• Forums
  • Best Betting Sites
  • Sportsbook Promos
  • Best Sports Betting Apps
  • NFL Betting Forum
  • NBA Betting Forum
  • MLB Betting Forum
  • NHL Betting Forum
  • NCAAF Betting Forum
  • NCAAB Betting Forum
  • Soccer Betting Forum
  • Tennis Betting Forum
  • General Discussion
  • Help Forum
  • Guidelines
  • FAQ
  • Forum Updates
    Covers Logo
    Covers App
    Faster picks. Smarter bets.
    All in the NEW Covers App
    Download on the App Store Download on the Google Play Store
    • Sports
      • NFL
        • Back
        • NFL
        • NFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NFL Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NCAAF
        • Back
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAF Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NCAAF Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NBA
        • Back
        • NBA
        • NBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • NCAAB
        • Back
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • NCAAB Picks
        • Injuries
      • MLB
        • Back
        • MLB
        • MLB Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • MLB Picks
        • Weather
        • Injuries
      • NHL
        • Back
        • NHL
        • NHL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • Prop Projections
        • NHL Picks
        • Injuries
      • Soccer
      • UFC
      • WNBA
        • Back
        • WNBA
        • WNBA Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • WNBA Picks
        • Injuries
      • CFL
        • Back
        • CFL
        • CFL Home
        • Scores & Matchups
        • CFL Picks
      • Golf
        • Back
        • Golf
        • Golf Home
        • Golf Odds
        • Masters Odds
        • PGA Championship Odds
        • US Open Odds
        • British Open Odds
        • Ryder Cup Odds
        • Golf Picks
    • Odds
      • All Odds
      • NFL
      • NCAAF
      • NBA
      • NCAAB
      • MLB
      • NHL
      • Golf
      • Soccer Odds
        • Back
        • Soccer Odds
        • MLS Odds
        • Champions League Odds
        • Premier League Odds
      • UFC
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • Election Odds
      • Futures
        • Back
        • Futures
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • MLB
        • NHL
        • NCAAB
        • NCAAF
      • Sports Odds History
    • Picks
      • All Picks
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • NHL
      • MLB
      • NCAAF
      • NCAAB
      • Golf
      • WNBA
      • CFL
      • User Picks
      • Team User Picks
      • Consensus Picks
        • Back
        • Consensus Picks
        • All Consensus Picks
        • NFL
        • NBA
        • NHL
        • MLB
        • NCAAF
        • NCAAB
        • CFL
        • WNBA
        • Consensus FAQ
        • Public Money
    • Prop Projections
      • NFL
      • NBA
      • MLB
      • NHL
    • Betting
      • US Betting Sites
      • Canada Betting Sites
      • Sportsbook Reviews
      • States
        • Back
        • States
        • US Legal Tracker
        • Revenue Tracker
        • Arizona
        • Arkansas
        • California
        • Colorado
        • Connecticut
        • DC
        • Florida
        • Georgia
        • Illinois
        • Indiana
        • Iowa
        • Kansas
        • Kentucky
        • Louisiana
        • Maine
        • Maryland
        • Massachusetts
        • Michigan
        • Mississippi
        • Missouri
        • Nevada
        • New Hampshire
        • New Jersey
        • New York
        • North Carolina
        • Ohio
        • Oregon
        • Pennsylvania
        • Tennessee
        • Texas
        • Vermont
        • Virginia
        • West Virginia
        • Wyoming
      • Provinces
        • Back
        • Provinces
        • Alberta
        • British Columbia
        • Manitoba
        • New Brunswick
        • Newfoundland and Labrador
        • Northwest Territories
        • Nova Scotia
        • Nunavut
        • Ontario
        • Prince Edward Island
        • Quebec (English)
        • Quebec (francais)
        • Saskatchewan
        • Yukon
      • By Sport
        • Back
        • By Sport
        • Baseball
        • Basketball
        • Boxing
        • College Football
        • F1
        • Football
        • Super Bowl
        • Golf
        • Hockey
        • Horse Racing
        • March Madness
        • Soccer
        • UFC
        • World Cup
      • Betting Apps
        • Back
        • Betting Apps
        • Best Sports Betting Apps USA
        • Ontario Sports Betting Apps
      • Rest of World
        • Back
        • Rest of World
        • UK Betting Offers
          • Back
          • UK Betting Offers
          • UK Betting Sites
          • bet365 Bonus Code UK
          • 888Sport Promo Code UK
          • William Hill Sign up Offer
          • Betway Sign up Offer
          • BetVictor Bonus Code UK
      • Betting Guides
