• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 5
      NFL Week 5
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | College Basketball

    2012 Kempom System

    «First Previous 567 ... 777879 Next Last»
    roundrock9
    dalers
    KineProfessor
    Throbbingristle
    wmi799
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 495607
    Posts: 1969
    «First Previous 567 ... 777879 Next Last»
     
    roundrock9
    roundrock9
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2011
    Posts: 579
    Posted: Feb. 21, 2012 - 10:03 AM ET #101

    Quote Originally Posted by TDHCentral:



    I know you asked Kine, but if you don't mind, I'd like to interject my opinion here.  The answer is 'no'.  Firstly, WNBA lines are already skewed and easily capped for or against because there is very very little action on this sport wherein line movement or otherwise dictates vegas money.  In other words, it's just not a popular enough sport where large amts of money move a line and quite frankly for Oddmakers to spend much time on the games.  Over the years I've made a good amt of $$ on WNBA by just capping the games.

    NBA is a different beast.  I do well at NBA, but it's far from easy, and I don't think there is a system out there that can be continuously profitable for the NBA. There are WAY too many angles, situations, rotations, etc to look at in the NBA games.

    Kine's system here is basically to 'expose' the oddmakers' line's on crappy teams wherein either can win in a given situation. Again, look at the games yourself utiliziling KenPom and other sites based on the system to get an advantage on beating the lines.

    Hope this made sense. 

    appreciate the response. makes lot of sense

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by TDHCentral:



    I know you asked Kine, but if you don't mind, I'd like to interject my opinion here.  The answer is 'no'.  Firstly, WNBA lines are already skewed and easily capped for or against because there is very very little action on this sport wherein line movement or otherwise dictates vegas money.  In other words, it's just not a popular enough sport where large amts of money move a line and quite frankly for Oddmakers to spend much time on the games.  Over the years I've made a good amt of $$ on WNBA by just capping the games.

    NBA is a different beast.  I do well at NBA, but it's far from easy, and I don't think there is a system out there that can be continuously profitable for the NBA. There are WAY too many angles, situations, rotations, etc to look at in the NBA games.

    Kine's system here is basically to 'expose' the oddmakers' line's on crappy teams wherein either can win in a given situation. Again, look at the games yourself utiliziling KenPom and other sites based on the system to get an advantage on beating the lines.

    Hope this made sense. 

    appreciate the response. makes lot of sense

     
    dalers
    dalers
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2011
    Posts: 2
    Posted: Feb. 21, 2012 - 10:16 AM ET #102

    Quote Originally Posted by KineProfessor:

    Spoiler Alert: there won't be any system plays tomorrow, but I will have a "larger" than normal play on a game tomorrow.  I have to wait on some info in the morning, but I'll post it here sometime in the a.m. after I confirm some things if anyone is interested. 

    Interested for sure here. Thanks in advance KP

    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by KineProfessor:

    Spoiler Alert: there won't be any system plays tomorrow, but I will have a "larger" than normal play on a game tomorrow.  I have to wait on some info in the morning, but I'll post it here sometime in the a.m. after I confirm some things if anyone is interested. 

    Interested for sure here. Thanks in advance KP

     
    KineProfessor
    KineProfessor
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 4619
    Posted: Feb. 21, 2012 - 11:27 AM ET #103

