• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | College Football

    LAST2THIRST Weeks 1 - 5  NCAAF Sides  

    «First Previous 12345 Next Last»
    GENERALWIZDOM
    Last2thirst
    Boisestateand8
    vankiep_0007
    UNIMAN
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 5105
    Posts: 124
    «First Previous 12345 Next Last»
     
    GENERALWIZDOM
    GENERALWIZDOM
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2016
    Posts: 3029
    Posted: Aug. 27, 2024 - 9:00 AM ET #26

    GL bro. Always a good read in your threads. Im on Minnesota as well. Liking that LSU/USC under play. Might tail that.

    Reply

    GL bro. Always a good read in your threads. Im on Minnesota as well. Liking that LSU/USC under play. Might tail that.

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13686
    Posted: Aug. 27, 2024 - 9:44 AM ET #27

    Quote Originally Posted by GENERALWIZDOM:

    GL bro. Always a good read in your threads. Im on Minnesota as well. Liking that LSU/USC under play. Might tail that.

     

     Thanks man an_cheers..... I will get to Colorado - NDSU in depth if I see something but just hacking my way through things with joy because its time to really get the bet machine cranked up in straight plays and local parlays 

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by GENERALWIZDOM:

    GL bro. Always a good read in your threads. Im on Minnesota as well. Liking that LSU/USC under play. Might tail that.

     

     Thanks man an_cheers..... I will get to Colorado - NDSU in depth if I see something but just hacking my way through things with joy because its time to really get the bet machine cranked up in straight plays and local parlays 

     
    Boisestateand8
    Boisestateand8
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2018
    Posts: 2128
    Posted: Aug. 27, 2024 - 10:00 AM ET #28

    @Last2thirst

     Seems like unders could be the way to go early on, since the new rules changes that keep the clock running on out of bounds plays and after first downs are shortening the games.  A team that likes to ground and pound, move the chains, etc. can burn a lot of clock.

    Reply

    @Last2thirst

     Seems like unders could be the way to go early on, since the new rules changes that keep the clock running on out of bounds plays and after first downs are shortening the games.  A team that likes to ground and pound, move the chains, etc. can burn a lot of clock.

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13686
    Posted: Aug. 27, 2024 - 11:00 AM ET #29

    Quote Originally Posted by Boisestateand8:

    @Last2thirst  Seems like unders could be the way to go early on, since the new rules changes that keep the clock running on out of bounds plays and after first downs are shortening the games.  A team that likes to ground and pound, move the chains, etc. can burn a lot of clock.

     

    Thanks for this an_cheers ....you are probably onto something here. Love the contribution that makes me think.

    Yes, I plan to see what I think are the best UNDER plays and only post them in here as one of my 3 best plays. So far I have one SIDE and one TOTAL ....might end up taking another TOTAL but just going to let the handicapping hit me like it did last night when I did the best DEFENSES collation and then looked at the Buckeyes game.

     

    You can bet I am scanning other threads looking at what they like for UNDERs and the occasional side since I play a lot of parlay combos with 2 of the 3 KEY plays I will likely post each week. These are lottery tickets that you fill out or do online and in Ontario here, its Proline. Last year I did not have to fill my car up once and I took my wife to dinner playing combos of 3-5 games and mixing soccer. This year, I am likely starting with a lot of totals until Vegas adjusts 

     

    USC-LSU UNDER is definitely a safe play for my parlays since I am getting 64.5  given the improvements to defense on both teams + offenses may be downgraded a little

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Boisestateand8:

    @Last2thirst  Seems like unders could be the way to go early on, since the new rules changes that keep the clock running on out of bounds plays and after first downs are shortening the games.  A team that likes to ground and pound, move the chains, etc. can burn a lot of clock.

     

    Thanks for this an_cheers ....you are probably onto something here. Love the contribution that makes me think.

    Yes, I plan to see what I think are the best UNDER plays and only post them in here as one of my 3 best plays. So far I have one SIDE and one TOTAL ....might end up taking another TOTAL but just going to let the handicapping hit me like it did last night when I did the best DEFENSES collation and then looked at the Buckeyes game.