        • Back
        • Betting Guides
        • All Guides
        • Glossary
        • Betting Calculators
          • Back
          • Betting Calculators
          • Odds Converter
          • Parlay Calculator
        • Futures Betting Guide
        • Moneyline Betting Guide
        • Over/Under Betting Guide
        • Parlay Betting Guide
        • Point Spread Betting Guide
        • Prop Betting Guide
        • Sports Betting Guides
          • Back
          • Sports Betting Guides
          • How To Bet On Sports Guide
          • NFL Betting Guide
          • NHL Betting Guide
          • NBA Betting Guide
          • MLB Betting Guide
          • NCAAB Betting Guide
          • NCAAF Betting Guide
          • Golf Betting Guide
          • Tennis Betting Guide
        • Teaser Betting Guide
      • Betting News
        • Back
        • Betting News
        • All News
        • Industry News
        • Podcasts
        • Covers Videos
        • Covers Writers
        • Offers & Boosts
    • Promos
      • Sportsbook Promos
      • Canada Sportsbook Promos
      • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Sportsbook
        • bet365 Bonus Code
        • BET99 Promo Code
        • BetMGM Bonus Code
        • BetRivers Bonus Code
        • Caesars Sportsbook Promo
        • DraftKings Promo Code
        • Fanatics Sportsbook Promo
        • FanDuel Promo Code
        • Hard Rock Bet Promo Code
        • Sports Interaction Promo
        • Stake Promo Code
        • theScore Bet Promo Code
        • TonyBet Promo Code
      • Bonuses By Region
        • Back
        • Bonuses By Region
        • Arkansas Promos
        • Arizona Promos
        • Colorado Promos
        • Connecticut Promos
        • DC Promos
        • Illinois Promos
        • Indiana Promos
        • Iowa Promos
        • Kansas Promos
        • Kentucky Promos
        • Louisiana Promos
        • Maine Promos
        • Maryland Promos
        • Massachusetts Promos
        • Michigan Promos
        • Missouri Promos
        • New Jersey Promos
        • New York Promos
        • North Carolina Promos
        • Ohio Promos
        • Pennsylvania Promos
        • Tennessee Promos
        • Vermont Promos
        • Virginia Promos
        • West Virginia Promos
        • Wyoming Promos
    • Forum & Contests
      • All Forums
      • NFL Betting Forum
      • MLB Betting Forum
      • NCAAB Betting Forum
      • NCAAF Betting Forum
      • NBA Betting Forum
      • NHL Betting Forum
      • Soccer Betting Forum
      • Contests
        • Back
        • Contests
        • Contests Home
        • Streak Survivor
        • King of Covers
        • My Contests
    • Casino
      • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Back
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes Casino
        • Sweepstakes No-Deposit Bonuses
        • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Back
          • Sweepstakes Promos
          • Card Crush
          • Casino.click
          • Chanced Casino
          • Crown Coins Casino
          • FreeSpin Casino
          • LoneStar
          • McLuck
          • Mega Bonanza Casino
          • PlayFame
          • Pulsz
          • Stake.us
      • US Casinos
        • Back
        • US Casinos
        • US Online Casinos
        • US Online Casino Bonuses
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • bet365 Casino Promo Code
          • BetRivers Casino Promo
          • Borgata Casino Bonus Code
          • Caesars Casino Bonus Code
          • DraftKings Casino Promo
          • Fanatics Casino Promo
          • FanDuel Casino Promo Code
          • Golden Nugget Casino Promo
          • Hard Rock Bet Casino Promo
          • Hollywood Casino Promo Code
      • Canada Casinos
        • Back
        • Canada Casinos
        • Canada Online Casinos
        • Provinces
          • Back
          • Provinces
          • Alberta Online Casino
          • BC Online Casino
          • Ontario Online Casinos
        • Casino Promos
          • Back
          • Casino Promos
          • BC.GAME Bonus Code
          • Cloudbet Promo Code
          • RainBet Promo Code
          • Roobet Promo Code
          • Shuffle Promo Code
          • Thrill Promo Code
    • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Markets
      • Prediction Market Apps
      • Prediction Market Promos
      • Kalshi Promo Code
      • Kalshi Referral Code
      • Polymarket Promo Code
      • Polymarket Referral Code
      • DraftKings Predictions Promo Code
      • Novig Promo Code
      • ProphetX Promo Code
      • Underdog Promo Code
      • Betr Promo Code
      • OG Promo Code
      • Fanatics Markets Promo Code
      • Plus500 Promo Code
      • Gemini Predictions Promo Code
    • NFL Week 4
      NFL Week 4
      • NFL Odds
      • NFL Picks
      • NFL Prediction Markets
      • NFL Betting Sites
    Covers Account
    Log in Create account
    Join free Log in
    All Forums | The Archives

