• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • Steelers-Browns Picks
      • Week 4 Survivor Picks
      • NFL Week 4 Odds
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | College Football

    I need serious serious gambling help

    123 Next Last»
    User592150
    TRAIN69
    smac38
    VegasVandal
    BoomDynamite
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 5573
    Posts: 63
    123 Next Last»
     
    User592150
    User592150
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2012
    Posts: 3285
    Posted: Sep. 15, 2016 - 11:44 PM ET #1

    Post Deleted
    Reply
    To remove first post, remove entire topic.
    Post Deleted
     
    TRAIN69
    TRAIN69
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2002
    Posts: 55667
    Posted: Sep. 15, 2016 - 11:52 PM ET #2

    Dude. You aint alone. Cold turkey quit. Just go away for a weekend. No phone or internet (or bodega). Ya gotta seperate yourself from it totally or it wont work. The longer you dont do it, the easier it will become.

    Reply
    Dude. You aint alone. Cold turkey quit. Just go away for a weekend. No phone or internet (or bodega). Ya gotta seperate yourself from it totally or it wont work. The longer you dont do it, the easier it will become.

     
    smac38
    smac38
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2005
    Posts: 32866
    Posted: Sep. 15, 2016 - 11:52 PM ET #3

    If you're serious about it, find a GA meeting and tell your story. Everyone there is in the same boat, and can get you the help you need. Good luck. 
    Reply
    If you're serious about it, find a GA meeting and tell your story. Everyone there is in the same boat, and can get you the help you need. Good luck. 
     
    VegasVandal
    VegasVandal
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 26913
    Posted: Sep. 16, 2016 - 12:00 AM ET #4

    If there is a friend that needs help then you better believe that I will be the first to step in and provide some help.



    So here is my help


    Bet 6k on the Dbacks tomorrow at +122. i have them as a small fav and their pitcher and offense in better form . The line is silly and spot is horrible for the Dodgers


    Reply
    If there is a friend that needs help then you better believe that I will be the first to step in and provide some help.



    So here is my help


    Bet 6k on the Dbacks tomorrow at +122. i have them as a small fav and their pitcher and offense in better form . The line is silly and spot is horrible for the Dodgers


     
    BoomDynamite
    BoomDynamite
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2013
    Posts: 1586
    Posted: Sep. 16, 2016 - 12:02 AM ET #5

    Sounds like it has a hold on your life and you can't escape its grasp. You need to go to meetings but also get an accountant. Set a weekly allowance for yourself. Tell him your story and why. Figure out how much you need each week for food, going out, expenses that DON'T involve gambling. Stay away from the Bodega. That much is obvious. Maybe move like a half hour away or more from there to even avoid the temptation.

    My buddy had a very serious problem many years ago and actually took the money he was going to gamble each week and put it in a safe under his bed instead for the entire fall because he was a huge football junkie. It actually worked (although we took the safe and hid it the week before the Super Bowl per his request because he was getting antsy) but he went to meetings and now doesn't gamble anymore. Took awhile though. He made over 300K a year too. Now owns a huge house, married, kids, etc.

    Good luck, man. I sincerely hope for the best and you can get on the right path.
    Reply
    Sounds like it has a hold on your life and you can't escape its grasp. You need to go to meetings but also get an accountant. Set a weekly allowance for yourself. Tell him your story and why. Figure out how much you need each week for food, going out, expenses that DON'T involve gambling. Stay away from the Bodega. That much is obvious. Maybe move like a half hour away or more from there to even avoid the temptation.

    My buddy had a very serious problem many years ago and actually took the money he was going to gamble each week and put it in a safe under his bed instead for the entire fall because he was a huge football junkie. It actually worked (although we took the safe and hid it the week before the Super Bowl per his request because he was getting antsy) but he went to meetings and now doesn't gamble anymore. Took awhile though. He made over 300K a year too. Now owns a huge house, married, kids, etc.

