• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | College Football

    Week 8 Money

    «First Previous 234 ... 678 Next Last»
    WahooS
    Papi_4_MVP
    Oktoberfestlax4
    Michfan15
    Urbanwildlife
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 61768
    Posts: 200
    «First Previous 234 ... 678 Next Last»
     
    WahooS
    WahooS
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2004
    Posts: 25667
    Posted: Oct. 13, 2013 - 11:08 PM ET #26

    Double--

    I'll check it out for you but first glance the line of 6.5 seems a bit short

    .
    Reply
    Double--

    I'll check it out for you but first glance the line of 6.5 seems a bit short

     
    WahooS
    WahooS
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2004
    Posts: 25667
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2013 - 12:10 AM ET #27

    GW-

    I hate fading Johnny but he can't play defense, I think auburn can hang within reason, if the line goes up a touch then I'll look at the dog

    .
    Reply
    GW-

    I hate fading Johnny but he can't play defense, I think auburn can hang within reason, if the line goes up a touch then I'll look at the dog

     
    Papi_4_MVP
    Papi_4_MVP
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 15378
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2013 - 12:14 AM ET #28

    Quote Originally Posted by WahooS:

    Imacanyone--

    Kind of looks like recent perception line to me, Clemson was in look ahead mode & fsu just pummeled Mary , I knew they'd open as fave, I'll be looking at over for that game but would give slight edge to Clemson if it weren't a noon game, thinking over will be safest play


    8 pm kickoff Wahoo.    Love to read ur threads.  I can't believe all the hype over the weak teams Florida state has beat. Death Valley will be ridiculous for Jameis to walk into Saturday night.  I'm just going to watch this one.  Clemson got disrespected by Uga line and now this one.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by WahooS:

    Imacanyone--

    Kind of looks like recent perception line to me, Clemson was in look ahead mode & fsu just pummeled Mary , I knew they'd open as fave, I'll be looking at over for that game but would give slight edge to Clemson if it weren't a noon game, thinking over will be safest play


    8 pm kickoff Wahoo.    Love to read ur threads.  I can't believe all the hype over the weak teams Florida state has beat. Death Valley will be ridiculous for Jameis to walk into Saturday night.  I'm just going to watch this one.  Clemson got disrespected by Uga line and now this one.  
     
    Oktoberfestlax4
    Oktoberfestlax4
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 1037
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2013 - 12:18 AM ET #29

    Love it Wahoo..Bayou Bengals are a force to be reckoned with moving forward and Dux are absolutely legit, great call..I hate UF with a passion for a lot of reasons, but their D is insanely talented, especially with frosh like Hargreaves and Fowler Jr who are studs and even Purifoy I guess lol..Having Easly would be even worse for opponents, but Miz without Franklin will find it very difficult in the Swamp I think..Either way can't wait for Noles in Death Valley this wkd and BOL Wahoo and I do like LSU this wkd in Hattiesburg my man!
    Reply
    Love it Wahoo..Bayou Bengals are a force to be reckoned with moving forward and Dux are absolutely legit, great call..I hate UF with a passion for a lot of reasons, but their D is insanely talented, especially with frosh like Hargreaves and Fowler Jr who are studs and even Purifoy I guess lol..Having Easly would be even worse for opponents, but Miz without Franklin will find it very difficult in the Swamp I think..Either way can't wait for Noles in Death Valley this wkd and BOL Wahoo and I do like LSU this wkd in Hattiesburg my man!
     
    Oktoberfestlax4
    Oktoberfestlax4
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 1037
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2013 - 12:29 AM ET #30

    Fowler Jr is a soph my bad, but you are right, they can play!
    Reply
    Fowler Jr is a soph my bad, but you are right, they can play!
     