    Going to go ahead and post this play now (writeup will be brief): I'll be on Greensboro +2 (looks like it might tip over to 2.5 if 5dimes reduced juice is any indication).  This is a matchup/situational play for me, its currently my normal 1-unit flat bet play.  I'm waiting on word about UNCG's leading scorer Trevis Simpson.  I believe he'll play but I'm actually waiting to hear how he is doing with the turf toe injury that caused him to miss a game (two games back) and he did play this weekend but turf toe lingers and sometimes a few days later your in more pain than before.  As I said, I think he plays, just not sure how many minutes.  On to the brief writeup: UNCG is one of the deepest teams in the country going 9 deep and playing tons of bench minutes (#29 in the country), while Wofford has one of the shortest benches in the country (ranked 343 out of 345 teams in bench minutes).  UNCG plays a very fast tempo as well and with this being the end of a long season and series of games, think its a good spot for Greensboro to wear Wofford down (Wofford is a very inefficient offensive team anyway).  One of my theories of the new system is that there are tons of mediocre teams in NCAA and this is a perfect example as Wofford is ranked 189 by Kenpom while Greensboro is 263 and these teams are nearly identical.  Greenboro played the #6 toughest SOS in the country and had a huge problem with playing time, roles and players attitudes, they started the season 2-14 (0-3 in conference) and their coach was fired.  28-year old assistent coach Wes Miller took over and the team took off under his "we are all in the together, play for each other" mentality.  Greensboro is 10-2 over there last 12 games and are 10-6 in the SoCon and now word has just surfaced that Greensboro will not take the interim tag of Miller and will start a nationwide search for a new coach.  Believe me when I say these kids are going to be playing hard for Miller and try to prove he is the man for the job.  Also, Greensboro can clinch the #1 seed and a bye in the SOCON tourney with a win today in their last home game of the season.  I have a few more angles but that is all for now.  I'm going to hold out hope of getting 2.5 or even 3 but as of right now it will be a 1-unit play unless I get word back that Simpson recovered will from Saturday's game.  Good luck with whatever you decide.
    Reply
    Going to go ahead and post this play now (writeup will be brief): I'll be on Greensboro +2 (looks like it might tip over to 2.5 if 5dimes reduced juice is any indication).  This is a matchup/situational play for me, its currently my normal 1-unit flat bet play.  I'm waiting on word about UNCG's leading scorer Trevis Simpson.  I believe he'll play but I'm actually waiting to hear how he is doing with the turf toe injury that caused him to miss a game (two games back) and he did play this weekend but turf toe lingers and sometimes a few days later your in more pain than before.  As I said, I think he plays, just not sure how many minutes.  On to the brief writeup: UNCG is one of the deepest teams in the country going 9 deep and playing tons of bench minutes (#29 in the country), while Wofford has one of the shortest benches in the country (ranked 343 out of 345 teams in bench minutes).  UNCG plays a very fast tempo as well and with this being the end of a long season and series of games, think its a good spot for Greensboro to wear Wofford down (Wofford is a very inefficient offensive team anyway).  One of my theories of the new system is that there are tons of mediocre teams in NCAA and this is a perfect example as Wofford is ranked 189 by Kenpom while Greensboro is 263 and these teams are nearly identical.  Greenboro played the #6 toughest SOS in the country and had a huge problem with playing time, roles and players attitudes, they started the season 2-14 (0-3 in conference) and their coach was fired.  28-year old assistent coach Wes Miller took over and the team took off under his "we are all in the together, play for each other" mentality.  Greensboro is 10-2 over there last 12 games and are 10-6 in the SoCon and now word has just surfaced that Greensboro will not take the interim tag of Miller and will start a nationwide search for a new coach.  Believe me when I say these kids are going to be playing hard for Miller and try to prove he is the man for the job.  Also, Greensboro can clinch the #1 seed and a bye in the SOCON tourney with a win today in their last home game of the season.  I have a few more angles but that is all for now.  I'm going to hold out hope of getting 2.5 or even 3 but as of right now it will be a 1-unit play unless I get word back that Simpson recovered will from Saturday's game.  Good luck with whatever you decide.
     
    Throbbingristle
    Throbbingristle
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2011
    Posts: 177
    Posted: Feb. 21, 2012 - 11:46 AM ET #104

    Reply
     
    wmi799
    wmi799
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2010
    Posts: 33652
    Posted: Feb. 21, 2012 - 11:51 AM ET #105

    Quote Originally Posted by KineProfessor:

    Going to go ahead and post this play now (writeup will be brief): I'll be on Greensboro +2 (looks like it might tip over to 2.5 if 5dimes reduced juice is any indication).  This is a matchup/situational play for me, its currently my normal 1-unit flat bet play.  I'm waiting on word about UNCG's leading scorer Trevis Simpson.  I believe he'll play but I'm actually waiting to hear how he is doing with the turf toe injury that caused him to miss a game (two games back) and he did play this weekend but turf toe lingers and sometimes a few days later your in more pain than before.  As I said, I think he plays, just not sure how many minutes.  On to the brief writeup: UNCG is one of the deepest teams in the country going 9 deep and playing tons of bench minutes (#29 in the country), while Wofford has one of the shortest benches in the country (ranked 343 out of 345 teams in bench minutes).  UNCG plays a very fast tempo as well and with this being the end of a long season and series of games, think its a good spot for Greensboro to wear Wofford down (Wofford is a very inefficient offensive team anyway).  One of my theories of the new system is that there are tons of mediocre teams in NCAA and this is a perfect example as Wofford is ranked 189 by Kenpom while Greensboro is 263 and these teams are nearly identical.  Greenboro played the #6 toughest SOS in the country and had a huge problem with playing time, roles and players attitudes, they started the season 2-14 (0-3 in conference) and their coach was fired.  28-year old assistent coach Wes Miller took over and the team took off under his "we are all in the together, play for each other" mentality.  Greensboro is 10-2 over there last 12 games and are 10-6 in the SoCon and now word has just surfaced that Greensboro will not take the interim tag of Miller and will start a nationwide search for a new coach.  Believe me when I say these kids are going to be playing hard for Miller and try to prove he is the man for the job.  Also, Greensboro can clinch the #1 seed and a bye in the SOCON tourney with a win today in their last home game of the season.  I have a few more angles but that is all for now.  I'm going to hold out hope of getting 2.5 or even 3 but as of right now it will be a 1-unit play unless I get word back that Simpson recovered will from Saturday's game.  Good luck with whatever you decide.

     I already liked this game. Greensboro has been good to me the few times I bet them. Thanks for the write up KP!