    Good luck, man. I sincerely hope for the best and you can get on the right path.
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Sep. 16, 2016 - 12:05 AM ET #6

    Get married and have a kid, or several. I promise you that will take you far away from gambling.
    Reply
    Get married and have a kid, or several. I promise you that will take you far away from gambling.
     
    User592150
    User592150
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2012
    Posts: 3285
    Posted: Sep. 16, 2016 - 12:05 AM ET #7

    Post Deleted
    Reply
    Post Deleted
     
    Raiderpug
    Raiderpug
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 3006
    Posted: Sep. 16, 2016 - 12:06 AM ET #8

    Quote Originally Posted by ckattar8:

    ive posted my story so many times....... i just cant escape it, honestly dont know what to do......

    im 27 years old....

    ive been gambling serious since i was 16.....
    in high school a few 100s was normal
    in college a $500 was a million.....
    now i dont watch a game unless i have 1-10k on it....

    theres an illegal bodega ON MY STREET , open daily you can go in and bet sports everyday cash like a vegas casino..... in boston, up to 20k cash pay out right after.....


    I own a business........ i made 208k (after taxes) from oct 2015/may 2016.... i have 12.5k to my name (thanks to houston......

    i had 37 k end july
    15k on saturday
    7.5 today and bet 5k cash on houston (counted as a loss and got lucky).....

    All i do is gamble,
    All my friends/associates do is gamble.....
    its around me everyday, I cant even go to a party or with family unless i go the bodega or put a grand online......

    I went to AA one meeting and never went back....
    Financially I honestly do better than anyone I know i made about 40-50k a year and went solo this last year and made over 200...... Not sure if that will happen this year....

    What do i have to show for it?

    a 31k bmw 
    an average apartment in the city....
    ive been sucker punched/pummled by bookies from friends not paying
    My best friends i grew up with have grown away from me to be honest and it kills me

    I literally bang girls every day due to my career and the $$ that everyone "knew" about....... not even girlfriend girls, one nights , threesomes.... yea its awesome but not what I want in life

    My rep is literally the funny guy/ pathetic gambler always complaining about money.......

    I casually went to bank took out 5k and bet it cash and was driving around crying about to go to bar to take 10 shots and hopefully die and i look at my game cast and somehow see 40-14.......

    I need help, I'm 27, should/could have a house/family/ my life is so far from what I actually want and I pee through money...... I got a 50k check from work in may and now after this game have 12k to my name essentially......

    who blows 38k in 4 months

    someone please help / advice

    dont be smart guys, I'm honestly losing myself


    You do not have anything to worry about. Just relax, the psychology of the action is getting to you. Some people will say you hace to go cold turkey, some will tell you to go all in on the next bet. Sports betting can remain a part of your life but you have to let go of every loss, every dollar. 1) You are young enough to build a bankroll and stick to a money management plan of 1% to 2%. When you have 100k in that account your bets will be in the 1k to 2k range. If you only have 12K now, then only bet $120 to $240, the percent will go up if you are winning or add money you have earned from work to build it up. 2) Keep a journal of your bets, how or why you made the pick and revisit it after a loss or win. no chasing!  3) Limit yourself to watching a few games a week. try to get comfortable of making your pick and letting go. Visit the score after the game.  4) Exercise, date, have fun.




    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ckattar8:

    ive posted my story so many times....... i just cant escape it, honestly dont know what to do......

    im 27 years old....

    ive been gambling serious since i was 16.....
    in high school a few 100s was normal
    in college a $500 was a million.....
    now i dont watch a game unless i have 1-10k on it....

    theres an illegal bodega ON MY STREET , open daily you can go in and bet sports everyday cash like a vegas casino..... in boston, up to 20k cash pay out right after.....


    I own a business........ i made 208k (after taxes) from oct 2015/may 2016.... i have 12.5k to my name (thanks to houston......

    i had 37 k end july
    15k on saturday
    7.5 today and bet 5k cash on houston (counted as a loss and got lucky).....

    All i do is gamble,
    All my friends/associates do is gamble.....
    its around me everyday, I cant even go to a party or with family unless i go the bodega or put a grand online......

