• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Buccaneers-Cowboys Leans
      • Eagles-Jaguars Leans
      • NFL Week 5 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | College Football

    Why You Shouldn't Bet Against the SEC in Bowl Season

    «First Previous 12345
    WahooS
    JBrilman
    fyrproof
    jimmydafreak
    iceman52
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 7807
    Posts: 118
    «First Previous 12345
     
    WahooS
    WahooS
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2004
    Posts: 25683
    Posted: Dec. 28, 2009 - 12:56 PM ET #101

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmydafreak:

    These are the SEC plays that I will definitely be on.

    Kentucky +7.5 (Best Bet)

    Georgia -7

    LSU +2.5

    Florida -11.5 (Best Bet)

    South Carolina -4.5

    Ole Miss -3

    Arkansas -7.5

    Bama -4.5 (Best Bet)

    I initially said I would play on any SEC team getting points, but due to considerable distractions in Knoxville, I definitely won't be playing Tennessee.  The Vols appear to be a sinking ship at this point.  See my Tennessee link for more info:

    https://www.covers.com/postingforum/post01/showmessage.aspx?spt=33&sub=100612028

    I'm still mulling a play on Auburn, but right now I'm inclined to lay off.  If this thing drops below 7, I may bite.

     

    like LSU, Arkansas and Ole Miss but I like them because of their matchups being favorable, not because I think the SEC is most dominant conference, I had Kentucky last night and thought that amount of points was too many but that coaching staff was a joke, they kept showing that moron coach in waiting up in the press box named JOKER, he called one of the worst offensive gameplans of the seasons, it was an epic performance by him, if that jackass is really the coach in waiting then UK fans have zero to look forward too for many years, nice use of timeouts by the rest of the staff in the 2nd half as well, glad I lost my money on those whackjobs

     

    Happy Holidays Freak

    .
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmydafreak:

    These are the SEC plays that I will definitely be on.

    Kentucky +7.5 (Best Bet)

    Georgia -7

    LSU +2.5

    Florida -11.5 (Best Bet)

    South Carolina -4.5

    Ole Miss -3

    Arkansas -7.5

    Bama -4.5 (Best Bet)

    I initially said I would play on any SEC team getting points, but due to considerable distractions in Knoxville, I definitely won't be playing Tennessee.  The Vols appear to be a sinking ship at this point.  See my Tennessee link for more info:

    https://www.covers.com/postingforum/post01/showmessage.aspx?spt=33&sub=100612028

    I'm still mulling a play on Auburn, but right now I'm inclined to lay off.  If this thing drops below 7, I may bite.

     

    like LSU, Arkansas and Ole Miss but I like them because of their matchups being favorable, not because I think the SEC is most dominant conference, I had Kentucky last night and thought that amount of points was too many but that coaching staff was a joke, they kept showing that moron coach in waiting up in the press box named JOKER, he called one of the worst offensive gameplans of the seasons, it was an epic performance by him, if that jackass is really the coach in waiting then UK fans have zero to look forward too for many years, nice use of timeouts by the rest of the staff in the 2nd half as well, glad I lost my money on those whackjobs

     

    Happy Holidays Freak

     
    JBrilman
    JBrilman
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 2513
    Posted: Dec. 28, 2009 - 1:16 PM ET #102

    I had KENT +7 last night this idea didnt work out so well
    Reply
    I had KENT +7 last night this idea didnt work out so well
     
    fyrproof
    fyrproof
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 165
    Posted: Dec. 28, 2009 - 1:20 PM ET #103

    Well so far (it being Monday)USC first Pac-10 to cover and not lose outright,and UNC loses but covers 'cause the 'stache plays it safe at the end.SEC 1-0,PAC10 1-2.Bulldogs and Bruins next two up.Got 'em both at -61/2.
    Reply
    Well so far (it being Monday)USC first Pac-10 to cover and not lose outright,and UNC loses but covers 'cause the 'stache plays it safe at the end.SEC 1-0,PAC10 1-2.Bulldogs and Bruins next two up.Got 'em both at -61/2.
     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Dec. 28, 2009 - 4:39 PM ET #104

    Quote Originally Posted by WahooS:

    like LSU, Arkansas and Ole Miss but I like them because of their matchups being favorable, not because I think the SEC is most dominant conference, I had Kentucky last night and thought that amount of points was too many but that coaching staff was a joke, they kept showing that moron coach in waiting up in the press box named JOKER, he called one of the worst offensive gameplans of the seasons, it was an epic performance by him, if that jackass is really the coach in waiting then UK fans have zero to look forward too for many years, nice use of timeouts by the rest of the staff in the 2nd half as well, glad I lost my money on those whackjobs

    Happy Holidays Freak

    I got Kentucky early at +7.5 so the half point loss definitely stings, especially for a game that was as close as that one.  This is one of those situations where even though the game was capped correctly, I still lost.

