• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | College Football

    Week 11 Money

    «First Previous 123 ... 567 Next Last»
    hotspurs91
    moosehunter
    rokisky
    mynameken
    WahooS
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 49222
    Posts: 152
    «First Previous 123 ... 567 Next Last»
     
    hotspurs91
    hotspurs91
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2013
    Posts: 14
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2013 - 3:03 AM ET #101

    I must say, Wahoo, as well as those others backers of Baylor that listed their rationale, I have to agree. Those of you on OU are also correct in assuming Stoops will run the ball and try and keep that Baylor offense sidelined.  Baylor will still cover in my opinion and here is why...

    Although OU is the best team Baylor has faced, Baylor is by far the best team OU as faced and (will probably face in the regular season) as well. You have to make the argument for both sides. Lets break it down even further...

    common oppoonents

    OU: 22 1st downs, 415 total yards, 235 rush, 180 pass vs @Kansas
    Kansas: 12 first downs, 201 total, 185 rush, 16 pass vs OU

    Baylor: 31 1st downs, 743 total y, 437 pass, 306 rush vs @Kansas
    Kansas: 16 1st downs, 308 total, 154 pass and rush vs Baylor

    WV: 19 1st downs, 387 t yards, 218 pass, 169 rush vs @OU
    OU: 21 1st downs, 435 t yards, 119 pass, 316 rush vs WV

    Baylor: 38 1st downs, 872 t yards, 396 pass. 496 rush vs WV
    WV: 21 1st downs, 394 t yards, 276 pass, 118 rush vs @Baylor




    You have to credit OU's D  but this is BY FAR the best offense they have seen.  To me its irrelevant that their D held kansas and WV to minimal yards, as they allowed 460 to Texas Tech, who wishes they could run that spread, high tempo offense as well as Baylor does.

     And another thing - Baylor doesnt pride itself on defense.  Even if Stoops chooses to run and eat up clock, which he most likely will, (garbage even if he doesnt) he wont win a shootout, which is how Baylor will approach this game. I honestly feel that Baylor will stack the box, force OU to throw the ball, allowing for more turnovers and chances for their offense to take the field. They could get burnt on big pass plays opened up by the run, but like i said, their d wont get the stops they need.  For gods sake they take their starters out at half and still destroy teams.  K state did probably show us the best way to tame the bears - run the ball.  Did they win though? What was the final score? Dont get me wrong, OU is a better team than K state but their defense will face the same fate.

     Baylor's D is suspect, true, but that doesnt even matter because they demoralize you - they are up 7-0 before you know it. If you cant score next possession, 14-0 and so on. OUs defense will be so exhausted Baylor will score at will. Stoops will try and run the ball and eat up clock. This, however, only works if you are able to maintain a lead. OU will be forced to throw in order to survive, Baylor will gain a few turnovers, throw in frustration, sprinkle in some shame and thats game over. 

    Baylor -15 (feel good up to 17 or 18) 


    Reply
    I must say, Wahoo, as well as those others backers of Baylor that listed their rationale, I have to agree. Those of you on OU are also correct in assuming Stoops will run the ball and try and keep that Baylor offense sidelined.  Baylor will still cover in my opinion and here is why...

    Although OU is the best team Baylor has faced, Baylor is by far the best team OU as faced and (will probably face in the regular season) as well. You have to make the argument for both sides. Lets break it down even further...

    common oppoonents

    OU: 22 1st downs, 415 total yards, 235 rush, 180 pass vs @Kansas
    Kansas: 12 first downs, 201 total, 185 rush, 16 pass vs OU

    Baylor: 31 1st downs, 743 total y, 437 pass, 306 rush vs @Kansas
    Kansas: 16 1st downs, 308 total, 154 pass and rush vs Baylor

    WV: 19 1st downs, 387 t yards, 218 pass, 169 rush vs @OU
    OU: 21 1st downs, 435 t yards, 119 pass, 316 rush vs WV

    Baylor: 38 1st downs, 872 t yards, 396 pass. 496 rush vs WV
    WV: 21 1st downs, 394 t yards, 276 pass, 118 rush vs @Baylor




    You have to credit OU's D  but this is BY FAR the best offense they have seen.  To me its irrelevant that their D held kansas and WV to minimal yards, as they allowed 460 to Texas Tech, who wishes they could run that spread, high tempo offense as well as Baylor does.

