• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | College Football

    LAST2THIRST Weeks 1 - 5  NCAAF Sides  

    «First Previous 12345 Next Last»
    spottie2935
    Last2thirst
    DoYouMind69
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 5105
    Posts: 124
    «First Previous 12345 Next Last»
     
    spottie2935
    spottie2935
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2001
    Posts: 23161
    Posted: Sep. 3, 2024 - 4:45 AM ET #76

    @Last2thirst

     Fading top 10 teams excel.  Most often They are deadly to me.  I still consider them but I focus on finding weakness in favorites. 

     

    Recency: 

     

    A team that was favored in week 1 and is a dog in week 2 

    Said dog fail to get their team total by at least 10 points in week one. They failed to score miserably.  This dog is not playing a ranked team. These dogs are 39-17-1 ATS 


    Michigan St. 16-10 vs. FAU

    S. Carolina 23-19 vs.ODU

    U Mass I’m not considering this team. No play

     

    play on Michigan St.+8.5

    play on S. Carolina +10

     

    minimum these go 1-1 so to me the risk is juice. 

    last weeks terrible performance has thrown a lot of eyeballs off the teams.  Probably added a few points to the lines as well.  

    Spottie2935 on socials
    Reply

    @Last2thirst

     Fading top 10 teams excel.  Most often They are deadly to me.  I still consider them but I focus on finding weakness in favorites. 

     

    Recency: 

     

    A team that was favored in week 1 and is a dog in week 2 

    Said dog fail to get their team total by at least 10 points in week one. They failed to score miserably.  This dog is not playing a ranked team. These dogs are 39-17-1 ATS 


    Michigan St. 16-10 vs. FAU

    S. Carolina 23-19 vs.ODU

    U Mass I’m not considering this team. No play

     

    play on Michigan St.+8.5

    play on S. Carolina +10

     

    minimum these go 1-1 so to me the risk is juice. 

    last weeks terrible performance has thrown a lot of eyeballs off the teams.  Probably added a few points to the lines as well.  

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13686
    Posted: Sep. 3, 2024 - 9:33 AM ET #77

    Quote Originally Posted by spottie2935:

    @Last2thirst  Fading top 10 teams excel.  Most often They are deadly to me.  I still consider them but I focus on finding weakness in favorites.    Recency:    A team that was favored in week 1 and is a dog in week 2  Said dog fail to get their team total by at least 10 points in week one. They failed to score miserably.  This dog is not playing a ranked team. These dogs are 39-17-1 ATS  Michigan St. 16-10 vs. FAU S. Carolina 23-19 vs.ODU U Mass I’m not considering this team. No play   play on Michigan St.+8.5 play on S. Carolina +10   minimum these go 1-1 so to me the risk is juice.  last weeks terrible performance has thrown a lot of eyeballs off the teams.  Probably added a few points to the lines as well.

     

    Thanks for those....will keep an eye and sprinkle in my parlays

    Might dive in more on those in my matchup sifting but already have 3 plays....looking for 1, maybe 2 more even though I thought I should limit week 1-3 to three plays tops. Vegas in my opinion is dangling some nice totals so I grabbed them

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by spottie2935:

    @Last2thirst  Fading top 10 teams excel.  Most often They are deadly to me.  I still consider them but I focus on finding weakness in favorites.    Recency:    A team that was favored in week 1 and is a dog in week 2  Said dog fail to get their team total by at least 10 points in week one. They failed to score miserably.  This dog is not playing a ranked team. These dogs are 39-17-1 ATS  Michigan St. 16-10 vs. FAU S. Carolina 23-19 vs.ODU U Mass I’m not considering this team. No play   play on Michigan St.+8.5 play on S. Carolina +10   minimum these go 1-1 so to me the risk is juice.  last weeks terrible performance has thrown a lot of eyeballs off the teams.  Probably added a few points to the lines as well.