     

    You can bet I am scanning other threads looking at what they like for UNDERs and the occasional side since I play a lot of parlay combos with 2 of the 3 KEY plays I will likely post each week. These are lottery tickets that you fill out or do online and in Ontario here, its Proline. Last year I did not have to fill my car up once and I took my wife to dinner playing combos of 3-5 games and mixing soccer. This year, I am likely starting with a lot of totals until Vegas adjusts 

     

    USC-LSU UNDER is definitely a safe play for my parlays since I am getting 64.5  given the improvements to defense on both teams + offenses may be downgraded a little

     
    Boisestateand8
    Boisestateand8
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2018
    Posts: 2128
    Posted: Aug. 27, 2024 - 12:07 PM ET #30

    @Last2thirst

     I'm liking the South Carolina side over Old Dominion, and while I don't dabble in overs and unders, it seems like under 55 looks solid, given that ODU's offensive line gave up a whopping 62 sacks, 105 tackles for loss and was second to last in time of possession a year ago.  That's a lot of ground to make up, and going up against a decent SEC defense in the first game of the season I don't see the Monarchs scoring much, if at all.  The Gamecocks are starting dual threat freshman QB LaNorris Sellers, a 6'3" 240 lb. beast who runs a 4.4 40.  Their offensive line returns to good health after suffering numerous injuries a year ago, and this seems to be the kind of ground and pound affair that could produce a 34-7 kind of game.  But again, I prefer playing the sides. BOL to ya! 

    Reply

    @Last2thirst

     I'm liking the South Carolina side over Old Dominion, and while I don't dabble in overs and unders, it seems like under 55 looks solid, given that ODU's offensive line gave up a whopping 62 sacks, 105 tackles for loss and was second to last in time of possession a year ago.  That's a lot of ground to make up, and going up against a decent SEC defense in the first game of the season I don't see the Monarchs scoring much, if at all.  The Gamecocks are starting dual threat freshman QB LaNorris Sellers, a 6'3" 240 lb. beast who runs a 4.4 40.  Their offensive line returns to good health after suffering numerous injuries a year ago, and this seems to be the kind of ground and pound affair that could produce a 34-7 kind of game.  But again, I prefer playing the sides. BOL to ya! 

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13686
    Posted: Aug. 27, 2024 - 12:29 PM ET #31

    Nice find Boise an_cheers

     

    Thank you.

     

    I want to see Sellers play 

    SC has a good defense this year so they could make some noise if he does

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    Nice find Boise an_cheers

     

    Thank you.

     

    I want to see Sellers play 

    SC has a good defense this year so they could make some noise if he does

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13686
    Posted: Aug. 27, 2024 - 10:33 PM ET #32

    Play #3 - Buckeyes UNDER 58.5 x 1U .....strong lean to -48.5 which I am seeing in BET365 now

    - Day had his presser today

    -Jeremiah Smith is a starter as WR and he is electric but I also expect him get the ball thrown at him a lot to get him ready for the tougher games and there could be mixed success

    -Day going with 3rd year QB backup and might give him some time in these two first games vs Akron and W.Mich

    - I can see a lot of TDs in this one but no score or one FG for Akron

    - 6 offensive TDs for Buckeyes.... 1 FG for each team and maybe 1x Defense score << if not, then I have room for a 7 TD game 

    - might see a safety too.....either way, I have room for all of that 

    - every game in the last 5 yrs has been UNDER 50 pts for Buckeyes in their own scoring and no way do I see Akrong scoring a TD vs the #1 Defense in the country

     

    Only thing that worries me a little, Buckeyes are rated #1 Offense in the country by two separate publications  including SI which I really respect

     

    It begs the question, why are they not rated the #1 team PRESEASON if they have the #1 Defense and Offense and I see Georgia's highest offense rank was #6 and their defense was rated behind Buckeyes in every list I saw ??