     And another thing - Baylor doesnt pride itself on defense.  Even if Stoops chooses to run and eat up clock, which he most likely will, (garbage even if he doesnt) he wont win a shootout, which is how Baylor will approach this game. I honestly feel that Baylor will stack the box, force OU to throw the ball, allowing for more turnovers and chances for their offense to take the field. They could get burnt on big pass plays opened up by the run, but like i said, their d wont get the stops they need.  For gods sake they take their starters out at half and still destroy teams.  K state did probably show us the best way to tame the bears - run the ball.  Did they win though? What was the final score? Dont get me wrong, OU is a better team than K state but their defense will face the same fate.

     Baylor's D is suspect, true, but that doesnt even matter because they demoralize you - they are up 7-0 before you know it. If you cant score next possession, 14-0 and so on. OUs defense will be so exhausted Baylor will score at will. Stoops will try and run the ball and eat up clock. This, however, only works if you are able to maintain a lead. OU will be forced to throw in order to survive, Baylor will gain a few turnovers, throw in frustration, sprinkle in some shame and thats game over. 

    Baylor -15 (feel good up to 17 or 18) 


     
    moosehunter
    moosehunter
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 6525
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2013 - 9:06 AM ET #102

    best week to you again pal.......
    Reply
    best week to you again pal.......
     
    rokisky
    rokisky
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 1487
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2013 - 9:45 AM ET #103

    best of luck in your retirement,i'm retired also (worked in prison 25 years) if i had to guess when looking for you in Vegas i think the ciroc vodka commercial ,the rat pack inspired one , would be the group i would be looking for. thanks for all you have done, you have made me a smarter gambler. best of luck to you and long life!!!
    Reply
    best of luck in your retirement,i'm retired also (worked in prison 25 years) if i had to guess when looking for you in Vegas i think the ciroc vodka commercial ,the rat pack inspired one , would be the group i would be looking for. thanks for all you have done, you have made me a smarter gambler. best of luck to you and long life!!!
     
    mynameken
    mynameken
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 1390
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2013 - 9:48 AM ET #104

    Quote Originally Posted by WahooS:

    for ndsent1

    my thoughts on Oklahoma/Baylor

    let me start by saying I have a tremendous amount of respect for Bob Stoops, I believe he runs an honest ship in Norman and he has accomplished alot in his career at that great program, conference titles, national title, just a great career that is under appreciated by many, it is very hard to do what Nick Saban is doing, that is why guys like Bob deserve more credit in my opinion

    that said, I look at his past results outside of Norman against good teams in recent years and I can't help but think this game will end with the same tough results

    they have played two teams that tried up tempo against them, Texas and Texas Tech, their defense had trouble with both, if you go back and watch the Texas/OU game again you will notice the Sooners having trouble with up tempo, the Sooners couldn't get aligned and really got beat on that side of the ball, I don't need to give a writeup for you to know that the Baylor up tempo and the Texas up tempo are worlds apart, I believe the OU defense will be the weak link in this game, not their offense which has been in several of their games

    I respect OU's ability to run the football and I do see them getting their fair share of points, they may score 30, certainly capable of that without question but I'm betting on that not being nearly enough, this game sort of reminds me of the UCLA/Oregon game where one team will try to punch the other in the mouth and it may work for a while but it's only a matter of time before the Bears pull away, Baylor could literally be down 7 with a minute left in the 3rd quarter and still cover this number

    many will expect OU to implement the Kansas St game plan and play keep away from the Baylor fast break but I don't see Bob doing that, his team plays much faster than Kansas St and I don't think he is willing to change his style just because he is playing Baylor (a team he has owned), OU doesn't operate at a Baylor type speed but they do have an up tempo style with quick snaps, etc and they like to keep the defense guessing, I think their own version of up tempo works against them here, if Bob did slow it down and try to grind out the clock then OU would almost certainly keep this close with a chance to win (they do have more play makers than Kansas St does if we are being honest)