     

    Thanks for those....will keep an eye and sprinkle in my parlays

    Might dive in more on those in my matchup sifting but already have 3 plays....looking for 1, maybe 2 more even though I thought I should limit week 1-3 to three plays tops. Vegas in my opinion is dangling some nice totals so I grabbed them

     
    DoYouMind69
    DoYouMind69
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2020
    Posts: 7021
    Posted: Sep. 3, 2024 - 10:20 AM ET #78

    LIKE THE ANGLE SPOTTIE.  also Great thread Last2thirst!  an_cheers

    "At 50, everyone has the face they deserve" -George Orwell
    Reply

    LIKE THE ANGLE SPOTTIE.  also Great thread Last2thirst!  an_cheers

     
    spottie2935
    spottie2935
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2001
    Posts: 23161
    Posted: Sep. 3, 2024 - 10:33 AM ET #79

    @Last2thirst

     ok gotcha but parlays if they go 1-1 thats no good. I would pass because of the ROI is bests for straights.

    Spottie2935 on socials
    Reply

    @Last2thirst

     ok gotcha but parlays if they go 1-1 thats no good. I would pass because of the ROI is bests for straights.

     
    DoYouMind69
    DoYouMind69
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2020
    Posts: 7021
    Posted: Sep. 3, 2024 - 11:02 AM ET #80

    @spottie2935

     

    @Last2thirst

     What are your guys thoughts on NC St catching the +7.5 at home on primetime. I'm sure WCU was not circled on their calander an_roll_laugh We know what game was circled here. Anyways the rookie for TENN looked good against an_laugh  Chatanooga and Im sure he will go onto have a good career but I can't see laying +7.5 on a rookie on the road  in a primetime game against the more experienced QB in Grayson McCall. Tenn Defense is really good but this is why Grayson came to NC St to showcase his NFL potentials. I'm sure NC St Defense coordinator will have something dialed up for the inexperienced rookie. Would love some thoughts here  an_cheers

    "At 50, everyone has the face they deserve" -George Orwell
    Reply

    @spottie2935

     

    @Last2thirst

     What are your guys thoughts on NC St catching the +7.5 at home on primetime. I'm sure WCU was not circled on their calander an_roll_laugh We know what game was circled here. Anyways the rookie for TENN looked good against an_laugh  Chatanooga and Im sure he will go onto have a good career but I can't see laying +7.5 on a rookie on the road  in a primetime game against the more experienced QB in Grayson McCall. Tenn Defense is really good but this is why Grayson came to NC St to showcase his NFL potentials. I'm sure NC St Defense coordinator will have something dialed up for the inexperienced rookie. Would love some thoughts here  an_cheers

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13686
    Posted: Sep. 3, 2024 - 2:03 PM ET #81

    Quote Originally Posted by DoYouMind69:

    @spottie2935   @Last2thirst  What are your guys thoughts on NC St catching the +7.5 at home on primetime. I'm sure WCU was not circled on their calander  We know what game was circled here. Anyways the rookie for TENN looked good against   Chatanooga and Im sure he will go onto have a good career but I can't see laying +7.5 on a rookie on the road  in a primetime game against the more experienced QB in Grayson McCall. Tenn Defense is really good but this is why Grayson came to NC St to showcase his NFL potentials. I'm sure NC St Defense coordinator will have something dialed up for the inexperienced rookie. Would love some thoughts here

     

     Hey, thanks for the nice comments. DOYOU an_cheers

    You should expect to see lots of updated info up to Week 5 and the chase list for the TOP 12 Contenders that I will update for myself and show since I do it for me and might as well show for others

     

    Both defenses are rated about the same preseason ...one is 18th/20th for the other

    Tennessee has them in recruitability and size likely....even speed. I think the line is right. Tennessee has to take care of business to have any shot and NCST realistically, does not have good upside unless they beat Tennessee so both teams will be motivated and then I would lean Tennessee winning. Rookie QB has some upside but could regress maybe once he plays faster teams like a Power 4 opponent

     

    I certainly wouldn't take Tenn -7.5 or even -6.5 since I am in watch mode and very selective in the first 3-5 weeks

     

    GL this week with your decisions

     