    I went to AA one meeting and never went back....
    Financially I honestly do better than anyone I know i made about 40-50k a year and went solo this last year and made over 200...... Not sure if that will happen this year....

    What do i have to show for it?

    a 31k bmw 
    an average apartment in the city....
    ive been sucker punched/pummled by bookies from friends not paying
    My best friends i grew up with have grown away from me to be honest and it kills me

    I literally bang girls every day due to my career and the $$ that everyone "knew" about....... not even girlfriend girls, one nights , threesomes.... yea its awesome but not what I want in life

    My rep is literally the funny guy/ pathetic gambler always complaining about money.......

    I casually went to bank took out 5k and bet it cash and was driving around crying about to go to bar to take 10 shots and hopefully die and i look at my game cast and somehow see 40-14.......

    I need help, I'm 27, should/could have a house/family/ my life is so far from what I actually want and I pee through money...... I got a 50k check from work in may and now after this game have 12k to my name essentially......

    who blows 38k in 4 months

    someone please help / advice

    dont be smart guys, I'm honestly losing myself


    You do not have anything to worry about. Just relax, the psychology of the action is getting to you. Some people will say you hace to go cold turkey, some will tell you to go all in on the next bet. Sports betting can remain a part of your life but you have to let go of every loss, every dollar. 1) You are young enough to build a bankroll and stick to a money management plan of 1% to 2%. When you have 100k in that account your bets will be in the 1k to 2k range. If you only have 12K now, then only bet $120 to $240, the percent will go up if you are winning or add money you have earned from work to build it up. 2) Keep a journal of your bets, how or why you made the pick and revisit it after a loss or win. no chasing!  3) Limit yourself to watching a few games a week. try to get comfortable of making your pick and letting go. Visit the score after the game.  4) Exercise, date, have fun.




     
    WahooS
    WahooS
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2004
    Posts: 25647
    Posted: Sep. 16, 2016 - 12:07 AM ET #9

    I'm not even sure what you tell you 

    you had 5k on the game tonight, that is more than I had on it and if I told you what was in my bank account you'd 100% not believe me without knowing me....my point is, I don't risk enough to hurt me financially regardless of outcome, I could lose (and I have lately) and it doesn't affect my way of life

    we all have reasons we gamble, it seems like you do it in hopes of making a big amount of money (that won't happen betting sports unless you just get crazy lucky or just fade me every week)

    I personally do it as a hobby and a love for sports, it keeps me involved with all the teams instead of just my favorite teams, I enjoy the betting aspect of college football more than most of my other hobbies

    the only way to get your life together is to start setting money aside and not betting at all, by being on this forum now I doubt you can do this, it seems like you know you're going to eventually go broke but can't stop the process from happening, I can't relate to that train of thought as I haven't been in that situation

    read this post, turn off your computer/ipad or phone, get up & and start over tomorrow, there is much more to life than this man, if you don't stop you'll lose everything you have, at some point this cycle of destruction will ruin your life

    I hope it doesn't happen like it seems it may and you can stop the madness, others can't help you, it has to be you, we are capable of way more than we think we are in life, go make yourself the life you want, its all up to you and you control the outcome 

    Cheers 

    .
    Reply
    I'm not even sure what you tell you 

    you had 5k on the game tonight, that is more than I had on it and if I told you what was in my bank account you'd 100% not believe me without knowing me....my point is, I don't risk enough to hurt me financially regardless of outcome, I could lose (and I have lately) and it doesn't affect my way of life

    we all have reasons we gamble, it seems like you do it in hopes of making a big amount of money (that won't happen betting sports unless you just get crazy lucky or just fade me every week)

    I personally do it as a hobby and a love for sports, it keeps me involved with all the teams instead of just my favorite teams, I enjoy the betting aspect of college football more than most of my other hobbies

    the only way to get your life together is to start setting money aside and not betting at all, by being on this forum now I doubt you can do this, it seems like you know you're going to eventually go broke but can't stop the process from happening, I can't relate to that train of thought as I haven't been in that situation

    read this post, turn off your computer/ipad or phone, get up & and start over tomorrow, there is much more to life than this man, if you don't stop you'll lose everything you have, at some point this cycle of destruction will ruin your life