    Moving to Vegas to become a full time pro handicapper

    «First Previous 242243244 ... 567568569 Next Last»
    rangerz2478
    vanzack
    tzolkin
    bk1374
    Ballerholic
    ...
    Participants:
    Search
    Views: 973052
    Posts: 14201
    «First Previous 242243244 ... 567568569 Next Last»
     
    rangerz2478
    rangerz2478
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 17830
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 5:10 PM ET #6026

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    1 for the under!!!

    While I know this doesn't establish a pattern - it is a 500 dollar bet before a 1500 dollar bet.

    MAJOR LINE MOVE:

    1500   -180
    500     +160


    Major over-reaction here. Give me my 4th max on the -180. 

    So by my count. I have maxes at -150, -200, -250 and now -180. 


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    1 for the under!!!

    While I know this doesn't establish a pattern - it is a 500 dollar bet before a 1500 dollar bet.

    MAJOR LINE MOVE:

    1500   -180
    500     +160


    Major over-reaction here. Give me my 4th max on the -180. 

    So by my count. I have maxes at -150, -200, -250 and now -180. 


     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 5:15 PM ET #6027

    Quote Originally Posted by rangerz2478:


    Major over-reaction here. Give me my 4th max on the -180. 

    So by my count. I have maxes at -150, -200, -250 and now -180. 


    Oh boy.

    Im going to have to make a judgment here and say you are on tilt, a biased player, or just a square when it comes to betting in to lines about other gamblers.

    IM HOLDING IT.

    1500   -180
    500     +160

    But you are limited until the line changes, my mood changes, or someone else takes the under.

    And I might decide to cancel all of these wagers if I determine later that it was a "mistake line" from the beginning.

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerz2478:


    Major over-reaction here. Give me my 4th max on the -180. 

    So by my count. I have maxes at -150, -200, -250 and now -180. 


    Oh boy.

    Im going to have to make a judgment here and say you are on tilt, a biased player, or just a square when it comes to betting in to lines about other gamblers.

    IM HOLDING IT.

    1500   -180
    500     +160

    But you are limited until the line changes, my mood changes, or someone else takes the under.

    And I might decide to cancel all of these wagers if I determine later that it was a "mistake line" from the beginning.

     
    vanzack
    vanzack
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2001
    Posts: 60107
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 5:17 PM ET #6028

    Can anyone else tell Bluefin that a US Citizen can live abroad?

    That a US Citizen can have dual citizenship?

    Is he serious?  Can it be possible that he thinks if you want to live abroad you have to give up your US Citizenship?

    Is he just winding me up?

    Support your local animal shelter. I am on twitter.
    Reply

    Can anyone else tell Bluefin that a US Citizen can live abroad?

    That a US Citizen can have dual citizenship?

    Is he serious?  Can it be possible that he thinks if you want to live abroad you have to give up your US Citizenship?

    Is he just winding me up?

     
    tzolkin
    tzolkin
    Rookie
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2014
    Posts: 649
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 5:17 PM ET #6029

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Asian bet brokers don't accept Americans.  That I know of.  Please tell me I am wrong.