    WahooS
    WahooS
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2004
    Posts: 25667
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2013 - 12:31 AM ET #31

    Oktoberfest --

    Mizzou hosts Florida, not in the swamp unless I'm going insane looking at all these games (quite possible) & yes, that Gator defense is nice, if their offense wasn't a laughing matter they'd be very tough

    Death Valley will be rocking for the arrival of Famous Jameis, I'm looking for possible over in that one or maybe Clemson plus, will see how I feel as the week goes

    .
    Reply
    Oktoberfest --

    Mizzou hosts Florida, not in the swamp unless I'm going insane looking at all these games (quite possible) & yes, that Gator defense is nice, if their offense wasn't a laughing matter they'd be very tough

    Death Valley will be rocking for the arrival of Famous Jameis, I'm looking for possible over in that one or maybe Clemson plus, will see how I feel as the week goes

     
    WahooS
    WahooS
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2004
    Posts: 25667
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2013 - 12:34 AM ET #32

    I'm probably the worst Big10 capper in the history of mankind but how will Iowa not get pummeled in Columbus? (Which means Iowa probably wins)

    Anyone can chime in here & talk me out of Ohio st -16.5, I'm so itching to throttle that line knowing I shouldn't do it

    Fawk me

    .
    Reply
    I'm probably the worst Big10 capper in the history of mankind but how will Iowa not get pummeled in Columbus? (Which means Iowa probably wins)

    Anyone can chime in here & talk me out of Ohio st -16.5, I'm so itching to throttle that line knowing I shouldn't do it

    Fawk me

     
    Oktoberfestlax4
    Oktoberfestlax4
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 1037
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2013 - 12:46 AM ET #33

    haha oh crap that line makes way more sense now lol..Agree with Gators O, but holding LSU to 17 says a lot..Gotta say no play for now no doubt and I can't wait for JW5, but had Clemson since the start so will be tough not to take em in a big teaser for me..OSU looks good as well simply because Hawkeyes O is so limited, but loved the post above!
    Reply
    haha oh crap that line makes way more sense now lol..Agree with Gators O, but holding LSU to 17 says a lot..Gotta say no play for now no doubt and I can't wait for JW5, but had Clemson since the start so will be tough not to take em in a big teaser for me..OSU looks good as well simply because Hawkeyes O is so limited, but loved the post above!
     
    Oktoberfestlax4
    Oktoberfestlax4
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 1037
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2013 - 1:06 AM ET #34

    Thx again man and BOL!
    Reply
    Thx again man and BOL!
     
    Michfan15
    Michfan15
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 11316
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2013 - 1:38 AM ET #35

    Quote Originally Posted by WahooS:

    I'm probably the worst Big10 capper in the history of mankind but how will Iowa not get pummeled in Columbus? (Which means Iowa probably wins)

    Anyone can chime in here & talk me out of Ohio st -16.5, I'm so itching to throttle that line knowing I shouldn't do it

    Fawk me


    off a bye, their defense is stout and this is more or less their SB?  hey i tried but osu is prob the play here 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by WahooS:

    I'm probably the worst Big10 capper in the history of mankind but how will Iowa not get pummeled in Columbus? (Which means Iowa probably wins)

    Anyone can chime in here & talk me out of Ohio st -16.5, I'm so itching to throttle that line knowing I shouldn't do it

    Fawk me


    off a bye, their defense is stout and this is more or less their SB?  hey i tried but osu is prob the play here 
     
    Michfan15
    Michfan15
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 11316
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2013 - 1:39 AM ET #36

    iowa gave up 26 to the avg msu offense, im sure urban and his crew will be able to find a few things to pick on in the hawkeye defense
    Reply
    iowa gave up 26 to the avg msu offense, im sure urban and his crew will be able to find a few things to pick on in the hawkeye defense
     
    Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2013
    Posts: 5611
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2013 - 1:46 AM ET #37

    My pick of the week, and you better grab the -16.5 while the getting is good!
    SNITCHES end up being bitches, or end up with stitches, and in ditches! #REALITY
    Reply
    My pick of the week, and you better grab the -16.5 while the getting is good!
     
    knight703
    knight703
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2013
    Posts: 5076
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2013 - 2:15 AM ET #38

    there giving auburn 16?

    might have to go against lil johnny this week


    Reply
    there giving auburn 16?

    might have to go against lil johnny this week


     
    Moviprep
    Moviprep
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 83
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2013 - 3:03 AM ET #39

    GL this week WahooS
    Reply
    GL this week WahooS
     
    Ice4Blood
    Ice4Blood
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 11845
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2013 - 3:14 AM ET #40

    Quote Originally Posted by gwjtf:

    WahooS - have you paid any attention to Auburn?  I've been on 'em all year because of their coach whom I respect greatly and let me tell you, they just get better and better every week.  The team is really starting to hit its stride now; I said b4 a single game was played this year that Auburn would be the biggest turnaround in CFB in 2013, going from 3-9 to 9-3; I'm sticking with that.  Love the spot at +14 in college station; Johnny football or no Johnny football .... GL....