     

     

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    Play #3 - Buckeyes UNDER 58.5 x 1U .....strong lean to -48.5 which I am seeing in BET365 now

    - Day had his presser today

    -Jeremiah Smith is a starter as WR and he is electric but I also expect him get the ball thrown at him a lot to get him ready for the tougher games and there could be mixed success

    -Day going with 3rd year QB backup and might give him some time in these two first games vs Akron and W.Mich

    - I can see a lot of TDs in this one but no score or one FG for Akron

    - 6 offensive TDs for Buckeyes.... 1 FG for each team and maybe 1x Defense score << if not, then I have room for a 7 TD game 

    - might see a safety too.....either way, I have room for all of that 

    - every game in the last 5 yrs has been UNDER 50 pts for Buckeyes in their own scoring and no way do I see Akrong scoring a TD vs the #1 Defense in the country

     

    Only thing that worries me a little, Buckeyes are rated #1 Offense in the country by two separate publications  including SI which I really respect

     

    It begs the question, why are they not rated the #1 team PRESEASON if they have the #1 Defense and Offense and I see Georgia's highest offense rank was #6 and their defense was rated behind Buckeyes in every list I saw ??

     

     

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13686
    Posted: Aug. 27, 2024 - 10:56 PM ET #33

    ESPN SP+ has the Buckeyes rated #25 Offense  haha.....and not the #1 Defense (they are #2) > #1 Defense in ESPN SP+ goes to Iowa who conversely have the 114th best offense which I think is a little harsh

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    ESPN SP+ has the Buckeyes rated #25 Offense  haha.....and not the #1 Defense (they are #2) > #1 Defense in ESPN SP+ goes to Iowa who conversely have the 114th best offense which I think is a little harsh

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13686
    Posted: Aug. 27, 2024 - 11:58 PM ET #34

    BEST OFFENSES in COLLEGE: PRESEASON -August  

     

    - synthesis of 3-4 sources (4 sources for Top 10 teams average and two highest average for others)

    1. Oregon

    2. Texas 

    3. Ole Miss

    4. Georgia 

    5. LSU

    6. Ohio St. (rated #1 two times and #25 by ESPN SP+ confused)

    7. Memphis

    8. Miami

    9. Alabama

    10. Oklahoma

    11. Liberty

    12. Notre Dame

    -------------------------------SEC dominance stands out -------------

    13. Tennessee

    14. Missouri

    15. Arizona

    16. Kansas

    17. USC

    18. Kansas St.

    19. Texas AM

    20. Florida St.

    21. SMU

    22. Clemson

    23. Oklahoma St.

    24. Penn St.

    25. Georgia Tech

    26. Colorado

    27. Florida

    28. UCF

    29. WVU

    30. N. Carolina

    31. Utah

    32. Virginia Tech

    33. Michigan

    34. South Florida

    35. TCU

    36. Texas Tech

    37. Arkansas

    38. California 

    39. Texas St.

    40. Boise

    41. Washington

    42. Kentucky

    43. Louisville

    44. UNLV

    45. Auburn

    46. UCLA

    47. S. Carolina

    48. Louisiana

    49. Wisconsin

    50. Indiana

    Others Mentioned 1 time in top 50 or appeared 2x in Top 60 > Appalachian St., UAB, B.C., Syracuse, UTSA,

    Fresno, Illinois, Baylor

     

    On the basis of the Defense and Offense ratings compiled above, it could help in the first few weeks but I STRONGLY SUGGEST you adjust them drastically if need be once 4 games have been played....I will in some cases but am looking for a strong offense to play a good defense and score on it well to hold or improve its position.

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    BEST OFFENSES in COLLEGE: PRESEASON -August  

     

    - synthesis of 3-4 sources (4 sources for Top 10 teams average and two highest average for others)