    I do not know it. You can check it, I will send you PM with name of bet broker which is most popular in Europe.
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Asian bet brokers don't accept Americans.  That I know of.  Please tell me I am wrong.



    I do not know it. You can check it, I will send you PM with name of bet broker which is most popular in Europe.
     
    rangerz2478
    rangerz2478
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 17830
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 5:24 PM ET #6030

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Oh boy.

    Im going to have to make a judgment here and say you are on tilt, a biased player, or just a square when it comes to betting in to lines about other gamblers.

    IM HOLDING IT.

    1500   -180
    500     +160

    But you are limited until the line changes, my mood changes, or someone else takes the under.

    And I might decide to cancel all of these wagers if I determine later that it was a "mistake line" from the beginning.


    Please label me a square, I don't want my limits slashed on these. If I'm wrong on this one, so be it, but I'm getting as much down as humanly possible.  I'm even willing to give you some action on regular sides to balance my action as long as it means my prop limits won't be slashed. 

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Oh boy.

    Im going to have to make a judgment here and say you are on tilt, a biased player, or just a square when it comes to betting in to lines about other gamblers.

    IM HOLDING IT.

    1500   -180
    500     +160

    But you are limited until the line changes, my mood changes, or someone else takes the under.

    And I might decide to cancel all of these wagers if I determine later that it was a "mistake line" from the beginning.


    Please label me a square, I don't want my limits slashed on these. If I'm wrong on this one, so be it, but I'm getting as much down as humanly possible.  I'm even willing to give you some action on regular sides to balance my action as long as it means my prop limits won't be slashed. 

     
    bk1374
    bk1374
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: May, 2011
    Posts: 7891
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 5:30 PM ET #6031

    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Can anyone else tell Bluefin that a US Citizen can live abroad?

    That a US Citizen can have dual citizenship?

    Is he serious?  Can it be possible that he thinks if you want to live abroad you have to give up your US Citizenship?

    Is he just winding me up?


    My father in law lives outside the US for about 11 months out of the year, and he surely has never renounced is US Citizenship.  Now, he is not trying to become a citizen of any other country, but certainly has residences outside of the US, where I am sure he receives bills and has his name on a lease, etc.  Was recently in Milano, and just moved to Abu Dhabi for his next job.  

    Maybe he is confusing establishing residency with changing citizenship, who knows.  


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by vanzack:

    Can anyone else tell Bluefin that a US Citizen can live abroad?

    That a US Citizen can have dual citizenship?

    Is he serious?  Can it be possible that he thinks if you want to live abroad you have to give up your US Citizenship?

    Is he just winding me up?


    My father in law lives outside the US for about 11 months out of the year, and he surely has never renounced is US Citizenship.  Now, he is not trying to become a citizen of any other country, but certainly has residences outside of the US, where I am sure he receives bills and has his name on a lease, etc.  Was recently in Milano, and just moved to Abu Dhabi for his next job.  

    Maybe he is confusing establishing residency with changing citizenship, who knows.  


     
    Ballerholic
    Ballerholic
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Dec, 2013
    Posts: 145
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 5:33 PM ET #6032

    Haha Bluefin if you are a U.S. citizen you can live abroad. I'm American, I have dual citizenship and I live abroad. As long as you have proof of residency in the foreign country you can bet. You just cannot bet from an American IP address. Whenver I'm in U.S. I just have my GF bet for me, otherwise I just use 5dimes. 
    Reply
    Haha Bluefin if you are a U.S. citizen you can live abroad. I'm American, I have dual citizenship and I live abroad. As long as you have proof of residency in the foreign country you can bet. You just cannot bet from an American IP address. Whenver I'm in U.S. I just have my GF bet for me, otherwise I just use 5dimes. 
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 5:36 PM ET #6033

    Utah Utes -7 (-110) $550/$500. Love spurs most so K play on the ML, and $550/$500 on the two college games I like. Let's go SPURS, IRISH and UTES
    Reply
    Utah Utes -7 (-110) $550/$500. Love spurs most so K play on the ML, and $550/$500 on the two college games I like. Let's go SPURS, IRISH and UTES
     
    Bermax
    Bermax
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2015
    Posts: 239
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 5:36 PM ET #6034

    CG's venturing into ML territory had me write an odds conversion formula on the fly since it would be too cumbersome to update the sheet otherwise. Thought I'd share them for posterity since they could be useful to anyone using excel for their betting records/analysis.

