Sports talk radio here in T-Town is saying a few things..
1. TU's top player, Demarco Nelson, is ineligible for tonight's game. He's the 2nd most experienced player in the nation. He's started 39 straight games. Huge blow to lose your leader
2. Wherever they had planned on landing, the runway was too short so they had to land in Toledo. That's not that far of a drive but the kicker is, they had to wait hours to get enough buses to load the guys/equipment up and get them to Bowling Green, causing their pregame itinerary to get all screwed up.
It may not mean jack but simple things like this could really throw a wrench in the plan and mess with the player's heads. Guys on the radio said they missed the pregame meal today and now they're going with PB&J's
Good luck to whoever makes plays tonight. I may make a small wager one way or another but nothing big until I see some things
To remove first post, remove entire topic.
Sports talk radio here in T-Town is saying a few things..
1. TU's top player, Demarco Nelson, is ineligible for tonight's game. He's the 2nd most experienced player in the nation. He's started 39 straight games. Huge blow to lose your leader
2. Wherever they had planned on landing, the runway was too short so they had to land in Toledo. That's not that far of a drive but the kicker is, they had to wait hours to get enough buses to load the guys/equipment up and get them to Bowling Green, causing their pregame itinerary to get all screwed up.
It may not mean jack but simple things like this could really throw a wrench in the plan and mess with the player's heads. Guys on the radio said they missed the pregame meal today and now they're going with PB&J's
Good luck to whoever makes plays tonight. I may make a small wager one way or another but nothing big until I see some things
It was known yesterday that Nelson was out. He has a soph backing him up so yep, it's a problem. However, the BG passing game does not frighten anyone so as long as the kid is assignment sure, the effect may be negligible.
As far as the other stuff, I guess if your on BG, it makes a feel good and if your on Tulsa, worrying about what they are eating means nothing. In any event, kick-off is creeping ever so closer so we'll find out the answer to all our questions...........
It was known yesterday that Nelson was out. He has a soph backing him up so yep, it's a problem. However, the BG passing game does not frighten anyone so as long as the kid is assignment sure, the effect may be negligible.
As far as the other stuff, I guess if your on BG, it makes a feel good and if your on Tulsa, worrying about what they are eating means nothing. In any event, kick-off is creeping ever so closer so we'll find out the answer to all our questions...........
I'm not saying what they're eating really matters, it was more of a "their schedules for today is so jacked up" point that I was trying to make. I'm sure it probably won't matter come coin flip but these players and coaches are so military like on pregame. Everything is in detail down to every minute. It won't make a difference in winning and losing but there's a chance they could come out a little off considering this is week 1 and they had a lot of off the field stuff happen in the last 24 hours. Not predicting anything, just trying to share info
I'm not saying what they're eating really matters, it was more of a "their schedules for today is so jacked up" point that I was trying to make. I'm sure it probably won't matter come coin flip but these players and coaches are so military like on pregame. Everything is in detail down to every minute. It won't make a difference in winning and losing but there's a chance they could come out a little off considering this is week 1 and they had a lot of off the field stuff happen in the last 24 hours. Not predicting anything, just trying to share info
I'm not saying what they're eating really matters, it was more of a "their schedules for today is so jacked up" point that I was trying to make. I'm sure it probably won't matter come coin flip but these players and coaches are so military like on pregame. Everything is in detail down to every minute. It won't make a difference in winning and losing but there's a chance they could come out a little off considering this is week 1 and they had a lot of off the field stuff happen in the last 24 hours. Not predicting anything, just trying to share info
It was great info and much appreciated. I was bad at making my point which was just that depending on what side you bet, determines the over-all gist of what you posted. Good luck to you.
Quote Originally Posted by MoneyMakinMoe:
I'm not saying what they're eating really matters, it was more of a "their schedules for today is so jacked up" point that I was trying to make. I'm sure it probably won't matter come coin flip but these players and coaches are so military like on pregame. Everything is in detail down to every minute. It won't make a difference in winning and losing but there's a chance they could come out a little off considering this is week 1 and they had a lot of off the field stuff happen in the last 24 hours. Not predicting anything, just trying to share info
It was great info and much appreciated. I was bad at making my point which was just that depending on what side you bet, determines the over-all gist of what you posted. Good luck to you.