    I hope it doesn't happen like it seems it may and you can stop the madness, others can't help you, it has to be you, we are capable of way more than we think we are in life, go make yourself the life you want, its all up to you and you control the outcome 

    Cheers 

     
    Barbarossa
    Barbarossa
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2009
    Posts: 278352
    Posted: Sep. 16, 2016 - 12:13 AM ET #10

    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:

    Get married and have a kid, or several. I promise you that will take you far away from gambling.


    The Pastor of Disaster
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by scalabrine:

    Get married and have a kid, or several. I promise you that will take you far away from gambling.


     
    VegasVandal
    VegasVandal
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2010
    Posts: 26913
    Posted: Sep. 16, 2016 - 12:17 AM ET #11

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa:







    Would be willing to wager that over 50% of people on this site have at least 1 kid.

    i dont have any myself but would venture to guess most to tell you the wagering losses make it hurt THAT much more with children than without

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa:







    Would be willing to wager that over 50% of people on this site have at least 1 kid.

    i dont have any myself but would venture to guess most to tell you the wagering losses make it hurt THAT much more with children than without

     
    WalterTibbs
    WalterTibbs
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 1249
    Posted: Sep. 16, 2016 - 12:40 AM ET #12

    Gambling is a Toughass business for the WEAK!  To be honest, it's a hardankle business for those who know the game and know how to wager with respect for the MAN.

    It's not how you drive...but how you arrive.

    Novice will pay.....................
    Reply
    Gambling is a Toughass business for the WEAK!  To be honest, it's a hardankle business for those who know the game and know how to wager with respect for the MAN.

    It's not how you drive...but how you arrive.

    Novice will pay.....................
     
    davemsh
    davemsh
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2014
    Posts: 45781
    Posted: Sep. 16, 2016 - 1:06 AM ET #13

    You are only 27....you will recover.    
    Mayweather bet 450000 on
    Reply
    You are only 27....you will recover.    
     
    jrgumpert
    jrgumpert
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2014
    Posts: 9876
    Posted: Sep. 16, 2016 - 1:11 AM ET #14

    Quote Originally Posted by ckattar8:

    its not that easy............. gambling is just everywhere around here

    I went to meetings and they wanted me to go EVERY SINGLE NIGHT..... it was damn near impossible, everyone in the room told me i was NOTHING compared to them, I just didnt want to go back.....

    i dont work full time, i run alcohol events mainly in boston/throughout the country so i have a lot of extra time....... not working a 9-5 .... just hard



    I've heard of folks suggesting 90 meetings in the first 90 days because that really seems to work. After 90 days you are far enough away from the fish bowl to wake up and say, what the F have I been doing to myself and why did I ever do it.

    At that point it is strongly suggested to go to 1-2 meeting a week but hell, that's only 1-2 hours a week worth of medicine. If the meetings seem to ramble over an hour, just leave early that night.

    I think prolly 30-40% of the folks on this board are compulsive gamblers whereas probably 10% of the general public is. Although I think probably 50% of the population has that same addictive personality. The problem is, cigarettes, beer or ice cream won't break you down like gambling will. I think it's the most wrecking financially of  all the addictions and one of the hardest to quit.

    The recidivism/relapse rate for compulsive gamblers is probably as high as it is for Heroin addicts.