    Histrionic personality disorder. It's sad
    Reply

    Quote Originally Posted by KineProfessor:

    Going to go ahead and post this play now (writeup will be brief): I'll be on Greensboro +2 (looks like it might tip over to 2.5 if 5dimes reduced juice is any indication).  This is a matchup/situational play for me, its currently my normal 1-unit flat bet play.  I'm waiting on word about UNCG's leading scorer Trevis Simpson.  I believe he'll play but I'm actually waiting to hear how he is doing with the turf toe injury that caused him to miss a game (two games back) and he did play this weekend but turf toe lingers and sometimes a few days later your in more pain than before.  As I said, I think he plays, just not sure how many minutes.  On to the brief writeup: UNCG is one of the deepest teams in the country going 9 deep and playing tons of bench minutes (#29 in the country), while Wofford has one of the shortest benches in the country (ranked 343 out of 345 teams in bench minutes).  UNCG plays a very fast tempo as well and with this being the end of a long season and series of games, think its a good spot for Greensboro to wear Wofford down (Wofford is a very inefficient offensive team anyway).  One of my theories of the new system is that there are tons of mediocre teams in NCAA and this is a perfect example as Wofford is ranked 189 by Kenpom while Greensboro is 263 and these teams are nearly identical.  Greenboro played the #6 toughest SOS in the country and had a huge problem with playing time, roles and players attitudes, they started the season 2-14 (0-3 in conference) and their coach was fired.  28-year old assistent coach Wes Miller took over and the team took off under his "we are all in the together, play for each other" mentality.  Greensboro is 10-2 over there last 12 games and are 10-6 in the SoCon and now word has just surfaced that Greensboro will not take the interim tag of Miller and will start a nationwide search for a new coach.  Believe me when I say these kids are going to be playing hard for Miller and try to prove he is the man for the job.  Also, Greensboro can clinch the #1 seed and a bye in the SOCON tourney with a win today in their last home game of the season.  I have a few more angles but that is all for now.  I'm going to hold out hope of getting 2.5 or even 3 but as of right now it will be a 1-unit play unless I get word back that Simpson recovered will from Saturday's game.  Good luck with whatever you decide.

     I already liked this game. Greensboro has been good to me the few times I bet them. Thanks for the write up KP!

     
    Beerguytx
    Beerguytx
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2011
    Posts: 98
    Posted: Feb. 21, 2012 - 12:03 PM ET #106

    KP, let us know what you find out about Simpson. That will be the deciding factor for me in this game. Thanks for all your insight and hard work. 
    Reply
    KP, let us know what you find out about Simpson. That will be the deciding factor for me in this game. Thanks for all your insight and hard work. 
     
    evilelvis
    evilelvis
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2010
    Posts: 2852
    Posted: Feb. 21, 2012 - 12:18 PM ET #107

    Reply
     
    riblet
    riblet
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2011
    Posts: 3722
    Posted: Feb. 21, 2012 - 12:32 PM ET #108

    Here is the last 8 times they have played:

    Wofford ~ 90-72
    Wofford ~ 59-47
    Wofford ~ 77-59
    Wofford ~ 79-62
    Wofford ~ 69-57
    Wofford ~ 59-56
    Wofford ~ 66-65
    Wofford ~ 80-75




    Reply
    Here is the last 8 times they have played:

    Wofford ~ 90-72
    Wofford ~ 59-47
    Wofford ~ 77-59
    Wofford ~ 79-62
    Wofford ~ 69-57
    Wofford ~ 59-56
    Wofford ~ 66-65
    Wofford ~ 80-75




     
    npearl
    npearl
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2011
    Posts: 1839
    Posted: Feb. 21, 2012 - 12:33 PM ET #109

    Quote Originally Posted by KineProfessor:

    Going to go ahead and post this play now (writeup will be brief): I'll be on Greensboro +2 (looks like it might tip over to 2.5 if 5dimes reduced juice is any indication).  This is a matchup/situational play for me, its currently my normal 1-unit flat bet play.  I'm waiting on word about UNCG's leading scorer Trevis Simpson.  I believe he'll play but I'm actually waiting to hear how he is doing with the turf toe injury that caused him to miss a game (two games back) and he did play this weekend but turf toe lingers and sometimes a few days later your in more pain than before.  As I said, I think he plays, just not sure how many minutes.  On to the brief writeup: UNCG is one of the deepest teams in the country going 9 deep and playing tons of bench minutes (#29 in the country), while Wofford has one of the shortest benches in the country (ranked 343 out of 345 teams in bench minutes).  UNCG plays a very fast tempo as well and with this being the end of a long season and series of games, think its a good spot for Greensboro to wear Wofford down (Wofford is a very inefficient offensive team anyway).  One of my theories of the new system is that there are tons of mediocre teams in NCAA and this is a perfect example as Wofford is ranked 189 by Kenpom while Greensboro is 263 and these teams are nearly identical.  Greenboro played the #6 toughest SOS in the country and had a huge problem with playing time, roles and players attitudes, they started the season 2-14 (0-3 in conference) and their coach was fired.  28-year old assistent coach Wes Miller took over and the team took off under his "we are all in the together, play for each other" mentality.  Greensboro is 10-2 over there last 12 games and are 10-6 in the SoCon and now word has just surfaced that Greensboro will not take the interim tag of Miller and will start a nationwide search for a new coach.  Believe me when I say these kids are going to be playing hard for Miller and try to prove he is the man for the job.  Also, Greensboro can clinch the #1 seed and a bye in the SOCON tourney with a win today in their last home game of the season.  I have a few more angles but that is all for now.  I'm going to hold out hope of getting 2.5 or even 3 but as of right now it will be a 1-unit play unless I get word back that Simpson recovered will from Saturday's game.  Good luck with whatever you decide.