    1. Oregon

    2. Texas 

    3. Ole Miss

    4. Georgia 

    5. LSU

    6. Ohio St. (rated #1 two times and #25 by ESPN SP+ confused)

    7. Memphis

    8. Miami

    9. Alabama

    10. Oklahoma

    11. Liberty

    12. Notre Dame

    -------------------------------SEC dominance stands out -------------

    13. Tennessee

    14. Missouri

    15. Arizona

    16. Kansas

    17. USC

    18. Kansas St.

    19. Texas AM

    20. Florida St.

    21. SMU

    22. Clemson

    23. Oklahoma St.

    24. Penn St.

    25. Georgia Tech

    26. Colorado

    27. Florida

    28. UCF

    29. WVU

    30. N. Carolina

    31. Utah

    32. Virginia Tech

    33. Michigan

    34. South Florida

    35. TCU

    36. Texas Tech

    37. Arkansas

    38. California 

    39. Texas St.

    40. Boise

    41. Washington

    42. Kentucky

    43. Louisville

    44. UNLV

    45. Auburn

    46. UCLA

    47. S. Carolina

    48. Louisiana

    49. Wisconsin

    50. Indiana

    Others Mentioned 1 time in top 50 or appeared 2x in Top 60 > Appalachian St., UAB, B.C., Syracuse, UTSA,

    Fresno, Illinois, Baylor

     

    On the basis of the Defense and Offense ratings compiled above, it could help in the first few weeks but I STRONGLY SUGGEST you adjust them drastically if need be once 4 games have been played....I will in some cases but am looking for a strong offense to play a good defense and score on it well to hold or improve its position.

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13686
    Posted: Aug. 28, 2024 - 2:51 PM ET #35

    Some Lines and Totals I am eyeing on movement as IDEAS to use for my parlays in local Proline:

     

    UNC-Gophers 50.5 ^ total going up - UNDER more attractive

    -really can't see more than 5 TDs scored and if there are 6 TDs.... 3 FGS to go along with those drives maximum which puts the total up to 51 assuming every convert is made

    -5 TDs converted + 5FGs puts this to 50 pts

     

    Kent St. - Pitt 55.5 - UNDER

    - really cannot see Kent scoring more than 20 on this Pitt defense

    - Pitt offense is remodelled and coach Nad tends to be conservative against weak teams...just get the job done

    - could I see Pitt scoring 38? I doubt it but 38 - 17 buys a win 

    - Kent's 128th rated offense will put up more than 17? vs Pitts 40th best dee? (Pitts offense rated in 80's)

     

    WMU - Wisconsin 56.5 - UNDER?

    -100th offense going to make a 17 pt dent in Wisky's Top 10 defense? 

    - Wisky's offense rated middling is going to run wild on the WMU defense? Not last year with this coach....remember Wisky kept hitting unders and not covering spreads with Fickell?

    - last year first game vs a poor Buffalo team the score was 38-17 under Fickell > 2nd week 53 vs a great Cam Ward offense so Fickell obviously cleaned up some things.....how will he approach this year's first game? I bet more like 2nd week last year

    - this total is right on the edge but with rule changes ....Under 56 should be good

     

    WKY - Bama 59.5 - OVER

    - DeBoer likes to hammer in and put the pedal down in the 4th Q I noticed

    - they hammered a decent Boise team last year 56 - 19 scoring 21 pts in the 4th Q.....they didn't have to but style points mattered trying to get into the top 12

    -DeBoer will likely have same mindset vs an offensive team....gone are the Saban shutdown in the 4th Q mentality

    - WKY with 91st best D rating and I can tell you that Boise last year was half that likely going into week 1

    - WKY ranked 60th in offense 

    - I see a 52 - 13 kind of game ...any higher for WKY, Bama can go lower in total

     

    JMAD -8.5 @ Charlotte

    -Charlotte rated very low on both sides of the ball (119th offense/ 117th defense)

    -JMU with 57th offense and 70's for defense.....should be a workman like win by two scores to start the year ...still looking into this one

     

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    Some Lines and Totals I am eyeing on movement as IDEAS to use for my parlays in local Proline:

     

    UNC-Gophers 50.5 ^ total going up - UNDER more attractive

    -really can't see more than 5 TDs scored and if there are 6 TDs.... 3 FGS to go along with those drives maximum which puts the total up to 51 assuming every convert is made

    -5 TDs converted + 5FGs puts this to 50 pts

     

    Kent St. - Pitt 55.5 - UNDER

    - really cannot see Kent scoring more than 20 on this Pitt defense

    - Pitt offense is remodelled and coach Nad tends to be conservative against weak teams...just get the job done

    - could I see Pitt scoring 38? I doubt it but 38 - 17 buys a win 

    - Kent's 128th rated offense will put up more than 17? vs Pitts 40th best dee? (Pitts offense rated in 80's)

     

    WMU - Wisconsin 56.5 - UNDER?