    since I don't coach at OU and coaches don't give out their game plan prior to a game I can only guess that Bob and the Sooners will stick to their style of play, I think they will and I'm betting on it, I may pay for this assumption, it's possible

    now lets chat about homefield, it means almost everything in college football, defenses play better, offenses play better, it's easier to get your tempo going, special teams usually play better, its just a huge difference in the college game, all you have to do is look at OU teams under Stoops at home, a great example

    this is a rare major network night game for the Baylor Bears against a big time opponent, the spread of 13.5 to 14.5 (I guess now its 15ish) is a brilliant line in my opinion, how many times have you seen the legend Bob Stoops and his top quality Oklahoma program catching two touchdowns?  it's hard to fathom an OU team with NFL athletes everywhere catching that amount of points isn't it?  I think for that reason alone books will get money on both sides with that line, it's a very intelligent line by the oddsmakers, I've seen many on OU and I've seen many on Baylor in this forum, the line is that good in my opinion

    we as gamblers are very aware of Baylor because they are a covering machine so we all love them, the nation as a whole though is only talking 3-4 teams for the title, none of which include Baylor, the Bears know they haven't played a tough schedule and they have to prove themselves in this game, Briles does an amazing job getting his team to believe in what they are doing and to think they are the best team in the country, I think the nation will be taking notice on Thursday night

    if OU led early it wouldn't surprise me but I like Baylor to pull away and pull away big at some point


    I'll go with 52-27

    this is my opinion of how things play out, bet responsibly and make your own decisions regarding this game

    if you want to disagree or rip me if this game loses then give your thoughts here before the game starts and you can do that, I can stand the heat but bring it, don't be a typical forum coward that throws up burning bags in people's threads (one of the many things I won't miss about the lames around here)

    I'm too tired to spell check so forgive the typos



    Must read , thanks wahoo troll trying too add to degenerate ways thanks.


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by WahooS:

    for ndsent1

    my thoughts on Oklahoma/Baylor

    let me start by saying I have a tremendous amount of respect for Bob Stoops, I believe he runs an honest ship in Norman and he has accomplished alot in his career at that great program, conference titles, national title, just a great career that is under appreciated by many, it is very hard to do what Nick Saban is doing, that is why guys like Bob deserve more credit in my opinion

    that said, I look at his past results outside of Norman against good teams in recent years and I can't help but think this game will end with the same tough results

    they have played two teams that tried up tempo against them, Texas and Texas Tech, their defense had trouble with both, if you go back and watch the Texas/OU game again you will notice the Sooners having trouble with up tempo, the Sooners couldn't get aligned and really got beat on that side of the ball, I don't need to give a writeup for you to know that the Baylor up tempo and the Texas up tempo are worlds apart, I believe the OU defense will be the weak link in this game, not their offense which has been in several of their games

    I respect OU's ability to run the football and I do see them getting their fair share of points, they may score 30, certainly capable of that without question but I'm betting on that not being nearly enough, this game sort of reminds me of the UCLA/Oregon game where one team will try to punch the other in the mouth and it may work for a while but it's only a matter of time before the Bears pull away, Baylor could literally be down 7 with a minute left in the 3rd quarter and still cover this number

    many will expect OU to implement the Kansas St game plan and play keep away from the Baylor fast break but I don't see Bob doing that, his team plays much faster than Kansas St and I don't think he is willing to change his style just because he is playing Baylor (a team he has owned), OU doesn't operate at a Baylor type speed but they do have an up tempo style with quick snaps, etc and they like to keep the defense guessing, I think their own version of up tempo works against them here, if Bob did slow it down and try to grind out the clock then OU would almost certainly keep this close with a chance to win (they do have more play makers than Kansas St does if we are being honest)

    since I don't coach at OU and coaches don't give out their game plan prior to a game I can only guess that Bob and the Sooners will stick to their style of play, I think they will and I'm betting on it, I may pay for this assumption, it's possible