    I'd find a meeting, a higher power and a sponsor. You're not going to solve all your problems at once but one day at a time your life will get better. I'm doing some sole searching right now myself actually. I'm missing a lot of time with my son and away (mentally) from my business with this obsession to figure what I'm going to gamble on next.  I've come very close in the last few weeks into having bookmaker shut down my account in fact. I did it once at Pinnacle years ago. Two years later I tried to open it back up and they said, sorry, but we take that problem you mentioned very seriously and won't reopen it. Anyway, lots of opinions there including those percentages I through out. GL man, hopefully those of us who need to quit find that grace from up above. Only a few lucky ones ever get that grace.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by ckattar8:

    its not that easy............. gambling is just everywhere around here

    I went to meetings and they wanted me to go EVERY SINGLE NIGHT..... it was damn near impossible, everyone in the room told me i was NOTHING compared to them, I just didnt want to go back.....

    i dont work full time, i run alcohol events mainly in boston/throughout the country so i have a lot of extra time....... not working a 9-5 .... just hard



    I've heard of folks suggesting 90 meetings in the first 90 days because that really seems to work. After 90 days you are far enough away from the fish bowl to wake up and say, what the F have I been doing to myself and why did I ever do it.

    At that point it is strongly suggested to go to 1-2 meeting a week but hell, that's only 1-2 hours a week worth of medicine. If the meetings seem to ramble over an hour, just leave early that night.

    I think prolly 30-40% of the folks on this board are compulsive gamblers whereas probably 10% of the general public is. Although I think probably 50% of the population has that same addictive personality. The problem is, cigarettes, beer or ice cream won't break you down like gambling will. I think it's the most wrecking financially of  all the addictions and one of the hardest to quit.

    The recidivism/relapse rate for compulsive gamblers is probably as high as it is for Heroin addicts.

    I'd find a meeting, a higher power and a sponsor. You're not going to solve all your problems at once but one day at a time your life will get better. I'm doing some sole searching right now myself actually. I'm missing a lot of time with my son and away (mentally) from my business with this obsession to figure what I'm going to gamble on next.  I've come very close in the last few weeks into having bookmaker shut down my account in fact. I did it once at Pinnacle years ago. Two years later I tried to open it back up and they said, sorry, but we take that problem you mentioned very seriously and won't reopen it. Anyway, lots of opinions there including those percentages I through out. GL man, hopefully those of us who need to quit find that grace from up above. Only a few lucky ones ever get that grace.
     
    ChickMagnut
    ChickMagnut
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2016
    Posts: 1913
    Posted: Sep. 16, 2016 - 1:14 AM ET #15

    in order to quit anything you have to want to quit and it doesn' sound like you are ready. If you have 12k your roll should only be 3-4k the other 8 belong to life....You need lifes money and a gambling roll and they are two separate things. I'm not going to get long winded...quit betting so damn much if that is all the scratch you have...with 12k only 3-4 should be for gambling.. Best Wishes
    Reply
    in order to quit anything you have to want to quit and it doesn' sound like you are ready. If you have 12k your roll should only be 3-4k the other 8 belong to life....You need lifes money and a gambling roll and they are two separate things. I'm not going to get long winded...quit betting so damn much if that is all the scratch you have...with 12k only 3-4 should be for gambling.. Best Wishes
     
    Idiot5
    Idiot5
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2016
    Posts: 3
    Posted: Sep. 16, 2016 - 1:17 AM ET #16

    You are 27 years old and I am 50 years old so I suggest you listen to what I have to say because my story is true and trust me you don't want to end up like me.

    I actually had a father and both grandfathers that liked to gamble on horses and was exposed to gambling at a very young age probably around 7-8 yrs old. I lived in London where gambling was prevalent everywhere. I too used to play cards at my school even in the classes under the table and slot machines at the local pubs and cafes.
    The buzz of gambling hit me early and it has totally ruined my life.

    I was around 42 years old making 250k a year and when I lost that job due to the whole real estate fiasco a few years ago I decided to gamble full time to hopefully make a living. I was married and had a son and my basic expenses was 10k a month, lived in a 900k house drove an M6 BMW and after I lost my job I decided gambling was the way to go. I ended up learning blackjack and counting cards and became a professional blackjack player but after getting banned from most of the casinos for card counting I decided betting on sports was the way to go.