    By the way, I don't think McCall presents anything better than what Tenn is used to seeing in the SEC but I could be wrong which is why its a game to watch and help me later in the season or come bowl time

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by DoYouMind69:

    @spottie2935   @Last2thirst  What are your guys thoughts on NC St catching the +7.5 at home on primetime. I'm sure WCU was not circled on their calander  We know what game was circled here. Anyways the rookie for TENN looked good against   Chatanooga and Im sure he will go onto have a good career but I can't see laying +7.5 on a rookie on the road  in a primetime game against the more experienced QB in Grayson McCall. Tenn Defense is really good but this is why Grayson came to NC St to showcase his NFL potentials. I'm sure NC St Defense coordinator will have something dialed up for the inexperienced rookie. Would love some thoughts here

     

     Hey, thanks for the nice comments. DOYOU an_cheers

    You should expect to see lots of updated info up to Week 5 and the chase list for the TOP 12 Contenders that I will update for myself and show since I do it for me and might as well show for others

     

    Both defenses are rated about the same preseason ...one is 18th/20th for the other

    Tennessee has them in recruitability and size likely....even speed. I think the line is right. Tennessee has to take care of business to have any shot and NCST realistically, does not have good upside unless they beat Tennessee so both teams will be motivated and then I would lean Tennessee winning. Rookie QB has some upside but could regress maybe once he plays faster teams like a Power 4 opponent

     

    I certainly wouldn't take Tenn -7.5 or even -6.5 since I am in watch mode and very selective in the first 3-5 weeks

     

    GL this week with your decisions

     

    By the way, I don't think McCall presents anything better than what Tenn is used to seeing in the SEC but I could be wrong which is why its a game to watch and help me later in the season or come bowl time

     
    spottie2935
    spottie2935
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2001
    Posts: 23161
    Posted: Sep. 3, 2024 - 2:20 PM ET #82

    Can NC St. score 24 or more is the question.  Hard to answer after only one game.  I think with McCall it’s a yes.  On the other hand I know very little about these squads. 

    Spottie2935 on socials
    Reply

    Can NC St. score 24 or more is the question.  Hard to answer after only one game.  I think with McCall it’s a yes.  On the other hand I know very little about these squads. 

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13686
    Posted: Sep. 3, 2024 - 2:32 PM ET #83

    Now that I look at their defenses.... I am leaning towards the UNDER 60.5 here !

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    Now that I look at their defenses.... I am leaning towards the UNDER 60.5 here !

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13686
    Posted: Sep. 3, 2024 - 2:56 PM ET #84

    Looking at the Alabama game:

     

    This week it is Primetime Saturday slot at 7pm > not last week

    - USF has a better rated offense than WKY ....not by a big margin

    - USF has a far worse defense in rating (118th ) 

    - with a Wisconsin road trip on deck, I see no reason to dial things back and quite the opposite. Give Kirby's defense something to consider by opening up the playbook this week vs USF, changing things up vs Wisky with a much stronger defense and leaving Kirby guessing for Game #4 tilt 

    - you open up the playbook this week! 

    Play #4 - Alabama -31.5 x 1U  peace_5

     

    I could be wrong, but I am not worried about Alabama's ability to score each possession and carve up over 50 pts. Can their defense hold USF to under 21 pts? That is the challenge here

     

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    Looking at the Alabama game:

     

    This week it is Primetime Saturday slot at 7pm > not last week

    - USF has a better rated offense than WKY ....not by a big margin

    - USF has a far worse defense in rating (118th ) 

    - with a Wisconsin road trip on deck, I see no reason to dial things back and quite the opposite. Give Kirby's defense something to consider by opening up the playbook this week vs USF, changing things up vs Wisky with a much stronger defense and leaving Kirby guessing for Game #4 tilt 

    - you open up the playbook this week! 

