• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | College Basketball

    2012 Kempom System

    «First Previous 345 ... 777879 Next Last»
    sllab33
    HunterPrice
    wmi799
    npearl
    PLAYAAAA1969
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 495607
    Posts: 1969
    «First Previous 345 ... 777879 Next Last»
     
    sllab33
    sllab33
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 554
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2012 - 1:12 PM ET #51

    actually hunter, kine would prefer if ppl like bengal fan were simply told this:

    "READ THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD AND FIGURE IT OUT FOR YOURSELF, YOU LAZY NUMBNUTS"

    Reply

    actually hunter, kine would prefer if ppl like bengal fan were simply told this:

    "READ THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD AND FIGURE IT OUT FOR YOURSELF, YOU LAZY NUMBNUTS"

     
    HunterPrice
    HunterPrice
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 1555
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2012 - 1:14 PM ET #52

    Quote Originally Posted by sllab33:

    actually hunter, kine would prefer if ppl like bengal fan were simply told this:

    "READ THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD AND FIGURE IT OUT FOR YOURSELF, YOU LAZY NUMBNUTS"



    Noted,
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sllab33:

    actually hunter, kine would prefer if ppl like bengal fan were simply told this:

    "READ THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD AND FIGURE IT OUT FOR YOURSELF, YOU LAZY NUMBNUTS"



    Noted,
     
    wmi799
    wmi799
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2010
    Posts: 33652
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2012 - 1:27 PM ET #53

    Quote Originally Posted by sllab33:

    actually hunter, kine would prefer if ppl like bengal fan were simply told this:

    "READ THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD AND FIGURE IT OUT FOR YOURSELF, YOU LAZY NUMBNUTS"

    Histrionic personality disorder. It's sad
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sllab33:

    actually hunter, kine would prefer if ppl like bengal fan were simply told this:

    "READ THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD AND FIGURE IT OUT FOR YOURSELF, YOU LAZY NUMBNUTS"

     
    npearl
    npearl
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2011
    Posts: 1839
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2012 - 1:38 PM ET #54

    Quote Originally Posted by sllab33:

    actually hunter, kine would prefer if ppl like bengal fan were simply told this:

    "READ THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD AND FIGURE IT OUT FOR YOURSELF, YOU LAZY NUMBNUTS"




    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sllab33:

    actually hunter, kine would prefer if ppl like bengal fan were simply told this:

    "READ THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD AND FIGURE IT OUT FOR YOURSELF, YOU LAZY NUMBNUTS"




     
    PLAYAAAA1969
    PLAYAAAA1969
    All-Star
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2009
    Posts: 10344
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2012 - 1:48 PM ET #55

    I expect 38 - 9 on System plays...Or your dead meat...
    Reply
    I expect 38 - 9 on System plays...Or your dead meat...
     
    brthestar
    brthestar
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 420
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2012 - 1:53 PM ET #56

    Quote Originally Posted by PLAYAAAA1969:

    I expect 38 - 9 on System plays...Or your dead meat...

    Only "Playaaa's" can produce #'s like that......

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by PLAYAAAA1969:

    I expect 38 - 9 on System plays...Or your dead meat...

    Only "Playaaa's" can produce #'s like that......

     
    BonoBob
    BonoBob
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2010
    Posts: 223
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2012 - 2:10 PM ET #57

    Playaaaaaaaaaaaa's don't need do any damn thing but show us that fine asssss of hers.....lol
    Reply
    Playaaaaaaaaaaaa's don't need do any damn thing but show us that fine asssss of hers.....lol
     
    JEG53
    JEG53
    Hall of Fame
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 26759
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2012 - 2:15 PM ET #58

    Thanks Prof.for the work,pre-system plays this year were very good,but ryno thread went very south at times,alot of games in there that were being played didnt qualify,but the games ryno posted did very well,
    and a Thanks to Ryno for posting pre-plays,starting off with house money and lets hope for another profit from this system.
    Reply
    Thanks Prof.for the work,pre-system plays this year were very good,but ryno thread went very south at times,alot of games in there that were being played didnt qualify,but the games ryno posted did very well,
    and a Thanks to Ryno for posting pre-plays,starting off with house money and lets hope for another profit from this system.
     