    A. Moneyline to decimal conversion:
    =IF(A1<0,100/abs(A1)+1,A1/100+1)

    B. Decimal to moneyline conversion:
    =IF(A1<2,-1/(A1-1)*100,A1*100-100)

    (Under the assumption that the odds that need to be converted are put into cell A1).
    Reply
    CG's venturing into ML territory had me write an odds conversion formula on the fly since it would be too cumbersome to update the sheet otherwise. Thought I'd share them for posterity since they could be useful to anyone using excel for their betting records/analysis.

    A. Moneyline to decimal conversion:
    =IF(A1<0,100/abs(A1)+1,A1/100+1)

    B. Decimal to moneyline conversion:
    =IF(A1<2,-1/(A1-1)*100,A1*100-100)

    (Under the assumption that the odds that need to be converted are put into cell A1).
     
    scalabrine
    scalabrine
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2006
    Posts: 28221
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 5:48 PM ET #6035

    Quote Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:

    Paging scal.  Paging scal.

    We have a 1-1 day thus far as you predicted.  Please return at once to the forum and write a 1,000 word essay explaining how you were correct.


    I was going to leave well enough alone but now that you asked I will do that.

    Does it take a rocket scientist to know CG has a great chance at going 1-1 and losing a vig? 

    No.

    There are only 3 possibilities for his WL: 0-2; 1-1; 2-0 so you have a 33% chance of being right blindly picking one of three.

    Well I could have berated him and said, "You're going 0-2 bubba!"

    I didn't. Why?

    Because his picks as a whole weren't bad, but they weren't a 2-0 set. Further, I had zero confidence the two picks could hit as a parlay.

    Michigan is a bad team. They stepped up today. Great. Despite that, I had major reservations about his UNC pick? Why? You don't just dispatch a team like UNC from these tournaments, no matter who they play. You get the best effort from a team with one of the richest traditions in all of college basketball, all in a year where Dean Smith passed and UNC imploded along with his passing, now looking for redemption. Despite the Duke loss, they have talent and disregarding anything and everything in CG's cap, the two picks absolutely could not be parlayed. Therefore, knowing what I know of both sides 1-1 is the most likely result.

    Tonight? He does the same thing and goes after the Spurs. TOUGH game. Either side is a very tough side. He goes after these games day after day. These are no ideal spots in the least. Your record will be a bit over .500 or under it with these spots, vigged out over the long-term.

    Does he care?

    No. He just continues down the "Erosion of bankroll Via Vig" river without a paddle.

    He wants the action on games he can watch. Well he's got it. And he's paying with his roll....bit by bit.


    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by HutchEmAll:

    Paging scal.  Paging scal.

    We have a 1-1 day thus far as you predicted.  Please return at once to the forum and write a 1,000 word essay explaining how you were correct.


    I was going to leave well enough alone but now that you asked I will do that.

    Does it take a rocket scientist to know CG has a great chance at going 1-1 and losing a vig? 

    No.

    There are only 3 possibilities for his WL: 0-2; 1-1; 2-0 so you have a 33% chance of being right blindly picking one of three.

    Well I could have berated him and said, "You're going 0-2 bubba!"

    I didn't. Why?

    Because his picks as a whole weren't bad, but they weren't a 2-0 set. Further, I had zero confidence the two picks could hit as a parlay.

    Michigan is a bad team. They stepped up today. Great. Despite that, I had major reservations about his UNC pick? Why? You don't just dispatch a team like UNC from these tournaments, no matter who they play. You get the best effort from a team with one of the richest traditions in all of college basketball, all in a year where Dean Smith passed and UNC imploded along with his passing, now looking for redemption. Despite the Duke loss, they have talent and disregarding anything and everything in CG's cap, the two picks absolutely could not be parlayed. Therefore, knowing what I know of both sides 1-1 is the most likely result.