    I live in Greensboro when I'm not at school at UNC-CH and I am so shocked to see Greensboro's shot at a #1 seed at the conference tourney. This team was the ultimate fade material last season. When I first looked at the game I saw the "no-play" aspect of seeing Wofford as a -1 on the road...knew there was something I was missing. Thanks for the heads up Kine. If the line gets up to +3, I'll take it without news of Simpson, but I'm a bit more worried than you about it. The kid is dynamite in that conference.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by KineProfessor:

    Going to go ahead and post this play now (writeup will be brief): I'll be on Greensboro +2 (looks like it might tip over to 2.5 if 5dimes reduced juice is any indication).  This is a matchup/situational play for me, its currently my normal 1-unit flat bet play.  I'm waiting on word about UNCG's leading scorer Trevis Simpson.  I believe he'll play but I'm actually waiting to hear how he is doing with the turf toe injury that caused him to miss a game (two games back) and he did play this weekend but turf toe lingers and sometimes a few days later your in more pain than before.  As I said, I think he plays, just not sure how many minutes.  On to the brief writeup: UNCG is one of the deepest teams in the country going 9 deep and playing tons of bench minutes (#29 in the country), while Wofford has one of the shortest benches in the country (ranked 343 out of 345 teams in bench minutes).  UNCG plays a very fast tempo as well and with this being the end of a long season and series of games, think its a good spot for Greensboro to wear Wofford down (Wofford is a very inefficient offensive team anyway).  One of my theories of the new system is that there are tons of mediocre teams in NCAA and this is a perfect example as Wofford is ranked 189 by Kenpom while Greensboro is 263 and these teams are nearly identical.  Greenboro played the #6 toughest SOS in the country and had a huge problem with playing time, roles and players attitudes, they started the season 2-14 (0-3 in conference) and their coach was fired.  28-year old assistent coach Wes Miller took over and the team took off under his "we are all in the together, play for each other" mentality.  Greensboro is 10-2 over there last 12 games and are 10-6 in the SoCon and now word has just surfaced that Greensboro will not take the interim tag of Miller and will start a nationwide search for a new coach.  Believe me when I say these kids are going to be playing hard for Miller and try to prove he is the man for the job.  Also, Greensboro can clinch the #1 seed and a bye in the SOCON tourney with a win today in their last home game of the season.  I have a few more angles but that is all for now.  I'm going to hold out hope of getting 2.5 or even 3 but as of right now it will be a 1-unit play unless I get word back that Simpson recovered will from Saturday's game.  Good luck with whatever you decide.


    I live in Greensboro when I'm not at school at UNC-CH and I am so shocked to see Greensboro's shot at a #1 seed at the conference tourney. This team was the ultimate fade material last season. When I first looked at the game I saw the "no-play" aspect of seeing Wofford as a -1 on the road...knew there was something I was missing. Thanks for the heads up Kine. If the line gets up to +3, I'll take it without news of Simpson, but I'm a bit more worried than you about it. The kid is dynamite in that conference.
     
    Bengalfan9
    Bengalfan9
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2007
    Posts: 3872
    Posted: Feb. 21, 2012 - 1:15 PM ET #110

    Quote Originally Posted by sllab33:

    actually hunter, kine would prefer if ppl like bengal fan were simply told this:

    "READ THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD AND FIGURE IT OUT FOR YOURSELF, YOU LAZY NUMBNUTS"

    I went 3-0 +$930 yesterday.. go fuck yourself and your system

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by sllab33:

    actually hunter, kine would prefer if ppl like bengal fan were simply told this:

    "READ THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD AND FIGURE IT OUT FOR YOURSELF, YOU LAZY NUMBNUTS"

    I went 3-0 +$930 yesterday.. go fuck yourself and your system

     
    wmi799
    wmi799
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Mar, 2010
    Posts: 33652
    Posted: Feb. 21, 2012 - 1:24 PM ET #111

    Quote Originally Posted by Bengalfan9:

    I went 3-0 +$930 yesterday.. go fuck yourself and your system

    No need to be an ass! So what you had one good day! Congrats.

    Histrionic personality disorder. It's sad
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengalfan9:

    I went 3-0 +$930 yesterday.. go fuck yourself and your system

    No need to be an ass! So what you had one good day! Congrats.

     
    trewswell
    trewswell
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2010
    Posts: 54
    Posted: Feb. 21, 2012 - 1:33 PM ET #112

     Thank you very much.
    Reply
     Thank you very much.
     
    Fools_Gold
    Fools_Gold
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2007
    Posts: 959
    Posted: Feb. 21, 2012 - 1:33 PM ET #113

    Quote Originally Posted by KineProfessor:

    Going to go ahead and post this play now (writeup will be brief): I'll be on Greensboro +2 (looks like it might tip over to 2.5 if 5dimes reduced juice is any indication).  This is a matchup/situational play for me, its currently my normal 1-unit flat bet play.  I'm waiting on word about UNCG's leading scorer Trevis Simpson.  I believe he'll play but I'm actually waiting to hear how he is doing with the turf toe injury that caused him to miss a game (two games back) and he did play this weekend but turf toe lingers and sometimes a few days later your in more pain than before.  As I said, I think he plays, just not sure how many minutes.  On to the brief writeup: UNCG is one of the deepest teams in the country going 9 deep and playing tons of bench minutes (#29 in the country), while Wofford has one of the shortest benches in the country (ranked 343 out of 345 teams in bench minutes).  UNCG plays a very fast tempo as well and with this being the end of a long season and series of games, think its a good spot for Greensboro to wear Wofford down (Wofford is a very inefficient offensive team anyway).  One of my theories of the new system is that there are tons of mediocre teams in NCAA and this is a perfect example as Wofford is ranked 189 by Kenpom while Greensboro is 263 and these teams are nearly identical.  Greenboro played the #6 toughest SOS in the country and had a huge problem with playing time, roles and players attitudes, they started the season 2-14 (0-3 in conference) and their coach was fired.  28-year old assistent coach Wes Miller took over and the team took off under his "we are all in the together, play for each other" mentality.  Greensboro is 10-2 over there last 12 games and are 10-6 in the SoCon and now word has just surfaced that Greensboro will not take the interim tag of Miller and will start a nationwide search for a new coach.  Believe me when I say these kids are going to be playing hard for Miller and try to prove he is the man for the job.  Also, Greensboro can clinch the #1 seed and a bye in the SOCON tourney with a win today in their last home game of the season.  I have a few more angles but that is all for now.  I'm going to hold out hope of getting 2.5 or even 3 but as of right now it will be a 1-unit play unless I get word back that Simpson recovered will from Saturday's game.  Good luck with whatever you decide.

    Killa Kine!

    When I was scouting potential system plays on Sunday night for the upcoming week, I looked into this Greensboro game and wrote in my notes:

    "#262 Greensboro vs Wofford? they been killing it in conference lately; 10-6…. 1st place in Southern North Division by 2 games; Wofford 10-6 3rd place in Northen division… could be a tight game, the points could be good…"

    Thinking that Greensboro would be a short favorite, prob not up to the -6.5 paramter, but a situation where even 2-3 points could be crucial.... 

    When I saw your post this AM that they were home dogs I was shocked..... I like your analysis of this game.... and I feel that UNGC will finally pull out a W against a longtime division toughy in Wofford...

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by KineProfessor:

    Going to go ahead and post this play now (writeup will be brief): I'll be on Greensboro +2 (looks like it might tip over to 2.5 if 5dimes reduced juice is any indication).  This is a matchup/situational play for me, its currently my normal 1-unit flat bet play.  I'm waiting on word about UNCG's leading scorer Trevis Simpson.  I believe he'll play but I'm actually waiting to hear how he is doing with the turf toe injury that caused him to miss a game (two games back) and he did play this weekend but turf toe lingers and sometimes a few days later your in more pain than before.  As I said, I think he plays, just not sure how many minutes.  On to the brief writeup: UNCG is one of the deepest teams in the country going 9 deep and playing tons of bench minutes (#29 in the country), while Wofford has one of the shortest benches in the country (ranked 343 out of 345 teams in bench minutes).  UNCG plays a very fast tempo as well and with this being the end of a long season and series of games, think its a good spot for Greensboro to wear Wofford down (Wofford is a very inefficient offensive team anyway).  One of my theories of the new system is that there are tons of mediocre teams in NCAA and this is a perfect example as Wofford is ranked 189 by Kenpom while Greensboro is 263 and these teams are nearly identical.  Greenboro played the #6 toughest SOS in the country and had a huge problem with playing time, roles and players attitudes, they started the season 2-14 (0-3 in conference) and their coach was fired.  28-year old assistent coach Wes Miller took over and the team took off under his "we are all in the together, play for each other" mentality.  Greensboro is 10-2 over there last 12 games and are 10-6 in the SoCon and now word has just surfaced that Greensboro will not take the interim tag of Miller and will start a nationwide search for a new coach.  Believe me when I say these kids are going to be playing hard for Miller and try to prove he is the man for the job.  Also, Greensboro can clinch the #1 seed and a bye in the SOCON tourney with a win today in their last home game of the season.  I have a few more angles but that is all for now.  I'm going to hold out hope of getting 2.5 or even 3 but as of right now it will be a 1-unit play unless I get word back that Simpson recovered will from Saturday's game.  Good luck with whatever you decide.

    Killa Kine!

    When I was scouting potential system plays on Sunday night for the upcoming week, I looked into this Greensboro game and wrote in my notes:

    "#262 Greensboro vs Wofford? they been killing it in conference lately; 10-6…. 1st place in Southern North Division by 2 games; Wofford 10-6 3rd place in Northen division… could be a tight game, the points could be good…"

    Thinking that Greensboro would be a short favorite, prob not up to the -6.5 paramter, but a situation where even 2-3 points could be crucial.... 

    When I saw your post this AM that they were home dogs I was shocked..... I like your analysis of this game.... and I feel that UNGC will finally pull out a W against a longtime division toughy in Wofford...

     
    eastcoastplayer
    eastcoastplayer
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 242
    Posted: Feb. 21, 2012 - 2:44 PM ET #114

    I have enjoyed and cashed in on your plays over the last couple of years and appreciate you sharing with us.  I for one, know that you certainly don't have to post all your write ups!!!  Thanks you from the east coast!!!
    Reply
    I have enjoyed and cashed in on your plays over the last couple of years and appreciate you sharing with us.  I for one, know that you certainly don't have to post all your write ups!!!  Thanks you from the east coast!!!
     