    There were 3 things in this game that stuck out to me.  First was the 4th quarter fumble.  The second was the motion penalty on 4th and short in Clemson's territory, and third was the wind.

    Now clearly the wind was the same for both teams, but the wind made it very difficult for both teams to score, therefore it favored the team that had the lead at that time, which of course was Clemson.

    I didn't really notice any major coaching faux pas, but then again my gf was distracting me for much of the game,  so I'm not saying there weren't any.  I definitely do think the wind had a big effect on the play calling in the 4th quarter however.

    I do try to cap each game on their individual merits, but during bowl season, I often give great weight to the conference a particular team hails from.  And I do so because gambling is a game of odds, I generally want the odds in my favor.

    In last night's game for example, SEC teams were 27 & 11 ATS as underdogs all time, whereas ACC teams were 9 & 33 ATS as favorites all time.  Not to mention that Kentucky was also a perfect 5 & 0 ATS this season on the road.  Moreover, I felt Kentucky was at least Clemson's equal coming into the game.  There certainly wasn't anything I could see that would have justified a 7 plus line in favor of Clemson.  I think if this game were played 10 times, Kentucky would win 5 of them and cover 9.

    In the end, however, the play was a loser, and in the gambling world, that's all that really matters.

    I appreciate your thoughtful remarks Wahoo, and I wish you the very best of luck the remainder of the bowl season.

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by WahooS:

    like LSU, Arkansas and Ole Miss but I like them because of their matchups being favorable, not because I think the SEC is most dominant conference, I had Kentucky last night and thought that amount of points was too many but that coaching staff was a joke, they kept showing that moron coach in waiting up in the press box named JOKER, he called one of the worst offensive gameplans of the seasons, it was an epic performance by him, if that jackass is really the coach in waiting then UK fans have zero to look forward too for many years, nice use of timeouts by the rest of the staff in the 2nd half as well, glad I lost my money on those whackjobs

    Happy Holidays Freak

    I got Kentucky early at +7.5 so the half point loss definitely stings, especially for a game that was as close as that one.  This is one of those situations where even though the game was capped correctly, I still lost.

    There were 3 things in this game that stuck out to me.  First was the 4th quarter fumble.  The second was the motion penalty on 4th and short in Clemson's territory, and third was the wind.

    Now clearly the wind was the same for both teams, but the wind made it very difficult for both teams to score, therefore it favored the team that had the lead at that time, which of course was Clemson.

    I didn't really notice any major coaching faux pas, but then again my gf was distracting me for much of the game,  so I'm not saying there weren't any.  I definitely do think the wind had a big effect on the play calling in the 4th quarter however.

    I do try to cap each game on their individual merits, but during bowl season, I often give great weight to the conference a particular team hails from.  And I do so because gambling is a game of odds, I generally want the odds in my favor.

    In last night's game for example, SEC teams were 27 & 11 ATS as underdogs all time, whereas ACC teams were 9 & 33 ATS as favorites all time.  Not to mention that Kentucky was also a perfect 5 & 0 ATS this season on the road.  Moreover, I felt Kentucky was at least Clemson's equal coming into the game.  There certainly wasn't anything I could see that would have justified a 7 plus line in favor of Clemson.  I think if this game were played 10 times, Kentucky would win 5 of them and cover 9.

    In the end, however, the play was a loser, and in the gambling world, that's all that really matters.

    I appreciate your thoughtful remarks Wahoo, and I wish you the very best of luck the remainder of the bowl season.

     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Dec. 28, 2009 - 4:46 PM ET #105

    Quote Originally Posted by JBrilman:

    I had KENT +7 last night this idea didnt work out so well

    I think anyone who watched the game knows that Clemson was very fortunate to have covered this game.  Kentucky was a very good play that would hit 9 out of 10 times IMO.  Last night was just that 1 that didn't.  That's why they call it gambling.