    now lets chat about homefield, it means almost everything in college football, defenses play better, offenses play better, it's easier to get your tempo going, special teams usually play better, its just a huge difference in the college game, all you have to do is look at OU teams under Stoops at home, a great example

    this is a rare major network night game for the Baylor Bears against a big time opponent, the spread of 13.5 to 14.5 (I guess now its 15ish) is a brilliant line in my opinion, how many times have you seen the legend Bob Stoops and his top quality Oklahoma program catching two touchdowns?  it's hard to fathom an OU team with NFL athletes everywhere catching that amount of points isn't it?  I think for that reason alone books will get money on both sides with that line, it's a very intelligent line by the oddsmakers, I've seen many on OU and I've seen many on Baylor in this forum, the line is that good in my opinion

    we as gamblers are very aware of Baylor because they are a covering machine so we all love them, the nation as a whole though is only talking 3-4 teams for the title, none of which include Baylor, the Bears know they haven't played a tough schedule and they have to prove themselves in this game, Briles does an amazing job getting his team to believe in what they are doing and to think they are the best team in the country, I think the nation will be taking notice on Thursday night

    if OU led early it wouldn't surprise me but I like Baylor to pull away and pull away big at some point


    I'll go with 52-27

    this is my opinion of how things play out, bet responsibly and make your own decisions regarding this game

    if you want to disagree or rip me if this game loses then give your thoughts here before the game starts and you can do that, I can stand the heat but bring it, don't be a typical forum coward that throws up burning bags in people's threads (one of the many things I won't miss about the lames around here)

    I'm too tired to spell check so forgive the typos



    Must read , thanks wahoo troll trying too add to degenerate ways thanks.


     
    WahooS
    WahooS
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2004
    Posts: 25681
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2013 - 11:55 AM ET #105

    Quote Originally Posted by BigShotBill:

    Loving Oregon tomorrow. What are your thoughts?

    Stanford seems overrated. They barely beat Washington at home and they didn't play well vs. UCLA at home, they were tied half way through the third Q. They lost to Utah and barely beat Oregon St on the road. Those are their last 4 games played. This isn't last years team in my opinion.

    Hogan just doesn't impress me at all at QB. Last 4 games he's 59% comp % 3 tds 2 ints 165.5 pass yds per game. Their TEs are nothing this year and Hogan really misses Ertz and Toilolo. Oregon probably has a top 3 secondary in the country too so I don't see things getting better here. If Oregon can plug their ground game I just don't see how they can stay with Oregon.

    Thoughts?

    I've liked Oregon all year to get their revenge on Stanford but their recent issues with ball security against Washington St and UCLA just stick in my head and worry me some

    this particular version of Stanford isn't quite the same as they have been, I haven't been as impressed with their run this season even though they still get it done

    a line of 10ish isn't alot for a team like Oregon if they get their tempo going and are able put pressure on the Stanford defense, I think at some point that will happen but the Oregon defense will need to get off the field for the Ducks to pull away

    if I were to bet this game I'd lean Oregon & under, my score prediction would be like 37-20 so both may be close to the 10 & 61.5 numbers

    I will most likely watch first half and then wait for a possible halftime play

    I'm obviously a big fan of Oregon and want them to stay unbeaten but this game scares me a little bit, that said, I would expect the Ducks to get the win, we will see






    .
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by BigShotBill:

    Loving Oregon tomorrow. What are your thoughts?

    Stanford seems overrated. They barely beat Washington at home and they didn't play well vs. UCLA at home, they were tied half way through the third Q. They lost to Utah and barely beat Oregon St on the road. Those are their last 4 games played. This isn't last years team in my opinion.

    Hogan just doesn't impress me at all at QB. Last 4 games he's 59% comp % 3 tds 2 ints 165.5 pass yds per game. Their TEs are nothing this year and Hogan really misses Ertz and Toilolo. Oregon probably has a top 3 secondary in the country too so I don't see things getting better here. If Oregon can plug their ground game I just don't see how they can stay with Oregon.