    Play #4 - Alabama -31.5 x 1U  peace_5

     

    I could be wrong, but I am not worried about Alabama's ability to score each possession and carve up over 50 pts. Can their defense hold USF to under 21 pts? That is the challenge here

     

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13686
    Posted: Sep. 4, 2024 - 1:38 PM ET #85

    Summary of my Plays for Week 2: (notes for first 3 Plays are on page 3)

    -don't think I will do anymore unless I see something crazy....eyeing a few but lines have frozen now

    -looking into weather and totals now to see if there is something potentially too high

    - research into OVER/UNDER betting last night showed me most are on UNDERs this week....but so am I and early in my first 3 bets.... in Week 1, big games had the public jumping on OVERS in the Week 1 % of bets made ...by a longshot

     

    PLAY #1a - Rutgers -23 x 1.5U  and #1b UNDER 41 pts x 1U 

     

    Play #2 - Texas - Michigan UNDER 45 - x HALF U

     

    Play #3 - Iowa - Iowa St UNDER 36.5 x 1 U

    Play #4 - Alabama -31.5 x 1U

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    Summary of my Plays for Week 2: (notes for first 3 Plays are on page 3)

    -don't think I will do anymore unless I see something crazy....eyeing a few but lines have frozen now

    -looking into weather and totals now to see if there is something potentially too high

    - research into OVER/UNDER betting last night showed me most are on UNDERs this week....but so am I and early in my first 3 bets.... in Week 1, big games had the public jumping on OVERS in the Week 1 % of bets made ...by a longshot

     

    PLAY #1a - Rutgers -23 x 1.5U  and #1b UNDER 41 pts x 1U 

     

    Play #2 - Texas - Michigan UNDER 45 - x HALF U

     

    Play #3 - Iowa - Iowa St UNDER 36.5 x 1 U

    Play #4 - Alabama -31.5 x 1U

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13686
    Posted: Sep. 6, 2024 - 6:24 PM ET #86

    If I were to play a couple more plays..... an_roll_laugh....but I am going to stay disciplined and just use it on my proline parlays plays....

     

    That play would be:

    Memphis OVER 56.5 or 57  << like best  AND Memphis -18.5

    - Memphis is a top 5 and at worst, Top 10 rated offense  ( don't go by the first game > if they wanted, they could have put up 55-65 pts

    -they return 11 players including stars on offense (7 players)

    -their defense is stronger than Nevada but still rated just over 100th best....I expect Akron should get 17 pts at least and as many as 24 given the fact that a former ND Oline coach is there 

    - Troy returns 4-5 players in total.... only 1 player on Defense so if using the transfer portal, they might feel a little overwhelmed by the fact they would have to study film constantly to get to know the great offensive tendencies of Memphis offense

    - worse case scenario, 49 - 24 < most amount of Troy points likely.....and even 42 - 17 covers the TOTAL and SPREAD 

     

    Game tonight: 22 mph wind so I am on UNDER 37.5 in that type of weather > CROSSWIND

     

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    If I were to play a couple more plays..... an_roll_laugh....but I am going to stay disciplined and just use it on my proline parlays plays....

     

    That play would be:

    Memphis OVER 56.5 or 57  << like best  AND Memphis -18.5

    - Memphis is a top 5 and at worst, Top 10 rated offense  ( don't go by the first game > if they wanted, they could have put up 55-65 pts

    -they return 11 players including stars on offense (7 players)

    -their defense is stronger than Nevada but still rated just over 100th best....I expect Akron should get 17 pts at least and as many as 24 given the fact that a former ND Oline coach is there 

    - Troy returns 4-5 players in total.... only 1 player on Defense so if using the transfer portal, they might feel a little overwhelmed by the fact they would have to study film constantly to get to know the great offensive tendencies of Memphis offense

    - worse case scenario, 49 - 24 < most amount of Troy points likely.....and even 42 - 17 covers the TOTAL and SPREAD 

     

    Game tonight: 22 mph wind so I am on UNDER 37.5 in that type of weather > CROSSWIND

     

     
    DoYouMind69
    DoYouMind69
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2020
    Posts: 7021
    Posted: Sep. 6, 2024 - 7:01 PM ET #87

    GL  an_cheers                     was gonna play Dio with Sabbath- HEAVAN AND HELL the whole album was a masterpiece, settled for one of the best intros here, a good vibe gambling jam  peace_5