    KineProfessor
    KineProfessor
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 4619
    Posted: Feb. 21, 2012 - 2:45 PM ET #115

    Quote Originally Posted by riblet:

    Here is the last 8 times they have played:

    Wofford ~ 90-72
    Wofford ~ 59-47
    Wofford ~ 77-59
    Wofford ~ 79-62
    Wofford ~ 69-57
    Wofford ~ 59-56
    Wofford ~ 66-65
    Wofford ~ 80-75






    First, obviously I'm familiar with their past history (obviously its accounted for in the line), but how much weight do you give that when Wofford graduated four of their five starters from last year and have a total of two players who averaged over 2 pts per game on the entire roster.  Greensboro returned 4 of their 5 starters and 9 and their top 10 players.  That holds significantly more weight that results from players in the past that are no longer on Wofford's roster
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by riblet:

    Here is the last 8 times they have played:

    Wofford ~ 90-72
    Wofford ~ 59-47
    Wofford ~ 77-59
    Wofford ~ 79-62
    Wofford ~ 69-57
    Wofford ~ 59-56
    Wofford ~ 66-65
    Wofford ~ 80-75






    First, obviously I'm familiar with their past history (obviously its accounted for in the line), but how much weight do you give that when Wofford graduated four of their five starters from last year and have a total of two players who averaged over 2 pts per game on the entire roster.  Greensboro returned 4 of their 5 starters and 9 and their top 10 players.  That holds significantly more weight that results from players in the past that are no longer on Wofford's roster
     
    riblet
    riblet
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2011
    Posts: 3722
    Posted: Feb. 21, 2012 - 2:59 PM ET #116

    Quote Originally Posted by KineProfessor:



    First, obviously I'm familiar with their past history (obviously its accounted for in the line), but how much weight do you give that when Wofford graduated four of their five starters from last year and have a total of two players who averaged over 2 pts per game on the entire roster.  Greensboro returned 4 of their 5 starters and 9 and their top 10 players.  That holds significantly more weight that results from players in the past that are no longer on Wofford's roster

    KP that is true but you know how it is man, sometimes teams just struggle with certain teams no matter who is on the team. 

    Just really strange how everyone is talking up the Greensboro Team(Yes they could win) and they are not even favored against what you are calling a young, inexperienced, offensive challenged Wofford Team?

    By the sound of this UNCG should be favored by 3-5 pts, being at home having such a great SOS, and the significant advantage of returning 4 or 5 starters?

    KP I'm not saying you are wrong by any means as either team can win the game, I'm just not following all the UNCG hype, thats all.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by KineProfessor:



    First, obviously I'm familiar with their past history (obviously its accounted for in the line), but how much weight do you give that when Wofford graduated four of their five starters from last year and have a total of two players who averaged over 2 pts per game on the entire roster.  Greensboro returned 4 of their 5 starters and 9 and their top 10 players.  That holds significantly more weight that results from players in the past that are no longer on Wofford's roster

    KP that is true but you know how it is man, sometimes teams just struggle with certain teams no matter who is on the team. 

    Just really strange how everyone is talking up the Greensboro Team(Yes they could win) and they are not even favored against what you are calling a young, inexperienced, offensive challenged Wofford Team?

    By the sound of this UNCG should be favored by 3-5 pts, being at home having such a great SOS, and the significant advantage of returning 4 or 5 starters?

    KP I'm not saying you are wrong by any means as either team can win the game, I'm just not following all the UNCG hype, thats all.
     
    hyvong
    hyvong
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 1077
    Posted: Feb. 21, 2012 - 3:17 PM ET #117

    Anyone know which web site has a more accuracy rating? Thanks
    Reply
    Anyone know which web site has a more accuracy rating? Thanks
     
    mtndew146
    mtndew146
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2012
    Posts: 2450
    Posted: Feb. 21, 2012 - 3:31 PM ET #118

    Sounds like the play is if Trevis Simpson is going to play, if not then I wouldn't wager.
    Reply
    Sounds like the play is if Trevis Simpson is going to play, if not then I wouldn't wager.
     
    LockBurger
    LockBurger
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2011
    Posts: 1123
    Posted: Feb. 21, 2012 - 3:49 PM ET #119

    at 2.5 now, hoping to grab 3
    Reply
    at 2.5 now, hoping to grab 3
     
    KineProfessor
    KineProfessor
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 4619
    Posted: Feb. 21, 2012 - 4:02 PM ET #120

    Quote Originally Posted by riblet:


    KP that is true but you know how it is man, sometimes teams just struggle with certain teams no matter who is on the team. 

    Just really strange how everyone is talking up the Greensboro Team(Yes they could win) and they are not even favored against what you are calling a young, inexperienced, offensive challenged Wofford Team?

    By the sound of this UNCG should be favored by 3-5 pts, being at home having such a great SOS, and the significant advantage of returning 4 or 5 starters?

    KP I'm not saying you are wrong by any means as either team can win the game, I'm just not following all the UNCG hype, thats all.


    UNCG is 6-2 ATS in the last three weeks, that is the very definition of "substance" the opposite of "hype." 

    How can there be "hype" around a team that is still being made an underdog at home, that is the very definition of "undervalued" the opposite of "hype."

