Quote Originally Posted by SportsIntuition: @smellybunty Buying a half point is irrelevant if you win more than you lose. Why is this such a difficult concept for most to grasp? Oh wait, it's because most lose more than they win, that's why. And most of my picks involve certain key numbers and this is why buying the hook is common. My whole point is, if you are picking a team to win and you think that the 1/2 point is gonna come into play, then honestly you should pass on that game. Theres an old saying in the gambling world "Its better to pass on a winner then bet a loser" Theres actually been research on this very subject. Either way good luck with the plays
The "research" on the subject only works because of what I already said - 98% of the people lose big.
What do you think those same "researchers" would find if they did the same study on the 2% that win big consistently?
Common sense says if you lose big consistently, don't waste your money on buying a half point because it won't matter, because you've already proven you can't pick winners.
But if you win big consistently, then it's a whole different ballgame because you do things to protect every investment you make, like hedging and buying half points to get to certain key numbers.
I've been VERY successful betting football for the last 20+ years.
I'm not an action junkie or degen, I am a very smart investor.
And the last thing I would ever do is change what's worked for me.
All because "research" that doesn't apply to me, and others like me, says it's a losing proposition.
Quote Originally Posted by cd329:
Quote Originally Posted by SportsIntuition: @smellybunty Buying a half point is irrelevant if you win more than you lose. Why is this such a difficult concept for most to grasp? Oh wait, it's because most lose more than they win, that's why. And most of my picks involve certain key numbers and this is why buying the hook is common. My whole point is, if you are picking a team to win and you think that the 1/2 point is gonna come into play, then honestly you should pass on that game. Theres an old saying in the gambling world "Its better to pass on a winner then bet a loser" Theres actually been research on this very subject. Either way good luck with the plays
The "research" on the subject only works because of what I already said - 98% of the people lose big.
What do you think those same "researchers" would find if they did the same study on the 2% that win big consistently?
Common sense says if you lose big consistently, don't waste your money on buying a half point because it won't matter, because you've already proven you can't pick winners.
But if you win big consistently, then it's a whole different ballgame because you do things to protect every investment you make, like hedging and buying half points to get to certain key numbers.
I've been VERY successful betting football for the last 20+ years.
I'm not an action junkie or degen, I am a very smart investor.
And the last thing I would ever do is change what's worked for me.
All because "research" that doesn't apply to me, and others like me, says it's a losing proposition.