    "At 50, everyone has the face they deserve" -George Orwell
    Reply

    GL  an_cheers                     was gonna play Dio with Sabbath- HEAVAN AND HELL the whole album was a masterpiece, settled for one of the best intros here, a good vibe gambling jam  peace_5

     
    DoYouMind69
    DoYouMind69
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2020
    Posts: 7021
    Posted: Sep. 6, 2024 - 7:18 PM ET #88

                WHY NOT?   an_clap    an_2drinks

    "At 50, everyone has the face they deserve" -George Orwell
    Reply

                WHY NOT?   an_clap    an_2drinks

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13686
    Posted: Sep. 6, 2024 - 7:31 PM ET #89

    Quote Originally Posted by DoYouMind69:

    GL                       was gonna play Dio with Sabbath- HEAVAN AND HELL the whole album was a masterpiece, settled for one of the best intros here, a good vibe gambling jam

     

    Love Dio and Heaven and Hell goes back to when I used to cruise the beach strip at 16 ! Awesome memories

     

    Thanks you an_cheers

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by DoYouMind69:

    GL                       was gonna play Dio with Sabbath- HEAVAN AND HELL the whole album was a masterpiece, settled for one of the best intros here, a good vibe gambling jam

     

    Love Dio and Heaven and Hell goes back to when I used to cruise the beach strip at 16 ! Awesome memories

     

    Thanks you an_cheers

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13686
    Posted: Sep. 6, 2024 - 7:32 PM ET #90

    Quote Originally Posted by DoYouMind69:

    GL                       was gonna play Dio with Sabbath- HEAVAN AND HELL the whole album was a masterpiece, settled for one of the best intros here, a good vibe gambling jam

     

    Holy layers of guitar.... Judas Priest does that well...but these guys go a bit farther 

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by DoYouMind69:

    GL                       was gonna play Dio with Sabbath- HEAVAN AND HELL the whole album was a masterpiece, settled for one of the best intros here, a good vibe gambling jam

     

    Holy layers of guitar.... Judas Priest does that well...but these guys go a bit farther 

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13686
    Posted: Sep. 6, 2024 - 7:33 PM ET #91

    Quote Originally Posted by DoYouMind69:

    WHY NOT?

     

    Wow....that brings back memories....man! Thanks bro an_cheers

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by DoYouMind69:

    WHY NOT?

     

    Wow....that brings back memories....man! Thanks bro an_cheers

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13686
    Posted: Sep. 6, 2024 - 7:43 PM ET #92

    Might have to also break out some of my old stuff and things like original Dire Straits etc.....I like a lot of things

     

    Old rocking Styx or Reo Speedwagon even.....before they got bubble gum

     

     

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    Might have to also break out some of my old stuff and things like original Dire Straits etc.....I like a lot of things

     

    Old rocking Styx or Reo Speedwagon even.....before they got bubble gum

     

     

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13686
    Posted: Sep. 7, 2024 - 11:25 PM ET #93

    Summary of my Plays for Week 2:

    PLAY #1a - Rutgers -23 x 1.5U  win  and #1b UNDER 41 pts x 1U an_burningbag

    Play #2 - Texas - Michigan UNDER 45 - x HALF U  an_clap

    Play #3 - Iowa - Iowa St UNDER 36.5 x 1 U an_lightening an_burningbag and the line movement was weird ...same with the totals as it went down fast and then up for a couple days  << this game frustrated me,  wow what an ending....I had Iowa keyed on parlays on most tickets as well, son of a gun

    Play #4 - Alabama -31.5 x 1U  an_burningbag

     

    2 - 3 WEEK #2 (-1 U)

     

    Inclinations (not played but on top list):  << another reason to not get exuberant too early

    Memphis OVER 56.5  NO   AND Memphis -18.5  YES

    Arkansas +8.5   YES

    GTECH -3      NO

    Tulane +10    YES

    Michigan +6.5   NO !!

    Iowa -3      NO 

    Kansas -5.5  NO 

    Colorado +7  NO !   and UNDER 57.5  YES

    App St. +17.5  NO !