    Despite the opening game loss for the SEC, I'm still very confident that the SEC will cover in 7 or 8 of their bowl games.  This one game does not defeat the overall strategy of favoring SEC teams in bowl games.

     

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by JBrilman:

    I had KENT +7 last night this idea didnt work out so well

    I think anyone who watched the game knows that Clemson was very fortunate to have covered this game.  Kentucky was a very good play that would hit 9 out of 10 times IMO.  Last night was just that 1 that didn't.  That's why they call it gambling.

    Despite the opening game loss for the SEC, I'm still very confident that the SEC will cover in 7 or 8 of their bowl games.  This one game does not defeat the overall strategy of favoring SEC teams in bowl games.

     

     
    iceman52
    iceman52
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2009
    Posts: 688
    Posted: Dec. 28, 2009 - 4:54 PM ET #106

    I like Florida but Texas is the play in the big game
    Reply
    I like Florida but Texas is the play in the big game
     
    topperchris
    topperchris
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2005
    Posts: 1324
    Posted: Dec. 28, 2009 - 9:44 PM ET #107

      Wahoo- you are correct..Joker is a joke..I would go get Leach at T.Tech..After the suspension i bet he would leave very quickly..Unfortently that wont happen because Joker is black and it they would get killed for not giving him the job..I bet this program in 3 yrs is back to 4-8...
    Reply
      Wahoo- you are correct..Joker is a joke..I would go get Leach at T.Tech..After the suspension i bet he would leave very quickly..Unfortently that wont happen because Joker is black and it they would get killed for not giving him the job..I bet this program in 3 yrs is back to 4-8...
     
    snowflakes
    snowflakes
    Covers Rehab
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 249
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2009 - 3:48 AM ET #108

    GEORGIA!!!! 
    Reply
    GEORGIA!!!! 
     
    BigPapa21
    BigPapa21
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2006
    Posts: 3212
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2009 - 7:35 AM ET #109

    the kentucky gm was just a stinker...the exception not the rule..gl
    Reply
    the kentucky gm was just a stinker...the exception not the rule..gl
     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2009 - 10:03 AM ET #110

    Quote Originally Posted by snowflakes:

    GEORGIA!!!! 

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by snowflakes:

    GEORGIA!!!! 

     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2009 - 10:08 AM ET #111

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPapa21:

    the kentucky gm was just a stinker...the exception not the rule..gl

    I agree.  There are two games that have killed my in the bowl contest - Kentucky +7.5 and Boston College +9.  I really felt like both of these games should have covered.  If you flip those two games around, I'd be 14-4 in the contest, and be at least in the top 20.  As it is, I'm currently sitting in 165th place.  I'll need a miracle to work my way back up to the top.  I'm guess I'm gonna keep pounding those UNDERS and see if that can't get me back in the game.

     

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPapa21:

    the kentucky gm was just a stinker...the exception not the rule..gl

    I agree.  There are two games that have killed my in the bowl contest - Kentucky +7.5 and Boston College +9.  I really felt like both of these games should have covered.  If you flip those two games around, I'd be 14-4 in the contest, and be at least in the top 20.  As it is, I'm currently sitting in 165th place.  I'll need a miracle to work my way back up to the top.  I'm guess I'm gonna keep pounding those UNDERS and see if that can't get me back in the game.

     

     
    dawgsrock
    dawgsrock
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 2098
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2009 - 10:14 AM ET #112

    Reply
     
    gtsum
    gtsum
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 3712
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2009 - 10:21 AM ET #113

    I think the SEC does not do as well in bowls this year as in years past.  I think Penn State will take it to LSU, who has not done anything on offense all year..they are dreadful imo.  Tucky went down (although that was a very close game and clemson was lucky to cover).  I do like South Carolina to win BIG, and I like Forida to decimate Natti.  I like Texas to cover against Bama...I cannot see Bama running the ball with much success against Texas (unless they hit some deep passes to loosen the texas front 7 up a bit).  Good luck this bow season
    Reply
    I think the SEC does not do as well in bowls this year as in years past.  I think Penn State will take it to LSU, who has not done anything on offense all year..they are dreadful imo.  Tucky went down (although that was a very close game and clemson was lucky to cover).  I do like South Carolina to win BIG, and I like Forida to decimate Natti.  I like Texas to cover against Bama...I cannot see Bama running the ball with much success against Texas (unless they hit some deep passes to loosen the texas front 7 up a bit).  Good luck this bow season
     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2009 - 11:12 AM ET #114