    Thoughts?

    I've liked Oregon all year to get their revenge on Stanford but their recent issues with ball security against Washington St and UCLA just stick in my head and worry me some

    this particular version of Stanford isn't quite the same as they have been, I haven't been as impressed with their run this season even though they still get it done

    a line of 10ish isn't alot for a team like Oregon if they get their tempo going and are able put pressure on the Stanford defense, I think at some point that will happen but the Oregon defense will need to get off the field for the Ducks to pull away

    if I were to bet this game I'd lean Oregon & under, my score prediction would be like 37-20 so both may be close to the 10 & 61.5 numbers

    I will most likely watch first half and then wait for a possible halftime play

    I'm obviously a big fan of Oregon and want them to stay unbeaten but this game scares me a little bit, that said, I would expect the Ducks to get the win, we will see






     
    WahooS
    WahooS
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2004
    Posts: 25681
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2013 - 11:57 AM ET #106

    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

    Baylor



    Saving the trolls some time.



    I know, I'll be eagerly awaiting them tonight, never seen such a group of people that wanted others to lose, I suppose misery needs company
    .
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAIN69:

    Baylor



    Saving the trolls some time.



    I know, I'll be eagerly awaiting them tonight, never seen such a group of people that wanted others to lose, I suppose misery needs company
     
    mweins2
    mweins2
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 253
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2013 - 12:36 PM ET #107

    Any thoughts on the Baylor TT over 45?
    Reply
    Any thoughts on the Baylor TT over 45?
     
    mweins2
    mweins2
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2005
    Posts: 253
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2013 - 12:41 PM ET #108

    Let me throw a couple of other thoughts your way...  Any insight?  

    In the SEC, as DoubleUp has pointed out, Vandy is off a bye playing a very beatable UF.  

    Tennessee gets what I believe to be an overrated Auburn team at home where Tennessee has fared well this season (Beat SC and narrowly lost to UGA).  

    Finally, LSU at Bama, Bama is solid all around but 13 points is a lot historically in this game.  Also, Bama doesn't do a great job sacking the QB, which means time for the LSU offense to get going.  
    Reply
    Let me throw a couple of other thoughts your way...  Any insight?  

    In the SEC, as DoubleUp has pointed out, Vandy is off a bye playing a very beatable UF.  

    Tennessee gets what I believe to be an overrated Auburn team at home where Tennessee has fared well this season (Beat SC and narrowly lost to UGA).  

    Finally, LSU at Bama, Bama is solid all around but 13 points is a lot historically in this game.  Also, Bama doesn't do a great job sacking the QB, which means time for the LSU offense to get going.  
     
    gbranchick
    gbranchick
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 9
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2013 - 1:00 PM ET #109

    my book has baylor up to 16.5?! Do you still like this number, or should i tease down with maybe oregon? I would appreciate some help.
    Reply
    my book has baylor up to 16.5?! Do you still like this number, or should i tease down with maybe oregon? I would appreciate some help.
     
    Mr-Stache
    Mr-Stache
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 828
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2013 - 1:46 PM ET #110

    Good Luck Wahoo. 


    Reply
    Good Luck Wahoo. 


     
    themog
    themog
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 627
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2013 - 1:49 PM ET #111

    GL Wahoos
    Reply
    GL Wahoos
     
    Mr-Stache
    Mr-Stache
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2013
    Posts: 828
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2013 - 1:51 PM ET #112

    Quote Originally Posted by mweins2:

    Let me throw a couple of other thoughts your way...  Any insight?  

    In the SEC, as DoubleUp has pointed out, Vandy is off a bye playing a very beatable UF.  

    Tennessee gets what I believe to be an overrated Auburn team at home where Tennessee has fared well this season (Beat SC and narrowly lost to UGA).

    Finally, LSU at Bama, Bama is solid all around but 13 points is a lot historically in this game.  Also, Bama doesn't do a great job sacking the QB, which means time for the LSU offense to get going.  

    OVER-RATED AUBURN?? Thats crazy talk.

