critics of Les Miles from day one, and have been often criticized on this board over the years for because of it.  I have consistently called him the "village idiot," and he has sure lived up to my expectations this season.  But as much as I don't like Lesie,  he has performed phenominally in all of his bowl games as head coach of LSU.  I think that is partially due to the fact he under performs during the course of the regular season, and ends up playing an overmatched foe in the bowl game.  Nevertheless, I LOVE LSU getting points here.

    Of course I also agree with your assessment of the Florida/Cincy matchup.  That is probably the biggest mismatch of the bowl season IMHO.

     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2009 - 2:49 PM ET #82

    Quote Originally Posted by gambling-devil:



    I would not as far as betting against every SEC team this bowl season but I will bet against many of them.

    Overall, they will be 50% ATS at best

    Lets wait and see


    I will also agree to hold all of you anti-SEC bets for whatever amount you want to bet (except Tennessee which is a sinking ship at this point).

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by gambling-devil:



    I would not as far as betting against every SEC team this bowl season but I will bet against many of them.

    Overall, they will be 50% ATS at best

    Lets wait and see


    I will also agree to hold all of you anti-SEC bets for whatever amount you want to bet (except Tennessee which is a sinking ship at this point).

     
    topperchris
    topperchris
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2005
    Posts: 1324
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2009 - 3:15 PM ET #83

    GL..Hell KY has won 3 straight bowl games and there bottom of SEC most of the yrs
    Reply
    GL..Hell KY has won 3 straight bowl games and there bottom of SEC most of the yrs
     
    johnnylongballs
    johnnylongballs
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2009
    Posts: 2
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2009 - 5:07 PM ET #84

    Good luck with your strategy. The game everybody keeps bringing up is the Alabama Utah game. Alabama lost to Florida last year in the SEC Championship, a game that would have put them in the Nat'l Championship. Does everyone really think Bama had their whole heart into playing Utah after missing out on a chance to play in the Nat'l Championship?

    Reply

    Good luck with your strategy. The game everybody keeps bringing up is the Alabama Utah game. Alabama lost to Florida last year in the SEC Championship, a game that would have put them in the Nat'l Championship. Does everyone really think Bama had their whole heart into playing Utah after missing out on a chance to play in the Nat'l Championship?

     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Dec. 9, 2009 - 10:29 PM ET #85

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnylongballs:

    Good luck with your strategy. The game everybody keeps bringing up is the Alabama Utah game. Alabama lost to Florida last year in the SEC Championship, a game that would have put them in the Nat'l Championship. Does everyone really think Bama had their whole heart into playing Utah after missing out on a chance to play in the Nat'l Championship?

    There were many intagible working against Bama last year, but despite Bama's loss, the SEC was still 6 & 2 ATS.  On it's face, the Florida/Cincy bears many of the same characteristics of the Bama/Utah game from last season.

    Florida lost the SECCG and accordingly got matched up with an undefeated team from an inferior conference, and they are 10 point favorites.  But because all of the Kelly to Notre Dame hullabaloo, and this being Tebow's misty ride into the sunset, I would say the intagibles clearly favor the Gators at this point.

    I have never said ALL SEC teams would cover, but I do believe that at least 7 or 8 will.  Could there be another Bama/Utah type of a game again this season?  Sure there can.  But even if there is one, I'm confident the SEC will again dominate this bowl season.

    Right now, with all the drama that's going on in Knoxville, the only SEC team I really don't like is Tennessee.

     

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnylongballs:

    Good luck with your strategy. The game everybody keeps bringing up is the Alabama Utah game. Alabama lost to Florida last year in the SEC Championship, a game that would have put them in the Nat'l Championship. Does everyone really think Bama had their whole heart into playing Utah after missing out on a chance to play in the Nat'l Championship?

    There were many intagible working against Bama last year, but despite Bama's loss, the SEC was still 6 & 2 ATS.  On it's face, the Florida/Cincy bears many of the same characteristics of the Bama/Utah game from last season.

    Florida lost the SECCG and accordingly got matched up with an undefeated team from an inferior conference, and they are 10 point favorites.  But because all of the Kelly to Notre Dame hullabaloo, and this being Tebow's misty ride into the sunset, I would say the intagibles clearly favor the Gators at this point.

    I have never said ALL SEC teams would cover, but I do believe that at least 7 or 8 will.  Could there be another Bama/Utah type of a game again this season?  Sure there can.  But even if there is one, I'm confident the SEC will again dominate this bowl season.

    Right now, with all the drama that's going on in Knoxville, the only SEC team I really don't like is Tennessee.