    GW



    Hey GW!  I know you've been talking about Auburn since the start of the year... I was thinking about playing them, but I want to find out more about Marshall's status... he didn't play against WC last week, and is listed as questionable...

    You have any info on this?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by gwjtf:

    WahooS - have you paid any attention to Auburn?  I've been on 'em all year because of their coach whom I respect greatly and let me tell you, they just get better and better every week.  The team is really starting to hit its stride now; I said b4 a single game was played this year that Auburn would be the biggest turnaround in CFB in 2013, going from 3-9 to 9-3; I'm sticking with that.  Love the spot at +14 in college station; Johnny football or no Johnny football .... GL....

    GW



    Hey GW!  I know you've been talking about Auburn since the start of the year... I was thinking about playing them, but I want to find out more about Marshall's status... he didn't play against WC last week, and is listed as questionable...

    You have any info on this?
     
    billybrimstone
    billybrimstone
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2013
    Posts: 22
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2013 - 3:19 AM ET #41

    My book has got Indiana at +10.5 against Michigan. Hoosiers eat Penn State but Michigan get beat by them in 4 OT. Now Hoos get 10.5. Am I looking at it to simplisticly? Appreciate any feedback mate. 
    Reply
    My book has got Indiana at +10.5 against Michigan. Hoosiers eat Penn State but Michigan get beat by them in 4 OT. Now Hoos get 10.5. Am I looking at it to simplisticly? Appreciate any feedback mate. 
     
    HotRoute
    HotRoute
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 25135
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2013 - 8:30 AM ET #42

    keep rolling bud...nice season so far!  Your boys made me some money last week

    Here is to a very profitable Week 8

    Reply

    keep rolling bud...nice season so far!  Your boys made me some money last week

    Here is to a very profitable Week 8

     
    pnutt
    pnutt
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2002
    Posts: 279
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2013 - 8:49 AM ET #43

    Quote Originally Posted by gwjtf:

    WahooS - have you paid any attention to Auburn?  I've been on 'em all year because of their coach whom I respect greatly and let me tell you, they just get better and better every week.  The team is really starting to hit its stride now; I said b4 a single game was played this year that Auburn would be the biggest turnaround in CFB in 2013, going from 3-9 to 9-3; I'm sticking with that.  Love the spot at +14 in college station; Johnny football or no Johnny football .... GL....

    GW

    I think your right on Track about Auburn and Gus Malzahn.  He started coaching a AA Christian School, Shiloh Christian in Springdale AR and has rose very quickly up the ladder.  I think he will make big waves in College Football the next 5 years or so if the folks in charge at Auburn stays patient and gives him time to recruit and teach his system.  If he can get his share of decent atheletes to go with his offensive system then LOOK OUT!!!  Will be hard to game plan for and to adjust to ingame, very hard to stop.  Only thing is the players have to know the system and have it down pat, cause if the don't know it perfectly then the "system" looks real bad.  I think Auburn covers against the Aggies and might accidently even win.  Folks aren't paying much attention to Auburn but they well might be on everyone's lips after playing the Aggies in College Station.  Good Luck and like your insight and way of thinking.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by gwjtf:

    WahooS - have you paid any attention to Auburn?  I've been on 'em all year because of their coach whom I respect greatly and let me tell you, they just get better and better every week.  The team is really starting to hit its stride now; I said b4 a single game was played this year that Auburn would be the biggest turnaround in CFB in 2013, going from 3-9 to 9-3; I'm sticking with that.  Love the spot at +14 in college station; Johnny football or no Johnny football .... GL....