    Tennessee is exhausted, they played South Carolina, Alabama, Missouri, now Auburn without rest. 

    South Carolina rushed for 218, Alabama rushed for 204, Missouri rushed for 339 vs Tennessee

    Auburn might be the best team on the ground right now. 


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mweins2:

    Let me throw a couple of other thoughts your way...  Any insight?  

    In the SEC, as DoubleUp has pointed out, Vandy is off a bye playing a very beatable UF.  

    Tennessee gets what I believe to be an overrated Auburn team at home where Tennessee has fared well this season (Beat SC and narrowly lost to UGA).

    Finally, LSU at Bama, Bama is solid all around but 13 points is a lot historically in this game.  Also, Bama doesn't do a great job sacking the QB, which means time for the LSU offense to get going.  

    OVER-RATED AUBURN?? Thats crazy talk.

    Tennessee is exhausted, they played South Carolina, Alabama, Missouri, now Auburn without rest. 

    South Carolina rushed for 218, Alabama rushed for 204, Missouri rushed for 339 vs Tennessee

    Auburn might be the best team on the ground right now. 


     
    WahooS
    WahooS
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2004
    Posts: 25681
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2013 - 2:27 PM ET #113

    gbranchick--

    Tease it below 10 with your favorite play, vast majority of my bet is 13.5 (about 1/4 @ 14), I like those numbers much better than current just in case it's closer than expected late in the game, Oklahoma is a big time program & not the same as playing Iowa st or buffalo so no reason to chase the line if you don't have to

    Best of luck

    .
    Reply
    gbranchick--

    Tease it below 10 with your favorite play, vast majority of my bet is 13.5 (about 1/4 @ 14), I like those numbers much better than current just in case it's closer than expected late in the game, Oklahoma is a big time program & not the same as playing Iowa st or buffalo so no reason to chase the line if you don't have to

    Best of luck

     
    gbranchick
    gbranchick
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 9
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2013 - 2:47 PM ET #114

    Thanks wahooS!
    Reply
    Thanks wahooS!
     
    JEG53
    JEG53
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 26758
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2013 - 3:32 PM ET #115

    All those services that have my e-mail are giving out Baylor as their free play,line is15 on them,it doesn't mean alot as they are probally 50-50 on free plays,I just find it funny that they are not willing to make it a paid play,I'm sure it's the amount of points,but it's rare when it is the same play from all of them I get.
    I also think that this game is Baylor best chance to stay in a BCS game,don't think they have a chance for Championship game as the top 3 will have 2 at least without a loss,tonight is Ore.last big test other than Ore.St at end of year,but should not lose to either.
    My point is any BCS game is worth 25 mill.to the school,if Baylor loses tonight they lose their chance at the big new year payday.
    And your right about the #,Vegas should clean up no matter which way it goes.
    Reply
    All those services that have my e-mail are giving out Baylor as their free play,line is15 on them,it doesn't mean alot as they are probally 50-50 on free plays,I just find it funny that they are not willing to make it a paid play,I'm sure it's the amount of points,but it's rare when it is the same play from all of them I get.
    I also think that this game is Baylor best chance to stay in a BCS game,don't think they have a chance for Championship game as the top 3 will have 2 at least without a loss,tonight is Ore.last big test other than Ore.St at end of year,but should not lose to either.
    My point is any BCS game is worth 25 mill.to the school,if Baylor loses tonight they lose their chance at the big new year payday.
    And your right about the #,Vegas should clean up no matter which way it goes.
     
    ndsent1
    ndsent1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 20795
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2013 - 3:35 PM ET #116