    -100th offense going to make a 17 pt dent in Wisky's Top 10 defense? 

    - Wisky's offense rated middling is going to run wild on the WMU defense? Not last year with this coach....remember Wisky kept hitting unders and not covering spreads with Fickell?

    - last year first game vs a poor Buffalo team the score was 38-17 under Fickell > 2nd week 53 vs a great Cam Ward offense so Fickell obviously cleaned up some things.....how will he approach this year's first game? I bet more like 2nd week last year

    - this total is right on the edge but with rule changes ....Under 56 should be good

     

    WKY - Bama 59.5 - OVER

    - DeBoer likes to hammer in and put the pedal down in the 4th Q I noticed

    - they hammered a decent Boise team last year 56 - 19 scoring 21 pts in the 4th Q.....they didn't have to but style points mattered trying to get into the top 12

    -DeBoer will likely have same mindset vs an offensive team....gone are the Saban shutdown in the 4th Q mentality

    - WKY with 91st best D rating and I can tell you that Boise last year was half that likely going into week 1

    - WKY ranked 60th in offense 

    - I see a 52 - 13 kind of game ...any higher for WKY, Bama can go lower in total

     

    JMAD -8.5 @ Charlotte

    -Charlotte rated very low on both sides of the ball (119th offense/ 117th defense)

    -JMU with 57th offense and 70's for defense.....should be a workman like win by two scores to start the year ...still looking into this one

     

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13686
    Posted: Aug. 28, 2024 - 2:51 PM ET #36

    Double post...sorry

     

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    Double post...sorry

     

     
    vankiep_0007
    vankiep_0007
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 24968
    Posted: Aug. 28, 2024 - 7:56 PM ET #37

    Bol this seasonpeace_5clover

    Reply

    Bol this seasonpeace_5clover

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13686
    Posted: Aug. 28, 2024 - 8:57 PM ET #38

    Quote Originally Posted by vankiep_0007:

    Bol this season

     

    Thanks vankiep, nice of you to do that! an_cheers

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by vankiep_0007:

    Bol this season

     

    Thanks vankiep, nice of you to do that! an_cheers

     
    UNIMAN
    UNIMAN
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2014
    Posts: 10454
    Posted: Aug. 28, 2024 - 10:29 PM ET #39

    GL L2T! an_cheers

    Like all your plays except Ohio St Under. Buckeyes have a history of pummeling instate teams and last yr that didn't happen vs Youngstown St. With Kelly as OC and all those 20 million dollars worth of NIL guys to please..........think it's Bucs and the Over although I'm no fan of same game parlays at +134....... but I might here.

    Reply

    GL L2T! an_cheers

    Like all your plays except Ohio St Under. Buckeyes have a history of pummeling instate teams and last yr that didn't happen vs Youngstown St. With Kelly as OC and all those 20 million dollars worth of NIL guys to please..........think it's Bucs and the Over although I'm no fan of same game parlays at +134....... but I might here.

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13686
    Posted: Aug. 28, 2024 - 10:33 PM ET #40

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN:

    GL L2T!  Like all your plays except Ohio St Under. Buckeyes have a history of pummeling instate teams and last yr that didn't happen vs Youngstown St. With Kelly as OC and all those 20 million dollars worth of NIL guys to please..........think it's Bucs and the Over although I'm no fan of same game parlays at +134....... but I might here.

     

    Uh oh....hmmm....was mulling whether they pressed on this game or Western Michigan and I thought this one they would pound in the first half and ease off a little in the 2nd. Do you think Ohio Sti. will score over 55 pts themselves?

     

    Appreciate your thoughts Uniman an_cheers

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN:

    GL L2T!  Like all your plays except Ohio St Under. Buckeyes have a history of pummeling instate teams and last yr that didn't happen vs Youngstown St. With Kelly as OC and all those 20 million dollars worth of NIL guys to please..........think it's Bucs and the Over although I'm no fan of same game parlays at +134....... but I might here.