     

     
    Crusher13
    Crusher13
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 8063
    Posted: Dec. 10, 2009 - 12:34 AM ET #86

    I don't have feel about other SEC bowl games but I know they'll do real well against the LITTLE 12. TEXAS gets crushed by BAMA, Osu sucks w/o Dez and A&m will get drilled OU(85-10) style either way. FADE BIG(I mean little)12 this bowl season
    Reply
    I don't have feel about other SEC bowl games but I know they'll do real well against the LITTLE 12. TEXAS gets crushed by BAMA, Osu sucks w/o Dez and A&m will get drilled OU(85-10) style either way. FADE BIG(I mean little)12 this bowl season
     
    jwheels86
    jwheels86
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 16182
    Posted: Dec. 10, 2009 - 12:51 AM ET #87

    Are you like a Texas A&M fan?
    Reply
    Are you like a Texas A&M fan?
     
    Crusher13
    Crusher13
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 8063
    Posted: Dec. 10, 2009 - 1:02 AM ET #88

    The Little 12 is just not that strong this year. Texas has been exposed. Tech is pass happy with their rotating QB's but CAN play good D when it really wants to. OU is only good as Landry Jones is that day. A&M is Jekyll and Hyde. Baylor was at least consistent. OSU lost Dez and can't score if they wanted to. THe NORTH was just as weak when the winner (NEB) could only gain 104 yards against TX
    (albeit they knew they couldn't pass.) Mizzou inconsistent. Anybody else worth mentioning? NOT!!!!!!
    Reply
    The Little 12 is just not that strong this year. Texas has been exposed. Tech is pass happy with their rotating QB's but CAN play good D when it really wants to. OU is only good as Landry Jones is that day. A&M is Jekyll and Hyde. Baylor was at least consistent. OSU lost Dez and can't score if they wanted to. THe NORTH was just as weak when the winner (NEB) could only gain 104 yards against TX
    (albeit they knew they couldn't pass.) Mizzou inconsistent. Anybody else worth mentioning? NOT!!!!!!
     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Dec. 18, 2009 - 2:43 AM ET #89

    These are the SEC plays that I will definitely be on.

    Kentucky +7.5 (Best Bet)

    Georgia -7

    LSU +2.5

    Florida -11.5 (Best Bet)

    South Carolina -4.5

    Ole Miss -3

    Arkansas -7.5

    Bama -4.5 (Best Bet)

    I initially said I would play on any SEC team getting points, but due to considerable distractions in Knoxville, I definitely won't be playing Tennessee.  The Vols appear to be a sinking ship at this point.  See my Tennessee link for more info:

    https://www.covers.com/postingforum/post01/showmessage.aspx?spt=33&sub=100612028

    I'm still mulling a play on Auburn, but right now I'm inclined to lay off.  If this thing drops below 7, I may bite.

     

    Reply

    These are the SEC plays that I will definitely be on.

    Kentucky +7.5 (Best Bet)

    Georgia -7

    LSU +2.5

    Florida -11.5 (Best Bet)

    South Carolina -4.5

    Ole Miss -3

    Arkansas -7.5

    Bama -4.5 (Best Bet)

    I initially said I would play on any SEC team getting points, but due to considerable distractions in Knoxville, I definitely won't be playing Tennessee.  The Vols appear to be a sinking ship at this point.  See my Tennessee link for more info:

    https://www.covers.com/postingforum/post01/showmessage.aspx?spt=33&sub=100612028

    I'm still mulling a play on Auburn, but right now I'm inclined to lay off.  If this thing drops below 7, I may bite.

     

     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Dec. 21, 2009 - 3:58 AM ET #90

    Will add a non-SEC bet.

    Utah +3.5

    Reply

    Will add a non-SEC bet.

    Utah +3.5

     
    choiOi
    choiOi
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 5702
    Posted: Dec. 21, 2009 - 11:48 AM ET #91

    I agree with your take and won't bet against the SEC in the Bowls....matter of fact, I am sitting out the Bowls entirely........BUT.......I will fade the SEC in the NC game.

     

    Reply

    I agree with your take and won't bet against the SEC in the Bowls....matter of fact, I am sitting out the Bowls entirely........BUT.......I will fade the SEC in the NC game.

     

     
    UNCforever
    UNCforever
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 8280
    Posted: Dec. 21, 2009 - 11:55 AM ET #92

    Your doing a good job at hyping the SEC up to the forum. Might as well wait on BAMA your going to get -3 or -4 by kickoff...
    Reply
    Your doing a good job at hyping the SEC up to the forum. Might as well wait on BAMA your going to get -3 or -4 by kickoff...
     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Dec. 21, 2009 - 1:10 PM ET #93

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCforever:

    Your doing a good job at hyping the SEC up to the forum. Might as well wait on BAMA your going to get -3 or -4 by kickoff...