    Boise - Oregon OVER 61.5 ....??

     

    BEST TEAMS I saw tonight.... TEXAS and TENNESSEE << super impressive. They could have scored 60+ ....so big and fast

    We don't know how good Ohio St is ...... but I think this Tennessee team is going to surprise.....them or OLE MISS could jump up but right now, I think the Vols really impressed way more than I thought they would. I watched pretty much the whole game.

     

    PRESEASON ratings are real OFF this year and frankly, ratings of lower ranked teams are OFF also as evidenced by these teams:

    Under rated:

    -Nevada 

    -New Mexico St

    -Bowling Green

    -Northern Illinois

    -Florida International

    - UL Monroe

     

     

     

     

     

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    Summary of my Plays for Week 2:

    PLAY #1a - Rutgers -23 x 1.5U  win  and #1b UNDER 41 pts x 1U an_burningbag

    Play #2 - Texas - Michigan UNDER 45 - x HALF U  an_clap

    Play #3 - Iowa - Iowa St UNDER 36.5 x 1 U an_lightening an_burningbag and the line movement was weird ...same with the totals as it went down fast and then up for a couple days  << this game frustrated me,  wow what an ending....I had Iowa keyed on parlays on most tickets as well, son of a gun

    Play #4 - Alabama -31.5 x 1U  an_burningbag

     

    2 - 3 WEEK #2 (-1 U)

     

    Inclinations (not played but on top list):  << another reason to not get exuberant too early

    Memphis OVER 56.5  NO   AND Memphis -18.5  YES

    Arkansas +8.5   YES

    GTECH -3      NO

    Tulane +10    YES

    Michigan +6.5   NO !!

    Iowa -3      NO 

    Kansas -5.5  NO 

    Colorado +7  NO !   and UNDER 57.5  YES

    App St. +17.5  NO !

    Boise - Oregon OVER 61.5 ....??

     

    BEST TEAMS I saw tonight.... TEXAS and TENNESSEE << super impressive. They could have scored 60+ ....so big and fast

    We don't know how good Ohio St is ...... but I think this Tennessee team is going to surprise.....them or OLE MISS could jump up but right now, I think the Vols really impressed way more than I thought they would. I watched pretty much the whole game.

     

    PRESEASON ratings are real OFF this year and frankly, ratings of lower ranked teams are OFF also as evidenced by these teams:

    Under rated:

    -Nevada 

    -New Mexico St

    -Bowling Green

    -Northern Illinois

    -Florida International

    - UL Monroe

     

     

     

     

     

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13686
    Posted: Sep. 8, 2024 - 1:00 AM ET #94

    I now DON'T THINK think I have watched enough to match my preseason research and rankings:

     -BUT, I think I have found a gem of a team to follow 

     -what will matter is how a perceived talented football team will handle tough ball games and even adversity......CLEMSON showed tonight they can recover admirably but did not play a top 30 team but rather a middling program

    -expect this list to change a lot 

     

    TOP 6 (will release the rest pending Oregon outcome)

    1. Georgia - undisputed after week 2 

    2. Texas  - will have something to say about being #1 this year when they play GEORGIA

    - get some popcorn!

    3.  Ohio St - will have to beat Iowa, Nebraska and Oregon decisively in order to rise above Texas if Texas or Georgia play a close game in their upcoming battle/Buckeyes have weaker schedule

    4. Tennessee - based on what I saw and how they beat a top 40 team > might be better than Ole Miss because of their defense! Beat Bama and they stay Top 4

    ----------------------------------------------

    5. Alabama - plays Georgia and Tennessee on the road so they have to win 1 of those to move up and Milroe has to progress

    6. Ole Miss - only Oklahoma and Georgia stand in their way to being Top 4 team and that will come later so its hard to place them as they are unknown

     

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    I now DON'T THINK think I have watched enough to match my preseason research and rankings:

     -BUT, I think I have found a gem of a team to follow 

     -what will matter is how a perceived talented football team will handle tough ball games and even adversity......CLEMSON showed tonight they can recover admirably but did not play a top 30 team but rather a middling program

    -expect this list to change a lot 

     

    TOP 6 (will release the rest pending Oregon outcome)

    1. Georgia - undisputed after week 2 

    2. Texas  - will have something to say about being #1 this year when they play GEORGIA

    - get some popcorn!