    Fools_Gold
    Fools_Gold
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 959
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2012 - 2:56 PM ET #59

    Quote Originally Posted by HunterPrice:

    Now that we are past Bracket buster weekend, I'm not sure this will come up again but I'll ask it anyway.

    In a situation where you have two teams from separate conferences where only one of the teams has regular lines is the system based on only the home team being from one of the "lined" conferences?  OR do both teams have to be from the normally "lined" conferences?

    thanks!

    I checked the results from that first year and it seems that BOTH have to be from "lined" conferences....

    Seems those "unlined" conference teams are always such big question marks.... better to just lay off....
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterPrice:

    Now that we are past Bracket buster weekend, I'm not sure this will come up again but I'll ask it anyway.

    In a situation where you have two teams from separate conferences where only one of the teams has regular lines is the system based on only the home team being from one of the "lined" conferences?  OR do both teams have to be from the normally "lined" conferences?

    thanks!

    I checked the results from that first year and it seems that BOTH have to be from "lined" conferences....

    Seems those "unlined" conference teams are always such big question marks.... better to just lay off....
     
    cr619
    cr619
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2012
    Posts: 20
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2012 - 3:44 PM ET #60

    Quote Originally Posted by Bengalfan9:

    too much reading, just give us the fuckin play!

     

     

     

    Bengalfan should go play with himself...

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengalfan9:

    too much reading, just give us the fuckin play!

     

     

     

    Bengalfan should go play with himself...

     
    RebelTell2
    RebelTell2
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2007
    Posts: 3345
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2012 - 3:44 PM ET #61

    I'm not a profit of line movement and can tell you that I would rather grab a line .5 pts too soon, than 1-2 pts too late.  Amazon.com forgot to ship me my crystal ball so its pointless to ask me what I think the line will do, if this season is any indication, it will probably move down (away from us).

    You may not be a prophet but you will profit!!! Hey Kine, thanks for your great help...you and nropp11 are the nuts in my humble opinion. Let's get 'em from here on out.


    RebelTell2
    Reply
    I'm not a profit of line movement and can tell you that I would rather grab a line .5 pts too soon, than 1-2 pts too late.  Amazon.com forgot to ship me my crystal ball so its pointless to ask me what I think the line will do, if this season is any indication, it will probably move down (away from us).

    You may not be a prophet but you will profit!!! Hey Kine, thanks for your great help...you and nropp11 are the nuts in my humble opinion. Let's get 'em from here on out.


    RebelTell2
     
    HunterPrice
    HunterPrice
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 1555
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2012 - 4:17 PM ET #62

    Quote Originally Posted by Fools_Gold:


    I checked the results from that first year and it seems that BOTH have to be from "lined" conferences....

    Seems those "unlined" conference teams are always such big question marks.... better to just lay off....


    I thought as much, thanks for the confirmation.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Fools_Gold:


    I checked the results from that first year and it seems that BOTH have to be from "lined" conferences....

    Seems those "unlined" conference teams are always such big question marks.... better to just lay off....


    I thought as much, thanks for the confirmation.
     
    gobi85
    gobi85
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 250
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2012 - 4:18 PM ET #63

    Started looking into tomorrows games.  I already ruled out some games due to conference or current Kenpom ranking.  Of the remaining games, I am pretty sure there are some other games that can be ruled out, but I figured I'd leave them in until the lines come out and we can properly rule them out.  Also, I am not sure if Kenpom rankings are updated daily/weekly, so I left in all the games where the home team is in the vicinity of the 165 rank.  Here is what I have so far:

    Clemson (76) @ Georgia Tech (151) - ACC
    Kent St. (113) @ Miami (OH) (197) - MAC
    Illinois-Chicago (277) @ Butler (132) - Horizon
    Wofford (189) @ UNC-Greensboro - (263) - Southern
    Miami (FL) (42) @ Maryland (146) - ACC
    Cleveland St. (86) @ Green Bay (183) - Horizon
    Loyola (IL) (292) @ Valpo (143) - Horizon
    Reply
    Started looking into tomorrows games.  I already ruled out some games due to conference or current Kenpom ranking.  Of the remaining games, I am pretty sure there are some other games that can be ruled out, but I figured I'd leave them in until the lines come out and we can properly rule them out.  Also, I am not sure if Kenpom rankings are updated daily/weekly, so I left in all the games where the home team is in the vicinity of the 165 rank.  Here is what I have so far:

    Clemson (76) @ Georgia Tech (151) - ACC
    Kent St. (113) @ Miami (OH) (197) - MAC
    Illinois-Chicago (277) @ Butler (132) - Horizon
    Wofford (189) @ UNC-Greensboro - (263) - Southern
    Miami (FL) (42) @ Maryland (146) - ACC
    Cleveland St. (86) @ Green Bay (183) - Horizon
    Loyola (IL) (292) @ Valpo (143) - Horizon
     
    HunterPrice
    HunterPrice
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2008
    Posts: 1555
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2012 - 4:19 PM ET #64

    Quote Originally Posted by RebelTell2:

    I'm not a profit of line movement and can tell you that I would rather grab a line .5 pts too soon, than 1-2 pts too late.  Amazon.com forgot to ship me my crystal ball so its pointless to ask me what I think the line will do, if this season is any indication, it will probably move down (away from us).

    You may not be a prophet but you will profit!!! Hey Kine, thanks for your great help...you and nropp11 are the nuts in my humble opinion. Let's get 'em from here on out.


    RebelTell2


    Couldn't resist giving a shout out to Amazon Prime.....I think I'm addicted to the free shipping, lol
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by RebelTell2:

    I'm not a profit of line movement and can tell you that I would rather grab a line .5 pts too soon, than 1-2 pts too late.  Amazon.com forgot to ship me my crystal ball so its pointless to ask me what I think the line will do, if this season is any indication, it will probably move down (away from us).

    You may not be a prophet but you will profit!!! Hey Kine, thanks for your great help...you and nropp11 are the nuts in my humble opinion. Let's get 'em from here on out.


    RebelTell2


    Couldn't resist giving a shout out to Amazon Prime.....I think I'm addicted to the free shipping, lol
     
    riccio14
    riccio14
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2008
    Posts: 1391
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2012 - 4:27 PM ET #65

    Quote Originally Posted by gobi85:

    Started looking into tomorrows games.  I already ruled out some games due to conference or current Kenpom ranking.  Of the remaining games, I am pretty sure there are some other games that can be ruled out, but I figured I'd leave them in until the lines come out and we can properly rule them out.  Also, I am not sure if Kenpom rankings are updated daily/weekly, so I left in all the games where the home team is in the vicinity of the 165 rank.  Here is what I have so far:

    Clemson (76) @ Georgia Tech (151) - ACC
    Kent St. (113) @ Miami (OH) (197) - MAC
    Illinois-Chicago (277) @ Butler (132) - Horizon
    Wofford (189) @ UNC-Greensboro - (263) - Southern
    Miami (FL) (42) @ Maryland (146) - ACC
    Cleveland St. (86) @ Green Bay (183) - Horizon
    Loyola (IL) (292) @ Valpo (143) - Horizon

    You wasted your time. Not one of those games will be close to becoming a system play

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by gobi85:

    Started looking into tomorrows games.  I already ruled out some games due to conference or current Kenpom ranking.  Of the remaining games, I am pretty sure there are some other games that can be ruled out, but I figured I'd leave them in until the lines come out and we can properly rule them out.  Also, I am not sure if Kenpom rankings are updated daily/weekly, so I left in all the games where the home team is in the vicinity of the 165 rank.  Here is what I have so far:

    Clemson (76) @ Georgia Tech (151) - ACC
    Kent St. (113) @ Miami (OH) (197) - MAC
    Illinois-Chicago (277) @ Butler (132) - Horizon
    Wofford (189) @ UNC-Greensboro - (263) - Southern
    Miami (FL) (42) @ Maryland (146) - ACC
    Cleveland St. (86) @ Green Bay (183) - Horizon
    Loyola (IL) (292) @ Valpo (143) - Horizon