    I ran out of money so I decided I could take cash from companies I did business with and use the cash to gamble in Vegas on the NBA. I would win and pay back the money and keep the profits. That was the plan.
    I took $40k flew to Vegas and placed 2 two team parlays for 20k each. I get to the airport after placing the bets and the games were just starting so had to shut my phone off as the plane was taking off. I was dying on that flight because I couldn't check the scores of the games. When I landed one of my games had won and I ended up winning both 2 team parlays. I won $52k on each parlay so $104k in one day.

    My plan had worked I took money gambled it and won all I had to do was pay back the money I took and I'm free and clear.


    Reply
    You are 27 years old and I am 50 years old so I suggest you listen to what I have to say because my story is true and trust me you don't want to end up like me.

    I actually had a father and both grandfathers that liked to gamble on horses and was exposed to gambling at a very young age probably around 7-8 yrs old. I lived in London where gambling was prevalent everywhere. I too used to play cards at my school even in the classes under the table and slot machines at the local pubs and cafes.
    The buzz of gambling hit me early and it has totally ruined my life.

    I was around 42 years old making 250k a year and when I lost that job due to the whole real estate fiasco a few years ago I decided to gamble full time to hopefully make a living. I was married and had a son and my basic expenses was 10k a month, lived in a 900k house drove an M6 BMW and after I lost my job I decided gambling was the way to go. I ended up learning blackjack and counting cards and became a professional blackjack player but after getting banned from most of the casinos for card counting I decided betting on sports was the way to go.

    I ran out of money so I decided I could take cash from companies I did business with and use the cash to gamble in Vegas on the NBA. I would win and pay back the money and keep the profits. That was the plan.
    I took $40k flew to Vegas and placed 2 two team parlays for 20k each. I get to the airport after placing the bets and the games were just starting so had to shut my phone off as the plane was taking off. I was dying on that flight because I couldn't check the scores of the games. When I landed one of my games had won and I ended up winning both 2 team parlays. I won $52k on each parlay so $104k in one day.

    My plan had worked I took money gambled it and won all I had to do was pay back the money I took and I'm free and clear.


     
    Idiot5
    Idiot5
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2016
    Posts: 3
    Posted: Sep. 16, 2016 - 1:21 AM ET #17

    I paid back the money I took and had over 100k in cash I was free and clear.... but not for long.

    4 days later after flying back to Vegas everyday I had lost the 100k.
    Totally depressed I decided to take more money and try and duplicate my first effort. Unfortunately I lost and kept losing to the tune of 400k.

    I ended up going to jail for 5 months which was the worthy e perience of my life I lost my wife and most of my family won't speak to me due to me taking all their money to gamble with.


    Reply
    I paid back the money I took and had over 100k in cash I was free and clear.... but not for long.

    4 days later after flying back to Vegas everyday I had lost the 100k.
    Totally depressed I decided to take more money and try and duplicate my first effort. Unfortunately I lost and kept losing to the tune of 400k.

    I ended up going to jail for 5 months which was the worthy e perience of my life I lost my wife and most of my family won't speak to me due to me taking all their money to gamble with.


     
    Idiot5
    Idiot5
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2016
    Posts: 3
    Posted: Sep. 16, 2016 - 1:26 AM ET #18

    The addiction is so bad that I literally can't stand a second that I'm not gambling. I am now facing some major problems in my life and really feel that the only way I can stop gambling is to jump.... its that bad.

    There's a lot more to my story but just wanted to let you know that at 27 yrs old you need to get some serious help now because trust me you don't want to end up like me. It's a horrrible way to go.

    You have to STOP GAMBLING COMPLETELY.
    Reply
    The addiction is so bad that I literally can't stand a second that I'm not gambling. I am now facing some major problems in my life and really feel that the only way I can stop gambling is to jump.... its that bad.

    There's a lot more to my story but just wanted to let you know that at 27 yrs old you need to get some serious help now because trust me you don't want to end up like me. It's a horrrible way to go.

    You have to STOP GAMBLING COMPLETELY.
     