    GW

    I think your right on Track about Auburn and Gus Malzahn.  He started coaching a AA Christian School, Shiloh Christian in Springdale AR and has rose very quickly up the ladder.  I think he will make big waves in College Football the next 5 years or so if the folks in charge at Auburn stays patient and gives him time to recruit and teach his system.  If he can get his share of decent atheletes to go with his offensive system then LOOK OUT!!!  Will be hard to game plan for and to adjust to ingame, very hard to stop.  Only thing is the players have to know the system and have it down pat, cause if the don't know it perfectly then the "system" looks real bad.  I think Auburn covers against the Aggies and might accidently even win.  Folks aren't paying much attention to Auburn but they well might be on everyone's lips after playing the Aggies in College Station.  Good Luck and like your insight and way of thinking.
     
    atl4tigerfan
    atl4tigerfan
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 3288
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2013 - 9:28 AM ET #44

    Quote Originally Posted by gwjtf:

    WahooS - have you paid any attention to Auburn?  I've been on 'em all year because of their coach whom I respect greatly and let me tell you, they just get better and better every week.  The team is really starting to hit its stride now; I said b4 a single game was played this year that Auburn would be the biggest turnaround in CFB in 2013, going from 3-9 to 9-3; I'm sticking with that.  Love the spot at +14 in college station; Johnny football or no Johnny football .... GL....

    GW



    Total wins o/u this year was a great play.  It was set at 6.5.

    Anybody thinking about playing them this week should hold off.  Marshall is hurt but nobody seems to really know the extent of it and the coaching staff is mum and floating b.s. stories through the media.  Gus insisted all last week that Marshall was practicing and would start Saturday, only to make an announcement Friday night a true freshman would get the start.  So he is not above gamesmanship.

    This a&m line should only go up especially if it looks less likely Marshall will play.  I would be VERY careful playing AU this weekend if true freshman J.Johnson gets the start at QB.  It is still potentially a good play in that scenario, as I'd expect a heavy dose of ground game which might just be the way to slow manziel down.  But a true fresh QB making his 2nd start on road at college station is scary.

    If Marshall gets the start and is close to 100%, then the play looks better as a&m had a lot of trouble with the read option last week against ole miss, and Marshall had a huge game running the read option against ole miss(which is when he hurt his knee).  Ran for about 200 yards.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by gwjtf:

    WahooS - have you paid any attention to Auburn?  I've been on 'em all year because of their coach whom I respect greatly and let me tell you, they just get better and better every week.  The team is really starting to hit its stride now; I said b4 a single game was played this year that Auburn would be the biggest turnaround in CFB in 2013, going from 3-9 to 9-3; I'm sticking with that.  Love the spot at +14 in college station; Johnny football or no Johnny football .... GL....

    GW



    Total wins o/u this year was a great play.  It was set at 6.5.

    Anybody thinking about playing them this week should hold off.  Marshall is hurt but nobody seems to really know the extent of it and the coaching staff is mum and floating b.s. stories through the media.  Gus insisted all last week that Marshall was practicing and would start Saturday, only to make an announcement Friday night a true freshman would get the start.  So he is not above gamesmanship.

    This a&m line should only go up especially if it looks less likely Marshall will play.  I would be VERY careful playing AU this weekend if true freshman J.Johnson gets the start at QB.  It is still potentially a good play in that scenario, as I'd expect a heavy dose of ground game which might just be the way to slow manziel down.  But a true fresh QB making his 2nd start on road at college station is scary.

    If Marshall gets the start and is close to 100%, then the play looks better as a&m had a lot of trouble with the read option last week against ole miss, and Marshall had a huge game running the read option against ole miss(which is when he hurt his knee).  Ran for about 200 yards.
     
    atl4tigerfan
    atl4tigerfan
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 3288
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2013 - 9:38 AM ET #45

    Quote Originally Posted by pnutt:

    I think your right on Track about Auburn and Gus Malzahn.  He started coaching a AA Christian School, Shiloh Christian in Springdale AR and has rose very quickly up the ladder.  I think he will make big waves in College Football the next 5 years or so if the folks in charge at Auburn stays patient and gives him time to recruit and teach his system.  If he can get his share of decent atheletes to go with his offensive system then LOOK OUT!!!  Will be hard to game plan for and to adjust to ingame, very hard to stop.  Only thing is the players have to know the system and have it down pat, cause if the don't know it perfectly then the "system" looks real bad.  I think Auburn covers against the Aggies and might accidently even win.  Folks aren't paying much attention to Auburn but they well might be on everyone's lips after playing the Aggies in College Station.  Good Luck and like your insight and way of thinking.