    You wasted your time. Not one of those games will be close to becoming a system play

     
    gobi85
    gobi85
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2010
    Posts: 250
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2012 - 4:33 PM ET #66

    Quote Originally Posted by riccio14:

    You wasted your time. Not one of those games will be close to becoming a system play


    I guess if practicing how to determine system plays rather than making plays based on what others post is unimportant, than I wasted my time.  As I stated before, many of those plays could be ruled out.  I was just trying to stick with the system parameters and not rule out any plays until they were justly ruled out.  I'd rather be extra cautious and thorough then to possibly miss a play.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by riccio14:

    You wasted your time. Not one of those games will be close to becoming a system play


    I guess if practicing how to determine system plays rather than making plays based on what others post is unimportant, than I wasted my time.  As I stated before, many of those plays could be ruled out.  I was just trying to stick with the system parameters and not rule out any plays until they were justly ruled out.  I'd rather be extra cautious and thorough then to possibly miss a play.
     
    kammer55
    kammer55
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2009
    Posts: 3272
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2012 - 4:37 PM ET #67

    Thanks for your time and effort KINE it's appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    cheech1972
    Reply
    Thanks for your time and effort KINE it's appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
     
    KineProfessor
    KineProfessor
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 4619
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2012 - 4:39 PM ET #68

    Hey Guys,
    I'm not planning on coming in here and answering questions every day because: a. there are plenty of people I trust on the site to answer your questions correctly and b. there aren't very many questions that you can ask that weren't already answered in the first two above posts.  But as the main question of the thread till this point:

    The opening line is the first line YOU have the opportunity to bet

    Normally, if you have online books (and even most locals), that would be some time the evening before the games (5dimes normally posts the next days line after the last game of the night has tipped off.  So, for me, that would be the "opening line"

    This means that there will be the possibility that a game COULD be a play for some people and NOT for others.  I, myself, am always looking for ways to LIMIT my plays, not expand them and I would suggest that you do the same. 
    Reply
    Hey Guys,
    I'm not planning on coming in here and answering questions every day because: a. there are plenty of people I trust on the site to answer your questions correctly and b. there aren't very many questions that you can ask that weren't already answered in the first two above posts.  But as the main question of the thread till this point:

    The opening line is the first line YOU have the opportunity to bet

    Normally, if you have online books (and even most locals), that would be some time the evening before the games (5dimes normally posts the next days line after the last game of the night has tipped off.  So, for me, that would be the "opening line"

    This means that there will be the possibility that a game COULD be a play for some people and NOT for others.  I, myself, am always looking for ways to LIMIT my plays, not expand them and I would suggest that you do the same. 
     
    KineProfessor
    KineProfessor
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 4619
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2012 - 4:43 PM ET #69

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbozo:

     Kine Professor, first let me say that you are very gracious to share all your efforts with this forum. 

     While this system is simple,  it is still difficult not to want to use some of your own skill and experience.  For example, when you say a team loses value that opened +11 and moves against you to +8, wouldn't that apply more if you made your own line?  The public doesn't usually back these bad teams for many of the reasons you gave, so it would seem that it if it doesn't go below 6 1/2, it could be a smaller play.  (That is for those that can't or don't get the opening number.) 

    And for the conferences usually not lined, I have observed over the years they have won much more than they have lost when they get line movement.  Just yesterday,  Albany went from +1 to -1 1/2 with their 2 best players out and then won both halves which made no sense if you handicaped the game. Another recent game was Coppin St which opened at -14 1/2 and closed at -11.  They won the 1h by 18, then lost the 2h by 15 to win by 3. 

     Alabama A&M a few weeks ago was lined and in the same type of game as Coppin St, so that is just a few  lately.  IMHO, there was something going on in all those games and it wasn't the public on them.  And tomorrow's game also fits the same mold, so in this case I would much rather be on the side getting the move, wouldn't you? Again, thank you for all the nice work you have done!



    Perfect example of using the principles of the system to find others plays outside the system.  Just by the fact that you are looking at these types of games as opposed to the "popular" games means you are more likely to be successful at this endeavor. 