    MBDAN
    MBDAN
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Apr, 2015
    Posts: 3357
    Posted: Sep. 16, 2016 - 1:29 AM ET #19

    Quote Originally Posted by VegasVandal:

    If there is a friend that needs help then you better believe that I will be the first to step in and provide some help.



    So here is my help


    Bet 6k on the Dbacks tomorrow at +122. i have them as a small fav and their pitcher and offense in better form . The line is silly and spot is horrible for the Dodgers


    This made me dribble a little in my pants. Fukking VV!!!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasVandal:

    If there is a friend that needs help then you better believe that I will be the first to step in and provide some help.



    So here is my help


    Bet 6k on the Dbacks tomorrow at +122. i have them as a small fav and their pitcher and offense in better form . The line is silly and spot is horrible for the Dodgers


    This made me dribble a little in my pants. Fukking VV!!!
     
    ChickMagnut
    ChickMagnut
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2016
    Posts: 1913
    Posted: Sep. 16, 2016 - 2:03 AM ET #20

    Reply
     
    tjohnsont
    tjohnsont
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 5761
    Posted: Sep. 16, 2016 - 2:06 AM ET #21

    Shut up and go away. This isn't GA.  
    Reply
    Shut up and go away. This isn't GA.  
     
    TheAction
    TheAction
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 357
    Posted: Sep. 16, 2016 - 2:50 AM ET #22

    I'm 33 and started pretty young also. You know what makes me happy? Seeing 6-7 figures in my 401k. You have to change your priorities in life and find what makes YOU HAPPY. Gambling is definitely a serious addiction - and it doesn't mean you have to stop - it just means you need to MANAGE IT.

    When you left your home and your parents let you be the man you are - they are counting on you to be able to manage life. Managing life doesn't mean spend all your money on gambling. It means be the man that they can be proud of.

    You sound like you have accomplished a lot in life thus far - you just need to slow down your gambling and stop putting so much money on games. #1 rule is not to chase - but it seems like you're going against it.

    If you're going to keep gambling, manage your gambling, otherwise just stop all together. Instead of gambling, give your parents money to help them through retirement (if they haven't saved enough). Go to charity events and do volunteer work - trust me, this is way better of a feeling than winning in gambling ever will be.

    Like Kenny Rodgers said, know when to hold'em, and know when to fold'em.
    Reply
    I'm 33 and started pretty young also. You know what makes me happy? Seeing 6-7 figures in my 401k. You have to change your priorities in life and find what makes YOU HAPPY. Gambling is definitely a serious addiction - and it doesn't mean you have to stop - it just means you need to MANAGE IT.

    When you left your home and your parents let you be the man you are - they are counting on you to be able to manage life. Managing life doesn't mean spend all your money on gambling. It means be the man that they can be proud of.

    You sound like you have accomplished a lot in life thus far - you just need to slow down your gambling and stop putting so much money on games. #1 rule is not to chase - but it seems like you're going against it.

    If you're going to keep gambling, manage your gambling, otherwise just stop all together. Instead of gambling, give your parents money to help them through retirement (if they haven't saved enough). Go to charity events and do volunteer work - trust me, this is way better of a feeling than winning in gambling ever will be.

    Like Kenny Rodgers said, know when to hold'em, and know when to fold'em.
     
    kaseys$picks
    kaseys$picks
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 428
    Posted: Sep. 16, 2016 - 3:09 AM ET #23