    3.  Ohio St - will have to beat Iowa, Nebraska and Oregon decisively in order to rise above Texas if Texas or Georgia play a close game in their upcoming battle/Buckeyes have weaker schedule

    4. Tennessee - based on what I saw and how they beat a top 40 team > might be better than Ole Miss because of their defense! Beat Bama and they stay Top 4

    ----------------------------------------------

    5. Alabama - plays Georgia and Tennessee on the road so they have to win 1 of those to move up and Milroe has to progress

    6. Ole Miss - only Oklahoma and Georgia stand in their way to being Top 4 team and that will come later so its hard to place them as they are unknown

     

     
    spottie2935
    spottie2935
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2001
    Posts: 23161
    Posted: Sep. 8, 2024 - 1:15 AM ET #95

    I had a hunch that Alabama might take a step back this week with a few important games ahead.  I already had so many games.  

    anyways great week if conversations hope it was a good weekendthumbs_up

     

     

    Spottie2935 on socials
    Reply

    I had a hunch that Alabama might take a step back this week with a few important games ahead.  I already had so many games.  

    anyways great week if conversations hope it was a good weekendthumbs_up

     

     

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13686
    Posted: Sep. 8, 2024 - 1:39 AM ET #96

    THE REST OF THE TOP 12 + potential contenders....

     

    7. USC - great start and their defense might surprise 

    8. Miami - beat a good SEC team easily, you are good 

    -----------------------------------------------------------

    9. Missouri - thrashes a MAC team like they should while Penn St. struggles

    10. Penn St - good road win but looked week vs a MAC team > I am sure they will move up with a strong couple of games

     ----------------------------------------------------------

    11. Oregon - in a dogfight with Boise at home in Week #2 and have allowed an RB to run 192 yds on them!

    12a. UTAH

    12b. Oklahoma

    12c. pencil in a surprise because the two #12 teams above have tough schedules!

     

    Potential Contenders for #12 Position:

    LSU, Oklahoma St, Kansas St., Nebraska

     

    Outside Looking In Until They Figure Out Some Things on Offense or Defense:

    Notre Dame, Michigan, Clemson

     

    How Good Are They Really?

    Iowa St., Texas AM, Iowa, South Carolina, Virginia Tech, UCF, Boise, Rutgers 

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    THE REST OF THE TOP 12 + potential contenders....

     

    7. USC - great start and their defense might surprise 

    8. Miami - beat a good SEC team easily, you are good 

    -----------------------------------------------------------

    9. Missouri - thrashes a MAC team like they should while Penn St. struggles

    10. Penn St - good road win but looked week vs a MAC team > I am sure they will move up with a strong couple of games

     ----------------------------------------------------------

    11. Oregon - in a dogfight with Boise at home in Week #2 and have allowed an RB to run 192 yds on them!

    12a. UTAH

    12b. Oklahoma

    12c. pencil in a surprise because the two #12 teams above have tough schedules!

     

    Potential Contenders for #12 Position:

    LSU, Oklahoma St, Kansas St., Nebraska

     

    Outside Looking In Until They Figure Out Some Things on Offense or Defense:

    Notre Dame, Michigan, Clemson

     

    How Good Are They Really?