    I don't pay attention to line movement AT ALL.  For every time a line moves one way and the line wins, the next time it will move a similar way and it loses.  I ALWAYS want the best line possible and if I think a particular play is the right side and the line is moving towards me (aka I'm getting an even better line), I don't worry about that at all, in fact, I'll consider better more in that case.  So I'm probably a bad person to ask about line movement plays as I give them absolutely zero weight and they don't factor in my handicapping in the least
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbozo:

     Kine Professor, first let me say that you are very gracious to share all your efforts with this forum. 

     While this system is simple,  it is still difficult not to want to use some of your own skill and experience.  For example, when you say a team loses value that opened +11 and moves against you to +8, wouldn't that apply more if you made your own line?  The public doesn't usually back these bad teams for many of the reasons you gave, so it would seem that it if it doesn't go below 6 1/2, it could be a smaller play.  (That is for those that can't or don't get the opening number.) 

    And for the conferences usually not lined, I have observed over the years they have won much more than they have lost when they get line movement.  Just yesterday,  Albany went from +1 to -1 1/2 with their 2 best players out and then won both halves which made no sense if you handicaped the game. Another recent game was Coppin St which opened at -14 1/2 and closed at -11.  They won the 1h by 18, then lost the 2h by 15 to win by 3. 

     Alabama A&M a few weeks ago was lined and in the same type of game as Coppin St, so that is just a few  lately.  IMHO, there was something going on in all those games and it wasn't the public on them.  And tomorrow's game also fits the same mold, so in this case I would much rather be on the side getting the move, wouldn't you? Again, thank you for all the nice work you have done!



    Perfect example of using the principles of the system to find others plays outside the system.  Just by the fact that you are looking at these types of games as opposed to the "popular" games means you are more likely to be successful at this endeavor. 

    I don't pay attention to line movement AT ALL.  For every time a line moves one way and the line wins, the next time it will move a similar way and it loses.  I ALWAYS want the best line possible and if I think a particular play is the right side and the line is moving towards me (aka I'm getting an even better line), I don't worry about that at all, in fact, I'll consider better more in that case.  So I'm probably a bad person to ask about line movement plays as I give them absolutely zero weight and they don't factor in my handicapping in the least
     
    KineProfessor
    KineProfessor
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 4619
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2012 - 4:44 PM ET #70

    Quote Originally Posted by npearl:

    Thank you very much, Kine.

    As a point of reference, where do you find your most reliable openers?


    Going to repeat there here just in case anyone missed it, your "opener" is the very first chance the game is made available by your online site, local, etc.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by npearl:

    Thank you very much, Kine.

    As a point of reference, where do you find your most reliable openers?


    Going to repeat there here just in case anyone missed it, your "opener" is the very first chance the game is made available by your online site, local, etc.
     
    KineProfessor
    KineProfessor
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 4619
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2012 - 4:49 PM ET #71

    Quote Originally Posted by HunterPrice:

    Now that we are past Bracket buster weekend, I'm not sure this will come up again but I'll ask it anyway.

    In a situation where you have two teams from separate conferences where only one of the teams has regular lines is the system based on only the home team being from one of the "lined" conferences?  OR do both teams have to be from the normally "lined" conferences?

    thanks!


    I'm always looking for ways to LIMIT the system plays, so both teams would have to be from "lined" conferences, but that doesn't mean I still wouldn't bet the game.  If you always bet against a sucky team every time they were a big favorite (whether they fit the system or not - and our definition of "sucky" could be different), my hypothesis is that you will make money season in and season out
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterPrice:

    Now that we are past Bracket buster weekend, I'm not sure this will come up again but I'll ask it anyway.

    In a situation where you have two teams from separate conferences where only one of the teams has regular lines is the system based on only the home team being from one of the "lined" conferences?  OR do both teams have to be from the normally "lined" conferences?

    thanks!