    Baylor versus OU write ups

    Nice write up Wahoos,
    You pretty much sealed the deal as far as I'm concerned.
    Baylor has a 90% chance of beating Oklahoma ,
    OUs  injuries are pretty much thinned out the OU lineup, it was already thinner than the previous years,
    They lost linebacker Corey Nelson a few weeks ago  Along with their star fullback Trey Millard  because of a torn ACL.
    Baylors got the nations two best receivers being Tevin reese and Antoine goodley .
    Goodley is  averaging 17.7 yards per Target and Reese is averaging 17.5.
    Oklahoma is not the best pass defense Baylor has faced so far this year.
     Kansas st. defense is currently ranked 10th in passing Only because the Wildcats held quarterback Bryce Perry to just 12 for 21 passing twice in Baylors  35-25 win
    The problem for Kansas State was that those 12 completions coverd 332 yards . k state  slowed Baylor down more frequently than anybody else has,  But Reese still caught passes of 54 and 93 yards, Goobley still Caught a 72 yarder and Baylor still won by 10.
    Reply
    Baylor versus OU write ups

    Nice write up Wahoos,
    You pretty much sealed the deal as far as I'm concerned.
    Baylor has a 90% chance of beating Oklahoma ,
    OUs  injuries are pretty much thinned out the OU lineup, it was already thinner than the previous years,
    They lost linebacker Corey Nelson a few weeks ago  Along with their star fullback Trey Millard  because of a torn ACL.
    Baylors got the nations two best receivers being Tevin reese and Antoine goodley .
    Goodley is  averaging 17.7 yards per Target and Reese is averaging 17.5.
    Oklahoma is not the best pass defense Baylor has faced so far this year.
     Kansas st. defense is currently ranked 10th in passing Only because the Wildcats held quarterback Bryce Perry to just 12 for 21 passing twice in Baylors  35-25 win
    The problem for Kansas State was that those 12 completions coverd 332 yards . k state  slowed Baylor down more frequently than anybody else has,  But Reese still caught passes of 54 and 93 yards, Goobley still Caught a 72 yarder and Baylor still won by 10.
     
    Chigambler
    Chigambler
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2011
    Posts: 183
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2013 - 3:39 PM ET #117

    Thanks for the comment/critiques in my thread. Looks like we disagree in Stan/Oregon tonight. I don't post much, but I'm always reading through the best guys on covers for opinions and you're one of the best.  Sorry to hear you're retiring. It will be a loss for the forum! GL!
    Reply
    Thanks for the comment/critiques in my thread. Looks like we disagree in Stan/Oregon tonight. I don't post much, but I'm always reading through the best guys on covers for opinions and you're one of the best.  Sorry to hear you're retiring. It will be a loss for the forum! GL!
     
    WahooS
    WahooS
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2004
    Posts: 25681
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2013 - 3:54 PM ET #118

    JEG53--

    I'm looking forward to the game , both are good teams & I like both programs, just feel as though OU is walking into a hornets nest

    If OU wins the coin toss & establishes a long running ball control drive for a TD then us Baylor backers may be in trouble, if Baylor gets the ball first then let the games begin

    I'm just ready to get it going & see some football, tonight is as good as it gets for me, I love fast football so Baylor & Oregon are favorite teams of mine

    I hate old school smash mouth 10-6 type of finals, would rather nap than watch that crapola, give me offense & innovative minds

    .
    Reply
    JEG53--

    I'm looking forward to the game , both are good teams & I like both programs, just feel as though OU is walking into a hornets nest

    If OU wins the coin toss & establishes a long running ball control drive for a TD then us Baylor backers may be in trouble, if Baylor gets the ball first then let the games begin

    I'm just ready to get it going & see some football, tonight is as good as it gets for me, I love fast football so Baylor & Oregon are favorite teams of mine

    I hate old school smash mouth 10-6 type of finals, would rather nap than watch that crapola, give me offense & innovative minds

     
    ndsent1
    ndsent1
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 20795
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2013 - 4:21 PM ET #119

    Agreed,
    I'm looking forward to a good fast game as well. I just want this game to bring Bob stoops down off his high horse.
    Good luck to everyone tonight.
    Reply
    Agreed,
    I'm looking forward to a good fast game as well. I just want this game to bring Bob stoops down off his high horse.
    Good luck to everyone tonight.
     