     

    Uh oh....hmmm....was mulling whether they pressed on this game or Western Michigan and I thought this one they would pound in the first half and ease off a little in the 2nd. Do you think Ohio Sti. will score over 55 pts themselves?

     

    Appreciate your thoughts Uniman an_cheers

     
    juice242424
    juice242424
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2017
    Posts: 92
    Posted: Aug. 29, 2024 - 12:12 AM ET #41

    @Last2thirst

     I love posts like this! 

    It is a GREAT reminder to those that are smart enough to follow advice.

    I am the classic weak and I mean weak gambler, that knows do not chase, do not chase, do not chase, do not bet big when drunk, do not bet big because it's Monday Night Football, yet I do it, every single year!

    I'm old, I mean still using a dial-up modem to bet guy, so all of yall out there heed this advice.  

    I'm lucky enough to have stayed within my limits, but there were a few times where I was worried about paying the bills due to having to meet the bookie.  So I like these posts!  Check the ego, do your research, listen to advice, gather wisdom and do it for fun and to buy something nice for the mrs.

    Reply

    @Last2thirst

     I love posts like this! 

    It is a GREAT reminder to those that are smart enough to follow advice.

    I am the classic weak and I mean weak gambler, that knows do not chase, do not chase, do not chase, do not bet big when drunk, do not bet big because it's Monday Night Football, yet I do it, every single year!

    I'm old, I mean still using a dial-up modem to bet guy, so all of yall out there heed this advice.  

    I'm lucky enough to have stayed within my limits, but there were a few times where I was worried about paying the bills due to having to meet the bookie.  So I like these posts!  Check the ego, do your research, listen to advice, gather wisdom and do it for fun and to buy something nice for the mrs.

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13686
    Posted: Aug. 29, 2024 - 9:21 AM ET #42

    Quote Originally Posted by juice242424:

    @Last2thirst  I love posts like this!  It is a GREAT reminder to those that are smart enough to follow advice. I am the classic weak and I mean weak gambler, that knows do not chase, do not chase, do not chase, do not bet big when drunk, do not bet big because it's Monday Night Football, yet I do it, every single year! I'm old, I mean still using a dial-up modem to bet guy, so all of yall out there heed this advice.   I'm lucky enough to have stayed within my limits, but there were a few times where I was worried about paying the bills due to having to meet the bookie.  So I like these posts!  Check the ego, do your research, listen to advice, gather wisdom and do it for fun and to buy something nice for the mrs.

     We've all been there juice (love the name/hate paying it)!

     

    Welcome aboard an_cheers

     

    The mrs shut me down on local parlays and now I secretly do them with her not around ....shhhh....

    She doesn't mind me doing these as long as its my hard earned moula and SHE LOVES MY HORSE BETTING ....I have a harness racing thread that goes back to the early pandemic days when I think I have documented in there wins /ticket stubs where I was on a roll at home and not working and won profits of $26K in about 4-6 months and I was spending $200-300 per day and she was getting 10-20% skim pounding the ipad ordering things for her and the house. 

     

    Buy ya, balance is important and so is keeping it fun and losing is not fun 

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by juice242424:

    @Last2thirst  I love posts like this!  It is a GREAT reminder to those that are smart enough to follow advice. I am the classic weak and I mean weak gambler, that knows do not chase, do not chase, do not chase, do not bet big when drunk, do not bet big because it's Monday Night Football, yet I do it, every single year! I'm old, I mean still using a dial-up modem to bet guy, so all of yall out there heed this advice.   I'm lucky enough to have stayed within my limits, but there were a few times where I was worried about paying the bills due to having to meet the bookie.  So I like these posts!  Check the ego, do your research, listen to advice, gather wisdom and do it for fun and to buy something nice for the mrs.

     We've all been there juice (love the name/hate paying it)!

     

    Welcome aboard an_cheers

     

    The mrs shut me down on local parlays and now I secretly do them with her not around ....shhhh....