    I'm always looking for ways to LIMIT the system plays, so both teams would have to be from "lined" conferences, but that doesn't mean I still wouldn't bet the game.  If you always bet against a sucky team every time they were a big favorite (whether they fit the system or not - and our definition of "sucky" could be different), my hypothesis is that you will make money season in and season out
     
    ryno23
    ryno23
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 3020
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2012 - 4:49 PM ET #72

    Quote Originally Posted by JEG53:

    Thanks Prof.for the work,pre-system plays this year were very good,but ryno thread went very south at times,alot of games in there that were being played didnt qualify,but the games ryno posted did very well,
    and a Thanks to Ryno for posting pre-plays,starting off with house money and lets hope for another profit from this system.

    thanks jegs,

    yes i did the pre system...and it was profitable... 25 and 9 i beleive....as far as some plays in there that werent system...i would state when it wasnt a system or play that met the parameters ....other than that i wasnt real strict  with it.... all in all..glad kine wrote this thread.

    gl the rest of way... ryno

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by JEG53:

    Thanks Prof.for the work,pre-system plays this year were very good,but ryno thread went very south at times,alot of games in there that were being played didnt qualify,but the games ryno posted did very well,
    and a Thanks to Ryno for posting pre-plays,starting off with house money and lets hope for another profit from this system.

    thanks jegs,

    yes i did the pre system...and it was profitable... 25 and 9 i beleive....as far as some plays in there that werent system...i would state when it wasnt a system or play that met the parameters ....other than that i wasnt real strict  with it.... all in all..glad kine wrote this thread.

    gl the rest of way... ryno

     
    KineProfessor
    KineProfessor
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 4619
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2012 - 4:49 PM ET #73

    Quote Originally Posted by sllab33:

    actually hunter, kine would prefer if ppl like bengal fan were simply told this:

    "READ THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD AND FIGURE IT OUT FOR YOURSELF, YOU LAZY NUMBNUTS"



    Exactly!
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sllab33:

    actually hunter, kine would prefer if ppl like bengal fan were simply told this:

    "READ THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD AND FIGURE IT OUT FOR YOURSELF, YOU LAZY NUMBNUTS"



    Exactly!
     
    ryno23
    ryno23
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2006
    Posts: 3020
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2012 - 4:51 PM ET #74

    Quote Originally Posted by riccio14:

    You wasted your time. Not one of those games will be close to becoming a system play

    riccio,

     can you believe after the first ''very detailed'' post they still have to be um....challenged?...gl look forward to your totals play still  thanks  ryno

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by riccio14:

    You wasted your time. Not one of those games will be close to becoming a system play

    riccio,

     can you believe after the first ''very detailed'' post they still have to be um....challenged?...gl look forward to your totals play still  thanks  ryno

     
     
    KineProfessor
    KineProfessor
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 4619
    Posted: Feb. 20, 2012 - 4:52 PM ET #75

    Quote Originally Posted by JEG53:

    Thanks Prof.for the work,pre-system plays this year were very good,but ryno thread went very south at times,alot of games in there that were being played didnt qualify,but the games ryno posted did very well,
    and a Thanks to Ryno for posting pre-plays,starting off with house money and lets hope for another profit from this system.


    I was in contact with Ryno and he did an awesome job with the threads, the actual "pre-system" plays did very well (10-12 games over .500 depending on what lines you got) and the games that actually didn't fit "the pre-system" also made money, just not at as high a clip.  But that should tell us that just because a game doesn't fit the system parameters exactly, it doesn't mean we should still consider betting on or against that team - its based on that principle that I've been making money the last three years
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by JEG53:

    Thanks Prof.for the work,pre-system plays this year were very good,but ryno thread went very south at times,alot of games in there that were being played didnt qualify,but the games ryno posted did very well,
    and a Thanks to Ryno for posting pre-plays,starting off with house money and lets hope for another profit from this system.


    I was in contact with Ryno and he did an awesome job with the threads, the actual "pre-system" plays did very well (10-12 games over .500 depending on what lines you got) and the games that actually didn't fit "the pre-system" also made money, just not at as high a clip.  But that should tell us that just because a game doesn't fit the system parameters exactly, it doesn't mean we should still consider betting on or against that team - its based on that principle that I've been making money the last three years
    All Forums | College Basketball
    «First Previous 345 ... 777879 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,357
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,900
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 436
    • PART DEUX 160
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 848
    • Week 6 Money 8,535
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,854
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,793
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,291
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,265

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.