    Tonight? He does the same thing and goes after the Spurs. TOUGH game. Either side is a very tough side. He goes after these games day after day. These are no ideal spots in the least. Your record will be a bit over .500 or under it with these spots, vigged out over the long-term.

    Does he care?

    No. He just continues down the "Erosion of bankroll Via Vig" river without a paddle.

    He wants the action on games he can watch. Well he's got it. And he's paying with his roll....bit by bit.


     
    wizardofroz
    wizardofroz
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2004
    Posts: 6768
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 5:49 PM ET #6036

    Quote Originally Posted by Bermax:

    CG's venturing into ML territory had me write an odds conversion formula on the fly since it would be too cumbersome to update the sheet otherwise. Thought I'd share them for posterity since they could be useful to anyone using excel for their betting records/analysis.

    A. Moneyline to decimal conversion:
    =IF(A1<0,100/abs(A1)+1,A1/100+1)

    B. Decimal to moneyline conversion:
    =IF(A1<2,-1/(A1-1)*100,A1*100-100)

    (Under the assumption that the odds that need to be converted are put into cell A1).

    I think College Gambler's utter lack of concern in addressing other's questions, and lack of insight in his own thread, has caused the board to be less concerned about his outcomes and selections, during each passing day.

    I now check the banter and conversations that go on, as College Gambler's contributions are becoming less significant.  IMO, he should just post his plays and updates on Youtube, as this reality show is becoming a major bore.  
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Bermax:

    CG's venturing into ML territory had me write an odds conversion formula on the fly since it would be too cumbersome to update the sheet otherwise. Thought I'd share them for posterity since they could be useful to anyone using excel for their betting records/analysis.

    A. Moneyline to decimal conversion:
    =IF(A1<0,100/abs(A1)+1,A1/100+1)

    B. Decimal to moneyline conversion:
    =IF(A1<2,-1/(A1-1)*100,A1*100-100)

    (Under the assumption that the odds that need to be converted are put into cell A1).

    I think College Gambler's utter lack of concern in addressing other's questions, and lack of insight in his own thread, has caused the board to be less concerned about his outcomes and selections, during each passing day.

    I now check the banter and conversations that go on, as College Gambler's contributions are becoming less significant.  IMO, he should just post his plays and updates on Youtube, as this reality show is becoming a major bore.  
     
    toastmaster20
    toastmaster20
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jul, 2006
    Posts: 166
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 5:50 PM ET #6037

    Ugh, I missed some of that sweet action @ +300, Van. Unfortunately, I was stuck in traffic on my way over. 

    I think you should do a cumulative $1,500 or $550 bets over the next, say, 75K of bets. I think there is value in -180 right now for a $1,500 bet, simply because he made that $550 bet and will keep that "K" average. With the cumulative, you can still change your lines as you see fit, but won't be as frequent, so not expose your Operation to loss.

    But, in the long run, I'll take more lower bet amounts than the higher, (stated by you earlier) because of the terrifying thought of going back. I think when he hits his Mendoza line, of say 12-15K bankroll, he will throttle back to keep his "journey" alive.

    "Ya never now" - Anonymous
    Reply
    Ugh, I missed some of that sweet action @ +300, Van. Unfortunately, I was stuck in traffic on my way over. 

    I think you should do a cumulative $1,500 or $550 bets over the next, say, 75K of bets. I think there is value in -180 right now for a $1,500 bet, simply because he made that $550 bet and will keep that "K" average. With the cumulative, you can still change your lines as you see fit, but won't be as frequent, so not expose your Operation to loss.

    But, in the long run, I'll take more lower bet amounts than the higher, (stated by you earlier) because of the terrifying thought of going back. I think when he hits his Mendoza line, of say 12-15K bankroll, he will throttle back to keep his "journey" alive.

    "Ya never now" - Anonymous
     
    rangerz2478
    rangerz2478
    MVP
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2007
    Posts: 17830
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 5:51 PM ET #6038

    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    Utah Utes -7 (-110) $550/$500. Love spurs most so K play on the ML, and $550/$500 on the two college games I like. Let's go SPURS, IRISH and UTES

    Son of a....