    Quote Originally Posted by gtsum:

    I think the SEC does not do as well in bowls this year as in years past.  I think Penn State will take it to LSU, who has not done anything on offense all year..they are dreadful imo.  Tucky went down (although that was a very close game and clemson was lucky to cover).  I do like South Carolina to win BIG, and I like Forida to decimate Natti.  I like Texas to cover against Bama...I cannot see Bama running the ball with much success against Texas (unless they hit some deep passes to loosen the texas front 7 up a bit).  Good luck this bow season

    I realize that LSU's coach is the "Village Idiot," but talent-wise they are in the top 3 in the country.  Trust me, the talent gap between LSU and Penn State is vast.

    Moreover, as moronic as Les Miles is, you must give this guy credit for his recruiting and his performance in bowl games.  How Penn State is favored in this game is mind-boggling to me.  I really don't see how this game is close.

    As far as the Texas game is concerned, I also strenuously disagree with your conclusion that Bama won't be able to run the ball.  This is so because despite being ranked #1 in the nation versus the run, Texas's defense is not built to stop a power running attack like Alabama's.  They are small and fast, and basically employ a 4-cornerback secondary to stop the spread offenses of the Big 12, not power running teams like Bama.

    Moreover, the Longhorn offense will be pretty much one-dimensional from the opening kickoff, which should make them fairly easy to defend.

    For these reasons I also think Bama will dominate this game.

    For a more detailed opinion on the national championship game, see my write-up at:

    https://www.covers.com/postingforum/post01/showmessage.aspx?spt=33&sub=100628319

    In particular, scroll down to see the rushing defense comparison chart between these two teams.

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by gtsum:

    I think the SEC does not do as well in bowls this year as in years past.  I think Penn State will take it to LSU, who has not done anything on offense all year..they are dreadful imo.  Tucky went down (although that was a very close game and clemson was lucky to cover).  I do like South Carolina to win BIG, and I like Forida to decimate Natti.  I like Texas to cover against Bama...I cannot see Bama running the ball with much success against Texas (unless they hit some deep passes to loosen the texas front 7 up a bit).  Good luck this bow season

    I realize that LSU's coach is the "Village Idiot," but talent-wise they are in the top 3 in the country.  Trust me, the talent gap between LSU and Penn State is vast.

    Moreover, as moronic as Les Miles is, you must give this guy credit for his recruiting and his performance in bowl games.  How Penn State is favored in this game is mind-boggling to me.  I really don't see how this game is close.

    As far as the Texas game is concerned, I also strenuously disagree with your conclusion that Bama won't be able to run the ball.  This is so because despite being ranked #1 in the nation versus the run, Texas's defense is not built to stop a power running attack like Alabama's.  They are small and fast, and basically employ a 4-cornerback secondary to stop the spread offenses of the Big 12, not power running teams like Bama.

    Moreover, the Longhorn offense will be pretty much one-dimensional from the opening kickoff, which should make them fairly easy to defend.

    For these reasons I also think Bama will dominate this game.

    For a more detailed opinion on the national championship game, see my write-up at:

    https://www.covers.com/postingforum/post01/showmessage.aspx?spt=33&sub=100628319

    In particular, scroll down to see the rushing defense comparison chart between these two teams.

     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2009 - 11:51 AM ET #115

    I have 4 crackpipe plays for today:

    Temple +4.5

    Temple/UCLA UNDER 44.5

    Miami -3 (line has moved to - 4 at BM)

    Miami/Wisconsin UNDER 57

    Good luck to all those who are on the same sides as me

     

     

     

    Reply

    I have 4 crackpipe plays for today:

    Temple +4.5

    Temple/UCLA UNDER 44.5

    Miami -3 (line has moved to - 4 at BM)

    Miami/Wisconsin UNDER 57

    Good luck to all those who are on the same sides as me

     

     

     

     
    topperchris
    topperchris
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2005
    Posts: 1324
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2009 - 1:12 PM ET #116

     I do not trust any Big 10 or Big 12 teams in meaningfull bowls//Okl,Ohio St, Penn St... All big disapointments in the big bowl games
    Reply
     I do not trust any Big 10 or Big 12 teams in meaningfull bowls//Okl,Ohio St, Penn St... All big disapointments in the big bowl games
     
    jimmydafreak
    jimmydafreak
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 13951
    Posted: Dec. 29, 2009 - 1:59 PM ET #117

    For convenience, I'll put all "posted" plays in a single post.