    This screen name is probably 13 years old, I can't believe I even remembered the password. I saw this post and it brought back so many horrible memories, so I'm gonna give my wonderful 2 cents. Im 31, started gambling at 18. I started gambling to make a shit load of money, "easy money" I thought. I spent from 18-25 pretty much broke. I quit gambling period from 25-29. I took all my energy and put it into my career. Grew my skills, and now make good money. 150-350 depending on the year. Had I not totally quit during that time, I would still be the same broke 18 year old kid. I'm married, have a kid, I still gamble a little. 2-300 a game. 500 a game if I got that "feeling". If I go up 700, I stop. If I go down 700, I stop. Thats my deal. I let the cool kid making a living gambling BS completely leave my head. Taking those 4 years off was the best thing I could have ever done. I didn't respect gambling when I was 18-25. Get other hobbies. I started riding dirt bikes again at 26. It's great . Try to replace the rush with something else. 2 months ago I landed a deal in my profession that made me 75g in 2 weeks. That's a healthy rush . You've opened up shit in your brain man. Your like an adrenaline Junkie. You gotta get that fix in other ways man. Good luck buddy. Turn that energy towards something else.
    Reply
    This screen name is probably 13 years old, I can't believe I even remembered the password. I saw this post and it brought back so many horrible memories, so I'm gonna give my wonderful 2 cents. Im 31, started gambling at 18. I started gambling to make a shit load of money, "easy money" I thought. I spent from 18-25 pretty much broke. I quit gambling period from 25-29. I took all my energy and put it into my career. Grew my skills, and now make good money. 150-350 depending on the year. Had I not totally quit during that time, I would still be the same broke 18 year old kid. I'm married, have a kid, I still gamble a little. 2-300 a game. 500 a game if I got that "feeling". If I go up 700, I stop. If I go down 700, I stop. Thats my deal. I let the cool kid making a living gambling BS completely leave my head. Taking those 4 years off was the best thing I could have ever done. I didn't respect gambling when I was 18-25. Get other hobbies. I started riding dirt bikes again at 26. It's great . Try to replace the rush with something else. 2 months ago I landed a deal in my profession that made me 75g in 2 weeks. That's a healthy rush . You've opened up shit in your brain man. Your like an adrenaline Junkie. You gotta get that fix in other ways man. Good luck buddy. Turn that energy towards something else.
     
    tjohnsont
    tjohnsont
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 5761
    Posted: Sep. 16, 2016 - 3:19 AM ET #24

    Quote Originally Posted by DRIBBLE4LIFE:


    i WOULD WAGER EVERYTHING i OWN THAT WITH YOUR PERSONALITY, YOUR OWMAN FAKES MANY AN ORGASM.

    That's better than your woman.  At least mine knows who the man is and tries to at least please me by faking it.   And gives respect.  

    Your woman probably knows you are a big wussy and calls you names when you can't get her there.  

    What idiot goes on a gambling forum to whine about losing.  




    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by DRIBBLE4LIFE:


    i WOULD WAGER EVERYTHING i OWN THAT WITH YOUR PERSONALITY, YOUR OWMAN FAKES MANY AN ORGASM.

    That's better than your woman.  At least mine knows who the man is and tries to at least please me by faking it.   And gives respect.  

    Your woman probably knows you are a big wussy and calls you names when you can't get her there.  

    What idiot goes on a gambling forum to whine about losing.  




     
     
    mafioso
    mafioso
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2010
    Posts: 2665
    Posted: Sep. 16, 2016 - 4:00 AM ET #25

    Quote Originally Posted by VegasVandal:





    Would be willing to wager that over 50% of people on this site have at least 1 kid.

    i dont have any myself but would venture to guess most to tell you the wagering losses make it hurt THAT much more with children than without

    2 kids and a wife
    No loss hurts Financially as I practice near flawless money management.

    Those with a family
    Pull your heads out of your A$$es if you are betting over your head and not with it.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasVandal:





    Would be willing to wager that over 50% of people on this site have at least 1 kid.

    i dont have any myself but would venture to guess most to tell you the wagering losses make it hurt THAT much more with children than without

    2 kids and a wife
    No loss hurts Financially as I practice near flawless money management.

    Those with a family
    Pull your heads out of your A$$es if you are betting over your head and not with it.
    All Forums | College Football
    123 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 450,815
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,201
    • Eagles vs Bears in-game live MNF 2,837
    • PART DEUX 293
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 265,301
    • Monday 09/28/2026 819
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,008
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 102,470
    • Eagles@Bears discussion 3,734
    • ?? KBO Plays 🥎 15,580

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.