    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    Utah Utes -7 (-110) $550/$500. Love spurs most so K play on the ML, and $550/$500 on the two college games I like. Let's go SPURS, IRISH and UTES

    Son of a....

     
    Bluefin
    Bluefin
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Nov, 2006
    Posts: 8485
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 5:59 PM ET #6039

    Boy I sure got you all going on both tracks today ha ha was playing Scal for the day. I was not saying you can not have a residency out side the U.S. but to be a resident of that country you have to live in the country . I should have said to be a citizen of a foreign country unles you were born with dual citizenship you have to renounce your citizenship in the US.
    Reply
    Boy I sure got you all going on both tracks today ha ha was playing Scal for the day. I was not saying you can not have a residency out side the U.S. but to be a resident of that country you have to live in the country . I should have said to be a citizen of a foreign country unles you were born with dual citizenship you have to renounce your citizenship in the US.
     
    Ktrain
    Ktrain
    Captain
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Oct, 2009
    Posts: 6580
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 6:05 PM ET #6040

    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    Will prob do the apps soon with the books only prob they have my SS # then. Nice now with them not knowing who I am when I bet

    Just an fyi, had you hit the Kings bet that you have as your avatar, you would have had to give up your SS # for a CTR. 
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    Will prob do the apps soon with the books only prob they have my SS # then. Nice now with them not knowing who I am when I bet

    Just an fyi, had you hit the Kings bet that you have as your avatar, you would have had to give up your SS # for a CTR. 
     
    DiverRon
    DiverRon
    Veteran
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jun, 2008
    Posts: 3837
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 6:11 PM ET #6041

    CG,

    Memphis benched their starters. I'd put a K on Washington
    -8.5! 

    Reply

    CG,

    Memphis benched their starters. I'd put a K on Washington
    -8.5! 

     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 6:12 PM ET #6042


    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply

    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
     
    GeneralChaos
    GeneralChaos
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 247
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 6:25 PM ET #6043

    Quote Originally Posted by Ballerholic:

    How do winners pay vig?


    Because you don't get it back at 100 % roi.  You get it back at about .91 % roi.  Losers just lose,  100% gone.

    So, losers 100% gone.  Winners .91 % return.  Winners pay the difference...about .09 juice.  Surprise, huh?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballerholic:

    How do winners pay vig?


    Because you don't get it back at 100 % roi.  You get it back at about .91 % roi.  Losers just lose,  100% gone.

    So, losers 100% gone.  Winners .91 % return.  Winners pay the difference...about .09 juice.  Surprise, huh?
     
    GeneralChaos
    GeneralChaos
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2007
    Posts: 247
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 6:25 PM ET #6044

    Quote Originally Posted by Ballerholic:

    How do winners pay vig?


    Because you don't get it back at 100 % roi.  You get it back at about .91 % roi.  Losers just lose,  100% gone.

    So, losers 100% gone.  Winners .91 % return.  Winners pay the difference...about .09 juice.  Surprise, huh?
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballerholic:

    How do winners pay vig?


    Because you don't get it back at 100 % roi.  You get it back at about .91 % roi.  Losers just lose,  100% gone.

    So, losers 100% gone.  Winners .91 % return.  Winners pay the difference...about .09 juice.  Surprise, huh?
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 6:31 PM ET #6045

    Goose I got ur message I just couldn't throw anything on an exhibition baseball game. U were spot on tho bro
    Reply
    Goose I got ur message I just couldn't throw anything on an exhibition baseball game. U were spot on tho bro
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 6:44 PM ET #6046

    I'm getting sick of the freakig vig that's any I took Spurs ML. In case others were wondering. Scal I would be shocked if they didn't win at home tonight. U trust this Cavs team who is basically a group of guys just learning to play one another in SA tonight against a team who is on fire? I don't. Spurs large
    Reply
    I'm getting sick of the freakig vig that's any I took Spurs ML. In case others were wondering. Scal I would be shocked if they didn't win at home tonight. U trust this Cavs team who is basically a group of guys just learning to play one another in SA tonight against a team who is on fire? I don't. Spurs large
     
    collegegambler
    collegegambler
    Banned
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Sep, 2008
    Posts: 16192
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 6:45 PM ET #6047

    That's why I took spurs ML ** meant to say
    Reply
    That's why I took spurs ML ** meant to say
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 6:48 PM ET #6048



    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply


     
    Moo009
    Moo009
    Prospect
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Aug, 2013
    Posts: 293
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 6:57 PM ET #6049

    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    Goose I got ur message I just couldn't throw anything on an exhibition baseball game. U were spot on tho bro


    what was the game??
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by collegegambler:

    Goose I got ur message I just couldn't throw anything on an exhibition baseball game. U were spot on tho bro


    what was the game??
     