    BenCats1
    BenCats1
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2005
    Posts: 63
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2013 - 5:18 PM ET #120

    I read a lot and rarely post on forums but it has  been enjoyable reading WahooS the few times I've came to this site and a few others on here. Too bad Wahoo found something better to do, he has a dandy head on his shoulders and knows more about college football than probably 85-90% of those that think they do. The thing I enjoy most about him is he doesn't beat his own drum! Lastly, he is also smart enough to know not to pick a lotta games and that's why he's been successful. There's a guy on CBS who is a better than average picker but he picks 25-30 games a week plus a few o/uders and wonders why he isn't picking 50%! This comes from a guy who booked for 30 years, so I have a clue what I'm talking about!
    Reply
    I read a lot and rarely post on forums but it has  been enjoyable reading WahooS the few times I've came to this site and a few others on here. Too bad Wahoo found something better to do, he has a dandy head on his shoulders and knows more about college football than probably 85-90% of those that think they do. The thing I enjoy most about him is he doesn't beat his own drum! Lastly, he is also smart enough to know not to pick a lotta games and that's why he's been successful. There's a guy on CBS who is a better than average picker but he picks 25-30 games a week plus a few o/uders and wonders why he isn't picking 50%! This comes from a guy who booked for 30 years, so I have a clue what I'm talking about!
     
    Godores
    Godores
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2013
    Posts: 2
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2013 - 5:40 PM ET #121

    WahooS

    Huge fan and always love your insight.  Most boring game of the night is definitely Troy but wanted to know your thoughts on the Trojans + 14
    Reply
    WahooS

    Huge fan and always love your insight.  Most boring game of the night is definitely Troy but wanted to know your thoughts on the Trojans + 14
     
    JEG53
    JEG53
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 26758
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2013 - 5:46 PM ET #122

    wahooS
    that is why you hate B-10 football,only a few good games a year,but it is passing alot more now.

    Reply
    wahooS
    that is why you hate B-10 football,only a few good games a year,but it is passing alot more now.

     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55705
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2013 - 5:47 PM ET #123

    Byalor/ULL/Oregon ML parlay -130ish


    Not too shabby imo. What you say Wahoo?
    Reply
    Byalor/ULL/Oregon ML parlay -130ish


    Not too shabby imo. What you say Wahoo?
     
    doggs
    doggs
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2008
    Posts: 2241
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2013 - 6:01 PM ET #124

    I am a dog bettor and don't like either Stanford or Oklahoma tonight.  Oregon in my opinion the best team in the nation and I think they will roll on Stanford tonight.  I didn't think I would ever see the day where Baylor was favored by 17 points over Oklahoma but this Oklahoma team is very inconsistent.  I just don't think the Sooners can keep up. 

    So the dogs will be sleeping in the doghouse tonight.  Don't wake them up.

    Best of luck.

    Reply

    I am a dog bettor and don't like either Stanford or Oklahoma tonight.  Oregon in my opinion the best team in the nation and I think they will roll on Stanford tonight.  I didn't think I would ever see the day where Baylor was favored by 17 points over Oklahoma but this Oklahoma team is very inconsistent.  I just don't think the Sooners can keep up. 

    So the dogs will be sleeping in the doghouse tonight.  Don't wake them up.

    Best of luck.

     
     
    Mikeyyy
    Mikeyyy
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2012
    Posts: 149
    Posted: Nov. 7, 2013 - 6:11 PM ET #125

    Wahoos, it feels like a eulogy around here, i hate that - I hope you get bored and drop in next year 2 or 3 times a year if u feel up to it - deal?

    if you can loosely commit to that, i think peeps wouldn't be so negative that you are leaving - leaving should be a happy thing!
    Reply
    Wahoos, it feels like a eulogy around here, i hate that - I hope you get bored and drop in next year 2 or 3 times a year if u feel up to it - deal?

    if you can loosely commit to that, i think peeps wouldn't be so negative that you are leaving - leaving should be a happy thing!
    All Forums | College Football
    «First Previous 123 ... 567 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,486
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,711
    • Sunday 10/04/2026 692
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,374
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 9,264
    • Monday 10/05/2026 526
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,528
    • Lions vs Panthers in game live SNF 1,893
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,321
    • NFL THREAD * 151 * 17,022

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.