    I'm hyping winners my friend.

    I will not bet Bama until the day of the game because I don't want to tie up that much money between now and then.  And while I'm all for getting the best line available, anything less than 7 in this game is a gift.  The game won't be close.

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by UNCforever:

    Your doing a good job at hyping the SEC up to the forum. Might as well wait on BAMA your going to get -3 or -4 by kickoff...

    I'm hyping winners my friend.

    I will not bet Bama until the day of the game because I don't want to tie up that much money between now and then.  And while I'm all for getting the best line available, anything less than 7 in this game is a gift.  The game won't be close.

     

     
    choiOi
    choiOi
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 5702
    Posted: Dec. 21, 2009 - 1:24 PM ET #94

    Quote Originally Posted by Crusher13:

    I don't have feel about other SEC bowl games but I know they'll do real well against the LITTLE 12. TEXAS gets crushed by BAMA, Osu sucks w/o Dez and A&m will get drilled OU(85-10) style either way. FADE BIG(I mean little)12 this bowl season

     

    Oh really? LOL....you too eh?

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Crusher13:

    I don't have feel about other SEC bowl games but I know they'll do real well against the LITTLE 12. TEXAS gets crushed by BAMA, Osu sucks w/o Dez and A&m will get drilled OU(85-10) style either way. FADE BIG(I mean little)12 this bowl season

     

    Oh really? LOL....you too eh?

     

     
    choiOi
    choiOi
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 5702
    Posted: Dec. 21, 2009 - 1:27 PM ET #95

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmydafreak:

    I'm hyping winners my friend.

    I will not bet Bama until the day of the game because I don't want to tie up that much money between now and then.  And while I'm all for getting the best line available, anything less than 7 in this game is a gift.  The game won't be close.

     

     

    You spend too much time listening to talk radio.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmydafreak:

    I'm hyping winners my friend.

    I will not bet Bama until the day of the game because I don't want to tie up that much money between now and then.  And while I'm all for getting the best line available, anything less than 7 in this game is a gift.  The game won't be close.

     

     

    You spend too much time listening to talk radio.

     
    Crusher13
    Crusher13
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 8063
    Posted: Dec. 21, 2009 - 11:52 PM ET #96

    Come on Choi, you've been so far, successfully, swaying me to the DARK SIDE since that post from a galaxy far, far away.  I was still very very pissed at TX, but Obi-wan is still my mentor.  But  my father still  tries to  make me feel  the power of the DARK side.
    Reply
    Come on Choi, you've been so far, successfully, swaying me to the DARK SIDE since that post from a galaxy far, far away.  I was still very very pissed at TX, but Obi-wan is still my mentor.  But  my father still  tries to  make me feel  the power of the DARK side.
     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Dec. 24, 2009 - 4:30 AM ET #97

    I also played SMU when they were +15.  The line has dropped on Bookmaker to 12.5, but even a that, I will make this play official.

    SMU +12.5

    Reply

    I also played SMU when they were +15.  The line has dropped on Bookmaker to 12.5, but even a that, I will make this play official.

    SMU +12.5

     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Dec. 26, 2009 - 10:58 PM ET #98

    I played Boston College today at +9 based on the following Joe McKnight thread, but forgot to post it earlier.  The score is 24-13 right now so it may be a loser anyhow.

    https://www.covers.com/postingforum/post01/showmessage.aspx?spt=33&sub=100610099

     

    Reply

    I played Boston College today at +9 based on the following Joe McKnight thread, but forgot to post it earlier.  The score is 24-13 right now so it may be a loser anyhow.

    https://www.covers.com/postingforum/post01/showmessage.aspx?spt=33&sub=100610099

     

     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Dec. 27, 2009 - 1:00 PM ET #99

    I already have Kentucky +7.5, but I will add Kentucky ML as well.
    Reply
    I already have Kentucky +7.5, but I will add Kentucky ML as well.
     
     
    ThorsHammer
    ThorsHammer
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 1484
    Posted: Dec. 27, 2009 - 2:33 PM ET #100

    Reply
    All Forums | College Football
    «First Previous 12345 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,425
    • Sunday 10/04/2026 690
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,359
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 8,714
    • This Seattle Line Is Begging for a Discussion 2,828
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,512
    • Lions vs Panthers in game live SNF 1,885
    • __________ 📌 🏈 ?? Fubah's NFL 2026: Week 04 🚩🚩🚩🚩 13,309
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,316
    • NFL THREAD * 151 * 16,855

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.