     
    TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose
    Legend
    Participation Meter
    Joined: Jan, 2003
    Posts: 32362
    Posted: Mar. 12, 2015 - 7:07 PM ET #6050

    Quote Originally Posted by Moo009:



    what was the game??


    Red Sox. MLB requires traveling teams to carry at least four regular starting players.  Boston took more because it was a short bus ride.  Buchholz and Rodriguez were each pitching three innings against a Pitt team that has not been hitting.  Seven wins in a row now for a red-hot Boston team.  
    ~~~~~ZOSO~~~~~
    Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo009:



    what was the game??


    Red Sox. MLB requires traveling teams to carry at least four regular starting players.  Boston took more because it was a short bus ride.  Buchholz and Rodriguez were each pitching three innings against a Pitt team that has not been hitting.  Seven wins in a row now for a red-hot Boston team.  
    All Forums | The Archives
    «First Previous 242243244 ... 567568569 Next Last»

    Hot Forums IconHot Forum Topics

    • 🤢🥴💩_ Fubah's risky baseball bets _🥶😲🥵 457,573
    • Monday 10/05/2026 688
    • Serious Streak Survivor Strategies 1,918,274
    • I'm embarrassed for Trump supporters 60,716
    • NFL LOCKED IN! 104,759
    • ***Macwesties * Sun. Oct. 04, 2026 * Week #4 * NFL Football Plays*** 9,635
    • NCAA FOOTBALL. 151 33,577
    • Breathtaking ....truly 36,323
    • NFL THREAD * 151 * 17,439
    • PART DEUX 141

    Warning - External Link

    Report User

    Thank you for reporting
    This content is abusive or harmful
    This post is spam
    An error has occurred
    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

    Delete Post

    Are you sure you would like to remove this post?

    Remove Thread

    Are you sure you would like to remove this thread?

    Scan Results

    Login/Register

    Happy to have you join the conversation. To do so, please login or create an account.
    Accounts are free and easy to create.

    Search


    Loading…

    Loading…

    About Us
    Contact Us
    Careers
    Our Team
    Brand
    Testimonials
    Betting Guides
    Sportsbook Reviews
    Betting News
    Podcasts
    Responsible Gambling
    Betting Sites
    US Betting Sites
    Canada Betting Sites
    Canada Casinos
    Best Betting Apps
    Contests
    Streak Survivor
    King of Covers
    Ultimate Race
    Office Pools
    The Covers community has
    810,221
    lifetime members worldwide
    Join our community today
    Covers 30 Years Logo Established in 1995,
    Covers is the world
    leader in sports
    betting information.
    21+
    Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER
    Help Privacy Terms of Service Cookies Sitemap Forum
    YouTube logo
    Facebook logo
    Twitter logo
    Instagram logo
    LinkedIn logo
    Google News logo
    Covers is verified safe by:
    Evalon Logo Logo GPWA Logo GDPR logo Logo GeoTrust logo Logo PCI DSS logo Logo
    Copyright © 1995 - 2026 Genius Sports. All Rights Reserved.
    If you choose to make use of any information on this website including online sports betting services from any websites that may be featured on this website, we strongly recommend that you carefully check your local laws before doing so.It is your sole responsibility to understand your local laws and observe them strictly.Covers does not provide any advice or guidance as to the legality of online sports betting or other online gambling activities within your jurisdiction and you are responsible for complying with laws that are applicable to you in your relevant locality.Covers disclaims all liability associated with your use of this website and use of any information contained on it.As a condition of using this website, you agree to hold the owner of this website harmless from any claims arising from your use of any services on any third party website that may be featured by Covers.