    Iowa St., Texas AM, Iowa, South Carolina, Virginia Tech, UCF, Boise, Rutgers 

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13686
    Posted: Sep. 8, 2024 - 12:11 PM ET #97

    FPI released is pretty close to my TOP 8  >> although Penn St. and Notre Dame are still rated high despite looking like they have some sizable warts, including motivation

     

    https://www.espn.com/college-football/fpi  << I never look at this to form my own ratings since I am betting based on what I see and compare rather than listening to pundits

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    FPI released is pretty close to my TOP 8  >> although Penn St. and Notre Dame are still rated high despite looking like they have some sizable warts, including motivation

     

    https://www.espn.com/college-football/fpi  << I never look at this to form my own ratings since I am betting based on what I see and compare rather than listening to pundits

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13686
    Posted: Sep. 8, 2024 - 3:36 PM ET #98

    Week 3: Record = 4 - 4  (+1 U) / 2 - 3 last week

     

     Play #1 - Kansas -6.5 x 1U 

    - I'll take the bait > JD not playing lights out yet but this team can play crazy good at home and have an excellent running game that I think will open things up for him

    -SP+ has UNLV ranked 119th on Defense....after 2 weeks, they have moved up to 106th

    - Kansas D is decent  67th preseason rank SP+ > now 53rd after 2 games

     

    Offense for Jayhawks still rated around 15th!

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    Week 3: Record = 4 - 4  (+1 U) / 2 - 3 last week

     

     Play #1 - Kansas -6.5 x 1U 

    - I'll take the bait > JD not playing lights out yet but this team can play crazy good at home and have an excellent running game that I think will open things up for him

    -SP+ has UNLV ranked 119th on Defense....after 2 weeks, they have moved up to 106th

    - Kansas D is decent  67th preseason rank SP+ > now 53rd after 2 games

     

    Offense for Jayhawks still rated around 15th!

     
    spottie2935
    spottie2935
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2001
    Posts: 23161
    Posted: Sep. 8, 2024 - 7:58 PM ET #99

    I like Kansas.  I’ve been waiting on an opportunity to fade UNLV after last years achievements.  Good one here

     

    i got -7 I hope it doesn’t come into play. 

    Spottie2935 on socials
    Reply

    I like Kansas.  I’ve been waiting on an opportunity to fade UNLV after last years achievements.  Good one here

     

    i got -7 I hope it doesn’t come into play. 

     
     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13686
    Posted: Sep. 8, 2024 - 9:30 PM ET #100

    Play #2 - WVU -2.5 x 2U << my best bet so far

    - I don't see a rookie QB rising up to beat a hungry WVU team 

    - last year, Greene did not play in the game after the first series getting injury

    - Donaldson had a good game and the final score was 17 - 6 for WVU @ home

    - yes, J. White his co RB producer may not play but Greene can make up for that with his own legs

    - Pitt only returns 2 defenders and lost some good defense players in the portal

    - no way will WVU let a freshmen  beat them in my opinion, especially with so many vets and 13 players coming back for WVU.... offense will show the way, defense will buy in with pride getting to the rookie 

    - this was supposed a rebuild year for Pitt and big plans for WVU << side with their big plans 

    - besides, Pitt plays a FCS next and WVU has a tough run of very competitive games and coach will have they dialed in for this game to lead into the next stretch

     

    I continue to shop....

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    Play #2 - WVU -2.5 x 2U << my best bet so far

    - I don't see a rookie QB rising up to beat a hungry WVU team 

    - last year, Greene did not play in the game after the first series getting injury

    - Donaldson had a good game and the final score was 17 - 6 for WVU @ home

    - yes, J. White his co RB producer may not play but Greene can make up for that with his own legs

    - Pitt only returns 2 defenders and lost some good defense players in the portal

    - no way will WVU let a freshmen  beat them in my opinion, especially with so many vets and 13 players coming back for WVU.... offense will show the way, defense will buy in with pride getting to the rookie 

    - this was supposed a rebuild year for Pitt and big plans for WVU << side with their big plans 

    - besides, Pitt plays a FCS next and WVU has a tough run of very competitive games and coach will have they dialed in for this game to lead into the next stretch

     

    I continue to shop....

    All Forums | College Football
    «First Previous 12345 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Claiming Prizes 57,678
    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,376
    • Sunday 10/04/2026 683
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,054
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,304
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 8,285
    • This Seattle Line Is Begging for a Discussion 2,805
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,472
    • Sunday nFl Wk 4 8,138
    • __________ 📌 🏈 ?? Fubah's NFL 2026: Week 04 🚩🚩🚩🚩 12,927

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.