    The theory is the 'recovery' time won't be as long since Gus was @ AU from 2009-2011 so we've already been running his system and many of these players were recruited by Gus before he left in 2011.

    We've got true freshman playing all over the place with a couple of them pretty much starting WRs and last week a true freshman got the nod at QB.  Still need more talent in the WR area and right now Gus has a verbal from # 1 juco WR who potentially looks like a 1 and done next year instant impact.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by pnutt:

    I think your right on Track about Auburn and Gus Malzahn.  He started coaching a AA Christian School, Shiloh Christian in Springdale AR and has rose very quickly up the ladder.  I think he will make big waves in College Football the next 5 years or so if the folks in charge at Auburn stays patient and gives him time to recruit and teach his system.  If he can get his share of decent atheletes to go with his offensive system then LOOK OUT!!!  Will be hard to game plan for and to adjust to ingame, very hard to stop.  Only thing is the players have to know the system and have it down pat, cause if the don't know it perfectly then the "system" looks real bad.  I think Auburn covers against the Aggies and might accidently even win.  Folks aren't paying much attention to Auburn but they well might be on everyone's lips after playing the Aggies in College Station.  Good Luck and like your insight and way of thinking.


    The theory is the 'recovery' time won't be as long since Gus was @ AU from 2009-2011 so we've already been running his system and many of these players were recruited by Gus before he left in 2011.

    We've got true freshman playing all over the place with a couple of them pretty much starting WRs and last week a true freshman got the nod at QB.  Still need more talent in the WR area and right now Gus has a verbal from # 1 juco WR who potentially looks like a 1 and done next year instant impact.
     
    onthemound#5
    onthemound#5
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 1386
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2013 - 9:48 AM ET #46

    LSU in Hattiesburgh??? 
    Reply
    LSU in Hattiesburgh??? 
     
    onthemound#5
    onthemound#5
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2003
    Posts: 1386
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2013 - 9:50 AM ET #47

    Oktoberfest  LSU vs Ole MISS is being played in OXFORD

    Southern miss plays in Hattiesburgh

    How much do you know about football???

    Reply

    Oktoberfest  LSU vs Ole MISS is being played in OXFORD

    Southern miss plays in Hattiesburgh

    How much do you know about football???

     
    FeedMeCappers
    FeedMeCappers
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2009
    Posts: 5516
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2013 - 9:57 AM ET #48

    Ol Miss/A&M game was great.  I've never seen anything like The Grove.  I don't think I could make it through 4 years there without coming down with something.  Unreal ....  GL this week. 
    Reply
    Ol Miss/A&M game was great.  I've never seen anything like The Grove.  I don't think I could make it through 4 years there without coming down with something.  Unreal ....  GL this week. 
     
    miguelj
    miguelj
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2007
    Posts: 624
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2013 - 10:17 AM ET #49

    wahooS G.L on your next picks.you and jdmoney are on my top list.
    Reply
    wahooS G.L on your next picks.you and jdmoney are on my top list.
     
     
    Oktoberfestlax4
    Oktoberfestlax4
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 1037
    Posted: Oct. 14, 2013 - 10:21 AM ET #50

    Onthemound #5, I actually follow college ball fairly well, but nonetheless I really have to stop drinking and what not so much during the night because I apparently can't keep track of where teams are playing let alone the right area at times lol..Rebs play in Oxford yes and luckily this is Wahoo's thread, so I will leave the expertise to him and keep doing what I do..Thx for the IN-DEPTH insight tho on anything....
    Reply
    Onthemound #5, I actually follow college ball fairly well, but nonetheless I really have to stop drinking and what not so much during the night because I apparently can't keep track of where teams are playing let alone the right area at times lol..Rebs play in Oxford yes and luckily this is Wahoo's thread, so I will leave the expertise to him and keep doing what I do..Thx for the IN-DEPTH insight tho on anything....
    All Forums | College Football
    «First Previous 234 ... 678 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,220
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 268,964
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,697
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,385
    • Saturday 10/03/2026 688
    • MLB Playoffs 5,138
    • **$$$ MD Saturday 10/3 $$$** 7,055
    • Trump's legacy? 33,921
    • **$$$ MD Friday 10/2 $$$** 10,285
    • Happening just recently . . . 36,979

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.