    This is a classic example of why I haven't been posting my plays on covers. 

    First, nowhere did I say this game was a "lock" or even a great play.  I simply pointed out the reason why they started 2-14 (one of the toughest SOS in the country, conflicting roles and bad player attitudes).  Its a one-unit play because I feel there is value in the line due to the fact that Wofford has a long winning streak against Greensboro and that everyone (linesmakers included) remembers Greensboro starting the season 2-14 and fired their coach mid-season. 

    Also, didn't say that there was a significant advantage in having 4 of 5 returning starters, at this point of the season who in the world would even use that as an angle?  Only mentioned it because of the past history angle. 

    I also didn't say that Greensboro SHOULD be favored by 3-5 pts, you made that number up yourself.  This thread (and the system in general) is all about finding value and betting on undervalued teams in certain situations.  Not only is this value when you look at the matchups and recent play, there is also value in the "situational" aspect as well as its Greensboro's last home game of the season (senior night) and they can clinch the number seed with a win AND they are fighting for the coach that turned their season around and trying to get him the head coaching job for the future.  Putting all those aspects together makes nice value on Greensboro to be sure.  (I'm hoping I'm not jinxing this game into a 20-pt loss by writing 3,000+ words on it)

    LET ME BE CLEAR.  I'm all for ANYONE coming in this thread and giving an opposing opinion of any game (that is what this forum should be about), you posted the obvious recent history between the two teams and I responded with why it really makes no difference at all as this is an entirely different Wofford team from in their recent past. 

    It just makes absolutely no sense to say you not buying into Greensboro hype when they have been one of the best teams in the country ATS for the entire month of February and yet they are still getting no respect from linemakers. 

    Now had you came in here and mentioned Wofford's recent form, or their great turnover %, or the fact that they are a solid defensive rebounding team, those are all valid points in the favor of Wofford (despite the fact that I believe Greensboro's depth and playing on their home court counteracts those Wofford strengths).

    If you have read ANY writeup I have posted over the past four years you know that I always say this is a basketball game and ANYTHING can happen, but if we are always getting our money in on the undervalued side, or on the better matchup side, or on the better situational play, or even better, some combination of the three - we will have a great chance to win money. 

    If, by my first write-up, I "hyped" Greensboro too much or made it seem like I think this bet is a "sure thing" I completely apologize, that was not my intention.  I just wanted to point out the factors that made me think that Greensboro was a solid investment tonight.  Riblet, please don't feel like this is an attack on you, I thought it best just to handle this now as I was planning on posting many of my own plays in this thread and I'm sure this situation will probably occur again. 


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by riblet:


    KP that is true but you know how it is man, sometimes teams just struggle with certain teams no matter who is on the team. 

    Just really strange how everyone is talking up the Greensboro Team(Yes they could win) and they are not even favored against what you are calling a young, inexperienced, offensive challenged Wofford Team?

    By the sound of this UNCG should be favored by 3-5 pts, being at home having such a great SOS, and the significant advantage of returning 4 or 5 starters?

    KP I'm not saying you are wrong by any means as either team can win the game, I'm just not following all the UNCG hype, thats all.


    UNCG is 6-2 ATS in the last three weeks, that is the very definition of "substance" the opposite of "hype." 

    How can there be "hype" around a team that is still being made an underdog at home, that is the very definition of "undervalued" the opposite of "hype."

    This is a classic example of why I haven't been posting my plays on covers. 

    First, nowhere did I say this game was a "lock" or even a great play.  I simply pointed out the reason why they started 2-14 (one of the toughest SOS in the country, conflicting roles and bad player attitudes).  Its a one-unit play because I feel there is value in the line due to the fact that Wofford has a long winning streak against Greensboro and that everyone (linesmakers included) remembers Greensboro starting the season 2-14 and fired their coach mid-season. 

    Also, didn't say that there was a significant advantage in having 4 of 5 returning starters, at this point of the season who in the world would even use that as an angle?  Only mentioned it because of the past history angle. 

    I also didn't say that Greensboro SHOULD be favored by 3-5 pts, you made that number up yourself.  This thread (and the system in general) is all about finding value and betting on undervalued teams in certain situations.  Not only is this value when you look at the matchups and recent play, there is also value in the "situational" aspect as well as its Greensboro's last home game of the season (senior night) and they can clinch the number seed with a win AND they are fighting for the coach that turned their season around and trying to get him the head coaching job for the future.  Putting all those aspects together makes nice value on Greensboro to be sure.  (I'm hoping I'm not jinxing this game into a 20-pt loss by writing 3,000+ words on it)

    LET ME BE CLEAR.  I'm all for ANYONE coming in this thread and giving an opposing opinion of any game (that is what this forum should be about), you posted the obvious recent history between the two teams and I responded with why it really makes no difference at all as this is an entirely different Wofford team from in their recent past. 

    It just makes absolutely no sense to say you not buying into Greensboro hype when they have been one of the best teams in the country ATS for the entire month of February and yet they are still getting no respect from linemakers. 

    Now had you came in here and mentioned Wofford's recent form, or their great turnover %, or the fact that they are a solid defensive rebounding team, those are all valid points in the favor of Wofford (despite the fact that I believe Greensboro's depth and playing on their home court counteracts those Wofford strengths).