    She doesn't mind me doing these as long as its my hard earned moula and SHE LOVES MY HORSE BETTING ....I have a harness racing thread that goes back to the early pandemic days when I think I have documented in there wins /ticket stubs where I was on a roll at home and not working and won profits of $26K in about 4-6 months and I was spending $200-300 per day and she was getting 10-20% skim pounding the ipad ordering things for her and the house. 

     

    Buy ya, balance is important and so is keeping it fun and losing is not fun 

     
    UNIMAN
    UNIMAN
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2014
    Posts: 10454
    Posted: Aug. 29, 2024 - 9:25 AM ET #43

    Quote Originally Posted by Last2thirst:

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN: GL L2T!  Like all your plays except Ohio St Under. Buckeyes have a history of pummeling instate teams and last yr that didn't happen vs Youngstown St. With Kelly as OC and all those 20 million dollars worth of NIL guys to please..........think it's Bucs and the Over although I'm no fan of same game parlays at +134....... but I might here.   Uh oh....hmmm....was mulling whether they pressed on this game or Western Michigan and I thought this one they would pound in the first half and ease off a little in the 2nd. Do you think Ohio Sti. will score over 55 pts themselves?   Appreciate your thoughts Uniman

    Really it's a bit hard to guess the mindset.

    Buckeyes do have a history. In 2016 it was 77-10 vs Bowling Green, 2019 against a decent Cinci squad Bucs were -15 and won 42-0. Akron in 2021 was 59-7. Toledo in 2022 had it 77-21. Believe I had Bucs last yr vs Youngstown St at -44 and they sputtered a bit, 35-7. On the flip side for several of those blowout games a Big10 conf. game was next so a final tuneup? This year there are no tough games for Bucs til Oct 5th (Iowa) so maybe they wait and take it out on WMich or Marshall?  Could be wrong with my take vs Akron, yet with Chip Kelly and NIL am leaning that way in game #1. 

    GL clover

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by Last2thirst:

    Quote Originally Posted by UNIMAN: GL L2T!  Like all your plays except Ohio St Under. Buckeyes have a history of pummeling instate teams and last yr that didn't happen vs Youngstown St. With Kelly as OC and all those 20 million dollars worth of NIL guys to please..........think it's Bucs and the Over although I'm no fan of same game parlays at +134....... but I might here.   Uh oh....hmmm....was mulling whether they pressed on this game or Western Michigan and I thought this one they would pound in the first half and ease off a little in the 2nd. Do you think Ohio Sti. will score over 55 pts themselves?   Appreciate your thoughts Uniman

    Really it's a bit hard to guess the mindset.

    Buckeyes do have a history. In 2016 it was 77-10 vs Bowling Green, 2019 against a decent Cinci squad Bucs were -15 and won 42-0. Akron in 2021 was 59-7. Toledo in 2022 had it 77-21. Believe I had Bucs last yr vs Youngstown St at -44 and they sputtered a bit, 35-7. On the flip side for several of those blowout games a Big10 conf. game was next so a final tuneup? This year there are no tough games for Bucs til Oct 5th (Iowa) so maybe they wait and take it out on WMich or Marshall?  Could be wrong with my take vs Akron, yet with Chip Kelly and NIL am leaning that way in game #1. 

    GL clover

     
    JEG53
    JEG53
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 26758
    Posted: Aug. 29, 2024 - 12:57 PM ET #44

    Lots of great info here, thanks. GL this Year. peace_5

    Reply

    Lots of great info here, thanks. GL this Year. peace_5

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13686
    Posted: Aug. 29, 2024 - 2:03 PM ET #45

    SUMMARY OF PLAYS WEEK 1: - hit my limit that I will stick to for about 3-5 weeks

     

    Play #1 - Gophers ML x 1 U  -105

    Play #2 USC-LSU Under 63.5 x 1U

    Play #3 - Buckeyes UNDER 58.5 x 1U

    -------------------------------------------------------

    My other Inclinations (might keep track for a while):

    Ohio St.  -47.5 (was the lowest I saw ) > **48.5 now

    UNC-Gophers UNDER 50.5 or higher **now 51.5

    Kent St. - Pitt 55.5 - UNDER

    WMU - Wisconsin 56.5 - UNDER > **56 now

    WKY - Bama 59.5 - OVER

    JMAD -8.5 @ Charlotte  **now -9.5

     