    Utah +3.5 

    SMU +15 

    Boston College +9

    Kentucky +7.5 (Best Bet) 

    Kentucky ML 

    Georgia -7 

    Temple +4.5

    Temple/UCLA UNDER 44.5

    Miami -3 (line has moved to - 4 at BM)

    Miami/Wisconsin UNDER 57

    Air Force +5

    Oklahoma -8

    Navy +6.5

    Tennessee +5.5

    Tenn/VT UNDER 49.5

    LSU +2.5

    LSU ML

    Florida -11.5 (Best Bet)

    South Carolina -4.5

    Ole Miss -3

    Arkansas -7.5

    Bama -4.5 (Best Bet)

    I will add some more this tomorrow I'm sure.

    Reply

    For convenience, I'll put all "posted" plays in a single post.

    Utah +3.5 

    SMU +15 

    Boston College +9

    Kentucky +7.5 (Best Bet) 

    Kentucky ML 

    Georgia -7 

    Temple +4.5

    Temple/UCLA UNDER 44.5

    Miami -3 (line has moved to - 4 at BM)

    Miami/Wisconsin UNDER 57

    Air Force +5

    Oklahoma -8

    Navy +6.5

    Tennessee +5.5

    Tenn/VT UNDER 49.5

    LSU +2.5

    LSU ML

    Florida -11.5 (Best Bet)

    South Carolina -4.5

    Ole Miss -3

    Arkansas -7.5

    Bama -4.5 (Best Bet)

    I will add some more this tomorrow I'm sure.

     
     
    Fairweather_fan
    Fairweather_fan
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 201
    Posted: Jan. 7, 2010 - 4:50 AM ET #118

    Quote Originally Posted by jimmydafreak:

    For convenience, I'll put all "posted" plays in a single post.

    Utah +3.5 

    SMU +15 

    Boston College +9

    Kentucky +7.5 (Best Bet) 

    Kentucky ML 

    Georgia -7 

    Temple +4.5

    Temple/UCLA UNDER 44.5

    Miami -3 (line has moved to - 4 at BM)

    Miami/Wisconsin UNDER 57

    Air Force +5

    Oklahoma -8

    Navy +6.5

    Tennessee +5.5

    Tenn/VT UNDER 49.5

    LSU +2.5

    LSU ML

    Florida -11.5 (Best Bet)

    South Carolina -4.5

    Ole Miss -3

    Arkansas -7.5

    Bama -4.5 (Best Bet)

    I will add some more this tomorrow I'm sure.



    Your beloved SEC is something like 3-6 ATS in bowl games by the way.....whoops
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmydafreak:

    For convenience, I'll put all "posted" plays in a single post.

    Utah +3.5 

    SMU +15 

    Boston College +9

    Kentucky +7.5 (Best Bet) 

    Kentucky ML 

    Georgia -7 

    Temple +4.5

    Temple/UCLA UNDER 44.5

    Miami -3 (line has moved to - 4 at BM)

    Miami/Wisconsin UNDER 57

    Air Force +5

    Oklahoma -8

    Navy +6.5

    Tennessee +5.5

    Tenn/VT UNDER 49.5

    LSU +2.5

    LSU ML

    Florida -11.5 (Best Bet)

    South Carolina -4.5

    Ole Miss -3

    Arkansas -7.5

    Bama -4.5 (Best Bet)

    I will add some more this tomorrow I'm sure.



    Your beloved SEC is something like 3-6 ATS in bowl games by the way.....whoops
    All Forums | College Football
    «First Previous 12345

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,283
    • PART DEUX 197
    • Monday 10/05/2026 698
    • Falcons vs Saints in-game live MNF 1,813
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,815
    • ***Macwesties * Mon. Oct. 05, 2026 * Week #4 * MNF * NFL Football Play*** 3,154
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,662
    • MNF 1,070
    • NFL THREAD * 151 * 17,739
    • MLB Playoffs 8,680

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.