    If you have read ANY writeup I have posted over the past four years you know that I always say this is a basketball game and ANYTHING can happen, but if we are always getting our money in on the undervalued side, or on the better matchup side, or on the better situational play, or even better, some combination of the three - we will have a great chance to win money. 

    If, by my first write-up, I "hyped" Greensboro too much or made it seem like I think this bet is a "sure thing" I completely apologize, that was not my intention.  I just wanted to point out the factors that made me think that Greensboro was a solid investment tonight.  Riblet, please don't feel like this is an attack on you, I thought it best just to handle this now as I was planning on posting many of my own plays in this thread and I'm sure this situation will probably occur again. 


     
    KineProfessor
    KineProfessor
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2008
    Posts: 4619
    Posted: Feb. 21, 2012 - 4:07 PM ET #121

    Quote Originally Posted by mtndew146:

    Sounds like the play is if Trevis Simpson is going to play, if not then I wouldn't wager.


    Two games ago, when Simpson missed, Greensboro beat College of Charleston by 15 points
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by mtndew146:

    Sounds like the play is if Trevis Simpson is going to play, if not then I wouldn't wager.


    Two games ago, when Simpson missed, Greensboro beat College of Charleston by 15 points
     
    mynameken
    mynameken
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 1390
    Posted: Feb. 21, 2012 - 4:12 PM ET #122

    Quote Originally Posted by Bengalfan9:

    I went 3-0 +$930 yesterday.. go fuck yourself and your system

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Bengalfan9:

    I went 3-0 +$930 yesterday.. go fuck yourself and your system

     
    Vert33
    Vert33
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2012
    Posts: 10
    Posted: Feb. 21, 2012 - 4:30 PM ET #123

    Quote Originally Posted by KineProfessor:

      Not only is this value when you look at the matchups and recent play, there is also value in the "situational" aspect as well as its Greensboro's last home game of the season (senior night) and they can clinch the number seed with a win AND they are fighting for the coach that turned their season around and trying to get him the head coaching job for the future.  Putting all those aspects together makes nice value on Greensboro to be sure. 



    First let me say, I'm new to covers but was lurking for a few weeks and I appreciate your insight.

    When you were recapping your reasons to value, the biggest angle that points to Greensboro is the news (to me) about their coach not getting the interim tag lifted.  Couple that with final home game and you are likely to get a rallying of the troops that will bode well for Greensboro.

    Only thing that makes me a bit leery is the contrasting styles of the two teams and that it turns into a slow-paced slugfest. 

    Thanks for your insight and am very intrigued by your system.  I really like that it's a system predicated on some logic (along with data) rather than SOLELY based on data centered around random factors in which correlation often gets misinterpreted for causation.


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by KineProfessor:

      Not only is this value when you look at the matchups and recent play, there is also value in the "situational" aspect as well as its Greensboro's last home game of the season (senior night) and they can clinch the number seed with a win AND they are fighting for the coach that turned their season around and trying to get him the head coaching job for the future.  Putting all those aspects together makes nice value on Greensboro to be sure. 



    First let me say, I'm new to covers but was lurking for a few weeks and I appreciate your insight.

    When you were recapping your reasons to value, the biggest angle that points to Greensboro is the news (to me) about their coach not getting the interim tag lifted.  Couple that with final home game and you are likely to get a rallying of the troops that will bode well for Greensboro.

    Only thing that makes me a bit leery is the contrasting styles of the two teams and that it turns into a slow-paced slugfest. 

    Thanks for your insight and am very intrigued by your system.  I really like that it's a system predicated on some logic (along with data) rather than SOLELY based on data centered around random factors in which correlation often gets misinterpreted for causation.


     
    riblet
    riblet
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2011
    Posts: 3722
    Posted: Feb. 21, 2012 - 5:06 PM ET #124

    KP didn't mean to offend you and if I did I apologize

    You should post your plays and write whatever you want to write bro my point was that Wofford has won the last 8.

    I respect your reasoning for choosing UNCG, I just feel that Wofford is the better team and will still feel that way even if they lose.

    Good Luck


    Reply
    KP didn't mean to offend you and if I did I apologize

    You should post your plays and write whatever you want to write bro my point was that Wofford has won the last 8.

    I respect your reasoning for choosing UNCG, I just feel that Wofford is the better team and will still feel that way even if they lose.

    Good Luck


     
     
    leisureman
    leisureman
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Feb, 2011
    Posts: 2
    Posted: Feb. 21, 2012 - 5:11 PM ET #125

    No need for apoligy dude. The people that appreciate the hard work and effort know exactly where you coming from.
     
    Reply
    No need for apoligy dude. The people that appreciate the hard work and effort know exactly where you coming from.
     
    All Forums | College Basketball
    «First Previous 567 ... 777879 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 460,357
    • 🏈🏈🏈 Fubah2's risky CFB bets 269,902
    • Thursday 10/08/2026 437
    • PART DEUX 163
    • TB/BOYS live in game comment welcome 849
    • Week 6 Money 8,594
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,854
    • 🏀😎🥳 NCAA hoops bets hitting over 63% each year for past few seasons!...BUT will this continue? 🤔 ...or regress?? 🤒🤕😧 191,793
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 36,302
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 105,265

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Privacy Choices Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.