    No reason to add anymore..... watching is much better than betting in the first few weeks and especially the first Conference game it vital

     

    Bol 

     

    JEG53 , I appreciate the comment, GL yourself an_cheers

     

     

     

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    SUMMARY OF PLAYS WEEK 1: - hit my limit that I will stick to for about 3-5 weeks

     

    Play #1 - Gophers ML x 1 U  -105

    Play #2 USC-LSU Under 63.5 x 1U

    Play #3 - Buckeyes UNDER 58.5 x 1U

    -------------------------------------------------------

    My other Inclinations (might keep track for a while):

    Ohio St.  -47.5 (was the lowest I saw ) > **48.5 now

    UNC-Gophers UNDER 50.5 or higher **now 51.5

    Kent St. - Pitt 55.5 - UNDER

    WMU - Wisconsin 56.5 - UNDER > **56 now

    WKY - Bama 59.5 - OVER

    JMAD -8.5 @ Charlotte  **now -9.5

     

    No reason to add anymore..... watching is much better than betting in the first few weeks and especially the first Conference game it vital

     

    Bol 

     

    JEG53 , I appreciate the comment, GL yourself an_cheers

     

     

     

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13686
    Posted: Aug. 29, 2024 - 3:27 PM ET #46

    Note on the Minny-UNC game: 

    The Total is climbing and that could be validated by the fact that 2 of the 15 best rated FG kickers are playing in this game

    Minny's FG kicker is rated Top 5!

    Alabama kicker is rated #1 

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    Note on the Minny-UNC game: 

    The Total is climbing and that could be validated by the fact that 2 of the 15 best rated FG kickers are playing in this game

    Minny's FG kicker is rated Top 5!

    Alabama kicker is rated #1 

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13686
    Posted: Aug. 29, 2024 - 11:55 PM ET #47

    +2.5 wasn't available when I made my bet so ...just plus 1 so I took ML haha....lots of game left but UNC is up by 2 and sure enough, my research on the kickers is coming through. I thought it could affect the total but not really

     

    Minny hasn't used their FG kicker and he is even better than UNC's who has made two long ones

     

    And the grind that is college begins... I love it an_roll_laugh

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    +2.5 wasn't available when I made my bet so ...just plus 1 so I took ML haha....lots of game left but UNC is up by 2 and sure enough, my research on the kickers is coming through. I thought it could affect the total but not really

     

    Minny hasn't used their FG kicker and he is even better than UNC's who has made two long ones

     

    And the grind that is college begins... I love it an_roll_laugh

     
    GENERALWIZDOM
    GENERALWIZDOM
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2016
    Posts: 3029
    Posted: Aug. 30, 2024 - 12:09 AM ET #48

    How bout them Bison new_cool

    Reply

    How bout them Bison new_cool

     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13686
    Posted: Aug. 30, 2024 - 12:22 AM ET #49

    Well...the game and win comes down to a FG for me

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    Well...the game and win comes down to a FG for me

     
     
    Last2thirst
    Last2thirst
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2013
    Posts: 13686
    Posted: Aug. 30, 2024 - 12:23 AM ET #50

    Quote Originally Posted by GENERALWIZDOM:

    How bout them Bison

     

    After this game was over bro, I was coming in to find you and congratulate you and you are here

     

    Great start! 

     

    I need a 47 yd fg to get mine

    Proving is hard. Talk is easy.
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by GENERALWIZDOM:

    How bout them Bison

     

    After this game was over bro, I was coming in to find you and congratulate you and you are here

     

    Great start! 

     

    I need a 47 yd fg to get mine

    All Forums | College Football
    «First Previous 12345 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • Claiming Prizes 57,678
    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,376
    • Sunday 10/04/2026 683
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,054
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,304
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 8,285
    • This Seattle Line Is Begging for a Discussion 2,805
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,472
    • Sunday nFl Wk 4 8,138
    • __________ 📌 🏈 ?? Fubah's NFL 2026: Week 04 🚩🚩🚩🚩 12,927

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.